Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods PC

3.9

1. Jul 8, 2011
    I actually really liked it in its present state now that it's been patched a lot. Freeing Orc held towns is great fun. It's also huge (probably where they went wrong in being too ambitious). Still got a lot of bugs but I could get round them. Certainly gave me a lot of fun for a long time.
  2. Aug 24, 2013
    There is very little that needs to be said about this. IT DOESN"T WORK. I bought this in late 2012. Installed it and tried to play. Couldn't so anything and it CRASHED. So four years after release the developers never fixed this garbage, but Steam still sells it. This is not a game, its a FRAUD! AVOID at all costs! May I remind you that 5/10 in my present scale is truly a 0/10 according toThere is very little that needs to be said about this. IT DOESN"T WORK. I bought this in late 2012. Installed it and tried to play. Couldn't so anything and it CRASHED. So four years after release the developers never fixed this garbage, but Steam still sells it. This is not a game, its a FRAUD! AVOID at all costs! May I remind you that 5/10 in my present scale is truly a 0/10 according to standard reckoning. Even respect for the process of game design cannot extend when a game is as fundamentally broken as this.

3. Dec 24, 2013
    Very similar play to Gothic 3 (no surprise). Game save/load times are greatly decresed from Gothic 3. However, there are gamebreaking bugs (such as certain characters being absent from their designated areas) that can occur even at the beginning, yet won't be know until being hours into the game. For my example I was missing Gorn. The only preventative measure to this issue is to literallyVery similar play to Gothic 3 (no surprise). Game save/load times are greatly decresed from Gothic 3. However, there are gamebreaking bugs (such as certain characters being absent from their designated areas) that can occur even at the beginning, yet won't be know until being hours into the game. For my example I was missing Gorn. The only preventative measure to this issue is to literally run to every city and check if all the required main questline characters are there, and this is time consuming/challenging at best. The game would range around an 8 for overall playability for me, but given that the missing character issue ruined 40+ hours of game time (I like to take my time and do all the available quests in each area. Plus I restarted the game a 2nd time to start over and did it again in a streamlined way before I discovered the character was missing and I just hadn't done something wrong (I try to play w/o guides and hints when I play). The issue was actually bad enough I couldn't complete the game (and kept reappearing despite repeated installs) so the score is halved. Collapse

This title is outright disastrous. It was obviously released without thorough or perhaps any testing. The game is rife with design and performance problems and ultimately is unplayable.
    And in the process of keeping it real, I have to comment on Forsaken Gods' combat system, which is -- without a doubt -- the worst I've ever encountered in a game.
  3. Gamers.at
    A downright frightening army of bugs both scares away any potential fan of Gothic and eliminates any fun that could have been had with the game. [Issue#17]