Half-Life 2 PC

9.2

1. DavidS.
    Jun 6, 2008
    Love the game only key board game I play.
  2. EugeneZ.
    Jun 8, 2008
    Just one word for this game... AWESOME!
  3. Nick
    Jun 9, 2008
    My pc was struggling to run this game and I still played through it. This game was great almost a movie.
  4. ChrisP.
    Jun 10, 2008
    This game is very good. If there wasn't puzzles the game could be completed in any time. This game does not just require a monkey to play. It requires a human with a brain to play. The graphics are nice, especially when it was released in 2004. It beated every other game. When Half Life 3 arrives, the world of gaming will get a new action king.
  5. Markus
    Jun 11, 2008
    This was the most entertaining games i've ever played, i give this 10 without a doubt.
  6. TeodorIkonomov
    Jun 12, 2008
  7. TeodorIkonomov
    Jun 14, 2008
  8. AlexG.
    Jun 14, 2008
    This is on of my favorites.. Everything about it makes me want to cry because nothing like it has been done ever in the gaming world.
  9. CraigF.
    Jun 20, 2008
    One of the genre defining games, that fans must play!
  10. AshleyM.
    Jun 22, 2008
    Best ever game made besides Half-Life 1.
  11. AnthonyR.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Excellent game all around. Great graphics, very good as one of the first "next gen" games. Incredible story and game play. Perfect for Oldschool half-life fans like myself and also for newcomers who have never played. Great sound quality. Insanely fun to play on and offline.
  12. FreeScience
    Jun 29, 2008
    Best Story, best Gameplay, best Graphics, best Physics ever !!!
  13. LukeM.
    Jun 29, 2008
  14. JoaoT.
    Jul 2, 2008
    Well, this is the videogame of videogames, this is revolution, i've never seen one pc game so close to perfection . This game is enough for me to cry, it's really good . Amazing shooter, grafics, everything .
  15. PedroS.
    Jul 2, 2008
    Perfect, only the original is equal.
  16. ElangelM.
    Jul 2, 2008
    Wow best game i have seen, ever.
  17. IvanM.
    Jul 6, 2008
    This game good.No its not good..its amazing.For 2004 year its looking very good,good physics and revolution engine with good graph.What else need to enjoy best game of 2004?
  18. ChadD.
    Jul 6, 2008
    Nick C., I take it, has never played DooM or FEAR. This game's gore is mild at best, and has just enough to keep the average gamer satisfied. Yet, I do remember sawing a zombie in half and pausing for a moment in disgust, but after the third or fourth time it becomes more entertaining than sickening. Half-Life 2 is a must buy for anybody who calls themselves a gamer. If you think Nick C., I take it, has never played DooM or FEAR. This game's gore is mild at best, and has just enough to keep the average gamer satisfied. Yet, I do remember sawing a zombie in half and pausing for a moment in disgust, but after the third or fourth time it becomes more entertaining than sickening. Half-Life 2 is a must buy for anybody who calls themselves a gamer. If you think Halo is the best game ever, I feel sorry for you, because you are out of the loop of games and are only seeing what the media blows out of proportion. Half-Life may be unrealistic unrealistic in parts, but what the hell, it's a game. Even the new xbox 360 version has already set the graphical, gameplay, and story telling standard for all games, and it was just released last year. Half-Life will live on in the same way that movies like Rockey have. Gamers will forever cherish their copy of Half-Life, and the expansions that came with it. I highly recommend this to anybody and everybody, even those who have never played a game. Expand
  19. PCGamer
    Jul 6, 2008
    Best Singleplayer Game ever for its time. The Graphics were stunning and the storyline was amazing. I have replayed it countless times and still enjoy it.
  20. TelmoC.
    Jul 8, 2008
    The best game in the world.
  21. CameronT.
    Jul 8, 2008
    Half Life 2 is a long awaited sequel to a classic. It delivers continuous and unmatched action throughout its storyline, and succeeds in facing the user with small packs of puzzle solving and dialogue to keep you having fun, and being immersed!
