7.0

1. Nov 25, 2012
    I'll start off by saying up front that this is my first Hitman game. I just finished it this evening. There are so many games that I don't enjoy and struggle through to the end (like Assasins Creed 1+2, or Mass effect 3), or just abandon all together because they just aren't fun (too many to list unfortunately). I found this game a lot of fun, and I kept coming back until I had beat the SPI'll start off by saying up front that this is my first Hitman game. I just finished it this evening. There are so many games that I don't enjoy and struggle through to the end (like Assasins Creed 1+2, or Mass effect 3), or just abandon all together because they just aren't fun (too many to list unfortunately). I found this game a lot of fun, and I kept coming back until I had beat the SP campaign, and will keep coming back to play the contracts mode and improve my hitman skills and scores. Most of the time, my attempted hits turned into massive bloodbaths, usually because I was impatient, or because I was wearing the wrong disguise and didn't stay out of sight.

When things turned into a massacre, I thought to myself "That's ok, I can play this level again, but differently the next time". Next time...See, most single player games I play, then forget about and generally never play again. This game, I find myself wanting to come back and play it, find new ways to play it, master etc. There is a lot of challenge there, and it's compelling.

Disguises work fine. You just have to find a disguise that won't get you sprung as easily. I found that each level usually has at least one unique disguise that allows you free reign of a level, or at least most areas of it.
    The story was deliberately ham-fisted and tongue-in-cheek and the sections people are complaining about are either very short and inconsequential, or they can be approaching in a completely different way (the quick-time event wrestling match could be done in multiple ways).

I will make a point of playing Blood Money now, as I have it on Steam, but as a noob to the series, I had no problems with Absolution at all. It offered many different ways to complete objectives, and the firefights were very engaging and satisfying thanks to great animations, ragdoll physics and an amazing visual engine in general. I thought it was excellent, as well as being one of the best looking games I have ever played, and very well optimized too. It ran on average at 100fps on my HD5850 and i5 2500K, at 1080p on the highest settings, bar MSAA.
  2. Nov 24, 2012
    It seems like once this game came out, everyone, including PC Gamer, just wanted to complain that it wasn't Blood Money 2. This is a fantastic game, great graphics, an engaging story, loads of ways to take out your targets (when you have them, a lot of the game is simply stealth action) or general enemies, disguises and improvised weapons, and multiple routes through each mission. TheIt seems like once this game came out, everyone, including PC Gamer, just wanted to complain that it wasn't Blood Money 2. This is a fantastic game, great graphics, an engaging story, loads of ways to take out your targets (when you have them, a lot of the game is simply stealth action) or general enemies, disguises and improvised weapons, and multiple routes through each mission. The game rewards you for utilizing every possible option as well, so it screams replayability. Let me tell you something, if you enjoyed Conviction for what it was even though it didn't follow the same exact formula, then you will highly enjoy Hitman: Absolution. Expand
  3. Nov 24, 2012
    Very good game, from start to finish, this is the best we've played already the franchise, and not hear comments like this: hitman is like splinter cell! because it is not true. play it =]
  4. Mar 19, 2013
    best game ever.hitman absolution isnt good becuase of its story (not that the story not good) its good becuase of the assassination.every kill is very setisfieng and there are a lot of ways to kill your enemies.contracts mode is very good but a littile hard.never mind.so anyway hitman absolurion deserve a 10/10.so buy it.
  5. Jan 9, 2013
    To all the nostalgic fans out there: no, this isn't Blood Money. And I'm a nostalgic too, but hope isn't lost. On the contrary, with Absolution you'll get a very mature and engaging plot, you'll see an Agent 47 driven, probably for the first time, by human feelings. And that's what makes the story so strong. With stunning graphics, of course.
    The Contract mode is quite fun, if you have
    The Contract mode is quite fun, if you have some friends to compete with. Not that the contracts created by other users are boring. It really makes you discover every little thing of every level. Every detail, every weapon, every situation that can be used to your advantage.
    There are downsides, though. I would have liked to hear a little more variety of voices. You'll see my point after a few missions spent walking through crowds of people.
    You can hide a sniper rifle in your pants? This is supposed to be Agent 47, not Guybrush Threepwood! I miss the old sniper rifle case, it looked so cool!
    The disguise system surely has been improved, but it's far from perfect. Chicago is quite a big city, how comes every damn cop knows each other? And how can a normal cop be suspicious about me when I'm wearing a SWAT disguise? Seriously, my whole face is covered by the ski mask! He can only see my eyes!
    In conclusion, it's not perfect, but it's a damn good comeback for 47. Really hope to not have to wait another 6 year for a sequel.
  6. Mar 19, 2013
    Having played all the previous titles, I thought I knew what to expect. Fortunately, that went out the window with the first "woah" moment. And you'll find in Absolution plenty of them. The story is very well made and it feels like you're watching a good action movie. One of the most impressive features of Hitman Absolution is the voice acting. You don't see the same quality in most otherHaving played all the previous titles, I thought I knew what to expect. Fortunately, that went out the window with the first "woah" moment. And you'll find in Absolution plenty of them. The story is very well made and it feels like you're watching a good action movie. One of the most impressive features of Hitman Absolution is the voice acting. You don't see the same quality in most other games; really well done. Graphically, it ranks high when compared with games launched around its release time. Every frame of any cutscene can be transformed into a beautiful art piece to hang on your walls. The cutscenes connect the gameplay seamlessly. Gameplay-wise, it's a good improvement from its predecessors as 47 feels more natural than ever. The cover system is really well made even though sometimes your head is way above the counter you're hiding behind. Intuition, as a gameplay mechanic, is great. It will convince even the most brutal player not to kill every NPC and it also serves as a "tutorial" for new players or for those who want to get their hands on the highest difficulties. If you finished any other Hitman game, be sure to try the tougher challenges too. The multiplayer part of it consists in creating and completing contracts made by your friends. Not only will it challenge your friends but creating a good contract will also challenge you to complete it first, to prove that it can be done. If playing on PC, I highly recommend using a controller when playing Absolution. Not that keyboard & mouse aren't great, but you'll get the most out of its cinematic experience. In conclusion, a great game, polished and not a full 10 because of a couple bugs. Expand
  7. Nov 25, 2012
    The toughest Hitman game you will ever play if you are the stealthy guy and like to go for silent assassin. This is because the overhaul of the disguise system. Lets say you're disguised as a cook: All other cooks will see through your disguise as they know all their colleagues. This gets silly when you are wearing disguises that fully cover your face, like a special forces combat suit.The toughest Hitman game you will ever play if you are the stealthy guy and like to go for silent assassin. This is because the overhaul of the disguise system. Lets say you're disguised as a cook: All other cooks will see through your disguise as they know all their colleagues. This gets silly when you are wearing disguises that fully cover your face, like a special forces combat suit. There is always like one uber-disguise in the level, that will work in 90% of the areas, but it's impossible to get on purist mode. IO said that they will fix the disguise system. That's the sole reason why I will give the game an 8 for now and hopefully return giving a 10. See it for yourself. As soon as you play on hard the game will screw you over. Expand
  8. Nov 25, 2012
    Hitman: Absolution provides an experience that is rich in action and on the edge of your seat suspense. Of course, it's not without it's flaws. Everyone automatically thinking you're suspicious gets a little irritating at times, and it constantly feels linear. Though it has some rough spots, Hitman: Absolution is enjoyable experience, but may be a let down for hardcore fans of the series.
  9. Nov 27, 2012
    These reviews are absurd. I've been an avid fan of the Hitman series since the first release and was afraid that the same would happen with Absolution, with what happened to Conviction- To conform and accommodate the generation of casual gamers who don't wish to do a lot of thinking and run through good looking levels without too much effort.

Fortunately, to my pleasure, this is

Fortunately, to my pleasure, this is absolutely not the case. The game mechanics, presentation and playability is nothing less than excellent. Those who claim the game is too easy, dumbed down or not "Hitman" any more, is either not playing it on a hard enough difficulty or was expecting a remake of a previous Hitman with new levels and a new graphics engine. The difficulty in Absolution plays a huge role in the actual game-play. Accommodating for two very different players. For those, like me, who've been waiting for a new instalment in the Hitman series, I highly recommend you play the game on Expert or Purist mode. For those wanting to play casually through Absolution without too much retries and with lots of guidance, pick a lower difficulty setting. Referring to higher difficulty settings; The realism and AI is amazing, wearing the same outfits as enemies would make them get suspicious when you're getting to close- this is where instinct is mainly used (by turning 47's head to the side or by raising his elbow to evade a direct face to face detection). This really makes sense to me as "people" in a certain group/job category tend to know each other and would become curious/cautious to whom this "new guy" is. Things I liked : - Animations
    - Game-play mechanics - Story and level design - Realism
    - Fire fights are insane
    - Graphics goes without saying
    - 5.1 will blow you away. Dislikes - No suitcase ? This is very sadistic of IOInteractive
    - Not clear on how much points are needed to achieve the different ratings (Silent Assassin, expert, ...)
    - Accidental deaths count towards your "kills" *
    This game is meant to be played on a high difficulty and begs for you to achieve Silent Assassin rating. **
    Hope this help anyone in doubt :D
  10. Nov 29, 2012
    I have written this review because I completely disagreed with the harsh negative attitude towards this game. To give some perspective. I have finished the game. I have played all the hitman games since it was released. After spending 2 days downloading on some average ADSL connection I finally hit the ground running. I had waited for this game for a long time. I was excited.

I found

I found that initially I was ticked off that the game didn't allow me to save how I wanted. After an hour of play I didn't care. The check points were evenly spaced to allow for trial an error with out much punishment.

The cover system was smooth, the combat system was ok. Allowed for great variation even with out using firearms. If a person cannot play this game on easy and dies continually it's not the games fault you're just bad at this game. I died maybe 7 times through out the whole game. It was easy. Blood money was the only well made hitman game. The others were clunky. I loved them but they were horribly clunky. I felt this change in direction could have been how i wanted hitman to be all along. I wanted that greater interaction. I wanted smoother transitions between hunting, hiding and execution of the target. I hated waiting 15 minutes around corridors for soldiers to move out of the way in uninteresting environments. (Hitman 2) This is not the same as Blood money. It has changed game play style and sometimes that can cause reactions and have a backlash from people who cannot handle experimentation in a franchise. However there is nothing deeply wrong with this game. Visually its pleasing. The game play moves more fluidly and it feels like an execution. The story line doesn't add or detract from this game in my opinion. Its there. It was really all about doing the task and finding a way to do it through experimentation.

If you start on easy it's not hard at all. Compared to the other Hitmans where it was always hard even on easy. I am convinced that this was a good move for Hitman and that if you could bring the current game mechanics inline with more of the old games ability to plan hits, Hitman will continue to be a vibrant franchise. The hitmans story was average, the gameplay was involved allowing players to perform tasks how they wished. Problem is hitman never really did have a storyline that was delivered exceptionally well. It was ok. It certainly was very interesting conceptually. I felt this game did make me more interested in the storylines compared to the previous onces with the exception of the original.

