• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Aug 28, 2012
7.9

1. Sep 29, 2013
    This is the first review i have ever written for a game having read many to help me decide upon whether a game is worth purchasing. GW2 offers fun game play has a great payment model and offers great value for money. However after not playing for several months I have returned to find that my account has been deleted due to accusations of altering game files. I have no way now ofThis is the first review i have ever written for a game having read many to help me decide upon whether a game is worth purchasing. GW2 offers fun game play has a great payment model and offers great value for money. However after not playing for several months I have returned to find that my account has been deleted due to accusations of altering game files. I have no way now of contacting support regarding this and find that I am unable to even find out when this apparently took place. I will not be purchasing any future games by Arena Net.

Use caution when purchasing any of their products as they will not inform you of the ban or reasons for it.
  2. Nov 21, 2013
    In my opinion, this is the best MMORPG ever. Better than the first Guild Wars, better than WoW and better than Lineage. Awesome graphics (artistic style), fantastic world, interesting story, balanced PvP, awesome soundtrack, good gameplay, monthly events, no monthly fee and more!
  3. Nov 27, 2013
    Best mmorpg out there to date. Graphics are stellar the gameplay is smooth and entertaining the old boring questing system is done. There is 0 reasons to pay monthly for a game when something like this is out there.
  4. Mar 12, 2014
    GW2...bought it because of all the hype, all the adverts and reviews. Well, once again disappointed. Feel as though people rant and rave about this mmo for some hidden agenda or reason. I bought it and played it for awhile. Then after a few months hiatus I thought my interest or viewpoint would be renewed so I returned and lo and behold; Nope....It just feels generic and the visuals areGW2...bought it because of all the hype, all the adverts and reviews. Well, once again disappointed. Feel as though people rant and rave about this mmo for some hidden agenda or reason. I bought it and played it for awhile. Then after a few months hiatus I thought my interest or viewpoint would be renewed so I returned and lo and behold; Nope....It just feels generic and the visuals are hollow and flat.

The music is great though and the character creation and classes are unique enough to warrant a small bit of interest, but beyond that it seems bland. The dialogue is atrocious and does nothing to move the story. Most of the time I was just clicking "next" or "skip" really fast. Overall Guild wars 2 is sorely lacking and unfortunately most games published in markets outside Europe and America are sorely lacking in the development department...they always seem "aloof" or "floaty" for some odd reason. No offense to any, but it's to much of a fact to be disregarded or dismissed.
  5. Nov 5, 2014
    Guild Wars 2 was on a good way when it was released. The developers did many things right and all it would have taken was a little fixing to make the game the milestone of MMOs they wanted it to be. Graphics are nice. Controls are the best of any MMO, the combat is super fluid and feels great. The story is pretty dull and the way the NPCs act feels childish and unrealistic, but that is theGuild Wars 2 was on a good way when it was released. The developers did many things right and all it would have taken was a little fixing to make the game the milestone of MMOs they wanted it to be. Graphics are nice. Controls are the best of any MMO, the combat is super fluid and feels great. The story is pretty dull and the way the NPCs act feels childish and unrealistic, but that is the world of Guild Wars and the story is still better than in most other MMOs (and Twilight), so I can't really fault the game for that. The game has great world vs world battles between the servers that draw in many players. Most things were good and the ones that weren't could have easily been fixed.

Two years later, the game is a mess. Anet are cashing out, milking the players for their money. They are so desperate to make players buy stuff from the ingame store, there are even many gameplay changes to promote buying items for money. There are a lot of ways to increase your storage and they make sure you need to do just that. Where you needed 20 of a collectible item before, you now need 200, so storage requirements grow tenfold. Yes, you can get along without buying the upgrades or you can use ingame gold to buy them, but it's way too much effort and at this point not having any of the upgrades really has a negative impact on the game.

The other critical flaw is the ingame economy. Inflation for gems, the currency that lets you exchange real money for ingame money and is used to buy items from the store, often rises by as much as 10% per month. That means players who were there from the beginning and invested in gems can easily afford anything they could ever want, while new players are completely screwed, because of the increasing prices. While the upgrades from the store took a few hours to farm in the beginning, it now takes days or even weeks and it's impossible to catch up to players who have been there since the beginning - unless you spend money.

While they did all this, they completely failed to adress other important problems the game has and even when they try, it seems like they're just making it worse. World vs world for example has seen some patches to balance the servers, but all the patches just give servers with more players an even bigger advantage, which leads to players all joining a few zerg servers and abandoning servers with a lower population.
    There have been great suggestions from the community, too, but they have been ignored. Anet seems to only ever listen to the community when they see a way to increase their bottom line.

tldr: Game was completely screwed by Anet's greed and inability to fix the problems.
  6. Jan 17, 2014
    Guild Wars 2 is the MMO that has been awaited for years. With an enormous amount of content, diverse quests, and an overall enhancing experience, Guild Wars 2 is a spectacle. The personal story is only average, but it isn't what the game is about. This MMO is a milestone for the genre; an achievement for the year, if not the decade.
  7. Mar 16, 2014
    I will start off by saying that I have put in well over 500 hours of game play in Guild Wars 2!
    This is overall an excellent game!
    The combat system in the game is excellent with the combat dodges, weapon based abilities and combo abilities! The first time going through the game and leveling up is the most fun you will ever have in an MMO, there is 0 grind involved in leveling up in
    This is overall an excellent game!
    The first time going through the game and leveling up is the most fun you will ever have in an MMO, there is 0 grind involved in leveling up in fact, if you choose not to do the quests in the mainland you can choose to level up by playing the world Vs word if it more suits your style.
    Each dungeon in the game is very fun and different from one another with multiple paths, a story mode and unique boss fights!
    Also, there is a PvP arena which uses seperate gear from the mainand. You unlock new weapon skins and finishers by leveling up here, which gives a great incentive for many players to participate.

However, I do remove 1 point from a perfect 10/10 score for three reasons.

1. There is not much to do in the "endgame" once you have acquired the best gear in the game
    2. The content added to the game does not interest me much. A good majority of the content is called "living story" which is basically just a one time boss fight, which usually has it's bugs on release and generally ruins the overall experience of the content.
    3. The World vs World PvP in this game, despite being an amazing experience for the first few weeks you play the game, can get boring rather quickly because of the concept. This is largely due to the way that it is played, which is zerg vs zerg combat and the bigger zerg wins.
  8. Feb 24, 2014
    Even though I no longer play Guild Wars 2, I still think it probably is the best MMORPG currently on the market. The developers got many things very much right and some of the mechanics are spot on. I spent very long time in this game, levelled one character to the max. level and explored a significant part of the world. The graphics look very nice, the combat system is extraordinarilyEven though I no longer play Guild Wars 2, I still think it probably is the best MMORPG currently on the market. The developers got many things very much right and some of the mechanics are spot on. I spent very long time in this game, levelled one character to the max. level and explored a significant part of the world. The graphics look very nice, the combat system is extraordinarily good for an MMO, crafting works pretty well, exploration is by far the best in the MMO genre and there is even a decent story telling. There is no monthly fee, yet the game is updated quite often. The atmosphere is mostly fine. If you play as a human that is. The other races have far less immersive setting in the starting areas. Some of the class quest suffered of bugs after release. Overall however, this game is outstandingly good. Expand
  9. Sep 19, 2014
    Most reviews here are 2 years old.

Now, two years later, the game is exactly the same as it was back then. NO new maps, NO new dungeons, NO new professions/weapons or skills. During two 'feature packs', the game has undergone significant changes to the leveling process, mainly trait acquisition and level progression. There has been an uproar in the community ever since, and nothing
    Most reviews here are 2 years old.

During two 'feature packs', the game has undergone significant changes to the leveling process, mainly trait acquisition and level progression. There has been an uproar in the community ever since, and nothing was done about it.

Granted, this game was nice at first. But even then, being a MMO player, I've seen the flaws many haven't: it had lots of bugs, problems with build diversity, problems with PVP (only ONE mode and four maps, even after two years?!).

Now, however, the game is worthless. With bad sound engineering, clunky mechanics (ever tried using a cannon or trebuchet?) and poorly-designed PVE, this game has gone nowhere. I am sorry, but I truly believe this overhyped game doesn't deserve more than a 0 right now.
  10. Dec 5, 2012
    A fantastic and fresh take on MMO's, most notably due to the unique combat system and PVP activities. The game, however, lacks engaging end-game content. Musically and graphically the game is fantastic. The story is generic though, and not very memorable. I had a blast playing this game for about a month, well worth the price, and hey, ITS FREE TO PLAY!
  11. Oct 5, 2012
    Like many of you I have been disappointed by so many games over the years but I decided to get Guildwars 2 yesterday and it is awesome!
    I am a MMO fan and have enjoyed playing such games as WOW, SW:TOR, Everquest 2, Rift and Tera but I have to say Guildwars 2 blows them away. There is so much to do and see. Believe the hype!
  12. Nov 6, 2012
    Certainly the best MMO launch of 2012. While I had a blast playing TERA and The Secret World, they can't compete with the fun I'm having with Guild Wars 2. While I must admit that the so-called PvE in the game is more or less just an "alibi" feature of the game it is still fun. It's really stimulating to finish the small tasks ("Hearts") for different people and stumble from event toCertainly the best MMO launch of 2012. While I had a blast playing TERA and The Secret World, they can't compete with the fun I'm having with Guild Wars 2. While I must admit that the so-called PvE in the game is more or less just an "alibi" feature of the game it is still fun. It's really stimulating to finish the small tasks ("Hearts") for different people and stumble from event to event. There are many things to collect that add up to daily and monthly tasks which, in the end, reward you with even more XP, Karma and other things.
    The only thing I'm missing is more PvE content (yes, I know, GW is supposed to be about PvP ;) )...but it's okay so far.
    Up until this, I would've given 10/10 nonetheless, but...here comes the stuff that I actually really don't like about GW2: The PvP. So far (11/06/12) the PvP is pretty much broken. Balancing is basically non-existent (Thieves and Mesmer kill everything using just two to three skills. One-hit-kills happen as well.) and there are certain class builds that are so ridiculously powerful that you barely see anything different. Plus, certain character combinations are more or less "indestructible" so if you're not playing one of the two "awesome" classes, you're gonna have a bad time.
    I hope they'll fix this soon. 8/10
  13. Mar 9, 2013
    Guild Wars 2 challenges whole genre of MMORPGs, and succeeds. ArenaNet got rid of silly rudiments, proving that they are not needed to make a fun, interesting and thrilling game. Just a simple example are you sure you need mana itself to make a complete, balanced MMORPG? It is not about graphics it's about artistic direction, it's not about sound quality it's about sound design. ThisGuild Wars 2 challenges whole genre of MMORPGs, and succeeds. ArenaNet got rid of silly rudiments, proving that they are not needed to make a fun, interesting and thrilling game. Just a simple example are you sure you need mana itself to make a complete, balanced MMORPG? It is not about graphics it's about artistic direction, it's not about sound quality it's about sound design. This game is not flawless, but it is the best MMORPG by far. It is not a milestone too, but a logical leap. I love this game and strongly recommend it to every gamer. Expand
  14. Nov 27, 2012
    Great game. So much to do for $60, and no need to ever spend any more than that. The PvE will occupy you for a long time, but when that wears off, the PvP is endlessly entertaining.
  15. Oct 26, 2013
    Guild Wars 2 is a bad game Let me spell it out for you.

Guild Wars 2 is a bad game Let me spell it out for you.

The whole game can be defined by one coin phrase that is used over and over by the GW2 community. The phrase I am reffering to is, "ZERG!" Yeah, you know The Zerg... zombi-esque space aliens that infest victims they overrun with their sheer numerical advantage. The ironic part of this is that the origin of the zerg comes from a game that's not a total steaming pile of dog crap. This must be why people can relate to the zerg so well, because most people know what game they are from. Even more ironically, the same people that developed the zerg... also developed another little fantastic game that goes by the name of World of Warcraft The single biggest and ruthless MMORPG out there that caters to PvE and PvP players alike.

This one single term (ZEEEEEEEEEEEERG) pretty much sums up the entirety of PvP and PvE in GW2.

For instance early level gameplay revolves around farming... Now if that doesn't sound boring already let me extrapolate on that even more. In the low level zones, people form a "zerg" (a large group of people who skip around the map without a care for zone content). The sole purpose of the group is to farm a few specific bosses on a spawn rotation over and over until they either get bored, give up, get trolled by other people farming the same bosses, or are satisfied to move on to other content.

Further continuing on the explanation of PvE, are instances (dungeons). These group based zones consist of simply overwhelming enemies, running through them, or beating them by exploiting clearly broken mechanics that have not been fixed by ArenaNet since the games launch. Example being something along the lines of killing a group of enemies through a wall, while they cannot fight back and would normally be a challenge if the exploit did not exist.

Now the game rewards high level players for playing low level content. I like this because it encourages group play, but when this aspect of the game BECOMES the endgame, it gets pretty boring pretty fast.

So, what about PvP? The original Guild Wars had a fantastic PvP setup, so surely GW2 would expand upon that system right? No... Not at all. The game adopts an identical model to World of Warcraft.
    There are 2 different types of PvP.
    There are small arenas consisting of around 5 players. These PvP instances require you to obtain PvP specific gear. Before joining one of these instances you enter a lobby where you have access to vendors, all skills you would have at level 80, and all usable item types. Just another grind earn currency and spend it on PvP gear, which is only usable in the instanced pvp arenas.