  22. NicholasG.
    Jul 8, 2008
    Of all of the games I have ever played, Half-Life 2 stands out as the best first-person shooter. The technical prowess Valve showcased with this 2004 release certainly did raise the bar on visuals in a game . No PC game has ever quite influenced the game industry quite as much as Half-Life 2, with legendary physics-based gameplay and the ultimate sci-fi story. Half-Life 2 will be Of all of the games I have ever played, Half-Life 2 stands out as the best first-person shooter. The technical prowess Valve showcased with this 2004 release certainly did raise the bar on visuals in a game . No PC game has ever quite influenced the game industry quite as much as Half-Life 2, with legendary physics-based gameplay and the ultimate sci-fi story. Half-Life 2 will be remembered forever as one of the greatest games ever made. I can't recommend this game enthusiastically enough to convey my feelings towards it, so I'm just going to blandly say, if you are a mature gamer with a working computer, you NEED this game. Expand
  23. jeremyf.
    Jul 8, 2008
    The best game ever. Amazing story and general game play. The multi player is great. The best graphics yet! Oh did i say amazing story, cuz it really is great. This game also has some of the coolist mods ever such as Dystopia. Just plain amazing. 10 is not high enuff.
  24. QuasimU.
    Jul 10, 2008
    Easily the best FPS I have ever played! Graphics are great, physics are amazing, enemy AI is insane, and gameplay is top of the notch. Well worth the entry price, as you will likely replay this.Gravity Gun is the single coolest thing ever envisioned. If you don't have this, go out and buy it now!
  25. EatPeople
    Jul 10, 2008
    awesome game =D anyone who rates it less than a 7 either doesn't know how to have fun, rates the game based on steam which is something else entirely, or is really really easily grossed out, Nick C.... >.>
  26. DillonS.
    Jul 10, 2008
    I felt every emotion. Nuff said.
  27. JayC
    Jul 13, 2008
    Good to know that Nick C bases one of the greatest games in history on how big of a little pussy bitch he is. The game is rated Mature for the older people that have grown out of diapers. Don't review games based on how big of a bitch you are.
  28. TylerC.
    Jul 14, 2008
    This is undoubtedly one of the greatest games in existence from the beginning of time. Only the first Half-Life can compare to its glory. With such an immersive storyline, compelling life-like characters, real-life physics, and exceptional gameplay, Half-Life 2 has raised the bar for what FPS games should be and uses that bar to smack every other game into submission, relentlessly.
  29. TeodorIkonomov
    Jul 17, 2008
  30. DevonS.
    Jul 19, 2008
    This game is one of the very elite, very few single-player games with a steady storyline and linear aspect (not to be confused with sandbox games) that I have played through more than once.
  31. Zephyrh.
    Jul 19, 2008
    It is brilliant, the story is the best part.
  32. JohnR..
    Jul 20, 2008
    Haven't even gone too deep into the game yet, but I can already see that it lives up to it's predecessor's awesome existence.
  33. Tyranick
    Jul 21, 2008
    First of all, Nick C? You have to be one of the stupidist people I have EVER seen comment on here for 5 reasons. 1) What are you doing playing a 18 rated games at 5 AND 13?! 2) Woah woah woah...you think HL2 is more violent that HL1?! You must be blind...people explode into gibs in HL1. In Hl2 you cant do that, yes there's people being hanged and the "scare" element is more severe First of all, Nick C? You have to be one of the stupidist people I have EVER seen comment on here for 5 reasons. 1) What are you doing playing a 18 rated games at 5 AND 13?! 2) Woah woah woah...you think HL2 is more violent that HL1?! You must be blind...people explode into gibs in HL1. In Hl2 you cant do that, yes there's people being hanged and the "scare" element is more severe but...its nothing you couldn't handle surely. And its zombies you split in half not "people" have you even played the game properly? You think this game is violent? Try watching SAW 4 or playing F.E.A.R. you ignorant little child then you'll see. 3) You rate a game based on its level of gore? Really shows your age...GTFO. 4)Eyes bulging from their head? Now I know your making things up. 5) Its people like you who should banned and removed from ratings and reviewing games. You said your self your 13...but you cant even handle the gore in HL2? Wow your the biggest pussy I've ever seen as well...grow up ffs. Now for the review...whats is their to say short of masterpiece? Its the most engaging, most atmospheric, most well designed and most BRILLIANTLY voice acted FPS game there has EVER been. Stunning graphics and physics engine for its time, and still is after nearly 4 years! Cant believe it came out before games like Bioshock and UT3 and such. Its virtually IMPOSSIBLE to get bored of this game. There's ENDLESS easter eggs and secrets to find, messing about with the physics is just spectacular, (And with GMOD really came the extravigance! :D) setting traps with the physics, building defences and making little towers EPIC! Playing with the AI, the epic scripted sequences of the helicopter chases, on foot chas.es...and the suttle little "scares" which keep you on your toes...its not FEAR, but it does the job well :). The only place were you can knock it down is the Team Mate AI. There not the greatest in the world but there not the worst, a lot of the time they will just run out and get them selves killed, or just not move at all, or get stuck etc etc. They can't use a lot of weapos either, only grendages, smg's, pistols and rocket lauchers but, they provide a decent meatshield :). Best part of the game? Well for me it had to be beach and highway 17 etc...I LOVED how the game "opened up" here, and it seemed less linear after your exploits in Ravenholm. The ambience of the ocean waves splashing up, the crowing of the gulls, the suttle remains of car crashes and corpses laying about with there bodies smeared across the ground, or hanging from ropes on trees etc...ooh the atmosphere is unrivaled. Love everything in that sequence. As well as the bridge scene :D. Ideed...only HL1 really comes close. And with all the mods HL2 has its very hard to get bored. With EP1/2/3 out or on there way, the experience continues to grow :D. Well done Valve...keep 'em coming! Expand
