8.4

1. Jun 3, 2013
    I am really enjoying this game, alot more so than any other new release in recent memory. Mixing stealth and puzzle together so seamlessly was a brilliant move. The crosslink has to be one of the most amusing game gadgets I've used since the portal gun.
  2. Jun 3, 2013
    This is the kind of game that renews my faith in PC gaming. Innovative gameplay, creative mechanics simple but not cheaply done artstyle, and an overall blast to play.
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    A fun, simple yet engaging indie game that reminds me of why I love video games. To address the only non-glowing review here so far: you can skip all dialogue with the nice little "start mission" button before every mission. So if you just want to get to the gameplay, the game has you covered. Personally I find the little introductions to each mission entertaining, and there's even some dialogue options. The music is really nice, really fitting and just pleasant to listen to, and I love the fact that the instrumentation changes when you move in and out of the "wirejacking" mode, the kind of reactive music not seen in as many games as I'd like. The core gameplay mechanics are solid, controls are intuitive and the puzzles are just challenging enough without having to wrack your brains for hours and look up walkthroughs. There is a potential for emergent stuff happening, and the way you can re-wire levels can, with some careful planning (or luck), produce some pretty silly results like guards locking each other into rooms or electrocuting each other. There's a level editor too, so if you want a tougher challenge or whatever takes your fancy then go ahead and make one. It's only a shame it doesn't have Steam Workshop support. What holds it off from a perfect score is being a little on the short side (users on Steam forums report about 3 hours typically) but it's certainly value for money. Expand
  4. Jun 3, 2013
    Absolute bargin. Everything that is good and pure about PC Gaming is present in this game. Charm, whit, innovation and great writing. Finished hte game in one sitting and loved every second of it. One the veil is lifted and you realise the possibilitys of the mechanics, you can do some genuinley hillarious and balls out things.

More please.
  5. Jun 14, 2013
    It's tricky, it's challenging but it's fun and entertaining as hell.
    This is the fine example that developers don't need big budget to make outstanding games.
  6. Jun 5, 2013
    It's the simple things that entertain. You can throw all of the fancy graphics, writing, multiplayer, ect... but I've been more entertained by a 3 hour play-through of Gunpoint than most big budget games being rolled out these days.

The premise is simple as a private investigator with some physics altering clothing, you become involved in a murder mystery. Using the tools available
    to you, you complete missions given to you by various sources to solve the murder case.

Controls are simple and effective very little is needed to navigate besides some timing. The ability to manipulate the environment by wirejacking, the rewiring of electrical switches to do various and devious things, allows for a rich and rewarding experience when planning out your missions and achieving your goals.