World vs World is pretty much the most disappointing thing I have seen in the game. This “crowning” development of PvP has been prasied by GW2 fans since pre-release. The sad fact is that it isn't anything we haven't already seen in World of Warcraft. Several realms (servers) compete over control of instanced zones for +benifits to things like crafting and experience gains. The zones have large keeps and trade routes making it seem very expansive. However, in order to get to these zones you have to queue for them through the interface. Yes they are instanced and yes their is a limit as to how many people can be in them. The only difference from WoW is that these zones are an ongoing conflict. In WoW a battleground lasts 30 minutes. In GW2 these WvW zones are essentially perpetual, resetting weekly to match the highest rated realms against one another. In WoW you can expect to wait about 30-40 seconds before your PvP queue pops and you can queue for ALL battlegrounds available to you. In GW2 you are limited to queuing for one WvW zone at a time and expect to wait anywhere from 30min to 4hours in queue. Once inside WvW we move back to that word again... A commander plays follow the leader by creating a zerg. People follow the commander and attempt to take out objectives along the way.

However, TRUE WORLD PVP does exist in WoW, where it does not exist in GW2. In WoW a player can go to any zone (aside from the newbie zones) and slaughter people mercilessly. There are also world PvP objectives (that start around level 50) that players must take to secure PvE benefits for their faction.

I am honestly surprised that no system like this was implemented into GW2. Why is that? Well the answer comes to us in the solo quest storyline. (I am level 68/80 and it’s fair to say that I gave an honest effort at attempting to enjoy this game.) The storyline pointed out that the races of Tyria (GW2) are banding together and setting aside their differences to play nicely together and live in harmony after they defeat the evil dragons. So, it's possible ArenaNet didn't want to make this type of hostile PvP enviorment simply due to the nature of the story.
  16. Oct 8, 2013
    From this game, you can tell GW2 is trying to evolve the standard MMO genre to be somewhat more engaging. So I'll try to cover the things it tries to add, that are a bit different from other games. Before I start, let me say that on a base level, GW2 does it well: balance, graphics, sounds, story, character creation, replay-ability.

Pros: - Somewhat customizable story line based on

Pros:
    - Somewhat customizable story line based on answers to different questions during character creation (leads to replayability among same classes/races)
    - Random large events that happen which everyone is free to join in (if you're passing by that area)
    - EXP for exploring, logging, mining, gathering and pretty much everything you do asides from walking
    - No subscription based billing, Buy to play (B2P) system no penalizing players that don't pay like F2P model often does
    - Continuously added content
    - Grouping for team quests is quite good and significantly improved
    - Dying and getting downed, doesn't necessarily mean you're down and out if you can kill an enemy and get back up
    - items do not give you so much of an advantage in playing, more rewarded for good play style and personal skill
    - ability to dodge attacks (sort of doesn't really always work)

Cons:
    - It would have been nice if you got to choose the first 5 skills related to each weapon/secondary weapon instead of being only able to choose the latter 5 skills (this was actually what made gameplay a bit too repetitive for me) yes you can swap weapons sets and this gets you more variety, but thinking high level, if I'm using a bow shouldn't I have more than 5 ways of shooting it...and be able to choose how to shoot it?
    - crafting was a bit tedious and difficult to figure out without an actual tutorial (I might have missed the tutorial somewhere in the game) downplayed by the fact that items didn't make or break your character really
    - the game tries to vary the quest a bit so that it's not just Kill X number of Y monster, but in the end was still quite repetitive (i.e. Kill X number of Y monster OR pick up X item and bring to Y location). If the individual quests were more like events, it would be much more fun as you'd have a sense of urgency to kill Y monster instead of counting each one and hoping you reach the amount required to end the quest
    - I'd probably would have like advanced classes to be included in the game as well (for variety), but I guess that's personal preference

Still a great game, with room for improvement. World is engaging, story keeps you entertained and is still a great MMO to explore.
  17. Oct 7, 2012
    I followed Guild Wars 2 religiously for years. I played every single available minute during the beta tests and stress tests. The PvE is better than any MMORPG overall, especially because it is fun, never frustrating or tedious. Exploration is especially enjoyable. My only dislikes are the lack of public group options, and World versus World PvP. WvW PvP is an unbalanced frustratingI followed Guild Wars 2 religiously for years. I played every single available minute during the beta tests and stress tests. The PvE is better than any MMORPG overall, especially because it is fun, never frustrating or tedious. Exploration is especially enjoyable. My only dislikes are the lack of public group options, and World versus World PvP. WvW PvP is an unbalanced frustrating mess. I spent over 100 hours over few weeks in WvW, and have since written it off. I have no plans of touching it until it is severely overhauled. However sPvP and PvE is very fun still. There is also a serious problem with hackers... something I've not seen hurt an MMO in nearly 8 years. Expand
  18. Nov 7, 2012
    This is a title that has something for everyone...well everyone except grief players. For the grief player, you are not invited. The game is more like an artists canvas that you manipulate. The graphics are simply beautiful, the races are very well done complete with histories, and the classes are perfect. When I say perfect, I truly mean that. You can play whatever you choose and not haveThis is a title that has something for everyone...well everyone except grief players. For the grief player, you are not invited. The game is more like an artists canvas that you manipulate. The graphics are simply beautiful, the races are very well done complete with histories, and the classes are perfect. When I say perfect, I truly mean that. You can play whatever you choose and not have to worry about waiting forever to find a pick up group that will let you in. If you want to group you can, or you can just adventure and help out where ever your ADD takes you. No monthly subscription nonsense, no grief players, and you have the freedom to play whomever you want and can still bring value to any group you happen to meet. There are so many more positives about the game it would be impossible to name them all. Suffice to say, If I could score this game higher than a 10, I would. Expand
  19. Jan 10, 2014
    Before 2011 i was not a fan of MMORPGS. I liked my ARPGS like Diablo 2 Diablo Itself. It was World of Warcraft that i originally purchased subscribed and played my be for a month. My initial experience with MMOs was not what i expected and i hated WOW. I knew about Original Guild Wars from a friend but never got around to play it because Arenanet had announced Guild Wars 2. Purchased theBefore 2011 i was not a fan of MMORPGS. I liked my ARPGS like Diablo 2 Diablo Itself. It was World of Warcraft that i originally purchased subscribed and played my be for a month. My initial experience with MMOs was not what i expected and i hated WOW. I knew about Original Guild Wars from a friend but never got around to play it because Arenanet had announced Guild Wars 2. Purchased the Game on its release date and started to play. The immediate Impact of the presentation was overwhelming. It is an absolute achievement to have graphics and art blending seamlessly to produce such beautiful and memorable environments. Events happening left right and centre with regularity. There was always something to do. But although Graphics were awesome they also taxed my machine to the max for getting reasonable game play. This fact did put me off and i decided to go back to SWTOR. In December 2012 i played solely SWTOR for well over 18 months Just because of loyalty to Star wars Universe. During this time Guild Wars 2 Struggled as well to keep the Numbers on there servers. Although i kept on coming back for more GW2 but performance of my Machine always made me return to less Graphic intensive Games on the time. It was June of 2013 when i decided to Quit SWTOR (because of Continuing disappointments with server mergers and poor repetitive content). Guild wars 2 this time practically blew me away it was more polished and keeping it going without a subscription is in fact an achievement. Thus far i have created 3 level 80 characters and spent Countless hours in various areas of the game.

PVE:
    Story : Guildwars 2 character story is probably its weakest point. but it does not bother me as it is the gameplay and MMO part that i am interested in. Story has it moments but largely i will not recommend purchasing the game based on that.

Character Classes : You have multiple options and multiple classes to play with 5 main races 8 main characters each character can than be customised with weapons and traits in various combinations to suit you play style. This combination is unique and strongest feat of GW 2 as there is infinite amount of customizing to max out your potential.

Grouping : LFG tool is still in beta but you can group up with people from your server or cross server. There is lots you can learn in these groups. Dungeons have Story Mode and Explorable Mode which opens up as you progress 3 paths. So essentially you can play the same dungeon in 4 different ways and each way is very different for the original. Guildwars 2 does follow the Holy Trinity (that is Each group has a Tank /dps / healer) It promotes experimentation.

In Game Events and Content Updates are very frequent. What WOW has achieved in almost 10 years of existence GW2 has managed to achieve in 18 months. Each Content update would probably a New Expansion for WOW. or a module worth so many dollars in other MMOs.

PVP: There is sPVP which puts you against other teams it is well balanced and quite rewarding for regular players.
    Gameplay mechanics are very fluid. All professions play differently so its matter of your practise and control.
    WVW where each week server population goes up against 2 other servers is another extremely strong and popular mode for GW 2. But it promotes Zerging (large number of people trying to achieve an objective) in the game
    Loot Recipes Gear is plentiful and you can do lots with it again in terms of improving your character and grinding for Legendary weapons. There are no shared loot drops so it prevents scavengers and ninja activity when it come to distribution.

If you are a regular MMORPG player i can safely recommend you GW2
    If you are new to MMOs i do suggest that GW2 will grow on you given enough time.
    Its a Masterpiece in terms of Gaming and currently the best MMORPG on the market.

Its Flaws High Graphics Requirement ( when buying please check your system can handle it well or not)
    Lack of Holy trinity can be troublesome for certain people. Not knowing ones role can be troublesome.
    Its game where exploration and experimentation will pay off and rewarded.
    Developers are not focused on just earning money. Quality of Content and being free was something unthinkable just a couple of years ago.
  20. Jan 11, 2013
    I cant get into it. I really have tried and like the first Guild wars I've only got a character to around lvl 25 and have completely lost interest. I find it a very unsocial game, still to much of a rush to get to the end game or lvl 80. Which is my first big gripe - it takes to damn long to finish the game or reach maximum level. True it's not about the end game, it's the journey. yet II cant get into it. I really have tried and like the first Guild wars I've only got a character to around lvl 25 and have completely lost interest. I find it a very unsocial game, still to much of a rush to get to the end game or lvl 80. Which is my first big gripe - it takes to damn long to finish the game or reach maximum level. True it's not about the end game, it's the journey. yet I should not have to spend 100 hours or so to bloody well get there, it's ridiculous! Around 30 or so hours is more than enough time to dedicate to one character and a player should be rewarded more appropriately for their time invested.

As for being in a guild - it's a sense of belonging to something, yet it aside from that, the game does indeed feel like a single player game with other people jumping in and out of it at times. As an older gamer (37) I play for perhaps different reasons than others. One of my main reason for playing while I'm distanced from more interesting things to do (my girlfriend for one), is the social aspect of a multiplayer game. And for me this game has very little meaningful interaction. People jump in, kill, jump out of your area. For all it was promised to be, guild wars is STILL and end level game. That for me makes it rather disappointing as I'll most likely never get there.

Another BIG mistake they did was make the level's to high - to big of a spread. 40 levels would have been more than sufficient and make it take longer to achieve them. That way more people could have played together, with there being more characters of a similar level. Instead you have a situation where you are pretty well ALWAYS playing without your fellow guild members and by yourself to level. Hence little reason to be a part of a guild until you reach end game... my opinion. :-)

It was fresh in many ways and combat is fun. Looks pretty and great with no monthly subscription, yet it's far from enough to get me to give in any more of my time until MAJOR changes take place... which they shall not.
  21. Sep 12, 2012
    After about level 15 you will have every weapon skill learned, and after a few levels the rest of the 4 offensive skills you can use, at which point is when the weapon/skill system starts showing its limiting and suffocating side - play like the game tells you or GTFO. The game is great for the first week, and after that you start noticing that it really has nothing to keep you playing.After about level 15 you will have every weapon skill learned, and after a few levels the rest of the 4 offensive skills you can use, at which point is when the weapon/skill system starts showing its limiting and suffocating side - play like the game tells you or GTFO. The game is great for the first week, and after that you start noticing that it really has nothing to keep you playing. Structured PvP part of the game is disconnected from the rest, and really feels and plays like a separate game with the same engine - it sports its separate level treadmill, items and crafting. The only redeeming quality this game brings to the table is - no subscription. Expand
  22. Oct 27, 2012
    To sum up - GW2 is a fantastic and fun game that I have truly enjoyed in an exploratory and exciting way, something I haven't done in ~7 years.

I spent a good part of 6 years playing WoW after first playing Guild Wars original for a year or so, then on and off after that point. I've played several other MMOs but none of them ever really came close to WoW or original Guild Wars as far as I'm concerned.

GW2 has fresh and exciting ways of exploring and traversing the deep and detailed world. For once, an MMO has left the decision "How should I play the game" to the player, rather than boxing them in to stale and linear PvE experiences. As I'm still leveling, I don't know what end game will be like but GW2 definitely deserves a 9 even if end game is crap, considering just how awesome the leveling experience is.
  23. Feb 25, 2014
    Pretty amazing MMO to say the least. Beautiful world and very engaging.

Leveling the character was enjoyable! As you level the game engages the player by telling a story and continues as you level. Along with the story, zones have "events" or aka quests that players can take part in and help out npc's earning xp and karma (form of currency). Plenty of dungeons to enjoy once at a
    Pretty amazing MMO to say the least. Beautiful world and very engaging.

Leveling the character was enjoyable!

Plenty of dungeons to enjoy once at a certain level but once you are capped at 80 you can go back and try "explore" mode which provides a higher difficulty.

