6.1

1. Apr 18, 2013
    Mind blowing gameplay. This is a fantastic game and you should get it now. You're in for a lot of "whoa!" moments! There are plenty cool mechanics in the first half an hour and I strongly believe it's impossible to play Hydrophobia and not be pleasantly surprised.
  2. Apr 8, 2014
    Good game. Best graphics and physics ! Interesting puzzles, fluently gameplay. I like this game very ! (over 40 characters left to get it uploeded.)
  3. Oct 27, 2011
    I love this game, it is a bargain, so much going on, action, good plot and characters and the water is terrific, it is really worth going for at this price, I am no game expert but is about time people stop ripping this up and gave it your best shot, true you have to work to get the water functions but it is a challenge that I have really enjoyed, go for it you lot it is a no brainer!!!
  4. Jun 4, 2011
    A surprisingly good Adventure/Third-Person-Shooter game. The story and setting are really original and interesting, the graphics are good, the gameplay is good, the level design is pretty decent. This is the least frustrating and most rewarding game I've played in the last 4 months. At $12 on steam, this is a really safe buy.
  5. May 25, 2011
    Awesome, I could hardly ask for more especially considering the price. I hope to see Dark Energy go on to make even more quality titles & thus far since they've made great effort to support this title post-release, I'm feeling pretty good about the little I spent on it.
  6. May 10, 2011
    As well as the technical achievements in this game, like the amazing flowing water which has to be seen to be believed, it's a great game to play. The camera and controls feel good, the story is deep and involving, and the combat is great fun - using the environment against your enemies (blowing up gas lines and fuel barrels, shooting down electric cables, blowing out doors with waterAs well as the technical achievements in this game, like the amazing flowing water which has to be seen to be believed, it's a great game to play. The camera and controls feel good, the story is deep and involving, and the combat is great fun - using the environment against your enemies (blowing up gas lines and fuel barrels, shooting down electric cables, blowing out doors with water behind etc) is very satisfying. Great value for less than a tenner. Expand
  7. May 15, 2011
    This game is an absolute gem! Paid 12$ on Steam and got a game worth far more. The water physics are an absolute blast, and the combat is very satisfying, even if it isn't quite up to Gears and Uncharted. The pace of the game is good too, every time I started to wonder if I have to do that same task again, the game throws a curve ball and introduces a new element. I also love that when theThis game is an absolute gem! Paid 12$ on Steam and got a game worth far more. The water physics are an absolute blast, and the combat is very satisfying, even if it isn't quite up to Gears and Uncharted. The pace of the game is good too, every time I started to wonder if I have to do that same task again, the game throws a curve ball and introduces a new element. I also love that when the game starts it gives you the option of having objectives marked on your natural HUD, or your mini computer(MAVI). I love exploring, but I can check the MAVI and see where exactly I'm supposed to be going too; great for that immersed feeling! The bottom line is that I had FUN playing this. I didn't feel like it was too easy or difficult on normal. It reminded me what playing a video game is all about. My only other note is that if you're expecting this to match and beat a full major game like Uncharted, it won't. It's a very fun game, but it is not perfect, and it's silly to expect it to be. So grab 12$ and enjoy! It's more than worth it. Expand
  8. May 12, 2011
    8/10 is my real verdict (metacritic would not let me put score, some gibberish about floating point unless I chose that)

I had never heard of the game, so I was just jumping in fast.. In my watery grave. It was so different that it will propably be in my memories for a while. I liked that you don't just go from battle to battle from the start. I'd like to call it an adventure rather than action. Maybe I even call it an experience. I liked the exploring, the good looks and even the action. Cover-system was greatly done. There were some complications now and then when shooting behind the crate or whatever.. There were nice moves and I thought that it compares well to mass effect 2 cover-system. It felt sometimes even better. Controls were good. I played on PC, but I used xbox-controller. Rumble was not done good. If I get a load of water suddenly in my face from a hull breach.. I want to feel it. =) Story was a bit hazy. "I'm waking up and now the ship is falling apart. " I would have also liked to see more floating corpses. Enemies were decent bunch of masked bastards but they should have reacted better to my bullets. "come on, how can you be still alive, I just shot a full machinegun clip in you" So my weapon of choice was the common pistol and heatshot. And gel-rounds were useful. Final boss was a chore and I felt the game just ended. Well, I liked the music in the credits. All in all it was fun, different game. Some shortcomings but I was suprised that it really made such an impression. Job well done.
    And like the game says countless times: "Save the world, kill yourself" =)
  9. May 30, 2011
    As Sir_Kiko said it, "Ignore the haters". That said, I can understand why some people hate this game. For starters, even though I'm fairly certain this game is classified as an adventure game, it's really a "puzzle game with guns". I know, most games that would be classified as that are c*** - but that's because they are imbalanced. Hydrophobia is NOT imbalanced at all. It has the rightAs Sir_Kiko said it, "Ignore the haters". That said, I can understand why some people hate this game. For starters, even though I'm fairly certain this game is classified as an adventure game, it's really a "puzzle game with guns". I know, most games that would be classified as that are c*** - but that's because they are imbalanced. Hydrophobia is NOT imbalanced at all. It has the right blend of puzzles and shooting.