After each mission, the game rates your skill, which adds to the games charm and humor. This is gaming at the "PC Gaming Master Races" finest.
  7. Jun 21, 2013
    Fun and simple but with some very interesting mechanics. The game doesn't take itself too seriously and the story is more of a parody of noir style movies than anything else. At the same time it does have some witty lines(all dialogue is text). The graphics are reminiscent of 2d side scrollers but are still rather high quality. The game is short though and while you can replay each level there aren't any additional rewards for doing so (you will pretty much get every power up before the game is over). Hopefully there is more to come though since this game rocks! Its at a very reasonable price and it really shows that a huge budget doesn't guarantee a great game. Expand
  8. dak
    Jun 3, 2013
    This game has it's own atmosphere and every part of it fits very well with each other. Here is exactly an example, when developer fully commit himself and without reservations. Result is sweet.
  9. Jun 7, 2013
    This is an absolute gem of a game, well thought out, well executed and wonderfully crisp and clean. The mechanics like the crosslink and super jumpy trousers and are easy to use and bring about all sorts of emergent gameplay. Although short it is defiantly worth the £7 price tag, and I would highly recommend the special edition as the soundtrack is beautiful and the dev commentary gives a wonderful insight into the game. Expand
  10. Jun 15, 2013
    This game was a standout I think. Basic, clean, and efficient in design. It is clear cut fun mixed with thinking. The different abilities you can purchase are comical and add various ways to beat the different stages. You could make a guard shoot another guard with a pull of a switch three stories away or maybe kick a door into 3 guards, killing them instantly. The graphic choice adds to the great atmosphere and mood of the game itself. The only complaint would be play time, but as I said before, you can easily re-play Gunpoint and have fun doing so. Quite possibly one of my favorite indie games so far, all condensed into a strategic, stealth, puzzle game; fun for everyone. Expand
  11. Jun 5, 2013
    A perfect example of a fun, fast-paced-but-still-very-stealthy game with innovative mechanics at a HUGE bargain. The art is simplistic but beautiful, and the sounds are all really well done. Can't wait to see what the community pumps out with the level editor.
  12. Jun 6, 2013
    Gunpoint is a highly unique combination of stealth platformer and dime store detective novel with some added film noir for good measure! Graphics are suitably retro pixel art'ish and well done. The sound effects and particularly the music are well done and in the case of the music, really adds to that film nor feel. Tremendously fun, well thought out, and frankly unique gameplay mechanics that allow you to rewire light switches, doors, elevator switches, light sockets, cameras, motion detectors, overhead lights, and more in various ways to help you achiever your mission objectives adding a bit of puzzle platformer to the mix! The developers clearly have a very clever sense of humor and the dialog is a real funny treat to read. The story is with it's cast of characters and locations sucks you in and unfolds and evolves based on what you say and do.

It is, perhaps a bit short in terms of gameplay the first time you play it through but it does have replay in that there is an included level editor for constructing your own levels that can be shared as simple text files plus in the game proper, there are many different ways to solve levels so it is rewarding to go back and try again.

This game by any estimation, regardless of how short it is (I'm betting we'll see updates that add additional items, levels, and more to extend it) is fun, clever, funny, addictive, and rewarding to play and is a total bargain at $9.99 from Steam. All of that makes for an A+ easy recommendation for just about anyone! Well done! Easily one of the best indie titles I've seen this year!
  13. Jun 8, 2013
    I have been using Metacritic for years and have never felt I wanted to write a review. But this game deserves it. Gunpoint is the only game in recent years that I've sat and played for hours without wanted to play something else. I don't usually have a great attention span when it comes to games, but this gem of a game has kept me interested.

I highly recommend it, its fun to play and
    challenging at the same time. This game proves that you don't need fancy 3D graphics to enjoy a good game, I love it, simple as that. Expand
  14. Aug 21, 2013
    Gunpoint, while brief is a very fun take on a stealth game. It's about one hour long but don't let that turn you off because it's got really fun mechanics, gameplay and an interesting story. And for the creative types there's even a level editor.
  15. Jan 1, 2014
    Marvellous, marvellous game with a fun story and a great game mechanic. Really interesting use of stealth hacking and puzzles and the level design is superb. Just buy it, you won't regret it.
  16. Jun 23, 2013
    Great game, my only negative about the game is regarding the length. It only lasts 3-4 hours max... so take that into consideration when buying it. The stealth/puzzle aspects of the game are exceptionally done, and there are a number of solutions to each mission depending on how violent/stealthy you choose to be. The story line is engaging at least at first, but it gets a bit too cliche toward the end and runs a bit long... but still not bad. Overall, it's an enjoyable game that ends at exactly the right time, highly recommend if you can grab it on sale. Expand
  17. Sep 18, 2013
    Great game. Very simple but a lot of fun. Bought it due to low price but am very happy with it. It is a simple story about being a spy and finishing a job. There are a few choices that are good or bad but the gameplay is fun. This is a game you can play for a few minutes or hours and still be happy with it.
  18. Jun 8, 2013
    Awesome Game Good job, folks
  19. Jun 7, 2013
    Came for the stealth-puzzle-action game, stayed for the freaking dialogues. So amazing. Game's a bit short and could use some polishing here and there especially for its price, but it's still damn great and clever in many ways!
  20. Jun 3, 2013
    Granted I've barely started but so far it seems absolutely sick. I love how you can rewire the circuits you just feel like such a slick bastard. This is how stealth games are meant to be, not just sneaking around for ages before getting caught then its all over. This game forces you to be stealthy as the enemies fire immediately which is awesome IMO, it means you have to do the game the stealthy way MOST of the time. Sometimes you get lucky. ^_^ Expand
  21. X0R
    Jun 18, 2013
    love indie games like this, very fun, creative, can play for 10-15mins for a quick session, cool options at a reasonable price. Would definitely buy again from this developer.
  22. Sep 17, 2013
    I recently finished one playthrough of this game, and it was was on my best recent gaming experiences. Gunpoint combines simple but innovative 2D stealth mechanics and puzzles into a game where you really feel like a cross of James Bond and Spiderman. The jumping mechanics are fun and fit into the general tongue-in-cheek humor of the pre-mission dialogues, while keeping the game compelling by making failure a very real thing one shot and you're dead. Even something as simple as punching guards is far more fun than it has any right to be. Multiple play styles are supported and rewarded as well, such as super-stealth runs, nonviolent runs, and speedrunning.