  34. WillH.
    Jul 24, 2008
    This was a great game but i do think that the first Half-Life was a little better but this one was a good one hell ill give it a 10!
  35. DamonP.
    Jul 24, 2008
    To put it simply i love this game. I played it when it came with the orange box 4 years after it debut, its way better than halo 3, call of duty 4 or any of that. This game is the best
  36. MarkusP.
    Jul 26, 2008
    I think it´s one of the best games in world. The story is really great and interesting, the graphic is wonderful and the atmosphere is excellent.
  37. JamesT.
    Jul 26, 2008
    Just as revolutionary as the original where FPS are concerned. Gripping story, believable AI, amazing graphics, great game play and so much replay value... What else could you as for? Spawned just as many mods, just as many followers and its legacy lives on. Concerning the violence, it is not over the top, and is justified.
  38. KarlS.
    Jul 28, 2008
    A truly brilliant game, great graphics, great gunplay and the facial animations are the best I've ever seen. This is the ONE unmissable game!
  39. JakeS.
    Jul 29, 2008
    As a modder, mapper, texture artist, and voice actor I must say this game has a great name already. The first game created a powerful foundation, and the second created much more room to really immerse yourself into the gameplay. Bravo guys good work!
  40. Ollskua.
    Aug 1, 2008
    The game is so near the reality because of the source engine, you just cant stop playing!
  41. JonathanC
    Aug 3, 2008
    Absolutely amazing. Great story, great graphics, great AI, great characters. How could you not like this game. Sure not as story twisting as the first but it doesn't mean it's not good still amazing.
  42. N0tiC
    Aug 5, 2008
    This is the Game that i spend most time with, I like the story, the graffic iant that bad either thought. Sure, sure it might me a little over dramatic but its fun and worth every cent! I have the whole serie, All of the Half-Life "1" (Blue...., Opposing front i think it was....) Anyway im a big fan of the Half life series! Good game!
  43. AdamW
    Aug 7, 2008
    This is possibly the most awesome game ever made in the history of PC. and is anyone was put off it by the gore then just get used to it. i think it should be granted the best game ever award.
  44. StephanK.
    Aug 11, 2008
    My most favorite FPS of all time. I have never encountered an FPS experience close to this one besides the origional Half-Life, Bioshock, and STALKER. Fantastic graphics and story compliment the well paced action.
  45. AdamJ.
    Aug 12, 2008
    How can any game match up to this? I mean, such a moving first chapter makes you hate the combine and then reunited with old friends from 20 years before. Then some of the scariest zombies there are and an epic ending. Games don't get better than this.
  46. JimmyP.
    A revaluation in gaming.
  47. jeanbernard
    Exelent
  48. PepeE.
    Aug 13, 2008
    THE GAME. EVERYTHING is great. The graphics, the gameplay, the MUSIC the score the fx the story... you can replay it a hundred times and find something new... man... it great.
  49. LennyJ.
    Aug 14, 2008
    Its the best game with the best story and picture.
  50. StefanS.
    Aug 16, 2008
    This game does not need scoring, this game needs a monument.
  51. Jordanfunk
    Aug 17, 2008
    SWEET GAME!!!!! I love all the combine ambushes. They rock!!
