Guns of Icarus Online PC

8.8

1. May 17, 2014
    Heyyo, when this game came out is was buggy and broken and the publication reviews show it... but the devs have stuck by the game, constantly improving it and adding more content and features such as clans and events (among other recent additions such as customizing the ship which is badass), and it definitely deserves another try for anyone who is a fan of Air Bucaneers. This game isHeyyo, when this game came out is was buggy and broken and the publication reviews show it... but the devs have stuck by the game, constantly improving it and adding more content and features such as clans and events (among other recent additions such as customizing the ship which is badass), and it definitely deserves another try for anyone who is a fan of Air Bucaneers. This game is better than Air Bucaneers in many-many ways. It runs great, looks great (especially compared to other Unity Engine games) and is very enjoyable with a group of friends. :) Expand
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    Just bought it during a Steam sale. I regret not buying it sooner, even at full price. Such an amazing concept very well executed. The community is awesome, so many people have mics.
  3. Dec 15, 2013
    This is a really nice game, the community is amazing and it's a great TF2 supplement. The gameplay mechanics are on spot. The graphics are nice too but I kinda have an outdated processor so I can imagine it's better than what I see =P. You can customize just about anything on the character and this game is blessed with having low prices. I recommend this =3
  4. Jun 26, 2014
    This game absolutely deserves a ten. Incredibly immersive and atmosperhic world and fantastic gameplay with lots of planning and teamwork. And it only costs 3,74 euro now on steam.
    If you like games that require thinking and cooperation, do yourself a favour and buy this one, you won't be disapointed. This game beats every BF and all the other kiddie crap any day.
    And while you're at

And while you're at it, do yourself another favour and convince at least two friends to get it as well.
  5. Dec 18, 2012
    graphics are beautiful! good 3D, nice composite, animation is really stylish! when i just started it was not easy to get into, but later it gets addicting!! when you play with friends it's the best!
  6. Jan 19, 2013
    Truly immersive graphics and audio grabs the player and thrusts them into the middle of a explosive steam-punk universe that many gamers have been craving for. This game shines when it is played with friends as crew.
  7. Jan 29, 2013
    A fantastic game where 4-player crews can fight other ships in the steampunk skies of a far off future. My favorite class in the Engineer, where it's your job to keep your ship in the air and put out almost every fire (and there will be fire, trust me). You can either compete with out crews by capturing points on the maps or just shooting each other out of the skies. If you're a fan ofA fantastic game where 4-player crews can fight other ships in the steampunk skies of a far off future. My favorite class in the Engineer, where it's your job to keep your ship in the air and put out almost every fire (and there will be fire, trust me). You can either compete with out crews by capturing points on the maps or just shooting each other out of the skies. If you're a fan of co-op, steampunk futures, airships or all three, this is the game for you. Expand
  8. Jan 30, 2013
    Fantastic game. It deserves all the support it can get. Great mechanics, a lot of action, superior teamwork. Most importantly, devs are in constant communication with players.

Metacritic's score does not do justice to the game. In fact, I think their policies are opaque and skewed. There are tons of great reviews out there for this game and they're not even here. Screw Metacritic and GET THIS GAME NOW!!!
  9. Jan 30, 2013
    An incredibly beautiful project and original gameplay. Guns of Icarus Online one of my favorite releases from the past few months. It's incredible to see such a highly polished game produced in Unity. I always login to play a quick match, but find myself addicted for hours, screaming at my crew and having a complete blast! If you have 3 gamer friends and need a great game to play, thisAn incredibly beautiful project and original gameplay. Guns of Icarus Online one of my favorite releases from the past few months. It's incredible to see such a highly polished game produced in Unity. I always login to play a quick match, but find myself addicted for hours, screaming at my crew and having a complete blast! If you have 3 gamer friends and need a great game to play, this game is a must. Expand
  10. Jan 31, 2013
    AWESOME GAME!
    Finally, a game that relies on teamwork and strategy, like an action packed game of chess. Super addictive and thrilling. So many interesting maps and play modes. Love the stylized art and animation.
    HURRY UP AND JOIN MY CREW!
  11. Feb 23, 2013
    Love it lots of fun. Good to see a new and original concept for a game. some annoying bugs which the devs are working on, other than that its a great game.
  12. May 15, 2014
    Played one game so far, and absolutely in love with it.
    Exactly what you want to expect in a airship battle game.

Control your own airship, fly it the way you want to with a crew in a FPS style and setting.
    Do battle with random people and fight your way with friends.