Add in its cheap selling price, and Gunpoint is a joy and steal. Check it out if you have any interest in this kind of game at all you won't regret it.
  23. Aug 4, 2013
    This game is a lot like my ex: short, ugly, smart, and a lot of fun. What makes Gunpoint special is that, unlike any other puzzle platformer I've played, it lets you create your own solutions to problems instead of forcing you to figure out the only correct one. You flick a switch, a guard shoots his buddy in the back, the sound detector picks that up and opens the door for you. Have you done something like that in another game? In Gunplay, you can. But you don't have to. Man, I miss my ex... Expand
  24. Jun 8, 2013
    Really liked the game, been following its development for a while now and the music, humour of the story and especially the unique mechanics make it a great puzzle platformer.
  25. Aug 14, 2013
    The 'Crosslink mode' is what really makes this game so fun. It's a very original idea that I've never really seen before which allows you to rewire the electronics in a building. The possibilities of what you can do in Crosslink mode are almost endless it makes you be able to access rooms you otherwise wouldn't be able to, kill guards easier among many other things.

This game is let
    down by how short the story missions are and I'm annoyed because I like the game so much but there's very little left for me to do on the game. I hope to see some extra missions released eventually from either the developer, Tom Francis, or from users in the Steam Workshop. Expand
  26. Aug 1, 2013
    Although being an amazing strategy with a lot going for it, it is too short. I had finished the game within a few hours and considering i spent a lot of time on each level to get a perfect score. If they were to make the game considerably longer and maybe add a few new gadgets then this would be one of the best puzzle/strategy games i've ever played. :D
  27. Sep 13, 2014
    As some have pointed out, Gunpoint is a well calibrated stealth game in the sense that it won't force you to wander around the map forever to avoid being spotted or having to kill any guard. The auto-save mechanism, which lets you restore the game state in five different points in the last thirty seconds approximately, helps a lot in alleviating the weight of making mistakes. This results in a more relaxing game-play.
    The plot is catchy and intriguing, and evolves in different ways depending on your decisions. There are several points along the story where you have to take moral choices. The interventions made by different characters, including the main character, make unimportant situations hilarious and important situations transcendental.
    Last but not least: wire-jacking mechanics. They are simple but powerful, and enable you to solve puzzles in many different ways.
    The only cons to this game is its "small scale". It is a little bit short in duration (around 4 hours if you take your time...) and you don't have much freedom to decide which perks you want to improve to add apt the game-play to your own.
  28. Jun 10, 2013
    Very nice puzzle, with great story. I wish the storyline was longer, but that's pretty much the only complaint. Graphics is intentionally simplistic, but really it doesn't need to be anything more.
  29. Jun 10, 2013
    Gunpoint is a very good game, to me at least. I played through the campaign in 2 hours, which is pretty short, and I immediately jumped back in to replay some levels. I can easily see myself playing trough it at least one more time. The story is pretty good, and some of the jokes were genuinely, actually funny. From what I've seen, the level editor is quite limited- (missing some pretty important stuff) and inflexible. Furthermore, there is no steam workshop support, although the dev has confirmed hes working on it. Also, considering its made on game maker, its sure as hell more stable than Hotline Miami- I haven't found a single bug yet, although the steam overlay is misaligned :P

If you are even remotely interested in stealth games, (I hate all other stealth games besides Dishonored and Mark of the Ninja), I suggest you give this a try, you won't regret it.