I would not have wanted this game in any other way. It was what I wanted in a Hitman game.
  11. Nov 24, 2012
    any one how givs this game less then 8.0 is not worth reading!!
    Hitman: Absolution is an exellent game and rghit on time becuse all other games that came out to this time are boring maby axcept medal of honor warfighter also great game
    you cant say any thing bad about this game, the graphichs awesome flowed game play and great sound. i never liked the hitman franchise but this one is
    any one how givs this game less then 8.0 is not worth reading!!
    i never liked the hitman franchise but this one is different from all aspects.
    so if you are looking for a good game to play current time play this one you will enjoy it.
  12. Dec 2, 2012
    I have been playing all the games in the series and I was fairly disappointed in blood money. But this was a really way of moving on and a lot of working new game engine ideas. Of course a lot could use some tuning and some things away but to have all sort of ways to finish each map is really great. Stealth works both with and without using the new "instinct" function. One major mistake isI have been playing all the games in the series and I was fairly disappointed in blood money. But this was a really way of moving on and a lot of working new game engine ideas. Of course a lot could use some tuning and some things away but to have all sort of ways to finish each map is really great. Stealth works both with and without using the new "instinct" function. One major mistake is the revival of enemies after a restart of checkpoint as well as some of the maps without alternatives, but I really enjoyed this and will play this over and over. Expand
  13. Jan 19, 2013
    An excellent game on PC if you take it on its own and quit moaning about how its not exactly like the ones from 10 years ago. Graphics are amazing on a beast machine this game is your showcase game. GORGEOUS. Story is good enough that you know why your doing what your doing and thats the key element. Your actually a sneaky assassin and its damn fun trying to figure out all the ways to killAn excellent game on PC if you take it on its own and quit moaning about how its not exactly like the ones from 10 years ago. Graphics are amazing on a beast machine this game is your showcase game. GORGEOUS. Story is good enough that you know why your doing what your doing and thats the key element. Your actually a sneaky assassin and its damn fun trying to figure out all the ways to kill your target! In short, this is one of the best games in 2012. Expand
  14. Jan 21, 2013
    all i can say is that the wait was worthed and worthed to full price. why? 30+ hours of single player and you can have 60,100 hours because theres a insane ammount of ways to do your objective you can play each level in hundred different ways and so you can replay and replay and have new experience. the downside is the disguise system isnt what i was used to be, but lets be honest here,all i can say is that the wait was worthed and worthed to full price. why? 30+ hours of single player and you can have 60,100 hours because theres a insane ammount of ways to do your objective you can play each level in hundred different ways and so you can replay and replay and have new experience. the downside is the disguise system isnt what i was used to be, but lets be honest here, on previous titles it almost made you like in god mode, now it works but you've limits, its meant now for last resort and sudden situations where you stumble into an enemy. you can't choose loadouts on SP but you can on contracts mode, wich is the same of SP but you've more freedom. lenghty, fun and sandbox....... you'll find yourself playing it for years!! Expand
  15. Dec 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have plenty of things to say about this game as I do many games, so first off I'll talk about the story. You are the hitmeehn, agent 47, a genetically engineered superhuman meant for stealth and assassination, taking your target out without anyone noticing. Your former handler in the agency of assassins, Diana Burnwood has gone rogue, so your sent to kill her, as her final request, she asks you to keep a girl safe from the agency so she doesn't "Become like you." As the game and story progresses, you meet very strange and weird characters along the way, like a guy with a fetish for pigeons, crazed redneck who owns a weapons factory where they explode pigs with landmines, the crazed rednecks 10 foot tall behemoth Mexican wrestler bodyguard, and nuns with guns. Yeah. Now the hitmeehn franchise has never been very serious with its targets, locations, or characters, but seriously? On top of that, if your new to the franchise, if you see that cover, do you expect **** NUNS WITH GUNS? Let alone all the other crazy **** this game has, its very over the top in the story department. The graphics are beautiful and very dark, not really set well with the over the top story, but it still is pretty to look at. The gameplay is much more linear than in previous games, where you have a big place to roam and explore, here, your set on a basic straight path. You also have something called instinct which comes in handy for removing suspicion from being next to someone of the same clothing, BECAUSE ALL COPS KNOW EACH OTHER BY **** HEART. It also lets you see people through walls and their predetermined paths, depending on the difficulty. Then there's the contracts multiplayer mode, where one person sets up how and what to do in a specific part of a mission and you have to replicate what they do to obtain money, to upgrade your weapons. They also added a cover mechanic which is really what this game needed. The problem with this game is that I don't feel like im playing hitman, I feel like im playing splinter cell, its too linear and it needs to be much more open-ended. Also, the "perks" you get for completing a set score in a mission are barely noticeable, I didn't even notice any change with Agent 47 which was pretty stupid. Overall, die hard hitmeehn fans may not like it, but anyone who is a fan of stealth games should go out and get this game, despite the flaws. Expand
  16. Nov 29, 2012
    Awesome game, finally difficulty makes a difference in a game. Beat it on easy, beat it on normal, and then DIE! And then two more difficulties after that! On easy you can certainly blast your way through anyone, on normal you can shoot your way out of a situation or two, but hard will take you back to everything that has made the hitman series great. All these people complaining about theAwesome game, finally difficulty makes a difference in a game. Beat it on easy, beat it on normal, and then DIE! And then two more difficulties after that! On easy you can certainly blast your way through anyone, on normal you can shoot your way out of a situation or two, but hard will take you back to everything that has made the hitman series great. All these people complaining about the death of the series should stop playing on easy. Playing on hard is awesome, you can't just blast your way through levels, and the hours of strategy are enthralling. Could I take this guy out before the other guard walks by? Where could I hide him though? Would they see that? Could I get a clear shot up there? So many means to the same end, perfection. And you will pay dearly for perfection. Did they just see those legs slip around the corner? Did they hear that? Will they buy your disguise? Quite often those questions are followed by a fatal barrage of bullets, or a score shattering shooting spree. Anyone can kill, but killing quietly, and with discretion, is much more meticulous and entertaining than massacres (After the first playthrough at least ;D) And contracts makes the game exponentially larger than just the campaign, which is also awesome. After all, who could come up with more twisted and greuling challenges for the players, but the players themselves. Awesome game, awesome melee and combat system, great variety, and challenging and addictive gameplay. And for all those whining about the differences between this and blood money, there is one word: CONTRACTS! Expand
  17. Nov 28, 2012
    Hitman: Absolution is a beautiful game, stunning graphics and the awesome thing is you dont need a monster pc to play. That is the first thing to notice. If you are a fan of the old hitman's this game will feel a bit dumb downed compared to the old ones. But set aside on its own, its a well designed game with all the old hitman tools and tricks with a few new one for the casual gamer. TheHitman: Absolution is a beautiful game, stunning graphics and the awesome thing is you dont need a monster pc to play. That is the first thing to notice. If you are a fan of the old hitman's this game will feel a bit dumb downed compared to the old ones. But set aside on its own, its a well designed game with all the old hitman tools and tricks with a few new one for the casual gamer. The game starts off feeling a bit liner but as you progress so does the levels, witch is awesome for a new gamer. If you looking for a rework of the first hitman, this is not it. But if you looking for a game that will challenge you, thats replayable and give you jaw dropping graphics this is the game for you. I love Hitman, and i love this game. If you want your old hitman don't play on normal, play professional then you are a true hitman fan. Expand
  18. Nov 28, 2012
    This is by far the most ambitious Hitman game yet and wow! what a compelling story that keeps you on the edge, a none stop tour de force.
    At first i was expecting gun load outs and a map like before in other games but then i realized what they were going for, a man on the run left to his own devices procuring weapons along the way.
    For those who say harsh things about this game either
    For those who say harsh things about this game either miss what the makers were going for or they are just one of those fast pace teenaged COD players that have a lack of patients and witt.
    Contracts is a very fun online addition to the series that brings life into the world of hitman and give you the ability to create your own contracts on the targets you wish, and create and a storyline for other players to read and enjoy.
  19. Jan 20, 2013
    This game is simply stunning from the atmospheric graphics, to the all out action. Not to mention the the background sound that is pretty amazing too. The point shout killing feature and the slow motion effect is just amazing. Overall this is one of my favorite games, And the best one in the Hitman series I've ever played. Looking forward to the sequel of Hitman: Absolution.
  20. Dec 10, 2012
    A true silent assassin doesn't need a sniper rifle or a machine gun. Actually, you can get away without a single shot fired or disguise used. And stop complaining that you can't choose weapons for your missions in Hitman: Absolution
  21. Feb 16, 2013
    Impossible. Yeah, with some negative moments, but they mean little. Everyone who writes about those details that really do not matter idiots
    Brilliant!
  22. Feb 11, 2013
    Some people complain about it being too much like splinter cell but I like splinter cell and it still have everything that I liked from the first Hitman games. The movement system is like a combination of "DeusEx human revolution" and the old "Tomb raider" games. There are many ways of completing a mission. The only bad thing is that it does not matter how easy bodies can be found whenSome people complain about it being too much like splinter cell but I like splinter cell and it still have everything that I liked from the first Hitman games. The movement system is like a combination of "DeusEx human revolution" and the old "Tomb raider" games. There are many ways of completing a mission. The only bad thing is that it does not matter how easy bodies can be found when there is no place to dispose them. The close distance to the enemies combined with the high accuracy with the silenced gun gives a feeling of perfection when being able to get 5 headshots in one second. It was much better than "MaxPayne 3" because 47 is not so stupid. Expand
  23. Mar 5, 2013
    Dont get me wrong this game is not a game 10/10 its a 8/10 but there are reviews of user that gave 0/10 that is just stupid Comn dudes this game is good
  24. Nov 27, 2012
    New game about Agent 47 causes only good feelings. Developers created new game engine for Hitman. Graphics in this game is nice. New elements organically was added in gameplay. Story was surprised for me. But I can't to choose best game in this year about killer/assassin? Hitman or Assassin's Creed? On my mind, today we have two perfect action games. When was the last time?
  25. Dec 14, 2012
    Darkness, violence, freedom, diversity. More features. Great atmosphere. There is still a lot of room for improvements but would it be still enjoyable if it was more difficult and realistic ? For me it's a must have.
  26. Jan 8, 2013
    It's about time Agent 47 took a new direction. Admit it, after four games of stealth it gets boring fast. Much like Sam Fisher on Splinter Cell: Conviction. Fast paced, action and a good shoot-em-up time. Disgusting that the brain raped Crap of Duty console gamers have a say in this. If people don't like it, the go shoot everyone in Blood Money's painfully short levels.
  27. Dec 12, 2012
    Amazing. This Is Much better then Blood Money. I Know That You Could Have a playground in Blood Money but every mission felt like an add on to a game. Absolution has great cover mechanics like gears. The Story is Riveting and deep. The Levels are fun and highly re playable. People complain about the disguise mechanic but there are ways of getting past it. The Point System isn't an annoyingAmazing. This Is Much better then Blood Money. I Know That You Could Have a playground in Blood Money but every mission felt like an add on to a game. Absolution has great cover mechanics like gears. The Story is Riveting and deep. The Levels are fun and highly re playable. People complain about the disguise mechanic but there are ways of getting past it. The Point System isn't an annoying coach telling you what to do. If you care for score then learn from mistakes. The Glacier 2 engine does a great job with graphics even on low. The checkpoint does re spawn enemies but you can do better points wise. The only flaw of this game is the combat but the goods of the game just make it awesome. It can be hard on purist and using instinct and smart thinking is key. I recommend playing easier difficulties. DON'T DIVE INTO PURIST. I Loved this game from beginning to end and i might be one of the very few 10 out of 10 but i'm gonna spend 17 hours wasting my life playing it again. (: Collapse
  28. Dec 7, 2012
    I'm not a fan of the Hitman series. I never played the other Hitman games. However I was impressed when completed the game. I loved the story, and the developer put in subtle humour here an there, which I liked very much. After completing the game on normal, I have moved on to the hard difficulty and am finding the game very fun to play through a second time (on the harder difficulty).I'm not a fan of the Hitman series. I never played the other Hitman games. However I was impressed when completed the game. I loved the story, and the developer put in subtle humour here an there, which I liked very much. After completing the game on normal, I have moved on to the hard difficulty and am finding the game very fun to play through a second time (on the harder difficulty). Also my main is to get perfect scores every level but that's pretty hard :P All in all I think its a really solid game. Maybe if you liked the old games, you won't like this one (taken from what other people are saying), but if you are a newcomer, such as me,I think you will enjoy this game very much. Expand
  29. Dec 18, 2012
    I think Hitman is great. Awesome climate just like in previous part. I bought it for 17 euros at http://www.go2arena.com/hitman.html . Some people complains for its animation, but i think it suits for this type of game and its climate.
  30. Jan 6, 2013
    I don't understand all of the hate here for this game, go back and play contracts, then boot this up and I dare you to say this game isn't better. It's a solid game with a **** ton of single player campaign to play through. It's not perfect but **** - 0 scores? Come on now, don't be so quick to trash it because a new dev tried something different, give it the credit it's due. This isI don't understand all of the hate here for this game, go back and play contracts, then boot this up and I dare you to say this game isn't better. It's a solid game with a **** ton of single player campaign to play through. It's not perfect but **** - 0 scores? Come on now, don't be so quick to trash it because a new dev tried something different, give it the credit it's due. This is a solid game that has a lot of variety, and it's a ton of fun. Name one other game besides grand theft auto maybe where you can run around an entire map and kill every single person you see with a bong. Expand
  31. CBZ
    Dec 3, 2012
    Many things have changed since Hitman: Blood Money. The graphics have improved immensely, each room is full of details that are unique to that room, not the classic standard decor that repeats in the whole game. The character moves more fluidly, and it includes features like the quicksooting (i think that's what is called). There are many more levels than in HM: BM, however, they areMany things have changed since Hitman: Blood Money. The graphics have improved immensely, each room is full of details that are unique to that room, not the classic standard decor that repeats in the whole game. The character moves more fluidly, and it includes features like the quicksooting (i think that's what is called). There are many more levels than in HM: BM, however, they are shorter and more linear. The door feature makes it impossible to finish the mission the way you want but rather the way they designed it to be finished. The contracts mode makes the game much more replayable by creating new objectives and the community seems very involved when it comes to create new contracts.
    As you can see, this new release is a mixed bag of new changes but I believe the pros clearly outweight the cons.
    Absolution is a title worth buying if you take it with an open mind and dont expect Blood money with better textures.
  32. Dec 5, 2012
    im just writing this because i am enjoying the game so much , and it looks great on pc , if you have nvidia gpu just use fxaa and 2x msaa shadows on medium or high, looks like ultra but better performance ,and looks 10 times better than consoles! if you enjoyed splinter cell conviction. this is for you , great game!
  33. Nov 30, 2012
    Great game. innovative and new but still Hitman and a great stealth game. Definitely has good replayability with contracts mode and multiple ways to finish each level. Graphics are impressive as well. Don't listen to people hating on it, I only encountered a few minor bugs. Story line is great, especially the ending.
  34. Nov 22, 2012
    Get your sporks ready cause dinner is done. Spicy creole cooking to make you sweat. Sure, it's gritty and sticks to your teeth like a mix of sand and bugs and you'll be convinced that your tounge is going to melt but that's the kind of cooking we love. That down home, mom is trying to kill you style.
  35. Dec 2, 2012
    Hitman Absolution is a great game, the graphics are very good. But unfortunately they've made it more storyline based rather than like Blood Money. The disguises don't work unless you have a certain amount of instinct. But most of the time you always run out and start a huge firefight. Which completely ruins the stealth of this game. I understand that if there is no instincts bar thenHitman Absolution is a great game, the graphics are very good. But unfortunately they've made it more storyline based rather than like Blood Money. The disguises don't work unless you have a certain amount of instinct. But most of the time you always run out and start a huge firefight. Which completely ruins the stealth of this game. I understand that if there is no instincts bar then it'll be just like Blood Money where you can wear a disguise and go wherever you want without being caught. But they should at least make it last longer, especially in out door areas.

