7.9

1. Sep 4, 2010
    I really don't understand all the fuss about this game. The graphics were kind of nice I guess, but everything else was quite underwhelming. The game crashed several times while I was playing and then wiped all my progress. All in all I found the whole game quite a chore and very frustrating. I was glad to finish it, so that I would never have to play it again.
  2. Feb 10, 2013
    I cannot understand why people like this game. The story line is lackluster. The combat is repetitive with little variation. The only variation is with the enemies tactics. The AI team mates obviously have downsyndrome as they try to rush into enemy turrets and get instantly whacked. The weapons are pathetic. While having a chain sword attached to my gun is cool the mechanics behind itI cannot understand why people like this game. The story line is lackluster. The combat is repetitive with little variation. The only variation is with the enemies tactics. The AI team mates obviously have downsyndrome as they try to rush into enemy turrets and get instantly whacked. The weapons are pathetic. While having a chain sword attached to my gun is cool the mechanics behind it make it almost worthless. The body armor the characters wear is worthless and most assault rifles are the equivalent of a pellet gun to the enemies (campaign). They say use the shotgun, but a game that forces one to use a single weapon isn't worth ones time. Despite every ones 'glorious reviews' the game is simply a sub-par shooter that is not worth any ones time. You might like it, I think it is personally over-hyped, over glorified, and sub-par... Expand
  3. Jul 13, 2013
    I really expected better game from Epic Games. Story is really cheese and characters are a bit meh. If you expect game of UT 2004 quality you will be really disappointed.
  4. Aug 22, 2014
    M$ does make a good decision in further development of this franchise. Mediocre, repetitive, corridor and cover based TPS should be just left for the xbox console kiddie to enjoy. This is a kind of relief and salvation for the PC community. Disappearance of such kind of mindless TPS franchise in PC is a welcome move.

1. With upgraded graphics, exclusive campaign chapters and a handful of new multiplayer features (handled through Games for Windows Live), Gears of War is a very desirable shooter.
    While all the added content is damn good, ironically, the greatest gameplay addition to this PC port is also responsible for one of the bigger annoyances: the interface.
  3. Gears of War on the PC is still the same ground breaking game it was a year ago just now on the PC. The same innovative gameplay and breathtaking events are included along with five new campaign levels exclusive to the PC.