7.0

I love the choices that you could make for killing enemies
    Overall, good game
  2. May 15, 2015
  3. Apr 16, 2015
    Yes, sadly the game is not a new Blood Money experience, we can all agree on that one. But you have to be blind not to see that this is a pureblood Hitman game, with modern gameplay mechanics, plus amazing graphics.

There are still plenty ways to finish off a mission, stealth is implemented good and AI is above average. New aim system however, is irrelevant to a hardcore Hitman player like myself :)

I am giving it a 9 because the story could offer more. I don't know what but... more...
  4. Mar 31, 2015
    After Blood Money, which was a great comeback for the series, my expectations were high for number 5. Hitman: Absolution, unfortunately is more of an interactive movie than a hitman game. The graphics are impressive, but they come at a high price. The design is more colorfull and less stylish compared to the original games. It takes away from the atmosphere and makes everything lessAfter Blood Money, which was a great comeback for the series, my expectations were high for number 5. Hitman: Absolution, unfortunately is more of an interactive movie than a hitman game. The graphics are impressive, but they come at a high price. The design is more colorfull and less stylish compared to the original games. It takes away from the atmosphere and makes everything less convincing. Levels are cut up in different sections with checkpoints and autosave. This is for me a capital crime. In the old Hitman games you had to plan your entry, the hit and your escape. If something went wrong, you had to improvise to make it out alive. Doing this, you could go back and foreward at will. Checkpoints destroy this game mechanic and the suspense it generated.

Few of the missions were actually interesting, "attack of the saints" with the cornfield being one of the exceptions. That was probably the highlight in this mediocre game. For my taste, this game brought too much flash to Hitman, while not capturing enough of the essence.
  5. Mar 11, 2015
    Although the maps are way more smaller than the previus games of Hitman, there are too many ways to complete the objective now. This would reflect to my review as a -1, as I believe that both making a big map and having many ways to complete the objective could've been accomplished.
    Something that bugged me a lot about the game was 47's ability to conceal large weapons. None of this nonsense has been made in the previous games and it added a challenge of trying to bring the large weapon back undetected. As this bugged me a lot, it would reflect as a -2
    Another thing that bugged me very often and very much was the dialouges. No, not the in game dialouges, the cutsene dialouges. I can't be the only one that hated how they all sounded like some action movie trailers:
    - I need the information.
    - Well, that's my bussiness, information! You need information, I find information.
    - And a price of course
    (Cliche scary bass sound enters after the bass cello in the background)
    - You're damn right in the price!
    I would like to write all of the action movie trailer like cutscenes but onfortunatelty MetaCritic allows only 5000 characters.
    This thing made me hate the game a lot and made me want to just skip all the cutscenes and sacrifice all the storyline, but from what I have read, no one really saw or got irritated by this. Despite I would like to give this a easily a -3, the fact that no one got disturbed by this would decrease the reflection on the game by -1

What I really loved about the game was the "contracts" and the "absolution". I loved the way that there are now unlimited possible objectives in a map. I know that the maps will bore the player after a time afterall, but I'm sure this feature made the game a lot more fun for the most of the players. This would reflect as a +2 to the review score.
  6. Mar 8, 2015
    Maybe it's a good game. I don't know because I uninstalled the game after I had to to restart it three times and each time having my save games deleted. According to the various threads I read, this is relatively frequent for an issue of that importance. So the developers knew they had the bug, shipped the game anyway and didn't bother to fix it afterward. The only "solution" apparently isMaybe it's a good game. I don't know because I uninstalled the game after I had to to restart it three times and each time having my save games deleted. According to the various threads I read, this is relatively frequent for an issue of that importance. So the developers knew they had the bug, shipped the game anyway and didn't bother to fix it afterward. The only "solution" apparently is to save your saves somewhere else which is of course total BS. Just don't buy it. Expand
  7. Jan 27, 2015
    If you liked Blood money and bought this game as many did because Hitman Blood-Money was just a top shelf hitman game, Only to be presented with some form of Linear choiceless rail driven drivel story that side tracked combat and cutscenes and presented you with a wonderful 0 HITS

This is just like the Tomb Raider Reboot these newer developers should just stop and please PLEASE either get a job in something else or KILL THEM SELVES.
  8. Nov 10, 2014
    First of all, the main character is male which is terrble and unrelatable, who wants to be a stinky overemotional male? If that wasn't bad enough, at multiple points in the story the game forces you to kill sex workers for no reason. Do not recommend.
  9. Oct 29, 2014
    Hitman series has taken a low blow to the lower intestinal region, this is nothing like the brilliant Blood Money game and prior games.

