Guns of Icarus Online PC

8.8

1. Dec 2, 2012
    I've never heard of this game before, until yesterday, and i'm in love. The steampunk art-style is well designed and fit perfectly, remind me of Treasure Planet. The felling of the guns are good and the felling of driving the ship is even better.
    Except few bugs this game is perfect, find a couple of friends to play with, open Teamspeak and have fun.
  2. Jan 8, 2014
    This game provides hours upon hours of competitive, complex entertainment that only few could get tired of. Customize your player, airship, and take to the high skies as either a mechanic, gunner, or pilot. Your loadouts and skill will lead you to victory or certain defeat. Numerous maps, achievements, and tons more to enjoy, one can easily spend hundreds of hours competing for victory inThis game provides hours upon hours of competitive, complex entertainment that only few could get tired of. Customize your player, airship, and take to the high skies as either a mechanic, gunner, or pilot. Your loadouts and skill will lead you to victory or certain defeat. Numerous maps, achievements, and tons more to enjoy, one can easily spend hundreds of hours competing for victory in this action-packed, thrill & skill based title: Guns of Icarus. Expand
  3. Sep 11, 2013
    this game is fun for a bit. can get repetitive playing alone. if you have friends to play with it is fun. i can only stand to play maybe 2 hours at a time. at 20$ im not sure it's worth it unless you got it on sale for 7$ or whatever it was.
  4. Jul 25, 2013
    A terrific, immersive co-op/competitive game.

You and three others crew an airship of your choice. I can't think of a better way to endorse this to others. You're in an airship...as a crew against other player teams and there airships. The physics of all the ships and there guns work intuitively match making is quick and painless, I can only think it's launch was dodgy given the
    A terrific, immersive co-op/competitive game.

You're in an airship...as a crew against other player teams and there airships. The physics of all the ships and there guns work intuitively match making is quick and painless, I can only think it's launch was dodgy given the lukewarm reactions from so called "professional" critics, but when have they ever mirrored the views of gamers in general?

Again a steampunk airship game.
  5. May 18, 2014
    The game gave me quite an amount of entertaiment but you have to like this sort of asymetrical gameplay. Also teamplay is a must. You have to be ready to be the cog in the machine sometimes. Whats the biggest pro of the game? You can jump in for a low price and have everything avaiable from start. No level restrictions for ships and items, you dont have to spend hours until you can finallyThe game gave me quite an amount of entertaiment but you have to like this sort of asymetrical gameplay. Also teamplay is a must. You have to be ready to be the cog in the machine sometimes. Whats the biggest pro of the game? You can jump in for a low price and have everything avaiable from start. No level restrictions for ships and items, you dont have to spend hours until you can finally use something. You can log in, play for an hour, have fun and then log out. You remember? Like games where before everything had to have a bloody progress bar. Expand
  6. Mar 26, 2013
    Very original game.

Very original game.

I am no fan of the Unity engine but this game makes it look good. Teamwork, Teamwork and Teamwork. If you like to work with a team of people then this is the game for you. Lone wolf players really have no hope of getting anywhere in this game. The community is great at welcoming and helping new players. You will need some help and advice when you start playing this game so make sure you jump on a crew that is using voice communication.
  7. May 17, 2014
    Heyyo, when this game came out is was buggy and broken and the publication reviews show it... but the devs have stuck by the game, constantly improving it and adding more content and features such as clans and events (among other recent additions such as customizing the ship which is badass), and it definitely deserves another try for anyone who is a fan of Air Bucaneers. This game isHeyyo, when this game came out is was buggy and broken and the publication reviews show it... but the devs have stuck by the game, constantly improving it and adding more content and features such as clans and events (among other recent additions such as customizing the ship which is badass), and it definitely deserves another try for anyone who is a fan of Air Bucaneers. This game is better than Air Bucaneers in many-many ways. It runs great, looks great (especially compared to other Unity Engine games) and is very enjoyable with a group of friends. :) Expand
  8. Nov 23, 2012
    I have been following the development of this game and was quite optimistic about it. However I started to have bad feelings about it when I launched the Beta version of it - very laggy, gameplay was glitchy and not as exciting as I hoped. Despite this I still was hoping that these problems would be fixed. Unfortunately, I was left disappointed. The final version is less laggy, alas itI have been following the development of this game and was quite optimistic about it. However I started to have bad feelings about it when I launched the Beta version of it - very laggy, gameplay was glitchy and not as exciting as I hoped. Despite this I still was hoping that these problems would be fixed. Unfortunately, I was left disappointed. The final version is less laggy, alas it still has a lot of problems. The gameplay hasn't really improved, you get bored quite quickly, there's not much space for strategy. Overall, it's okay but could have been so much better. Expand
  9. Nov 24, 2012
    The Good: Steam punk, coop/competitive play, stats tracking

