8.4

1. Jun 3, 2013
    I am really enjoying this game, alot more so than any other new release in recent memory. Mixing stealth and puzzle together so seamlessly was a brilliant move. The crosslink has to be one of the most amusing game gadgets I've used since the portal gun.
  2. Jun 3, 2013
    This is the kind of game that renews my faith in PC gaming. Innovative gameplay, creative mechanics simple but not cheaply done artstyle, and an overall blast to play.
  3. Jun 6, 2013
    This game is a modern classic and I think one that will be remembered. It goes to show you don't need a AAA budget to make something great.

The only reason I didn't give it top marks is it needs more mod support (i.e. steam workshop)
  4. Jun 9, 2013
    gunpoint it's a well crafted flashgame, so don't expect much more from it.
    it's very engaging until the end, but the problem is that the game last about 40 minutes.
    not worth 9 euros (os steam) in my opinion, but if you find it on sale, grab it.
  5. Jun 4, 2013
    A fun, simple yet engaging indie game that reminds me of why I love video games. To address the only non-glowing review here so far: you can skip all dialogue with the nice little "start mission" button before every mission. So if you just want to get to the gameplay, the game has you covered. Personally I find the little introductions to each mission entertaining, and there's even some dialogue options. The music is really nice, really fitting and just pleasant to listen to, and I love the fact that the instrumentation changes when you move in and out of the "wirejacking" mode, the kind of reactive music not seen in as many games as I'd like. The core gameplay mechanics are solid, controls are intuitive and the puzzles are just challenging enough without having to wrack your brains for hours and look up walkthroughs. There is a potential for emergent stuff happening, and the way you can re-wire levels can, with some careful planning (or luck), produce some pretty silly results like guards locking each other into rooms or electrocuting each other. There's a level editor too, so if you want a tougher challenge or whatever takes your fancy then go ahead and make one. It's only a shame it doesn't have Steam Workshop support. What holds it off from a perfect score is being a little on the short side (users on Steam forums report about 3 hours typically) but it's certainly value for money. Expand
  6. Jun 3, 2013
    Absolute bargin. Everything that is good and pure about PC Gaming is present in this game. Charm, whit, innovation and great writing. Finished hte game in one sitting and loved every second of it. One the veil is lifted and you realise the possibilitys of the mechanics, you can do some genuinley hillarious and balls out things.

More please.
  7. Jun 7, 2013
    The game is great. The music, the theme, the story, the dialog and the gameplay all are satisfying. Unfortunately the game is extremely short and will usually take you 2 hours, 3 hours if you replay some levels to get the best ratings. The editor is nice but misses a lot of features such as missing sound detector, custom connections (currently the game only allows linking to their nearest pair object i.e. camera alarm, panel door) which limits creative freedom by a huge margin. Also there is no inbuild system to rate or download custom maps. This could have been fixed by support steam workshop but as of now it is rather tedious and inconvenient to find user created content to fight off the extremely short gametime. Collapse
  8. Jul 8, 2013
    This game....this game lasted me 90 MINUTES *and if you for some reason cant figure that out that is 1 /2 HOURS* the game is good while it lasts but the puzzles are ridiculously easy and once you finish the game there is NO reason to replay, it is not worth your money.
  9. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is a great stealth/puzzle game, and the ability to change the wiring of the world is a fantastic feature and makes this much more interesting then your average stealth game. The game also have comical jokes appearing every now and then. Being able to have multiple choices for the dialogue. The game's level editor also improves the overall game-play and allows more complicated levels created by the consumer.
    The game however, is quite short, and the level editor isn't as powerful as I wish it would be, I finished the game entire game in about two hours. Also, some points of the dialogue are broken, such as in one level, I disable all the cameras and was never seen by them, but the dialogue after that still said that I had walked right in-front of a camera. The level editor is also not linked with Steam Workshop, which makes sharing levels a lot harder and makes finding levels a bit of a pain.

Overall, it's a nice stealth game and it's level editor sorta makes up for having a short story, the game-play is great and it works great.
  10. Jun 16, 2013
    This game just didn’t click for me. Gunpoint has novel gameplay mechanics and adequate story. I only played around 10 missions. It just didn’t keep me interested. 4/10 for novelty.
  11. Jun 24, 2013
    very good game but well be HD and on ps3 or Xbox 360 or wii u or ps vita !!!
    The game needs a strong publisher and the game is developed in the future in order to become one of the best thinking and planning
  12. Jun 14, 2013
    It's tricky, it's challenging but it's fun and entertaining as hell.
    This is the fine example that developers don't need big budget to make outstanding games.
  13. Jun 5, 2013
    It's the simple things that entertain. You can throw all of the fancy graphics, writing, multiplayer, ect... but I've been more entertained by a 3 hour play-through of Gunpoint than most big budget games being rolled out these days.

The premise is simple as a private investigator with some physics altering clothing, you become involved in a murder mystery. Using the tools available
    to you, you complete missions given to you by various sources to solve the murder case.

Controls are simple and effective very little is needed to navigate besides some timing. The ability to manipulate the environment by wirejacking, the rewiring of electrical switches to do various and devious things, allows for a rich and rewarding experience when planning out your missions and achieving your goals.

