8.4

1. GGR
    Nov 12, 2014
    A very fun stealth beat em up with a massive amount of weapons/gadgets to choose from this game never gets old. With fantastic writing and a great variety of levels it keeps you playing. And a amazing level editor that allows you to upload them to the steam workshop therat leaves you with more to do after the story. But with a now very overused art style it does not stand out from theA very fun stealth beat em up with a massive amount of weapons/gadgets to choose from this game never gets old. With fantastic writing and a great variety of levels it keeps you playing. And a amazing level editor that allows you to upload them to the steam workshop therat leaves you with more to do after the story. But with a now very overused art style it does not stand out from the crowd. Also the £6.99 price may be slightly to much for some. But despite this it gets a 7 for a brilliant story with a unique stealth system and gadgets that will make you laugh. But the big price tag and not very unique art style dont help it. Expand
  2. Sep 18, 2014
    Gunpoint came as a surprise. It's a 2D stealth game where you go around rewiring circuits so you can control doors, cameras, and even the pistols of enemies. It is a neat mechanic and is honestly quite the enjoyable little game. I was even glad to find that not only is there a good story, but it's comical as well. My biggest complaint is how short the game is. My first playthrough didn'tGunpoint came as a surprise. It's a 2D stealth game where you go around rewiring circuits so you can control doors, cameras, and even the pistols of enemies. It is a neat mechanic and is honestly quite the enjoyable little game. I was even glad to find that not only is there a good story, but it's comical as well. My biggest complaint is how short the game is. My first playthrough didn't even last 2 hours. My second playthrough lasted less than one hour. With the exception of the final level, I finished every other level in 5 minutes or less. I don't even consider myself to be good at games such as this so that's quite short. However, the game is cheap and there is steam workshop support so you can download custom levels to extend your playtime. Expand
  3. Jun 10, 2014
    Interesante juego de plataformas e infiltración en el cual se hibridan distintas mecánicas, puzzles, gestión de recursos, historia, etc. Interesante adquisición.
  4. Apr 3, 2014
    It's an entertaining game, getting a bit repetitive and very, very short. Definitely not a 10 EUR title since it is comparable to some of the better online flash games out there.
  5. Feb 23, 2014
    This game is really fun, some levels are really challenging as well. Solid gameplay, good controls and a cool puzzle game in general. My main problem with it is how short it is. I don't believe it is worth 9 bucks, wait for it to go on a good sale because it is incredibly short. They should have put in more upgrades, buyable items and more missions. If the story is done they could includeThis game is really fun, some levels are really challenging as well. Solid gameplay, good controls and a cool puzzle game in general. My main problem with it is how short it is. I don't believe it is worth 9 bucks, wait for it to go on a good sale because it is incredibly short. They should have put in more upgrades, buyable items and more missions. If the story is done they could include other missions.

It feels rushed almost, on how short it is. In the end it is a really fun stealth, 2d puzzle game but it feels like a wasted potential on how limited when it comes to content.

Overall 7 is a reasonable score, I think if they release a sequel they should have a longer story, more missions and more upgrades/buyable items.
  6. Jan 18, 2014
    A somewhat interesting puzzle game with excellent writing and rather primitive pixelated graphics. It's definitely not for everyone. The story is fun but isn't deep or anything, it feels very unoriginal. I didn't buy it after finishing the demo. Even though there is a hilarious dialog before the final "Buy game" button is presented, it's still not worth buying.
  7. Nov 23, 2013
    Gunpoint is a very fun game but I want to play more! This game is incredibly fun but the story is so short and there isn't much to replay the game for.

The crosslink mode is unique, and allows you to rewire enemy electronics in a building. The aim is to hack the computer and although there is a decent storyline in-between missions, the missions never really change. Another minor

Another minor problem I have with this game is that I find it too easy. I think instead of making the game progressively more difficult, the missions instead just went longer and more tedious.
  8. Sep 26, 2013
    This game is quite enjoyable. The mechanics are neat, the atmosphere is stellar. But as mentioned before by most people, it is quite too short. The minute you start losing yourself in the story and you get used to your controls and powers, they are all robbed from you in a lack lustre ending.

For this game to really go up in value, other investigations need to be added. It's not really that hard to randomise levels with similar layouts and similar objectives with a bit of dialogue to explain why you're doing it. An even better way to add value would be to unlock a level editor shareable through the steam workshop. That in itself would render the game limitless with a minimum effort from the developers.
  9. Jul 4, 2013
    After I started playing this game, I really wanted to give it a ten. It has a great sense of humor, and I loved the gameplay, story, and overall noire style of the game (including a great soundtrack.) But here's the thing, it simply didn't have enough content for me. I bought this game at 9:00 pm one night and had finished literally every mission the game had to offer by midnight. I stillAfter I started playing this game, I really wanted to give it a ten. It has a great sense of humor, and I loved the gameplay, story, and overall noire style of the game (including a great soundtrack.) But here's the thing, it simply didn't have enough content for me. I bought this game at 9:00 pm one night and had finished literally every mission the game had to offer by midnight. I still think it's brilliant, but I honestly would have liked a bit more for my money. So I guess a positive spin on it is that when all is said and done, you'll want more of this game. Alot more. Other than that, it's pretty great and in the end, still worth your money. Expand
  10. Jun 24, 2013
    After buying and completing the game I was left there alone thinking that that game needed WAY more levels. From beginning to end I enjoyed every single level and if this game was a beverage, I drank everything including the ice cubes. The non-linear level design was what really made the game. Completing every level was satisfying and I don't even like 2D games. Price should be $5After buying and completing the game I was left there alone thinking that that game needed WAY more levels. From beginning to end I enjoyed every single level and if this game was a beverage, I drank everything including the ice cubes. The non-linear level design was what really made the game. Completing every level was satisfying and I don't even like 2D games. Price should be $5 instead of $10 if the game is that short. I was left thirsty. Expand
  11. Jun 24, 2013
    very good game but well be HD and on ps3 or Xbox 360 or wii u or ps vita !!!
    The game needs a strong publisher and the game is developed in the future in order to become one of the best thinking and planning
  12. Jun 23, 2013
    So I played the game through fully and to be honest, it's just too short. I finished it in a single 3 hour sit down, with nothing to do afterwards but play with the level editor.