The way stealth has been implemented in this game is that it's more cover based stealth. You cant be seen 99% of the time. But in a good way it makes the game a lot more harder especially in the hardest difficulty Purist. It's all about trial and error, waiting for that person to move, what you can do there and where to go etc. The weapons are ok, but there needs to be more silenced weapons, rather than un-silenced loud weapons which you pick up from the NPCs on the level. You cant choose which weapons you can have before you start a level, which is slightly annoying. You can only do that on contracts mode.

The levels are also quite linear, but in a good way on some. There are many weapons in the environment that you can kill people with which is awesome.

The voice acting of Bateson is also pretty good but in some cutscenes there could had been more opportunity for him to speak. You can listen to him speaking when you press F1.

The game runs fine, but I hope in the future that Nixxies improves it because I only get around 45-60+ FPS but the game runs fine. (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz. ATI Radeon 6950)

Overall, the game is pretty good. It's just that it could had been better if the disguise system wasn't so annoyingly broken, and getting caught ALL the time.
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    I dont have no idia why people are arguing. THIS GAME IS AWESOME! Beutiful gameplaygraphics and good storyline. Contracts is **** boss. Probably because they are cod fanboys.Dont listen to them....
  37. Nov 26, 2012
    Though filled with Splinter's Cell -like sneaking, the real fun is after completing the game, when you really get to dig into the Contracts mode. 8/10 for the overall, but 10/10 for the Contracts.
  38. Nov 30, 2012
    This is the best Hitman ever! the + Good history
    Nice level design
    the voice acting is beautiful! the lightning level i perfect there is many ways you can complete the level (etc. you can go stealth and use the environment as your weapon or you can just shoot your way out!) many cool disguises many cool weapons funny easter eggs This game is the very best game from the HITMAN
    This is the best Hitman ever! the + Good history
    Nice level design
    the voice acting is beautiful!
    the lightning level i perfect
    many cool disguises
    many cool weapons
    funny easter eggs
    This game is the very best game from the HITMAN series!

the -

- Need more chicks! ;)
  39. Aug 17, 2013
    Great atmosphere, great story and great graphics, solid 8 by me, but it could be better. Game just needs more polishing. Too many bugs and lots of really irritating aspects. Since when building's security is permitted to use smg and assault rifles or even to run any investigation "We have suspect here" Those latex dominatrix nuns with guns a'la Elite Guard from RTCW are not even better.Great atmosphere, great story and great graphics, solid 8 by me, but it could be better. Game just needs more polishing. Too many bugs and lots of really irritating aspects. Since when building's security is permitted to use smg and assault rifles or even to run any investigation "We have suspect here" Those latex dominatrix nuns with guns a'la Elite Guard from RTCW are not even better. County jail in Hope bigger than Alcatraz isn't far behind... Seriously, where did you get all this sick crap IO Definitely old Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is still the best part. Expand
  40. Dec 23, 2012
    A sometimes underrated game. Although changing from previous instalments, it is an enjoyable and complex game that allows you to go through levels in many different ways (if you are lucky enough to find them), often leading to me taking completely different routes after restoring checkpoints etc.

The openness of previous games is taken from this Hitman, but it doesn't ruin the game, considering the story, and I'm not sure whether it's on purpose that levels get better and better on the way through, or whether it's you adjusting to each situation. Worth a thorough playthrough
  41. Mar 28, 2013
    The graphics are awesome, the game is very ruthless, but you can manage to go through a mission without actually doing it 'the right way'. Lots of options on how to kill your targets if you are patient and spend time exploring the maps. I like the story aswell. I didn't play any of the other games though, so I have nothing to compare it to, other than the fact it is a better stealth gameThe graphics are awesome, the game is very ruthless, but you can manage to go through a mission without actually doing it 'the right way'. Lots of options on how to kill your targets if you are patient and spend time exploring the maps. I like the story aswell. I didn't play any of the other games though, so I have nothing to compare it to, other than the fact it is a better stealth game to me, than most. It held me entertained through the campaign the whole way and I wanted to know more of the story as it went along. I liked the gunplay and the options that I had for killing my targets.