Neutral: Heavily skill based The Bad: Bugs, bugs, bugs, crashing Guns of Icarus is probably one of those love or hate type games. It has a great theme to it and the air battles are loads of fun. The downside to it is it is online only and the practice version of the game is pretty basic and doesn't give you the complete
    The Good: Steam punk, coop/competitive play, stats tracking

Neutral: Heavily skill based

The Bad: Bugs, bugs, bugs, crashing

Guns of Icarus is probably one of those love or hate type games. It has a great theme to it and the air battles are loads of fun. The downside to it is it is online only and the practice version of the game is pretty basic and doesn't give you the complete feel of a battle, so what might work in practice... might get you killed in the actual battles.

Being a heavily skill based game it can feel the teams are extremely lopsided at times, often I've found teams to be 0 and 5 in a duel match and you throw in a Captain who doesn't understand all their skills and when and how to use them they might be doing more harm to your air ship than the enemy is.

Speaking of Captains, it's a tough two-sided coin, a Captain needs experience to be any good and in order to do so they're going to have to man a ship online at some point, and this can be a frustrating experience for the crew as well, constantly out of range, getting themselves in death traps, etc.

All this doesn't break the game and I think gives the game a lot of great depth, but a more casual player may find this game a bit rough, at least if they find themselves in the captains spot.

My main problem with the game is the crashing, my game crashes typically once every round, if I'm playing with a friend this isn't to bad because the game loads very fast (Thank you Muse games! Seriously, thank you!) so I might crash but I'll be back on the ship in a matter of seconds, literally.

A great game overall and I enjoy it, I wish there was more suspenseful moments in it though, since you never really get the feeling your are being barraged with thousands of rounds, even falling off the ship is inconsequential since seconds later you are back on board doing whatever it is you do.
  10. Jun 6, 2013
    Awesome steampunk setting with great team-work potential. The airship battles are great especially if you have a good crew. They require some strategy though, so don't heistate to read game's wiki.
    It's delicious and creamy with cherry on top if you can get your friends to play it I unfortunately could not because my friends are not into steampunk (I'm not either, or I wasn't untill I played this game). There are microtransactions but they are ONLY comsetics so don't worry about it and you get some of them for achievements. Graphics are pretty decent, airships look very detailed and interesting. It bored me after some time because of not much content atm (though they're producing new monthly) and because each match with random players is a roulette you can find friendly, experienced crew members or retarted kids with no brains and girly voices. Luckily it's usually the 1st case. Give it a try, don't hate steampunk untill you try it
  11. Apr 28, 2013
    It's very rare to enjoy a match. Lag spikes are very often and ruin the fun and the worst of all is that captains have NO control over their crew. If I can't find three friends matches are no fun at all because everyone wants to play as a gunner. I would prefer to have the AI play an engy instead of having two gunners in a ship that doesn't need two gunners.

Very bad design choices.

Very bad design choices. Give captains a way to pick classes for and kick members of their crew else you are limiting this game to those that are able to form groups of 4 friends.
  12. Nov 10, 2013
    Steampunk-style airships battle each other in team fights on a fairly limited amount of maps. There is no PvE mode, only competetive modes. Each ship has crew of 4 players on it, with different roles (gunner, engineer, pilot and one is additionaly a ship's captain). Co-op part of the game is done very well, victory usually depends on a good cooperation between crew members and shipSteampunk-style airships battle each other in team fights on a fairly limited amount of maps. There is no PvE mode, only competetive modes. Each ship has crew of 4 players on it, with different roles (gunner, engineer, pilot and one is additionaly a ship's captain). Co-op part of the game is done very well, victory usually depends on a good cooperation between crew members and ship captains. Surprisingly large amount of people use microphones and are actually willing to coop, so playing with randoms is perfectly viable if you don't expect to win every time. You can also play with bots in your team, and they are quite decent. Learning how to play it's quite easy and controls are pretty intuitive, so it's easy to pick up.
    There are various types of ships and captain can customize ship's weapons to his liking's, which is a good thing, but it could have been deeper than just weapons...You can also customize your character with special equipment (like special ammo types for gunner) which makes the game a bit more interesting, and customize looks of your character with a huge selection of masks, helmets, costumes and what not, however keep in mind that FOR MOST COSMETICS YOU HAVE TO PAY WITH REAL CASH those that are free don't look hideous so you can enjoy it without paying. Also all usable items are unlocked for free, without paying.
    Technically game is quite good, very stable and with almost no glitches. Graphics look a little dated, and there are silly things like not being able to see other ships' crew members, which makes you fight ghost ships that steer themselves.
    The game's main problem is lack of content. Even though devs are pumping content patches every now and then (over the course of 3 months it was hmm I think 1 ship and 1 new map, so not much .
    It is getting bored really quickly, because there are about 4 maps in this, not counting the tutorial map which is just a huge empty desert. There is not enough equipment and ship types/weapons to keep you interested for long. It all becomes extremely retentive after a few days/weeks deepening on your repetitiveness tolerance. Having a friends as your crew certainly would help increase the fun though.