  52. JordanW.
    Aug 20, 2008
    Quite simply, the best FPS of all time. Buy it.
  53. JohnC
    Aug 24, 2008
    Absolutely phenomenal. Everything from the physics engine, graphics, AI, environments, story, atmosphere, etc. is as close to perfect as you'll get in today's game market. The blending of fantastic shootouts, interesting enemies, challenging puzzles, and some jump out of your seat moments is both flawless and fun. Even better yet it comes in one of the best deals in gaming Absolutely phenomenal. Everything from the physics engine, graphics, AI, environments, story, atmosphere, etc. is as close to perfect as you'll get in today's game market. The blending of fantastic shootouts, interesting enemies, challenging puzzles, and some jump out of your seat moments is both flawless and fun. Even better yet it comes in one of the best deals in gaming period, The Orange Box. Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Ep. 1, Half Life 2 Ep. 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. Valve has really pushed the limit and raised the bar immensely and it's time that other game companies take notice. Although this is an older game compared to most, it is still one of the best out there. Highly recommended for anyone, period. Expand
  54. NathanS.
    Sep 6, 2008
    One of the best games Ive ever played
  55. HaLf-LiFeFrEAk
    Sep 6, 2008
    It runs like crap on my computer but that doesnt mean I hate it. Only problem is the dialog stutters like heck: Mossman: A-a-a-a-a-a-le-e-ex, I-I-I-- Alex: Enough of your bul-bul-bul-bul-bullsh-shi-shi-shi-shi-...etc. Only other problem is that on ths laptop it can crash the entire system. But it is still one of the best games so far, bar none.
  56. James
    Sep 7, 2008
    A tour-de-force of jaw-dropping visual effects and action of mind-blowing intensity...in short, an overdose of FPS kick-assitude. Ten out of Ten.
  57. LukeM.
    Sep 8, 2008
  58. MattT
    Sep 9, 2008
    Excellent game, recommended after playing Counter-Strike Source and other first-shooters.
  59. WilliamC.
    Sep 9, 2008
    An incredible game that rips itself from the standard of shooter games and puts itself in another league entirely. 10/10, 11 if that was a possible score. I also have a few things to say about some of the people who "voted." Toni N. says he doesn't like HL2 because it has "too much puzzles." I think I see why even the simple physics-oriented puzzles of this game were too much for his An incredible game that rips itself from the standard of shooter games and puts itself in another league entirely. 10/10, 11 if that was a possible score. I also have a few things to say about some of the people who "voted." Toni N. says he doesn't like HL2 because it has "too much puzzles." I think I see why even the simple physics-oriented puzzles of this game were too much for his feeble mind. He's obviously dumb as a log, and proves it with his astonishingly bad vocabulary. He should stop playing games, any games at all, and try concentrating harder in English class. Nick C. was nauseated about the levels of gore in Half life. Sure, he's 13 years old, but many people have been playing games like Starcraft and Unreal since they were half that age, where marines getting chopped in half and peoples heads being disconnected from their necks were a common occurrence. Get some guts, kid. Really. Anyways, excellent game, don't let a few idiots' opinions keep ou from purchasing this. Expand
  60. RoyD.
    Sep 13, 2008
    Half-Life 2 was a truly enjoyable experience from beginning to end. It was long, but never boring, like a good movie. I loved the new gravity gun which in many cases added a truly remarkable element to the game.
  61. BenJohnson
    Sep 16, 2008
    This game is spectacular the graphic are amazing best game ever.
  62. NicolaeB.
    Sep 18, 2008
    One of my favorite stories of all time for a first person shooter. They should make this game into a movie!!!
  63. TomR.
    Sep 18, 2008
    Re-invented first person shooters just like the original. Re-playable, provocative...just stunning physics! 11/10.
  64. Bobbobbo
    Sep 24, 2008
    The best game I have ever played.
