Half-Life 2 PC

9.1

1. ThomasD.
    Aug 17, 2006
    An amazin FPS game + the story is wicked right down the core.
  2. SolO.
    Aug 20, 2006
    Despite a story line that may seem a bit trite, this game definitely takes the gaming experience to the next level of realism, suspense, and action. A must have for anyone who likes fun.
  3. MalcolmD.
    Aug 22, 2006
    My personal opinion is that this is in truth the greatest game ever made. I feel this way because it is the 'full package'. Half Life 2 has some of the most fast paced and intense fighting of any FPS, and I think some (emphasize some) of the NPCs are very intelligent. It also has some vehicle senarios (if not the best in the world) which on the whole offer a welcome, and My personal opinion is that this is in truth the greatest game ever made. I feel this way because it is the 'full package'. Half Life 2 has some of the most fast paced and intense fighting of any FPS, and I think some (emphasize some) of the NPCs are very intelligent. It also has some vehicle senarios (if not the best in the world) which on the whole offer a welcome, and enjoyable, change of pace. It also has a good amount of fairly trick puzzles, some of which took me quite some time and some of which were very easy. Also I think it has a quality over looked in many FPSs that makes it really stand out, a plot. The plot of Half Life 2 is quite deep complete with betrayal and lots of other fun twists. Also it is undeniably one of the most beautiful games ever; from the skylines to the textures on the walls to the wrinkles in people's faces. I am proud to give this game a 10/10 and hope that every body plays this game. Expand
  4. LukeM.
    Aug 25, 2006
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  5. LukasL.
    Aug 3, 2006
    Half-Life 2 once again revolutionized the FPS genre. The story is great, plus you have endless hours of play with Deathmatch, especially appealing thanks to the gravity gun - best gun ever.
  6. Doomthing
    Aug 3, 2006
    This game is really good. Though steam sucks, I was able to get around it. I saw zeros in this pile of reviews, and most of them were people complaining about steam. Try reviewing HL2 instead of steam. The reviews on this page are for HL2....NOT steam. Now back to my review. I dont care about graphics at all.....i just focus on gameplay. But i was STILL blown away by the grapchics and This game is really good. Though steam sucks, I was able to get around it. I saw zeros in this pile of reviews, and most of them were people complaining about steam. Try reviewing HL2 instead of steam. The reviews on this page are for HL2....NOT steam. Now back to my review. I dont care about graphics at all.....i just focus on gameplay. But i was STILL blown away by the grapchics and physics. The A.I. could have been made better.....but that doesnt effect my score (also love the story line) Expand
  7. BrettB.
    Aug 6, 2006
    one of the best games i have ever played and i have played a lot of games.
  8. ZackJ.
    Sep 13, 2006
    Overall good games graphics and physics wise but lacked in overall game experince. Way too linear and also a little 2 short for my taste.
  9. CarlosJ.
    Sep 1, 2006
    Probably the best fps ever made. Classics such as Goldeneye and Perfect Dark sit along side it, but this game is revolutionary in the way as a large step foward for video games. Valve raise the bar once again.
  10. EgonB.
    Sep 16, 2006
    HL2 is a fantastic first person shooter which not only delivers most ashtonishing visuals, and near-perfect physics, but also brings incredibly action - all combined with an intriguing and unique science fiction-story.
  11. JamesW.
    Sep 16, 2006
    Words cannot describe the all encompassing genius of this game.
  12. BlaineM.
    Sep 17, 2006
    Absolutely fantastic, I've never seen a game so amazingly thought out. The AI is phenominal, absolutely phenominal. Everything was so intregueing and the graphics, oh, the graphics. I can't even put the graphics into words. Valve, I envy you.
  13. PatrickS.
    Sep 17, 2006
    If I've ever had to rate a more perfect game, I'd be dead. I love it, and the ending is great, and the physics are great too. Personally, I see this game really as a console for gravity/physics that Valve decided to make into a game, with a storyline added. Great game. I LOVED the end. Except for the almost continuous TV-screen taunting. When will Breen learn?
  14. TobiasS.
    Sep 18, 2006
    Great graphics! Great Atmosphere! Bit too linear. But it IS a great game!
  15. Wdntulk2no
    Sep 21, 2006
    Dude what can i say. I STILL haven't found anything with better game play since it came out!
  16. JeffW.
    Sep 25, 2006
    Sweet. Looks even better boosted to a 60 Plasma.
  17. Dajmin
    Sep 7, 2006