Overall this is a decent game with a great price (I bought it for about 5 I think). Grab it if you like steampunk and co-op PvP games that are challenging but easy to pick up
  13. Jul 23, 2013
    A game that could have been great but ruined by the learning curve and incredibly rude player base. The tutorials teach you the bare minimum with no information about how the different matches work. The player base must be the second rudest I've come across (beaten only by Eve Online.) People yell at you for repairing things, for not repairing things, for buffing things, for notA game that could have been great but ruined by the learning curve and incredibly rude player base. The tutorials teach you the bare minimum with no information about how the different matches work. The player base must be the second rudest I've come across (beaten only by Eve Online.) People yell at you for repairing things, for not repairing things, for buffing things, for not buffing things. I've had strings of profanity thrown at me for daring to buff a gun that someone was using. Not at all the welcome a person on their 1st or 2nd match needs.

Appearance wise, the game is nice enough and has some scenic moments. The graphics clip often and the sound can skip when too much is going on.

In short the game is not release worthy and not welcoming to new players. Keep away.
  14. May 28, 2016
    Pros:
    -Some of the best multiplayer gameplay mechanics ever, its even better than Left4Dead.
    -No pay-to-win, and no level bonuses, so newcomers have same capabilities as veterans. -A friendly mature community, mostly (at least better than CoD etc.) -easy to learn, difficult to master. -epic battles with up to 32 players divided across 8 airships (4v4). Cons: -Indie game (low
    Pros:
    -A friendly mature community, mostly (at least better than CoD etc.)
    -easy to learn, difficult to master.
    -epic battles with up to 32 players divided across 8 airships (4v4).

Cons:
    -Indie game (low budget feel), with some rough edges.
    -How much fun you have depends very much on who you play with - you will meet some totally incompetent players on the same ship as you, who can ruin the fun. Example: 12 year olds who take captain role and don't know how to fly and disconnect the first moment the ship inevitably starts to lose.
    -If you like to be able to "go it alone" without relying on others, this game is not for you. Teamwork or die.
    -The tutorials for beginners could be better. You will have to learn a lot of things the hard way.
    -Dated graphics (but it still "looks and feels good").
    -Small player base - only about 200 concurrent gamers in the evening.
    -Games often take a long time to start (waiting in lobby for other players to ready up).

A friend recommended this. I had modest expectations and the game has exceeded them.
    I used to only play RedOrchestra2 online, but I liked this game enough that I have added it to my regular online gaming diet.

This is a severely underrated game that deserves a much bigger player base. Its great to play with your friends, otherwise its still decent, but not as good.
  15. Jul 25, 2013
    Just bought it during a Steam sale. I regret not buying it sooner, even at full price. Such an amazing concept very well executed. The community is awesome, so many people have mics.
  16. Dec 15, 2013
    This is a really nice game, the community is amazing and it's a great TF2 supplement. The gameplay mechanics are on spot. The graphics are nice too but I kinda have an outdated processor so I can imagine it's better than what I see =P. You can customize just about anything on the character and this game is blessed with having low prices. I recommend this =3
  17. Nov 2, 2012
    Great game if you have a bunch of friends who would also want to team up with you and man an warship of the skies! 1) Co-Op: Cooperation is a must. Captians have to talk the other teams Captians to organize attacks. Engineers and Gunners will often spot an enemy long before the Captain sees it. And of course when the ship is damaged sometimes everyone has to chip in an repair. Lots ofGreat game if you have a bunch of friends who would also want to team up with you and man an warship of the skies! 1) Co-Op: Cooperation is a must. Captians have to talk the other teams Captians to organize attacks. Engineers and Gunners will often spot an enemy long before the Captain sees it. And of course when the ship is damaged sometimes everyone has to chip in an repair. Lots of frantic shouting over the games voice communication normally leads to success. A great game if you have a bunch of friends that want to man a steampunk combat airship with you.