  65. TomislavN.
    Oct 7, 2008
    This game is a revolution both in the world of Fps, and generally the whole Pc gaming community. The game has great graphical and story elements, excellent lip-synching, and something that makes you play over and over again. The music, and general sound affects are very nicely made, and perfectly combine with the story, or some game events. Characters are not only modeled by 3d, but also This game is a revolution both in the world of Fps, and generally the whole Pc gaming community. The game has great graphical and story elements, excellent lip-synching, and something that makes you play over and over again. The music, and general sound affects are very nicely made, and perfectly combine with the story, or some game events. Characters are not only modeled by 3d, but also from inside, it's like you get a completely different connection to the character you are playing, and the one who is talking to you. This is an excellent Single Player, and you won't regret the money you invest in it. The only problem is that there is no multiplayer component, but the single player component clears everything away. The game is simply amazing, classic, and totally new in the gaming industry. If you didn't buy it by now, you should. Expand
  66. NunoP.
    Oct 10, 2008
    Very very deep gameplay, awesome plot, incredible situations (like the bridge level with awesome envirnoment)... Simply the best game i have ever played hands down. Congratulations Valve.
  67. SimonP.
    Oct 12, 2008
    This is really the best game ever made, the graphics, the gameplay, the way your view of the weapon changes when you turn around, the story, the lead charcters expresions when they talk and of course G-MAN!!!! :) the only thing i can think of that is a little bit bad is the music. It sounds good enough but the first time you will play game it wont last long enough and the next then it This is really the best game ever made, the graphics, the gameplay, the way your view of the weapon changes when you turn around, the story, the lead charcters expresions when they talk and of course G-MAN!!!! :) the only thing i can think of that is a little bit bad is the music. It sounds good enough but the first time you will play game it wont last long enough and the next then it almost cant before the game needs to load again. im not saying that the game is'nt challenging the second time, its mostly because you know were you need to go to. But what the hell chould Valve do about that?? Expand
  68. LukeM.
    Oct 17, 2008
  69. DanH.
    Oct 25, 2008
    I believe Halflife 2 is possibly the greatest FPS ever created, the havok system and all its litte inner workings have revolutionised the way we play games today. on a scale of one to ten this game deserves way above ten as its immense story and gameplay really keep the player submerged in a completely different world. im quite happy to play this game over and over again until i cause I believe Halflife 2 is possibly the greatest FPS ever created, the havok system and all its litte inner workings have revolutionised the way we play games today. on a scale of one to ten this game deserves way above ten as its immense story and gameplay really keep the player submerged in a completely different world. im quite happy to play this game over and over again until i cause myself major eye damage or RSI! WAY TO GO Valve on your sheer brilliance, i cant wait until the episode 3 you have me hangin on the edge of my seat. Expand
  70. JeffG.
    Oct 26, 2008
    Half-Life 2 is the reason I play FPS games. It puts Halo and Gears of War to shame. When you finish this game, you'll be crying. That's how good it is. This game has revolutionized not just FPS games, but games in general. Half-life 2 is the standard in which all FPS games are compared against. My only complaint the puzzles in the game are rather lame. But everything else makes Half-Life 2 is the reason I play FPS games. It puts Halo and Gears of War to shame. When you finish this game, you'll be crying. That's how good it is. This game has revolutionized not just FPS games, but games in general. Half-life 2 is the standard in which all FPS games are compared against. My only complaint the puzzles in the game are rather lame. But everything else makes up for it and then some. Valve has outdone themselves again. Expand
  71. LukeM.
    Nov 10, 2008
  72. VoodooJD
    Nov 13, 2008
    HL2 Set a bar to which all FPS game should aspire to achieve. Its mix of problem solving and action with a great plot driven story makes this title unmisable. HL2 was my 1st game after a long break in PC gaming for me, I had been playing console games solo for since I got my master system. This game works so well on so many levels I just couldn't believe I had neglated PC gaming for HL2 Set a bar to which all FPS game should aspire to achieve. Its mix of problem solving and action with a great plot driven story makes this title unmisable. HL2 was my 1st game after a long break in PC gaming for me, I had been playing console games solo for since I got my master system. This game works so well on so many levels I just couldn't believe I had neglated PC gaming for so many years. I was never a great fan of FPS games on the console format but some how HL2 ws able to offer a much more engrossing game that I just found hard to put down. This game has stood the test of time to as if you look at other games from the same year its quality and attention to detail still look crisp to many games being produced now. All in all a classic that everyone should own in my view. Expand