PvP and WvW content plenty of action to take part in.

Crafting professions were well done.
  24. Sep 10, 2012
    Game play is enjoyable, security isn't up to par though which can ruin any good game... numerous people getting hacked and account name can be changed is easier than password changes makes one question why release a game with such a huge flaw...
  25. Dec 29, 2012
    First off I would like to say i have tried other mmos. played the wow starter edition thought it was very childish and combat was very boring. so then i bought the secret world when it became subsription less becasue i am very into all the illumanati templar stuff. was ok but the interface was kind of confusing and combat was meh but the story was pretty cool. i was at gamestop one dayFirst off I would like to say i have tried other mmos. played the wow starter edition thought it was very childish and combat was very boring. so then i bought the secret world when it became subsription less becasue i am very into all the illumanati templar stuff. was ok but the interface was kind of confusing and combat was meh but the story was pretty cool. i was at gamestop one day and a friend of a friend told me to try out guild wars 2. i bought it and have loved every minute of it. i dont rate games by anything other than fun factor becasue really thats all that matters and gw2 gets a ten. charachter creation is really neat and the world is beautiful. just the art direction and creativity is astounding. the combat is also very very fun. the cool thing is u can just be exploring and all f a sudden a random big event happens and you and a whole bunch of people just go do it gain gold and exp. overall very fun if you are thinking about getting this game you really should i cant see you not having a good time.

prepper out
  26. Nov 13, 2013
    I really liked Guild Wars (1). It wasn't the best of games but it had something in it.
    GW2 while improved and looking nice (not great, it could have been better) is missing that something that GW had.

I like what they did with skills and how they change according to what weapon type character is wealding but in a longer run the game was just boring.
  27. Oct 5, 2012
    A great well rounded and well polished new MMO. 8 distinctive classes that all have their own feel and play style. Some great improvements to the MMORPG genre without trying to change what isn't broken.
    Just like GW1, there is no subscription. Unlike many other MMOs out there where you're paying a monthly fee and getting very little for that fee, GW2 gives excellent value for the box price. I really don't think I could go back to standard MMO static combat that other titles in the genre seem content to offer. Combat in GW2 is a lot more fluid and active. Broker/AH/Trade Post is also the best I've seen in an MMO to date, not without flaws, but it's game wide, not limited by listing durations and you can set buy prices for items you're looking for.
    Only thing I personally miss is raiding, some challenge PVE wise to bring players together to overcome. WvW just doesn't do it for me, fun sure, but not in the same routine way that raiding was in the older generation MMOs.
  28. Oct 31, 2012
    I've been playing since release and everything I have to say about this game is good - I recommend it to my friends and get lost and immersed in Tyria for hours at a time. In GW2 you are dropped into the world without much of a hint as to what you are supposed to be doing. That's because the point in the game is just to go explore and have fun. There is a massive and immersive world outI've been playing since release and everything I have to say about this game is good - I recommend it to my friends and get lost and immersed in Tyria for hours at a time. In GW2 you are dropped into the world without much of a hint as to what you are supposed to be doing. That's because the point in the game is just to go explore and have fun. There is a massive and immersive world out there to enjoy and it's all breathtakingly beautiful. There are points of interest to visit, which when explored can often lead to secret jumping puzzles or hidden chests. There are breathtaking vistas to view and skill challenges to earn. All of these things can be challenging and puzzling at times. Levelling and gearing in this game almost seems secondary and you'll barely notice your levels flying up. There are two PvP modes, WvW and structured PvP (5v5 - 8v8 games). Both are very different things and I have found a lot of enjoyment in both. I recommend giving GW2 a chance because you just might LOVE it. Expand
  29. Apr 12, 2013
    Best MMORPG since WoW and most diverse MMORPG since EVE.

Guild Wars 2 has A-LOT of good things going for it. I want to save potential Buyers of this game some time and just give you a summary of the good and bad that it has to offer! SO first, the good: - Best looking virtual world in terms of art and creativity. - Consistently fluid animation on nearly everything that moves. -
    Best MMORPG since WoW and most diverse MMORPG since EVE.

- Best looking virtual world in terms of art and creativity.
    - Consistently fluid animation on nearly everything that moves.
    - Excellent musical score.
    - Solid amount of options available when creating your character.
    - Fast paced, involving combat. Skill based to a degree.
    - Fun to play solo.
    - Fun and easy to play with a group.
    - Great PvE upto 80.
    - PvP and WvW are a blast. Easily the best PvP combat and options of any MMO.
    - Has a sense of Humor
    - No Trinity system to bog things down.
    - Every class is unique, self sufficient and fun to play.
    - No subscription fee.
    - No pay to win
    - Much better Community than you will find in WoW, SWTOR and Rift.

The bad:

- Story aspect is not very interesting.
    - Voice acting can feel stoic and lame. Too much cheese at times.
    - While PvP has plenty to offer as endgame content, PvE has much less in contrast. (Maybe add grindable Gear?)
    - Cultural Armors are inconsistent in their looks and appeal.
    - Tends to make you ignore important things in life. Like eating.

So there you have my little list of things I like and dislike about Guild Wars 2. If any of the good I mentioned interests you then do yourself a favor and pick up this game! After all, it is only a one time purchase
  30. Apr 22, 2013
    One of the best value for money games I've ever played. No monthly subscription means it's an MMO which you can choose when to play and you're not forced to log-in every single day. Live team were clever enough to spend the first few months fixing bugs and polishing existing content, along with adding a few new pieces. The only real downside I can say is that I need MORE of it. ExpansionsOne of the best value for money games I've ever played. No monthly subscription means it's an MMO which you can choose when to play and you're not forced to log-in every single day. Live team were clever enough to spend the first few months fixing bugs and polishing existing content, along with adding a few new pieces. The only real downside I can say is that I need MORE of it. Expansions please! 10/10 Expand
  31. Dec 6, 2012
    This game just suits me perfectly, being an MMO with a beautiful, hand-crafted world containing enjoyable PvE for smaller groups and the lack of a gear treadmill. SPvP is easy to jump into having all the necessary equipment at one's disposal, and WvWvW always interests me.
  32. Mar 4, 2013
    Guild Wars 2 is... a splendid game. Whilst completing the main quest line and levelling up to level 80, I realized there is yet much to do...~~~For example, I had to level up my skills to level 400, and hunt for materials and ingredients which made my time as great. I found myself in LOVE with the dungeons, and the fact that ArenaNet releases updates in a large sum, not just smallGuild Wars 2 is... a splendid game. Whilst completing the main quest line and levelling up to level 80, I realized there is yet much to do...~~~For example, I had to level up my skills to level 400, and hunt for materials and ingredients which made my time as great. I found myself in LOVE with the dungeons, and the fact that ArenaNet releases updates in a large sum, not just small miniature maintenances etc... Completing the map was incredibly fun, and finding the vistas, completing the Local Heart quests, the randomly generated events which give me something to do, and the graphics that take me in. Now I never have to run around, bored, and thinking, "What should I do next? Sigh..." Graphical content is the least of what I care about, because games really aren't all about graphics, however their story, content, and available options is really what it's about. By the way, for you ArenaNet fans out there, many of the people who have completely disliked GW2 are brainwashed people coming from Blizzard that will absolutely hate ANY MMORPG game they think might overcome WoW. Also, may I like to say many of the hated reviews here are probably coming from people who just want to compare GW2 to their favorite MMO's. No, seriously, rating Guild Wars 2 requires raw, solid reviewing, not comparing products. -Utrex Expand
  33. Dec 2, 2013
    I really don't know about this game. It is not bad MMO, but it have some really weird parts like: skill system classes could be more interesting (esp. necromancer) underwater combat is total trash, when you wonder in world you complete events you don't even participate and so on.
  34. Jun 3, 2013
    Played the game for about 2 months. The graphics are good but cared little for the gameplay. Did not like any of the races and the lore was meh. The one time purchase fee is a plus. Not much PvE and I am not a pvp oriented person.
  35. Oct 10, 2012
    This game is awesome, got it as a gift (was going to buy it anyway but my birthday came first :P) I did not play GW1 but have played many other MMOs. Its true that it takes quite a bit from games like Warhammer online, but it takes the good and improves on it. It also introduces new ideas and concepts I haven't seen in other mmos. The game handles lag very well (I play from South Africa)This game is awesome, got it as a gift (was going to buy it anyway but my birthday came first :P) I did not play GW1 but have played many other MMOs. Its true that it takes quite a bit from games like Warhammer online, but it takes the good and improves on it. It also introduces new ideas and concepts I haven't seen in other mmos. The game handles lag very well (I play from South Africa) compared to games like WOW or Diablo 3. My only real complaint is the lack of proper learning content, its either not there or too boring to do. Its way more fun to just jump in and play like an idiot while you figure things out. I must say that this game is growing on me. The more I play the more fun it seems to get! Graphics are good, quests are fun, events are amazing, sounds are cool and personal quests add a fun single player element to the game(can be done multi, I like to single it). For those skeptical about the RM gem system, it is a little annoying but can be worked around, gems can be bought off ah with gold. 1 suggestion to A-net is please add more attacking animations haha Expand
  36. Oct 6, 2012
    It's pretty exciting to have an MMORPG that doesn't kick you out of immersion in the fantasy on a regular basis. The story is nice, it isn't over the top epic quite yet, and while your personal stake in the story takes place in instanced zone, it still happens in the game world not some other place. A large portion of the story occurs in the open world as well, allowing for freeIt's pretty exciting to have an MMORPG that doesn't kick you out of immersion in the fantasy on a regular basis. The story is nice, it isn't over the top epic quite yet, and while your personal stake in the story takes place in instanced zone, it still happens in the game world not some other place. A large portion of the story occurs in the open world as well, allowing for free participation and rewarding all who do participate.

When you find a new area, rather than looking for a quest hub, you just explore and things will pop up on the side of the screen letting you know what's happening and how you can help. There are still quests out there that aren't like this, but for the most part you are adventuring to adventure.

Loot is useful in some way, either by salvaging or actually using for long spreads of game play making any reward at least partially valuable.

Even if you don't like the game play, or if you are a dedicated adherent to some other MMO, I recommend looking at GW2 and checking out the various tools for making playing with alts and crafting much less cumbersome. Crafting materials all go in to a shared character inventory with a limit I have yet to reach on how many of what can be stored. Banking is also shared. This allows a player to back up their main with crafting alts, allowing them to never leave the field, putting materials into their crafting inventory and then accessing their crafted goods from the bank later. This also gives your alts a way to levelup from crafting xp to help them along their way.