2) Graphics: Very good at making yo feel like you are flying. Lots of cool smoke and cloud effects. Could use a little work here and there but overall very convincing and good. 3) Gameplay: There are three classes to choose from Captian (Pilot), Engineer, or Gunner. Obviously the Pilot is very important for the success of the ship. He/she has to constantly evaluate where the best place is for the ship. It helps if you have a crew that communicates... ie hey move the ship to the left a little so I can actually hit an enemy (since the guns have limited movement), or hey there is an enemy below us (since the Pilot can't see everything). Altitude advantage and knowing where your guns are is important. The Engineer is very meh for me... you run around trying to repair stuff or buff stuff. The Engineer can man guns but he has limited types of ammunition o choose from. Still... good engineers can really increase a ships survivability. The gunner is just raw fun. Point and shoot at stuff. Use cool ammo and make stuff blow up! Regardless of what class you play, EVERYONE has to chip in to help the ship succeed. Voice chat (already provided) is great in this game. There are also a large variety of guns and ship classes with different pros and cons. 4) Interface/match making. This aspect needs some work. It would be nice to be able to just form a party with a group of friends and join an available match. Also there are some glitches where you will exit out of match (you can rejoin though. Overall, for $20 its great for some cheap thrills with friends. You can just hop in for a thirty minute romp. Or you can play all night. Its a casual game but has some depth too. Its very novel and fun. As long as the developers keep working on it (and they seem to be) this game will grow into something awesome.
  18. May 6, 2013
    It's an interesting game and it can be enjoyable when you're with a lot of friends. There just isn't enough here. New maps and other game modes are great, but when the basic controls of the game are too basic, the game never goes anywhere.
  19. Oct 31, 2012
    I created a Metacritic account today just to provide a review for this game because Guns of Icarus Online is that Great of a title. You don't have to be an aviation nut (I am), you don't have to enjoy steampunk (It helps) and you certainly don't have to dedicate hours (which I sometimes do) to enjoy this title. It's the type of game that you can log in for 30 minutes and leave with someI created a Metacritic account today just to provide a review for this game because Guns of Icarus Online is that Great of a title. You don't have to be an aviation nut (I am), you don't have to enjoy steampunk (It helps) and you certainly don't have to dedicate hours (which I sometimes do) to enjoy this title. It's the type of game that you can log in for 30 minutes and leave with some great memorable game experiences.

I've been beta testing since August, and I have to say, impressed is an understatement. The Muse Games team has a real gem of a game and here's why:

1. Voice Feature. Sounds simple, but really, how many games do you play today that has a push to talk feature built into the game? This voice feature really enhances the game experience and promotes dialogue among strangers. This is worth it's weight in gold.

2. Continual improvements. While this game just left Beta, that doesn't mean the team is slowing down, they are constantly adding new content, new maps and are focusing on producing a persistent DLC adventure mode. 3. Balancing. Ships feel well balanced, as does the logistics, the development team is doing a great job of addressing player concerns on a case by case basis. There is room for improvement, but as is, the game feels polished and engaging. The one point I'd dock is for lack of an ability to fire on another ship with a blunderbuss or a pistol. I hope they re-evaluate there position on this, but as it stands, this is a ship-to-ship strategy game.

4. Graphics and Audio. Pump that settings up to high and fly your way through a very beautiful world. Muse has created some very interesting environments that allows for some very fun gameplay options. When your in there world, you feel immersion, excitement and drama.

5. Developer Team. Very small but very connected to the community, they listen and they respond to the tester team, they continually improve the game and they keep a very transparent policy when it comes to artistic direction, technical specs and resolving issues. I see this team growing along with there wonderful concept of a game.