If you are a classic Hitman fan, you may want to avoid this game. The first fish market mission was great, you have the usual hitman style gameplay in a sandboxed area, then everything goes haywire. It turns into a linear storyline, classic hitman

If you are a classic Hitman fan, you may want to avoid this game.

The first fish market mission was great, you have the usual hitman style gameplay in a sandboxed area, then everything goes haywire. It turns into a linear storyline, classic hitman elements are thrown out the window, it turns into a linear Max Payne style game.

Not good. This is not the Hitman we know.
    Stopped playing after 3-4 missions.

Attempting to play the game while ignoring the fact that it is a hitman game failed.
    At a basic level it simply doesn't deliver, not sure what the devs were trying to accomplish but it just doesn't work.

For the love of Hitman... bring back the classic Hitman style sandbox gameplay, don't try to be an emotional linear action FPS... it simply doesn't work with this franchise.

10. Oct 10, 2014
    This is a Must Have as a Stealth Lover. Simple as that. It looks awesome, the surrounding is awesome, the music is awesome, all the different ways to approach every mission are awesome.

Mathematical!
  11. Oct 4, 2014
    A much dynamic version of previous Hitmans. But actually it hurts the game a little. More levels can be more dynamic but, it's also making it repetitive. How many times have you said something like, "Oh **** do I have to run down those guys again?". I said a lot.

Another thing is, the AI. Yes the AI is much more clever, but a gain they are blind. I don't know how would us play this game if they weren't, I simply don't care this a lot.

The checkpoint system is **** By far the worst feature of the game. Why can't you save like older Hitman games man, it's just, full retard. I killed or strangled all those pricks and they respawn after the checkpoint? What is the point of the checkpoint then.

The new score system is a lackluster. Not needed, thanks.

There are some good features like cover changing, instincts (for n00bs), environmental weapons... You can actually kill a man using a ****ing bong! Awesome. But because of the score system, kills count negative, so...

Do I have to say that it has a surprising ending? This is Hitman game ffs.

Too bad that this requires much less effort to solve. Even my dog can, and I don't even have a dog.
  12. Sep 13, 2014
    Surprisingly excellent addition to the Hitman series. I loved original Hitman back in 2000, especially the tension from big stealth missions that you couldn't save and every single mistake was fatal. Extremely disappointed with Hitman 2 where you could suddenly save and all the tension was gone, so I abandoned the series and got back after 12 years. Happy to see that our 47 is back in topSurprisingly excellent addition to the Hitman series. I loved original Hitman back in 2000, especially the tension from big stealth missions that you couldn't save and every single mistake was fatal. Extremely disappointed with Hitman 2 where you could suddenly save and all the tension was gone, so I abandoned the series and got back after 12 years. Happy to see that our 47 is back in top form. Checkpoint system is a nice compromise, so the tension is still there, but the frustration of repeating entire missions when things go wrong is not so painful. Visually it's beautiful, really good looking engine that runs smoothly, fantastic crowds, rich colors, details, really good controls. Melee fights are kinda lackluster with QT button mashing, but that's not what Hitman is here for anyway, this is about stealth, about being unseen, about moving like a cat in the midst of the enemy territory and silencing the unwanted targets. I loved it, played new Thief recently and even though that's supposed to be primarily even more focused on stealth, I was enjoying Absolution stealth mechanics more. Good old disguise system is here, but this time, they can recognize you if you have the same outfit as them, kinda logical, but also kinda annoying. Loving the environmental opportunities in this game. Absolution is not as exotic as previous games that were all around the world, this feels more like a retro USA road trip, but it's good, it feels compact and more focused to that and there is still pretty good amount of variation here, sometimes even reminiscent of the past - Chinatown, bar, hotel, etc. Story was a bit monotonous, in the vein of get the girl, almost got her, oops, someone else took her, so let's get her again somewhere else and so on, but it was still presented in a nice almost cinematic feel and I really liked the experience overall. 9/10 Expand
  13. Aug 16, 2014
    this game is simply awesome. since i started playing it i loved it. i played every hitman exept the third one, so i was expecting it to be equal to blood money but with other levels. i was very surprised to know it was different, and i was glad. I didnt want a game i already played with better graphics and new levels, i wanted something fresh and new. Some people say its too easy becausethis game is simply awesome. since i started playing it i loved it. i played every hitman exept the third one, so i was expecting it to be equal to blood money but with other levels. i was very surprised to know it was different, and i was glad. I didnt want a game i already played with better graphics and new levels, i wanted something fresh and new. Some people say its too easy because you always know where to go, those people are playing it on easy and normal. Real hitman players would play it on hard or purist. If you never played a hitman before, I recommend hard, if you have played a hitman before, play on purist. Expand
  14. Aug 11, 2014
    Really boring and disappointing after two years of pubs and all these stuff and no matter how years of work. Very unpleasant and doesn't worth even to talk about. There's no fun in playing this, it can only gives headaches. When I watched gameplay videos I thought: Wow, really impressive. Hitman 2 is miles better than this crap. Even though this game worth a 7 on score, but I won't give itReally boring and disappointing after two years of pubs and all these stuff and no matter how years of work. Very unpleasant and doesn't worth even to talk about. There's no fun in playing this, it can only gives headaches. When I watched gameplay videos I thought: Wow, really impressive. Hitman 2 is miles better than this crap. Even though this game worth a 7 on score, but I won't give it after all this long expectation. Expand
  15. Aug 6, 2014
    Once again Square Enix ruin a classic pc franchise in order to cater to 12 year old console gamers. I've been a fan of this series since it began and I used to love that they progressively improved it as it went along. Now its a different game. Tiny, linear levels and pointless achievements to try and increase re playability. There were no achievements in the early games and I must haveOnce again Square Enix ruin a classic pc franchise in order to cater to 12 year old console gamers. I've been a fan of this series since it began and I used to love that they progressively improved it as it went along. Now its a different game. Tiny, linear levels and pointless achievements to try and increase re playability. There were no achievements in the early games and I must have played some of those levels a hundred times over (Traditions of the Trade anyone?), for no other reason than they were beautifully designed and thought out. After this, Thief, and to a lesser extent Deus Ex, Square Enix need to have a serious think about who they have in overall control of the direction their games are going. Genuinely saddened that such a classic series has ceased to be. Expand
  16. Jul 31, 2014
    Game is masterpiece in every aspect, from story to gameplay. Far better than previous "Blood Money". Bots are smarter. Also you can pretend to surrender & other interesting stuff, like creating your own contracts for your friends, or doing your friend's contracts. I enjoyed every mission, from beginning to the end. Graphics are also very good for 2012. In short, Very well made game.
  17. Jul 30, 2014
    People who didn't like "Blood Money" seem to like "Absolution". Need I say more?

