6.5

1. Mar 10, 2012
    An excellent game! The latest *free* DLC pack seems to solve all the slow matchmaking issues that other reviewers seem to have had. I never have to wait more than 60 seconds for a game to start. The semi-class based gameplay works well. You can occasionally be surprised by what someone is carrying but the weapons are distinct enough in appearance and function that you can ascertain what to expect from opponent is capable of very quickly especially compared to a similar system in Brink. The gadgets used to modify your movement play brilliantly, giving you a lot of different options on how you want to approach combat. Weapons and gadgets unlock at a fair pace for this type of game during regular gameplay. Cosmetic items unlock more slowly. This doesn't really bother me too much as it gives you something to work toward. If you are the impatient type, you can pay $10 to unlock them all. People seem to be complaining about this, yet I regularly see people paying upward of $7.50 for a single hat in TF2. All in all, this is a well designed game that is more than deserving of you time. With continued support from the developers, this game just might replace TF2 as my multiplayer shooter of choice. Expand
  2. Mar 10, 2012
    The free patched/1st DLC version of this game (1 month after release) is a superb online FPS. The graphics and theme itself are a sight to behold. Audio is excellent, and the numerous voice options and personalities are a real treat. I love the humour that runs throughout this entire production, from the quirky gadgets to the outfits and funny lines spoken by the characters. The match making/joining process has been upgraded and now works flawlessly. There are plenty of matches that can be joined quickly and easily. The online community is large, and will only get larger. Gotham Impostors is a refreshingly original new intellectual property (IP). This is a AAA online multiplayer FPS that runs very smoothly, is fun to play, and makes you laugh. It is a very addictive game, and at just $15 USD, it's a real bargain. Expand
  3. Feb 8, 2012
    Super fun! played during the beta, as well as have it on steam now. totally worth the 15 bucks its worth. Short and to the point BUY! game play is refreshing. If CoD is getting a bit old for ya have a refreshing breath of air in this game. tons of customizing and there is nothing better then getting a a guy getting caught in your bear trap jumping around right before you take him down :) any who see you in the fight! Expand
  4. Feb 7, 2012
    This game is Awesome! I cant believe there are 1000 levels! I will try my hardest to achieve that level because I don't think this game will get old. This was a brilliant idea for a game; I just hope it will be supported throughout the year. This game deserves attention because it is a fantastic game 10/10
  5. Feb 8, 2012
    I love it. It's a mix between team fortress and a smarter call of duty. the amount of diversity through customization is awesome^^. 7 different body types or so. roller blades, gliding wings, grappling hooks and other crazy stuff fit in perfectly with the gameplay.
  6. Mar 9, 2012
    I am giving this game a 10 all these eggheads complaining about spending money. If your good at a game why would you need to pay for unlockables. You bunch of crying babies. Lets give everything away free, "right?" and not let anyone make money! fools, anyone that had anything bad to say about the game "I am glad you not playing" your missing out on the fun!! FUNNY BUNNY!
  7. Sep 1, 2012
    This game is a great game now that it is free and totally worth the download, it is quirky and fun i highly recommend it. DONT LISTEN TO THE OTHERS THIS GAME IS AWESOME. Do yourself a favour and get it!
  8. Mar 13, 2012
    The game was broken for a month, true. Since release the game works awesome, maybe a few balance issue's but beside that its great. 15$ is just cheap for the content you get. So far the 6 maps and 3 modes are enough for me to waste +100 hours (probably more) in this game, pretty sure they will add more maps soon. It does take a lot of elements from other games but the gameplay with the gadgets and support items make it an unique 6vs6 MP experience. I expected this game to feel cheap and to be crappy, I was totally wrong. So far i've already wasted 40 hours and i'm still enjoying every minute. Too bad for PC users it only works with matchmaking and you can't have a private lobby. Expand
  9. Feb 10, 2012
    This game is an absolute blast to play, mainly because of the humor and polish put into it. The matchmaking is a major downside, because it's so freaking slow, but when you get into the actual game it's just fun. A sleeper, really.

