• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Oct 26, 2006
8.6

1. May 26, 2014
    The best GW has to offer right here. You get an awesome new continent with a great story. New heroes, skills, and titles that you get gameplay bonuses for leveling up. Highly recommended.
  2. Mar 5, 2014
    Nice like Prophecies and Factions. Introducing heroes. New continent Elona. pve not as good as previous ones. Final fights against Khilbron, Shiro and Abbadon.

Game play : 6/10, Graphics : 6,5/10, Back Ground : 7/10, lifetime : 6/10, sound : 7/10, community : 6/10, world : 6/10
  3. Feb 19, 2012
    Yet again ArenaNet shows they can make a quality mmo, or in this case and campaign addition to an already great product! With a whole new continent, a very large one I should say, and even more classes, this is an absolute must!
  4. Oct 26, 2010
    This game has single-handedly killed the guild wars franchise. Before this, PvP was balanced, interesting, and a lot of skilled people played it. Now, PvP is just a bunch of PvE noobs spamming 1-2-3 on their keyboard. Unless repeatedly pressing 1-2-3 on your keyboard is a challenge for you, don't buy this game for its PvP. The only thing left to do in this game is grind PvE, but if yourThis game has single-handedly killed the guild wars franchise. Before this, PvP was balanced, interesting, and a lot of skilled people played it. Now, PvP is just a bunch of PvE noobs spamming 1-2-3 on their keyboard. Unless repeatedly pressing 1-2-3 on your keyboard is a challenge for you, don't buy this game for its PvP. The only thing left to do in this game is grind PvE, but if your intellect is so low you actually enjoy that, there are far better alternatives. Expand
  5. anonymousanonymous
    Jul 30, 2008
    this is by far the best game i have ever played from the corsair to abbadon this game was the best in the series and i give it a perfect ten the challenge and time needed to complete it is what makes it so great and the armor and skills makes this game the best game I say this is better than world of warcraft halo half life and many more things combined for no monthly fees an actualthis is by far the best game i have ever played from the corsair to abbadon this game was the best in the series and i give it a perfect ten the challenge and time needed to complete it is what makes it so great and the armor and skills makes this game the best game I say this is better than world of warcraft halo half life and many more things combined for no monthly fees an actual storyline (unlike that stupid world of warcraft) and a point in playing such as an awesome storyline and the best ending in all of the guild wars games!! buy this game or be bored for the rest of your life and please do not look up the ending on youtube it ruins the point of playing through!! Expand
  6. anticitizen
    Jun 29, 2007
    Imagine a 3D chat enviroment like Moove. Then imagine Dungeon Siege. Blend both, and you have Guild Wars - Nightfall. Sounds like a good idea? Read on. I can't begin to express my disapointment in this game. The flatter this game got is seriously exaggerated or the people playing it aren't really that demanding over their hard earned cash. The graphics are seriously poor, they Imagine a 3D chat enviroment like Moove. Then imagine Dungeon Siege. Blend both, and you have Guild Wars - Nightfall. Sounds like a good idea? Read on. I can't begin to express my disapointment in this game. The flatter this game got is seriously exaggerated or the people playing it aren't really that demanding over their hard earned cash. The graphics are seriously poor, they are either not-cohesive with the background and they are also awkwardly animated. The user interface is at best cluttered and confusing. Even though it is highly custom friendly it looks like something from the Dungeon Siege 2 programmer's scratch board, where, by the way, this game goes alot for looks inspiration; the looting system and AI henchmen/hero wink the eye at it. On that, the henchmen and hero's sound like a great idea at first but, again, it works against it. It makes pve too easy. Most times you will just run amock and mayheming stuff while your artificial buddies heal and join you in the over easy slaughter. Not a real challange. The sound is decent, the theme music is catchy and appropriate, the voices feel forced and over acted. The intros feel unfinished. The whole thing looks forcefully glued together. The plot is irrelevant, you don't really feel compeled to know what's happening, you just move on and kill things, you don't really get a sense of depth. Instant travelling, althought like a great idea, doesn't help any. They obviously want you to get to full level asap so you can join the game's greatest strengtht. PVP. And well, if you like pvp there are probably a ton of other games that cover that. No wonder they arent giving out free trials. If I was a publisher that had a monthly free game that played like this, I would too try to hide it from customers before they could at least purchase the trial keys. The upside: No fee's, highly customable, instant full lvl for pvp bliss. There's less grinding compared to other online RPG's... except I don't think most people play that long to care. The downside: Gameplay is clumsy as well as clumsy and unfinished looks with a confusing UI, no real sense of immersion, looks and plays like an average shareware budget game with a full retail price. Conclusion: If you are still curious and tempted to get the game (like I was) don't let the "free monthly fee" be the only reason since that is only a major selling point if you DO endup playing the game often. There are other choices with no monthly fee's that are much more enjoyable than this game. Even an old school title like DS2, which undoubtly served as an inspiration for this game, would prove more fun. Expand
