7.4

1. Jul 11, 2011
    Heroes of Newerth wasn't a completely terrible game, but it tried way too hard to be DotA. It's steep learning curve and is in no way friendly to newer users. One of the more annoying quirks about the game was that it offered no range indicators for spells other than AoEs. It also has one of the worst communities I have ever seen and is totally unforgiving. Members of S2 Games' staff haveHeroes of Newerth wasn't a completely terrible game, but it tried way too hard to be DotA. It's steep learning curve and is in no way friendly to newer users. One of the more annoying quirks about the game was that it offered no range indicators for spells other than AoEs. It also has one of the worst communities I have ever seen and is totally unforgiving. Members of S2 Games' staff have also blatantly insulted users for berating the game, without any repercussions. I can say that it's graphics are well done. At it's price, this game isn't worth it. I'd recommend sticking to DotA, looking into League of Legends, and/or saving your money for Dota 2. Expand
  2. Jun 5, 2012
    Heroes of Newerth is a bad copy of dota. Graphics is old. Sound is terrible. I think LoL is better, fast and fun.
  3. Oct 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is incredibly difficult to get a hold of. I had played DotA and LoL, but neither of them had prepared me for this game. The learning curve is insane, and the system is not friendly to new players. There are hardly any kind of information outside of the website itself, including new player guides. Even being experienced with gameplay and strategy, I could not understand the game itself. The spells have no given range indicator, the tutorial has no true learning in it (just completely destroying bots with a 24 level advantage if i remember correctly) The system does not even at least match new players with other new players, instead you could be playing with someone who has actively played since the release (unlikely but possible). Spending money on this game also provides such advantages that cannot be overcome through earning in games. It is also difficult to join a game, for all the players are usually on European or South American servers. Without going into the real gameplay at all, HoN is much worse than other games of its kind. Expand
  4. Nov 6, 2012
    This is a bitter sweet review on my part. HoN is a game that has all the core features to be great. In fact, much of the game play is brilliant. The graphics are a bit dark and gory but if you are into that type of thing, it isn't an issue at all. The controls are responsive; more so than DotA 2 but less than LoL. Unfortunately, what could be an exceptional gaming experience is ruined byThis is a bitter sweet review on my part. HoN is a game that has all the core features to be great. In fact, much of the game play is brilliant. The graphics are a bit dark and gory but if you are into that type of thing, it isn't an issue at all. The controls are responsive; more so than DotA 2 but less than LoL. Unfortunately, what could be an exceptional gaming experience is ruined by arguably the most rude bunch of gamers in the MOBA world. It was shocking to see how visceral the players were. I would note that their rudeness is only comparable to their utter contempt for anyone beginning the game. If you like MOBA type games, you will be better off sticking to DotA 2 or LoL. Unless you are also an ass, then you will fit right in. It is a shame really that a great game platform is really ruined by the community. Expand
  5. Nov 20, 2011
    -Worst graphics I have ever seen in a game, bad textures,bad art ingame(looks like made of a 5 years kid).
    -Worst company S2, lure their players just to squishy so much money they can.
    -The balance of the game looks like made of a ape, and its getting worse.
    - Terrible Matchmaking.
  6. Apr 22, 2012
    Heroes of newerth Is a Dota style game which requires action,and strategy style game any dota style game player should be familiar with. Given time, one should become familiar with the Game play with the characters. The things one shouldn't become familiar with is the constant errors in script and game crashes that occur during game play.... If you wish to have issues in one of every 10Heroes of newerth Is a Dota style game which requires action,and strategy style game any dota style game player should be familiar with. Given time, one should become familiar with the Game play with the characters. The things one shouldn't become familiar with is the constant errors in script and game crashes that occur during game play.... If you wish to have issues in one of every 10 games please do play, and expect issues. It is fun, but is far too buggy. I myself "pt213" who has encountered far too many bugs since beta will not longer continue playing the game, but still wish characters to play the game since it is now free to play. Just do now spend any money, since the developers wish only to add content to the the game and not wish to improve on the game mechanics.. Expand
  7. Sep 8, 2012
    Sports the worst community of any game bar none. This coming from a player that has played on and off for 2 years and stabilized around 1750 MMR post-normalization. The game has glaring design-flaws that contributes to the indescribably awful community, which serves to alienate rather than invite new players. Don't even bother to play HoN if you're out of puberty; the community is a disgrace.
  8. Jan 19, 2013
    wat a nonsense game :(( and also it is a copycat of dota boo !!!! and one of the important thing that i do not like in this game is that they are copying the heroes of dota and also tbere abilities. So i dont like of wat they are doing and i dont know why other people really like this game because the content itself is reallh awful none like the lol it is great but you hon get lost!!!!!!
  9. Mar 17, 2014
    This is my third time playing in HoN as I've not yet tried PVP (heard that you immediately face experienced people and they will abuse you if you suck). I must say I HATE the size of the HUD. If LoL wasn't acting such a **** I wouldn't have tried to switch to HoN. I like the uniqueness of your champs though. I've been trying out Gemini which is a slow starter but very excellent in mid-lateThis is my third time playing in HoN as I've not yet tried PVP (heard that you immediately face experienced people and they will abuse you if you suck). I must say I HATE the size of the HUD. If LoL wasn't acting such a **** I wouldn't have tried to switch to HoN. I like the uniqueness of your champs though. I've been trying out Gemini which is a slow starter but very excellent in mid-late game. The bots in this game is a bit smarter than the bots in LoL- if you're playing hard ones of course, or else they'll just run at you and AA you until they die. Overall I think that this is a hard game to master, unlike LoL's simplicity for newer players, I wouldn't recommend this if you don't have the patience to practice against bots until you're DECENT. I also don't like the little gimmicks with the shop like wtf change your name's colour?

