6.4

1. Jun 17, 2012
    hugely underrated.best story in a video game. the combat is a poorly-executed version of Dragon Age: Origin's, and is the major drawback here. but if you can overlook this, you'll have a lot of fun.
  2. Oct 21, 2013
    I'm really surprised this game didn't get a better review. Yes it's a bit linear, but some of the different decisions you make can have a drastic impact on that particular chapter. For instance, one chapter lets you decide between knocking out a woman or letting her free, which determines whether you'll be fighting your way through a large area or fighting through it.

The graphics are

The graphics are really nice, especially the banners and crests. Some of the armor your protagonists wear is also very badass (Mors family armor especially).

There is a ton of dialog, which is skippable. If you're a GOT geek, you get to learn a lot about some of the other families and the history leading up to the first book/season.

The combat is not nearly as terrible as many people saying. It's basically using a series of moves that combo off each other, similar to how Baldur's Gate type games worked.

I gave this game an 8 because it's legitimately fun. I haven't run into any bugs and the game runs great. I'm close to the end now and am bummed out it's going to be over. One thing I should mention is that this game could have been incredibly epic. It seems like it could have used a bit more time in development to flesh out some of the areas and mechanics.
  3. May 22, 2012
    Great game. The story is great. The fighting is pretty good. The choices have actual consequences and the game flows from your decisions. Runs with max settings on my 3 year old laptop with no problems. There are a few minor flaws though. 5 years ago, this game would have looked great. But today the graphics are a bit dated, though why that should matter to a great gaming experience I amGreat game. The story is great. The fighting is pretty good. The choices have actual consequences and the game flows from your decisions. Runs with max settings on my 3 year old laptop with no problems. There are a few minor flaws though. 5 years ago, this game would have looked great. But today the graphics are a bit dated, though why that should matter to a great gaming experience I am not entirely certain since they are not bad. There are also some very minor bugs that do not appear to affect quests but are a bit annoying, nothing as terrible as what most modern games launch with. Overall, a great gaming experience with a few minor flaws. Expand
  4. Jun 23, 2012
    On the other side of the war, and in keeping with the flames-reflected-in-eyeball motif, Stannis almost strangled Melisandre to death ("Where's your God now?") for what he believed to be false visions. And while he eventually became entranced by a flame, and maybe saw some visions of his own, the thing I remembered most about the scene was the regret and guilt Stannis felt, finally settingOn the other side of the war, and in keeping with the flames-reflected-in-eyeball motif, Stannis almost strangled Melisandre to death ("Where's your God now?") for what he believed to be false visions. And while he eventually became entranced by a flame, and maybe saw some visions of his own, the thing I remembered most about the scene was the regret and guilt Stannis felt, finally setting in, over killing Renly. Expand
  5. Jul 18, 2012
    I'm really enjoying this game! The plot is bar none better than anything I've seen come out in the last 5 years (Skyrim and Dragon Age included). The combat system is really interesting: it's a mix between turn based and action combat systems. You can queue up regular and special attacks and can slow down time a bit while choosing special attacks. I like action RPGs well enough but II'm really enjoying this game! The plot is bar none better than anything I've seen come out in the last 5 years (Skyrim and Dragon Age included). The combat system is really interesting: it's a mix between turn based and action combat systems. You can queue up regular and special attacks and can slow down time a bit while choosing special attacks. I like action RPGs well enough but I also grew up on Baulders Gate type of combat systems and this is a perfect mix. It's not as rigid as something like Legend of Grimlock and it's not as cretin as Skyrim.
    I've seen a lot of negative reviews for the game, so I was hesitant of purchasing the game but am glad I did. I'm confident that those who complained about the combat system are Skyrim-is-the-only-RPG-I've-ever-played neanderthals.
  6. Jul 19, 2012
    Marvelous! One of the best story in many many years!! It has minor defects, graphics seems to be outdated (but only a little) but THE STORY! Its a RPG - a long one, with many secrets and mysteries, with a very well written main storyline.. Simply Fantastic!
  7. Jan 3, 2013
    10/10 - I'm tired of studios that put more effort into the graphics than the actual game play, It was refreshing to find that someone did it the other way around. Though, the graphics aren't bad at all. It's gritty and has an atmosphere that other brutal games can only dream about.