This deserves a 10 as soon as we get some editor support :D
  30. Jun 13, 2013
    One of the few indie games I really enjoyed playing through, my only problem with it is that it doesn't last for very long, but if you want something new and refreshing this is a game I would definitely recommend.
  31. Jul 31, 2013
    I love it! The simplicity combined with awesome and challenging puzzles is just really cool! The enemies are each, I feel, with a different personality. My only complaint is that you can easily kill Guards and Pros, but why are the Enforces so godlike? Anyway, very good game. Brilliant idea, fun, simple, adorable graphics, instantly you will love this game. It will keep you hooked until the end.
  32. Jun 6, 2013
    Just absolutely amazing mix of puzzle and thrilling stealth action. One of the most fun platformers I have ever played. It pushes you to question and analyze the environments so you can use gadgets and stealth to perfect espionage.
  33. Jun 3, 2013
    Tom Francis (creator of Gunpoint) did an amazing job, not only with the design of the game itself, but with the entire process, knowing when to listen to feedback and when to do things his own way, as well as assembling an awesome small team of artists and composers to really make Gunpoint fit the theme he wanted perfectly. I was in Beta, and I've purchased the game too of course, and I've played through it over 35 hours now. Not bad for a "3-5 hour game" I'd say. Right now it's $9, normally $10. For a finished game that is as fun as this, that's a steal. Try the demo, too, as it even has a bit of humor that you get at the end! Don't like Steam? You can get the demo and a DRM-free copy on the game's website (www.gunpointgame.com). The two special editions both include in-game developer commentary, which I'm not even halfway through the game and already I'm laughing, learning, and truly enjoying what Tom and his Team have to say. Whatever you do, don't miss at least trying this one! Expand
  34. Jun 4, 2013
    The overall art aesthetic in this game is awesome. Music, story, art awesome. The one problem that took a point off for was the controls. I can't put my finger on why they don't work very well, but as tight as the rest of the game is I'd expect better. On the other hand I have to really call out the music, though. Jazzy and mysterious. I want whoever wrote the score to write me a life-theme that I can walk into any room and feel like I own it. Expand
  35. Jun 5, 2013
    Such a creative masterpiece for and experimental project. Breath taking game-play in simple video and outstanding audio pleasure. Some unexpected gunshots literally add me jumping out of my chair in fright! The different routes you can take in a mission and optional mission routes really helps this game feel more personal and really helps buff out what feels to be too short of an experience. This game makes you feel like a genious spy and you give yourself all the credit. I can't wait until some form of publishing our levels comes out so I can enjoy this game even more deeply! Great work Tom! Expand
  36. Jun 6, 2013
    One of the best indie games 2013!
    The campaign might be a little short,
    but doing the time it lasted, i was entertained
    to the max, and, the story was really well glued together.
    9/10!
  37. Jun 8, 2013
    Although being a short experience (about 3 hours to complete the story), Gunpoint promises and delivers an efficient and fun to play puzzle platformer that will make you fell a genius. As for the story, the developers explored efficiently the "film noir" concept, creating a dark, rainy scenario with a great and versatile soundtrack and the typical "noir" story based on crime and deception. Without spoiling anything, I must say that in the end, there is an inedit feature that I would like to see on future videogames: you get too choose the sentences to build your own final monologue, creating some sort of Max Payne-esque goodbye letter to Richard's (the main protagonist) adventure. What a brilliant idea! There is also a surprysingly easy-to-use level editor that allows players to create their own levels/puzzles, although lacking a proper place (as far as i know) for Gunpoint players to share them. To conclude: Gunpoint may be short, but man, it was sweet! Expand
  38. Jun 12, 2013
    I often find that the best games are those with a simple premise, but one which is executed to near perfection. That is the case in Gunpoint.