It isn't exactly perfect, but it was a great experience, 8/10
  42. Dec 25, 2012
    I found this to be a challenging game with lots of action and super graphics. My only problems were: (1) each mission became somewhat repetitive (2) annoying way in which melee battles switched to slow motion (may be due to playing on the easy level). Otherwise, very entertaining, but not quite worth the new release price. I suggest waiting until it goes on sale.
  43. Sep 17, 2013
    Love Hitman Series. However, almost every CONSOLE PORT gets a minus-one from me right away, simply because it does not care about PC GAMERS. And this Hitman installation obviously does not. You cannot adjust FOV, which is limited to a box-view. I mean come on you are a silent assassin and you cannot see anything beyond what's directly in front of you (and even that is oftenLove Hitman Series. However, almost every CONSOLE PORT gets a minus-one from me right away, simply because it does not care about PC GAMERS. And this Hitman installation obviously does not. You cannot adjust FOV, which is limited to a box-view. I mean come on you are a silent assassin and you cannot see anything beyond what's directly in front of you (and even that is often obstructed by the bald head of the main character). Come ooooon!
    The game is also a little too hard from beginning (although i am playing on hard, and it seems that all areas are littered with people, making silent approach almost impossible), punishing you for taking out (even if you just knock someone out) all non-targets and decreasing your mission "budget".
    Aside from the bad, i still enjoy the game: hiding in the shadows, pulling gangsters out of the windows, snapping the necks of your targets, dressing as maids (alright maybe not as maids, but you'll definitely get a chance to dress as cowboy!) all of those things are present in Hitman: Absolution, and if you enjoyed previous installations, you will enjoy this one as well.
  44. Feb 18, 2013
    Being an avid Hitman fan, having played all the games through at least 3 times each, I can say that my initial fears of this game becoming yet another cinematic shooter and losing its unique identity amongst the vastness of mediocrity has been proven wrong. This game is drastically different from other Hitman games. Where Blood Money was more conservative in its advancements from theBeing an avid Hitman fan, having played all the games through at least 3 times each, I can say that my initial fears of this game becoming yet another cinematic shooter and losing its unique identity amongst the vastness of mediocrity has been proven wrong. This game is drastically different from other Hitman games. Where Blood Money was more conservative in its advancements from the previous three games, Absolution is a much more radical jump from Blood Money. There are many things different. The game engine is much more modern than the dated Glacier, because it not only features DirectX11 with gorgeously lighting, but enables the developers to craft more detailed cutscenes, environmental manipulation and superb crowd simulation. Facial detail is no longer bland, but very realistic. The same goes for virtually all aspects of the game. You see, in previous games the vital factor in determining your performance was your understanding of the game's mechanics. The levels seemed to have distinct approaches and pathways which were set in stone, unless you could successfully manipulate the AI's field of view. In Absolution, IO have continued the emphasis on environmental interactions as they did in Blood Money, but to a much greater depth. They've tried to make it so that if you've never played a Hitman game, you can rely on your instinct of what you'd actually do if you were in the level in real life. Almost every aspect of the game is very realistic and your approach isn't subject to your knowledge of the game's limits. Sure, it's no longer as technical as Hitman 2 or as steep of a learning curve like in Codename 47, but I think in the current generation and context of gaming, Square Enix have been wise with their decision on the direction of this franchise. There are 20 levels (which is more than usual) but now that there is an actual story holding it all together (and not some lazy flashback storytelling like in Contracts or Blood Money), you actually get a game which flows like Hitman 2 rather than a random culmination of levels. But don't be expecting anything good; the story is just to glue together the levels rather than the main focus of the game (it's a BAD story). Gameplay is very modern, hwoever. That means there's friend leaderboards for each part level (checkpoint), an unlock system (rewards for certain actions, challenges etc.) and achievements. Everything you do in the level is assessed. The way it's done does give you a lot of scope for approach and replay value to improve your score, but requires a robust scoring system and solid game mechanics. There are a few major issues with the game though. The first is the disguise system. Whoever thought getting spotted immediately and losing points for it when you walk anywhere near someone with same costume clearly didn't understand the idea of a disguise. Sure it's realistic, but now you'll find yourself trying to do levels suit-only much more often. The second problem is how the scoring system penalises you for trespassing even if the boundaries were not immediately obvious; forcing you to restart checkpoint. My final complaint is the poor effort in the level design department. There might be 20 levels but my god they're long. And it's not the suspenseful kind of long, since there's none of Jesper Kyd's beautiful work to keep you happy while waiting. You spend most of the game sneaking from one spot to another, and the occasional parts where there is some actual target involved it's very lazily done. Often bits of level design are copied from previous Hitman games, but dumbed down to be almost trivial. There's very little thought required to silent assassin a level, but I guess that's to appeal to brainless newbies who think this game is a shooter. Aside from that, the game is definitely a great step forward for the franchise which has really moved with the times. The instinct mode instead of a map, the cover system, the point shooting, the combat mechanics etc. are all good advancements. As for controls, there's no first-person view any more and there are a few too many buttons rather than scroll menu like in Blood Money, but at least in the PC version you don't have to hold down a button to do something everything has a unique button assigned to it. To sum up, Absolution is very different from previous games and it's quite clear that Square Enix's agenda was to heavily promote it as a stand-alone game rather than trying to please hardcore fans. However, Contracts mode is the place to go for competition as it allows you to create your own missions within each level. The essence of Hitman is still here, but much less about level design and more about a game which anyone can easily pick and play to their taste. Expand
  45. Dec 21, 2012
    I have played and own all the Hitman games and love them all. From the go I could not wait for this game to be released, constantly excited for it! So when it did finally come out I installed it and got playing it at roughly 1am.

First thing to hit me was the Graphics. I run a i5 2400k, 2GB 460GTX, 8GB ram PC. I can play it on High if I want some frame rate drops or on normal/med if I want it smooth. Either way, the game looks stunning. The environments, the setting, the atmosphere, Agent 47s barcode all done to an amazing detail. Everything looks amazing and polished. However, the bloom effect were slight over-powering, with the bloom bouncing off Agent 47s shiny head being a slight distraction, but you get used to it.

The music is great! Fits the scenes perfectly and extremely adaptive to how the current situation plays out. Sneaking through the level? No problem, here some suspense background music, oh wait, you just strangled a guy with fibewire - here;s a sudden 5 second dramatic piece to add to that tension. Oh look, your blasting your way out of a firefight! Here is an dramatic action music piece to match the scene. So whatever your play style, the music fits with it perfectly.

The biggie, Gameplay. What the previous Hitman games have are still here. Some parts are more up to scratch and actually improve on the originals while other are either dumbed down or actually don't seem to work. Lets start with the negatives, and the most easily look at one. The disguise system. So in past Hitman games, you could easily walk around with people like you and blend in and out of a scene. However, not so with Absolution. Now the game assumes all police officers know all police officers. If you are in a police mans outfit and another policeman spots you, you get a suspicion indicator slowly grow. This make the disguise system, especially on the difficulty Hard or above, broken. Sometimes it easier to just use cover throughout the whole level or simply kill everyone with your weapons. With such interesting disguises I was looking forward to playing about with them, but it felt more trouble than it was really worth. Now my second kind-of negative point is the instinct. Or at least it was a negative point when I first heard about it. Then I remembered that in the old Hitman games there was a thing called a map showing where everybody was. Instinct is a great feature to replace the map with as it makes the game more difficult and challenging while also being a helpful tool to predicting enemies movements and, as a last resort, run away/gun everybody down.

Onto the more positive gameplay aspects. Its still Hitman. You still get assigned targets in most missions and still have many ways on taking that target down. And man is it fun taking down those targets, either with a sniper **** or by making it look like an accident and exploding a gas cooker. The crowds, well, this is where it aces the previous Hitman games. The crowds are amazing. Remember in Blood Money, that level with the crows? The Murder of Crows? The crowds in that was impressive. Now in Absolution they are spectacular. And they feel so alive. Most of the crowd interacts with each other, and you cxan just stand idle listening to them gossip which in actual fact can turn out to help you. One time I was in chinatown and over heard these couple of bystanders talking how the target gets his usual hit from a drug dealer who lives on the 2nd floor. So right then I had a window of opportunity, just by listening to the crowd. There were also a large number of hilarious moment I **** at while listening to people. It can be funny but it certainly makes the world feel much more alive and living.

There are hundreds of challanges and unlockables to get. Things such as going through a level wearing just a suit, but to get another challenge called Chameleon which is to put on every suit in that level, warranting another playthrough. Then there's Contracts mode. A fantastic multilayer edition to the game. The creator of the contract has played through the level and targeted selectable people who are the contracts, the creator then kills these targets in a way he wants then makes for one of the few exits scattered across the level. This ends the contract and then it gets uploaded, allowing players to try and beat the score or the leader-boards. It is a lot of fun to play and to create contracts.

Quickly the mention the story. Yes, there is one and play a significantly bigger role then in previous games and It actually is good. A good story with great characters and settings you can't go wrong with that, and absolution doesn't.

Overall, Hitman is still Hitman. It may feel different in parts and with a core mechanic of the previous Hitman games broken in most places, the game does set itself apart from the previous games but only slightly. Its a welcome edition to the series and its glad to have Agent 47 and his red tie bac
  46. Xon
    Mar 17, 2013
    Hit and Miss Man.
    This was my first Hitman game.
    Positives -The graphics are amazing, with lots of config options. I turned bloom off, the flowers were blindingly bright! -The NPC are mostly detailed and unique. -Important characters are edgy and quirky -Multiple playthroughs possible. Negatives - The game can be frustrating. I played it on the easiest setting because I just
    Hit and Miss Man.
    This was my first Hitman game.
    Positives
    -The NPC are mostly detailed and unique.
    -Important characters are edgy and quirky
    -Multiple playthroughs possible. Negatives
    - The game can be frustrating. I played it on the easiest setting because I just couldn't be bothered with the trial and error that underlies gameplay.
    -Often stuff happens to your character during cut-scenes that "develops" thee story but which feels like a setback.
    -The campaign is quite short.