This game gets a six or seven due to the current matchmaking bug, but I'd give it a nine if that were fixed.
  10. Apr 28, 2012
    This game is a blast and so much fun to boot. You'll be in items, unlocks and customisation heaven before you know it. A FPS for people who don't like FPS.
  11. Feb 8, 2012
    I played this game during few hours. I wasn't on beta. I finded it so FUN! after few minutes, the game is yours. The fun is in your hands. So much of fun for $15...(sry for my english, not my native language...)
  12. Feb 10, 2012
    Ottimo gioco se ci si vuole divertire in modo veloce. Non ho notato nessun bug particolare, il gioco sembra andare liscio non scatta mai neanche quando ci si ritrova corpo a corpo. Unica pecca per il momento è il sistema di matchmaking che ci mette molto a trovare una partita. Le classi sono tutte molto divertenti e ti fanno cambiare lo stile di gioco. Si possono creare anche classi personalizzate e sbizzarrirsi come si vuole. Grafica eccellente molto pulita e brillante si fa solo un po di fatica nel vedere gli avversari a lungo raggio. Expand
  13. Mar 22, 2012
    This game is awesome don't listen to these reviews by people who played it before it was patched it is a very good game with tons of content and customizable features it was probably the best fifteen bucks I've spent in a while.
  14. Mar 30, 2012
    Tavu il roxx koi le jeu c trop lol ya pa a dire koi moi je kiff tro sa rasse le jeu lol vivement le 2 koi parceke deja le 1 il rosk loilol je kiff batemane
  15. Mar 30, 2012
    I created an account just so I could review this game! Honestly, I do not know where the harsh reviews are coming from. It just goes to show that a huge game like COD can get better reviews from critics then games that are actually good. It's quite absurd: can you say payed reviewers? First, this is the most fun I have ever had in a FPS. I own all the CODS, Halos, etc, and none of them are as fun as this! My friends and I have played this hours on end without boredom. The matchmaking wasn't the best at first, but it got much better over time, and it is pretty much flawless now. The gameplay is very fast paced and exciting. Far less sitting in corners like in COD. Overall, this game sets itself apart with it's gadgets, as they completely change the feel of the game. Dive bombing on people or flying around on roller skates offers a new, and far more interesting, play style to the game than COD or other popular FPS. I would highly recommend this game, as it is extremely entertaining and very inexpensive. Who would have thought I would have more fun on a $15 game more than all others.... Expand
  16. Mar 31, 2012
    very good game , very chip , a lot of maps and weapons to have a lot of fun with your friends . Game-play is good and what i like the most is the weird environment , it make the game so special .
  17. Apr 8, 2012
    Why should you buy this game?
    1. Customization of not only costume but also, guns. How can you customize your gun? 1. Color 2. Mod for type of things you put on gun. Aka, Penetration bullets, scopes, odor sensing, so on. 2. Making your own class in the game, ranging from ninjas to bazooka wielding heavy guys.
    3. Pure ownage with your friends or against your friends. You are randomly
    matched up, so there's no hate amongst your friends if you go against them.
    4. You like batman? You want to take on villians? No gadgets? No problems. Play this game, instead of batarangs you get guns.
    5. Like owning with your friends? Friend match ups about 97% win rate for me and my friend.

Why you shouldn't get this game?
    1. You don't like FPS? Don't get it. Don't even think about it. Cause you'll just rage.
    2. Like shooting games that are super realistic? Not for you. 3. Don't like learning curves? Don't get it.
  18. Apr 10, 2012
    I absolutely love this game! It is just hilarious, and i really don't know why people are hating on this game. Well sure, it was an absolute mess on release, honestly, it took you hours to get onto a matchmaking, and then people kept on dropping out because of connection problems, but now it is completely fixed. But it is a shame that not many people are playing on it, for example, I end up finding my self playing against people multiple times when a leave a lobby, Honestly, i think, if this game had more attention, it could be a POSSIBLE TF2 killer. The only thing that bothered me is Games for Windows Live, and we all know that Games for Windows Live is a pain in the arse. Honestly, it is well worth the price so pick it up today on Steam or any other DDP (Digital Distribution Platform). Expand
  19. Apr 24, 2012
    Gotham City Impostors was around for quite some time and i hesitated buying it until now. First thing i heard was that the matchmaking is broken and that was one of the most important reasons for me to not buy this game.
    Anyways the matchmaking has been fixed so i decided to take a look. And I must say that Gotham City Impostors got me. The Style and the weapons are pretty much unique and
    due to the gadgets which for most parts boost your mobility, this game is one of the most wicked and most funny shooter experience i had in years. Even though it is often compared to Call of Duty i would really prefer Gotham City Impostors because of the simple fact that it does not take this whole shooter-thing too serious. CoD always has this attitude, that it is resembling modern days military fps, on the contrary GCI is all about having some wicked fun. I do recommend this game if you are in search of an arcade-style action-fps. And with many many many unlocks, which are quite balanced. That means u can play versus players who have a level advantage of 100 but you will still be able to kill them.
    So far GCI really made a good impression on my side and is recommended to all fans of fun-based action-fps.
  20. Jul 5, 2012
    The great thing about this game is that it allows you to play it the way you want. If you feel like being a rocket flailing tank, you can. Very few games seem to understand that people want to have fun, and Gotham City Impostors is a fine example of that. The graphics are nothing special, but they fit the gameplay well. The maps seem perfectly sized for the type of action, and they all have areas where every weapon is practical.