What is so satisfying about the gameplay is that nearly everything works how you think it should and how you would want it to. Nearly any elaborate system that you can theorise can be put into practice, and whilst it might not always work as
    intended, it is always possible to see why, keeping frustration to a minimum. It also facilitates for significant emergent gameplay, with numerous solutions available that probably even the designers did not envisage.

It is this emergent gameplay that allows the rather short length of the game to be forgiven. Played straight through, completing missions only in the first way that you think up, rather than looking for more elegant solutions, the game will only last around three hours. For a $10 game this may be too short for some people, however in my opinion the significant replayability of the game negates concerns regarding its length. At the time of writing I have put in a solid 8 hours to this title, and still feel there are numerous solutions still to be discovered.

theindiegamereview.com
  39. Jun 21, 2013
    The game makes you think outside of the box. With very cool and unique abilities to alter your settings opening many possibilities to complete a level in anyway you like, whether it be full on stealth to a fast speed run, you decide! The game comes with a good story which allows the user to pick 2-3 options on what they can say, which will have a slight impact. The graphics and music fit perfectly well together with the feel of the game. I'm glad a very fine puzzle game has come out. It very well represents puzzle games. Expand
  40. Jun 22, 2013
    For lots of people that have been wanting to know this the game's age rating is going to be a twelve, the company was going to release it as a fifteen but dew to the graphics and the gameplay this is what you have hope this really helped you guys
  41. Jun 24, 2013
    Great new game. You can play each level over and over trying to come up with new ways to finish it.
    The story is definitely not the greatest. But it contains great dialog that makes you laugh alot.
  42. Jun 25, 2013
    Really great platformed. The music, story and game play all mesh together to create one astounding game. Although it was short, I see a Steam workshop on the horizon.
  43. Dec 27, 2013
    Gunpoint is an example of why I appreciate indie games. A superior design (mechanically and aesthetically), soundtrack, and an appropriate difficulty curve make Gunpoint totally worth the price. Pick it up!
  44. Jul 21, 2013
    This game has an old school 8 bit feeling. I like the puzzles on the levels, but for me is a bit easy and was too fast to finish the game. Would be good to have more levels, or DC levels or even level editor so the fans could create more fun. definitely worth the money!
  45. Jul 23, 2013
    :O
    ok im back gunpoint is a game thats good you have 1 gun lots of alarms lots of panels you can jump high i mian high thares a line that shows you whare to jump my bros have it im not telling yu names or mine only for pc
  46. Jul 28, 2013
    Everybody should buy this game. If I ever get a million dollars I will buy this game for all the starving children of Africa. They should really get to play it before they starve to death.
    In all seriousness, try the demo, if the writing doesn't grab you then let the gameplay. If neither click with you then I'm sorry, I don't know how you made it this far in life being dead inside.
  47. Aug 16, 2013
    Fun, concise little indie game that knows exactly what it wants to be and does a great job of it. If anything, it could've been a little longer, but its length didn't really bother me while I was playing it, especially considering its price.
  48. Aug 27, 2013
    One thing I love about this game is it's dialogue! Something that is not usually seen in video games are the "ironic" answers and questions! This game has them and it's one of the reasons why I love this game.
    The game itself is short, but funny and those who are looking for a puzzle challenge combine with stealth will most certainly enjoy this game.
    Simple gameplay and interface
    mechanics that work, alongside with good graphics and clever characters and enemies make this game a short, but punching wonder. Expand
  49. Sep 12, 2013
    I bought the game because it looked like an interesting little platformer, and instead I was pleasantly greeted with one of the most genuinely funny, and genuinely fun games that I've played to date.