I got it on special on Steam. I got more than my money's worth. Solid game if you can avoid the frustrations.
  47. Apr 4, 2013
    This game was fun and full of action, but it did have some problems. The worst part of this game is probably the lack of manual saving. I've had this game crash THREE times in under 30 minutes, but nothing else after that. The disguise system works, but was sometimes annoying because people would notice you anyway, but it can be saved by using the Instinct key. The points system was alsoThis game was fun and full of action, but it did have some problems. The worst part of this game is probably the lack of manual saving. I've had this game crash THREE times in under 30 minutes, but nothing else after that. The disguise system works, but was sometimes annoying because people would notice you anyway, but it can be saved by using the Instinct key. The points system was also very tedious, as I always wanted to do the best I could, but I'd have to start over if I made a mistake. However, it doesn't ruin this entire game full of explosions, gun kills, silent kills and more. Expand
  48. May 12, 2013
    For all complaints This game may not the best out-there, but is just amazing.
    We're not talking about graphics (they're pretty good), we're talking 'bout playability, and that my friends its a nice point.
    Ok play in lower levels of difficulty ...hitman sense, enemies paths, objects sub-lined, you can go on... WE must play on Purist!!! there's were lives and shines the real game. No
    For all complaints This game may not the best out-there, but is just amazing.
    WE must play on Purist!!! there's were lives and shines the real game.
    No map, no sense, no nothing...only you and your brain. Extremely hard tough guys, no place to run, no time to disguise...think before u shoot. I've spent a lot of hours replaying and creating new ways to kill to get unnoticed.
    So go for it guys...this games rules.
  49. May 12, 2013
    I did not play the older Hitman series, but decided to give this one a go when it was on sale. My very first impression was a very nicely rendered playable cut scene. The levels are very linear, and was hoping for a more sandbox style of game play. All the same, the levels are challenging, and allows for several ways to take targets out. The storyline is fun, predictable, and cheesy atI did not play the older Hitman series, but decided to give this one a go when it was on sale. My very first impression was a very nicely rendered playable cut scene. The levels are very linear, and was hoping for a more sandbox style of game play. All the same, the levels are challenging, and allows for several ways to take targets out. The storyline is fun, predictable, and cheesy at times, but is still fun to watch it unfold. If this is on sale, give it a try too, you will have a good time. tldr: Great graphics, average and linear game play. Expand
  50. Jul 24, 2013
    Blood Money is the best Hitman game to date, no doubt about it. The thing people fail to realize is that Absolution isn't entirely a Hitman game. The story is not about 47 being a hitman, it's about Agent 47 as a human being, fending for himself and being the hunted instead of the hunter. I think a lot of the design choices reflect this, and it only enhances the realism and immersion.Blood Money is the best Hitman game to date, no doubt about it. The thing people fail to realize is that Absolution isn't entirely a Hitman game. The story is not about 47 being a hitman, it's about Agent 47 as a human being, fending for himself and being the hunted instead of the hunter. I think a lot of the design choices reflect this, and it only enhances the realism and immersion. Sure, some of the levels are linear and others are ridiculously short, but there are some pretty sweet set-pieces in this game that are both original and creative, albeit repetitive and less-enjoyable, gameplay wise, when compared to Blood Money's levels. Even if the gameplay falls short in places diehard Hitman fans would consider crucial to the series, the level of immersion and storytelling is leagues above any previous Hitman game. NPCs feel alive, environments have ridiculous amounts of detail and the game is rocking a sweet sound-track to boot. Of course, the absolute best aspect of this game is the voice acting. This game should win awards for its voice acting, it's THAT good. Almost every character in each level has something to say as you walk by them. You'll want to stop and hear what they say, too, because they usually have some interesting things to say, like how there's a toxic barrel of waste on the balcony, or that they get a serious allergic reaction when they eat peanuts. You know, just gossip. Expand
  51. Jan 24, 2013
    This game reminds me of like when bands release an album that part of the fans dislike... No.. Hitman Absolution is not a lot like the previous games when it comes to gameplay and such. But F*** IO Interactive can construct a game with awesome non-liner missions, awesome detailed, rich maps unlike a lot of game etc. Farcry 3. It has likable and dislikable characters as every good gameThis game reminds me of like when bands release an album that part of the fans dislike... No.. Hitman Absolution is not a lot like the previous games when it comes to gameplay and such. But F*** IO Interactive can construct a game with awesome non-liner missions, awesome detailed, rich maps unlike a lot of game etc. Farcry 3. It has likable and dislikable characters as every good game should have. If you like story-driven intense singleplayer games this is for you! Wait a second i forgot to mention the beautiful, rich and dense graphics. It's been a long long time since anything looking this good, besides BF 3 and to some extend The Witcher 2. There are minor bugs but really nothing serious, and as every game it could be better optimized but what the hell. As of right now i'm proud to be a dane!! Expand
  52. Mar 28, 2013
    Agent 47 is back, and now he’s out for revenge. Hitman: Absolution focuses on the infamous unknown killer himself as he travels through an emotional story of regret, anger, turmoil and despair. The storyline of Hitman: Absolution revolves around the assassin and his plight to save Victoria from living the same harrowing life as 47. Being created within a laboratory, Victoria was engineeredAgent 47 is back, and now he’s out for revenge. Hitman: Absolution focuses on the infamous unknown killer himself as he travels through an emotional story of regret, anger, turmoil and despair. The storyline of Hitman: Absolution revolves around the assassin and his plight to save Victoria from living the same harrowing life as 47. Being created within a laboratory, Victoria was engineered for one purpose, to become the next level of high grade assassin out for hire. Follow 47 as you stealth your way through shadowy side streets and abandoned hotels seeking revenge upon those who would force such a gruelling lifestyle upon another living being. Hitman: Absolution is for audiences of 18+. Hitman: Absolution is a game in which you can kick your feet up and enjoy, allowing yourself to soak in the storyline and have huge amounts of intense fun with, the number of possible takedown manoeuvres are truly fantastic, whether you’re making your assassination look like an accident, going for the critical headshot with a sniper rifle, or closing in for the kill with 47’s signature silent assassin fibre wire, you will never be stuck for possibilities or new and fresh ideas of how to advance onto your target. Hitman: Absolution is a game for the critical thinker, promoting further brain functionality into strategic thinking, problem solving, as well as time and risk management, requiring the player to think before acting. Players will have to deal with the consequences of their actions, whether that’s killing extra targets or escaping and trying again, the smarter gamers will find that they are just as at home within this environment as they would be within any other strategy based game. The many different levels of the game each have their own theme and background, making for a large library of interesting possibilities and hugely detailed level design, boasting incredible graphics allowing the characters to look incredible, as does the level design, weapon sprites and the locations. The characters each have their own distinct personality and capabilities allowing you to really believe in their existence. As well as a highly in depth and griping storyline, you also have a creation feature, in which you can walk the streets and assassinate your own targets however you see fit, whether you want to blow a hole in Chinatown and your targets along with it, or you want no-one to know you were even there, you decide how to proceed in your assassination attempts. After designating your own targets you can upload the assassination contract to allow your friends and enemies to compete, allowing you to see who’ll be the next best assassin in the online leader boards. Will you step up and accept the contract? I give this game 8/10, the graphics are amazing everything within each level is absolutely beautiful. The level design allows for a huge number of possibilities, the storyline is a perfect ending to a well known and hugely loved series, and the game play and controls fit the game extremely well. The only problem I have with this game is the fact that the replay-ability of the game is lacking but the overall experience of the initial play through easily makes up for this minor pitfall. Expand
  53. Aug 24, 2013
    Hitman Absolution is a mixed bag. While basically an OK game and worth buying on sale (for under $10) it suffers from a few tragic weaknesses, which are unfortunate, because it had the potential to be a classic: THE GOOD. This game boasts great cinematics and cut-scenes. The story is interesting and the graphic fidelity in the game levels is solid. The UI and the unlockables are alsoHitman Absolution is a mixed bag. While basically an OK game and worth buying on sale (for under $10) it suffers from a few tragic weaknesses, which are unfortunate, because it had the potential to be a classic: THE GOOD. This game boasts great cinematics and cut-scenes. The story is interesting and the graphic fidelity in the game levels is solid. The UI and the unlockables are also solid. As a console port it is one of the better ones. Replayability is there because of how easy it is to mess up stealth. THE BAD: The levels are too small and too linear. Controls. While we understand that this is supposed to be a 'stealth game', why does agent 47 walk so damned SLOW? Sticky cover is problematic. A lack of jumping and environment destructibility are both fails in a game based around mastering an environment. In short, the controls feel sticky and clumsy. Since veteran gamers have played dozens of these games, we quickly get a feel for the level of nuance in the controls and hear they fall short of what they should be for an 'assassin' game. Despite my qualms, buy it and try it yourself. There are things like, if you can master the controls and the levels.

54. Jul 30, 2013
    Indeed this is now more like Splinter Cell with its linear corridor-type levels. No real disguises (the thing which really made Hitman so fun!). Sometimes I expected to come up with hands up (X button) but the guard was already shooting at me. This all just feels too inconsistent. Cmon devs haven't you ever worked as janitors or similar in your life, perhaps as students? Those guys neverIndeed this is now more like Splinter Cell with its linear corridor-type levels. No real disguises (the thing which really made Hitman so fun!). Sometimes I expected to come up with hands up (X button) but the guard was already shooting at me. This all just feels too inconsistent. Cmon devs haven't you ever worked as janitors or similar in your life, perhaps as students? Those guys never fully know everyone else working with them, new people come, also there are these temp work firms who lease personel in that respect disguises would work in real life almost like in previous Hitman games. And you just took away the whole experience. You see, Hitman was not a Deus Ex Human Revolution style game where you play hide and seek and shoot tranqualizer darts, it was a game about dressing as servants, guards and janitors.. Absolution is probably not a bad a game by itself, it's just that I don't wish to play it because I like Hitman and not Splinter Cell. Expand
  55. Dec 30, 2012
    Easily the best hitman in the series and ive played them all. I do agree however with a few of the nagative things people are saying. No case for sniper rifles? Where does 47 hide those big guns, not to mention the baseball bat? It does take some of the fun and realism out of it and could be potentially painful for 47's rear. Also the disguises, i think theyre good but i agree you shouldntEasily the best hitman in the series and ive played them all. I do agree however with a few of the nagative things people are saying. No case for sniper rifles? Where does 47 hide those big guns, not to mention the baseball bat? It does take some of the fun and realism out of it and could be potentially painful for 47's rear. Also the disguises, i think theyre good but i agree you shouldnt have to go into absolution mode just to walk past some dingbat NPC guard, particularly true when wearing a disguise that covers 47's face. But at the end of it, the graphics and the gameplay are a severe improvement upon the older games in the series and despite its faults, Absolution is a joy to play. Im not sure why people are saying the game is on rails, im almost at the end, there have been a few linear sections but in most cases the player has a lot of freedom in the way they can take out their target and navigate the level, although i also do wish they allowed us to save anywhere in level as used to be the case. In my opinion this is the best hitman game yet and i give it 8/10, penalised for the flaws mentioned above. Also, im running a GTX 570, i7 quad core and the game runs on ultra settings with no noticeable frame rate drop in most places even with all those NPCs walking around the joint. A very very nice game to look at indeed. Expand
  56. Feb 24, 2013
    I enjoyed playing this game. Hitman Absolution is a stealth game. Lots of sneaking around and different ways of killing your target. There are parts in this game that can frustrate, like there being few checkpoints in a mission. I died a lot and would sometimes have to repeat certain sections over and over again.
    Even though I was frustrated at times, I enjoyed the story and wanted to
    Even though I was frustrated at times, I enjoyed the story and wanted to see it through to the end.
    The graphics were excellent, really nicely done.
  57. May 18, 2013
    this is a great stealth game!!!! the game is really good and fun. the story and voice acting in the game are amazing!!! the story is interesting and original. the gameplay is really good as well. animations are great. the game has one of the greatest stealth systems i have ever seen. the only issue with the stealth mechanics is the outfits. this is great idea, but it isnt perfect yet. ifthis is a great stealth game!!!! the game is really good and fun. the story and voice acting in the game are amazing!!! the story is interesting and original. the gameplay is really good as well. animations are great. the game has one of the greatest stealth systems i have ever seen. the only issue with the stealth mechanics is the outfits. this is great idea, but it isnt perfect yet. if you change your clothes, every other enemy from that type nows you. i get the point of this, but sometimes it just doesnt make sense. all the cops in the same city dont now each other!!!. i really appreciate IO interactive for making the outfit system, but it does need some work, the graphics in the game are amazing. the game looks really impressive, and the lightning looks great as well. another good thing the game does is the crowd sections. blending into the crowd is done masterfully.
    the best thing about the game is the options it gives you. the game gives you endless ways to do your objective. from shooting your target, to electricuting him, there are a lot of ways to do assassinations. most of the games levels are big enough. on the other hand, some of the levels are too little. im not refering to special action sequences hich by the way are done great) but some stealth levels are just too little which is a bit dissapointing. dont take me wrong! most of the levels are really open, but some of them should have been bigger. the last complaint i have about the game is the save system, the save system is just bad. it should have been better or it should have given you the option to save manually.

overall the game is great!!!!! this is the best stealth game to date. its not perfect, but if you like stelth games you should definetly buy it!!!!!
    note: the game requires a lot of patience!!! if your not patiente you will hate the game!!
  58. Mar 29, 2014
    Hitman: Absolution is the absolute direct successor to Blood Money, with enhanced mechanics and much-improved graphics (Tons of lens flare).

I really don't understand the mainstream hate on this game, i've completed the storyline (warning: isn't really that great) like any person around the world. Which means it is possible, but probably a little challenging at times, depending on the difficulty you are playing on.

Really recommend getting the Hitman franchise if you want to feel like a complete badass, Blood Money and Absolution did not disappoint me, at all.

Area(s) to improve on:

- Perfect, or Better Story-telling
    - Pretty flawed A.I Behavior

Improving on 2 of these issues (the might be more that i've mistakenly excluded from this list) could result in more people actually willing to finish the game and decrease the amount of retries, which can be god-awful during some levels.

