8.4

1. Jul 31, 2014
    were do i start with this game
    1. very fun retro inspired gameplay
    6. this game just works
    My Review Score Is A Prefect
    100 / 100
  2. Jul 19, 2014
    Awesome music, graphics and gameplay, but you may find it a bit hard all through the game but you will feel satisfied once you reached the ending! I wonder how Hotline Miami 2 will be?
  3. Jun 26, 2014
    Yes, I am late to this game. I feel quite foolish for ignoring this game for this long and is one of the few regrets in my life. MUST HAVE GAME!!!!! This game is stunning, just stunning. Extremely colorful and each level is carefully crafted to allow you to have a different experience with each play through. Seemingly a gore fest for a story actually is creative and unique story. Something truly amazing!

The soundtrack... Oh my. Best Soundtrack of the Decade. Addicting and you will replay certain levels and parts just to hear the song.

Difficulty, quite brutal, but it only adds to the gameplay. It's also a plus because you will get to hear the amazing soundtrack... so its a win-win!

Really though, amazing game. Literally an almost perfect game! The only thing it needs is just a change of pace with a puzzle type section or something to just switch it up more. MUST HAVE GAME!
  4. Jun 18, 2014
    This game is different. It is reminiscent of an old arcade game with a top-down view and classic joystick, button combination. With a hi-def bit design (pixelated, but the lines are sharp and contrast is perfect. Think minecraft, terreria, fez, etc..) but with a style of its own.

Music: 10/10
    It fits perfectly with the gameplay. It takes very general elements from older music in games
    like pokemon, megaman, metroid.. etc.. but with a modern twist. It does this well, the pairing of the music with the visuals and gameplay create a truly immersive environment. There is variety within the areas you travel in-game to the point where you actually hear it. It is catchy as hell, loops, and best of all, it doesn't get annoying.

Gameplay:
    Very good mechanics and responsive gameplay make controlling the player avatar efficient. It can be fast or slow paced depending on your style which makes this a deeper game than I originally thought. It is strategy meets reflexes and stealth. Do you like sneak around with melee weapons to avoid alarms as in splinter cell? Do you like the badass loose cannon that gets **** done by rushing in guns blazing? This game can satisfy your need for planning what you will do next as well as the need to shoot everything. However, the in-between in lacking. By that, I mean you will always do one or the other. You may plan as much as you want, but the rooms will always loop. The enemies in the rooms have a plan to follow [code]. They will patrol what they are programmed to patrol until you give them reason to attack you. This is fine, but feels as if the situations become very similar. Weapon choice is also limited with either a selection of [ranged] guns or [melee] weapons. You may also perform executions which, while a nice touch and nice way to make sure you got the kill, does not add or subtract from the overall gameplay. There are also [stat/effect] modifiers in the form of various masks your character may use while playing through the story, such as the ability to add lethality to opening a door, or increased walking speed.

Overall: 8.7
    Hell of a good game. Difficult enough to keep you interested and playing with good tunes to listen to. You will be mad after a getting killed a few times, but you have to realize that is part of the game. Error is met with a restart of your last checkpoint, so it is somewhat forgiving. Great Indie game, would recommend.
  5. Jun 14, 2014
    Hotline Miami is a very difficult very bloody game. It requires you to think outside the box to kill all of your enemies without getting killed yourself. This game has no mercy since you die in one hit with anything which leads you to the trial and error technique. The enemies also die in one hit for the most part but eventually they will bring in guys who take a lot more hits to drop. Although the enemies are tough the AI seems a little oblivious to your presence since the enemies are usually unaware of you until you get real close. This is probably for the best since if they could hear and see you from a distance it would pretty much render the game impossible. The graphics are stylish and interesting besides the enemy faces and has an outstanding soundtrack. Over all this is a pretty well made game and you should definitely try it. Expand
  6. Jun 10, 2014
    Exigente pero visual y conceptualmente interesante juego que nos retrotrae a cuando probamos por primera vez el GTA1. Sin duda uno de los juegos indies de 2012 y una fantástica compra.
  7. May 29, 2014
    I don't think even a little bit before i've played this game that massacre can be really funny and enjoyable. You don't afraid to die and this is the whole game's idea.
    Not a brilliant story, no good graphics(maybe this made the game original) but really amazing soundtracks with tasty game play. You need to give a try.
  8. May 6, 2014
    Относительно недавно я "подсел" на инди-игрушки, и первой игрой, по совету моих друзей, из этого жанра стала именно Hotline Miami. Я уже с детства любил электронную музыку и стиль "retro wave", именно это и послужило поводом сыграть в эту игру.
    В первую очередь, что бросилось мне в глаза - это 16-32 битная графика и яркие цвета, которые придают свое настроение и навеивают дух 80-ых.
    Немалую роль для атмосферы здесь сыграл и саундтрек, который написали небезызвестные Pertrurbator и Scattle (об остальных я узнал именно благодаря игре, и за это разработчикам отдельное спасибо)
    Сюжет у игры есть, но лично он мне показался немного несвзяным, либо просто дело во мне. Честного говоря,я даже не знаю.
    Так же, на что меня подтолкнула эта игра - это на просмотр фильма "Драйв", и он мне понравился не меньше "Hotline Miami"
    Хочу выразить просто ОГРОМНУЮ благодарность Джонатану Сёдерстрёму и Деннису Уэдину, а так же Pertrurbator, M|O|O|N, Scattle, Sun Arraw, Coconuts, Jasper Byrne, El Huervo, Eirik Suhrke, Elliott Berlin. Я просто с нетерпением жду новую часть, и мне кажется, она выйдет не менее удачней, чем первая часть. Лишь для завершения процитирую известного блогера русской игровой комьюнити "10 из 10, госпаде! 10 из 10!":)
    Мое первое ревью на подобного рода сайте, прошу строго не пинать ^_^
  9. Apr 29, 2014
    An amazing indie game made by peoples who have a lot of talent. But, what an experience...
    In this game, we as a player kill a lot, I is done in an incredible 8-bit style and a great catchy soundtrack, make the game a superb and fun every instant we play it.
    A must play for players looking with no real purpose the killing, but rewarded in the fun and addicting in gameplay.

I give this
    game an 8.5/10 for its retro era visuals and fun but simple gameplay. Expand
  10. Apr 9, 2014
    Hotline Miami is a poor game that suffers from a long drag of trial and error approach. This game presents itself as a gritty, top down, action arcade game, but the game forces players to play exactly the way the game was supposed to be designed and leaves no room for spontaneity, experimentation or replay value.