After each mission, the game rates your skill, which adds to the games charm and humor. This is gaming at the "PC Gaming Master Races" finest.
  14. Jun 21, 2013
    Fun and simple but with some very interesting mechanics. The game doesn't take itself too seriously and the story is more of a parody of noir style movies than anything else. At the same time it does have some witty lines(all dialogue is text). The graphics are reminiscent of 2d side scrollers but are still rather high quality. The game is short though and while you can replay each level there aren't any additional rewards for doing so (you will pretty much get every power up before the game is over). Hopefully there is more to come though since this game rocks! Its at a very reasonable price and it really shows that a huge budget doesn't guarantee a great game. Expand
  15. dak
    Jun 3, 2013
    This game has it's own atmosphere and every part of it fits very well with each other. Here is exactly an example, when developer fully commit himself and without reservations. Result is sweet.
  16. Jun 7, 2013
    This is an absolute gem of a game, well thought out, well executed and wonderfully crisp and clean. The mechanics like the crosslink and super jumpy trousers and are easy to use and bring about all sorts of emergent gameplay. Although short it is defiantly worth the £7 price tag, and I would highly recommend the special edition as the soundtrack is beautiful and the dev commentary gives a wonderful insight into the game. Expand
  17. Jun 12, 2013
    Gunpoint had an unexpected fresh gameplay, it is innovative and offers parts in which you can decide what to do. I liked the humor in most dialogs which also offer the possibility to choose an answer. But on the other hand it is too short for its price and the leveleditor is part of the steam workshop which makes it difficult to share your customized missions. All in all it's a surprisingly good indie game which offers excellent but a bit monotonous gameplay with possibilities for improvements. Expand
  18. Jun 15, 2013
    This game was a standout I think. Basic, clean, and efficient in design. It is clear cut fun mixed with thinking. The different abilities you can purchase are comical and add various ways to beat the different stages. You could make a guard shoot another guard with a pull of a switch three stories away or maybe kick a door into 3 guards, killing them instantly. The graphic choice adds to the great atmosphere and mood of the game itself. The only complaint would be play time, but as I said before, you can easily re-play Gunpoint and have fun doing so. Quite possibly one of my favorite indie games so far, all condensed into a strategic, stealth, puzzle game; fun for everyone. Expand
  19. Jun 5, 2013
    A perfect example of a fun, fast-paced-but-still-very-stealthy game with innovative mechanics at a HUGE bargain. The art is simplistic but beautiful, and the sounds are all really well done. Can't wait to see what the community pumps out with the level editor.
  20. Jun 6, 2013
    Gunpoint is a highly unique combination of stealth platformer and dime store detective novel with some added film noir for good measure! Graphics are suitably retro pixel art'ish and well done. The sound effects and particularly the music are well done and in the case of the music, really adds to that film nor feel. Tremendously fun, well thought out, and frankly unique gameplay mechanics that allow you to rewire light switches, doors, elevator switches, light sockets, cameras, motion detectors, overhead lights, and more in various ways to help you achiever your mission objectives adding a bit of puzzle platformer to the mix! The developers clearly have a very clever sense of humor and the dialog is a real funny treat to read. The story is with it's cast of characters and locations sucks you in and unfolds and evolves based on what you say and do.

It is, perhaps a bit short in terms of gameplay the first time you play it through but it does have replay in that there is an included level editor for constructing your own levels that can be shared as simple text files plus in the game proper, there are many different ways to solve levels so it is rewarding to go back and try again.

This game by any estimation, regardless of how short it is (I'm betting we'll see updates that add additional items, levels, and more to extend it) is fun, clever, funny, addictive, and rewarding to play and is a total bargain at $9.99 from Steam. All of that makes for an A+ easy recommendation for just about anyone! Well done! Easily one of the best indie titles I've seen this year!
  21. Jun 8, 2013
    I have been using Metacritic for years and have never felt I wanted to write a review. But this game deserves it. Gunpoint is the only game in recent years that I've sat and played for hours without wanted to play something else. I don't usually have a great attention span when it comes to games, but this gem of a game has kept me interested.

I highly recommend it, its fun to play and
    challenging at the same time. This game proves that you don't need fancy 3D graphics to enjoy a good game, I love it, simple as that. Expand
  22. Jun 22, 2013
    Gunpoint is an amazing newcomer on the gaming market: - I like the fact that the game is using this special, unique comic/pixelated style. - You really need to use your brain in order to complete the level, so it's not a game for a person who wants to rush through a game. - The controls are nice. - The difficulty and the strength/damage of the enemies is balanced. - The upgradeable abilities are useful!
    - The gameplay in general is wonderful.

I definitely recommend you to buy this game if you're looking for a real challenge!
  23. Aug 21, 2013
    Gunpoint, while brief is a very fun take on a stealth game. It's about one hour long but don't let that turn you off because it's got really fun mechanics, gameplay and an interesting story. And for the creative types there's even a level editor.
  24. Fuz
    Dec 11, 2013
    Keybinds arent' redefinable.
    This is utterly ridiculous in a 2013 game.
    Personally, I can't play with the default ones. I'll change the score when they fix this.
  25. Jul 6, 2013
    A very, very good game. Good atmosphere and good gameplay.
    There are many different ways to solve each level, and most of them are a lot of fun, also thanks to the brilliant rewiring feature. An interesting game as it shows that good atmosphere, art style and general feeling is much more important than polygon count and a huge budget. The dialogues and the story are surprisingly good, and
    I have to say this has much more stealth than most AAA so called "stealth" games.