Equipment looks amazing also. While some items do suffer from the floating pauldrons effect seen in other titles, you can turn these items off visually. The armor slots are also far more interesting than the skin tight armor textured pajamas from DDO, WoW and others. A coat looks like a coat, skirts can go anywhere from just covering your bum to knee length or the floor. Using the whole body to add multiple shapes makes the world look a lot more reasonable than most other item designs we see in MMOs.
    Without getting to endgame, I'm already very satisfied with this purchase. The only major short comings are the pay walls around keys to randomly dropped chests, you get way more chests than keys. and the pay wall around the amount of alts you can have (5 for free) and inventory space.
  37. Oct 5, 2012
    In my life i've played a lot og MMO's, and i thought than Guild Wars 2 would be an average MMO. But when I saw some trailers and read a bit more about this game, i found it very interesting and i was right. After playing on the closed beta test i understood that it was the most amazing game I've ever played. There is a lot of features and describing all of them can take a lot of time.In my life i've played a lot og MMO's, and i thought than Guild Wars 2 would be an average MMO. But when I saw some trailers and read a bit more about this game, i found it very interesting and i was right. After playing on the closed beta test i understood that it was the most amazing game I've ever played. There is a lot of features and describing all of them can take a lot of time. Usually, as it often happens with games which are having too many "cool things", these games looks like cut piece of cake and when you begin playing for the first time you will say:"Yes, it's amazing, but after some hours you will understand that this game can't provide you everything it was told about in the beginning. But not in Guild Wars 2, each elements of the game looks like the hole piece of one cake.
    In my opinion it is the best MMO game of last five years
  38. Oct 6, 2012
    Best MMO. I can't wait until another MMO improves on the direction this game has. From pvp to wvwvw to the story mode or just running out in to the wilds and bumping in to an engaging event. There is no right way to play this game. It is at your own pace and however you want to. I'm giving it a 10 for being the best there is right now. It is probably what vanilla WoW would haveBest MMO. I can't wait until another MMO improves on the direction this game has. From pvp to wvwvw to the story mode or just running out in to the wilds and bumping in to an engaging event. There is no right way to play this game. It is at your own pace and however you want to. I'm giving it a 10 for being the best there is right now. It is probably what vanilla WoW would have wanted to be before Blizz got high on cash cow subs and stopped caring about a good product. There isn't a thing I hate about GW2. Expand
  39. Nov 16, 2012
    First of all, I am not a fanboy of World of Warcraft or Guild Wars, this review is based only on my overall opinion on Guild Wars 2.
    ---
    Overall: excellent game, ArenaNet really showed everyone else how a true MMO must be made. If you have money for it and you like MMO's (and even if you don't, but you want to try something new), buy it! 10/10. Brilliant. --- This game is hilarious,
    ---
    This game is hilarious, whether you play alone or with your friends. High fantasy setting can be felt actually, with so many things happening around you. Roleplaying part of the game is also great, as you can even write personal story to your character! Yes, yes, your own personal story! If you wish, you can complete plot missions to advance your character in the world, he is the part of it. Not a player's puppet, but a character with his own characteristics which can be set by you! Combat is great, also. Making combinations with players is also a nice way to make the game more social-specialized. However, there are few things that I don't like in the game: for example lack of trading option. There's much more to tell about this game, like no unholy-trinity system in dungeons and interesting crafting system, but it's way too hard to describe everything about Guild Wars 2, as it's too massive and great!
  40. Nov 2, 2012
    Just pros and cons.
    < > Pros: < 1 > Stunningly effective design (visual, graphics and music) < 2 > Innovative and convinient gameplay (anyone should try it) < 3 > Playstyles of different classes are really different < 4 > Wide character customization < 5 > Live world with continuous events
    < > Cons: < 1 > Inexpressive storyline (especially the ending) < 2 > Annoying
    Just pros and cons.
    < > Cons: < 1 > Inexpressive storyline (especially the ending) < 2 > Annoying last locations (both design and mobs' behaviour) < 3 > Turmoil in dungeons due to "no tank, random aggro" mechanics < 4 > Lack of end-game motivation (after some level of familiarization the game becomes boring even without full progress achieved)
  41. Nov 2, 2012
    I'm an avid fan of MMORPG and this game fall short of my expectations and many others by the looks of it. Yet I still recommend fans of this genre pick up this game as unlike most, it's none subscription based and will be a game I will come back to every now and again for years to come.
    The games PvP, from what I've seen is pretty unbalanced but it's not a game breaker. The PvE is very different to any other MMORPG I've played. Each instance has a limit of 5 players which I found slightly disappointing yet they are very challenging and requires a lot more cooperation than any other multi player PvE experience, like World Of Warcraft for instance. What I found very interesting is the fact ArenaNet based the game on giving the player a choice of how to level. For example, one could level to 80 with just World PvP (A new feature which involves a server VS server VS server system. Which takes place in a huge battleground). Or Structured PvP (A smaller PVP environment). Or even just questing. The game hasn't got a compelling storyline but this can easily be avoided.
    The game play varies greatly from profession to profession, depending on what type of profession you're playing. The thief and most melee classes consist of more button mashing then skillful play with ranged classes mostly bound to a powerful rotation.
    Personally I recommend picking this up even if you don't plan on playing for a considerable amount of time. The soul fact that this game isn't a subscription is a must buy for me.
  42. Dec 15, 2013
    I am impressed. After putting some hours into it and understanding some of the basics. I think I have a good feel on most of the game. I like how the map layout is just so the way it is. Enemies are scattered all over the place and keep their distances for the most part. The automated leveling up on everything was a great idea but i think the player should choose if or not to. When you goI am impressed. After putting some hours into it and understanding some of the basics. I think I have a good feel on most of the game. I like how the map layout is just so the way it is. Enemies are scattered all over the place and keep their distances for the most part. The automated leveling up on everything was a great idea but i think the player should choose if or not to. When you go into a too high leveled area, the game will sometimes set the level right where it should be so its comfortable enough to sit back and level up all day long. I think 8/10 should do it. Good game. Expand
  43. Nov 19, 2012
    This game has EVERYTHING for be, in 1 year, in the MMORPG most played in the world. More played than World of Warcraft also. You only have to pay the two discs, and then you can forget the money and enjoy this huge world of Tyria. A world bigger than Azeroth, I think. So much hours of playing, but not as "drug" as is World of Warcraft I think. I don´t play this game a lot, because ofThis game has EVERYTHING for be, in 1 year, in the MMORPG most played in the world. More played than World of Warcraft also. You only have to pay the two discs, and then you can forget the money and enjoy this huge world of Tyria. A world bigger than Azeroth, I think. So much hours of playing, but not as "drug" as is World of Warcraft I think. I don´t play this game a lot, because of the class, because of the new PS3 games... But when I get bored, I know I have an amazing game in my computer which enjoys me for hours!
    The best in this game, in my opinion, are the graphics ( Best visual desings in the MMORPG history), an amazing Soundtrack, the huge PvP *World vs World, thousands of players against thousands of players), and the different localitations of Tyria, like beaches, forrests or freezing mountains.
    The worst for me is the small characters you can have, only 5. Sometimes, the dungeons gets too long and too difficult. The level decreasing in some areas is absurd.
  44. Dec 2, 2012
    Guild Wars 2 is by far the best game to date when it comes to fantasy MMO's. I've been playing since launch and I am just as addicted to GW2 as I was to regular GW. Taking away the quest grind is a real + for me. All other MMO's focused way too much on questing. In GW2 I like the way you can just go out into the world and stumble upon an event. Exploration is quite fun, you never know whatGuild Wars 2 is by far the best game to date when it comes to fantasy MMO's. I've been playing since launch and I am just as addicted to GW2 as I was to regular GW. Taking away the quest grind is a real + for me. All other MMO's focused way too much on questing. In GW2 I like the way you can just go out into the world and stumble upon an event. Exploration is quite fun, you never know what you might stumble upon. I have tried my hand at PvP and I still need some work. As for WvW I have not been there yet, but from what I hear from other players it can be quite an experience. The only thing in GW2 that I find needs work is the gathering aspect of it, If your getting into crafting, starting out seems to be quite slow. Harvest nodes can take an hour to respawn while farm nodes can take up to 23 hours to respawn, this seems to be a little too restrictive, but really that is the only gripe in the game that I have. I just totally love this game, Arenanet has delivered on it's promises for sure. I am looking forward to what the future has in store for this game. Will we be able to walk the streets of Kamadan or Kaineng City again? Is the Jade Sea still going to crystallized? What new lands will we be able to explore? I'm stoked about this game, and I will be playing it as much as I possible can. Expand
  45. Dec 15, 2012
    ArenaNet gave us the game I had been waiting a long time, without a healers, tanks and stereotype invented centuries ago. Game worth playing, some will love it others postpone the ledge.
  46. Dec 15, 2012
    This game is absolute gold! The storyline is very well done and it allows you to make countless decisions as you play which will change your storyline and whilst at the end of it all you will get the same ending if you decide to play through the story with a different character you will experience huge variety from your first playthrough as the decisions you make enable you to playThis game is absolute gold! The storyline is very well done and it allows you to make countless decisions as you play which will change your storyline and whilst at the end of it all you will get the same ending if you decide to play through the story with a different character you will experience huge variety from your first playthrough as the decisions you make enable you to play completely different missions. The eight classes offer up countless different strategies and dungeoneering is even more fun as you can jump in with any other people instead of having to wait for the other members of the holy trinity. The PvP is great fun but with only one game mode as of yet but with many different maps. There are whole new events out each month such as halloween christmas etc. each updte being about 1/2gb to 1gb each as so much is added Expand
  47. Apr 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This games is a modern MMO,it's fun to play there's 3 open world pvp servers(you fight Server vs Server vs Server)many structured PVP lobbies, the map is huge,the graphics are great.
    Guild Wars 2 has been since August 28(who pre order it)and i still love it.
    Your goal is to be strong to deafeat the Elder Dragon named "Zhitan" but there will be some events that you have to kill a dragon like in the human starting area you have a event to kill Shadow of Behemoth,when you kill the dragona you get treasure(i got Final Rest wich is a exotic staff weapon).The Monsters AI is good and the best part of this game is you dont have to do back tracking i.e you talked to a NPC wich wants you to kill monsters and then come back to him,theese things are boring stuff like Angryjoe said on his review,i will hightly recomend this game if you dislike Old School MMOS like WoW,EverQuest i dont recomend if you like Old School MMOS but give it a try when there will be a trial
  48. Jan 21, 2013
    Guild wars 2, good graphics, nice maps, fun dynamic events, and... that's about it!

Classes feel weird, too few skills to choose from and don't feel solid whatsoever, Spammable PvP is not really fun, WvWvW its just repetitive pug battles, and the worst of all, it has reduced camera Field Of View that reminds me all the bad quality games out there, which completely breaks the game experience.
  49. Jan 15, 2013
    Perfect game for casual players. That doesn't mean hardcore players can't play it. But it's fun, it's not hard to lv up (everything u do, EVERYTHING gives you exp), many people complain it's hard to lv up yet they haven't played the game for more than a couple of days. You'll reach 80 even before you know it, and you'll feel like there's still so much left to do.
    Yes, some people may not
    Yes, some people may not agree or like the game, but people that give this game a 0 are just haters... Only thing that I feel it's missing is a normal pvp or duel mode on the pve environment, or even a pk mode, as the pve world is just too nice and peaceful, sometimes you feel like you need some "bad guys" that are not just npcs. But even then, the WvWvW is really fun, you don't even need to join the zergs... sometimes you can just wander around the maps and you may even find a chance to 1 on 1 or at least fight with smaller groups of people.
  50. Apr 24, 2014
    The graphics are nice and the quest system is nice. Sadly, a lack of interesting story lines makes the leveling process very boring. The lack of FoV slider makes the game unplayable for several people, and is inexcusable for a modern game.
  51. Dec 11, 2014
    This game is way too grindy.

The gameplay mechanics are incompatible with the control scheme. A gamepad would have worked better than the keyboard/mouse setup.

Having said that, an RPG should never try to be a platform game. Especially a PC RPG. That's why they're RPGs.

The targetting system is unstable and inaccurate.

The camera is in constant conflict with the movement controls.
  52. Jaz
    Feb 23, 2013
    GW2 is a buy only MMO with no subscription .Pros: Graphics and animations-by far the best, sound, interesting classes, pvp- both the tournament and the world vs world, good crafting, discrete store for fluff and not pay to win, attention to small details that make you feel like the world is "real". Minus: since they dont use the classic tank-healer-dps system, group combat becomesGW2 is a buy only MMO with no subscription .Pros: Graphics and animations-by far the best, sound, interesting classes, pvp- both the tournament and the world vs world, good crafting, discrete store for fluff and not pay to win, attention to small details that make you feel like the world is "real". Minus: since they dont use the classic tank-healer-dps system, group combat becomes confusing, especially with pick up groups. I like the soloability of GW2 classes and their pvp performance but in dungeons, group pve is not fun-for me at least. It doesnt have raids but i m not so fond of them anyway. Some people love to grind for the uber weapon/armor. Not so here and i personally like it. Also it has frequent events, improvements etc. Overal: best MMO today. Expand
  53. Mar 19, 2013
    Really well made game! The graphics, the story, the small details, the combat system. Everything is really well done! Leveling is really fun thanks to the new "questing" system, that really eliminates the boring things of questing. Things feel more genuine, varied and not at all grindy. Exploring is really fun and rewarding, both thanks to the graphics and the excellent "level design" withReally well made game! The graphics, the story, the small details, the combat system. Everything is really well done! Leveling is really fun thanks to the new "questing" system, that really eliminates the boring things of questing. Things feel more genuine, varied and not at all grindy. Exploring is really fun and rewarding, both thanks to the graphics and the excellent "level design" with jumping puzzles and just the overall epicness of all terrain.

And contrary to what some people claim, the game has a good chunk of endgame, both in the more "casual" way and the old grindy (wow-like) endgame. This will surely expand, Guild Wars 2 hasn't been out a year yet!

There are some bad things too obviously, most of them compensated by the rest of the game.
    To mention the biggest weaknesses the game lacks some features you would expect from an MMO, such as being able to inspect other peoples gear, to direct trade with someone (without using the auction house). Also when fighting physically smaller bosses in a group the spell and particle effects becomes too overwhelming and you are sometimes unable to even see what you are fighting. You are also unable to simply duel against a friend in the game.
    This are the things that prevent the last point out of 10.

And too all folks that have been playing and loving WoW, I just wanna give you the advice to not give up to early as I almost did. It takes a while to get into because its in some ways so different from WoW.

