Gish PC

7.1

1. RockyA.s
    Mar 6, 2008
    Innovative, fun, addictive, and somewhat disturbing. Gish is one of the most innovative platform games I ever played. Its not just like any Super Mario games or Megaman games. This game have a new twist on platform games, were you must use you body "Properties" to finish the scenario. Gish is a blob of tar that can stick on walls, slide through small spaces, increase his density to dive Innovative, fun, addictive, and somewhat disturbing. Gish is one of the most innovative platform games I ever played. Its not just like any Super Mario games or Megaman games. This game have a new twist on platform games, were you must use you body "Properties" to finish the scenario. Gish is a blob of tar that can stick on walls, slide through small spaces, increase his density to dive in water, and use his elasticity to jump higher. This game is Highly recommended for all those who like 2d platform games. Expand
  2. Dec 2, 2012
    I find that the controls can cause the gameplay to feel "grindy" sometimes, and that detracts from the overall experience. Still, after a couple of hours, I got used to the controls to a point where they were no longer a a very noticeable issue for me, and then almost all became enjoyment. Gish as a character is very charismatic. The gameplay, which was innovative back in 2004, still feelsI find that the controls can cause the gameplay to feel "grindy" sometimes, and that detracts from the overall experience. Still, after a couple of hours, I got used to the controls to a point where they were no longer a a very noticeable issue for me, and then almost all became enjoyment. Gish as a character is very charismatic. The gameplay, which was innovative back in 2004, still feels innovative now. The amount of content is also great, with the campaign, custom levels made by fans and the collection game mode. But yeah, it`s kind of a love it or hate it game, it s niche game, so be prepared for it. Expand
  3. ChristianK.
    Jan 15, 2008
    Very funny and intresting game. You should buy it !
  4. Kew
    Jan 28, 2010
    An amazing game who's only downfall is it's repetitiveness, but that is still no reason to not pick it up! The only bad reviews it has received seem to be due to people not being able to control it. Which is simply someone unable to master it. It is a tough game and if you can't get the hang of it you'll be left feeling your guy can't do a lot of things. (Which he An amazing game who's only downfall is it's repetitiveness, but that is still no reason to not pick it up! The only bad reviews it has received seem to be due to people not being able to control it. Which is simply someone unable to master it. It is a tough game and if you can't get the hang of it you'll be left feeling your guy can't do a lot of things. (Which he can you just have to be in anyway decent) Expand
  5. SomebodySpecial
    Oct 7, 2007
    This game is really remarkable. Firstly, I've never even considered the possibility of having a blob of liquid as the playable character. Secondly, applying rag doll physics to that blob along with the rest of the world is equally impressive. The game is very inventive, makes you think a little, is very challenging at times, has great music and has a spooky haloweenie sort of This game is really remarkable. Firstly, I've never even considered the possibility of having a blob of liquid as the playable character. Secondly, applying rag doll physics to that blob along with the rest of the world is equally impressive. The game is very inventive, makes you think a little, is very challenging at times, has great music and has a spooky haloweenie sort of atmosphere that I really enjoy! If you're looking for a game that is a little out of the ordinary, this is it. I guarantee you've never played a game like this before! Expand
  6. JW
    Aug 27, 2004
    Awesome game, superbly original... I only have some minor gripes with the controls... haha... you should get this game if you want innovative games.
  7. FelixP-C.
    Jul 23, 2007
    This is definately one of the best games i have ever played, if you havn't bought it already BUY IT NOW!
  8. ElijahY.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Innovative gameplay, creative character design and fun puzzle. But I would appreciate if the level can be more bright and colorful, but I understand that is somewhat restricted by the gameworld design (underground sewage...).
  9. MaartenV.
    Aug 11, 2008
    Takes some time to get used to the controls, but they are not hard at all. Overall this is neat little game, with nice physics and addictive gameplay.
  10. Madness
    Mar 28, 2006
    I adore this game. The physics are stunning, it truly feals like you are a blob of tar moving around. The lighting is also very well done. All in all the awesome creativity makes up for the small shortcomings.

My only real reservation with Gish is the simplicity of the gameplay and the fact that, despite the unique physical properties of the character it is still a 2D platform/puzzle game...But if you do like this style of game then Gish really is a superb piece of work, and the talented folk over at Chronologic will entertain you for a very reasonable sum of money.
  2. One of the most original games released this year, not to say ever, and it’s perfect for those breaks between two "UT2004" deatmatches.
  3. The graphics could use as much TLC as the physics received, the sound and music could be fleshed out, and the controls could use some tightening to work more organically.