The character creation, If compared to certain other RPG's is simple at best, But it's sufficient enough to tweak the standard classes you're presented with to your liking. I can't say that it's 100% worth its 40 Euro price tag, But if you manage to pick it up for less than 20 it's well worth your money.
  8. Jul 30, 2014
    In all honesty, this game is a solid 7/10 but alas I have to give a 10 thanks to idiotic the idiotic 0/10 reviews. This game has an awkward combat system that can be confusing to learn, but has an excellent story to tell once you get past that.
  9. Oct 14, 2014
    this game is rich in story and I love the gameplay, The combat system reminds me of dragon age the original style I truly hope to see more of this franchise in the gaming community.
  10. Aug 18, 2013
    This game was so suprisingly good that i decided to create a metacritic account!

To be honest, the combat system isnt that great, as others have said before its very similar to dragon age origins. But just as in DA:O, its not the combat that makes the game great, its the story. And the story of this game is by far the best i have ever seen in a videogame (the same goes for the two

And the story of this game is by far the best i have ever seen in a videogame (the same goes for the two characters, Mors and Alester).
    Seriously, it really feels like game of thrones. Once you have started playing you cant wait to see what happens next. The plot plays on another path (parallel to the original game ot thrones storyline) so it adds perfectly to the GoT universe rather than messing it up.

It took me 64 hours to complete the game, though i have to admit that i didnt rush through it and replayed a couple of scenes to see what happens when i make different choices.

I havent played the blood bound dlc yet, but i hope it will be on sale soon.

If you see game of thrones on sale and you like the books or tv series, buy it! You wont be disappointed.

10/10 for some great time with the most underrated game ever
  11. Sep 18, 2013
    truly, this is a great game. i love the excessive dialogues, the interesting story and its twists. i haven´t played such a great rpg in years now. so if you can overlook horrible graphics, clunky but challenging gameplay and the missing of comfort options, give it a try. you will not be disappointed.
  12. Nov 14, 2013
    Absurdly underrated (mainly because it is not fun for children). Most mature storyline in a PC game since witcher 1.

If you like the tv-series this is almost as good as you could hope for. The one drawback is the "tunnel" feeling you get and the other is the laughable avoidance of sex. But both does not really matter for the story is just that good.
  13. Feb 16, 2013
    First of all. This games something from your computer. On mine i can run it smooth while some have issues with loading times, graphics and so forth. Storywise this game does not disappoint. G.R.R Martin handwork is very visible and captured well into the game. Camera is ok, not bad for my taste but could use some improvement. Graphics in general are good, combat is wierd but once you getFirst of all. This games something from your computer. On mine i can run it smooth while some have issues with loading times, graphics and so forth. Storywise this game does not disappoint. G.R.R Martin handwork is very visible and captured well into the game. Camera is ok, not bad for my taste but could use some improvement. Graphics in general are good, combat is wierd but once you get used to it, it´s nice. Voice acting is in grey area. Not best work but certainly not bad either. You can regonize old characters. :)