That said, if you dislike puzzle games, (or happen to be impatient, or bad at creative thinking) your going to hate half of Hydrophobia, and therefore you'll find no fun in the guns and hate the whole thing. So long as you are 1) at least a bit patient, 2) at least a bit creative and 3) don't mind getting the c*** scared out of you occasionally, you'll probably love this game.

Sadly, this game has absolutely no replay value, since you'll already know all the solutions to the puzzles. There's still "Challenge Mode", though.
  10. Oct 31, 2011
    I am not normally an adventure gamer (platformers are normally my scene) but i gave Hydrophobia a try and the game sucked me in. The atmosphere was amazing I really felt like I was on a sinking ship. I found the combat a little hard at first but I soon got into it. The thing I liked was the immersive (sorry!) feel. i thought the story was excellent really different. I can honestly say II am not normally an adventure gamer (platformers are normally my scene) but i gave Hydrophobia a try and the game sucked me in. The atmosphere was amazing I really felt like I was on a sinking ship. I found the combat a little hard at first but I soon got into it. The thing I liked was the immersive (sorry!) feel. i thought the story was excellent really different. I can honestly say I was disappointed when I finished the game - it took me around 10 hours to complete and for the price I cant grumble at that Expand
  11. May 11, 2011
    Ignore the haters. This game is worth a try and I'm sure most of you won't be disappointed. If you don't waste your time trying to compare the water with other games you will be amazed about the possibilities. Overall the game is great. Good graphics, the plot makes sense, and the way the game combines exploration, puzzles and combats. When I pre-ordered this game I was hoping for a goodIgnore the haters. This game is worth a try and I'm sure most of you won't be disappointed. If you don't waste your time trying to compare the water with other games you will be amazed about the possibilities. Overall the game is great. Good graphics, the plot makes sense, and the way the game combines exploration, puzzles and combats. When I pre-ordered this game I was hoping for a good time and I'm not disappointed.

The water is amazing. It's physical effects, the way it may help you (or not) solving puzzles or fighting enemies... simply amazing.

As cons, there are two they should fix:

The bloom effect is exaggerated. It's a cool effect depending on the situation, but it's too much in this game.

The camera when you have to swim through a flooded corridor is horrible. Specially if there are many objects floating around. It's very frustrating and annoying sometimes, but fortunately not enough to kill the fun.
  12. Jul 2, 2011
    I do not understand why so many people have rated this game badly.
    I picked it up for around $3-5 on Steam, and I'm pretty pleased with the 4 hours ish of gameplay.
    It was fun, and great for the price.
  13. Oct 27, 2011
    Brill. Another smash from Dark Energy - knocks Bio Shock into space>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  14. Dec 5, 2011
    AWESOME GAME! This is a TRUE tomb raider competitor. Its got a great story, good action, realistic water effects! AND A GREAT PRICE! This game should come to Disk in north america instead of digital. It will sell. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO RATED IT BAD! THERE LARA CROFT FAN BOYS, OR THE GAME IS TOO HARD FOR THEM. It is very cool and im enjoying it. The only thing that needs fixed: ITAWESOME GAME! This is a TRUE tomb raider competitor. Its got a great story, good action, realistic water effects! AND A GREAT PRICE! This game should come to Disk in north america instead of digital. It will sell. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO RATED IT BAD! THERE LARA CROFT FAN BOYS, OR THE GAME IS TOO HARD FOR THEM. It is very cool and im enjoying it. The only thing that needs fixed: IT NEEDS A SEQUEL! HAHAHA! Thanks Dark energy for making it. Cant wait to buy Number 2. One more thing, alot of people are rating it bad for 1 reason: ITS NOT ON XBOX 360. Sorry xbox fanboys... Expand

1. Oct 27, 2011
    Quotation forthcoming.
  2. Oct 27, 2011
    Quotation forthcoming.
    Third time's the Charm – first time it was XBLA Hydrophobia, then the game was released again as Pure and now we've got Prophecy. Enough tries we say. [July 2011]