UPDATE (29/1): After hearing from the recent news disclosures of Hitman 6 from IO interactive, i was very pumped! Go IO Interactive!!
  59. Jul 23, 2013
    after 6 ans a half years the original Assassin comes back and he comes back with a really good game ,
    first the positive things i found in this game
    1- this game has amazing cinematic presentation one of the best ever 2- amazing gameplay it keeps the previous game play of the previous parts of the series and adds a few things that makes it even better like the cover system i found
    first the positive things i found in this game
    1- this game has amazing cinematic presentation one of the best ever
    2- amazing gameplay it keeps the previous game play of the previous parts of the series and adds a few things that makes it even better like the cover system i found that really helpful
    the game is flexible as you can advance with stealth game play or action depends on your choice
    3- on the previous parts of the series you had to discover alternative ways to kill the target it is present in this game actually it is even better in this game but you have the instinct which guides you towards it whi i find really helpfull
    4- the story is really really good with well written dialogue and many twists as you advance
    5- this game is visually stunning it has great graphics
    so what was bad in this game
    the checkpoint in this game is really bad because it the checkpoints are present in really bad places that you can easily not notice at all
    some are complaining that they don't like the instinct and so you can easily disable it and enjoy
    and some complain that it borrows from splinter cell conviction well this isn't an action game it is a stealth game and if you don't like that feature in the game don't use or try to play the game on higher difficulty
    in the end a really great game and a great addition to the amazing series
  60. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun, great graphics, the game-play and story could use a bit more work they could have made the game a bit longer as well. But other than that this game is really fun and it is worth the money.
  61. May 21, 2013
    what a game! enjoyed every minute and was sad when it ended. compelling storyline, endless replayability, good graphics, challenging AI One of my favourite games ever
  62. Dec 7, 2013
    Hitman Absolution is a very average game. Pros are Decent storytelling, Well animated Cutscenes, Decent story, Many different approaches for each mission, Very tense, No bugs, Fantastic mechanics, Very gripping, Great AI, long campaign. Cons are Story goes a bit haywire towards the end, and contradicts the story so far, Below average PC port, gets repetitive, can be frustrating, terribleHitman Absolution is a very average game. Pros are Decent storytelling, Well animated Cutscenes, Decent story, Many different approaches for each mission, Very tense, No bugs, Fantastic mechanics, Very gripping, Great AI, long campaign. Cons are Story goes a bit haywire towards the end, and contradicts the story so far, Below average PC port, gets repetitive, can be frustrating, terrible gunplay, no real difficulty curve, only difficulty spikes, fuzzy graphics, disguises are rendered useless, linear and disloyal to the previous games, Hand-to-hand combat is nothing but a QTE, Fake difficulty, Contracts mode is awful.

I'd recommend this game, but just bear in mind that it's nowhere near perfect.
  63. May 2, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. I have not played any Hitman games before until this one so I am not sure what the others are like but this one was a lot of fun from my perspective. The graphics were good and the objectives were fun. I didn't follow the story too well but from what I gathered it was pretty good. No bugs or issues. The one criticism I have is that the "disguises" you wearI really enjoyed this game. I have not played any Hitman games before until this one so I am not sure what the others are like but this one was a lot of fun from my perspective. The graphics were good and the objectives were fun. I didn't follow the story too well but from what I gathered it was pretty good. No bugs or issues. The one criticism I have is that the "disguises" you wear almost never work. There were too many instances were I was wearing a disguise that the people saw that it was me and then a giant gun fight occured that either resulted in me dying or me getting a really low score. I might just suck at the disguises but it happened far too many times. So in general this was a good game I would reccommend it. Expand
  64. Jul 21, 2013
    Very sophisticated and beautiful game.
    But it is not of enough amusing.In-game ranking,records and score system ruin a good game.
    Someone may say that ”high difficulty distinguishes bad gamers".I guess that everyone who is earnest "plays" this game firstly will experiance a process of "endless" restarting or reloading. Ironically 47's favourate guns:Silver Ballers are just seldomly used
    Very sophisticated and beautiful game.
    Ironically 47's favourate guns:Silver Ballers are just seldomly used in the game.
    Wish that the designers improve the gameplay of the series.
  65. Aug 19, 2013
    This is a good game. It is completely different (but good different) to the previous installments yet that shouldn't put you off giving it a try. There are times when proceedings move in the on-rails direction though this is generally handled with finesse. The quick-time melee system is kind of cool in my opinion, it makes you a bit more vulnerable and forces you to plan your sneak attacksThis is a good game. It is completely different (but good different) to the previous installments yet that shouldn't put you off giving it a try. There are times when proceedings move in the on-rails direction though this is generally handled with finesse. The quick-time melee system is kind of cool in my opinion, it makes you a bit more vulnerable and forces you to plan your sneak attacks precisely. Guards are overly alert and if you hang around too long or move too quickly past other guards then you will be outed in a flash. Absolution is a lot more challenging than Blood Money. What is completely retarded however is when you take a disguise that has a mask and 47 opts to not wear it....?! Somewhat reminiscent of Hitman 2 where dressing up in full firefighter gear (complete with gas mask) did nothing to avail suspicion.

Many have said that Absolution has done for Hitman what Conviction did for Splinter Cell... This isn't true since Absolution is undoubtedly a well-crafted (albeit different) gaming experience whereas Conviction was a total disaster.

However:

- Checkpoint system is clumsy
    - The various uses for Instinct are rendered worthless since you will use up most of the ability getting past other guards
    - Performance issues (e.g. the infamous Absolution appcrash error, it took me 2 hours to fix it before I could even begin playing the game)
    - Straight to DVD plot
  66. Apr 19, 2014
    Absolution is a great hitman game but it is no blood money 2.the graphics are really amazing.The challeges give this game the replayability like blood money.overall a great game.
  67. Jul 5, 2013
    Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun
  68. Jul 14, 2013
    Well it's not the best maybe but definitely not the worst at all... Do not understand the crowd tried to crucify this game. It maybe lacks some of the depth gameplay-wise or such but just flows nice and smooth.

Well the only thing that bothered me was the achievement system, which is built like a regular arcade game that makes you play just hit the top score with "already given!" assassination styles as you see in the very names of the achievements. That blew whole magic out of it...

But other than that, game is just fine. If you've already played all of them, play this one too, not that bad at all...
  69. Jul 23, 2013
    The story was surprisingly delicate. There was actually some personal motivation of the hitman to assassinate most of the targets. But at some point things became a bit predictable...
    However, it was great fun having so many creative options as how to kill the targets. Some of these ways were really funny and it was very satisfactory if a cunning, twisted plan worked out with wonderful deadly results!!
    As a player you will get to feel the console port in the controls and this combined with the system requirements made things a bit frustrating to navigate at times.
    This game can be played several times for sure as there's so many options when it comes to completing one's mission. The story was surprisingly cinematic and I liked the characters quite a bit.
    Overall a solid entry.
  70. Jul 23, 2013
    Great game. I've played Bloodmoney(great game too!) but Absolution it's definetly better. A few minor let-downs that are more perceptible for the old fans.Excellent graphics and gameplay mechanics, good variety ways to do the missions and the score system makes you wanna replay missions just to get a silent assassin score. If you like to play in a true stealthy way that punishes slothGreat game. I've played Bloodmoney(great game too!) but Absolution it's definetly better. A few minor let-downs that are more perceptible for the old fans.Excellent graphics and gameplay mechanics, good variety ways to do the missions and the score system makes you wanna replay missions just to get a silent assassin score. If you like to play in a true stealthy way that punishes sloth (loosing points) this is the game for you.
    The Bad:
    - Disguise system is better but still has lot to improve
    - 47 still a litte bit robotic
    - Concealing big weapons is a step back from Bloodmoney like sentosasam wrote.
    - New qicksave system discourages experimentation and respawn all enemies.
    Still a great game for the stealth genre fans.
  71. Aug 17, 2013
    Greatly improved from former series, less realistic though. But does it really matter? As far as it is a game, user-friendliness and immersion are much more important than any other things. Anyway, this game was intriguing at all. That's enough for it.
  72. Sep 11, 2013
    Great AAA game. The stealth mechanics are pretty good, the action gameplay has been improved, the difficulty is high, and the graphic and sounds are very polished.

The instinct mode has been well implemented, without ruining the gameplay. I don't know if this one is actually better than the Blood Money. Honestly i didn't like this "new" character of 47 as in the past. But the story

Honestly i didn't like this "new" character of 47 as in the past. But the story it's still quite good, and the longevity is around the 25 hours.

I suggest this new Hitman game to all the fans of the series, and to those who love stealth games.
  73. Oct 26, 2013
    The game gets merit, but the vast majority of it comes from the credit of its predecessors. It has amazing graphics, and the create your own contracts feature just blows your mind away. With more accidents, excellent and vast pathways to kill your target, the game does deserve some credit.
    However, the storyline was a bit too greasy, that is, it didn't "feel" like the hitman storyline. The gameplay also was a bit linear. Some missions in the game felt completely pointless, and were there just for the sake of it. Having said that, it did feature some of the best missions in the series so far, like blackwater park and king of chinatown. But the game did seem to loose its true identity. Killing a wrestler publicly did make me feel like "what the hell am I doing?" Some features did show 47 going soft, which, according to me, was kind of pathetic.
    The only reason for the game to get an 8, is that it does bring out a few fragments of the classic features of the series, the awesome "create your own contracts" feature, and a variety of accidental kills. Nothing more.
  74. Oct 26, 2013
    With this game needing to keep up with previous releases of the game, plenty of players aren't totally happy with it, yet, the game has crafted an amazing story, which gets you trapped on it, making the whole experience quite enjoyable.

The best of the Hitman series is here, stealth mode. You don't need to go against all of your opponents when you can simply trick them and do your job as cleanly as possible; get in, take your target down and get out. It doesn't get any easier than this.

The new "Instinct" system is quite useful, and if you're looking for a challenge, you can simply not use this feature, and beat the game without using it, even though there are some quite nice tricks that come in the package.

All in all, the game is enjoyable, the storyline is amazing, and playability is decent. You should play this game.
  75. Nov 10, 2013
    I must say I really enjoyed the game. It was not out and out amazing, but I had fun. For me it was the best Hitman game I have played. I was never that much of a fan of the series, but I liked this one. It was a solid 7.
  76. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Amazing, some of the best. Character models look fantastic, 47’s bald head never looked better. 10.
    Sound: Great voice acting, amazing soundtrack, realistic environmental sounds. 10.
    Gameplay: The gameplay has been refined to modern day controls with a cover system that works the best that I’ve seen so far, but still retains the old Hitman formula. Each mission is tackled in various ways all up to the player to decide. Stealth plays a major role in this game, making run and gunning an option but very difficult. This isn’t the best Hitman game I’ve played but it is one hell of an amazing game, gametrailers for their false review. 9.5.
    Story: Your back in business and your first task is to assassinate Diana, but she leaves you a request to take care of a girl, and you go through all you can to meet her request. Along the way you run into some hilarious characters, and other interesting villains which make assassinating them a joy. While the story isn’t the greatest, it still keeps an interested vibe to keep pushing the game forward. 9.0.
    Lasting Appeal: Worth it, buy this ****ing game, the gametrailers reviewer, he is no stealth fan, he can’t appreciate a good game, but you can, buy this game! 10.
    Overall Score: 9.7 out of 10.
  77. Dec 10, 2013
    Hitman is back and is it good? Yep.

Hitman: Absolution is a fantastic game, filled with fun and action. Sticking true to it's roots at most parts. The graphics are great and it runs well on my PC. The Presentation and the detail itself is very good. The character animations are great, truly good achievement on such old hardware. The game itself while sticking true to it's roots at
    Hitman is back and is it good? Yep.

The game itself while sticking true to it's roots at parts, goes more action-like. Of course I feel it should have really stayed 'The hitman way'.