It's only a matter of minutes before you understand the A.I. pathways and
    exploit it to reach the objective. Every level is exactly the same with no variation.

The story is juvenile at best. The music is mundane. And the trippy art style that constantly flashes colors at you and swerves the screen is literally sickening.

So much for a game made using 'Game Maker'... *sigh*
  11. Apr 6, 2014
    Al principio parece que es un juego Indie cualquiera, pero a unos 15 minutos te vas dando cuenta que es Lo máximo.
    Tiene una buena trama y excelente historia, jamás me había divertido tanto con un juego como este.

Y del soundtrack ni hablar es el mejor que he escuchado en harto tiempo, tiene una musica demasiado excelente que se adapta a cada misión haciendo sentir cada nivel y matanza
    como si fueras tu el que asesinaras .

Si te adaptas a la historia vas a sumiendo la vida del personaje, como entra a la locura y como piensa en matar, poco a poco la dificultad se aumenta, tienes que pensar mucho más para pasar un nivel, para tener un excelente combo alto y mejorar tu puntuación.

Lo que más me sorprendió al final fue que me entere que tan solo 2 personas desarrollaron esta maravilla de juego, y solo con eso se puede ver que su trabajo valió la pena.

Sinceramente este juego lo recomiendo al 100 % y su calificación es de 100/100

At first it seems that either is an Indie game, but about 15 minutes you begin to realize that it's the maximum.
    It has a good plot and great story, I had never had so much fun with a game like this.

And not to mention the soundtrack is the best I've heard in sick time, he has too great music that fits each mission by killing each level and feel like you're the one who will murder.

If you adapt the story're plunging the character's life, as hard to madness and how you plan to kill slowly the difficulty increases, you have to think much to pass a level, to have an excellent high combo and improve your score.

What surprised me was that at the end I found out that only 2 people developed this wonderful game, and that alone can see his work paid off.

I honestly recommend this game 100% and its rating is 10/10
  12. Mar 18, 2014
    Mad game, I love it. The animals masks, bloody idea. The characters are psychos. The dialogues at the start: "I'm here to show you how to kill people". I recommend this game. It feels dangerous and It's completely insane.
  13. Mar 11, 2014
    It's got the Kill Bill style bloody weaponised mass murder expertly merged with the very up close, personal, drug-fueled ultra violence from A Clockwork Orange.
  14. Mar 6, 2014
    One of the best games I've every played, be it indie or not. Breathtaking soundtrack, amazing level design, mind-f*ing story line (still not sure if I've understood it).

I hope they can create a couple more leves of this. I would be eager to buy it.
  15. Feb 24, 2014
    For a rich game company the graphics was so bad i thought it was pong. The gameplay sucks as bricks bounce about 4 times and nail people in the ass. Such a bad gamee, 10/10. Im going to go now because this game made me want to chop my big hairy willy off and eat my ball sacks.
  16. Feb 20, 2014
    This thing hit all the right spots. It's retro and it's new, it's challenging and it's fun, it's serious and it's not, it's linear and it's subversive, it's atmospheric to the point of mysticism and it's actually crude reality. All the elements of the game from the graphics to the music to the plot to the gameplay mix together so well it's, pardon the pun, criminal. Plus, for an indie 2d game this has some shockingly realistic combat mechanics! Think about it: this is exactly what would happen if you burst into a building full of mafia thugs.

...minus the retry button.
  17. Feb 17, 2014
    I had this game gifted to me on Steam and I thought it would keep me amused for a while, it didn't though it's the most overrated game I have played in a while.

The graphics style and music are good but it stops there.

At first glance looking at the steam page you might think this is an action game like Smash TV or Zombie Shooter, it's nowhere near as good as those and nowhere near
    as much fun, you basically have limited ways to kill the enemy who rush and one hit kill you all the time.

The aim of the game is to die non stop and keep trying until you win and feel rewarded - just a shame the devs and all the fanboys forgot that games are supposed to be fun to play.

In short - an overhyped game with a high difficulty to hide a shallow game underneath.
  18. Feb 11, 2014
    Worth playing. Very entertaining. Amaaazing music. For an indie game is a big ten, no doubt. The gameplay it's very addictive. It also has a catchy storyline I would say. Hoping for more games of these guys!!
  19. Feb 8, 2014
    Many of my reviews are just for jokes and fun, but I want to be serious with this. This game is amazing. Simply stunning. The music, art and game play all combine and what it produces is spectacular. The story is very deep, and may require several breakthroughs to fully understand.

Phenomenal, Ten out of Ten. Utterly amazing, this is a must buy.
  20. Jan 31, 2014
    Probably the best game I have ever played! As of writing this review, this is the only game I would give 10/10 to. PROS: +The controls are tight and well flowing. +The story is interesting, and makes you think more than you would expect an arcade style game to make you. +The soundtrack is one of the best I have ever heard! +It is so satisfying for even the most simple of kills - not to mention how amazing it feels when you finally beat a level.
    +It is very difficult, which normally annoys me a tad-bit, but this game adds re-playability through it's extreme difficulty.
    +The simple graphics make it easy to continue through the game; what I mean is the kills make you cringe in the 2D style - imagine if it was 3D and realistic! Yuck!
    CONS:
    -I don't know, maybe you don't like the colors?
  21. Jan 27, 2014
    This game is so frustrating and empty. It's beyond me that it got such a high score.

- To begin with, Hotline Miami has no customization beyond ''masks'' that give special abilities, no cinematics and no story whatsoever. I know it's not a 60$ game but it looks cooler than it is.

- Devoid of a godmode, the game requires to start over a zillion times. It sucks. There is no
    justification to this.

- Excluding the restart annoyance, the game is very short.