  73. FelixE.
    Nov 15, 2008
    This game is absolutely the best game I have ever played. Now I'm not saying I've played all the games in the world, but I've played quite a lot and still nothing has been able to surpass this game. The physics and graphics are great even after 4 years, the scenery is tremendous but the best part is with no doubt the story. Nothing can surpass this touching story. If you This game is absolutely the best game I have ever played. Now I'm not saying I've played all the games in the world, but I've played quite a lot and still nothing has been able to surpass this game. The physics and graphics are great even after 4 years, the scenery is tremendous but the best part is with no doubt the story. Nothing can surpass this touching story. If you want to play the best game in the world, this is it. Expand
  74. Neil
    Nov 16, 2008
    It's all been said before...beautiful graphics, excellent storyline, puzzles, the facial expressions, the fact that it's not "level1, cutscene, level 2, cutscene...." just constant story..... I could go on and on. I hate fast zombies. Thank God for the rightclick on the shotgun. I think the problem the tiny minority of people who've given this bad reviews is that they were It's all been said before...beautiful graphics, excellent storyline, puzzles, the facial expressions, the fact that it's not "level1, cutscene, level 2, cutscene...." just constant story..... I could go on and on. I hate fast zombies. Thank God for the rightclick on the shotgun. I think the problem the tiny minority of people who've given this bad reviews is that they were looking for a FPS, which this is, but it's so much more than just running about shooting baddies. Which apparently is a bad thing to some people. (!?) Episode 1&2 are both also excellent and I'm currently wettign ymself with anticipation over Episode 3! Expand
  75. LukeM.
    Nov 21, 2008
  76. Quinn
    Dec 9, 2008
    My god, this game is absolutely perfect. It completely gives you the experience that everybody needs. While it gives you that cool adrenaline rush that many action games give you, it also gives you the perfect amount of time to take a break. Basically, it's not too complex, yet it's not easy to beat for the first time. It makes you have that feeling of "Woah, that was f***ing My god, this game is absolutely perfect. It completely gives you the experience that everybody needs. While it gives you that cool adrenaline rush that many action games give you, it also gives you the perfect amount of time to take a break. Basically, it's not too complex, yet it's not easy to beat for the first time. It makes you have that feeling of "Woah, that was f***ing awesome," and after playing five minutes of it, you cannot stop playing it, you just can't. This is definitely a game for both players who like massive explosions and gore and for players who like to see beauty in a game. I have read so many reviews that said this was only a 7 or a 6 and I could not analyze why they would give this game such a vague rating. This game absolutely deserves to be played. I can't find anything that needs to be changed about it. Expand
  77. LukeM.
    Dec 25, 2008
  78. TimothyK.
    Dec 29, 2008
    This is Valve's masterpiece, a game that will live on in gaming history forever, along with their original Half-Life. The graphics are still stunning, even from four years ago. The characters are amazing, the puzzles are intriguing (although not as good as Half-Life's), the gravity gun is the most innovative weapon I've seen in any FPS ever, and the story keeps you gripped This is Valve's masterpiece, a game that will live on in gaming history forever, along with their original Half-Life. The graphics are still stunning, even from four years ago. The characters are amazing, the puzzles are intriguing (although not as good as Half-Life's), the gravity gun is the most innovative weapon I've seen in any FPS ever, and the story keeps you gripped as you discover what the world around you as become. The Combine is the epitome of evil and the style of their buildings is extremely well done. First class, must-own, amazing game. Buy The Orange Box to get two other amazing games. Expand
  79. AndrewW.
    Jan 17, 2009
    Simply the best FPS I've every played. But I hate to pigeonhole such a masterpiece as the HL2 series is so much more than just an FPS. Engaging narrative style, almost perfect pacing, ingenious level design, addictive "gamefeel", and the atmosphere in and around City 17 is simply stunning. It's feels like a first person movie and the gameplay requires thinking but will never Simply the best FPS I've every played. But I hate to pigeonhole such a masterpiece as the HL2 series is so much more than just an FPS. Engaging narrative style, almost perfect pacing, ingenious level design, addictive "gamefeel", and the atmosphere in and around City 17 is simply stunning. It's feels like a first person movie and the gameplay requires thinking but will never stump you. I simply love this game. Expand
  80. PutinVladimir
    Jan 25, 2009
    COOL!!!
  81. BennettM
    Jan 26, 2009
    Amazing game. I thought half-life 1 was great when I played it, and now you bring me something that amazes me even more! I have played it at least 5 times, and I am still not bored of it. The graphics are amazing, the physics amazing, character expressions amazing, and the story line is amazing as well! The best game I've played in 2007.