Extreme linear missions without any planning-phase! No more weapon-upgrades or loadout-selection (!), A braindead "disguise"-system that forces you to "sneak" and crawl like a kid who watched too much spy-movies. Quick-Time-Event-Fighting. (You've read right: numb quick-time-event-fights! The cancer of

Extreme linear missions without any planning-phase!
    No more weapon-upgrades or loadout-selection (!),
    Quick-Time-Event-Fighting. (You've read right: numb quick-time-event-fights! The cancer of modern gaming dumbed down even further.)

No more cool mission-score-system like in Blood money.
    Instead you have to bare with a "High-score-system" that pops up stupiditly in your face while you are midst a mission.

All of it is wrapped up in a pathetic and illogical story.

Don't buy this shiny garbage and don't belive any of the high ratings!
  18. Jul 29, 2014
    After 6 years without a new game in the series, Hitman fans were waiting for this and hoping it would be great. I was one of those as I got it day one and was disappointed at how much it changed in those years of development from good to bad. There is no link between the games in the story or any part of the game itself. It is hard to give this game a bad review because of its greatAfter 6 years without a new game in the series, Hitman fans were waiting for this and hoping it would be great. I was one of those as I got it day one and was disappointed at how much it changed in those years of development from good to bad. There is no link between the games in the story or any part of the game itself. It is hard to give this game a bad review because of its great predecessors but there is a major change from the series going backwards as this game had small maps, terrible AI, bad game mechanics (so that there is always a few ways to kill and complete the mission just they are all basically the same) and also the contracts mode which failed poorly because yes in the past players have challenged each other to become the better assassin. But this game was too bad that no one really tried to compete because it can all be done the same way. This was a bad turn in the series and I hope the new game will revive the great Hitman series. Expand
  19. Jul 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a fun, action packed stealth game. The graphics are amazing, the crowds are stunning and the people are so lifelike. I loved the story line to this game, and the bad-assery in this game was amazing. This game is built around this one person, Victoria who is basically a lab experiment who is a bad ass kid. The agency and a douche named "Dexter" both want her. Agent 47 must protect her. The game was great, the only problem I had was the amount of swearing, but I suppose it is a 18+ game. I would defiantly recommend, and you can kill your enemies in many crafty ways. Expand
  20. Jul 1, 2014
    It's not exactly like previous Hitman games, but it is still true enough to the series and fun in its own right to be a good game. Not great, but worth the sale price. SCORE: 80/100.