The only flaw is that the game is very short, but a level editor is included. Should this get on Steam workshop it would be a solid 10/10, worth every dime.
  26. Jan 1, 2014
    Marvellous, marvellous game with a fun story and a great game mechanic. Really interesting use of stealth hacking and puzzles and the level design is superb. Just buy it, you won't regret it.
  27. Jun 15, 2013
    The only bad thing about this game is that it is too short. Unfortunately, that makes if difficult for me to recommend because it doesn't seem worth the price point. It costs about the same as a movie, but the movie will likely last you an hour more. Despite that, I want to see more of this very game. I hope the developers deliver.
  28. Jan 9, 2014
    Gunpoint is a charming, fun, innovative, stealth indie game which proves that you don't need an AAA budget to make a great game which a good engaging noir style story line Gunpoint is only let down by its shortness worth the purchase espeacially on a steam sale.
  29. Jul 4, 2013
    After I started playing this game, I really wanted to give it a ten. It has a great sense of humor, and I loved the gameplay, story, and overall noire style of the game (including a great soundtrack.) But here's the thing, it simply didn't have enough content for me. I bought this game at 9:00 pm one night and had finished literally every mission the game had to offer by midnight. I still think it's brilliant, but I honestly would have liked a bit more for my money. So I guess a positive spin on it is that when all is said and done, you'll want more of this game. Alot more. Other than that, it's pretty great and in the end, still worth your money. Expand
  30. Jul 28, 2013
    Picked this up during the Steam Sale after trying the demo. It's a very interesting premise with great, and humorous, writing. Some of the later maps were somewhat challenging, not because they threw a bunch of enemies at you, but because the puzzles to gain entry to certain areas were well put together. Major complaint is without a doubt, the length. Around 2 hours of campaign at best. However, the Dev is interested in adding Workshop support allowing modders to go nuts. Expand
  31. Jun 23, 2013
    Great game, my only negative about the game is regarding the length. It only lasts 3-4 hours max... so take that into consideration when buying it. The stealth/puzzle aspects of the game are exceptionally done, and there are a number of solutions to each mission depending on how violent/stealthy you choose to be. The story line is engaging at least at first, but it gets a bit too cliche toward the end and runs a bit long... but still not bad. Overall, it's an enjoyable game that ends at exactly the right time, highly recommend if you can grab it on sale. Expand
  32. Sep 18, 2013
    Great game. Very simple but a lot of fun. Bought it due to low price but am very happy with it. It is a simple story about being a spy and finishing a job. There are a few choices that are good or bad but the gameplay is fun. This is a game you can play for a few minutes or hours and still be happy with it.
  33. Jun 8, 2013
    Awesome Game Good job, folks
  34. Jun 7, 2013
    Came for the stealth-puzzle-action game, stayed for the freaking dialogues. So amazing. Game's a bit short and could use some polishing here and there especially for its price, but it's still damn great and clever in many ways!
  35. Jun 3, 2013
    Granted I've barely started but so far it seems absolutely sick. I love how you can rewire the circuits you just feel like such a slick bastard. This is how stealth games are meant to be, not just sneaking around for ages before getting caught then its all over. This game forces you to be stealthy as the enemies fire immediately which is awesome IMO, it means you have to do the game the stealthy way MOST of the time. Sometimes you get lucky. ^_^ Expand
  36. Oct 22, 2013
    I'm a really fan of stealth games, and this one really got me. The way you can deal with the guards about killing them or even let them in the dark suckin' their thumbs (that doesn't happen, i get excited writing this kind of text). The hack system reminds the upcoming Ubisoft release Watch Dogs, and some '90s games that I don't remember or never have played. What really grinds my gears is that is A REALLY SHORT GAME!!! Expand
  37. X0R
    Jun 18, 2013
    love indie games like this, very fun, creative, can play for 10-15mins for a quick session, cool options at a reasonable price. Would definitely buy again from this developer.
  38. Dec 9, 2013
    A short but satisfying indie puzzle/platformer. Light storyline but it has some nice humour and visual storytelling as well. The mechanics are very solid and fun to play around with. Looking forward to more from this developer.
  39. Jun 7, 2013
    A good little game. smart, funny, simple, efficient. A short blast,but a worthwhile one. The art design is really cool, the dialogs, though sometime a bit tiresome to read, are really well made and clever. The soundtrack is also a hit, reminding me of L.A. Noire. My only problem with the game would be its really short lenght.
  40. Sep 17, 2013
    I recently finished one playthrough of this game, and it was was on my best recent gaming experiences. Gunpoint combines simple but innovative 2D stealth mechanics and puzzles into a game where you really feel like a cross of James Bond and Spiderman. The jumping mechanics are fun and fit into the general tongue-in-cheek humor of the pre-mission dialogues, while keeping the game compelling by making failure a very real thing one shot and you're dead. Even something as simple as punching guards is far more fun than it has any right to be. Multiple play styles are supported and rewarded as well, such as super-stealth runs, nonviolent runs, and speedrunning.

