8.1

1. Feb 15, 2013
    God awful voice acting, terrible gameplay, no clear direction on where to go to avoid getting killed every which way you turn, and impossible gameplay makes this game one of the worst I've ever played. Quit without even being able to get anywhere in the first level. Glad I barely paid anything for it. I will never play a Hitman game again.
  2. Aug 23, 2014
    Wondering what was the fuss about this legendary stealth title, I bought the entire Hitman series on Steam. I didnt have high expectations for the older hitman games, but the first game was utterly unplayable. I could not get past the logic of a 'disguise' being a civilians brown suit, but in 47's default black suit, everyone knows he is the enemy. Well ok, it was a really old game, so iWondering what was the fuss about this legendary stealth title, I bought the entire Hitman series on Steam. I didnt have high expectations for the older hitman games, but the first game was utterly unplayable. I could not get past the logic of a 'disguise' being a civilians brown suit, but in 47's default black suit, everyone knows he is the enemy. Well ok, it was a really old game, so i can forgive that.

But this 2nd game, Silent Assassin, really test my patience. Firstly, Agent 47 moves at snail speed in stealth mode, making him unable to sneak up on anything other than a statue. Also, it makes the game x100 times longer, through trial and error, because you wont know what you can't sneak up on. Even if you initially could perform a sneak kill on your target, well, situations may change after 30 seconds, because you move slower than your target, who is walking at usain bolt speed in comparison. If you so much as walk or run, 47's stylish but unpractical leather shoes is bound to give away your presence due to its loud footsteps. I have found going in guns blazing to be the best option in almost every mission.

For a legendary assassin, Agent 47's movements sure are limited. His big, bulky frame makes him unable to get past any barricade higher than knee level, and he somehow is unable to jump. Now, I am not hating on any game without a jump mechanic, but at least allowing a person to climb or vault low barricades isnt an unreasonable expectation, what more when said person is an elite assassin. I always picture the legendary 47 being completely surrounded by knee-high barricades, and being stuck there due to game mechanics. An accomplished assassin, being stopped by low barricades, I just cannot get my head around it.

Also, the many game-breaking bugs frustrated me to no end. I can walk past guards while wearing a disguise no problem, then all of a sudden they start firing on me. In one of the missions, I was only armed with a sniper. And it cannot kill anything. I would shoot, shoot and shoot my target, but it will not register. I am fairly sure I did not miss, because I tried aggroing him to my face, then fire at him, but he still will not die.

1. Challenging, cerebral, and maddening. Hitman 2 keeps you coming back but there just aren't enough saves in the game. [PC Format]
  2. Sure, it could've been longer, and a multiplayer option wouldn't have hurt either, but even as it is, I really couldn't find anything wrong with the game - it's fun, intense, and most of all, highly enjoyable.
  3. Fixes virtually all of the problems of its predecessor and stands tall on its own merits as an outstanding action game.