Really beyond cool sounds and soundtrack, you will not find much in this one.
  22. Jan 22, 2014
    This harsh gritty top down arcade style shoot'em up, is one of the greatest indie games ever made. Everything in this game is flawless, the art, the music, the controls, and the story. Let's start with the art style, the game has an interesting mix of retro pixel art mixed with some bright colors and trippy visuals later on in the game. The its hard not to keep looking at the screen because the art just has you so mystified. Next is the music. The music is so wonderful, its a mix of 8-bit old school video game style music, with techno and its so dark and catchy. The music matches the game perfectly. Third the controls. Not much to say, easy, simple , fluid. But most importantly fun, they get really fun really fast. The fast pace of the game perfectly match the fast controls, and easy learning curve but longer mastery curve. Last the story. The plot is given in bits and pieces, and very cryptic. But when its all over all the pieces come together and you loose your mind. You really feel like YOU the player just witnessed some one loose their mind. Everything about this game adds not only great replayability value its so much fun for under ten dollars (even cheaper if you wait for a sale on steam). All in all this is a great game. Expand
  23. Jan 21, 2014
    Let me break it all to you guys, this game is for those who enjoy: 1) GTA I & II, 2) Psychodelic/Progressive Music, 3) Arcade rush, 4) Arcade Graphics

Pure 80's/90's awesome.
  24. Jan 17, 2014
    Hotline Miami is the type of game that you sit down, play, and figure out three hours later that you are still playing it. The game's replay-ability, story, and fantastic gameplay are wonderful to experience, but the reason Hotline Miami deserves a ten instead of a nine is the music. The soundtrack alone gets a ten.
  25. Jan 16, 2014
    A gaming masterpiece.

I picked this bad boy up on Steam yesterday for $2.49 but even at its full price of $10 I wouldn't have been disappointed. A brutally tough and gory retro romp through a psychedelic 80's Miami. What's not to love?

The audio is sensational. The various weapons and sound effects are crisp and as for the musical score? It's available as a standalone purchase if
    that's any indication of the quality ;)

The graphical style is a tip-of-the-hat to yesteryear gaming - there's even a pixelated NES hooked up in the protagonist's, bedroom. When you consider this game was developed by a team of two men and the finished product we have is a refresh of an old game concept put on a 'maybe pile,' any commenters that suggest this game is merely a 'hipster' money grab have made their opinion null and void.

Gameplay wise, I couldn't help but be reminded of True Lies for the SNES, but the unforgiving enemies and one-hit (for the most part) kills have a Smash TV vibe to them. But this game is unique. You can approach a stage a number of ways, by perhaps either stealthily knifing everyone as their back is turned, or trying to funnel enemies through a choke point with 6 shotgun rounds at the ready. In later levels you'll need every trick in the book to make through alive.

In summary, if you like a challenge and some good old fashioned violence, buy this game!
  26. Jwv
    Jan 9, 2014
    Hotline Miami's simplistic graphics and concept feels refreshing in a time where a lot of releases focus on complex game mechanics and life-like graphics. Simple but one of the most addictive games I ever played. I also liked the myriad of approaches to each level, especially with the masks, that makes for a high replay factor. A confusing and open storyline, but that just let's you focus on the nutty gameplay more. Utterly fun. Expand
  27. Dec 28, 2013
    Don't listen to the idiots around here saying b*llsh*t about hotline miami..IT IS A GEM!!!Story and mood wise!U need an Xbox360 controller for sure,but it is worth your time...Violent,psycho,atmospheric plus a SUPER soundtrack!What else u want from an indie game 18+?It's on sale now!GO 'N' GET IT!!!
  28. Dec 27, 2013
    Excellent indie game with unforgiving yet still satisfyingly fun game mechanics and a surprisingly good soundtrack. A friend of mine compared it to a Tarantino film, which is a worthy assessment.
  29. Dec 25, 2013
    Atmosphere, gameplay mechanics, difficulty, artistic concept, psychedelic experience, awesome music etc. makes Hotline Miami a really good game. Totally worth playing, but beware of some bugs and a lot of unreasonable things happening.
  30. Dec 21, 2013
    not sure whats wrong with the negative opinions, the game is responsive and fast peaced, if you pllayed for about 5 minutes and broke your keyboard out of frustration you're doing it wrong. Yes the game might seem 'hard' at first since you can die easily but once you play a bit and figure that you can actually take out 2 guys with guns with a mele weapon just by being quick and when you score your 4+ combo for the first time I think that you will enjoy it much better.

About the repetitiveness if you measure it by the fact that you're doing the same thing than yeah 90% of the games are repetitive. Enemies doesnt always spawn the same way, sometimes they open doors and check other areas sometime they dont.

The graphics are as they are, like 90s games were, you can clearly tell that by the screenshots so you're aware of what you're buying. You might like it or not, its relative thing. If you played better 'flash games' list them I'm curious about that.
  31. Dec 8, 2013
    Pros: -Simple and challenging gameplay -The challenge isn't frustrating as much as it is motivating -Good soundtrack -Lot of sprite on sprite violence. Cons: -Gameplay is rather repetitive -Story kind of fizzles out and the end is just thrown in last minute. -7 hours long...or less if youre better at video games than me Conclusion: While gameplay is repetitive it never really feels repetitive. The challenge always keeps it interesting even though you're basically doing the same thing (killing everybody in the room) every level. If you enjoy older style of games like asteroid, pacman, and space invaders where it's the same thing every level but just on a different map or with slight tweaks then you'll love this. For some reason it reminds me of the movie "Drive" with Ryan Gosling. Expand
  32. Dec 1, 2013
    Old-school game mechanics. Engrossing, well-written storyline. Awesome soundtrack and 80s ambientation. The greatest surprise of 2012, there's nothing to dislike in this game.
  33. Nov 19, 2013
    this is isnt about the damn grapichs story or characters....
    one of the best things in this game is the soundtrack...but i really loved this cause of the fact that you die as easly as your enemies...
    all the 8-16 kids are about the "ugly" grapichs..this is a retro game..it isnt for "hipsters" its a game for "veteran" games..who worent born with fancy grapichs...i have ppl who only like
    games for theyr grapichs..
    im 14..but i accept and like many many games..i started playing game from when i was 6 and at the age or 10-11 i finally discovered that games arent about grapichs...
    of couse if the grapichs are really bad (for that year) and it isnt an indie or an retro game as this is it usualy means that the hole game wont be the best..
    i loved this game..some ppl just nead to realize that games arent only about grapichs
  34. Nov 18, 2013
    I think this game made it to my top 10 its fast paced action old school graphics and has nice music. The theme of the game is also very good along with the 80s setting
  35. Nov 11, 2013
    Fenomenal experience. it is such an incredible game which you will need to play in order to see how incredible it really is. The soundtracks and the storyline completely mesmerize me into a virtual reality.
  36. Nov 10, 2013
    This game is one of the best games I have ever picked up on Steam! It is extremely addictive and the soundtrack is brilliant! The only bad thing about this game is that the storyline is very weak.
  37. Nov 7, 2013
    It's a game that does exactly what it looks like. Makes you rage, and gives you violence. It's cool seeing the retro looking graphics with the rooster-headed, pipe-wielding crazy man. The story could use a bit of work, and the game is horribly punishing, but otherwise I would say it's definitely worth the investment.
  38. Nov 7, 2013
    Hotline Miami is an excellent game, up there in the best games I've played this year. Challenging, lightning-paced action abound as you make your way through apartments, nightclubs and other mobster hideouts, brutally murdering every living thing in your path.

