9.2

1. Oct 15, 2011
    buy or die. you must get this old game that would probably be the best old pc game ever, and best non valve pc game. get it however possible...

97%
  2. Nov 15, 2011
    Probably my favorite game of all time. Great story and characters. I cant believe its 13 years old now. I really hope they make a sequel. Probably wont happen though.
  3. Nov 15, 2011
    A true classic in every way. Just installed the game again after having not played in over 10 years and it still feels like new. This, along with Day of the Tentacle and Sam and Max, will never grow old.
  4. May 29, 2012
    The Best of the Best. Soundtrack is beyond above average. The story line and twists are far beyond the imagination of the motion picture industry. As the story continues you start to fall in love with the characters and this transforms this tricky and challenging game into a rewarding journey. There is a great demand for a sequel.
  5. Oct 30, 2012
    One of the greatest PC games of all time, this game does not age and I mean it, I am just telling you to go and play Grim Fandango and witness its amazing Story, Soundtrack and Atmosphere, the characters are memorable and the voice acting is great, this game contains Tim Schafers amazing witty humor and some good puzzles, 2d lovers get over it please, Monkey Island and DOTT are myOne of the greatest PC games of all time, this game does not age and I mean it, I am just telling you to go and play Grim Fandango and witness its amazing Story, Soundtrack and Atmosphere, the characters are memorable and the voice acting is great, this game contains Tim Schafers amazing witty humor and some good puzzles, 2d lovers get over it please, Monkey Island and DOTT are my favorite games and I will put Grim Fandango up there with them, this is a great game and still has the adventure feel to it. Get ResidualVM and play this game now Expand
  6. Dec 26, 2010
    12 years old and i still enjoy playing this game. Probably one of the best lucas arts games of all time. A sequel would be legendary. A definite must have for any pc gamer.
  7. Aug 29, 2011
    Virtually all LucasArts Games at the time this title was released are amazing. Grim Fandango is no exception. Incredibly creative, funny and challenging. It creates its own atmosphere and you miss it as badly as you miss playing the game itself. A work of art!
  8. Jan 30, 2012
    Забавно смотреть - одни олдскульщики. Нет малолеток - нет низкихЗабавно смотреть - одни олдскульщики. Нет малолеток - нет низких оценок. Expand
  9. Nov 22, 2012
    This is, without a doubt, and as other reviewers have stated already, one of the greatest games ever made. It left an impression on me in a way that very few games ever had before, or have since. I have replayed it countless times. The plot is nebulous, compelling and exquisitely woven. The art style and aesthetics are beautiful, and fit perfectly in every scene, as does the musical score.This is, without a doubt, and as other reviewers have stated already, one of the greatest games ever made. It left an impression on me in a way that very few games ever had before, or have since. I have replayed it countless times. The plot is nebulous, compelling and exquisitely woven. The art style and aesthetics are beautiful, and fit perfectly in every scene, as does the musical score.
    Look for critical reviews (from a time when they actually meant something) for a more in depth look at this game. For my own part, all I will say is that anyone who has not played this game is missing out on one of the greatest gaming and storytelling experiences I have ever had.
  10. Jan 28, 2014
    I could detail the premise, of how this is about Manny and his journey through the land of the dead, but I don't want to unveil any spoilers whatsoever. Simply put, this game is just... sensational.

I can't write enough superlatives for it. It's timeless too - every bit as enjoyable to play in 2014 as it was upon release. No game has come close to being as atmospheric, as complete an experience since. The definitive title in a golden age of PC gaming. It took the foundations laid by the exceptional Monkey Island series and expanded on it to create a storytelling experience that is as close to faultless as gaming can get. The art style is sublime and perfectly pulled off, utterly timeless, and the ambient soundtrack is as good as anything you can imagine. The whole thing is just seamless, a work of absolute genius from a very talented game studio. You are pulled into the world from the onset and it doesn't let you go.

The puzzles are excellent, if sometimes a bit contrived but not overly so as to detract from the gaming experience. Everything is logical without being too easy, whilst managing to be challenging yet not impossible. The sole issue with the title is that you look at all other games in an unfavourable light next to it. As in it can ruin gaming for you in the long term, as you end up using it as the benchmark for everything else. An insanely, impossibly high benchmark.

Make no mistake, this is the quintessential PC gaming experience. You owe it to yourself to pick this game up. The hype doesn't do it justice. Just... get it, seriously. Make it work on a modern system, do whatever you can to invest your time into it. It's a life changing title, one of the greatest of all time and I wouldn't argue with anyone who calls it the single greatest game ever made. So good, that no other point and click adventure could measure up to it afterwards. So good, that at certain times you can't help but actually applaud it. I mean physically clap. Incredible.

If you've ever played a FPS and thought, "is there something a bit more to gaming than this?"... well, here's your answer. Please, please, please play this game.
  11. Jul 1, 2012
    One of the most amusing games I've ever played on PC. It's a creative adventure game heavily influenced by classic noir films and the Mexican "Day of the Dead" traditions. It's packed with intermittent dark humor. As a kid I mostly played games on my brother's old NES, SNES or Genesis, or my PS1 or N64. This was one of the first games I really enjoyed on a computer and for that, and forOne of the most amusing games I've ever played on PC. It's a creative adventure game heavily influenced by classic noir films and the Mexican "Day of the Dead" traditions. It's packed with intermittent dark humor. As a kid I mostly played games on my brother's old NES, SNES or Genesis, or my PS1 or N64. This was one of the first games I really enjoyed on a computer and for that, and for its own merits as a well crafted video game, Grim Fandango will always have a spot in my heart. -Warning. I've not played this game in about ten years, I have no idea if it has aged well or not. Expand
  12. Aug 20, 2014
    This game has everything. I can safely say this is my favorite game of all time. It's got a fantastic ambiance, unforgettable music, compelling, funny and witty characters, excellent writing, superb voice acting, a perfect story, hard puzzles, a very lenghty "campaign" (I guess that's what kids would call it these days), tongue in cheek references to noir movies, the Dia De Los MuertosThis game has everything. I can safely say this is my favorite game of all time. It's got a fantastic ambiance, unforgettable music, compelling, funny and witty characters, excellent writing, superb voice acting, a perfect story, hard puzzles, a very lenghty "campaign" (I guess that's what kids would call it these days), tongue in cheek references to noir movies, the Dia De Los Muertos tradition and other Lucas Arts games.