    The Source engine is a fine piece of work, and as a showcase for it you can do no better than HL2. You can actually see emotions on character's faces, you can watch the physics react as it would in real life. The storyline is very well done, and sure it has it's cliche's, but I think sometimes they're necessary. It has funny moments and it's "But...but..." The Source engine is a fine piece of work, and as a showcase for it you can do no better than HL2. You can actually see emotions on character's faces, you can watch the physics react as it would in real life. The storyline is very well done, and sure it has it's cliche's, but I think sometimes they're necessary. It has funny moments and it's "But...but..." moments, and basically all of Ravenholm scared the crap out of me! If you've not seen it yet, you'll understand why "we don't go to Ravenholm". HL2 is no longer new, but I think the graphics are aging quite well. It's supposed to look gritty and realistic, so expecting "bloom" lighting is a little silly despite it's appearance in almost every game since Guild Wars. Since no game is perfect and there are a couple of things about HL2 that I'd like to see improved (AI has already been mentioned, and I'd like to have seen more choice in the vehicle levels - take the boat and go the fun way or go by an alternate land route, for example) and expanded on, I'm giving HL2 a 9. Probably 9.5 if I had the option :) Well worth the cost! Expand
  18. KristianK.
    Sep 8, 2006
    It is the best game in the WORLD :P
  19. Daniel
    Oct 11, 2007
    Graphics, physics and sounds are ok. Shooting is in it's own style as expected... Good Old Half-Life feeling is present too =) but the game itself sometimes is too predictable and some places(maps) were made/created without much imagination, especially at the end... too easy sometimes. There are some surpises in the game but they aren't that neccessary.
  20. RobinW.
    Oct 11, 2007
    The original HalfLife took First Person Shooting with puzzles to a new level. It didn't do anything wildly new, but it did everything brilliantly. Characterisation, Plot exposition, Set pieces, Atmosphere, Humour - all were carried off to perfection. How could they improve on this? 2 excellent expansion packs, and many years later, Halflife 2 was their answer - and boy, was it worth The original HalfLife took First Person Shooting with puzzles to a new level. It didn't do anything wildly new, but it did everything brilliantly. Characterisation, Plot exposition, Set pieces, Atmosphere, Humour - all were carried off to perfection. How could they improve on this? 2 excellent expansion packs, and many years later, Halflife 2 was their answer - and boy, was it worth waiting for. This time, Valve weren't content with just doing all the things you'd expect from a modern FPS, and doing them well - they reinvented them all. Each level of the game conveys a different style of playing; whether it be solo, pair or team based combat, full out battles or cunning stealth, HalfLife 2 delivers. The biggest shock to the system is how well the physics model works - far from being a gimmick as it could so easily have been, it immerses you completely with the game world, and becomes another tool to use in solving the puzzles and fighting the enemies. HalfLife2 is a masterpiece. If you haven't played it, you've missed out massively. Expand
  21. Joseph
    Oct 10, 2007
    Half-Life 2 includes many kinds of gameplay, and mixes them together rather well in this first person adventure
  22. JamieH.
    Oct 12, 2007
    absolutely incredible best game of the year =]
  23. AaronG.m
    Oct 12, 2007
    A truly amazing experience.
  24. KoKel.
    Nov 3, 2007
    I always look for plot, and there is alot here. Awesome graphic detail, and the weapons are just too sweet.
  25. mikel.
    Oct 16, 2007
    great game , only one game to me better ..... Tribes vengeance is the only game better.
  26. Nerevar
    Jan 10, 2007
    I played a lot of fps, but half-life 2 - according to me - is one of the most complete experiences of the world of videogames. Gordon Freeman is back and he did it with the best shooter of 2004.
  27. EdD.
    Jan 18, 2007
    Outclasses every other game in this category by a country mile, simply outstanding.
  28. NickG.
    Nov 8, 2007
    It is much better than Half Life 1. I like the plot and duration.
  29. HaraldR.
    Oct 21, 2007
    This is the greatest game ever made!! The guys behind this game has an extreme wild fantasy that makes Half-Life 2 to a werry impressive game. Half-Life 2 has altso a brethbreaking good action.
  30. Spiker
    Oct 21, 2007
    The fact that it's still being compared to other games today (even in the graphics department) is a feat that amazes me. An incredible ride, one that should not be missed by anyone.

3. Playboy