Add in its cheap selling price, and Gunpoint is a joy and steal. Check it out if you have any interest in this kind of game at all you won't regret it.
  41. Aug 4, 2013
    This game is a lot like my ex: short, ugly, smart, and a lot of fun. What makes Gunpoint special is that, unlike any other puzzle platformer I've played, it lets you create your own solutions to problems instead of forcing you to figure out the only correct one. You flick a switch, a guard shoots his buddy in the back, the sound detector picks that up and opens the door for you. Have you done something like that in another game? In Gunplay, you can. But you don't have to. Man, I miss my ex... Expand
  42. Jan 18, 2014
    A somewhat interesting puzzle game with excellent writing and rather primitive pixelated graphics. It's definitely not for everyone. The story is fun but isn't deep or anything, it feels very unoriginal. I didn't buy it after finishing the demo. Even though there is a hilarious dialog before the final "Buy game" button is presented, it's still not worth buying.
  43. Jun 8, 2013
    Really liked the game, been following its development for a while now and the music, humour of the story and especially the unique mechanics make it a great puzzle platformer.
  44. Aug 14, 2013
    The 'Crosslink mode' is what really makes this game so fun. It's a very original idea that I've never really seen before which allows you to rewire the electronics in a building. The possibilities of what you can do in Crosslink mode are almost endless it makes you be able to access rooms you otherwise wouldn't be able to, kill guards easier among many other things.

This game is let
    down by how short the story missions are and I'm annoyed because I like the game so much but there's very little left for me to do on the game. I hope to see some extra missions released eventually from either the developer, Tom Francis, or from users in the Steam Workshop. Expand
  45. Aug 1, 2013
    Although being an amazing strategy with a lot going for it, it is too short. I had finished the game within a few hours and considering i spent a lot of time on each level to get a perfect score. If they were to make the game considerably longer and maybe add a few new gadgets then this would be one of the best puzzle/strategy games i've ever played. :D
  46. Apr 3, 2014
    It's an entertaining game, getting a bit repetitive and very, very short. Definitely not a 10 EUR title since it is comparable to some of the better online flash games out there.
  47. Jul 7, 2013
    Good game for 10$.Lots of options, play styles that can be applied. It have solid mechanics, humor. Unfortunately it have some problems too.
    1) It's too short. Steam workshop would be good way to share levels from build in editor.
    2) In conversations between missions you have choice what do you want to say. And it's really funny to give really sarcastic comment but it looks like that
    doesn't change anything. I hoped for some kind NPC reaction.
    3) If you want to beat the game without trying to kill guards in fancy way you will have quite simplistic game. I beat it 2 times and game lacks new mechanics, enemy type, mission types and so on. Each mission looks the same and only 3 types of enemies with patrols set from one door to another or without patrol route is not all that much...
    All in all Gunpoint is very good game. There is demo available on official site and on steam. Europeans can buy it from official site for 10$ instead of 10€ on steam and steel get the steam key.
  48. Jun 10, 2013
    Very nice puzzle, with great story. I wish the storyline was longer, but that's pretty much the only complaint. Graphics is intentionally simplistic, but really it doesn't need to be anything more.
  49. Sep 18, 2013
    Gunpoint is a well made, simple game. It uses simple mechanics and inst needlessly complicated. Its fun to use your brain to solve the puzzles and is extreamly satisfying. Im glad to see a lot of indie stealth games doing so well.
  50. Jun 10, 2013
    Gunpoint is a very good game, to me at least. I played through the campaign in 2 hours, which is pretty short, and I immediately jumped back in to replay some levels. I can easily see myself playing trough it at least one more time. The story is pretty good, and some of the jokes were genuinely, actually funny. From what I've seen, the level editor is quite limited- (missing some pretty important stuff) and inflexible. Furthermore, there is no steam workshop support, although the dev has confirmed hes working on it. Also, considering its made on game maker, its sure as hell more stable than Hotline Miami- I haven't found a single bug yet, although the steam overlay is misaligned :P

If you are even remotely interested in stealth games, (I hate all other stealth games besides Dishonored and Mark of the Ninja), I suggest you give this a try, you won't regret it.