The story is decent, but the level structure is so good. You can basically approach a mission in plenty of different ways.

The ending wasn't that great, though.

Overall, Hitman: Abs is a good game and definitely worth it.
  78. Jan 16, 2014
    Hitman: Absolution took its time to be released.

The gameplay seemed dull and linear, especially with the lack of planning potential and almost no content from the previous games. The abilities that Agent 47 gains are nice (movement prediction of the hostiles + an enhanced aim then shoot mode), however i get mixed feelings about the disguises. In some environments, you can blend with
    Hitman: Absolution took its time to be released.

The abilities that Agent 47 gains are nice (movement prediction of the hostiles + an enhanced aim then shoot mode), however i get mixed feelings about the disguises. In some environments, you can blend with the surroundings which is great, but in others, you have to require stealth in order to get undetected, disguise or not.

An argument against the linearity of the game would be that each mission is divided in many sub-missions, which allows you to "plan" your moves.
    You should also take note of the challenges (Or achievements, sort of.) that makes the game even more challenging, and encourages you to re-play missions taking many different approaches. Grinders would love this.

The selections of firearms is disappointing. Only the legendary Silverballers remain, and they don't possess any sort of important power, since most enemies should die in one shot. You can still play with guns blazing, but the lack of upgrades makes this particular game style real boring real fast. I recommend playing in stealth and using melee silent take downs, where you get a variety of eliminations.

The storyline is good. I don't want to spoil the review, just take my word on it. You will most probably enjoy the story and the generous range of characters.

Graphics are also good. Nothing to add there.

Finally, the multiplayer mode is new to me: it's a sandbox mode where you get to pick targets to assassinate, then murder them. This will record the time it took you to kill your targets and which weapon you used (or if killed by triggering an "accident") You later post that murder recipe and other players on the net can try and assassinate the targets the same way as you do. It can be enjoyable if played in a competitive spirit with friends.

You shouldn't go out of your way to get this title, but at the same time you will not regret buying it.
  79. Mar 2, 2014
    Hitman is unique, this game has something that I never found in other game... Maybe absolution is far to be the best hitman, but is a hitman and it has the same spark that is so hard to find in others games... one advice? Play this game in purist difficulty and enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed it, lose yourself in the game, the environment in hitman let you do that.. that is hitman.. OfHitman is unique, this game has something that I never found in other game... Maybe absolution is far to be the best hitman, but is a hitman and it has the same spark that is so hard to find in others games... one advice? Play this game in purist difficulty and enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed it, lose yourself in the game, the environment in hitman let you do that.. that is hitman.. Of course now I'm already waiting for the next game of this amazing saga. Expand
  80. Feb 28, 2014
    나는 이게임을 정말재미있게했다.
    멋진 액션과 좋은 그래픽과 정말 최고의게임이라고 생각한다.
    타격감도 좋다.battlefield4보다 재미있게 했다.
    플레이타임도 길고 정말 재미있다.
  81. Jun 20, 2014
    The game so god damn linear. Compared to blood money this is so bad.All they had to do was improve on blood money! . I want to walk around and finding a way to kill a target not being told exactly where to go...Whats the point in that. Plus 47 is way too close up to the screen
  82. Nov 10, 2014
    First of all, the main character is male which is terrble and unrelatable, who wants to be a stinky overemotional male? If that wasn't bad enough, at multiple points in the story the game forces you to kill sex workers for no reason. Do not recommend.
  83. Jul 1, 2014
    It's not exactly like previous Hitman games, but it is still true enough to the series and fun in its own right to be a good game. Not great, but worth the sale price. SCORE: 80/100.

Graphics are like most Squeenix games are now: amazing (Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs - they nail it HARD). Played on ULTRA at 1600p and it's a beast. It taxes the ASUS 290x even more than Tomb Raider, but I don't think it looks any better, so maybe not optimized as well. Regardless, stunning.

It is a bit more closed-in and linear but not linear in the way a platformer is or anything. Still multiple ways to solve objectives.

They have already said the next one will be true to form. Update this already beautiful engine, make it open world, and bam, perfect Hitman.
  84. Oct 29, 2014
    Hitman series has taken a low blow to the lower intestinal region, this is nothing like the brilliant Blood Money game and prior games.

If you are a classic Hitman fan, you may want to avoid this game. The first fish market mission was great, you have the usual hitman style gameplay in a sandboxed area, then everything goes haywire. It turns into a linear storyline, classic hitman

If you are a classic Hitman fan, you may want to avoid this game.

The first fish market mission was great, you have the usual hitman style gameplay in a sandboxed area, then everything goes haywire. It turns into a linear storyline, classic hitman elements are thrown out the window, it turns into a linear Max Payne style game.

Not good. This is not the Hitman we know.
    Stopped playing after 3-4 missions.

Attempting to play the game while ignoring the fact that it is a hitman game failed.
    At a basic level it simply doesn't deliver, not sure what the devs were trying to accomplish but it just doesn't work.

For the love of Hitman... bring back the classic Hitman style sandbox gameplay, don't try to be an emotional linear action FPS... it simply doesn't work with this franchise.

85. Nov 2, 2013
    The games gunplay was boring, and yes i like doing stealth runs and rampage runs, both were ordinary. hitman silent was the best game it combined them both so well.

No loadout to select your weapons before a map this time either, goto use cheats just to have some fun on maps.
  86. Nov 16, 2013
    After playing Blood Money, and loving it, I was excited to hear about Absolution. Then I played it...
    No sniper rifle in the briefcase
    No custom weapons for each level Can't aim down the sight on the guns THAT HAVE OPTICS Lose points for anyone that isn't a main target, even if you just knock them out. The tutorial at the start teaches you how to sneak, use your fibre wire, point
    No sniper rifle in the briefcase
    No custom weapons for each level
    Can't aim down the sight on the guns THAT HAVE OPTICS
    The tutorial at the start teaches you how to sneak, use your fibre wire, point shooting, etc...but all are useless since it'll just count against you...

I found it far too easy to just run and gun, since this game plays like a shooter, not a stalker. If I'm going to lose points, might as well go big and kill everyone...
  87. Jun 21, 2014
    I've loved all of the Hitman games, and I just don't see why people are so critical about this. The *character* of 47, the feel of the game, and everything story was there in spades. The gameplay was awesome. Just because they made the game itself fairly different is nothing in comparison to how incredibly *cinematic* they made everything. This game is an absolute must play. Don'tI've loved all of the Hitman games, and I just don't see why people are so critical about this. The *character* of 47, the feel of the game, and everything story was there in spades. The gameplay was awesome. Just because they made the game itself fairly different is nothing in comparison to how incredibly *cinematic* they made everything. This game is an absolute must play. Don't believe the doubters! Expand
  88. Aug 11, 2014
    Really boring and disappointing after two years of pubs and all these stuff and no matter how years of work. Very unpleasant and doesn't worth even to talk about. There's no fun in playing this, it can only gives headaches. When I watched gameplay videos I thought: Wow, really impressive. Hitman 2 is miles better than this crap. Even though this game worth a 7 on score, but I won't give itReally boring and disappointing after two years of pubs and all these stuff and no matter how years of work. Very unpleasant and doesn't worth even to talk about. There's no fun in playing this, it can only gives headaches. When I watched gameplay videos I thought: Wow, really impressive. Hitman 2 is miles better than this crap. Even though this game worth a 7 on score, but I won't give it after all this long expectation. Expand
  89. Dec 27, 2013
    I was looking forward soo much for this game. Huge disappointment. I expected fun and nonlinear game like Blood Money was. What I got is next gen hide and seek simulator. Game has good potential bud it is killed by numerous ill-considered game-breaking changes to game mechanics. Using up instinct when in costume is the worst one. You can't go trough the level and plan your strategy becauseI was looking forward soo much for this game. Huge disappointment. I expected fun and nonlinear game like Blood Money was. What I got is next gen hide and seek simulator. Game has good potential bud it is killed by numerous ill-considered game-breaking changes to game mechanics. Using up instinct when in costume is the worst one. You can't go trough the level and plan your strategy because you have to be hidden nearly all the time. Need to recharge instinct forces you to kill non-targets which is huge downer for us clean killer folks. It is also very stupid and unrealistic. Same goes for need to knock out every other guy so you can move around freely at least a little bit. I seriously doubt that worker in the huge factory can instantly recognize all of his 500 colleagues at glance. I also really miss customizing your weapons. Nothing compares to smuggling your lightweight heavily customized w2000 through security. That was big part of fun for me and it's sad to watch it being dumped out of the game. All in all every single change of game mechanics from BM is game-breaking. There may be many hidden ways to kill your target or get upper hand but game actively forces you to take the most boring and most obvious road. Expand
  90. Jul 5, 2013
    Absolution could've been a good game, but it's a wasted potential in so many ways. The main premise the Hitman is on the run, he's got no backup from the Agency, and it gets personal is pretty cool by itself, BUT the realisation is very, very poor. Firstly, the story barely making sense, with dialogues evidently written by a fifth grader, and plain stupid, boring grotesque, clicheAbsolution could've been a good game, but it's a wasted potential in so many ways. The main premise the Hitman is on the run, he's got no backup from the Agency, and it gets personal is pretty cool by itself, BUT the realisation is very, very poor. Firstly, the story barely making sense, with dialogues evidently written by a fifth grader, and plain stupid, boring grotesque, cliche characters. The gameplay also varies from the previous iterations, In theory, it's a game about Hitman relying solely on his skills and instincts. Hence the lack of map and any pre-mission briefing in theory, you have to improvise. On practice though, it's not the case. The game doesn't encourage any kind of improvisation any non-silent actions, including killing common henchmen are punished by lowering your score. So you will still find yourself wandering around your target, making some kind of a plan, as in the previous games. Only this time you won't be able to save at will for some reason, which is freaking annoying. As for the disguise system (you can be recognised only by NPCs wearing the same disguise as you do) it's kinda-realistic alright, but on practice it's also pretty damn frustrating, there's hardly need for such realism in a game where you can change clothes in under 5 seconds and store sniper rifles in your jacket. To sum up, Absolution tries hard to be a good game, to present itself seriously, but ultimately fails and becomes a step (a few steps, actually) back comparing to its predecessors. Expand
  91. Apr 8, 2013
    Mediocre. To sum it up short, it has a terrible story with no consistency, one-dimensional characters, flimsy level design, and linear set pieces. It removes the core of Hitman, that is planning to perfection on how to kill your targets. It's gone in this game, save a few levels.

However, the game has great game mechanics. Had these been implemented into bigger maps and a less pretentious storyline, it would have worked. Other than the Instinct feature, the game benefited from it's great controls.

It isn't without it's faults though. The disguise system is horrendously imbalanced and doesn't help you at all. Considering it's a core feature of the Hitman series, this hits hard.

Though the game has it's moments. Levels like, King of Chinatown, Terminus Hotel, Hunter and Hunted, Streets of Hope, and Blackwater Park are brilliant, and are some of the best in the series. Although, the other levels are completely unplayable, since the player will have no ambition to grudge through them and their linear design void of player choice.

If you see this game on a Steam Sale, I'd say you should buy it to see just what it's about. That doesn't change the fact that it's a huge disappointment in the series after Blood Money.
    You're better off purchasing the HD Collection if you're a console player.