Lastly i want to say that I'm an PvE player and haven't tried much PvP at all so this review is from a PvE point of view.
  54. Mar 31, 2013
    Being new to the Guild Wars franchise I find myself playing it almost every spare minute I have. Guild Wars 2 is certainly an attracting game from its good graphics to its fun and intense massive multiplayer boss battles. I have enjoyed every hour of this game and the reason I enjoyed it so much is because it brings something new to the table in the genre of MMO's. Combat is the best iv'eBeing new to the Guild Wars franchise I find myself playing it almost every spare minute I have. Guild Wars 2 is certainly an attracting game from its good graphics to its fun and intense massive multiplayer boss battles. I have enjoyed every hour of this game and the reason I enjoyed it so much is because it brings something new to the table in the genre of MMO's. Combat is the best iv'e seen in an MMO ever, graphics aren't the best I have ever seen but are certainly up there among of titles in different genres. What put the cherry on the cake for me was the epic world versus world action it is a new battle every time but one complaint i have about the world versus world is the queue times can be up to 3 hours long which is too long. The soundtrack of this game is jaw-dropping. I never normally compliment a game on its soundtrack but by God was this a good one. The music mixed with the landscape and actual gameplay works so well together. I loved it. Expand
  55. Mar 31, 2013
    This game is like WoW just done right. There is no way to really summarize this game into 5,000 characters so I am simply going to say this. This is like all MMOs it is just 5,000 times better and more entertaining. And you don't have to pay a monthly fee!
  56. Apr 18, 2013
    I like Guild Wars 2! It's the best game I ever seen. With no subscription fee I think a lot of gamers will buy this game Thank you Arenanet and NC soft for this beautiful rp game.
  57. Apr 22, 2013
    This is one of the best MMORPG's of the decade. It has a lot of rich content, with random events popping up all the time, taking out most of the grind in the game. Its extremely balanced and there is no monthly fees. The quests feel natural and fun to do without getting tedious. This game is amazing and I recommend it to anyone who wants an amazing game!
  58. Apr 27, 2013
    Guild Wars 2 is by far the best MMO on the market, it is a revolution in the payment methods done for MMO's. With solid and realistic gameplay, awesome concept art on loading screens, a massive amount of customization and new events that Arena net make showing the fans that they actually care what we think! As much as I don't think the endgame is done very well it would be unfair to say asGuild Wars 2 is by far the best MMO on the market, it is a revolution in the payment methods done for MMO's. With solid and realistic gameplay, awesome concept art on loading screens, a massive amount of customization and new events that Arena net make showing the fans that they actually care what we think! As much as I don't think the endgame is done very well it would be unfair to say as I always find myself coming back to this game. Expand
  59. Mar 18, 2014
    As a massive fan of MMORPG's, I can finally say I've finally found the MMORPG for me. First off, no monthly subscriptions, I buy it and it's all mine ! And as well, the content, wow. The amount of content on this game is never-ending and it's all for £30 ! (Even bigger than WOW, Skyrim and Oblivion) I've played this game for months on end and still haven't seen every piece this game has toAs a massive fan of MMORPG's, I can finally say I've finally found the MMORPG for me. First off, no monthly subscriptions, I buy it and it's all mine ! And as well, the content, wow. The amount of content on this game is never-ending and it's all for £30 ! (Even bigger than WOW, Skyrim and Oblivion) I've played this game for months on end and still haven't seen every piece this game has to offer. The amount of ontent is just unreal.Every player has their own unique storyline so it's different everytime you play the game, unlike a lot of MMORPG's out there and it's all for £30 ! The music and voice acting is outstanding and above all probably the best out of all the games I've played and it's all for £30 !
    Hey, did I mention all this is for £30 ! This isn't even close to summarising how intense this game is, I just wanna go back to playing it right now cause it's so good ! Playing Guild Wars 2, I can never go back to another MMORPG with monthly subscirptions ever again. It's like ESO, I'll still be playing GW2 FREE OF MONTHLY SUBSCIPTIONS ! GUILD WARS 2 IS THE GOD DAMN **** GAME CHANGER FOR MMORPGS! And I sincerely hope game dev companies planning on making MMOs learn from this.
  60. Jul 29, 2013
    This is one of the best MMOs in recent years. Not only because of the amount of content that is available, but because they constantly add more, for free, with no subscription cost. It has gorgeous, relevant graphics, fun and unique races, great storylines and every little detail is amazing. Not just graphic details, which are far above any current MMO, but the details in the NPC dialogue,This is one of the best MMOs in recent years. Not only because of the amount of content that is available, but because they constantly add more, for free, with no subscription cost. It has gorgeous, relevant graphics, fun and unique races, great storylines and every little detail is amazing. Not just graphic details, which are far above any current MMO, but the details in the NPC dialogue, and the way that quests try to involve your character rather than just be "go to this place, kill 15 kobolds and then talk to me again".

Probably one of my favorite things about this game is that it is extremely accessible to a casual player, to people with jobs and families and responsibilities. You could spend all day playing it and be entertained, but you won't miss out on tons of progression if you need to spend a couple weeks away. There is no "tiered" gear progression that only begins at max level and quickly becomes outdated if you don't keep playing. There are other rewards to work for at max level instead of just gear upgrades.

I could go on forever about how much I love this game, but I will just say that I hope it paves the way for future games and becomes the new standard. I hope when people are developing a game, they stop thinking "How can we be like WoW" and start thinking "How can we be like GW2".
  61. Jun 16, 2013
    Let me begin with saying I played the original Guild Wars since launch(off and on anyway) along with all the expansions. I loved the game and 2000+ hours should sadly speak for itself. Guild wars 2 was no different for me in terms of that I got the digital copy on launch day and played the heck out of it within a week.

I found myself max level and no one to play with, which was my own

I found myself max level and no one to play with, which was my own problem because no one had gotten level 80 yet. I found guild wars 2 very fun although I played through the majority of the game solo and will probably never play it again. I applaud anet for doing something different with an MMO and although i only put 100-150 hours into gw2, it was still worth my money and I would do it again if I had a choice.
  62. Jun 22, 2013
    I played and enjoyed GW1 the day after it was released and overall I played around 100-150 hours. I was therefore looking forward to GW2 and had high expectations after they talked about how it would be so different to all those other boring mmos. Well, after 35 hours I know, not very much), I am very bored and not sure if I will play much more.

The combat is the dull combat from every

The combat is the dull combat from every other mmo I've played, with the dull kill this, kill that quests, but done slightly differently. Also,there has not been one interesting quest because there are no interesting stories or characters. The main story has some charm (I'm playing as an Asura), but overall I just don't care. You just do the same things over, and over, and over, and over again. That being said, this game is better than gw1, but gw1 came out 8 years ago and I need a lot more innovation and tricks to impress me than what GW2 offers.

There are good things about this game. It is very pretty. Everything from the character designs to the world to the UI are great. The music is also great and there are no subscription fees.

In the end, if you enjoy other mmos like WOW, or TOR then you will probably really enjoy this. If you don't enjoy those mmos, and you think this game is going to be some great leap forward, I think you will be quite disappointed.
  63. Aug 2, 2013
    This is a great game, I was a little overhyped at first but this a quality MMORPG with a really unique way to play it, it isn't for people who want to farm 24/7, it's more for the people who want to explore and get lost in various of activities in the world, I didn't play it much at launch, but 1 year after the release I can say that this feels like a great game and it has very solidThis is a great game, I was a little overhyped at first but this a quality MMORPG with a really unique way to play it, it isn't for people who want to farm 24/7, it's more for the people who want to explore and get lost in various of activities in the world, I didn't play it much at launch, but 1 year after the release I can say that this feels like a great game and it has very solid ground to grow on. I'm looking forward to how this game is gonna grow in the future. Expand
  64. Jul 13, 2013
    GW2 tem sido de longe o melhor jogo de mmo que joguei (e joguei WoW desde o vanilla), sistema de combate muito interessante somado a uma customização perfeita de cada char, o jogo possui uma infinidade de builds com traits e o set de arma e os itens que se usa tornando o jogo único, tenho um warrior suporte que cura com estandartes e bufa com gritos de guerra, temos finalmente um RANGER,GW2 tem sido de longe o melhor jogo de mmo que joguei (e joguei WoW desde o vanilla), sistema de combate muito interessante somado a uma customização perfeita de cada char, o jogo possui uma infinidade de builds com traits e o set de arma e os itens que se usa tornando o jogo único, tenho um warrior suporte que cura com estandartes e bufa com gritos de guerra, temos finalmente um RANGER, capas de ser meele ou ranged, o jogo eh muito dinamico sem ser exaustivo, eventos massivos e muito bem trabalhados e um world PVP capas de remeter as guerras medievais de outrora (coisas como um cerco de 2 dias nos murros de um castelo), o único ponto fraco até agora o fato de o jogo não possuir raids (10-20 man) porem suas dungeons são muito boas e unicas, FINALMENTE um jogo que valorize o individual mais q o teoricraft, como não há tank healer dps, esqueça os gurus da interne e jogue. jogo muito bom, recomendo a todos que querem algo realmente inovador e que não trai as origens do MMO. Expand
  65. Jul 21, 2013
    Ok, i will try to be as impartial as i can be.

The game itself isn't really SO bad. I can't say it's innovative, anyway. Only somebody who clearly didn't play enough different MMORPGs in his life can say this game is innovative. The PVE is basically a re-adaptation of the "public questing" introduced by Warhammer Online and already more or less adopted by Rift. The game on the
    Ok, i will try to be as impartial as i can be.

The game itself isn't really SO bad. I can't say it's innovative, anyway.

The game on the first months feeled playable but on the end really empty, you had a various number of things to do to achieve a single thing: lvl80 and achievement points.

What i really don't like about this game is the incredible overrating about it.

Seriously guys, did you even play anything else which wasn't complete crap?

This game is playable, but it's not awesome at all, it's just a mediocre readaptation of things already seen on a lot of different MMOs.

The thing that really makes me angry instead is the fact that EVERYBODY IGNORES that this is actually Not only a Item Mall freemium game (despite having a high retail price) But it's also pay2win, mostly on the beginning.

Is it really sufficient to hide the "money selling" behind a couple of steps you need to do... to make it completely invisible? people doesn't feel like the game is pay2win, they doesn't even seem to notice that is actually possible.

The whole game is full of anti-goldseller mechanics (like not being able to send money throught mail/ no direct trading avaiable) and they state it's because goldsellers spoils the game.

But, OMG, you are doing it!! you are selling golds, how can you say something like that when the only reason for doing that is not wanting to have competitors?

I'm seriously embarassed by a lot of things, several sites state this game as "free 2 play" while they state other games like Path of Exile as "item mall" games, SERIOUSLY?

Are they at least getting money for doing things as ridiculous as this one, i wonder?

By the way this game isn't either good or bad overall, if you force yourself to believe this is the best MMORPG of the moment you can maybe actually get to believe it, hopefully that's not true.

So try to open your eyes and notice that there are many other games offering better things at a lower prices than this one.
  66. Jul 24, 2013
    Guild Wars 2 is an MMO that is not for the average MMO players. If you like grinding mobs, you will be disappointed. If you like grinding quest, you will be disappointed. If you like grinding for god like equipment, you will be disappointed. If you like more endgame grinding to feel like God, boy are you going to be disappointed. In short, if you are looking for old school MMO qualities,Guild Wars 2 is an MMO that is not for the average MMO players. If you like grinding mobs, you will be disappointed. If you like grinding quest, you will be disappointed. If you like grinding for god like equipment, you will be disappointed. If you like more endgame grinding to feel like God, boy are you going to be disappointed. In short, if you are looking for old school MMO qualities, this is -NOT- the game for you. If you are not, welcome to the future.

Guild Wars 2 is the ONLY MMO that allows me to level in multiple ways. To get my exotic equipment in multiple ways. To complete "achievement/task" in multiple ways.

In old school MMO, everyone and every character level up the same way, either grinding quest or grinding mobs. In Guild Wars 2, there are many ways to get yourself to level 80 because everything you do reward you with EXP proportional to your level. You can craft your way to level 80. You can travel the world and explore your way to level 80. You can grind dungeons to level 80. You can join WvW and fight (pvp) your way to level 80. Of course, the gods of grind can even grind themselves to level 80 (I do not recommend this though).

Gears are no different. You can get them from multiple sources. You do not have to rot in certain dungeons to get IMBA gears only to be obsolete come next update. Top tier equipment are equal in power and they can be obtained from multiple sources. If you want to look good (like me), then you will have to play harder to earn the "best" looking skins. (Beauty is in the eye of the beholder)

The art-style in this game is "beautiful" and simply brilliant. Instead of trying to be too realistic or too flamboyant, the entire game looks like a painting, with brush strokes even. This gives the game a unique and lasting visual appeal. I believe it will age very well.

I feel that ArenaNet is sincere in trying to make a revolutionary game and they are financially very generous. You buy the game once and you can enjoy living update every 2 weeks a month for as long as Guild Wars 2 is running. They deserve no less than a 10.

p/s: If you do join us in Guild Wars 2 and find yourself in a rather empty zone, it may not mean that the game has not enough players as some would claim. Unlike -OLD- MMO games, players in Guild Wars 2 do not need to cluster in some quest hub or leveling zone doing the same thing to level. Players are more spread out but you can still find enough of them around world boss spawn points.
  67. Jul 28, 2013
    Absolutely excellent MMO. Great graphics, excellent story lines, variety of classes that are fun to play, constant influx of content, best events in the industry. PvP stands out with both completion based combat, and world conquest. No subscription fee, and micro transactions cannot effect competitive PVP.
  68. Jul 30, 2013
    The game is constantly evolving. The world is changing and ArenaNet is doing something that has never been done before with its 2 week cycle of living game content. Not only does the extend the game past level 80 If you do not care for PvP or WvW), but it also is a genius move by ArenaNet to keep players logging in and buying gems for their store. The game is fresh, and the absence of theThe game is constantly evolving. The world is changing and ArenaNet is doing something that has never been done before with its 2 week cycle of living game content. Not only does the extend the game past level 80 If you do not care for PvP or WvW), but it also is a genius move by ArenaNet to keep players logging in and buying gems for their store. The game is fresh, and the absence of the holy trinity, spawn tagging, and loot steeling has completely quashed any and all player griefing. And if you like griefing...there's always WVW Expand
  69. Jul 30, 2013
    This MMO is the best out of every single one. I logged alot of hours in this game and I just love the secrets puzzles and the BOSS FIGHTS. HAVE YOU SEEN THESE DRAGONS IN ANY OTHER GAMES NO! They are the best boss fights I have encountered. Guild Wars 2 is easily a 10/10
  70. Apr 4, 2014
    Although good, very overrated. If you're looking for the next big MMO, this wont be it. It's a simple distraction which will last you about 200 hours max, which aren't always that fun. It is good value per money if you only account for the play time, although it is quite boring sometimes and if you want good value for your money that you will actually enjoy, just buy a single-player RPG.Although good, very overrated. If you're looking for the next big MMO, this wont be it. It's a simple distraction which will last you about 200 hours max, which aren't always that fun. It is good value per money if you only account for the play time, although it is quite boring sometimes and if you want good value for your money that you will actually enjoy, just buy a single-player RPG. It's overrated, since it's buy-to-play and doesn't require a 15 dollar-per-month subscription, although chances are, you're not going to play past that month anyways. Expand
  71. Oct 22, 2013
    Best game I've ever played.
    Best game I've ever played.
    To be precise I don't like MMO's. But this isn't another grind-centered MMO. It's a first real massive multiplayer RPG, where you have your story, you're making decisions, etc. Plus everything else is great: frequent updates, dungeons, community, even graphics, sounds and music are awesome for the MMO. When someone says that there are quests where you have to kill or gather something, be serious: what other things do you do in most games?
  72. Nov 14, 2013
    Sound: Great voice acting, nice memorable theme soundtrack. 10.