This deserves a 10 as soon as we get some editor support :D
  51. Jun 20, 2013
    A really fun, challenging game. Surprisingly, is 2-D nature never lets it down. And the creativity is just hats off. The best part about the game is that is can easily be ended in one sitting. Highly recommended. (Y)
  52. Jul 14, 2013
    Really nice game, but definitely too short. It is similar to Mark of the Ninja. Every fun should also try Gunpoint. Climate is great and gameplay solutions quite smart. Plot is interesting and that shows that a good story is much better than graphics. And it is really satisfactory when You end mission with mark A+. I only wish it would be longer.
  53. Jun 13, 2013
    One of the few indie games I really enjoyed playing through, my only problem with it is that it doesn't last for very long, but if you want something new and refreshing this is a game I would definitely recommend.
  54. Jun 7, 2013
    An action-puzzle game with a murder mystery story and old-school graphics. If someone told me this came from a PC Gamer demo CD from 1995, I would have believed them. Like those demos, this game is short, but it's fun while it lasts. It does require some patience and a little brain power, so the average twitch gamer with ADD will probably not enjoy it. For everyone else, it's not perfect, but I'd definitely call it a worthwhile buy. Expand
  55. Jul 31, 2013
    I love it! The simplicity combined with awesome and challenging puzzles is just really cool! The enemies are each, I feel, with a different personality. My only complaint is that you can easily kill Guards and Pros, but why are the Enforces so godlike? Anyway, very good game. Brilliant idea, fun, simple, adorable graphics, instantly you will love this game. It will keep you hooked until the end.
  56. Jun 6, 2013
    Just absolutely amazing mix of puzzle and thrilling stealth action. One of the most fun platformers I have ever played. It pushes you to question and analyze the environments so you can use gadgets and stealth to perfect espionage.
  57. Oct 28, 2013
    This is almost perfect -sneak and puzzle i a great mix. The gameplay is seamless and efficient and although it's not by any means a great game in terms playtime, it's engrossing and amusing.
  58. Jun 3, 2013
    Tom Francis (creator of Gunpoint) did an amazing job, not only with the design of the game itself, but with the entire process, knowing when to listen to feedback and when to do things his own way, as well as assembling an awesome small team of artists and composers to really make Gunpoint fit the theme he wanted perfectly. I was in Beta, and I've purchased the game too of course, and I've played through it over 35 hours now. Not bad for a "3-5 hour game" I'd say. Right now it's $9, normally $10. For a finished game that is as fun as this, that's a steal. Try the demo, too, as it even has a bit of humor that you get at the end! Don't like Steam? You can get the demo and a DRM-free copy on the game's website (www.gunpointgame.com). The two special editions both include in-game developer commentary, which I'm not even halfway through the game and already I'm laughing, learning, and truly enjoying what Tom and his Team have to say. Whatever you do, don't miss at least trying this one! Expand
  59. Jun 4, 2013
    The overall art aesthetic in this game is awesome. Music, story, art awesome. The one problem that took a point off for was the controls. I can't put my finger on why they don't work very well, but as tight as the rest of the game is I'd expect better. On the other hand I have to really call out the music, though. Jazzy and mysterious. I want whoever wrote the score to write me a life-theme that I can walk into any room and feel like I own it. Expand
  60. Jun 5, 2013
    Such a creative masterpiece for and experimental project. Breath taking game-play in simple video and outstanding audio pleasure. Some unexpected gunshots literally add me jumping out of my chair in fright! The different routes you can take in a mission and optional mission routes really helps this game feel more personal and really helps buff out what feels to be too short of an experience. This game makes you feel like a genious spy and you give yourself all the credit. I can't wait until some form of publishing our levels comes out so I can enjoy this game even more deeply! Great work Tom! Expand
  61. Jun 6, 2013
    One of the best indie games 2013!
    The campaign might be a little short,
    but doing the time it lasted, i was entertained
    to the max, and, the story was really well glued together.
    9/10!
  62. Jun 8, 2013
    Although being a short experience (about 3 hours to complete the story), Gunpoint promises and delivers an efficient and fun to play puzzle platformer that will make you fell a genius. As for the story, the developers explored efficiently the "film noir" concept, creating a dark, rainy scenario with a great and versatile soundtrack and the typical "noir" story based on crime and deception. Without spoiling anything, I must say that in the end, there is an inedit feature that I would like to see on future videogames: you get too choose the sentences to build your own final monologue, creating some sort of Max Payne-esque goodbye letter to Richard's (the main protagonist) adventure. What a brilliant idea! There is also a surprysingly easy-to-use level editor that allows players to create their own levels/puzzles, although lacking a proper place (as far as i know) for Gunpoint players to share them. To conclude: Gunpoint may be short, but man, it was sweet! Expand
  63. Jun 12, 2013
    I often find that the best games are those with a simple premise, but one which is executed to near perfection. That is the case in Gunpoint.

What is so satisfying about the gameplay is that nearly everything works how you think it should and how you would want it to. Nearly any elaborate system that you can theorise can be put into practice, and whilst it might not always work as
    intended, it is always possible to see why, keeping frustration to a minimum. It also facilitates for significant emergent gameplay, with numerous solutions available that probably even the designers did not envisage.

It is this emergent gameplay that allows the rather short length of the game to be forgiven. Played straight through, completing missions only in the first way that you think up, rather than looking for more elegant solutions, the game will only last around three hours. For a $10 game this may be too short for some people, however in my opinion the significant replayability of the game negates concerns regarding its length. At the time of writing I have put in a solid 8 hours to this title, and still feel there are numerous solutions still to be discovered.

theindiegamereview.com
  64. Jun 17, 2013
    This game was a blast.

One word describes the story: intrigue. You play the roll of a spy who becomes embroiled in a web of lies, deception, and blackmail that revolves around infidelity and industrial espionage. At any time, you can fight for any one of the factions or play all the sides against each other to make some cash.

From the outset, you are being used by everyone which
    limits your options but also gives you an unexpected position of power.

Throughout each level, there are doors that are locked and cameras that must be turned off. This game's defining mechanic is the rewiring system whereby you can reconnect the electronics of a building or multiple buildings to make switches on walls unlock doors and cameras in corners activate elevators.

In terms of pros, manipulating the environment with the rewiring mechanic is a ton of fun, the puzzles are challenging and rewarding, and 6+ hours of fun for $10US is, in my opinion, well worth it.

In terms of cons, the level editor is very confusing and is very rigid in what it will allow, I disagree with the fact that you can hack a guard's handgun, and because you can alter your upgrades at will, I got three achievements just by maxing out each of the upgrade option settings one by one in turn in about ten seconds.

