7.9

1. Nov 2, 2010
    An amazing game. Great idea, very nice atmosphere, also contains a lot of references and parodies. It starts so simple, yet grows harder later, the tasks also range from simple scare-them-all-away at the beginning to rather complex as the player advances in the game. Too bad that there are no plans to make a sequel as far as I know, it could use modern graphics and more missions.
  2. Mar 25, 2011
    Although it could have used a few more locations and levels, as well as being a little less puzzle intense towards the end it`s a great title. Well worth the budget price on Steam.
  3. May 30, 2012
    A great game! Fun, interesting, addictive. A sequel would be welcomed. Now they want more characters here.. hbafjlasfasffaawasfasfasfbsrejtdsrhsrhdsrhsrhshhrsrhvbres
  4. Aug 10, 2011
    The idea behind this game was good but the game itself became very repetitive and boring rather quickly. This is one of those games that would, in my opinion, only be worth picking up if it was in a 'bargain bin' and even then it's not really worth paying anything for.
  5. Nov 2, 2011
    This game just about manages to be an average game, the concept while not fully unique, does present it in a new way, ghosts rather than evil demons, or henchmen, but the game is plagued with clipping issues, aggravating camera angles, and humor which doesn't work. The puzzles demand a single mental path which can sometimes be impossible to detect, or so simple it will make you snort withThis game just about manages to be an average game, the concept while not fully unique, does present it in a new way, ghosts rather than evil demons, or henchmen, but the game is plagued with clipping issues, aggravating camera angles, and humor which doesn't work. The puzzles demand a single mental path which can sometimes be impossible to detect, or so simple it will make you snort with derision.
    Overall the game just seems like a waste of time, fun at the beginning but by the time I got to the end of the second act I was so bored I felt like I had been playing the game for three days solid, when I had been playing for half an hour.
    If you can get past the sometimes crazy logic, or find some of the rare gems in the game (like nearly every level taking its name or setting from a famous movie), you're still going to find what this game really is, a good concept with no expansion or alteration for the later levels. Get it if you are patient or have too much free time on your hands.
  6. Jul 2, 2012
    Not particularly awesome, the graphics are subpar, but the gameplay is fun enough to pass the time with and for spending less than two dollars on the game, I can't really complain. It was charming at first, but I quickly got bored with the game. I play it now and then just to see if it's better than I think...and the same happens, it's fun for a while but gets old. Not a bad game, someNot particularly awesome, the graphics are subpar, but the gameplay is fun enough to pass the time with and for spending less than two dollars on the game, I can't really complain. It was charming at first, but I quickly got bored with the game. I play it now and then just to see if it's better than I think...and the same happens, it's fun for a while but gets old. Not a bad game, some might enjoy it even more than I did, the ghost variety was neat. Expand
  7. Nov 13, 2013
    This really is indeed quite fun. Appeals to the practical joker in you as you set up a haunting and wait to see what happens, then adding extra bits and... oh, it really is a lot of fun, I don't want to spoil it.
  8. Nov 12, 2013
    I got this game really cheap in a steam sale, so right away, my expectations weren't super-high. Mostly I chose it because I've played so many games that now I'm just looking for unique and original experiences and boy did I get THAT with Ghost Master!

This has been absolutely one of my favorite video games in recent years. This is a strategy game where you're in charge of a team

This has been absolutely one of my favorite video games in recent years.

This is a strategy game where you're in charge of a team of ghosts, each with varying abilities. There are a variety of missions, but most boil down to: Scare these people away.

In each mission there are new ghosts that you absolutely SHOULD try to release. Once you find them, you can use their powers, which is helpful.

You have an energy meter that tells how many ghost-powers you can use at once, and in the beginning you have to balance between using a lot of small powers or using one big power. As you scare more people, you get more energy.

The trick is that often, to release trapped ghosts, you have to scare a few people just enough to bump up the energy meter WITHOUT scaring away the people you need who have to perform some task to free the ghost (like playing a piano, looking in a mirror, or turning on a water pump).

Later you have the opportunity to UPGRADE your ghosts' powers with new, often more powerful powers.

The game levels up nicely, with newer missions becoming increasingly challenging, and with the release requirements for some ghosts needing strategy. Later, there are people (such as witches) who have the power to banish your ghosts from the mission (for which you'll lose points, not to mention losing an important team-member for that mission).

This creates tension and requires you to keep an eye on your ghosts, protect them, use strategy, etc.

You can also REPLAY missions to go back and free ghosts you missed or just build up more energy you can use to buy new powers.

There's a LOT of replay value because you can go back later with different ghosts and try the scenario again using other tactics.

All in all, Ghost Master is a charming, inventive, intelligent and very original and unique game. Those looking for an action game will be disappointed, but people who like puzzles, tactical games and adventure games will certainly enjoy Ghost Master a lot.
  9. Aug 20, 2014
    If you're into sim games like Dungeon Keeper 1&2, Zoo Tycoon, or Evil Genius then you will love this adorable little gem of a game. It has a fun Goosebumps/Halloweentown-esque style, and the designers put a lot of effort into making the intricacies of the game easy to understand via the games intro tutorial. There's a decent amount of replay value, too due to your being able to go back andIf you're into sim games like Dungeon Keeper 1&2, Zoo Tycoon, or Evil Genius then you will love this adorable little gem of a game. It has a fun Goosebumps/Halloweentown-esque style, and the designers put a lot of effort into making the intricacies of the game easy to understand via the games intro tutorial. There's a decent amount of replay value, too due to your being able to go back and replay missions with the new ghosts you've earned thus making it possible to complete missions in entirely new ways. It's too bad we won't be seeing a sequel any time soon because this game deserves to be expanded on. Expand
  10. Aug 7, 2013
    A old game, but definantly fun and worth the small price. You play as the ghost master, commanding ghosts and going on missions to scare hapless mortals and rescue trapped ghosts, but the mortals are not without their defences. Beware of Mediums, Witches and the Ghost Breakers (cause clearly breakin' makes you feel good) who will hunt down your ghosts and attempt to exorcise them from theA old game, but definantly fun and worth the small price. You play as the ghost master, commanding ghosts and going on missions to scare hapless mortals and rescue trapped ghosts, but the mortals are not without their defences. Beware of Mediums, Witches and the Ghost Breakers (cause clearly breakin' makes you feel good) who will hunt down your ghosts and attempt to exorcise them from the haunting location.

This is a game I would love to see a sequal to as there are things that need a bit of altering to it with not much re-play value apart from attaining new powers by revisiting levels and scaring the wits out of people, which is always entertaining.
  11. May 22, 2014
    This game is my childhood. I was playing it when I was 6 years old. Ghost Master's my favourite game. My grandma bought it in the shop. When I saw it i was like: Ehhhh, what is this? After playing: OMG THANKS!!! I LOVE YOU!!! :)

1. Another great feature of this game is the mission varieties to mix up the action and the open-ended style of gameplay throughout a few Acts.
  2. Sick Puppies' Ghost Master has turned the whole horror genre on its head, though, and come up with an ingenious anti-mix of "The Sims" and "Beetlejuice"... An original and entertaining idea that has been excellently implemented.
  3. For all its ambition and the obvious effort put into creating a fun and somewhat original title, Ghost Master doesn't have a lot of life in it past the initial novelty of scaring the crap out of people.