• Publisher: Ubisoft

Nov 15, 2004
    Best game ever played.
  2. TomS.
    Apr 2, 2006
    I have been playing FPS and soccer games for a long long time. My 1st RTS or whatever type it is. I decided to learn the game to teach my child of 11. Well, we both have an amazing time playing it in single player. Will try a LAN game. I'm buying the expansion packs. Don't believe all the reviews. It's a fun game.
  3. DanielE.
    Feb 9, 2005
    If the demo is anything to go by this game is going to be worth it's money, Warcraft 3 type of camera which is a bit crappy otherwise best played in a long time.
  4. Th-WB
    Mar 21, 2005
    I do like the graphics and the music, but the building of a city costs a lot of time and the AI is dumb. I get stuck as a rule around level 7 or so but I reached the end without any difficulties. Each level is roughly 1.30 hours building and 1 hour slashing.
  5. JamieSteevnson
    Feb 21, 2005
    Its a strange mix of Settlers series and age of empires. You don
  6. JamieS.
    Feb 10, 2005
    This is like a cross between settlers and age of empires. The graphics are nice, it plays well ... but it's lost almost the whole feeling of settlers. Bottom Line: It's an ok RTS. But if you really want another "settlers" experience, your best bet is the excellent "Cultures" series --- especially northland or eighth wonder of the world.
  7. Nov 25, 2010
    While this game has no real resemblance to current Settlers games or previous ones, If you view the game as its own and not as a part of a series, you will find it to be a fun, if a bit slow, RTS game. Even if you wish to build your city and not be attacked unless you want to be, theres a mission for it. I myself found this game very enjoyable.

1. If you felt "Warcraft III" had lost some appeal due to the shift from city building to more direct fighting, then The Settlers - Heritage of Kings is the game for you. It is a tad more oriented to the management side and has a couple more upgrading and research options than the Blizzard title, so you might enjoy the base building and upgrading.
  2. Settlers is far from awful, it's just mind-numbingly dull. Which is far, far worse.
  3. If you want your strategy to lean toward "SimCity"-style social engineering, then look no further than Heritage of Kings.