• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Apr 26, 2011
6.7

1. Mar 31, 2011
    Ok, checked it again...hopeless serious performances issues, nearly unplayable near ground on high spec pc...even lower resolution hopeless....needs SERIOUS attention before becoming the greatest flop ever!
  2. May 26, 2011
    What has it been? Over 7 freaking years! The loyal IL2 fan base has waited patiently and respectfully. We all had the utmost confidence in Oleg and team. This is what we get? This is a very sad day in flight sim land. If people like me (been a dedicated fan and loyal supporter of IL2 since 2001) are giving it bad reviews you know something went dramatically wrong. Close to a decade of dev time...I just cannot comprehend this. I am just rambling now because I am so utterly shocked.

One comfort in this mess is most of us know Maddox and crew will work hard to address these issues. They have a stellar track record of doing so. Better then any other developer in the industry and that is fact. They have a long road ahead and have a tremendous amount of work to do though. I mean...I have always kept up with my gaming rig (mainly for this series) and the game was running at 1FPS...1 Frame per second!!

I see Steam pushed its release till July now. I guess the reason is obvious. I just do not understand why Oleg and crew released the game in this state in other territories. I mean...its been this long and I am sure there was little pressure on them to push it out. Having said all that I will gladly buy this game again when Steam releases their copy. I want nothing to do with my current one. Sound odd I know but I want to support the combat flight sim market and especially the team that created the greatest flight sim of all time. I just want it to be playable. Hopefully in the end...the review average will go up. So weird seeing a Maddox game with such a bad score.
  3. Mar 31, 2011
    Unplayable on a decent gaming machine, even with settings down low. Complete waste of money. Was really looking forward to this after seeing the previews and playing the original.
  4. Mar 31, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. hope this game be better now need a big patch now its a unplayable

the game are **** its need to be better then now an lags or crap and im very angry on this its bad as i so angry
  5. Jul 10, 2011
    The worst unfinished game I have ever seen !!!

Graphics, sounds, AI, GUI, everything is completely buggy...