Graphics are like most Squeenix games are now: amazing (Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs - they nail it HARD). Played on ULTRA at 1600p and it's a beast. It taxes the ASUS 290x even more than Tomb Raider, but I don't think it looks any better, so maybe not optimized as well. Regardless, stunning.

It is a bit more closed-in and linear but not linear in the way a platformer is or anything. Still multiple ways to solve objectives.

They have already said the next one will be true to form. Update this already beautiful engine, make it open world, and bam, perfect Hitman.
  21. Jun 27, 2014
    This game was an improvement from blood money
    The graphics was amazing and the A.I was pretty smart
    I love the choices that you could make for killing enemies
    Overall, good game
  22. Jun 21, 2014
    I've loved all of the Hitman games, and I just don't see why people are so critical about this. The *character* of 47, the feel of the game, and everything story was there in spades. The gameplay was awesome. Just because they made the game itself fairly different is nothing in comparison to how incredibly *cinematic* they made everything. This game is an absolute must play. Don'tI've loved all of the Hitman games, and I just don't see why people are so critical about this. The *character* of 47, the feel of the game, and everything story was there in spades. The gameplay was awesome. Just because they made the game itself fairly different is nothing in comparison to how incredibly *cinematic* they made everything. This game is an absolute must play. Don't believe the doubters! Expand
  23. Jun 20, 2014
    The game so god damn linear. Compared to blood money this is so bad.All they had to do was improve on blood money! . I want to walk around and finding a way to kill a target not being told exactly where to go...Whats the point in that. Plus 47 is way too close up to the screen
  24. Jun 14, 2014
    Absolution did the cardinal sin of any 'stealth' game and made running in all guns blazing too easy. Even on the hardest difficulty this game is most of the time easier to complete if you roll from cover to cover and shoot everybody you see. This is made even easier with the help of the new instinct meter which makes me think if I'm actually playing Hitman. The costumes (which were once aAbsolution did the cardinal sin of any 'stealth' game and made running in all guns blazing too easy. Even on the hardest difficulty this game is most of the time easier to complete if you roll from cover to cover and shoot everybody you see. This is made even easier with the help of the new instinct meter which makes me think if I'm actually playing Hitman. The costumes (which were once a vital part of this series) are completely broken and, once again, this pushes you towards the action side. The levels are linear too, which is an extremely stupid move made by the developers and they become uninteresting after a short time.

On saying that, this game can actually work well as a cover shooter and nothing is quite as satisfying as watching Agent 47 clear a room in slow motion with the instinct meter. The game has some awesome graphics as well, even if the map design isn't so good.

I wouldn't recommend this game but if you are a hardcore Hitman fan you may want to pick it up just in case the story carries over to the next game.
  25. May 27, 2014
    Mit is kéne mondani a 47-esről? Szerintem NEM kaptuk meg a régi hitman érzést azt hogy úgy oldod meg a pályákat ahogy akarod. Se a zenéket, Se a hangulatot.. Itt ott még saját magából is poént csinál a játék. A karakter viszont iszonyatosan el van találva, a játék menet úgy szintén (előző részekhez nem viszonyítva) DE ez nem Hitman játék szerintem.. Jó próbálkozás, de nem, ez nem az aMit is kéne mondani a 47-esről? Szerintem NEM kaptuk meg a régi hitman érzést azt hogy úgy oldod meg a pályákat ahogy akarod. Se a zenéket, Se a hangulatot.. Itt ott még saját magából is poént csinál a játék. A karakter viszont iszonyatosan el van találva, a játék menet úgy szintén (előző részekhez nem viszonyítva) DE ez nem Hitman játék szerintem.. Jó próbálkozás, de nem, ez nem az a játék már. Talán egyszer visszakapjuk... Expand
  26. May 12, 2014
    Game looks fantastic. But alas I played for 20 min and was disgusted with the game play. It could possibly be my own fault. I played this right after Dark Souls and Fall Out 3.
  27. Apr 19, 2014
    Absolution is a great hitman game but it is no blood money 2.the graphics are really amazing.The challeges give this game the replayability like blood money.overall a great game.
  28. Mar 29, 2014
    Hitman: Absolution is the absolute direct successor to Blood Money, with enhanced mechanics and much-improved graphics (Tons of lens flare).