Graphics: Probably the best MMORPG graphics I have seen to date, alongside Rift. 10. Gameplay: This game is much different than your typical MMO. Its quests are all based on areas you walk into. So for example you walk to a farm, you get an objective list that pops up and as you work towards completion it fills a
    Sound: Great voice acting, nice memorable theme soundtrack. 10.

Gameplay: This game is much different than your typical MMO. Its quests are all based on areas you walk into. So for example you walk to a farm, you get an objective list that pops up and as you work towards completion it fills a heart on the map. There are map completions which require you to get certain things such as vistas, viewpoints, and etc., from each continent (which is how you level up). The game also lowers your level if you enter a zone lower than your achieved level. Which balances it out if you want to quest with a lower level friend. Dungeons do the same. The annoying aspect is that you may be a high level and still not be strong enough to finish that dungeon, plus it lowers your level. So it’s an interesting take, but at the same time a con. Samething with questing, after a while it gets way to repetitive but sure it’s like any MMO, but the thing is this games questing grows old on you much quicker. The game updates with special events like Super Adventure Box which pays a homage to classic Nintendo games, and is actually really fun. So overall it’s a great MMO but at the same time there are features you wish were in this game. The whole fact of having no support class really hurts the game (no healers for dungeons). Also, the dungeons are scattered all over the place, and the game could use a tune up for easier access to dungeons (such as ques). Also, there are no mounts what so ever but that’s because you can teleport to areas, but still that’s no excuse. Still a fun game, still worth picking up. 9.

Story: There’s heavy focus on story, it has some interest but that quickly fades away. The way the story is presented could be better. It’s mostly presented in dialog with only a few cutscenes. 7.

Replay Value: Definitely has replay value, it’s got PVP, world VS world (servers on servers), you will still get your money’s worth. 10.

Overall Score: 9.2 out of 10.
  73. Dec 8, 2013
    Fantastic visual look and music. A great atmosphere and feel as you are introduced to the game. Quests well done. The overall setup with the pvp and public events add a level of dynamics that are missing from some other MMOs today. I've been in the midst of trying many different games the past 6 months and this one was one of the best.
  74. Dec 11, 2013
    Just a fantastic MMO,with all new features of the modern MMOs.
    Gameplay one of the best of that kind of games.
    Music, the OST binds with the scenes very well,and its adaptive too
  75. Dec 18, 2013
    Guild Wars 2 is gorgeous, very fun to play and definitely very different to the plethora of other MMO's out there. It is undoubtedly among the best. You are able to jump as well as swim, leading to very interesting ideas such as jumping puzzles and huge explorable underwater areas.

The cons: Skill simplicity and lack of customisation. This is especially apparent after having played

The cons:

Skill simplicity and lack of customisation. This is especially apparent after having played the original guild wars. Having your skillset predetermined by what weapon you are holding feels very restrictive, and ultimately you tire of always using the same skills. I understand that this was done to reduce complexity, but instead there should be a larger set of skills predetermined by your weapon, from within which you select what skills you would like to use. There doesn't have to be many, just enough to give you the freedom to choose your own play style.

Players who play more have access to better gear. This was not the case in the original guild wars, which rewarded extensive gameplay instead with better looking gear, rather than with superior stats.

The lack of skill customisation leads to PvP feeling somewhat restricted. You will immediately know most of the skills that your enemy is about to use against you based on their profession and weapon chioce.
  76. Jan 9, 2014
    This game is still awesome with great graphics and great game play. The intuitive interface is still one of the best. The constant expansions, upgrades, updates etc... keep this game interesting. The satisfying feeling of discovering new areas and new things keeps coming all the time. After one year one notices the growth of the game to maturity. So with the rate te growth is going now,This game is still awesome with great graphics and great game play. The intuitive interface is still one of the best. The constant expansions, upgrades, updates etc... keep this game interesting. The satisfying feeling of discovering new areas and new things keeps coming all the time. After one year one notices the growth of the game to maturity. So with the rate te growth is going now, imagine what the game will be offering next year. Awesomeness I think all over again. The style of the graphics is catching and sucks one into the world of Guild Wars 2. Expand
  77. Jan 21, 2014
    Absolutely incredible. I'm not an MMO guy at all, really. I played WoW, Aion, ERA, The Secret World, SWTOR, all of the cheesy stuff put out by the P2W item mall companies, and this game had something the others did not. It was different. Very different in its presentation. It was gorgeous like TERA, but the
    combat was a little more challenging because you couldn't dodge as much as you
    combat was a little more challenging because you couldn't dodge as much as you wanted. It finally did away with standards set by WoW. There were more options in ways to level, it let newbies PvP as soon as they wanted, and best of all every class could play any role in their own unique ways. That sort of This game is the only reason I do not hate every MMO. Literally, this degree of flexibility is unprecedented in the genre, except maybe by SWG, though I never got to play it.

Being a relatively shy player, getting into a party was a pain in the average MMO, and it was a requirement to progress most of the time since dungeons/raiding is a staple in many if not all MMOs. Which is sad, because the alternative staple is to grind away at generic quests. TERA said its quests would be different, the devs lied. GW2 said it'd be different and they delivered. Sure you could kill stuff most of the time to do quests, but you had other avenues to progress through your quests. The alternate ways to complete quests were often reasonable and creative. Anyway, I digressed, but the dynamic party system is fantastic and puts an end to the kill-stealing of mobs by other players in some of the genre's other games.

The game may be a little P2W, but it is only technically so. You can convert the item mall and in-game currency between each other, allowing paying players to buy in-game items with essentially purchase gold. It's likely a glaring issue to many players, but it doesn't affect PvP or World vs World vs World in meaningful ways, and it doesn't affect the small-scale PvP at all as it uses its own special set of gear in place of your normal gear. In World vs World vs World stats aren't as noticeable because everyone is level 80 while there. Bought gear gives an advantage, but in the midst of 50+ vs 50+ battle, these advantages play a negligible role, which shows when you look at the WvWvW leaderboards. They are usually very close.

I think sour players dislike the game for the wrong reasons. Maybe it's because it isn't a clone of GW? Or WoW? I think they are a minority. I think most people dislike this game because they saw currency conversion and looked no further before quitting/brushing the game off. Maybe they didn't like how they didn't have 100+ skills littering their screen to distract them from the game's beauty. Or how you could join as many guilds as you wanted, but could only represent one at a time. There's also the 'level grind' that doesn't exist. I level fast. I went up twenty levels in a day with WvWvW. The XP rewards scale.

The only downside to this game is the currency conversion. Yes I know I shrugged at it earlier, but for people who gauge success by level(which hardly applies to GW2 outside of gear aesthetic), it can be lame. You can use gems to get gold to get crafting materials, and use the crafting system to max a character and a buy a set of max gear. As far as player interaction goes, this matters very little, as explained earlier.

Kudos to Arena Net/NCSoft for having the courage to take risks and execute them well. May they carry this innovative philosophy on to other games they produce.
  78. Mar 4, 2014
    Best MMORPG so far. The best things in the game that count in score : graphics, background, personal story, living story and dynamic events. Teleportation points, vista, skill points, most jumping puzzles are good choices. We have 8 different class with some special bar per class Dungeons in scenario mode are relatively nice but need a certain level (80) and looking for group interfaceBest MMORPG so far. The best things in the game that count in score : graphics, background, personal story, living story and dynamic events. Teleportation points, vista, skill points, most jumping puzzles are good choices. We have 8 different class with some special bar per class Dungeons in scenario mode are relatively nice but need a certain level (80) and looking for group interface which existed lately. Dungeons in explorer mode is mush difficult and buggy. We can't do all 33 paths. We have also fractals with different levels. More accessible then dungeons at low level between 1 and 10. But after a certain level around 15 it is very difficult.

Pve is far better then pvp. pvp is unbalanced in general, maps smaller then pve and often the same and mush more lag. Their is 2 kinds of pvp : WvW and structured. WvW and structured pvp contributes like pve to the duration of the games. They are complementary. WvW is nice because you have to take castle, garrison, tour, camp in a raid group using siege weapons. Structured pvp is nice because we need to take control of places and need some group tactic. Structured pvp is disappointing because we don't have nice skins affordable for characters.

We have also a lot of activities for players how are bored from fighting.

We can have up to 5 guilds per account. Not limited members. 10 levels of responsibility. Guild craft and missions. Need to represents a guild to chat with every member

Game play : 8/10, graphics : 8/10, back ground : 8/10, lifetime : 8/10, sound : 8/10, community : 7/10, world : 8/10,

personal story : 8/10, dynamic events : 8/10, living story : 7/10, normal pve : 8/10, jumping puzzles : 7/10,

vistas : 7/10, teleportation points : 7/10, remarkable sites : 7/10, skill points : 6,5/10,
    yellow hearts : 5/10, achievements : 7/10

fractals : 6/10, mini-dungeons (Vexa Lab, etc...) : 6/10, dungeons in scenario mode : 6/10, dungeons in exploration mode : 5/10,

edge of the mists (WvW) : 7/10, wars of the mists (WvW) : 6/10, heart of the mists (structured pvp) : 6/10, activities : 5-6/10

craft : 7/10, trade (auction house) : 7/10, character customization : 6/10,

races : 7/10, classes : 7/10, mini-pets : 7/10, pets (ranger) : 7/10

skills : 6/10, attributes : 6/10, fights : 5/10,

titles : 5/10, guilds : 5/10,

swim : 7/10, jump : 6/10, dive : 6/10, climb : 6/10, dodge : 6/10
  79. Feb 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Better than TOR, The Secret World, and TERA, all things considered.
    I've been purchasing every major MMO release this year and have left extremely disappointed each time. I would log in, see "kill X and Y", do the standard number mashing combat that you find in every MMO, and end up unsubscribing. I did try to give these games my all and see if I could break past the tedium, but I could not.
  80. Feb 23, 2014
    This game is as a welcomed change from all the other MMORPGs on the market. It's not like LOTRO where you have to pay for any kind of additional content (you can buy cosmetics as stuff like that, but that won't give you an advantage over other players). It will completely change your view on all MMORPGS and they bring out new content every two weeks which is amazing since you don't pay aThis game is as a welcomed change from all the other MMORPGs on the market. It's not like LOTRO where you have to pay for any kind of additional content (you can buy cosmetics as stuff like that, but that won't give you an advantage over other players). It will completely change your view on all MMORPGS and they bring out new content every two weeks which is amazing since you don't pay a monthly subscription.
    Overall it's a great game where you get an unbelievable amount of content for your money.
  81. Feb 24, 2014
    Очень хорошая игра, если вам надоели бесконечные квесты варкрафта, незаурядное вырезание пяти тысяч монстров в л2 - это ира для вас. Отличная графика, хорошая физика, интересная история у каждой расы, осады в режиме пвп, открытые ворлд боссы, тысячи рандомных событий в мире и многое другое. 9 из 10. Поставил бы десятку, но для меня шалит пинг на Eu регионе, ну и нет ру-локалицазии :)Очень хорошая игра, если вам надоели бесконечные квесты варкрафта, незаурядное вырезание пяти тысяч монстров в л2 - это ира для вас. Отличная графика, хорошая физика, интересная история у каждой расы, осады в режиме пвп, открытые ворлд боссы, тысячи рандомных событий в мире и многое другое. 9 из 10. Поставил бы десятку, но для меня шалит пинг на Eu регионе, ну и нет ру-локалицазии :)
  82. EMG
    Feb 25, 2014
    By far the best MMO I have ever have the joy of playing, Guild Wars 2 never fails to impress whether your fighting a world boss, going on a raid with 50 or so other players, exploring the vast detailed polished world of Tyria or even the very well made and addicting WVW/PVP game play which adds the competitive play to GW2. All in all the game feels smooth and easy to get used to while alsoBy far the best MMO I have ever have the joy of playing, Guild Wars 2 never fails to impress whether your fighting a world boss, going on a raid with 50 or so other players, exploring the vast detailed polished world of Tyria or even the very well made and addicting WVW/PVP game play which adds the competitive play to GW2. All in all the game feels smooth and easy to get used to while also taking skill and patience in other areas of the game at later levels. The constant monthly living world updates also leave more to do after the end game or reaching the final level. 10/10 Expand
  83. Apr 15, 2014
    While many praise the "buy to play" and no subscription fee system (and perhaps rightly so), that has little if anything to do with whether or not Guild Wars 2 is a good game. Putting aside the advantages of a non-subscription MMO, I found Guild Wars 2 a bit tired and lacking in inspiration. There was much to like about the technical aspects of the game, but the questing and gameplay didWhile many praise the "buy to play" and no subscription fee system (and perhaps rightly so), that has little if anything to do with whether or not Guild Wars 2 is a good game. Putting aside the advantages of a non-subscription MMO, I found Guild Wars 2 a bit tired and lacking in inspiration. There was much to like about the technical aspects of the game, but the questing and gameplay did not hang together in an engaging way, leaving me wondering why I would want to log-in. While Guild Wars 2 is not a bad game, it is a thoroughly bland one. It's questing and story are unappealing compared to games like Star Wars: The Old Republic or Elder Scrolls Online, and for me, the combat game play did not hold up favorably to ESO either. The game may not require a subscription fee, but I did find myself regretting the purchase price of the game. I simply can't recommend Guild Wars 2. Expand
  84. Jul 30, 2014
    I have probably wasted WAAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH TIME (and i mean waaaaaaaay!!!) into this game but i've been ignorant enough to ignore many of the glaring issues for sooo long (as have maaaany others)

what SUXX! about gw2 dungeons are terrible! - barely any challenge - most boss fights can be abused (e.g. standing max range and autohitting so the boss will NEVER hit you) Apex predator

what SUXX! about gw2

Apex predator builds/classes - PVE in this game is legitly ONLY for warriors as they can do everything the best - speedrunners go with 5 warriors with copycat builds. Conditions (one of the damage mechanics) are worthless in PVE becuase there is a very small max cap of condis a boss can have on him at any point in time which makes more than 1 condi class instantly worthless (besides conditions being generally inferior to warrior damage) (did i mention this game has open world mass events with 50+ players humping 1 boss? yea pretty much 10 useless condi players who just stand there afk)