This game was a lot of fun. Highly recommended.
  65. Jun 19, 2013
    This game shows the gaming community you dont need a massive budget to make a great game. Gunpoint is a great stealth puzzle game and is defiantly worth its price.
    Amazing low budget game with some funny dialog.
  66. Jun 21, 2013
    The game makes you think outside of the box. With very cool and unique abilities to alter your settings opening many possibilities to complete a level in anyway you like, whether it be full on stealth to a fast speed run, you decide! The game comes with a good story which allows the user to pick 2-3 options on what they can say, which will have a slight impact. The graphics and music fit perfectly well together with the feel of the game. I'm glad a very fine puzzle game has come out. It very well represents puzzle games. Expand
  67. Jul 7, 2013
    Smart puzzle action. I am sure you will feel you are a brilliant hacker by playing this game. Also, the story which I could enjoy is cool. It made me confused because I had to be concerned to seek truth. Everything is good, of course over than average. But, the really sad thing is play time is too short n contents is not enough to play. I just finished this game for 2 hours. I don't know exactly how much time n money need to develop for additional contents for this game.

However, It's hard to think that this game can leak a lot of effort when developer try to make it greater.

this game should to be bigger.
  68. Jun 22, 2013
    For lots of people that have been wanting to know this the game's age rating is going to be a twelve, the company was going to release it as a fifteen but dew to the graphics and the gameplay this is what you have hope this really helped you guys
  69. Jun 23, 2013
    So I played the game through fully and to be honest, it's just too short. I finished it in a single 3 hour sit down, with nothing to do afterwards but play with the level editor.

But the 3 hours I did play were full of enjoyable gameplay, writing, and aesthetic feel.

It's a fun, "retro" look with fun, 50's styled characters and spy jobs... But in a modern setting (what with all the
    technology).

The gameplay's solid, give or take a few bugs that I found on a second play through (thank goodness). One interesting bug was that I could glitch through doors with a full powered and fully upgraded jump. Another fun bug was missing a major in-game cutscene and skipping straight to the end.

I enjoyed the ride, but for the price, it was a bit scaling.

If the game ever goes on sale for $5 or less, I urge you to buy it.
  70. Jun 24, 2013
    Great new game. You can play each level over and over trying to come up with new ways to finish it.
    The story is definitely not the greatest. But it contains great dialog that makes you laugh alot.
  71. Jun 24, 2013
    After buying and completing the game I was left there alone thinking that that game needed WAY more levels. From beginning to end I enjoyed every single level and if this game was a beverage, I drank everything including the ice cubes. The non-linear level design was what really made the game. Completing every level was satisfying and I don't even like 2D games. Price should be $5 instead of $10 if the game is that short. I was left thirsty. Expand
  72. Jul 3, 2013
    both puzzle and story are good. no big problem to complete the mission but great fun to think how to be perfect: be gentleman, ghost, ninja, lightning and hack the laptop.
  73. Jun 25, 2013
    Really great platformed. The music, story and game play all mesh together to create one astounding game. Although it was short, I see a Steam workshop on the horizon.
  74. Dec 27, 2013
    Gunpoint is an example of why I appreciate indie games. A superior design (mechanically and aesthetically), soundtrack, and an appropriate difficulty curve make Gunpoint totally worth the price. Pick it up!
  75. Jul 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I love the game and how it allows you to slowly pick your path multiple times, and at the very end, where you get 2 messages and they both decide how the game will end, it makes you really wonder about whats really happening in its little world. And devices it offers are great, innovative, and quite fun! The only reason I gave it a 8 is because it much too short. Not sure if a DLC is coming, but I would love that. So if you haven't played it yet, get it! Expand
  76. Jul 21, 2013
    This game has an old school 8 bit feeling. I like the puzzles on the levels, but for me is a bit easy and was too fast to finish the game. Would be good to have more levels, or DC levels or even level editor so the fans could create more fun. definitely worth the money!
  77. Jul 23, 2013
    :O
    ok im back gunpoint is a game thats good you have 1 gun lots of alarms lots of panels you can jump high i mian high thares a line that shows you whare to jump my bros have it im not telling yu names or mine only for pc
  78. Jul 28, 2013
    Everybody should buy this game. If I ever get a million dollars I will buy this game for all the starving children of Africa. They should really get to play it before they starve to death.
    In all seriousness, try the demo, if the writing doesn't grab you then let the gameplay. If neither click with you then I'm sorry, I don't know how you made it this far in life being dead inside.
  79. Aug 16, 2013
    Fun, concise little indie game that knows exactly what it wants to be and does a great job of it. If anything, it could've been a little longer, but its length didn't really bother me while I was playing it, especially considering its price.
  80. Aug 8, 2013
    The only reason this game scores high is because the developer is and has been writing for Future Publishing for over 10 years. Concerning the game, its short and boring and the puzzles are too easy. It comes down to trial and error with no replay value.
  81. Aug 27, 2013
    One thing I love about this game is it's dialogue! Something that is not usually seen in video games are the "ironic" answers and questions! This game has them and it's one of the reasons why I love this game.
    The game itself is short, but funny and those who are looking for a puzzle challenge combine with stealth will most certainly enjoy this game.
    Simple gameplay and interface
    mechanics that work, alongside with good graphics and clever characters and enemies make this game a short, but punching wonder. Expand
  82. Sep 12, 2013
    I bought the game because it looked like an interesting little platformer, and instead I was pleasantly greeted with one of the most genuinely funny, and genuinely fun games that I've played to date.