If I sound like I am advertising this game, then good got it from the Indie Bundle and absolutely loving it.
  13. Mar 2, 2013
    This game is an intense steampunk game. It has got some bugs but I use Linux for it so that might be the case. The game has no stop action once I come off it I’m straight back on it again even though some of the prices are over priced their still cheaper than team fortress 2
  14. Jul 15, 2013
    This game is a jewel that is highly underrated and underplayed. The general concept is that you and three others man a Steampunk airship of various set types (of which you can customise the loadout of to your choosing) and take them to glorious battle.
    You chose from one of three classes: Pilot, who flies the ship; Gunner, who shoots stuff; and Engineer, who keeps the ship in the air by repairing damage.
    Overall, the sheer focus on teamwork is what makes the game great. In this game, more than most, a team who communicates and works together will almost all the time prevail against a team that does not. If you are at all interested in this quite unique game, you should definitely try it out.
  15. Jul 30, 2013
    This is a fantastic co-op game with your buddies as you struggle to maneuver and rebuild your zeppelin. Even if you're playing with random people, I found that they were helpful and informative. A big complaint I have with this game is that the tutorial is pretty poor because they only teach you the very basics of the game, but with a little bit of digging and asking around you couldThis is a fantastic co-op game with your buddies as you struggle to maneuver and rebuild your zeppelin. Even if you're playing with random people, I found that they were helpful and informative. A big complaint I have with this game is that the tutorial is pretty poor because they only teach you the very basics of the game, but with a little bit of digging and asking around you could figure it all out. The lack of people is another issue, although it's not too much of a game issue it really can hurt a multiplayer only game, but even with the low amount of servers this I never find a problem in finding a game. I haven't experienced this myself or haven't realized it, but I found it worth mentioning that the developers play there game often and you can chat with them about the game, which is pretty cool. (Got that info from a friend who players the game.) About the low ratings, it's due to the fact that this game started off really buggy and glitchy but has since then been fixed and works perfectly fine. (at least to my knowledge.) In general, I really like this game and it's worth picking up, especially since it goes on sale a ton on steam. (Currently 66% off.) Expand
  16. May 4, 2013
    High quality fun game.

If you are looking for a squad team based game which a little bit different from the rest I would suggest Guns of Icarus Online. Looking forward to adventure mode.
  17. May 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very good Indie-Steampunk-Teambased Game. It´s easy to find Teams and if you have a Headset, it´s easy to communicate. The Ingame-Voicechat is easy to use and mostly works, if u have experienced Players, which understand the game.

The Game is easy to learn, but hard to master!
  18. May 13, 2013
    This game deserves a 10/10.
    This game deserves a 10/10.
    It has great creativity in every ship, suit and weapon's. The game is quite a bit of content for a little 10$ since it is on sale on steam. People seem to complain to much about things that are extremely small, for example the in-game shop that allows players to change their characters look, for 5$ you can get a complete outfit for yourself and your class, but this is not in any way going to give you any unfair advantage, purely cosmetic. Aside from that they are working on expanding the game for free! An adventure mode that allows you to interact with NPC's creating great quest's that interact with other opposing city's. For more information check their website, they are an incredible team.
  19. May 15, 2013
    Amazing game! Different ships, weapons, and character upgrades work together to make for many different strategies whether it is sticking back picking other ships off from a distance or running up and close in a speedy ship in hit and run missions or just bashing your way through on the tank of a ship absorbing damage but being a sitting duck compared to the more maneuverable and quickerAmazing game! Different ships, weapons, and character upgrades work together to make for many different strategies whether it is sticking back picking other ships off from a distance or running up and close in a speedy ship in hit and run missions or just bashing your way through on the tank of a ship absorbing damage but being a sitting duck compared to the more maneuverable and quicker ships. All the weapons and ships seem to be pretty well balanced, The important thing is that the four person crew works together. Voice chat is a plus and the in game voice chat makes that easy. Every now and then you get someone in a pick up game who refuses to work together but all in all the community seems to be very friendly and helpful in getting new players into the game and comfortable with the roles they choose. Combat is a good mix of frantic gunning repairing and piloting one minute then short breather and doing it all over again. Strategy lovers may enjoy the strategy and planning that goes in equipping their ship out with different combinations of weapons to meet different situations then the challenge of piloting their ship to get off the perfect broadside or hit and run strike on a heavier armed vessel. Expand
  20. May 25, 2013
    The official score for this is waaaay too low! I haven't had this much fun working together with my team since the L4D games! No lie! This game is flying way under the radar! I score this as a perfect 10, yes it has some bugs to be worked out but in this day in age, by the time most of you read this they would have been worked out.

I love this game so much i created an account to give

I love this game so much i created an account to give Muse their much deserved props! 64 is a terrible score for such an innovative well designed game. With adventure mode on the way, and plenty of other things the future for this game and it's developer is very bright indeed! The classes work well, the controls are tight, the visuals are very nice, and it also runs perfect on a low end system such as mine.