You play as Richard Conway, a freelance spy working on the case of the recently deceased Selena Delgado. Throughout the story you contact people of interest and potential clients through
    your phone, which gives you around three response-options where the clients can respond back. It's an interesting means of progressing the story and it works well, using humor that can be taken by some as childish, but is overall hilarious and doesn't rub off as cheesy. Almost nothing in the game rubs off as cheesy or cliche despite the extreme prevalence of corniness in similar movies and games. The only thing is that the game was assembled with the YoYo GameMaker, which leaves limitations on certain aspects of the graphics, but is overall unnoticeable.

The mechanics of movement are very easy to pick up and master. You can walk, climb along ceilings and walls, and use your absurdly powerful 'super-trousers'. The combination of the 3 makes for some of the best movement mechanics I've ever encountered with a game, seeing as there is almost no room for anything to go wrong. You can jump, scale, and tackle from any part of the map with ease and it's a blast. Since the platforming aspect itself is almost clean as butter, most of the challenge in the game comes from the very innovative 'Cross-link' system. Essentially you are given the ability to rewire any component of the building at will, 'use this button to open that door, or use this security camera to send the elevator to that floor'. It too works cleanly and effectively, meaning that most of the game is spent thinking about the most efficient means of completing the objective. The game just plays as it should, no complications.

The art-style and music form this noire-esque type of feel and they work wonderfully together. The music sounds like something that should play when a real detective is working on a case. Opening Cross-link mode turns the music into a slightly muffled but slightly techni-fied version, giving a techy feel to an otherwise retro game.

The story and length of play are the only things that leave something to be desired. Most people will finish the game in 3-4 hours, and the story as a whole doesn't do the rest of the game justice. Bear in mind that each individual segment of the story is executed perfectly, but that the pieces don't seem to work so well when put together. Regardless, I think the game is a steal for 10 bucks and is well worth anyone's time to play, the game is easy and an overall fun experience. Nothing detracts from the game enough to warrant a decrease in score: it does it's job, and gets out. That's all I ask for from a game and Gunpoint has done just that and more in a new manner. There's nothing like it, buy it.
  50. Nov 28, 2013
    Excellent game, really engaging in its own little world. Strikes a nice balance between challenge and frustration. Not the longest game in the world but its a much better choice to do a decent amount v well than a lot poorly. Looking forward to future games from this dev.
  51. Dec 2, 2013
    Gunpoint is a very interesting strategy game to say the least. The art style is nice, although it seems like a lot of games now days are going down the 8-bit art style path. The silly yet humorous remarks are fun to read and can put a smile on any gamer's face. The game takes about 2-3 hours to complete your first time playing it, which can be annoying. However, there are reasons to play through the game multiple times. Even though the game play doesn't change, the dialogue does. In order to get all the achievements you need to get different endings of the game as well. Lastly, the game mechanics are what glue all the good things together. No tutorial is presented before you're thrown in to the game, which is nice for simple games like Gunpoint. In all, this game is worth whatever money you spend on it. Expand
  52. Dec 28, 2013
    I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Hotline Miami. Having a door accidentally smash you in the face, because you rewired something incorrectly, never gets old. I just wished it was a little longer.
  53. Mar 14, 2014
    Playing this game made me feel like i was playing minecraft with a manly boner. The graphics are awful, the gameplay is awful and the guns were like shooting seeds out of water melons. Awful game which is deserves a 10 out of 10.
  54. Jun 1, 2014
    Gunpoint is a game you only see in a lifetime. I don't expect there will ever be anything like it.

In the game you're some sort of mix between spiderman and a spy. You can leap from buildings, climb on the walls and pounce any any for an instant kill/knock-out, while at the same time having to hide from your enemies, because not only are the enemies killed in one hit: you are too.
    Sneaking in the dark, waiting for the right moment to pounce your target, or to sneak past him; it's all up to you. The game doesn't have one way to beat stages and you can choose whether you want to be a stealthy spy, or leave a trail of bodies.

It may not sound like it, but even more than action, there are puzzles involved. Shortly, you'll be able to rewire pretty much everything. You can use light switches to open doors and cameras to turn off the lights. This is very important because you usually can't get in and out without it. There are also several ways to do this and the game gives you a lot of space. During dialogues you also have different options and you can be honest, but you can also decide to keep information.

