7.9

1. Aug 20, 2011
    Very nice western-action game. Good graphics for a six years old game. Few bugs, but game play is brilliant. Maybe too easy in easier difficulties ...
  2. Jan 15, 2013
    Not a bad little game, just don't expect too much from it. Graphics are pretty bland and the story for the most part is fairly forgettable. I found the side quests slightly annoying and frustrating so didn't do many of them. However for a few hours cheap and fun entertainment it's worth it and let's face it this is a very under represented genre of the gaming industry. Go in with fewNot a bad little game, just don't expect too much from it. Graphics are pretty bland and the story for the most part is fairly forgettable. I found the side quests slightly annoying and frustrating so didn't do many of them. However for a few hours cheap and fun entertainment it's worth it and let's face it this is a very under represented genre of the gaming industry. Go in with few expectations but worth a play if you can get it for $5 or less. Expand
  3. Dec 9, 2014
    Gameplay and mechanics are very impressive for a game now almost ten years old. The age is noticeable, but still playable and fun even today. Side missions were handled flawlessly. Impressive leveling and upgrade system for its time. However, the story is lacking and simply checks the list of every Cowboy/Western stereotype imaginable.
  4. May 3, 2014
    The only game on steam that could remind me the amazing Red Dead Redemption. The graphics is really old but the game has a nice story and a good game-play, i'm enjoying it.
  5. Jun 28, 2014
    A pretty good game. Has a really nice story but it was pretty easy to complete. I completed the story 2 times already and I am planning on it playing it again. The most important I thing I like about this game is the Quickdraw. A.I Enemies are quick weak to be honest. If you are a fan of the Wild West, you must seriously play this game as this can provide lots of hours of entertainment ^_^
  6. Jan 23, 2015
    I didn't play this game until 2014, almost an entire decade since it was initially released, but it's still one of my favorite gaming experiences in a long time, which was kind of surprising as when I first began my journey into 'GUN' I thought I'd play for maybe three or four hours tops. I mean, nothing about this game looks special at all. The graphics are dated, the voice acting isn'tI didn't play this game until 2014, almost an entire decade since it was initially released, but it's still one of my favorite gaming experiences in a long time, which was kind of surprising as when I first began my journey into 'GUN' I thought I'd play for maybe three or four hours tops. I mean, nothing about this game looks special at all. The graphics are dated, the voice acting isn't great, and it looks rather generic by today's standards in almost every way possible.

It's safe to say that when I first picked this game up on sale, that I didn't expect more than 'Grand Theft Auto' on horseback. In fact, the biggest appeal of this game to me was the chance to do some good ole fashioned horseback riding; something I hadn't done since 'Ocarina of Time'. I never thought that I'd be so swept up into the dirty world of the wild wild west and the stories it had to tell me, but I was. From saving harlots, to chasing gangs down on horseback, to killing entire tribes of Indians in one fell swoop, this game includes every cliche you could possibly think about the wild west and I ain't complaining.

Aside from the tight controls, camera angels, and helpless harlots though, this game is just down right fun. And even though it's hard not to compare it to 'Grand Theft Auto' I never found myself thinking I was playing some cheap clone just in a different setting. And did I mention there were harlots?

1. The scope of the environments are vast, but empty in this free-roam open ended adventure. The game manages to capture the essence of loneliness that was an unwelcome but constant companion to many a traveler in those days.
  2. Average at best. The great voice acting and the solid graphics are just not enough to keep the game afloat. Somewhat shoddy controls and the lack of depth just drag this title down too much.
  3. It's too bad that Gun is so short because I could have easily devoted more time to playing such a refreshing title.