The controls, gameplay and frame rate are incredibly fluid, lending you total control and further enhancing the furiously fast
    action. You play from a bird's eye angle so you always have an idea of what's going on and how to quickly deal with any problems, yet also allows you to witness the full glory of your rampage.

There's a great scoring system in place too which encourages players to be creative in their bloody massacres, and there's plenty of A+ grades, weapons and unique, ability-boosting masks to go after.

The game oozes style, with a truly phenomenal soundtrack (if you don't get this game, listen to the soundtrack alone!), and it perfectly captures that idiosyncratic atmosphere of 80s Miami, drenched in neon and blood. It certainly doesn't hold back, either; you'll be regularly blowing limbs off with shotguns, bashing skulls to a pulp with baseball bats and iron bars, hacking people to bits with machetes, and a lot worse, so make sure you have a strong stomach.

The only real flaw I can mention is the very out-of-place stealth section; it greatly damages the momentum and is poorly designed.

Otherwise, the game is superb, totally worth its price, and I strongly recommend it to anyone who loves their action.
  39. Nov 7, 2013
    Hotline gives you a different game-play style. I wish there was a CO-OP mode also, but it is still perfect game in Singleplayer. You can not compare Hotline Miami with any other game. It is unique in these days i think. It brings some good memories from "old days". And you never get bored, but sometimes, you just feel that, missions repeat themselves. Still a good game.
  40. Nov 5, 2013
    Finally, we have an indie game that gets it. I can't say I'm surprised some people hate this game, and I thought I was going to hate it too, but I actually like it. It's got a methodical pace that you wouldn't expect from a "top-down shooter" as some "remarkably gifted" reviewer claimed it was. Also, awesome soundtrack.
  41. Nov 2, 2013
    An amazing game, if you like grand theft auto or man hunt you will like this game, if you dont like gta or manhunt YOU WILL STILL LIKE THIS GAME. ultra violent and retro.
  42. Nov 1, 2013
    Its simple and fun and definitely on my list for Indie game of the year. It just feels like an 80's exploitation film, and reminds me of a lot of crime films from the time. Its easy to get addicted in its clever gameplay and you'll never get tired of cracking a dude over the head with a baseball bat, or finding other gruesome ways to kill your opponents.
  43. Oct 26, 2013
    This game is just fun. I don't dig this retro craze as much as most people, but don't get me wrong, this game is bags of fun. Killing people in stylish combo-ey manners hasn't been this frustrating, challenging but just so much adrenaline this game makes you feel like you're on a roller coaster ride. This music just adds so much flavour into this game. I cannot give it anymore high praise. Fun and not to mention reasonably priced Expand
  44. Oct 24, 2013
    I have to say, I haven't seen so many 10 ratings on a game since The Last of Us on the PS3!
    Yet there are so many negative reviews. I don't get it.

So here's the deal.... We have a top down shooter with NES style graphics, a high level of blood, gore, violence, and even some brief nudity (8-bit style!), and a stylized soundtrack of some low end "wub wub"... So what's not to love?!?

Well, I have to admit I was really enjoying the first few levels. I was dying pretty often at first, but that's part of the learning experience and there is no penalty or 3 lives per game business.

What I didn't like is the difficulty spike around level 5. It goes from only a couple enemies having weapons to EVERY enemy have fully automatic guns along with rabid dogs darting at you.
    So basically it plays like this... If a gun toting enemy sees you YOU ARE DEAD!

It quickly becomes a game of "Don't throw the (with apologies to Q•bert) controller at the TV!
    It's a bit like being sniped by someone you can't see over and over again.

Very frustrating IMO and I grew up playing, and in most cases, beating some of the harder classics such as Ninja Gaiden 1-3, Ghosts 'N Goblins, & Battletoads.

Had they oven the player a fraction of a second to see and respond to an enemy it would have helped. O even a lesser difficulty option, but no, it plays like its on Maniac mode all the time.

Perhaps the developer can add a slightly easier difficulty via an update. I've seen this happen before. I would definitely jump back in and play if they evened up the odds a bit.
  45. Oct 19, 2013
    Definitely one of the best games I have ever played. Once you get into it you will be hooked. Even if you are playing the same level over and over trying to complete it whilst swearing and smashing your desk at every failure, the thrill of beating the hardest levels will keep you playing. The soundtrack is also fantastic, you will spend hours in a pumped up Hot Line Miami trance. A must have game!
  46. Oct 18, 2013
    Surprisingly, it's a very good game. It's really tense and difficult sometimes, but I can appreciate that. Controls are nice and responsive for a game like that. Violence is off the cart, so if you're against that, you should stay away. But who can be against that?))
    I didn't finish it so I don't understand the storyline that good, it was really cryptic for the first half of the game. But
    the art style and overall experience was great. I highly recommend that game. Expand
  47. Oct 7, 2013
    This game is perfect, a flashback to the old times of gaming. Excellent controls, a certain need for strategy while playing, lovely graphics and catchy tunes. The plot is crazy but intriguing, and once you finish it you feel like playing again to get all the unlockables and secrets.
    If you like old school games this is a must.
  48. Sep 30, 2013
    First let me say this is one of those games that is exactly what is advertised, and executes it perfectly, so the only reason to play it and hate it is if you're braindead, read the description, watch the video and say wow I totally wont like this game but ill buy it anyway so that i can be a giant COQ. This is just one of those great games, the kind that aren't very long but makes you love every second you have with it. Don't let the retro graphics fool you, the game play is fast paced murder disco cocaine party! You may try to be all tactical on your fist run, but then you'll die a few times and just say, fuk this and charge in, which ends up working way better. Now its a punishing game where you die A LOT but the game restarts the floor for you before you have time to say OH COQ. I see way to many people trying to compare it to instead of just enjoying it for what it is. Expand
  49. Sep 25, 2013
    Hotline Miami gives what no other game can do, it has a perfect mix of strategy, stealth, and action, and it also has unique music and graphics, people may say it's hard but it makes the player strategize and make lots of different tactics on each stage.
  50. Sep 5, 2013
    Despite its minor technical issues regarding the engine, bugs, and glitches, the game manages to impress on all fronts. The action is engaging and loads of fun even when it gets slightly frustrating. The music is great and compliments the atmosphere perfectly. The various masks are also a nice addition.
  51. Sep 2, 2013
    I bought Hotline Miami on the Steam sale, tempted by good reviews. This game is just bad. Indie-retro-80`s style is only irritating( I`ve seen lesser pixels in HoMM 3). The controls reacts weird, and the game itself is ALL about killing. Maybe it has some plot, but it always follows the same template you are in your house, you pick up the phone, blah blah blah, you go to your car, loading, you arrive and kill everyone, you take something "important", you go back to the car, you buy something in the shop, you go back to your house, answer the call, blah blah blah, repeat. A lot of unnecessary violence isn`t fun either. The AI is completely unpredictable sometimes you shoot and nothing happens, second time everyone is running at you. Quick summation A LOT OF killing, next "retro" style, unsatisfying gameplay. Enemies can kill you, being "outside" the screen, so you can`t see them at all. And I`m not complaining because of the difficulty. SMB is harder, but more in a challenging way. One more thing the game is bugged some way and music doesn`t play (all other sounds do). This is irritating turned off after 20 minutes. Don`t buy it. Expand
  52. Sep 1, 2013
    I like retro games, but didn't like this particular one. You always die. Always. Any hit on you and you die. But the game is fast, so you replay every single mission for 50 times. 30 seconds and you're dead, and all over and over again. Completed 2 chapters and didn't like it at all.

