7.6

1. Sep 3, 2014
    Fantastic stealth game for it's time. Full of innovative ideas and giving you the option to role play the Hitman perfectly, always having lots of ways how to achieve your objective, varied and exotic locations, different types of missions and especially really good stealth mechanics, disguises and 100% tension thanks to the design decision not to give you saving options. Well, after IFantastic stealth game for it's time. Full of innovative ideas and giving you the option to role play the Hitman perfectly, always having lots of ways how to achieve your objective, varied and exotic locations, different types of missions and especially really good stealth mechanics, disguises and 100% tension thanks to the design decision not to give you saving options. Well, after I finished the ame I found out that you supposedly are able to save once during each mission, ut I finished the entire game without a single save and that's what made it so captivating and memorable. The sense of achievement after the finished mission was huge, but so was the frustration when I had to repeat missions countless times, or when I died just before the end and had to go all over, but that's what made it great and that's why the first Hitman is by far the best in the series. All the ideas come from here and tension have never been so strong ever again. 9/10 Expand
  2. Jul 29, 2013
    Excellent game! Be sure to start with this one before you play the rest in the series. I actually like it very much that you can't save during a level (they added this in Hitman 2 and later). This made for a very difficult game and it was fun! It kind of felt a real achievement to progress. To keep this feeling, I played it on the highest difficult in the rest of the series.
  3. Mar 31, 2015
    Very obscure game with fantastic atmosphere and great story! This game is quite amoral in a fun way! Playing a professional hitman is a thrill! Of course it's not supposed to be something just anyone could do, so expect to be in for a challenge.

The game starts out with the best tutorial ever made. The reason is that it's not so much about the controls (like modern tutorials). here it teaches you how the game works, shows you tactics and introduces you to the different weapons you have at your disposal. Exploring these options is extremely fun!

The game itself has smart levels that require thinking, planning ahead and split second decision making. It's notoriously hard and any mistake can be punished mercilessly ... or if you're lucky you might be able to get away with it ... this time.

Depending on how cleanly you succeeded you get more money as a reward. With that money you can buy better weapons for your missions or pay to clean up if you left too many bodies behind.

The graphics and sound were very stylish and realistic for that time. Also the weapons and in game items are very realistic. Art design was very consistent and nothing feels out of place.
  4. Mar 17, 2015
    Fantastic from high concept to gameplay mechanics. Yeah there's no skips, but It works towards the strategy of watching the ai mobilize. The literary characters and their unique abilities are something you shouldn't miss.
  5. Nov 1, 2010
    One of the only games ever with good game play and a good story. Shooting enemies with a shotgun makes them fly for five meters what is just AWESOME. Also the ending was really good and interesting.

1. I would not hesitate to recommend it to other gamers, but with the caution that you should be prepared for a game that probably won't fit neatly into any mental box you might have prepared for it.
  2. One of the coolest and most absorbing games we've played all year.
    I really had been looking forward to this one and it let me down in so many ways. If only it had been longer... If only the camera had been different... If only it had been a bit more mentally challenging.