  7. RichS.
    May 29, 2007
    The PvE is awful. It's slow and very uninteresting. Lots of boring collect 'X' amount of this and bring it back or kill 5 groups of 'X' and come back for a reward. NO QUESTION, It's very crappy compared to Prophecies. I bought it thinking it would be half-way decent but I was wrong. PvP is the same as ever, always fun, but the PvE kills it when you have to The PvE is awful. It's slow and very uninteresting. Lots of boring collect 'X' amount of this and bring it back or kill 5 groups of 'X' and come back for a reward. NO QUESTION, It's very crappy compared to Prophecies. I bought it thinking it would be half-way decent but I was wrong. PvP is the same as ever, always fun, but the PvE kills it when you have to buy skills rather than learn them by quest like in Prophecies. It blows Factions out of the water and it still gets a 1, that just shows you how bad Factions was/is. If you're into the game mainly for PvE (like I was) then don't waste your time, but if you're into it for PvP and unlocking things through PvP then the game isn't half bad. Expand
    May 27, 2007
    No where near as good as the previous games. I could only play the campaign through once with getting bored and leaving the rest of my characters half way through. Its basically do this mission, run here, do this mission, run there.
  9. RossA.
    Feb 18, 2007
    This game provides the whole spectrum of game players (casual, hardcore, competitive) something to enjoy. That being said, this game is fairly difficult without having played the other campaigns and gathered some experience/skills (though it does a better job of being a stand-alone than Factions). Overall, a game with far more pros than cons. Pick this one up if you are interested in a This game provides the whole spectrum of game players (casual, hardcore, competitive) something to enjoy. That being said, this game is fairly difficult without having played the other campaigns and gathered some experience/skills (though it does a better job of being a stand-alone than Factions). Overall, a game with far more pros than cons. Pick this one up if you are interested in a very diverse RPG focused on strategy as opposed to mindless grinding. Expand
  10. PhilipL.
    Dec 11, 2006
    I hoped this was better than Factions and an equivalent of the Profecies... But I was wrong, this stand alone-expansion is indeed better than Factions and even better than the original! Nice as a stand alone, but I think when you have the 3 sets now, you'll be more happy.
  11. YingT.
    Dec 8, 2006
    Excellent Game, no monthly fees, good graphics, the fairest for the new comers and veterans.
  12. PoldoG.
    Dec 1, 2006
    Not definitely sure if it's a step forwars Prophecies, but it's surely a huge step beyond Factions, The new champain is well programmed, xp-ing is not that slow as in Proph,still limited in time thorught the acquiring of specifical titles. The mechanics that lay under force you (and it's not bad) to explore and evolve. Nightfall is a must have game for all mmorpg fans. Not definitely sure if it's a step forwars Prophecies, but it's surely a huge step beyond Factions, The new champain is well programmed, xp-ing is not that slow as in Proph,still limited in time thorught the acquiring of specifical titles. The mechanics that lay under force you (and it's not bad) to explore and evolve. Nightfall is a must have game for all mmorpg fans. Unless you care about your social life. Expand
  13. Benjy
    Nov 30, 2006
    I like some of the new features but for me all this should have been added in the factions release. This is to little to late as though I enjoyed guildwars when first released its now becomming far to familiar. I'm giving it a 5 as it does not require the previous games and that there is no sub to pay. Anet needs to take the franchice a new direction like into the future.
  14. PeterM.
    Nov 7, 2006
    A huge step forward from the original guild wars. And two steps forward from Factions. The PvE environment lush and open. And the plot is actually interesting. Quests have move beyond the simple point A to B quests. Hero system very good.

1. as adventures go Nightfall feels much more open than previous Guild Wars modules. While many of the quests had been tied to tightly linear the maps, the missions of Nightfall are far more open-ended.
  2. The new Dervish and Paragon professions add a lot of flavor to both role playing and PvP. Yet, the game's story takes a long while to pick up, and some design issues from previous games still exist.
    Story aside, the campaign shines. The pacing's on par with Factions in terms of how quickly you gain levels (not that those matter much in Guild Wars anyway), and the game's 20 missions present lots of replay incentive thanks to a tiered reward system.