Music is quite annoying. Played on the gamepad and didn't like controls (aiming) also.

The game is
    quite cheap, but don't worth it anyway. Expand
  53. Aug 24, 2013
    A strange title, but definitely worth checking out. The gameplay is intense, involving a lot of trial and error. The graphics really are from the 80's, just like the setting of the game, though. But what surprised me the most is the story. There is a surprisingly deep story, considering we're talking about Hotline Miami. A lot of things change over the chapters, all driven by the story. But I think that the addictive gameplay is what hooks people the most.
    The game doesn't know the definition of the word 'mercy', and you will be driven to play. But it's so goddamn hard sometimes! Congratulations to the developers for creating such a game.
  54. Aug 24, 2013
    A really silly game. Which also has bad graphics. Which also has really warped humor. Which is also kind of mediocre and very much 1987 in terms of design. Give this a miss probably unless you really like this style.

THE GROT REVIEW CRITERIA: After a long time writing reviews like an anus, think its time to set a few bad habits straight: Stop insulting designers. Show some respect for
    the design process and getting games in circulation. Hence (1) No Red scores. (2) Game scores as follows: Bad Game 5/10. Poor Game 6/10. Mediocre Game: 7/10. Good Game 8/10. Great game 9/10. Stella Game 10/10. To get 10/10 it must be a game that can be (theoretically) play-able for 1000+ hours. Not only great but near endless fun. Games may be bad or poor but making them should earn respect. Thus even the worst POS will still be a 5/10. 0/10 no longer exists in my vocabulary. Yellow is the new red. For the sake of accountability: you can reply if needed: Orctowngrot: Tim Rawlins: timtimjp@yahoo.com Expand
  55. Aug 21, 2013
    A Subversive, disturbing, addictive game and packaged with an unrivaled soundtrack that produces a not-entirely-stable altered state in my brain. It's 180 proof distillation of 80's Miami Vice nostalgia, pseudo 12bit gaming, gore-a-fied violence, and corset tight gameplay combined with neurosis inducing difficulty.

It also digs into the narrative and psychology of wearing masks (do you
    wear the mask, or does it wear you?) and on whether questions need to be answered to provide a compelling story.

And the music? My god. From wild spaced out country-influenced-dub, to psychotic driving electro and exposed-nerve disco. The music will be slithering around in your brain long after your eyes lose their bloodshot state you gained from playing the game.

Even in a year with some incredible releases like Mass Effect 3 and Walking Dead, this is my Game of the Year for 2012.

...It makes me want to buy a mask.
  56. Aug 19, 2013
    Awesome game, amazing soundtrack. Fast paced, very challenging, will have you trying to beat the same level 20 times.

Only one complaint. It crashes, a lot. I'm on Windows 8 and certain levels crash almost every time. Seems like when too much is going on, the game will crash. This has made it very hard for me to get through the game.
  57. Aug 14, 2013
    This is probably the bloodiest and violent games I've ever played. You wouldn't think that working your way through a stage and getting it all wiped because of one bullet would be so fun. You're forced to play fast-paced and almost thoughtlessly if you want to get a good score at the end of the chapter.

You'll find yourself pressing 'R' to restart more than any other button and you'll
    find yourself doing the same thing on a chapter over and over again until you eventually do it. But somehow whether it be the psychadelic soundtrack or the flashing background this game is still amazingly fun and replayable. Expand
  58. Aug 9, 2013
    Addictive, bloody and fast-paced action. Cool retro design. A clever and engaging story. And a great soundtrack on top of it all. An awesome gaming experience that doesn't require a top-notch PC to play it. My only complaint is that it felt a bit short.
  59. Aug 6, 2013
    With a really good story and a dark environment, Hotline Miami is a very fast pace, top down shooter. With old school 16-bit graphics it looks awesome, the music is very unique and different for each level. There is not much I can say about this game because there are so many spoilers so I will leave you with some advice, PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!!!!
  60. Aug 4, 2013
    Imagine the neon saturated visual stylings of the film "Enter the Void" with the violence of the film "Drive" with one of the best heavy, synth-driven soundtracks ever you have Hotline Miami. Seriously, how could you not like this game??? Even the most die hard black metal or folk listeners should be able to get into this!!! And if you don't like video games then you damn well should (for this game)! Expand
  61. Aug 2, 2013
    Unique perspective and approach to the classical style of retro-walkie shooter. However, the gameplay comes down to your reaction skill run and slash that's all there is in this game. Found it really boring and frustrating after one hour of playing. Waste of money.
  62. Jul 30, 2013
    Smash people with various tools to create a mighty retro violent rampage and sing along with the lovely tunes of this game. Available now for Sega Dreamcast.
  63. Jul 28, 2013
    Amazing indie game, the people who are giving it 0s and 1s out of spite are hipsters and angsty teens who are trying to be relevant for once in their lives. Don't let idiots cloud your vision, this is a must-get!
  64. Jul 23, 2013
    Gameplay is fun... for about 30 minutes. At that point it starts to become incredibly repetitive. I was glad that it was over after 3-4 hours, as the gameplay couldn't even support that much. It's also as eye-straining as it is ugly. It may be that way by design, but that doesn't make it any more appealing.