  82. TeodorIkonomov
    Jan 27, 2009
  83. Tyler
    Jan 28, 2009
    Yo bitches.The Combines are all owning the humans on the earth. and then Gordon Freeman comes in like IMA USIN MAH CROWBAR!!! and he kils all the combine with it. and then they go to a prison, and the rebels get owned but he gets the black guy and hot chick out. then they have to fight through some city t oa giant tower in the middle. and then the STRYDERS come and hes all like IMA FIRIN Yo bitches.The Combines are all owning the humans on the earth. and then Gordon Freeman comes in like IMA USIN MAH CROWBAR!!! and he kils all the combine with it. and then they go to a prison, and the rebels get owned but he gets the black guy and hot chick out. then they have to fight through some city t oa giant tower in the middle. and then the STRYDERS come and hes all like IMA FIRIN MAH ROCKETS and he kills all of the Stryders. and he gets to the big tower and the old white guy captures him. but he escapes and this is the most coolest part. where the tower blows the hell up like ZapplE DapplE DooM!!!!!!! And thats it. Expand
  84. SeanR
    Feb 4, 2009
    I think this is one of the BEST games ever made! I just wanna thank Valve for maken it. I got in to the game and the episodes real well. The game is so cool and you cant get board with it. I can't wait for more. I love the other games that Valve made too. Last thing is im happy Gabe newell thougt up this game, hes a special person!!! bye. :)
  85. DavidL
    Feb 5, 2009
    Half-Life2 Have a good Story like Half-Life1. very good game play and Grafic. The map diesing is very good. it give just one think wich one can be better The grafic and game play from cars and ship.
  86. LanzerM
    Feb 12, 2009
    Okay, the game is awesome in all aspects, and I want to make this fast. If you're going to review Half Life 2 for the Xbox, do that all you want, but just remember that the computer version is 10x better in pretty much every aspect. So if you're going to review the game because of the Xbox's cons, might as well be reviewing a different game alltogether.
  87. PhaseL
    Mar 4, 2009
    This game is perhaps the greatest game of the past decade, if not all time. The gameplay is simple and fluid, without getting boring, the graphics hold up even to our standards five years later, and the story is compelling enough to keep it at the top. Most people who have given this game low scores did so thanks to Steam. Half-Life 2 is what needs to be appraised here, not Steam.
  88. LukeM.
    Mar 4, 2009
  89. JoachimE
    Mar 13, 2009
    This is one of the best games ever made.
  90. LukeM.
    Mar 24, 2009
  91. JuggaloR.
    Mar 25, 2009
    I like the Half-life 2 series. I played the game demo and I thught half-life 2 was a horror game (because I thought c17 was built to protect the people from zombies, and that the "metropolice" arent evil just "over protective.) I thought this because I did the first level (on the demo) then it skipped a;; the way to the 6th (ravenholm) level so I thought it was a horror-only game. Then I I like the Half-life 2 series. I played the game demo and I thught half-life 2 was a horror game (because I thought c17 was built to protect the people from zombies, and that the "metropolice" arent evil just "over protective.) I thought this because I did the first level (on the demo) then it skipped a;; the way to the 6th (ravenholm) level so I thought it was a horror-only game. Then I bought the game for xbox (I don't belive in buying computer games, music videos eta unless I'm getting a solid disc)I thught the game was good but it also sucked because i couldn't NOCLIP WTF IS THEIR FUCKING PROBLEM ON MAKING CONSOLE GAMES (xbox PS3 eta) HAVING FUCKING NOCLIP AND "console" COMMANDS WTF. so I continued having fun with the demo spawning zombies every where whith AWESOME PC CHEATS. Then I was browsing the internet and I found out you can hack steam (games for free). I only wanted to play hl2 with NOCLIP so I did the hack. I got the full version of HL2 and HL2 Deathmatch (also should be induced on the consoles). I played the game agin but not to beat it but to explore and spawned enemies/allies every where. Though I cant stand hammer editor (confusing) the doom 3 editor is my favorite map creator. The "Hammer" editor requires confusing set-up before you can even use it. Later I was looking for cheats and I saw some comands like "give weapon_molotov" and "give weapon_hopwire" WTF Then I tried it and it didn't work then I went back on the website and it sied :these are only codes for the beta version of the game" WTF? so I search on how to get this "beta" version (takes me forever to find and it was apparently "leaked" so I download it. then I lean that you have to do console commands to start the beta game. Then I think WOW! LOOK,,,!,,, at all of this deleted content now I;m saying Half-life 2 retail SUX DONKEY DICK... BUT....half-life 2 beta SUX HOT GIRLS TITS.Now I play the beta (giving it a "10") I no longer play the retail (except for mods) If only I could do a review on the beta. Also for you peaple who don't like VALVe's steam the beta is not for steam (it's also not a hacked stand alone) it was originaly going to be a game with out steam. I plan to be a vidio game maker and I will sell/give away the beta version(s) of my game(s) because every one wants the beta, as long as I write something like "warning this version of the game is the beta and may crash a lot) or something before you buy it. Expand