SOLO STORY MMO CONTENT CREATION - seriously Arenanet is not adding any MMO content (like more group instances or anything multiplayer really..) but is actually adding SINGLEPLAYER STORY CONTENT?? WAT? it's a MMO?

MASSIVE BUGS THAT STILL EXIST AFTER 2 YEARS!!!!! In explicit there is a bug that will cause you to get stuck in place unless you use an emote - this happens randomly when removing conditions or using a "stunbreaker" (this happens in pvp and bossfights)

ANOTHER MASSIVE BUG THAT IS STILL HERE 2 YEARS AFTER RELEASE! Basically the netcode for gw2 isnt very good and if you use any skill that causes knockback or pushback on your opponent there is a pretty good chance that the visible character model of your opponent will just randomly teleport around to its initial location even though the actual HITBOX of the player has been knocked back - this is ESPECIALLY annoying as it can happen right at the time when you kill somebody causing the opponents "downed " body (which you need to "stomp" to finish him off) to be shown somewhere else than the hitbox making the downed player UNSTOMPABLE!

2 YEARS of nothing but tooltip fixes - literally if you look up the patchnotes for the past 2 years its nothing but "added skillfact in description"

NO ENDGAME (literally nothing no raids NOTHING) - there is actually a "funny" 60 minute video of a guy from death and taxes standing around afk with glowing armor titled "Gw2 endgame" . The horrible thing is that this pretty much sums up gw2 endgame.

the WORST most random skillless pvp map ever created that has to this day not been removed from ranked pvp even though the official forums have insane long threads of people asking to remove this map from ranked (just search Skyhammer on gw2 forum you will understand why..)

WORST pvp balance i have ever seen (and i have seen S4 Restodruids!) Pretty much the entire pvp is knowing what builds/classes you autowin on your build/class. Especially necro vs engineer matchup is so broken that an extremely low tier necro player can still beat top engineer players without ANY effort. Also roamer thieves can perma evade (which actually allows them to be TANKS!) + have the highest mobility in the game + highest burst

overall just the WORST development/balancing team i have ever seen. Honestly i can hardly think of any decision the developers have made in the past 2 years that wasnt extremely dumb.(Let me give an example - they actually had a "PvP community coordinator" (of course a woman) who not only didnt play pvp (she was rank 18 after 1 year - as comparison its possible to get rank 10 after 1 day of playing only pvp) and who claimed on the forums that "the forums dont represent the opinion of pvpers - so basically she wasnt playing pvp and interacting with players nor was she taking anything serious that was said on the official forums so what good was this "PvP community coordinator"? i really dont know but thats the kind of people Arenanet keeps employed for their game.

Overall its really just 2 years of frustration and waiting for fixes/changes that still arent in the game. (Arenanets comment: soon! - apparently soon = 2+++ years )

I would give the game 2 points because the leveling experience was nice... BUT I CANT! THEY FIXED LEVELING! turned it into a horrible horrible grind having to farm every damn trait/skill in the game. This change was made when the game was released in asia (*cough asia grinder*) but the complete amount of its **** was also introduced to NA and EU servers.
  85. May 5, 2014
    This game wins in that I didn't find it frustrating to play most of the time. However, I was greatly let down by it's character story and it's rather Meh PvP.

That being said, I don't regret a minute I played in this game. Very solid game.
  86. Jul 4, 2014
    Good Game Unless you consider the Poor customer support you will receive if you quit playing for more than two months and forget things. I've just lost my account because customer support refused to help me even though i provided them with my receipt, my serial, and other useful information i could remember. Their response was: "After researching the provided information, we will not beGood Game Unless you consider the Poor customer support you will receive if you quit playing for more than two months and forget things. I've just lost my account because customer support refused to help me even though i provided them with my receipt, my serial, and other useful information i could remember. Their response was: "After researching the provided information, we will not be able to assist you with accessing this account." They even claimed the email I was using wasn't listed in the account when I had an old email as proof that it was They just auto replied that they won't help. Yep, Play at your own risk. You'll probably waste all your money. Don't expect their support to help you do anything when you have log in trouble. Expand
  87. Jul 16, 2014
    This is a game a really wanted to like and I did give it a good six months. It has beautiful character models, an fun combat system, a non-gear based pvp system, and dynamic content (DC). The latter, DC, is what really got my attention, and is, in fact, what the publisher hyped about the game.

Other things are interesting too, from the little (account wide banks and currency) to the big, especially the hub-free questing.

Yet, somehow, for me, the whole is much less than the sum of its parts. I did enjoy maxing out a few characters and exploring the world. But after all, it just seemed a bit stale. The DC is quite weak in the end, much less interesting to me than RIFT's DC. The questing gets tedious and, quest-granting method aside, is still the same old kill-this/fetch that.

Maybe they fixed this in the last few months but when I left, many folks were doing a very dull zone boss spawn loop in the starting zones collecting goodies. It was quick, it was efficient, and it was terribly boring. It's also a travesty of dynamic content: yes you had to wait for a boss to spawn but they spawned in the exact same order. No variation in timing or bosses.

Pre-launch they promised that your actions would affect the world. If those in zone don't stop the bandits poisoning the water supply, it remains poisoned. Trouble is, while sometimes it does get poisoned, it doesn't really have any effect and more typically, if an event fails, you just immediately go to the next "fix it" step in the chain, essentially getting a slightly longer version of the quest.

PVP was fun for a while and I think the cosmetic gear only rewards is interesting but A) why couldn't I wear this gear as town-wear so I could show it off outside of PVP and B) after level 30 or so, there was 50 or more levels of grind before there was any more gear I was interested in.

In the end, I just got bored with it. I do sometimes pine for those gorgeous character models and sexy gear but when I pop on again after the publisher sends me their latest hook, I feel the same distaste for the game that I felt for WoW after playing it for three years solid. I just can't face the tedium. There's too little to hold my attention.

Most of the gamers I know are the same way- fun for a while but easy to move on to something else. So if you can get it cheap, I think you can expect a few months of play out of it but don't be surprised if it does not hold your long term interest.
  88. Aug 10, 2014
    First of, this game has an amazing potential with it's innovative action-based combat system and awesome PvE. From the moment you create your character you get to know the main mechanics of the game and of your class. The classes give you big variety and a lot to choose from.
    From level 1 to 80 the game is amazing, lots of exploration, a nice way of telling you the plot and making your character progress through that plot. The exp rate is high making it a smooth expirience and not focusing a lot on repetitive grinding quests. The new dynamic events are pretty good however could be better. You can easily reach lvl cap (80) in about a month and from that moment on the game just goes downhill.
    After you hit lvl cap the game turns into a gigantic grind fest, with everything in the game consisting of mindlessly zerging around certain zones and that's it. The PvE after reaching lvl 80 is all that, there is no character progression everything you do is grind grind and grind for a hope of better skins, you have no objectives nor rewards for doing better or poorly at certain situations. There are a few dungeons (about 5) in the entire game, which are pretty decent but that get pretty repetitive and boring after a while with no enemy mechanics other than: "Dodge or Die/Get Knocked Back into a Hole".
    The game population has been decreasing a LOT with the bad decisions and back feedback of the devs that seem to let everyone confused. Dubious the development paths being taken day after day, the developers seem to ignore most of the requests on the forums and just do their own thing.
    The PVP and WvW is a mess (even tho it's still probably the best PvP MMORPG game), with certain classes just being dominant in every aspect and other classes just being completly irrelevant since day 1 of this game.
    The lack of patches to focus on balancing classes just lead to classes such as Warrior being dominant both in PvE and PvP with no one to ever representing any kind of challenge to them and other classes (eg Ranger) being so weak that it doesn't justify having any of them in any part of the game.
    The lack of holy trinity (Healer, Tank, DPSer) instead of leading to everyone feel useful just leads to everyone feeling useless and easily replacable and just leads to not justifying any build other than full-DPS.
    Overall the game represents no challenge at any point, badly balanced (leading to a bad WvW / sPvP expirience), with little to no-content being added and dubious development paths being taken over and over again.
    If you are looking for maybe a month or so of content, go ahead, otherwise you will be very quickly hit in the face by boring and monotonous events.
  89. Nov 15, 2014
    I have a little over 1000 hours into GW2 and I really enjoy it.
    The only real complaint I have is with the devs.
    The game just isn't growing the way it really should. They've added 2, maybe 3, new PvE areas and a new World vs World vs World area since release. They've added a lot of cosmetic items and items to craft, but I wouldn't call that something that all players could enjoy.
    I have a little over 1000 hours into GW2 and I really enjoy it.
    The only real complaint I have is with the devs.
    The game just isn't growing the way it really should.
    Wheres the new dungeons, the new classes, the new PvP maps??
    The combat for PvP is great, its mostly based on your timing so its fairly rewarding and doesn't stale too easily...Except you play the same handful of maps.
    PvE combat isn't too good, the first few hundred hours are exciting, but then the flare goes away and it becomes a bit boring. You run dungeons for gold, but there is little to no challenge anymore. Open world content is equally easy. There are ways to challenge yourself, like soloing a dungeon , but its not really supported. No achievements from it, no loot bonus, much slower than a full group which is easy to find.

Given the cost, I would encourage everyone to atleast try GW2. The cheaper heroic version is good enough. the extra $20 for the deluxe edition has very little impact on your gameplay.
  90. Nov 24, 2014
    Overall one of the more solid MMO's i have played.

positives: 1) good graphics 2) fluid combat. 3) events are fun 4) plenty of end game content 5) up front cost then f2p...and f2p to the extent that all the people who poor massive amounts of money into the game don't have a massive advantage over those that don't. 6) free update content. i don't have to pay for my
    Overall one of the more solid MMO's i have played.

positives:

1) good graphics

2) fluid combat.

3) events are fun

4) plenty of end game content

6) free update content. i don't have to pay for my expansions they are just provided (though the expansions should not be compared to WoW).

negatives:

1) it is an MMO and it doesn't shy away from grinding, but in ways this is inherent to all MMO's

2) the story is blah. though i should say the personal story/main story in blah. the living/seasons story is much better though still not extraordinary, i have to remind myself though that this is an MMO.
  91. Nov 27, 2014
    Game Support is **** I buy the game download it. First time to log in. "Account has been suspended" Like WTF? Try to contact support but guess what.. no telephone number. This company is **** and this game is **** DO NOT BUY
  92. Mar 31, 2013
    As a great fan of Guild Wars i set myself to purchase this game as soon as it was released. I was not (too much) disappointed, its a great game, and a must have in for any MMO players. Go ahead, buy it, its worth it.

Why an 7 then? Well, despite being a great game, its not perfect. And its definitely not the experience i was expecting since i played for like almost 7 year of Guild Wars. Let me do this in topics of Pos and Cons.

Pos:
    - Gorgeous Graphics. Certainly a very good upgrade.
    - Free group questing, If you are in the are with more random players, everyone contributes for that same quest.
    - 5 distinct and interesting races. (personally i never had any issue of having a full human race on GW)
    - Weapon and skills mechanic. Each weapon gives you a set of skill based on which hand its equipped. 3 skills for main hand, 2 for off hand. All 5 for a 2H weapon.
    - Dedicated skill slots. 1 for healing skill, 3 for support skills, 1 for an elite skill.
    - The removal of the "healer stress". Since everyone must have a healing skill, its up to you to make your own survival.
    - The last stand mechanic. Which allow you to get back into the battle after you have been defeated if you kill 1 enemy before the timer goes down.
    - The still rich lore.