Bottom line: There are plenty of great indie games out there. This isn't one of them.
  65. Jul 23, 2013
    The game play is sub par at best. The controls are awful, the hit boxes odd and the NPCs have a penchant to sometimes be dead eyes and sometimes have worse aim than a storm trooper. This is besides the point of the horrible semi moving screen that makes anyone who thinks this game is skill based sadly mistaken. The point is this game just doesn't click on any levels. It isn't a fun top down, it isn't a fun shooter and it makes little sense at all. Overall I have honestly played better quality flash game. I understand the concept of retro but polish your retro up. This game just fails on so many levels it makes me want to cry. Expand
  66. AWG
    Jul 19, 2013
    Hotline Miami starts from a good point but it fails to deliver a continuosly interesting game experience. It's not like you're playing BIT.TRIP RUNNER (i.e. you die 45 times in a row, spend one hour on one, single level, finally beat it and feel like a God): here you die 45 times in a row, spend one hour on one, single map, finally beat it and you feel like an idiot for wasting so much time of your life. I guess it's just a matter of atmosphere; they wanted them to be stylish and witty but in the end they're pretty plain. Expand
  67. Jul 19, 2013
    Awesome Indie game!
    I loved the theme and story of this game, they were really well done. They could not have done any better at creating an old school/retro feel to the game.
    The gameplay/combat is basically "trial and error." It can be challenging at first, because it is extremely unique, but it grows on you.
    This has become my go-to game when I don't have a lot of time but need to be
    violent for a few minutes.
    I want so badly to give this game a 10/10. But at a base price of 10 bucks, I have to chop a point off for lack of content vs. price.
  68. Jul 13, 2013
    I know this isn't the best game in the history. it's far from it. BUT, it brings to me wonderful memories from great games from the past, that made my childhood awesome, like NES Mission: Impossible, and PC GTA 2. Now, about the game itself, i'ts awesome, it's hard, and it's beatiful. It has minor cons, but we have to evalute him like the way the creators made it. Is not for everyone, the game it's basically about dying a lot, but learning a lot too. Juego increíble, gracias por traer mis mejores recuerdos de infancia de vuelta. Expand
  69. Jul 13, 2013
    It was an enjoyable experience. It mixes together your quick reactions and your strategic thinking to complete a level. It punishes you on a single mistake however and I truly liked that aspect of this game. Overall, I think it was a great game but I found it to be quite short but definitely worth the price of 10 bucks.
  70. Jul 12, 2013
    Although this would be considered a niche title by many, you should still at least take a look at Hotline Miami. It's a top down tactical action game with emphasis on quick, well thought out moves and precise timing. The game does encourage a trial-and-error style of play, however, as death results in you simply restarting the floor you are on, instead of a mission failed screen or a repeat of the entire chapter. If you enjoy brutal, fast paced action, then you should definitely check this one out.

If you're a fan of the 80's or retro gaming, you may be able to appreciate this game's art style as well. Thumping bass beats coupled with a "modern" take on the pixellated graphics of yore make for a very unique experience. The dark atmosphere of the game world and its characters emphasize a focus on the killing and the wonderful, sadistic rush you get from destroying a floor full of people with a crowbar.

Hotline Miami isn't for everyone, that much is true. Not everyone will like the style of gameplay or its art style. However, don't let other people influence you right away. Hotline Miami is definitely something you need to judge for yourself. You may be surprised about how much fun you have.
  71. Jul 6, 2013
    Rarely has a game completely captivated me only once or twice is a gamer captivated and blown away by what is in essence an awesome game that makes you realize why you play video games at all. The first ever video game to captivate me and instantly make me smile was outrun on the master system then grand theft auto on the ps one baldurs gate on the pc and now hotline miami is ranked among them. I believe a 10 out of 10 game is original and instantly captivating and hotline miami does this graphically its fun and retro and makes sense to why it is done in this way, the story strange weird and surreal and edgy artistically done, the music simply best music ever in a video game quite possibly. Hotline miami is a game if you were born in the 80s and can remember robocop vs terminator for its sheer awesomeness this game has that is abundance. Hotline miami exhumes aura soul and personality in a simple way its all about quality outrun has it gta has it and hotline miami has it without doubt the best game iv played in the past couple of years and thats saying alot rarely can you call a game timeless a game where in 10 years time i know i will still play and have that strange complete satisfaction. Expand
  72. Jul 4, 2013
    Este juego me ha encantado. Me lo pasé en casa de un amigo y luego me lo compré para tenerlo siempre. Es increíble que un juego tan "simple" me haya gustado tantisimo. La música es un 10. Y no le pongo un 10 porque el juego no es infinito. Algun pequeño bug en la inteligencia de los enemigos, pero nada importante para mi. Ha llegado a acelerarme el corazón hasya casi salirse por la boca. Gracias! Os lo habéis currado mucho! Expand
  73. Jul 1, 2013
    Ignore any reviewer who complains about the graphics, or mentions the word 'hipster' they will have nothing meaningful to say.

Sorry, but had to start with that. Yes, you're not buying a graphical pushing game, there are plenty of flash games with 'better' graphics, but this was the style they wanted and it fits the music and whole theme...It won't win awards, but as has been said
    playing a game for it's graphics is like watching porn for the plot.

It can be tough, but I guarantee 75% of the deaths you suffer will be your fault...and you'll learn from them. You'll plan your run, then panic lob a shotgun at someone and sprint round a corner into a dog or forget the glass for the 100th time. You could probably complete all the levels in an afternoon but if you can pick it up for around $5 that's cheaper then a lot of evenings entertainment. And you will be entertained.

It's a good game, and the 'plot' that is there and unfolds is just enough and just little enough to make you question things...you'll WANT to play more, to finish that level to see the next one....and the soundtrack to it is perfectly matched.