Now go buy the game and see what I'm talking about. You will not regret it.
  20. Jun 26, 2014
    This game absolutely deserves a ten. Incredibly immersive and atmosperhic world and fantastic gameplay with lots of planning and teamwork. And it only costs 3,74 euro now on steam.
    If you like games that require thinking and cooperation, do yourself a favour and buy this one, you won't be disapointed. This game beats every BF and all the other kiddie crap any day.
    And while you're at

And while you're at it, do yourself another favour and convince at least two friends to get it as well.
  21. Nov 25, 2012
    Such a great game. A few of my friends and I got the game at the same time and are having a blast. The game is super easy to learn, and is some of the coolest gameplay I've ever seen. Teamwork is a must, so if you don't have buddies to play with, it might not be the best game for you. My only complaint is that the in-game costumes for your character cost real money.
  22. Nov 26, 2012
    This game is loads of fun with friends. We spend hours just playing this game when we all have free time, and its great. Clothing is a little over priced, and I'd like to see more ships and more guns, but this would only be icing on the cake. A solid game through and through.
  23. Dec 15, 2012
    Okay - Good points: Great, romantic, steam punk high adventure, naval-like battles with magnificent flying machines, creative weaponry and an emphasis on teamwork, producing exiting combats on spectacular backgrounds. Lots of space for strategy. Epic music, too. Bad points: Half-developed game on a background that just screams for more; ankle-biting bugs regarding animation andOkay - Good points: Great, romantic, steam punk high adventure, naval-like battles with magnificent flying machines, creative weaponry and an emphasis on teamwork, producing exiting combats on spectacular backgrounds. Lots of space for strategy. Epic music, too. Bad points: Half-developed game on a background that just screams for more; ankle-biting bugs regarding animation and communications; lack of a user-friendly tutorial, and finally, an accessory store that takes real-world money - but on the last point's defense, these items are purely decorative, and bestow no in-game bonus of any other kind. 7/10 for all the potential; the introduction of adventure modules would probably give it more value. Expand
  24. Dec 18, 2012
    graphics are beautiful! good 3D, nice composite, animation is really stylish! when i just started it was not easy to get into, but later it gets addicting!! when you play with friends it's the best!
  25. Jan 1, 2013
    Airships battles in a steampunk setting and a focus on coordinated teamwork. Does that sound interesting? Well let me tell you more. There are 3 character classes, pilot, gunner and engineer, each which a primary role. Respectively: steering the ship, manning the guns, and repairing damaged parts. Now, when you start playing a match, you can't switch classes anymore (for obvious balancingAirships battles in a steampunk setting and a focus on coordinated teamwork. Does that sound interesting? Well let me tell you more. There are 3 character classes, pilot, gunner and engineer, each which a primary role. Respectively: steering the ship, manning the guns, and repairing damaged parts. Now, when you start playing a match, you can't switch classes anymore (for obvious balancing reasons), but fortunately you get the option to multitask. You can freely run around the ships while you fly and are not stuck doing the same thing every time. If there's no need for repairing, an engineer can for instance quickly man a gun. Each class gets to choose 3 skills or tools for its own specialization, and one for the other two types. For instance, when being an engineer, you can pick 3 engineer perks, one gunner perk and one pilot perk. That way you're never completely useless taking over another role briefly, something which I really like. Now let's talk about the ships, seeing as they're the stars of this game. Each vessel is customizable to a certain degree. There a 6 different types of ship you can choose from. They range from quick but frail to sturdy but sluggish and several variations in between. They're all layed out differently as well, forcing you to learn the pro's and cons and how to get around on each one if you want to get good at the game. This isn't just important for defensive purposes like knowing the best route around the ship to get to a damaged part, but also to know what to aim for as a gunner, and what to steer clear from as a pilot. The goldfish for instance has its heaviest gun on the front. So you have to either try and stay at its side or be able to decommission the main cannon to stay out of harm's way. That brings me to the ship customization. There are a fixed number of weapon slots on each ship, predetermined for heavy or lighter gun types. While you can't just put any heavy cannon randomly on your ship, you do get to choose between various different guns for each slot. A fun setup for instance, is getting a lighter ship and having a heavy lumberjack cannon on the front, which does extra damage to balloons and also put some flamethrowers on the side. That way you can swoop in, cripple your enemy's vessel by forcing them into a descend, and then turn up above and around them and burn the ever living hell out of their ship. This will set their equipment on fire so any repairs are hampered, forcing them to keep plummeting and smash into the ground underneath! This is especially handy to take down the very sturdy but sluggish galleon type ship, as their main guns are on the lower sides and they would have a hard time aiming upwards at you while you burn them. It is well balanced however. This approach isn't going to be that effective when you take on more agile ships. People who complain that this game's not very tactical clearly don't have a grasp of the mechanics. In fact, if you fly into battle with no clue