This game had huge potential IO. Fix it with the next game.
  92. Jul 31, 2014
    Game is masterpiece in every aspect, from story to gameplay. Far better than previous "Blood Money". Bots are smarter. Also you can pretend to surrender & other interesting stuff, like creating your own contracts for your friends, or doing your friend's contracts. I enjoyed every mission, from beginning to the end. Graphics are also very good for 2012. In short, Very well made game.
  93. Jul 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hitman absulution is the newest game in the series, albeit not the best. The game itself was fun, but had very low replayability due to the fact that they redid everything.
    THE GOOD~
    What i really liked about this game was the fact that you could go sneaking about and strangle people. Its brilliant. Thats like all the other games though, so ill skip that. The graphics are amazing, and when you finish the game, you can play other user-made "Contracts" that make you kill certain people with certain weapons, and costumes, etc. There is a vast majority of melee weapons and guns, and the story is somewhat fascinating. (Not really, but who listens to the story anyway?) Throughout the game, they really emphasize that the bad guys ARE the bad guys, and i liked that. It keeps you going.
    THE BAD~
    In my opinion, Blood-Money was better. They really took a linear approach this time. Sure, you can choose if you want to kill your target in the left hall or the right one, but in blood money, you could choose the left, the right, the roof, the kitchen, in public, with a gun, a knife, in the bathroom, with a plunger, etc. They really took out the sandbox feel that most of the series has. The replayability is low due to this fact, so once you beat the game, its pretty much done. Also, they penalize you for killing civilians with score. I didnt like that, especially since in BM i would have "Kill everyone" missions, just for fun. They also REALLY butchered the disguises. If you wear a disguise, and a police officer sees you (Lets say you were wearing a PoPo uniform) He would get gradually more suspicious until you were "arrested", in which case you would take his gun and get into a hostage situation. THAT'S NOT STEALTHY. I like stealth, but Hitman: Absolution butchered that.
  94. Sep 1, 2013
    When I first saw the unveiling of Hitman: Absolution, I was optimistic to see our favorite nefarious assassin make it to the current generation of gaming. What I was not optimistic for was the Hollywood cast, or the introduction of “magic pockets” (that is, the ability to carry a sniper rifle in your coat pocket). In the faux pas words of Max Scoville, who interviewed IO Interactive staffWhen I first saw the unveiling of Hitman: Absolution, I was optimistic to see our favorite nefarious assassin make it to the current generation of gaming. What I was not optimistic for was the Hollywood cast, or the introduction of “magic pockets” (that is, the ability to carry a sniper rifle in your coat pocket). In the faux pas words of Max Scoville, who interviewed IO Interactive staff after a preview of the game, my worries were “assured”.

It is true that Absolution retains its stealth ethic (and arguably with as much rigor as Silent Assassin), but it is greatly downplayed by an obnoxious point system ever present in the upper left corner. Every misstep you perform is noted here, and it cannot be disabled unless you play on purist. I assume that this is the IO’s snide reply to those who complained about mystery witnesses at the end of the level in previous games.

Speaking of AI; it has definitely improved to some extent, there are no longer telepathic NPCs who know who you are just by hearing a guard lift up a radio without saying any words in it. At one point, I was amazed how the AI suspected I was behind them when I reloaded my gun, or when I knocked out a guard and his radio made some kind of interference. But it is still not perfect. Unless you yourself make noise, guards never look behind themselves, even when you throw something right in front of them from 5 feet away. I found this AI was most comparable to Silent Assassin, since I still remember being shot in St. Petersburg for running.

The story in itself is one of question. Although it lines together with the conclusion of Blood Money rather well, it goes into a whole other direction with the inclusion of a plot device, a 14 year old genetically modified girl given superhuman abilities with an isotope in her necklace. A dying request by one of 47′s former employers is to protect her prized innocence, and seek out and kill those who wish to do her harm. The initial casting of William Mapother and recasting of David Bateson has 47 speak more lines in this game than arguably any of his previous titles. Yet 47 doesn’t babble, his newly founded areas of dialogue include briefing the player, found on by pressing the F1 key when on a level.

Regarding level design, the developers have largely abandoned that open world feel in favor of a more linear theme. The open world concept is still alive in some levels such as the Chinese New Year and Hope missions, but is by no means to the same extent as Blood Money was, which was way more consistent. I do admit, though, that they were far more generous in sheer number with 20 levels.

Graphically speaking, the visuals are stylistic, but too many filters and post-processing are applied in the name of artistic direction. It was almost reminiscent of Battlefield 3 in a way, knowing that the visuals already looked just fine 5 filters ago. Luckily, you can turn off the bloom in the settings.

The depth of field is incredibly flawed, however. Even at the highest setting, you have a severely myopic camera that will unexpectly blur out even the most important things in your field of view. It is especially bad when 47 is coming out of a dark tunnel in a mission to enter Dexter’s Industries, but perhaps it is intentional. If so, it was not a good decision to include it within the game.

With the absence of Jesper Kyd, the sound design is left extremely sporadic and often random. The music will often cease or begin without any cue, and the action music, when 47 is discovered and NPCs turn hostile, is uninteresting and bland compared to the orchestral/electronica mix we’ve come to know and love.

In conclusion, Absolution is probably one of the most polarizing titles in the Hitman series since its conception in 2000. Now approaching its adolescence, it has lost most of its innocence and changed its state of mind in order to fit in with the in crowd. That means no more map, no more first person point of view, and no more “stop and smell the roses” missions. Is it a good thing? I’m not so sure at the moment. Usually, when a game gets a mixed rating the critic suggests that only true fans pick up this title, but I suggest the exact opposite. If you’re new to this series, playing this first can give you a taste of the gameplay so you can work backwards to the core of the series and see what was the true aim of the series was all about. That is what I believe Absolution, after 6 years in development, seems to be lacking.
  95. Oct 18, 2013
    new generation of graphics better looking characters more graphics and a total and unnecessary revamp of a perfectly fine system. The new disguise system is almost a joke and pointless, the episodic missions just ruin the fun of having a big map to roam around in as it essentially cuts it up into 3-6 different sequences where even if you screw up in a previous one it has 0 impact on thenew generation of graphics better looking characters more graphics and a total and unnecessary revamp of a perfectly fine system. The new disguise system is almost a joke and pointless, the episodic missions just ruin the fun of having a big map to roam around in as it essentially cuts it up into 3-6 different sequences where even if you screw up in a previous one it has 0 impact on the next at least we got our fan service Expand
  96. Jul 30, 2014
    People who didn't like "Blood Money" seem to like "Absolution". Need I say more?

Extreme linear missions without any planning-phase! No more weapon-upgrades or loadout-selection (!), A braindead "disguise"-system that forces you to "sneak" and crawl like a kid who watched too much spy-movies. Quick-Time-Event-Fighting. (You've read right: numb quick-time-event-fights! The cancer of

Extreme linear missions without any planning-phase!
    No more weapon-upgrades or loadout-selection (!),
    Quick-Time-Event-Fighting. (You've read right: numb quick-time-event-fights! The cancer of modern gaming dumbed down even further.)

No more cool mission-score-system like in Blood money.
    Instead you have to bare with a "High-score-system" that pops up stupiditly in your face while you are midst a mission.

All of it is wrapped up in a pathetic and illogical story.

Don't buy this shiny garbage and don't belive any of the high ratings!
  97. Oct 21, 2013
    The map is toooo small,please don't split it in to small parts. I can't choose weapon before starting a mission. And the enemy is really annoying, i hate this game, i want my old hitman game backkkkkk
  98. Sep 13, 2014
    Surprisingly excellent addition to the Hitman series. I loved original Hitman back in 2000, especially the tension from big stealth missions that you couldn't save and every single mistake was fatal. Extremely disappointed with Hitman 2 where you could suddenly save and all the tension was gone, so I abandoned the series and got back after 12 years. Happy to see that our 47 is back in topSurprisingly excellent addition to the Hitman series. I loved original Hitman back in 2000, especially the tension from big stealth missions that you couldn't save and every single mistake was fatal. Extremely disappointed with Hitman 2 where you could suddenly save and all the tension was gone, so I abandoned the series and got back after 12 years. Happy to see that our 47 is back in top form. Checkpoint system is a nice compromise, so the tension is still there, but the frustration of repeating entire missions when things go wrong is not so painful. Visually it's beautiful, really good looking engine that runs smoothly, fantastic crowds, rich colors, details, really good controls. Melee fights are kinda lackluster with QT button mashing, but that's not what Hitman is here for anyway, this is about stealth, about being unseen, about moving like a cat in the midst of the enemy territory and silencing the unwanted targets. I loved it, played new Thief recently and even though that's supposed to be primarily even more focused on stealth, I was enjoying Absolution stealth mechanics more. Good old disguise system is here, but this time, they can recognize you if you have the same outfit as them, kinda logical, but also kinda annoying. Loving the environmental opportunities in this game. Absolution is not as exotic as previous games that were all around the world, this feels more like a retro USA road trip, but it's good, it feels compact and more focused to that and there is still pretty good amount of variation here, sometimes even reminiscent of the past - Chinatown, bar, hotel, etc. Story was a bit monotonous, in the vein of get the girl, almost got her, oops, someone else took her, so let's get her again somewhere else and so on, but it was still presented in a nice almost cinematic feel and I really liked the experience overall. 9/10 Expand
  99. Feb 19, 2014
    Despite the same decent levels of gameplay you are used to with Hitman this one feels lacking in cohesion. The missions seem like cookie cutter stuff spliced with cut scenes to hurriedly push along the story. The end is also FAR from an "Absolution"
  100. Mar 8, 2014
    I will admit I was not a fan at first. I enjoyed the first two levels, with the King Of Chinatown being brilliantly designed to introduce you to the variety of killing options in this game. However, it was missions 3-6 that really turned me off to the game. Luckily, after writing my previous mixed review, I pushed on, and I'm so glad I did. The gameplay really picks up after that, as doesI will admit I was not a fan at first. I enjoyed the first two levels, with the King Of Chinatown being brilliantly designed to introduce you to the variety of killing options in this game. However, it was missions 3-6 that really turned me off to the game. Luckily, after writing my previous mixed review, I pushed on, and I'm so glad I did. The gameplay really picks up after that, as does the story. Once you tame the beast that is the stealth engine, missions open up, remaining just as challenging but becoming LESS frustrating. The disguise system starts to work better with the opening up of levels, as do the other mechanics. Weapons are fun. Stealth is fun. Tools and mechanics are just so satisfyingly FUN! Great game. Not much I can complain about, besides the mission 3-6 stretch. Expand
  101. Dec 12, 2012

Despite the deviations and minor shortcomings, it remains true to its roots. It just brushes them aside for a while, just long enough for it to tell its story- a story where the traditional contracts and other usual components just wouldn’t fit. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 8, 2013
    Hitman: Absolution does stand out from the ocean of gray and brown shooters that populate the market, but not in enough good ways to warrant a recommendation.
  3. Dec 26, 2012
    It's not a bad game by any means, and it does fix some problems with the controls that plagued previous games, but having the story that essentially makes Agent 47 less of a hitman and more of an espionage hero, makes Absolution a decent stealth game but not a fantastic Hitman game.