Only a few gripes it's a little short, and to some extent limited replay value. I doubt I'd replay it for a while but I can see myself coming back in a year or 2. Some of the boss fights are just a little annoying, the biker has been mentioned by others, but really you'll get it in the end just the dialog every-time was needless

I'd say it's more 8.5 but having to go one way or the other on the simple fact that it's a fun solid cheap game with a well played story and a great soundtrack it more then deserves the 9
  74. Jun 25, 2013
    Great fun to play
    Great Music
    Lots of replay value
    Lots to explore in the "liner" levels
    Retro Graphics Fit straight in

Story very confusing
    Can easily frustrate people
  75. Jun 25, 2013
    Bizarre, fast paced, and gory in the best way possible. A little annoyingly difficult at moments but that's not neccessarily a bad thing. A very good game, not the best ever, but very good.
  76. Jun 21, 2013
    I felt like I was playing NeoGeo... controls were perfect... it just had this real arcade feel to it. I dig it. There are a lot of negative reviews that piss me off... learn how to play the game before you diss it. There's some serious strategy here and the fun factor and replay value is high. The colors, the music, the way it feels, can't be ufcked with.

Three top games in the last
    however many years: Shadow Complex, Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac, and Hotline Miami.

Werd to your moms.
  77. Jun 20, 2013
    I can not understand the general enthusiasm about this game. This is not an innovative indie title, but a rude, ugly and violent trial-and-error fest.
  78. Jun 20, 2013
    Pretty great game. You can tell its indie though. The soundtrack is fantastic. The art style and animations are great. The story was pretty cool, weird and novel. The gameplay is kind of niche: you will have to play the same level many times often until you finish it. So, the game involves memorization. The repeated play has some issues, because there's some levels that have "new" game mechanics that are sometimes not obvious to figure out, resulting in a lot of play throughs up to this one point until you figure it out (I think they should have offered gameplay tips at these obstacles). Some combat bugs, such as doors getting in the way of bullets oddly, which can become very frustrating, and the hit detection sometimes being odd. Expand
  79. Jun 16, 2013
    Hotline Miami is a brutal top-down shooter where you're instructed to kill a whole bunch of people and you really don't know why. The game is incredibly unsettling, between the genocide, the creepy music, the graphics that look like a terrible VHS recording, the terrible sense of increasing loneliness and desperation, and the sense that maybe all of it isn't real, even by the game's standards.

The gameplay is tough. The action is frantic, since one shot kills you and enemies move quickly, yet requires a lot of planning as you decide how to take on heavily-guarded buildings. The harder battles are ridiculously difficult. The sound is creepy and very fitting. The graphics are simple 2D, but the aesthetic is also unsettling. The controls are tough to get used to, but ultimately work most of the time. The story's somewhat minimal, but the story that is there is very interesting.

I think this game is worth the $10 purchase, and if this looks interesting to you, I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you enjoy it, there's a lot of replayability here too. Definitely get it if it's on sale. The soundtrack is very good, but it's not exactly feel-good music. Either way, consider picking up the soundtrack too.
  80. Jun 12, 2013
    Anyone who gave this a negative review obviously doesn't get the game. It's supposed to have graphics, it has an amazing soundtrack (which made me less angry after 1000 deaths), and the scoring system makes replay-ability an option. I got this in a humble bundle, so I can't complain about the price.

You will die in the blink of an eye if you're not careful, but it brings back memories
    of older games where trial and error was part of the fun. You can master levels, because nothing changes and I think that's a great feature.

Buy it and you won't be disappointed. If you're a graphics lover, stay away and go play big development on your colossal gaming rig.
  81. Jun 10, 2013
    Yes it's indie, yes the grains suck, and yes it's a great game. It seems most people are bashing it solely on its graphics and indieness, but that's shallow. This is a very good game with a little bit of stealth, action, and tactics.
  82. Jun 5, 2013
    I get it. The style of this game really delivers with what it set out to be. An 80's gruesome bloody shlock. It does just that though, then just stops. After half an hour I felt I had saw everything Hotline Miami had to show. Which is really a shame.

I would recommend it, as what it does provide is quite enjoyable and unique. Shame it doesn't delve deeper.
  83. May 30, 2013
    I was expecting that Hotline Miami wouldn't be that good, but I tried it because of good critics and many people who suggested me to play. Pros: Idea Story: I found the whole idea not so unique, but there are some new elements. The story line is nice and it's gets better after a while. Cons: Graphics: The perspective and the graphics remind me of GTA, the one published back in 1997 and even that one had better graphics. We live in 2013, I don't see any point, why developers can't make proper 2013 graphics.
    Music: Boring music after some point, especially if you get stuck in one level.
    Gameplay: I found the gameplay weird and it doesn't really suits me. Weird movement and bad weapons design.
    AI: AI is totally random and it's really bad. Enemies can see their foes bodies and they don't react, but they can hear me killing someone with a knife 2 rooms away.

The game itself has some unique ideas, have some potential. Well if it had some 2013 graphics this would be far more better.
  84. May 29, 2013
    An excellent little indie game with an astonishingly good soundtrack, interesting plot, and great game play. I couldn't stop playing until I completed it, which took me about 3 hours, but for only a few dollars this is entirely worth the short play time.
  85. May 29, 2013
    Hotline Miami is a top-down fast paced action shooter with an excellent story and alternative 80's artstyle. I won't spoil too much but as you progress the story you unlock masks, which give you special abilities. You start out with a rooster mask that does nothing, but eventually you work your way up to masks that let you move faster or start with a knife. I can understand why some people call it repetitive but it's only repetitive if you make it. There are tons of masks, weapons and different tactics to try out.