Cons:
    - Lost its originality, compared to the original GW. Its just your regular MMO now.
    - Old mechanics. Dungeons. Elite Mobs. Auction House. Regular "collect X", "kill Y" and such quests.
    - Instant travel now costs gold, compared to the free travel of the original GW.
    - Skill limitation. I loved to mess around with the enormous quantity of skills of GW, now classes like Engineer are limited to like 3-4 weapon sets.
    - Dual class system was removed.
    - Special class traits where removed. No more get energy with each dead enemy for necromancer, and such.
    - Some classes where removed. Hope they get back on an expansion or so.
    - Loss of tactical action. Since Monk was removed and everyone can heal themselves, you consider each class as a DPS. Just spam attack skills.

There are some other things that where added that in my opinion bring nothing to the game:
    - Pseudo durability system. Pointless
    - Jumping key. Sorry, i think this was a huge fan service, i think its pointless to have it compared to GW, i liked the fact i could use the space bar to do focused actions and not jump.
    - The complete loss of character customization, where you had a complete different set of faces and hairs for each class (and campaign) in GW, now its just same sets for each race, leaving you probably recycling the same face/hair for many characters.
    - No more skill hunting. You get a weapon, you use it to train the skills, that's done.
    - Amped up level cap. Why? I loved the fact level cap was only 20 in GW, and the real game started from there on, where enemies got stronger and above that level cap. (lvl 31 Dragon Glint anyone?)

Bottom line, Guild Wars 2 is a great game, but lost the Guild Wars originality and became mainstream. If you like WoW or SW TOR you will like this game, if you loved Guild Wars, you might get a bit disappointed with this new installment. Let's hope new expansion will make things different.
  93. Apr 25, 2014
    I bought GW2 on a friend's recommendation. After playing for a few hours I got used to certain controls - mostly for skills 1 to 5 (pressing 1 to 5). So I log in again tonight and it has swapped around the order of my skills & it's impossible to customise (I've searched on the web). For no logical reason that I can think of. I now have to re-learn all of the controls for no reasonI bought GW2 on a friend's recommendation. After playing for a few hours I got used to certain controls - mostly for skills 1 to 5 (pressing 1 to 5). So I log in again tonight and it has swapped around the order of my skills & it's impossible to customise (I've searched on the web). For no logical reason that I can think of. I now have to re-learn all of the controls for no reason because it has swapped around the skill order randomly. Anyway - if you are new and considering giving this a go - avoid. Expand
  94. Jul 13, 2014
    Not the groundbreaking, revolutionary game we were promised, but great nonetheless. This game combines the best features from other games, and adds its own flavour, making it even better. It's not as good as its claiming to be, but one of the best choices right now anyway. It does at times tend to feel like a singleplayer RPG though, so find a group to play with and you should be fine.
  95. Feb 3, 2013
    I bought the game during the holiday sales and leveled a warrior to level 80. I completed the personal story, and did a bit of everything else- sPvP, Fractals, WvW. There are many casual/ solo friendly features of the game that make it a great "B2P" game to pick up and play through. The production value is high, and the game looks good and runs well. However, as I continued to log in andI bought the game during the holiday sales and leveled a warrior to level 80. I completed the personal story, and did a bit of everything else- sPvP, Fractals, WvW. There are many casual/ solo friendly features of the game that make it a great "B2P" game to pick up and play through. The production value is high, and the game looks good and runs well. However, as I continued to log in and play with my level 80 character, I started to feel the impact of the design decisions Anet continues to make that are aimed at herding players toward the TP/ Gem Store. In spite of the famous "no grind" manifesto policy, each of the areas of the game presented me with some sort of time/ gold sink, including the infamous "DR" that prompts so much conspiracy discussion. For every inconvenience the game presents, there is a solution that can be purchased in the gem store. It is a delicate balancing act, and GW2 will continue to run the risk of losing players when the obvious F2P greed drives away customers- like myself. I decided I got my money's worth out of my one play through. The fun of playing the game was not worth the time and effort for me, and I personally will not start buying gems/ gold in order to enjoy the game. I would rather pay a sub or full price for expansions than get continually nickel and dimed to ride all the rides. Still a good game, but I am not going to keep throwing money at it. Expand
  96. Jun 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Graphics are pretty, but that's all. Combat is rubbish, especially for classes that require close combat. Enemy targeting and camera positioning is such an excruciating pain to manage, and often gets your character killed, because you are either targeting the wrong NPC and aggroing something you didn't intend to, or because the NPCs kill you faster than you can turn your camera around to target them. Preset skills based on the weapon of choice really doesn't work at all. It limits your choices and force you to stick with skills you don't enjoy using and/or don't fit in with your playstyle. I like to pick up my own skills, than you very much. Scaling your character down to enemy/area level is also a very bad idea, because when you go to a lower level area you'll always have your posterior kicked hard, no matter what your level is. Now crafting is a chapter apart: unless you are multi-billionaire and can afford spending large amounts of in-game cash only in materials, then you better forget it. Why do MMO developers have to make crafting so difficult and unrewarding is beyond my comprehension. Overall, for nerds who just want something difficult for the sake of difficulty, either because they are bored with life and have got nothing else better to do with their time, this game is a feast. For people like me, who want to enjoy something challenging but at the same time rewarding, we are better off playing something else. After all, I play games to relieve stress, not to increase it. Expand
  97. May 8, 2014
    This game is a bad joke, ultra unbalanced, buggy and, behind its fake complexity, is easy as hell (easy to learn easy to master). There are multiple modes, PvP, PvE and WvW. The fighting system, the bugs, the exploits and the unbalance and many many more issues makes this game a waste of time.

PVP is a shapeless entity, I cant call it another way. It is BROKEN and FORGOTTEN by the dev. Is a arcade mode of the game where all players get a gear with the same value. Hot join is HORRIBLE and frustrating (you random join against other players, like in many other games, like Counter-Strike, but here is TERRIBLE. If you want not to hot-join you can create custom servers but that will cost you and is not better). The main tactics is to exploit the huge number of bugs or to random spam spells (conditions) without any tactics and than run around or to cripple the enemy ability to play by stunning them or pushing them around and stuff like that. There are classes that can win easy against other classes so if you have the wrong class YOU ARE DEAD and that was not intended by Arena Net, they wanted to make all the classes equal but they have failed. There is a unbelievable limited number of character builds that you can make, you can make 99999 but only 3-5 that work for each character (you can find the examples on internet, just copy/paste them, you can not invent anything new and if you will make your own build the build will be the same as a build from the internet or it will not work), all the other builds are totally useless. Another huge problem are the skill cool downs, stun durations, etc. Makes the fights really slow, you will have to use skills that you dont have to use at that moment just to do something not to get bored.

PvE is a boring farming mode for the retards. Make quests, kill mobs, wanking around, etc. Too bad that the loot was nerfed a while back and never recovered so prepare your wallet if you want to build a better gear or to wear a fancy armor (or buy gold from the 3rd party parasite bots that spam you with offers all the time). You can also complete dungeons which where interesting before I have found out so many exploits, you just have to use the known bugs to win easy. Has nothing to do with skill or team work, just know the bug - use the bug - get the prize - start over until you get old. (a totally waste of time, just play solitaire, a time well spend compared to the PvE)

WvW is another example of how unbalanced this game can be. On this mode 3 servers will fight between each other on 4 dedicated maps. You will have to team up with others and conquer towers, keeps, etc. WvW is the most interesting part of the game but IS BROKEN AS WELL. Is totally unbalanced, all the 3 concurrent servers have a different amount of players so everything is about the number of players. If your servers play against a bigger servers all you have to do is stay in the base or die. There is nothing you can do but just wait a entire week and hope that you will fight against a lower populated server. If you are not lucky than you will have to wait another week.... and so on. But if you fight against a smaller server than, again, is not fun because you have no one to kill. WvW is a big mess as well. Usually players form a group called a "zerg" and follow a commander. The group with more players win so is all about numbers. Is not like on StarCraft where you could win against 4 other players if you played well. Here if you are outnumbered, even though you may have a group with better players, YOU LOSE. At such a huge number of players skills does not matter much. Commanding is also a mess because if you talk to much you get suppressed (you are unable to use the chat). The zerg will start to wonder why the hell you don't say anything because they expect you to say something :D. That is why I have stopped commanding. You can use 3rd party tools like Team Speak but many players don't want to install it so you have to use the official game chat. Some players prefer to roam (go into small groups) which is more fun than just following a huge group of brain dead noobs. But roaming also has issues, all the PvP issues + the unbalance between the gear. In WvW everybody can have a gear with a different value than on PvP. Usually roaming is risky because this game is full of thiefs, they can attack with huge damage while they are invisible and run and regenerate and than attack you again. Thiefs can be invisible the whole battle except 3 seconds every 15 seconds (that depends of the thief's skill, most of them are good :D).

Overall, the main concept was brilliant but everything went terrible wrong and this game, the way it is right now, is a big mess. There are no fair fights, the skill of a player is not important only the build of your character that you can copy/paste it from the net. Bugs, glitches, exploits etc but the main problem is still the spell spam, the combat system and all the balance issues.
  98. Nov 1, 2013
    I'm not one for long, drawn-out reviews, so I'll keep it short and sweet. Every MMO I've tried in the past e.g. Star Wars: TOR and WoW, bored me tears within the first 30 minutes. I really didn't understand why people played MMOs, until I tried GW2. This game is crazy fun, and it runs really well. I'm thoroughly enjoying GW2. To me, GW2 feels like if Torchlight 2 (one of my favorite gamesI'm not one for long, drawn-out reviews, so I'll keep it short and sweet. Every MMO I've tried in the past e.g. Star Wars: TOR and WoW, bored me tears within the first 30 minutes. I really didn't understand why people played MMOs, until I tried GW2. This game is crazy fun, and it runs really well. I'm thoroughly enjoying GW2. To me, GW2 feels like if Torchlight 2 (one of my favorite games of all-time) and Skyrim had a baby.

I would advise to have a decent CPU and GPU for this game, and at least 8 GB of RAM. I'm running a FX-4100 (overclocked to 4.4GHz) and a EVGA GTX 560 non-Ti (overclocked to a superclocked version of my card). I get 40-60fps most places, almost maxed out, but I need to turn off shadows and reflections for boss fights or WvW. Next step, FX-8350 and maybe an AMD 7950 or GTX-670.
  99. Jun 9, 2014
    This game should have two reviews, one pre-megaserver and one post it.
    The pre-megaserver game was great. It had servers with their own communities and faces that you will most likely recognize. It also bolster the World V World population by how easy it is for guilds to recruit.
    Each server/world has their own pride, much like a nation. And it was very easy to organize guild events.
    This game should have two reviews, one pre-megaserver and one post it.
    ---------------------------------
    With the advent of the megaserver, everything I mentioned above were destroyed.
    Everyone now pve in one server which feels very bad to me because it's like helping your enemies in WvW get items/gold which they will use against you in WvW. What a stupid concept. Before this patch you know at least that most of the people you're helping on events were your own server pop with a few guests, now it's just mostly strangers. It's like taking a road trip, but instead of going with friends you pickup unknown peeps.------------------------------

Now, the only people that would like gw2 is newbies who didn't know about the pre-patch gw2. It's like Anet deliberately culled the veteran population of gw2 so they could appease the casual newbie players(newbies who will realize later on that there is now no meaningful endgame content). ------------------------

I don't know what anet is thinking. Besides, vets are the ones most likely to spend real money in the gem store. The only money they'll get from casual/newbie players are the game initial purchase. If it is their plan to gain short term money instead of guaranteed long term then it's probably an indicator that gw2 won't last much longer, and they're trying to get as much money before bailing out.---------------------------

This is why I'm leary of Wildstar too. The same publisher(NCSoft) in gw2 manages wildstar. It's easy for me to think that what changed the gw2 into a megaserver is a financial decision(so they would incur less bandwidth). And I have a nagging suspicion that NCsoft has a hand in that. If that's the case then what would NCsoft do in wildstar that changes game mechanics so much like the gw2 megablunder.
    ---------------------------------------
    I gave a 5(average) for the review because it is now just one of the one world generic mmo out there.
  100. Sep 12, 2014
    Awesome MMO with Gorgeous art work worth every cent, the only thing that bother's me about the game is lack of pvp content and laggy World vs World. The content they add is always just dungeons which is a bore for me i'm a PvP fan all the way. They mix up the way you quest which is nice instead of pick up here return here its just go to area kill and completed.The fighting mechanics areAwesome MMO with Gorgeous art work worth every cent, the only thing that bother's me about the game is lack of pvp content and laggy World vs World. The content they add is always just dungeons which is a bore for me i'm a PvP fan all the way. They mix up the way you quest which is nice instead of pick up here return here its just go to area kill and completed.The fighting mechanics are the best of any MMO I have played and I have played a lot unlike wow you don't fall asleep doing low lvl dungeons. The cash shop is also pretty sweet you can buy everything with in game gold so you dont half to waste a penny if you love the game and play enough.

Worth $50
  101. Sep 10, 2013
    I don't like MMORPG's. But I do like RPG's. And I see Guild Wars 2 more as a RPG than a MMORPG. The gameplay is perfect. No Quests that go like this: "Kill X and bring Y to Z". They all just Pop up and if you dont do them, some other guys do.
    The graphics are awesome, too. The music is made by Jeremy Soule, who also made the music for Skyrim. The sound-effects are really good, too!
    I
    I highly recommend this game! Buy it!

2. Jan 2, 2013