  92. ShockK
    Apr 7, 2009
    As revolutionary as the first. All games should be based off the steam physics engine. The only reason people would give this a bad rating is because Steam is second only to AOL as the worst product ever created, which is unfair to the actual game. When my friend first started playing, he had hours of fun just throwing trash at the metro police. I can only imagine how much fun he'll As revolutionary as the first. All games should be based off the steam physics engine. The only reason people would give this a bad rating is because Steam is second only to AOL as the worst product ever created, which is unfair to the actual game. When my friend first started playing, he had hours of fun just throwing trash at the metro police. I can only imagine how much fun he'll have when he get's the gravity gun. Expand
  93. LukeM.
    Apr 25, 2009
  94. chris
    May 5, 2009
    OK, to all you people who gave HL2 a horrible score because of steam...I agree. Steam sucks. But this is rating the actual game, not the retarded platform Valve decided to throw in there with it. HL2 was an AMAZING game, excellent gameplay, great characters and some of the best graphics I've ever seen made it one of my favorite games ever.
  95. paulv
    May 26, 2009
    Very good story a game that you must have played before dieing (:P) I also played episode 1 and 2 and now I can't sleep till I have half life 3.
  96. ChristianB
    May 26, 2009
    AWSOME game valves bet game yet i love how it jumps from walking on a bridge peacefully to having a whole bunch of cops and zombies after you. its the best game ever. out of growing plants and sims and all that junk. I give it a ten because who could beat hl2, name one game better exept other HL games.
  97. HI
    May 30, 2009
    This game is a classic and its awesomeness is phenomenal. All you "What the f*** is Steam?," "I don't know what internet explorer is," "What's a driver," "This game is bad, because the puzzles are hard" and "What's a D... V... D...?" should learn a little about using a computer, reading and using their brains instead of just giving a lousy score. And all you people who This game is a classic and its awesomeness is phenomenal. All you "What the f*** is Steam?," "I don't know what internet explorer is," "What's a driver," "This game is bad, because the puzzles are hard" and "What's a D... V... D...?" should learn a little about using a computer, reading and using their brains instead of just giving a lousy score. And all you people who thinks the ending is bad should ask themselves "Hmm... what could Half-Life 2 Episode One possibly be?" Expand
  98. Kamikun
    May 30, 2009
    Despite Steam's often mentioned tendancy to drive many to homicidal urges, this game is worth all that and is great in every sense of the word. The story is gripping and dramatic, the setting is breathtaking and each location is incredibly different. The "silent hero" aspect of the game allows for even more relation to the character than if he had a voice (this is added to by the Despite Steam's often mentioned tendancy to drive many to homicidal urges, this game is worth all that and is great in every sense of the word. The story is gripping and dramatic, the setting is breathtaking and each location is incredibly different. The "silent hero" aspect of the game allows for even more relation to the character than if he had a voice (this is added to by the fact that the game's perspective never leaves Gordon Freeman's eyes) The combat is brutal, the weapons feel responsive, and the vehicle-driven sections are spectacular. You'll never find yourself doing the same thing twice, from an urban sprawl fighting against the sinister combine troops in squad based combat, to a lonesome trek through a zombie infested town, and even a relaxing drive across coastal roads in a buggy whilst being pursued by giant insects - Half-Life 2 has it all, and is a must buy for any PC Gamer. Expand
  99. MattZ
    Jun 14, 2009
    I've been following valves games for years and definitely Half-LIfe 2 Rates among the top games I have ever played! The horror aspect had me at the edge of my seat and constantly jumping in fright. While the Character Aspect leaves you feeling as if you are really in the game. Great Job Valve.
  100. DigitalDevil