8.9

1. Oct 6, 2015
    Despite many players suggesting that Heroes 3 is the best in the series, I surely place Heroes 2 right at the top.
    All aspects were excellent (music, sound effects, display (beautiful 2D artwork), campaign, mechanics, balance, no bugs whatsoever, and polished!)

I wish Heroes 7 could learn from this example.
  2. Feb 17, 2012
    A great game. It has the best sound and graphic atmosphere of the franchise. Musics are great and graphics are harmonious. You evolve in a great fantasy world. A good game to chill out. Gameplay is awesome. If you liked it, try HOMM 3 which is a major improvement of HOMM 2's features. However I'm sure this episode is special to everyone who played it back then, because there was somethingA great game. It has the best sound and graphic atmosphere of the franchise. Musics are great and graphics are harmonious. You evolve in a great fantasy world. A good game to chill out. Gameplay is awesome. If you liked it, try HOMM 3 which is a major improvement of HOMM 2's features. However I'm sure this episode is special to everyone who played it back then, because there was something magic about it. Expand
  3. May 7, 2014
    One of the finest games I've played in my life.

The scenarios are beautifully balanced, the campaigns are incredible, and the gameplay is simple, yet challenging. Attachment to heroes develops quickly and within a very few turns you will find yourself completely lost in this game. One of the few games in my life that I would rate a 9.5 or above. I'll round up and give it a 10.
    One of the finest games I've played in my life.

One of the few games in my life that I would rate a 9.5 or above.

I'll round up and give it a 10.

Unless you are a shooter-only gamer or someone that can't play anything more complicated than a Bioware game, you'll love this.
  4. Oct 22, 2013
    A huge leap from the original in every respect, this is a perfection of the system that HoMM introduced, pioneering one of the most successful strategy formulas.

HoMM II stood tall in an era of strategy giants like Civ II and Age of Empires. It's a masterpiece and easily the best fantasy game to date.
  5. Jan 1, 2016
    This game lies there right next to Heroes 3, because it's equally good. The only disadvantage it has, is a wonky and problematic technical issues on newer set-ups.

There are no critic reviews yet.