They have killed all my hope in a new generation WWII of combat flight simulator ! Wait will be very long again..
  6. Sep 8, 2011
    Been a fan of il2 since the demo been flight simming since chuck yeagars on XT comps. Purchased a i7 dual 3.3 nvida 590gtx and 12 gig of ram. Game is unplayble in med and high res even with aa and af off. Looks nice in screen shots thats about it. Wrote to the maker of the game claims game is made for computers that are no out yet which is a damn joke. Dont support ubisoft 1/c games after this greedy flop. Very lacking in the ammount of content as well. Time for another to come and take the crown of wwii combat flight sims. Waiting patiently Expand
  7. Apr 1, 2011
    So wild! I too have a high spec PC well above the requirements and I too can't play the game due to major performace issues, I thought FSX was bad, this makes FSX look very good interms of FPS.
    10-14 FPS on low settings on a i7 960 CPU, with a GTX-295 & 8GB DDR3, SSD! WTF?
    This game has been released far to soon, it's not ready and should never have been released. There is no way the
    developer didn't know about these bugs, its a waste of money, don't buy this game until you read about a patch that resolves the issues.
    I want to support the developer, but don't buy this game until its ready. I wish I didn't and I could have brought something else to play this month. as I can't see myself playing this for at least a couple of months due to the large amount of issues.
    Wait until its been sorted before you part with your money, its a joke at the moment, maybe april fools joke? (1/4/2011)
  8. Apr 2, 2011
    What a rip-off. £29.99 for an unfinished buggy game which crashes and forces a PC reboot! So angry I will never buy any Ubi title again. Graphics require massive RAM and card (which is fine) but loads of bugs, no Force Feedback support and a useless instruction manual. They've released it before it's ready so don't waste your money.
  9. Apr 3, 2011
    Unplayable. I have a beast of a computer and the stutter is outrageous. Pretty annoying to have to go into the config and start making adjustments right after installing. Couldn't address the multi-processor issue after 10 years? What a joke. I was excited to see what they would do with the sounds (maybe some quality like tiger33 sound mod) but alas, they didn't even try. The sounds are generic and abrasive. A total waste of 45 dollars. Give this game a few years to let the community/modders fix the plethora of issues. Expand
  10. Apr 4, 2011
    Very disappointed FPS are so poor it is just unplayable it needs some serious work to get this sim up to acceptable levels. I have a well over spec PC ATI 5870 graphics Q9550 processor 4gb ram Win7. When are we in the PC fraternity going to get justice with this sort of thing? I feel as if I have just paid out top price for the privilege of testing out a beta but unbelievably over at Official 1C Company forum! there are members that concede all of the faults mentioned is this and the other reviews and think we should be grateful, which I suppose is why we will keep getting this sort of unfinished software thrust on us. Expand
  11. Jul 28, 2011
    I just received this game after the July 19th 2011 release date. I really had hope for this game as I have been into flight sims since the old CGA vector graphics days and a IL-2/Maddox fan since the very first IL-2. This game is unfinished and full of bugs. I have a top of the line system and suffer micro stutters and input lag from the get go. The GUI is horrid and the campaigns unfinished and anemic. It has very poor stick support. My Saitek X-52 throttle will only register input maybe 10% of the time as well as the occasional input lag. With my system I should breeze through this game. intel i7 2600k @ 4.4 Ghz, 16GB DDR3 1600, Samsung 470 SSD, SB X-Fi xtreme, ATI 6970 2GB video. I am running all the latest drivers and the game is the latest version. I feel so let down over this as I not only purchased one copy but one for myself and one for a friend. To top it all off I pre-ordered in April only to suffer multiple release postponements. I have SUCKER written all over my face. Shame on You Ubisoft! With the combination of your insane DRMs and willingness to give the consumer the bird by riding on the laurels of established and respected titles i.e. Silent Hunter 5, IL-2 whose fans pre-paid by the 1000s for these titles and then giving them unsupported/unfinished crap. I have bought the last Ubisoft game I will ever buy. Expand
  12. Jul 13, 2012
    I am a big Il-2 fan since .. about 2008 but this game is really bad, i cant run it on middle graphics with a gtx 260 but that's not the big deal. The Campaign is short and strange to play and you have so many bugs in the game. The complete opposite of the Normal Il-2 Sturmovik game.
    So this game is just like a downgrade in every aspect.
  13. Nov 26, 2012
    A very buggy game which needs a beast of a PC. And even then it is still not running efficiently.

1C already gave up on this game - no more patches will be available.

Their IL-2 series was successful and they seemed to care although they never fixed some important bugs on that game either... I always supported them, by buying all the games they made, sometime twice (IL-2 Sturmovik
    1946). Will I buy their next game? Most likely not!. Expand
  14. Jan 2, 2012
    Filled with issues even after over a six months of updates. Almost unplayable lobby system, bugs and lack of content. Why ever did they have to "fix" things that worked in IL2:1946? I enjoyed the earlier IL2 game a lot, but this has to be one of the most disappointing purchases I've ever made.
  15. Mar 23, 2013
    Game looks nice but you can still fly though trees and buildings which sadly kills all the immersion for me. Also i would like to see more flyable aircraft to keep me intrested but not sure if there is going to be any because the devs have scraped it
  16. Jun 21, 2013
    save your money; this game is worthless, forget about a refund... STEAM will not give one waste of time and money will not work on a decent PC, CRASHES AND BURNS
  17. Aug 15, 2013
    Game is a mess even after official updates before the company dumped its support of it. Waste of money even at bargain bin price. Also system specs are a joke, you need a beefy cutting edge graphics card. and cpu.

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Il-2 Cliffs of Dover is full of hidden potential, but due to a disastrous amount of bugs, design decisions and totally unfinished features it remains well hidden. The project failed to deliver on the promises and was finally abandoned – but not by modders. And that, my friends, is why this could still become someone's finest hour. [Dec 2013]
  2. Oct 2, 2011
    A successor to the legendary combat flight simulator video game insults its name and its fans by its state of the released version. The game can be partly forgiven for the upcoming revisions that are to improve its gaming experience. I dare say this game is going to be truly great in the following year. Unfortunately, now it's suitable only for those lovers that are patient and loyal to the combat flight simulator games.
  3. Sep 6, 2011
    There's one hell of a game in there, trying to escape. And I think, given the responsiveness and the past track record of the development team and the plans that lie ahead in the next few months, that escape will soon occur.