But the 3 hours I did play were full of enjoyable gameplay, writing, and aesthetic feel. It's a fun, "retro" look with fun, 50's styled characters and spy jobs... But in a modern setting (what with all the

It's a fun, "retro" look with fun, 50's styled characters and spy jobs... But in a modern setting (what with all the technology).

The gameplay's solid, give or take a few bugs that I found on a second play through (thank goodness). One interesting bug was that I could glitch through doors with a full powered and fully upgraded jump. Another fun bug was missing a major in-game cutscene and skipping straight to the end.

I enjoyed the ride, but for the price, it was a bit scaling.

If the game ever goes on sale for $5 or less, I urge you to buy it.
  13. Jun 12, 2013
    Gunpoint had an unexpected fresh gameplay, it is innovative and offers parts in which you can decide what to do. I liked the humor in most dialogs which also offer the possibility to choose an answer. But on the other hand it is too short for its price and the leveleditor is part of the steam workshop which makes it difficult to share your customized missions. All in all it's aGunpoint had an unexpected fresh gameplay, it is innovative and offers parts in which you can decide what to do. I liked the humor in most dialogs which also offer the possibility to choose an answer. But on the other hand it is too short for its price and the leveleditor is part of the steam workshop which makes it difficult to share your customized missions. All in all it's a surprisingly good indie game which offers excellent but a bit monotonous gameplay with possibilities for improvements. Expand
  14. Jun 9, 2013
    gunpoint it's a well crafted flashgame, so don't expect much more from it.
    it's very engaging until the end, but the problem is that the game last about 40 minutes.
    not worth 9 euros (os steam) in my opinion, but if you find it on sale, grab it.
  15. Jun 7, 2013
    This game is a great stealth/puzzle game, and the ability to change the wiring of the world is a fantastic feature and makes this much more interesting then your average stealth game. The game also have comical jokes appearing every now and then. Being able to have multiple choices for the dialogue. The game's level editor also improves the overall game-play and allows more complicatedThis game is a great stealth/puzzle game, and the ability to change the wiring of the world is a fantastic feature and makes this much more interesting then your average stealth game. The game also have comical jokes appearing every now and then. Being able to have multiple choices for the dialogue. The game's level editor also improves the overall game-play and allows more complicated levels created by the consumer.
    The game however, is quite short, and the level editor isn't as powerful as I wish it would be, I finished the game entire game in about two hours. Also, some points of the dialogue are broken, such as in one level, I disable all the cameras and was never seen by them, but the dialogue after that still said that I had walked right in-front of a camera. The level editor is also not linked with Steam Workshop, which makes sharing levels a lot harder and makes finding levels a bit of a pain.

Overall, it's a nice stealth game and it's level editor sorta makes up for having a short story, the game-play is great and it works great.
  16. Jun 7, 2013
    The game is great. The music, the theme, the story, the dialog and the gameplay all are satisfying. Unfortunately the game is extremely short and will usually take you 2 hours, 3 hours if you replay some levels to get the best ratings. The editor is nice but misses a lot of features such as missing sound detector, custom connections (currently the game only allows linking to their nearestThe game is great. The music, the theme, the story, the dialog and the gameplay all are satisfying. Unfortunately the game is extremely short and will usually take you 2 hours, 3 hours if you replay some levels to get the best ratings. The editor is nice but misses a lot of features such as missing sound detector, custom connections (currently the game only allows linking to their nearest pair object i.e. camera alarm, panel door) which limits creative freedom by a huge margin. Also there is no inbuild system to rate or download custom maps. This could have been fixed by support steam workshop but as of now it is rather tedious and inconvenient to find user created content to fight off the extremely short gametime. Expand
  17. Jun 3, 2013
    Granted I've barely started but so far it seems absolutely sick. I love how you can rewire the circuits you just feel like such a slick bastard. This is how stealth games are meant to be, not just sneaking around for ages before getting caught then its all over. This game forces you to be stealthy as the enemies fire immediately which is awesome IMO, it means you have to do the game theGranted I've barely started but so far it seems absolutely sick. I love how you can rewire the circuits you just feel like such a slick bastard. This is how stealth games are meant to be, not just sneaking around for ages before getting caught then its all over. This game forces you to be stealthy as the enemies fire immediately which is awesome IMO, it means you have to do the game the stealthy way MOST of the time. Sometimes you get lucky. ^_^ Collapse

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Stealth, puzzles and film noir mix beautifully. The only criticism is that it’s over too soon. [Aug 2013]
  2. Aug 8, 2013
    Delightful and clever, but also a bit limited. [Sept 2013, p.74]
  3. Aug 2, 2013
    10 dollars spent on Gunpoint is 10 dollars well spent. [CD-Action 09/2013, p.68]