• Publisher: Aspyr
  • Release Date: Nov 14, 2006
7.0

1. Apr 19, 2012
    This game has been a huge disappointment. I've been waiting for it for so long after beating Gothic 2... Just to receive a game that overwhelmed it's creators... The world is huge, filled with boring side quests. The fighting is just terrible.. All we have to do is clicking the mouse button...90% of the time we'll end up hitting the opponent as other enemies just stare, until they get positioned close enough to be able to hit us. AI is simply terrible. Main story also wasn't entertaining at all. The music is nice, I must admit, and the graphics are pretty decent as well. The game is glitched like hell but this can be fixed with newest patch, thankfully. But even after that the game is not really enjoyable. Oh, and also, the game expects you to fight with whole cities/camps, which is just amusing because of how poor our enemies' AI is. Overall, it just doesn't have the atmosphere that Gothic 1 and 2 held. I'd maybe enjoy G3 if it had the same mechanics as G2... Pros: -Uh, graphics and music I guess...? -Huge open world... Which looks nice but isn't really interesting to explore. Cons: -Pretty much everything else. Expand
  2. Jan 31, 2012
    Technical issues may be on my end, but they are still technical issues. It doesn't help that the combat truly is hardcore. I don't understand the appeal at all and honestly, I couldnt spend more then 3 hours with it. Buy if it's like 5$, not more.
  3. Nov 24, 2013
    Huge amount of content, massives lands to explore, decent ranged magic and bow mechanics, poor healing system and very broken melee mechanics. Tried multiple replays never ever beat the game. I think the problem is that is an ok game (with the CP v1.75 without its just poor) that just sucks up too much game time for what little fun it has to offer overall.
  4. Aug 28, 2010
    What a waste of money. This game is no where close to as good as Oblivion. The controls suck, the interface is horrid, is just plain bad! Even at $20 for the game that is a rip off, maybe worth $5.
  5. Sep 6, 2011
    Dont buy this game ! its a game with 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 different bugs ! i was playing it for 9 hours and i was keep telling to my self to try to play it maybe its worth it but.... there is no way u can play it without having tons bugs ! even from the start i try to install it again but again the same problems i was waiting for an update nothing.... if u want to play a game like this buy two worlds its better but its not awesome either Expand
  6. Nov 13, 2013
    Remember that scene in the simpsons where the guy trades the last ribwich for a car then says, "I have-a the buyers remorse". That's pretty much how I feel right now.

1. The game manages to blend just the right amounts of combat, NPC interaction, character development, exploration, and epic save-the-world storytelling into the sort of potion that your typical beardie will gulp down with wild-eyed abandon. [Dec 2006, p.94]
  2. At times gorgeous, at other times frustrating, it's worth persevering with just to bask in its snug atmosphere.
  3. Ditch your standards and enjoy shaping a mediocre world to your will. [Dec 2006, p.105]