I really don't understand the mainstream hate on this game, i've completed the storyline (warning: isn't really that great) like any person around the world. Which means it is possible, but probably a little challenging at times, depending on the difficulty you are playing on.

Really recommend getting the Hitman franchise if you want to feel like a complete badass, Blood Money and Absolution did not disappoint me, at all.

Area(s) to improve on:

- Perfect, or Better Story-telling
    - Pretty flawed A.I Behavior

Improving on 2 of these issues (the might be more that i've mistakenly excluded from this list) could result in more people actually willing to finish the game and decrease the amount of retries, which can be god-awful during some levels.

UPDATE (29/1): After hearing from the recent news disclosures of Hitman 6 from IO interactive, i was very pumped! Go IO Interactive!!
  29. Mar 18, 2014
    In short: awwww man, they broke it. Frustrating game because it has so much potential. The graphics feel smooth and the mechanics are better than ever but they removed all planning, thinking and stealth (actual stealth - welcome to cover-based running). You still have different approaches but you can't plan any of them and often have to choose one at random because the consequences areIn short: awwww man, they broke it. Frustrating game because it has so much potential. The graphics feel smooth and the mechanics are better than ever but they removed all planning, thinking and stealth (actual stealth - welcome to cover-based running). You still have different approaches but you can't plan any of them and often have to choose one at random because the consequences are unclear. In one mission you can choose to disguise yourself as an electrician or try to sneak in around the back but you have no way of knowing what the difference is so you choose randomly. You can't bring your own weapons or gear either, so the game comes up with the most stupid excuses to place sniper rifles and other useful things on site for you to find. It doesn't make sense.

The world feels alive and each character has their own story, which is cool, but in the end your role is merely that of a spectator and not a protagonist. You're there to watch in awe how cool the world looks, not to play in it. Such a shame - great potential, awful execution.
  30. Mar 8, 2014
    I will admit I was not a fan at first. I enjoyed the first two levels, with the King Of Chinatown being brilliantly designed to introduce you to the variety of killing options in this game. However, it was missions 3-6 that really turned me off to the game. Luckily, after writing my previous mixed review, I pushed on, and I'm so glad I did. The gameplay really picks up after that, as doesI will admit I was not a fan at first. I enjoyed the first two levels, with the King Of Chinatown being brilliantly designed to introduce you to the variety of killing options in this game. However, it was missions 3-6 that really turned me off to the game. Luckily, after writing my previous mixed review, I pushed on, and I'm so glad I did. The gameplay really picks up after that, as does the story. Once you tame the beast that is the stealth engine, missions open up, remaining just as challenging but becoming LESS frustrating. The disguise system starts to work better with the opening up of levels, as do the other mechanics. Weapons are fun. Stealth is fun. Tools and mechanics are just so satisfyingly FUN! Great game. Not much I can complain about, besides the mission 3-6 stretch. Expand
  31. May 23, 2013
    Despite the linear levels and the flawed disguise system, this game fails to encompass the components that made previous Hitman games successful. My biggest complaint is the rating system whereby it is impossible to obtain silent assassin on the majority of the levels since it just involves getting to the next level. Even when a satisfactory rating is obtained, scores can be reset toDespite the linear levels and the flawed disguise system, this game fails to encompass the components that made previous Hitman games successful. My biggest complaint is the rating system whereby it is impossible to obtain silent assassin on the majority of the levels since it just involves getting to the next level. Even when a satisfactory rating is obtained, scores can be reset to zero for no reason or overwritten to a negative number on replay. There is no reward system for completing levels such as gaining money to upgrade weapons except for in multiplayer where it costs an unrealistic amount of money to upgrade anything ($700,000 for a silencer upgrade, PLEASE!). Replaying levels is unsatisfying because agent 47 is only able to carry one weapon. In closing, very disappointed and not a well thought out game. Collapse

Despite the deviations and minor shortcomings, it remains true to its roots. It just brushes them aside for a while, just long enough for it to tell its story- a story where the traditional contracts and other usual components just wouldn’t fit. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 8, 2013
    Hitman: Absolution does stand out from the ocean of gray and brown shooters that populate the market, but not in enough good ways to warrant a recommendation.
  3. Dec 26, 2012
    It's not a bad game by any means, and it does fix some problems with the controls that plagued previous games, but having the story that essentially makes Agent 47 less of a hitman and more of an espionage hero, makes Absolution a decent stealth game but not a fantastic Hitman game.