as to what you're doing, you're going to get crushed. But despite the learning curve, it's still tons of fun. Especially when you have a good crew going and have a mic. Another plus is that there's a built in voice chat with two channels: one for your own ship's crew, and one for all ships on your team. Pretty damn handy. I do have some very minor gripes with the game. It tends to crash to desktop every so often. However, the loading times are incredibly short and there's even a quick re-join button on the main menu that gets you right back into the match. If you crash it might literally only take 30 seconds to get back to your crew. Another thing is that the spawning might get a little glitchy for a few seconds, graphically. I think it has to do with the way the game loads. I've had the odd ship part glitching out too, but nothing too terrible. Actually, I've encountered very few game-breaking bugs overall. Another low note is the character progression, there isn't really much to say right now. Since the latest update you can level up your classes by doing various challenges. However, the only thing that you can unlock right now are costume pieces, which means that if you're going into the game as a complete newbie, you're going to have all the abilities and tools that a veteran player has. I can't think of anything more fair than that. I kind of regret not having the possibility to create a more personalized character model though. While you can also buy costumes from the (real) cash shop, there's very little in terms of facial editing. I ended up getting a (admittedly awesome looking) gas mask for my male avatar, because of it. The developers also promised to keep adding more content in the future and up 'till now, they've definitely kept their promises. You can also often see them online in the regional chat in the main lobby, actively conversing with the players. Concluding: I definitely recommend this one! Expand
  26. Jan 19, 2013
    Truly immersive graphics and audio grabs the player and thrusts them into the middle of a explosive steam-punk universe that many gamers have been craving for. This game shines when it is played with friends as crew.
  27. Jun 21, 2013
    This game is a great idea but for me it quickly got repetitive and rather boring as I found my self repairing the same thing over and over again. If you can get a decent group of friends together the game can be alot of fun and you can have some great moments when you and your buddy's ambush another air ship.
  28. Jan 29, 2013
    A fantastic game where 4-player crews can fight other ships in the steampunk skies of a far off future. My favorite class in the Engineer, where it's your job to keep your ship in the air and put out almost every fire (and there will be fire, trust me). You can either compete with out crews by capturing points on the maps or just shooting each other out of the skies. If you're a fan ofA fantastic game where 4-player crews can fight other ships in the steampunk skies of a far off future. My favorite class in the Engineer, where it's your job to keep your ship in the air and put out almost every fire (and there will be fire, trust me). You can either compete with out crews by capturing points on the maps or just shooting each other out of the skies. If you're a fan of co-op, steampunk futures, airships or all three, this is the game for you. Expand
  29. Jan 30, 2013
    As a Steampunk fan, it doesn't get much better than the retro-futurism of Guns of Icarus Online. While not High Victorian gaslight fiction, the post-apocalyptic setting has plenty of exploding airships, intricate Gatling guns, and dapper aeronauts clothed in leather and canvas. The pace is hectic, and the amount of coordinated teamwork necessary for victory makes for a satisfyingAs a Steampunk fan, it doesn't get much better than the retro-futurism of Guns of Icarus Online. While not High Victorian gaslight fiction, the post-apocalyptic setting has plenty of exploding airships, intricate Gatling guns, and dapper aeronauts clothed in leather and canvas. The pace is hectic, and the amount of coordinated teamwork necessary for victory makes for a satisfying multiplayer experience. Playing with friends, with voice chat enabled, is very enjoyable. The firefights are intense, but its also nice to sit back and watch the scenery go by in the calm before the storm. The artwork that surrounds you is detailed and full of atmosphere. Little touches, like film grain and post processing effects, really add to the experience and make it feel like you are part of an old film. It's a little rough around the edges, but a fun time overall. Expand
  30. Jan 30, 2013
    Fantastic game. It deserves all the support it can get. Great mechanics, a lot of action, superior teamwork. Most importantly, devs are in constant communication with players.

Metacritic's score does not do justice to the game. In fact, I think their policies are opaque and skewed. There are tons of great reviews out there for this game and they're not even here. Screw Metacritic and GET THIS GAME NOW!!!

1. May 19, 2013
    There is some fun to be had with this game, and there is definitely a lot of potential given how the game is still evolving even though you can play it now.
  2. Nov 30, 2012
    It's good to see there are still developers who dare to try something different. Because let's be honest..how many zeppelin sims are out there now? Exactly. Guns of Icarus Online offers a fun concept, working together with some random players on a flying fortress, trying to defend it from other, similar foes. Bugs and lag cause major disappointment however. That's a shame, because the idea is great. Let's hope a great amount of patches will deal with these problems.
  3. Nov 16, 2012
    Despite its visual beauty and impressive execution, limited gameplay and general bugginess hold everything back. This beast has room to grow. When it does, expect great things. For now, a little turbulence makes for a bumpy ride.