Hoard PC

7.1

1. Apr 8, 2011
    Hoard is fun little game that lets you become the big scary dragon who burns towns, takes all the treasures and kidnaps princesses. For me the experience of playing this game was very positive. The game is very easy to understand, controls are intuitive and convenient, so starting to play right away is no problem. This game has some simple, but very stylish graphics. I mean, yeah,Hoard is fun little game that lets you become the big scary dragon who burns towns, takes all the treasures and kidnaps princesses. For me the experience of playing this game was very positive. The game is very easy to understand, controls are intuitive and convenient, so starting to play right away is no problem. This game has some simple, but very stylish graphics. I mean, yeah, technologically it's nothing special, but the atmosphere and the way all the maps look like is just great. Hoard has pretty simple, yet entertaining game mechanics, so playing is fun. AI is not that smart, so after an hour or so switching to the hard mode is recommended, or the better option is to go and try yourself in the multiplayer game mode. It is a lot more fun, and also pretty challenging compared to the single player modes. Some bugs were present in the first version, but update was released recently and I can't find any of the bugs that were present. Overall, if you look at the Price/Enjoyment scale, you certainly receive much more than you pay for. 9/10 is what I give this game. Expand
  2. Sep 23, 2011
    Fun little game. I've found this game to be a great little time waster, if I have an extra ten or twenty minutes, but not the hours it takes to get involved with some games, I will start this game, eat a few knights, ransom a few princesses, collect tons of loot and generally be happy. This game is a quick fix, and satisfies the occasional itch I get for old-school type simple and funFun little game. I've found this game to be a great little time waster, if I have an extra ten or twenty minutes, but not the hours it takes to get involved with some games, I will start this game, eat a few knights, ransom a few princesses, collect tons of loot and generally be happy. This game is a quick fix, and satisfies the occasional itch I get for old-school type simple and fun games. The game is not intricately in depth, which is not necessarily a bad thing. This game is easy to pick up and intuitive, as others have mentioned, I would recommend playing with a controller vice keyboard, not an absolute necessity but it does make thing easier. This game did have bugs at launch (what game doesn't these days?) But they seem like they have been worked out because I don't have problems at all. Not super impressive graphically, not super in depth, but a fun little time waster that I have grown quite fond of. Expand
  3. May 25, 2011
    Bought the 4 pack in the steam sale so it worked out as just over £2.50 each and I've got to say I don't think I've ever bought anything for £10 that is better than this. Great fun when you're playing it in a group. There are different upgrades you can take to benefit the team differently. Haven't played it solo but played a lot of multiplayer and its great fun.Bought the 4 pack in the steam sale so it worked out as just over £2.50 each and I've got to say I don't think I've ever bought anything for £10 that is better than this. Great fun when you're playing it in a group. There are different upgrades you can take to benefit the team differently. Haven't played it solo but played a lot of multiplayer and its great fun. Had no problems connecting to people and am really enjoying it. 10/10 for the price I paid! Expand
  4. May 5, 2011
    Decently interesting, looks to have a good variety of modes and options. Considering there is far more content in this PC version than there was in the initial release on PS3 and PSP, PLUS it's cheaper than it was on those systems, it's a pretty good deal. No story or anything, but it's intended to be pure fun in light bites. Find some friends willing to join in with you and get the 4-packDecently interesting, looks to have a good variety of modes and options. Considering there is far more content in this PC version than there was in the initial release on PS3 and PSP, PLUS it's cheaper than it was on those systems, it's a pretty good deal. No story or anything, but it's intended to be pure fun in light bites. Find some friends willing to join in with you and get the 4-pack for some multiplayer action. Expand
  5. Jul 17, 2012
    Got the game for $2.86 in a Steam sale, and I am enjoying it. The game doesn't seem to have a lasting hold over me, but at 10 minutes a pop it's pretty entertaining. Simple controls, essentially a twin stick shooter where you play as a dragon trying to grab loot. I recommend playing it with a game pad of some sort.

The game is all about score, there is no progression as any progress

The game is all about score, there is no progression as any progress made on your dragon starts back at 0 the next game. In that way, it plays like an arcade game. The action can get a little frantic later on in a game when you are deciding what things to burn down.

The graphics aren't amazing, but neither are they horrible. I think they work well for the game.

I think the sale price might be affecting my judgement. I don't think the game would be worth more than $5, and the asking price is $10. But if you can find it as cheap as I did, it's entertaining for tiny bites.
  6. Feb 9, 2012
    this game can easily keep you occupied for a nice amount of time. it has a fun and simple level up system that keeps the game moving forward. being a dragon, fighting knights, and kidnapping princesses could not be more fun.
  7. Apr 18, 2015
    Un petit sympathique où l'on ne ce casse pas la tête, les objectifs sont simple et à la fois amusante. Certes au bout d'un moment c'est répétitif, mais l'on ne ce lasse pas à essayer de mieux faire que ces amis ou jouer ensemble pour obtenir le meilleur score possible.
  8. Jul 17, 2012

The game is all about score, there is no progression as any progress

1. Jul 11, 2011
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Jul 8, 2011
    Hoard is a very fun multiplayer game, not only for the pleasure of becoming a dragon and terrorize villagers, but also for the intense and dynamic mechanics its gameplay offers.
  3. Jun 23, 2011
    Fun and motivation are two things that Hoard lacks most.