The music is nice and ques in and out when it seems to fit the situation best, all of the sound effects are spot on. Communication in this game is the key to victory. Captains will have to talk to their crew, and the crew will have to relay enemy positions to the captain. Captains can even talk with other captains using the C key to keep the team up to speed and coordinate attacks and defense.

I could go on and on about the things that make this game an absolute blast to either pick up and play for 20 minutes, or set aside a weekend with some friends for non stop competitive mayhem! This game has my FULL support and respect! Well done muse!
  21. Aug 11, 2013
    Guns of Icarus is a modern masterpiece tackling a style of game play that few have ever tried and most have failed. The game is imersive and beautiful with very in depth mechanics, definitely a game to be played with friends for some all out fun.
  22. Jul 24, 2013
    I've been playing Guns of Icarus since shortly after it's beta, and seen it grow tremendously in that time. Although the game has a brutal learning curve, the reason that curve is so high has more to do with learning to co-operate with the small team crewing the ship with you then it does with the actual gameplay.

Guns features outstanding visual, sound, and gameplay, and packages them

Guns features outstanding visual, sound, and gameplay, and packages them together in such a way that wining or losing comes down to team work first, and experience a close second. Every ship handles differently, and it took an investment of around 15 hours for me to get over the steep curve and really begin to enjoy flying the skies.

I can honestly say that I have had more fun in one 45 minute match with Guns that anything else I have played, ever. When your team is really on, it's like winning a superbowl.

I won't bother to review the 3 different classes, or how each ship differs, or what gun is the shiniest, all that really needs to be said here is this: If you are looking for an online, co-operative experience, you owe it to yourself to join this fantastic community.
  23. Aug 4, 2013
    I find this game thrilling and addictive to play. I am really looking forward to the promised adventure mode. Every game is different from the last which is a really good aspect of the game. This game is best if you have a couple of friends to take to the skies with you as it make the co op side of the game much easier. It doesn't matter if you don't have friends to team up with the gameI find this game thrilling and addictive to play. I am really looking forward to the promised adventure mode. Every game is different from the last which is a really good aspect of the game. This game is best if you have a couple of friends to take to the skies with you as it make the co op side of the game much easier. It doesn't matter if you don't have friends to team up with the game has a great integrated voice chat system which makes co op 10 times easier. The great thing about each class (pilot gunner engineer) is they can do the other classes jobs i.e a pilot's and gunners can repair but they do not have a ll the tools so they may not be able to deal with a fire for example. The game looks great. Expand
  24. Aug 6, 2013
    The moment I saw this game, my head nearly exploded. It is the ultimate combo of steam-punk, team-play, role-play, and shoot 'em up. The general idea of the game is already enough to make most people to at least try it out. I hope the developers can create more amazing games such as this one.
  25. Aug 8, 2013
    I absolutely love this game and no matter what critics think i will always love it. its got great unique game play. The Co op is brilliant with friends or alone and no matter what position you pick the game you play will be completely different.
  26. Aug 20, 2013
    A truly impressive title. This game is one of a kind, emphasizing teamwork in a way that only a three-legged race could before it. In any other "team game" I've played, you still kill players, and each player has a k/d of his own. Not so with Guns of Icarus.

Each kill is a ship destroying another ship, not a gunner gunning down the pilot or something. Every ship requires teamwork to fly, repair, and gun. While the beginner random matches are still fun, this game really shines if you join one of the many clans or teams for GOI, and start practicing with that group.

Then, Guns of Icarus Online becomes a search for perfection. You and your crew try to work as one unit, as a united ship, the ultimate goal being to basically merge into that one fighting unit.

This game includes beautiful steampunk/deiselpunk maps set after a catastrophic World War I that never ended. The ships are amazingly well designed, both for gameplay and for visuals. The guns feel powerful and handle well, ranging from the close-range shotgun weapon, the carronade, best at destroying the enemy balloon, to everyone's favorite Manticore Heavy Hwatcha, a 20-missile barrage that can utterly destroy every gun and engine on a ship if aimed right. (Oh, and it has a lion head, and looks epic. Possibly the most satisfying weapon to fire.)

But gunning isn't all there is to Guns of Icarus. On the flip side, it is the Engineer's job to fix the damage those enemy gunners do. Being an engineer is a frantic duty, and after a few hwatcha barrages, and everything turns red (completely destroyed, needs to be rebuilt from scratch), you'll find you have quite a task. Playing engineer is very rewarding though, and not something you see in a ton of games.