Overall, an utterly amazing game. The screenshots and previews simply don't do it justice, I implore you to buy it.
  86. May 17, 2013
    Game is awesome soundtrack is awesome price is awesome graphics are correct. This game is just awesome.
    Runs on Windows, Mac and Linux (Linux port is planned for may, so in max 10 days we have it). 10/10 nothing more to say.
  87. May 13, 2013
    This game is a 10 out of 10, because it´s giving you goosebumps with its soundtrack, gameplay, gore, design and story. It´s polished, it´s the personification of the 80´s. Ever wanted a real Miami game, a cold gory fascinating, rewarding game? Something perfect like this is rare. This is an important game of this generation. Watch Drive play Hotline Miami and maybe some GTA Vice City. There was a time people felt great, the 80´s. Best Movies, best music, beaches, it gives you such a nostalgic feeling even if you are not from the 80´s. It´s incredible. No bugs, perfect, challenging gameplay, addiction to the soundtrack, Awesome and fair Level Design. This game is like Metro or Stalker. The atmosphere will grab you and you will never forget this game! BUY IT! BUY IT NOW! Expand
  88. May 13, 2013
    This is not a game for everybody. If you're really into story, this is not your game. If you don't like your reflexes to be challenged, this is not your game. If you need a game a $10 game to have tons of content, this is not your game. However, if you don't need a game to have a real story, if you love to be challenged to beat and even complete games, and if you love fast, twitchy gameplay, then this is most definitely your game. I'm one of those people, and this is one of my favorite games in years. This game knows it's intended audience, and if you're part of that group then you'll have a blast with this treat of a game. Expand
  89. May 7, 2013
    Hotline Miami is definitely one of the most unique and fascinatingly brutal games to come out in a while. It lures you in under the guise of a retro experience, but once it has you in its long, greasy, blood-stained hands it will keep you there until the credits roll. Its nonstop, run-and-gun game play keeps the player invested and open to trying new ways to complete each of the game's extremely challenging levels. The visual style is fantastic, presenting itself in a dirty VHS tape, late 80s vibe that is equal parts Scarface and Vice City. Also, the game is better played with a controller, as touchy mouse controls make aiming and fighting significantly harder in my opinion. Expand
  90. May 3, 2013
    “简单、直接、暴力、挑战”,因为语言问题无法了解故事情节,但并不影响这款游戏的独特体验。操作非常的简单,很快就能适应;杀与被杀都是直接了当,绝不拖泥带水;爆头,断肢,血浆一点也不少;被杀后只要按R键就可以从这个楼层从新开始,快速投入到令人血脉喷张的战斗中。游戏有丰富的武器和道具供你使用,高强度的电子乐,绝对刺激,绝对少儿不宜!
  91. Apr 26, 2013
    Hotline Miami has a unique, depressing, ominous atmosphere structured by trippy. dated visuals, and solid music. In saying that, the repetitive game play does begin to drag after a few chapters. Some frustrating bugs, on top of ridiculous boss levels that seem purposefully built to annoy, take the overall shine off of the game.
  92. Apr 4, 2013
    This game is one of the best indie games that I have played in a long time. I literally spent a whole day dedicated to this game. Its brutal, fun, and addicting, and that's all I need for a decent game.
  93. Mar 22, 2013
    Bought this game on sale for a few dollars. Wasn't really expecting much, but I had read some good things. Anyway...sooooooo much fun and very challenging. Love it.
  94. Mar 22, 2013
    This game has one of the most captivating story-lines of any game that I've played in a while, it has an amazing soundtrack and it's very re-playable.
  95. Mar 21, 2013
    Well, this game is nowhere near as hyped online, but it's still good for some good ol smashing. Visually, a retro look is becoming quite normal and is starting to get pretty old, but it's fitting for the plot. Learning the mouse is a pain at first, but after a while you get the hang of it. Enemies are ruthless, and I love the challenge. Trying again is as easy as hitting "r', so it's easy to keep going. Everyone kept hyping the music too. I didn't think it was much to sneeze at, but hey, that's how it goes. It wasn't thrilling, but it felt, once again, for the plot. Worth a shot, I'd say no more than $5 worth though. Expand
  96. Mar 20, 2013
    I found Hotline Miami to be a great game. The story was vague but you could make it what you wanted it to be, that's why I liked it. I admit gameplay was repetitive but it was still fun throughout. Besides aren't all games repetitive? While Hotline Miami wasn't groundbreaking, you can still call me a fan. Can't wait for the sequel.
  97. Mar 9, 2013
    Like others have said, it would have been a very good Flash game. If you're willing to pay for that, and have a very strong stomach for relentless and pointless gore, then this may be the game for you. I was willing to pay for it and I liked the few hours I played, but even as someone who's played and enjoyed FPS and fighting games (not to mention the GTA games) for twenty years the unpleasantness of this game makes me unwilling to keep playing it. Expand
  98. Feb 28, 2013
    One of the best games at this genre nowadays. Interesting story combined with a great gameplay und awesome soundtrack.
  99. Feb 26, 2013
    This game is absolutely god awful. I played 5 minutes of it, rage quit, and broke my keyboard. I hate this game and I hate the people who made it. I was so enraged by this game I felt the need to create a metacritic account just to express to everyone just how bad of a game this is. DON'T PLAY IT
  100. Feb 23, 2013
    Hotline Miami is much more than what it appears to be. At first, it may seem a random 2D shooter game and that's it.
    You will kill (and die) a lot in this game, but that's definitely not all there is.
    Incredible as it may seem, it has a complex narrative. At first, there is no way to have an idea of what is going on, what you are doing and why, but gradually the pieces will fall into
    place, but not in a simple linear fashion.
    The environment of the 80's Miami is very beautiful and colorful and fits well with that era. And expect to see blood everywhere, yours and your enemies'.
    The music is incredible and also reflects well the atmosphere of the time besides the climate of the situations you face.

But the great jewel of the game is it's the gameplay.
    You can kill your enemies in countless different ways and with different types of weapons.
    In addition, you gain masks that give you special abilities that can be used to strengthen their playing style.
    The response of the controls is very fast, like the action, half a second of hesitation and you're dead.
    The game is not easy, and you will probably have to repeat some the missions several times, but it recognizes that, therefore the respawn is imediate.

For it's tipification, the game would have everything to be a frustrating experience, but quite on the contrary by all the factors cited here Hotline Miami becomes a very relaxing experience.
  101. Oct 26, 2012
    Excellent game. The tension, the artistry, the speed, the strategy... A commendable and highly artistic rendation and critique of violence in popular media and an immense retro throwback make this game an instant cult hit. Granted, it's not for everyone but if you like vintage, tongue in cheeck humor and the 80's... go play it!

From the get-go, Miami’s presentation has a unique style, with vivid colors, generous amounts of post-process filtering and a stunning soundtrack (you will just let the game play on, only to hear the tracks). But at the same time, all notions of continuous fast-paced action gameplay disappear. Hotline Miami is essentially a top-down stealth game, that rewards the player with imaginative (and quite violent) kill animations. [January 2013]
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    A stylish slice of retro carnage. This is the bloodiest, least forgiving game of the year. [Jan 2013, p.85]
  3. Dec 17, 2012