The only problem I found was the poor matchmaking. On the PC version, the only gamemode that you can (almost) ever find a match in is Team Deathmatch, and quite often, there's only about one match running. Some of the weapons seem slightly unbalanced, but anything has potential with a bit of practice. Essentially, it is a $15 game, and it delivers to that standard and beyond.
  21. Jul 15, 2012
    I could not be happier with my purchase. The servers can be a slight problem but I am hooked up directly to my modem in NAT1 and have next to zero issues finding games, though there is a low player count that the recent steam sales have helped by bundling the entire batman series for cheap.

The graphics on max with forced 8xMSAA run very well on my 560ti and hold a constant 60fps. It
    isn't Crysis but it is a decetn looking game and oh so much better looking than the blurry and jaggy console versions. Just turn the in game FSAA off. This game has a lot of creativity for an FPS. Think Timesplitters and Team Fortress and some old fashioned COD type dm from older days mixed in with some wild gadgets and weaponry. There is actually a gun that fires a parrot and there are many gadgets like rollerskates and gliders to use. Too many different styles of play to list. You run into some wild variations. I prefer using my own PS3 pad and using the Huntsman rifle with its semi-auto tap fire. The LMG might be a little OP and I have noticed that on the PC end, even though I game with my PS3 pad and xpadder/motioninjoy, the snipers are MUCH better LOL.

Anyway, I cannot recommend this game enough. I got for what is basically 5 dollars and I cannot put it down despite all kinds of great single player games to play. Something very addicting to it. If you have some change lying around pick it up. Leveling is easy just find a good combo and go with it. A decent amount of maps though I do wish there were more.

6v6 is about the right amount for a game like this. Buy it!
  22. Jul 22, 2012
    Sehr Spaßiger Multiplayer Ego - Shooter :)
  23. Nov 7, 2012
    Seriously? I love this game, it just feels good playing it, it even helped me out of a depression (sad or good huh?) with it's hillarious style, weapons, gadgets just everything is great, so many unlocks to keep ya going, a very fair "Item Shop" around a (in my opinion) tripple A title is just GRAND EPIC! Imo just download it and give it a try on Steam, you got nothing to lose, it's free to play guys! Expand
  24. Oct 1, 2014
    This game is awesome. Fresh and funny. Many say that it is a CoD copy, but is that bad? I guess not. Graphic style is great, funny weapons and gadgets work perfectly. Awesome audio effects and voiceovers.

It's only problem are not servers - it is hosted by players, and if they do not set up connection speed properly, game will be lagged. About performance issues: any PC not older than
    2-3 years old will be fine. It is F2P now, but DLC's are not required at all. It is not Pay 2 win. Also leveling system is not like Call of Duty or Battlefield - right from the start you can use powerful loadouts (not like you are getting better gun later, because you cannot operate it or what? Great way of keeping people with game).

Biggest problem, though, are new players (!). Accusations of hacking are normal on PC, as gap between new and experienced players can really be huge. Unbalanced teams happen only in first match, then it works pretty well.
    Next thing: matchmaking: right now it never takes more than 30 seconds to join a match (unless you live in Antarctica).

Many reviews here are pretty old, so try this game, especially when you are somewhat experienced in online competitive shooters.

1. May 10, 2012
    A lot of Modern Warfare, a bit of Bioshock 2 and a pinch of Team Fortress 2. It's a pity that Impostors does not share Battlefield Heroes' business model – free download and microtransactions. [June 2012, p.65]
  2. Apr 28, 2012
    Gotham City Imposters is nothing more than a simple first person shooter, that mainly has an interesting levelsystem and a large number of weapons, gear and special items to unlock. The absurd style that mocks the Batman-universe is entertaining, but doesn't make the average gameplay more interesting.
  3. Apr 12, 2012
    We found matches to be a little hectic, with very little teamwork going on. [May 2012, p.75]