EDIT *most important of all*: The **** voice acting is horrendous! The effects they add to them is just un-****-believably annoying. Had to mute the voices because they were bothering me. The turrets don't make sense too, if you attack them with your minions you get targeted suddenly for no god damn reason. It's also laggy when you move... Yup I just remembered all of these reasons why it's hard to switch over.
  10. May 12, 2013
    Terrible game by a terrible company. The company does nothing but troll customers and act like toddlers giving out the ban hammer if you defend yourself against raging. Controls and movement are also not that smooth compared to others in the genre.
  11. Jul 20, 2013
    The game is dead. No competitive scene, steady decline in number of players and egoistic players. Spending money on this game also provides such advantages that cannot be overcome through earning in games. It is also difficult to join a game, for all the players are usually on European or South American servers.
  12. Jul 29, 2013
    So awful and a copy cat of dota. Booooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate you S2 Games such a retarded industry with full of idiots and morons....TROLOLOLOL!!!!
  13. Nov 12, 2013
    game, company, What's more to say?
    Another DotA rip-off, if you want to experience the true glorious gameplay of this genre then download Dota 2 on steam.
  14. Nov 12, 2013
    The graphics are decent and the UI is good. However, HoN has THE WORST community in gaming PERIOD. Anyone who has played it knows this. The "Pay to Win" (Early Access) is a shameless money grab and has ruined the game for me and many others. S2 (the money worshipers who made HoN) will ban a player for foul language but then release a character (Rudolph Rampage) who swears. They are soThe graphics are decent and the UI is good. However, HoN has THE WORST community in gaming PERIOD. Anyone who has played it knows this. The "Pay to Win" (Early Access) is a shameless money grab and has ruined the game for me and many others. S2 (the money worshipers who made HoN) will ban a player for foul language but then release a character (Rudolph Rampage) who swears. They are so greedy and morally bankrupt that they introduce HoN Plinko where you can gamble away your rent in the hopes of getting one of their many cheesy alternate character avatars! Expand
  15. Sep 19, 2014
    No Smoke Without Fire! No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke WithoutNo Smoke Without Fire! No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!No Smoke Without Fire!v Expand

1. The only real compelling argument for getting into the game now comes from that group of friends who spend hours a day playing, telling you how great it is until you finally give in and join the madness with them.
  2. Heroes of Newerth makes a lot of fun. The heroes are cool, you have the typical DotA atmosphere and the matchmaking system ensure fair play. Nevertheless HoN is mainly a game for DotA veterans.
  3. For anyone who is a super advanced DotA player, Newerth is a must buy, if only to keep up with the tournaments. Everyone else really should stay away due to the terrible community.