This game was everything that used to be exciting and great about the video games industry. The pinnacle of the point and click andventures. Even with its clunky controls and out dated graphics, this is still the funniest, greatest game I have played until today.
  13. Mar 12, 2013
    One of the best graphical adventures as well as Monkey Island and The Longest Journey! The plot is amazing, you will love the characters and the ambience is great
  14. Aug 19, 2013
    Immersive and hopelessly addictive. This left an indelible mark on my teenage years. This game is in my hall of fame, along with Myst and the Curse of Monkey Island.
  15. Oct 9, 2013
    Easily in my top 3 adventure games of all time. Clever puzzles, great atmosphere, dialogues, dark humor and an amazing soundtrack. There is no way you won't like it. It's a masterpiece.
  16. Jan 29, 2014
    Absolutely awesome and classic quest with perfect storyline and interesting characters.It is the Land of the Dead,old jazz country with weird creatures.Let's see what present will you have after your death!
  17. Feb 20, 2015
    This game is Tim Burton's Batman. This game is Da Vinci's Mona Lisa. This game is Tim Schafer's magnum opus. The king of adventure games. There is a remastered version out now - in case you've missed this gem.
  18. Jun 12, 2014
    Grim Fandango is simply the best graphic adventure game ever created, along with Monkey Island I & II. Awesome setting, well written characters, challenging enigmas. It never got the popularity it deserves, but I can assure it's a masterpiece.
  19. Sep 6, 2014
    I remember a long time ago buying a gaming magazine that came with a demo CD, on this CD there was only one demo that I really liked and had to finish many times over and it was called Grim Fandango. I immediately went and bought the retail version as soon as it was available in stores near me. I don’t know how many hours I must have played this game over the years but the original retailI remember a long time ago buying a gaming magazine that came with a demo CD, on this CD there was only one demo that I really liked and had to finish many times over and it was called Grim Fandango. I immediately went and bought the retail version as soon as it was available in stores near me. I don’t know how many hours I must have played this game over the years but the original retail is now scratched and in non-playable state, it has been used in so many computers and different CD/DVD-drives over the years that it’s pure miracle that the CDs worked so long as they did. The noir feeling and voice acting is done so well that you simply must play this to believe it. Keep in mind that this game is old now but has aged reasonably well and if you are still able to get a copy of it somewhere I would say you won’t be disappointed if you like the genre. This is one of those rare jewels that you find once in a decade or two. The characters feel ‘alive’ or ‘dead’ depending how you look at things, they are done so well and the story is absolutely captivating so you want to continue and get to the next place where it takes you. I just wish there was more of games like this and there would be as much attention to details today as there was back in the day. There is now a real possibility that this game will be re-mastered to some platforms later on near future and if this is true I will be one of the old fans that definitely will buy this one again. Expand
  20. Oct 16, 2014
    If you only buy one PC adventure game, strike that, one PC game, no one electronic game period, this should be it. There is no other game which so clearly excelled in use of structure, interface, music, 2d art direction, voice talent, scripting at both character and plot levels to create an imaginative world which is once familiar and accessible, and at the same time thought provoking andIf you only buy one PC adventure game, strike that, one PC game, no one electronic game period, this should be it. There is no other game which so clearly excelled in use of structure, interface, music, 2d art direction, voice talent, scripting at both character and plot levels to create an imaginative world which is once familiar and accessible, and at the same time thought provoking and full of humor. No tired old sword and sorcery rehash here. This is the ONLY video game that has achieved the level of fine art in all respects. An unforgettable experience. Forget all others: LucasArts had a complete failure of nerve due to this game: it went over its initial market audiences' head. This is the only game on any top gamers list that is commendable for actual grownup adult play. Expand
  21. Dec 16, 2014
    Potentially even better than the famed Monkey Island games. Although they made this genre famous by bringing it to the masses, in hindsight, this game represents their pinnacle to me. The ultimate product of their golden age. This game is a film noir styled game which touched me much like watching a very good movie, or reading a good book. It lingered for a long time within me even after IPotentially even better than the famed Monkey Island games. Although they made this genre famous by bringing it to the masses, in hindsight, this game represents their pinnacle to me. The ultimate product of their golden age. This game is a film noir styled game which touched me much like watching a very good movie, or reading a good book. It lingered for a long time within me even after I had finished it. It finds beauty and comedy in themes that are traditionally not beautiful nor funny. That it stands without a sequel is somehow illustrative of the kind of game it is: there can be no two highest pinnacles, only one. Expand

1. The large cast of characters is unforgettable. Although for the most part they are skeletons in 40s garb, with mask-like faces that can be attributed to Day of the Dead festivities, their personalities render them as distinct and memorable as members of an extremely diverse cast from any fine film.
    Hands down the best adventure game we've ever seen...You'll love Grim Fandango's incredible art, storyline and character development.
  3. Quite possibly one of the top five adventures of all time, and certainly in the Top Ten. The style, atmosphere, wit, creativity and inventiveness are what makes Grim Fandango remarkable.