The visuals are very basic. I have to admit: at first, when I saw the game for the first time, I was like: I'm not going to play this. Even for me those graphics are bad. However, in 5 minutes I was hooked. The graphics may be bad, but there are exactly the things you need. There isn't a whole lot of stuff to see, other than what's useful.

About the gameplay there isn't really anything bad to say. However, the game isn't all good.
    The game starts out very easy and it will remain so for the most of the game. At one point the difficulty increases and it seems as if you're finally past the tutorial. It's nice, but... as soon as you've beaten it, only one stage remains. The final stage is a poor excuse for a final stage. In the upgrade screen, you'll be able to get an upgrade that renders pretty much everything useless. No need to be stealthy anymore. Just destroy everyone in your path with ease. Even if you do die, you'll be back in no-time, because with dying, you can literally jump a few seconds back in time. The choice is even up to you how long, making any mistake barely noticeable.

Luckily each stage has a rating. Getting A+ on every stage takes a little more time, meaning you can play it a little more, but after that, the game doesn't have much to offer. Even with the getting A+ every stage, the game is short and very easy. The game is like a raw diamond. It's amazing and great, but it could have been one of the best games ever, if the creators decided to be done with it so fast. A shame, but nonetheless a very fun game, as long as it lasts. Don't expect it to take more than 3 hours, and that is with getting a perfect score on every stage.

8.5
  55. czr
    Jun 17, 2014
    An excellent game with a great soundtrack. Its a shame it is so short, but I enjoyed every minute of it. The workshop user created levels are a great way to extend your playtime with it.
  56. Jul 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a really fun and addictive game it has lots of hacking fight which is fun for most people so I score this awesome game 10% and I hope Gunpoint 2 comes out because it such a wonderful game It's one of my favourites. Expand
  57. Jul 18, 2014
    I really want to give this game a 10 but there just isn't enough of it. And that's my only gripe. This game is fantastic. A few quid and its well worth the money.. An entertaining story with fantastic old school new skool game play.. It is frustratingly addictive and is fun to replay but I still feel that there should be more. Maybe I am just greedy? Great game.

Happy Gaming
  58. Aug 18, 2014
    Gunpoint weaves an interesting storyline and fun, simple but challenging gameplay together. It is a 2D platformer that adds a lot of great features that make the gameplay easier and more interesting. There are optional challenges during missions that serve to make easy missions harder. There is a great respawn mechanic that allows you to pick up play 2-10 seconds before you died, meaning lots of boring trekking from the last save point is removed. The crosslink system allows you to get through levels in any number of inventive ways, and really makes speedrunning far more creative. The music is, like many indie games, fantastic and very well suited to the game's vibe; I keep listening to it over and over at work (go "Five Floor Goodbye"!). The gameplay rewards lateral thinking, good planning, and some precise timing. Like many stealth games you can go for every conceivable approach e.g. kill every guard; knock out dangerous guards, touch nobody and leave no trace, etc. This definitely adds to replayability, and allows people to challenge themselves to go all Solid Snake on the guards (I'm afraid there's no cardboard boxes in game).
    The storyline is very good, you'll find yourself trying to solve the case yourself with the information people give you, you'll find yourself actively wondering whether to trust some people or whether they have their own agendas, you'll find yourself invested in the fates of those people who help you through the game, and you'll find yourself deciding whether to dispense your own justice, or leave it to the state. You'll feel involved in the plot, and will have some satisfaction finishing it off. Definitely a good buy.
  59. Jun 5, 2013

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Stealth, puzzles and film noir mix beautifully. The only criticism is that it’s over too soon. [Aug 2013]
  2. Aug 8, 2013
    Delightful and clever, but also a bit limited. [Sept 2013, p.74]
  3. Aug 2, 2013
    10 dollars spent on Gunpoint is 10 dollars well spent. [CD-Action 09/2013, p.68]