You play as Richard Conway, a freelance spy working on the case of the recently deceased Selena Delgado. Throughout the story you contact people of interest and potential clients through
    your phone, which gives you around three response-options where the clients can respond back. It's an interesting means of progressing the story and it works well, using humor that can be taken by some as childish, but is overall hilarious and doesn't rub off as cheesy. Almost nothing in the game rubs off as cheesy or cliche despite the extreme prevalence of corniness in similar movies and games. The only thing is that the game was assembled with the YoYo GameMaker, which leaves limitations on certain aspects of the graphics, but is overall unnoticeable.

The mechanics of movement are very easy to pick up and master. You can walk, climb along ceilings and walls, and use your absurdly powerful 'super-trousers'. The combination of the 3 makes for some of the best movement mechanics I've ever encountered with a game, seeing as there is almost no room for anything to go wrong. You can jump, scale, and tackle from any part of the map with ease and it's a blast. Since the platforming aspect itself is almost clean as butter, most of the challenge in the game comes from the very innovative 'Cross-link' system. Essentially you are given the ability to rewire any component of the building at will, 'use this button to open that door, or use this security camera to send the elevator to that floor'. It too works cleanly and effectively, meaning that most of the game is spent thinking about the most efficient means of completing the objective. The game just plays as it should, no complications.

The art-style and music form this noire-esque type of feel and they work wonderfully together. The music sounds like something that should play when a real detective is working on a case. Opening Cross-link mode turns the music into a slightly muffled but slightly techni-fied version, giving a techy feel to an otherwise retro game.

The story and length of play are the only things that leave something to be desired. Most people will finish the game in 3-4 hours, and the story as a whole doesn't do the rest of the game justice. Bear in mind that each individual segment of the story is executed perfectly, but that the pieces don't seem to work so well when put together. Regardless, I think the game is a steal for 10 bucks and is well worth anyone's time to play, the game is easy and an overall fun experience. Nothing detracts from the game enough to warrant a decrease in score: it does it's job, and gets out. That's all I ask for from a game and Gunpoint has done just that and more in a new manner. There's nothing like it, buy it.
  83. Sep 26, 2013
    This game is quite enjoyable. The mechanics are neat, the atmosphere is stellar. But as mentioned before by most people, it is quite too short. The minute you start losing yourself in the story and you get used to your controls and powers, they are all robbed from you in a lack lustre ending.

For this game to really go up in value, other investigations need to be added. It's not really
    that hard to randomise levels with similar layouts and similar objectives with a bit of dialogue to explain why you're doing it. An even better way to add value would be to unlock a level editor shareable through the steam workshop. That in itself would render the game limitless with a minimum effort from the developers. Expand
  84. Feb 23, 2014
    This game is really fun, some levels are really challenging as well. Solid gameplay, good controls and a cool puzzle game in general. My main problem with it is how short it is. I don't believe it is worth 9 bucks, wait for it to go on a good sale because it is incredibly short. They should have put in more upgrades, buyable items and more missions. If the story is done they could include other missions.

It feels rushed almost, on how short it is. In the end it is a really fun stealth, 2d puzzle game but it feels like a wasted potential on how limited when it comes to content.

Overall 7 is a reasonable score, I think if they release a sequel they should have a longer story, more missions and more upgrades/buyable items.
  85. Nov 23, 2013
    Gunpoint is a very fun game but I want to play more! This game is incredibly fun but the story is so short and there isn't much to replay the game for.

The crosslink mode is unique, and allows you to rewire enemy electronics in a building. The aim is to hack the computer and although there is a decent storyline in-between missions, the missions never really change.

Another minor
    problem I have with this game is that I find it too easy. I think instead of making the game progressively more difficult, the missions instead just went longer and more tedious. Expand
  86. Nov 28, 2013
    Excellent game, really engaging in its own little world. Strikes a nice balance between challenge and frustration. Not the longest game in the world but its a much better choice to do a decent amount v well than a lot poorly. Looking forward to future games from this dev.
  87. Dec 2, 2013
    Gunpoint is a very interesting strategy game to say the least. The art style is nice, although it seems like a lot of games now days are going down the 8-bit art style path. The silly yet humorous remarks are fun to read and can put a smile on any gamer's face. The game takes about 2-3 hours to complete your first time playing it, which can be annoying. However, there are reasons to play through the game multiple times. Even though the game play doesn't change, the dialogue does. In order to get all the achievements you need to get different endings of the game as well. Lastly, the game mechanics are what glue all the good things together. No tutorial is presented before you're thrown in to the game, which is nice for simple games like Gunpoint. In all, this game is worth whatever money you spend on it. Expand
  88. Dec 28, 2013
    I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Hotline Miami. Having a door accidentally smash you in the face, because you rewired something incorrectly, never gets old. I just wished it was a little longer.
  89. Mar 14, 2014
    Playing this game made me feel like i was playing minecraft with a manly boner. The graphics are awful, the gameplay is awful and the guns were like shooting seeds out of water melons. Awful game which is deserves a 10 out of 10.
  90. Apr 9, 2014
    This game has a lot of funny moments, and the game play is solid. My one and only complaint with it is that its very short. But you can design your own levels for it, so that somewhat makes up for it. All in all, very fun game.
  91. Jun 1, 2014
    Gunpoint is a game you only see in a lifetime. I don't expect there will ever be anything like it.