All in all. This game is good and i judge it by the element it should be judged...Story. Sadly all hate towards this delayed me from getting it.
  14. Nov 20, 2012
    This is a great game, and I don't understand why the scores are so low. It's not perfect, but the storyline is great (not as good of the books of course), the gameplay is as it should be, the characters are either straight from the book or else made to fit well into the Game of Thrones world. Anyone who loves A Song of Fire and Ice will be sure to enjoy sinking into this creative world.This is a great game, and I don't understand why the scores are so low. It's not perfect, but the storyline is great (not as good of the books of course), the gameplay is as it should be, the characters are either straight from the book or else made to fit well into the Game of Thrones world. Anyone who loves A Song of Fire and Ice will be sure to enjoy sinking into this creative world. Game of Thrones + RPG = an amazing combination. I hope they make some more RPG styled, Song of Fire and Ice inspired games in the future, cuz anything of equal to better quality to this would satisfy my need for good pc gaming. Expand
  15. May 30, 2013
    This game is really underrated, the graphics and game mechanics are not so good, there are some issues with the camera and some textures are really awful.
    Yet the quests are not boring and the story is one of the best i have ever seen in a role playing game, i won't forget the characters i played in this awesome story.
  16. May 16, 2012
    This game have many little defect, graphics and animation are not awesome, sometime there is issues with the camera ... But I loved this game, the story is just awesome and it was real pleasure to play it. And the most important, you can play a Water Dancer.
  17. May 27, 2012
    You know what... i didn't even notice the dodgy graphics.. I was far too busy fully immersing myself in a fantastic story. As a fan of the TV show I was very excited to see the pre-story unfold.. and felt like i was a part of it. The fight mechanics are different to anything I have played before, but enjoyable. I think i played for about 10 hours yesterday.. and would have played longer ifYou know what... i didn't even notice the dodgy graphics.. I was far too busy fully immersing myself in a fantastic story. As a fan of the TV show I was very excited to see the pre-story unfold.. and felt like i was a part of it. The fight mechanics are different to anything I have played before, but enjoyable. I think i played for about 10 hours yesterday.. and would have played longer if time permitted. Probably better suited to a more mature gamer.. one that likes an involved story, and likes to make decisions that will effect the rest of the game as the story unravels. recommended definitely for G.O.T. fans. Expand
  18. Jun 3, 2012
    To find the greatest injustices of this year, look no further than the reviews of Cyanide's Game of Thrones. The game resembles its two protagonists great deal - a battered outer shell riddled with scars and blemishes of age hides a heart of gold that is easy to dismiss by a casual glance. The game is very much faithful to the IP - brutally difficult combat, difficult choices with noTo find the greatest injustices of this year, look no further than the reviews of Cyanide's Game of Thrones. The game resembles its two protagonists great deal - a battered outer shell riddled with scars and blemishes of age hides a heart of gold that is easy to dismiss by a casual glance. The game is very much faithful to the IP - brutally difficult combat, difficult choices with no obvious right or wrong and plot that manages to keep you on your toes.

In this game you can truly not trust the mainstream media or casual gamers. It is very much a game of the olden days, from times when you had to put up with some aesthetic limitations and face actual difficulty. I can very much see what puts off many people: slow start, brutally hard difficulty that provides little tutorial and the lack of polish.

If you can put the small annoyances aside, you'll be rewarded by a diverse character systems that enable multiple approaches, the rare feeling of true accomplishment as you defeat more difficult foes - and most importantly a story that very much resembles G.R.R. Martin on his better days.

If you've gone through some of the classic RPG's of the past decades and are not put off by mature themes and characters, you'll very much find this game a pleasant surprise. If you're looking for visual eye candy, mindless button mashing and infantile ego-boosting - steer away.
  19. Dec 30, 2013
    Easily among the most underrated games of the past few years. If it was based on a more modern graphics engine and was more polished in some aspects (animations, some rather amateurish voice acting) we would be talking about an absolutely classic RPG title. But even as it is, it is more than solid as an RPG (certainly more of an "RPG" than a lot other critically acclaimed titles of recentEasily among the most underrated games of the past few years. If it was based on a more modern graphics engine and was more polished in some aspects (animations, some rather amateurish voice acting) we would be talking about an absolutely classic RPG title. But even as it is, it is more than solid as an RPG (certainly more of an "RPG" than a lot other critically acclaimed titles of recent years) and a Must Buy for fans of GRRM's work. Expand
  20. Aug 28, 2013
    In all honesty, this game is one of the best RPG's I have played of late. Yes the graphics are dated and the combat is clunky, but it has a great story, with characters you care about and twists that are actually twists. Although strictly speaking it is not classified as cannon, it is still a very well written game. If you like the more Western approach to RPG's such as the Dragon AgeIn all honesty, this game is one of the best RPG's I have played of late. Yes the graphics are dated and the combat is clunky, but it has a great story, with characters you care about and twists that are actually twists. Although strictly speaking it is not classified as cannon, it is still a very well written game. If you like the more Western approach to RPG's such as the Dragon Age series, then do play this Expand
  21. Jun 8, 2014
    An RPG must be judged for its story first and afterwards for its game mechanics..This game's story rocks!

P.S. As the developers claim, Martin himself was behind the story this game!
  22. Jun 3, 2012

1. Aug 31, 2012
    Fans of the books and the series will be thrilled, as all the classic features are here: multi-faceted characters, schemes, betrayals, incest, twists and genuine anti-heroes that seek redemption desperately, but in vain. [July 2012]
  2. Jul 28, 2012
    If not for its poor technical execution, Game of Thrones would have taken its rightful place in the 80+ range.
  3. Jul 12, 2012
    Far from the RPG that Game of Thrones deserves, but still better than its components have the right to be. [Sept 2012, p.58]