Ghost Master PC

8.0

1. Stephen
    Oct 28, 2003
    Needs a nudity cheat or something.
  2. RobR.
    Dec 4, 2003
    Ghost Master was pretty fun for a couple hours, but the repetitive gameplay bored me after that. The environments are reminiscent of "The Sims" but overall somewhat bland, except for the ghosts' power animations, which are pretty cool. I had some serious framerate problems in crowded levels (such as the police station) despite my system's high specs, which made the game hard to Ghost Master was pretty fun for a couple hours, but the repetitive gameplay bored me after that. The environments are reminiscent of "The Sims" but overall somewhat bland, except for the ghosts' power animations, which are pretty cool. I had some serious framerate problems in crowded levels (such as the police station) despite my system's high specs, which made the game hard to control. Look for it in a bargain bin... Expand
  3. Nov 2, 2011
    This game just about manages to be an average game, the concept while not fully unique, does present it in a new way, ghosts rather than evil demons, or henchmen, but the game is plagued with clipping issues, aggravating camera angles, and humor which doesn't work. The puzzles demand a single mental path which can sometimes be impossible to detect, or so simple it will make you snort withThis game just about manages to be an average game, the concept while not fully unique, does present it in a new way, ghosts rather than evil demons, or henchmen, but the game is plagued with clipping issues, aggravating camera angles, and humor which doesn't work. The puzzles demand a single mental path which can sometimes be impossible to detect, or so simple it will make you snort with derision.
    Overall the game just seems like a waste of time, fun at the beginning but by the time I got to the end of the second act I was so bored I felt like I had been playing the game for three days solid, when I had been playing for half an hour.
    If you can get past the sometimes crazy logic, or find some of the rare gems in the game (like nearly every level taking its name or setting from a famous movie), you're still going to find what this game really is, a good concept with no expansion or alteration for the later levels. Get it if you are patient or have too much free time on your hands.
  4. Jul 2, 2012
    Not particularly awesome, the graphics are subpar, but the gameplay is fun enough to pass the time with and for spending less than two dollars on the game, I can't really complain. It was charming at first, but I quickly got bored with the game. I play it now and then just to see if it's better than I think...and the same happens, it's fun for a while but gets old. Not a bad game, someNot particularly awesome, the graphics are subpar, but the gameplay is fun enough to pass the time with and for spending less than two dollars on the game, I can't really complain. It was charming at first, but I quickly got bored with the game. I play it now and then just to see if it's better than I think...and the same happens, it's fun for a while but gets old. Not a bad game, some might enjoy it even more than I did, the ghost variety was neat. Expand
  5. Apr 6, 2017
    Very good idea, atmospheric (especially befitting the Halloween mood), good tutorial, and a smooth learning curve. However, with so much good going on in the game - there is no strategy, and the tactics are one-dimensional. For example, set your ghosts to scare, wait for 15 minutes, and the tenants will run away screaming. No strategy needed. But when the mission dictates a certainVery good idea, atmospheric (especially befitting the Halloween mood), good tutorial, and a smooth learning curve. However, with so much good going on in the game - there is no strategy, and the tactics are one-dimensional. For example, set your ghosts to scare, wait for 15 minutes, and the tenants will run away screaming. No strategy needed. But when the mission dictates a certain condition (such as "lead the police to the dead remains") - the game is completely random.

Very nice concept, comic scary mood, humorous - but did not age well - the UI is lacking.
    I wish they made a second part and polished the game.

1. Another great feature of this game is the mission varieties to mix up the action and the open-ended style of gameplay throughout a few Acts.
    Sick Puppies' Ghost Master has turned the whole horror genre on its head, though, and come up with an ingenious anti-mix of "The Sims" and "Beetlejuice"... An original and entertaining idea that has been excellently implemented.
  3. For all its ambition and the obvious effort put into creating a fun and somewhat original title, Ghost Master doesn't have a lot of life in it past the initial novelty of scaring the crap out of people.