In the game you're some sort of mix between spiderman and a spy. You can leap from buildings, climb on the walls and pounce any any for an instant kill/knock-out, while at the same time having to hide from your enemies, because not only are the enemies killed in one hit: you are too.
    Sneaking in the dark, waiting for the right moment to pounce your target, or to sneak past him; it's all up to you. The game doesn't have one way to beat stages and you can choose whether you want to be a stealthy spy, or leave a trail of bodies.

It may not sound like it, but even more than action, there are puzzles involved. Shortly, you'll be able to rewire pretty much everything. You can use light switches to open doors and cameras to turn off the lights. This is very important because you usually can't get in and out without it. There are also several ways to do this and the game gives you a lot of space. During dialogues you also have different options and you can be honest, but you can also decide to keep information.

The visuals are very basic. I have to admit: at first, when I saw the game for the first time, I was like: I'm not going to play this. Even for me those graphics are bad. However, in 5 minutes I was hooked. The graphics may be bad, but there are exactly the things you need. There isn't a whole lot of stuff to see, other than what's useful.

About the gameplay there isn't really anything bad to say. However, the game isn't all good.
    The game starts out very easy and it will remain so for the most of the game. At one point the difficulty increases and it seems as if you're finally past the tutorial. It's nice, but... as soon as you've beaten it, only one stage remains. The final stage is a poor excuse for a final stage. In the upgrade screen, you'll be able to get an upgrade that renders pretty much everything useless. No need to be stealthy anymore. Just destroy everyone in your path with ease. Even if you do die, you'll be back in no-time, because with dying, you can literally jump a few seconds back in time. The choice is even up to you how long, making any mistake barely noticeable.

Luckily each stage has a rating. Getting A+ on every stage takes a little more time, meaning you can play it a little more, but after that, the game doesn't have much to offer. Even with the getting A+ every stage, the game is short and very easy. The game is like a raw diamond. It's amazing and great, but it could have been one of the best games ever, if the creators decided to be done with it so fast. A shame, but nonetheless a very fun game, as long as it lasts. Don't expect it to take more than 3 hours, and that is with getting a perfect score on every stage.

8.5
  92. Jun 10, 2014
    Interesante juego de plataformas e infiltración en el cual se hibridan distintas mecánicas, puzzles, gestión de recursos, historia, etc. Interesante adquisición.
  93. Jul 19, 2014
    A fun and challenging little indie game, its fun non-stop and recommended to people who like falling from high places, rewiring switches and guns, acting like James Bond 007 only more amateur and kicking the living hell out of the guards! This game is the game for you
  94. czr
    Jun 17, 2014
    An excellent game with a great soundtrack. Its a shame it is so short, but I enjoyed every minute of it. The workshop user created levels are a great way to extend your playtime with it.
  95. Jul 5, 2014
    Dialogs are insanely funny ! Very innovative gameplay, really clever upgrades, well made graphics and lisibility.
    A bit short tho... and the replayability is not that great.
  96. Jul 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a really fun and addictive game it has lots of hacking fight which is fun for most people so I score this awesome game 10% and I hope Gunpoint 2 comes out because it such a wonderful game It's one of my favourites. Expand
  97. Jul 18, 2014
    I really want to give this game a 10 but there just isn't enough of it. And that's my only gripe. This game is fantastic. A few quid and its well worth the money.. An entertaining story with fantastic old school new skool game play.. It is frustratingly addictive and is fun to replay but I still feel that there should be more. Maybe I am just greedy? Great game.

Happy Gaming
  98. Aug 18, 2014
    Gunpoint weaves an interesting storyline and fun, simple but challenging gameplay together. It is a 2D platformer that adds a lot of great features that make the gameplay easier and more interesting. There are optional challenges during missions that serve to make easy missions harder. There is a great respawn mechanic that allows you to pick up play 2-10 seconds before you died, meaning lots of boring trekking from the last save point is removed. The crosslink system allows you to get through levels in any number of inventive ways, and really makes speedrunning far more creative. The music is, like many indie games, fantastic and very well suited to the game's vibe; I keep listening to it over and over at work (go "Five Floor Goodbye"!). The gameplay rewards lateral thinking, good planning, and some precise timing. Like many stealth games you can go for every conceivable approach e.g. kill every guard; knock out dangerous guards, touch nobody and leave no trace, etc. This definitely adds to replayability, and allows people to challenge themselves to go all Solid Snake on the guards (I'm afraid there's no cardboard boxes in game).
    The storyline is very good, you'll find yourself trying to solve the case yourself with the information people give you, you'll find yourself actively wondering whether to trust some people or whether they have their own agendas, you'll find yourself invested in the fates of those people who help you through the game, and you'll find yourself deciding whether to dispense your own justice, or leave it to the state. You'll feel involved in the plot, and will have some satisfaction finishing it off. Definitely a good buy.
  99. Jun 7, 2013

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Stealth, puzzles and film noir mix beautifully. The only criticism is that it’s over too soon. [Aug 2013]
  2. Aug 8, 2013
    Delightful and clever, but also a bit limited. [Sept 2013, p.74]
  3. Aug 2, 2013
    10 dollars spent on Gunpoint is 10 dollars well spent. [CD-Action 09/2013, p.68]