If that wasn't enough, Muse Games, the devs, are currently developing an adventure mode, placing the battles we currently have in a living post-apocalyptic world where factions fight among themselves for scarce resources.

The devs are super committed to this game and all their players. Not many games actually have the devs playing in the weekly scrimmage league or holding free matches against them, where if the enemy wins, they get free hats. You often see a blue name in chat answering questions about the game and trying to help out as many folks as they can. Every single email I've ever sent them has been answered within the same day, by a human, with very helpful advice. They are amazing.

In summary, buy the game. It's amazing.
  27. Aug 21, 2013
    Grab 2-4 friends, chose tasks and have fun. It looks, sounds and feels amazing. Incredibly immersive Guns of Icarus will make you feel like you're actually on the ship. Each role(Engineer, Gunner and Pilot) always feel needed and you never feel left out. My only quarrel with Guns of Icarus Online is you'll find people will leave games very easily; but this isn't the developers fault and itGrab 2-4 friends, chose tasks and have fun. It looks, sounds and feels amazing. Incredibly immersive Guns of Icarus will make you feel like you're actually on the ship. Each role(Engineer, Gunner and Pilot) always feel needed and you never feel left out. My only quarrel with Guns of Icarus Online is you'll find people will leave games very easily; but this isn't the developers fault and it shouldn't turn you away. Expand
  28. Aug 24, 2013
    This game is a great engaging experience if either if played with friends or played with strangers. The game's music and aesthetic is phenomenal, really setting the mood for hectic airship fights. There are limitless number of strategies and tactics you can use and it leads to some very interesting decision making with friends. My crew and I spent hours just testing out ships in practiceThis game is a great engaging experience if either if played with friends or played with strangers. The game's music and aesthetic is phenomenal, really setting the mood for hectic airship fights. There are limitless number of strategies and tactics you can use and it leads to some very interesting decision making with friends. My crew and I spent hours just testing out ships in practice mode to see what we'd use for each situtation. The three classes have important roles that feel like you're making a difference in the tide of the battle.

At the end of the day, this game is a strategic "airship on airship" gem, and with adventure mode coming out in 2014, my hopes are even higher, not to mention all the upcoming updates that are planned by Muse Games.

This game fills that tactical style of play that other games do not have.
  29. Oct 9, 2013
    A boatload of fun. Cooperation surely needed and I love that!!! Not quite sure what game the "critics" were playing........ They were probably high or not very bright, maybe both.
  30. Mar 16, 2014
    An absolutely magnificent piece of work. An original and engaging game, Guns of Icarus Online is an absolute thrill to play either with strangers in its matchmaking mode or with your own crew of steampunk rogues.

There's really nothing like dashing in and out of pitched battle raining fire in your Squid, opening up a full broadside barrage with a Galleon or dashing in headlong with a Pyramidion, putting your navigational skills and cunning to the test.

How about dashing to and fro, making your way through the inner corridors of a mighty Mobula, dousing fires and repairing damage as you, your toolkit and your technical ingenuity become the only things keeping the great beast afloat?

Or maybe that's not your style. No, leave the fiddling about to the wrench jockeys. The gunner's for you. Be it taking your enemies apart piece by piece with the deadly accuracy of the Mercury Field Gun, or simply letting loose with a gatling gun like Reb Brown (screaming optional but encouraged). Break out the big guns and fire off a few dozen missiles with the Manticore Hwacha, or turn their balloon to shredded cloth with the colossal Lumberjack mortar. If you're feeling particularly nasty, perhaps use incendiary rounds. Need one massive blast in a pinch? Let them have it with a single massive Lochnagar blast. The choice is yours, and there's plenty of it.

Whatever your preference, you're sure to find a role in the best, most cohesive teamwork I've ever seen in a game since the release of Artemis. Make no mistake, though. In the words of Malcolm Reynolds, only a fool don't know that his family's his crew, and if you haven't joined up with your own, you'd best make friends fast, or there's no way you'll survive.

The only reason I've ranked this a ten is because I can't rank it higher.

1. May 19, 2013
    There is some fun to be had with this game, and there is definitely a lot of potential given how the game is still evolving even though you can play it now.
  2. Nov 30, 2012
    It's good to see there are still developers who dare to try something different. Because let's be honest..how many zeppelin sims are out there now? Exactly. Guns of Icarus Online offers a fun concept, working together with some random players on a flying fortress, trying to defend it from other, similar foes. Bugs and lag cause major disappointment however. That's a shame, because the idea is great. Let's hope a great amount of patches will deal with these problems.
  3. Nov 16, 2012
    Despite its visual beauty and impressive execution, limited gameplay and general bugginess hold everything back. This beast has room to grow. When it does, expect great things. For now, a little turbulence makes for a bumpy ride.