Impire PC

5.4

1. Sep 8, 2013
    People have been clamoring for a remake/reboot of the Dungeon Keeper series for decades, and have been met with bitter disappointment time and time again. Enter Impire, perhaps the worst of them all. Imagine a group of film makers who absolutely adore the movie Jaws, announce they are making the spiritual successor to their favorite movie. Then, with great fanfare, they roll outPeople have been clamoring for a remake/reboot of the Dungeon Keeper series for decades, and have been met with bitter disappointment time and time again. Enter Impire, perhaps the worst of them all. Imagine a group of film makers who absolutely adore the movie Jaws, announce they are making the spiritual successor to their favorite movie. Then, with great fanfare, they roll out Sharknado. That's Impire. The game version of Sharknado (not Jaws). Don't support this crap. Expand
  2. Jul 8, 2013
    Very poorly made, simply.

The control scheme is exceedingly awkward and counter-intuitive, which leads to such horrible mistakes such as wanting to move a squad of units and ending up teleporting your main imp to the exact wrong place. The voice acting, and it's writing, is annoying with rather lame attempts at humor. The most notable issue is when you come across the first boss
    Very poorly made, simply.

The most notable issue is when you come across the first boss battle. A boss is supposed to make you use everything that's been taught to you up to that point making for more of a challenge. This however, does something completely different. It introduces a new mechanic without even showing that it's there. Four healing items around the room, boss can use healing item to regenerate all health at once, unit must destroy healing item before boss can use it. This can cause an issue when the boss does absurd amounts of damage and immediately kills all of your units and consume a healing item. The incredibly awkward control scheme makes it just about impossible to micro-manage correctly and is unfortunately frustrating.

It looked fun, but must have been beta-tested by some four-armed spider people with computer mice from the future.
  3. Jun 25, 2013
    I'd like to start by saying this is NOT a Dungeon Keeper game! I've seen the major complaints about this game, and it seems that micromanagement and ladders are the most commented. Well, to pick up from there, ladders (at least now) are customizable. You can set the game with random, fixed, or no ladders at all! But I personally have the best experience by using fixed ladders, since theyI'd like to start by saying this is NOT a Dungeon Keeper game! I've seen the major complaints about this game, and it seems that micromanagement and ladders are the most commented. Well, to pick up from there, ladders (at least now) are customizable. You can set the game with random, fixed, or no ladders at all! But I personally have the best experience by using fixed ladders, since they can appear near a important room and that adds up to the challenge. Making the heroes go through the main entrance is just too easy in this game. Ok, now, this game is like a RTS with added management. I can't see all those micromanagement issues people talk about, since you make your own pace here, and that for me is one of Impire strongest points. You have a main mission, and you can finish it whenever you like, with no penalties! There is not this rush like in usual RTSs. About bugs, I have seen none! I just can't get these low scores, unless Impire was a chore at release. In that case give it a second try! With bland games like Dungeon Siege III getting 7s, I think this game deserves an 8/10 Expand
  4. May 4, 2013
    This game is so insanely boring I don't even know where to begin. No part of it is entertaining in any way and I feel so foolish for buying it and even more so for pre-ordering. What the hell was I thinking? Everything you do in this game is a chore. Destroying the enemy is in no way gratifying as you really have no part of it. Just warp your units in in greater numbers and see the bigThis game is so insanely boring I don't even know where to begin. No part of it is entertaining in any way and I feel so foolish for buying it and even more so for pre-ordering. What the hell was I thinking? Everything you do in this game is a chore. Destroying the enemy is in no way gratifying as you really have no part of it. Just warp your units in in greater numbers and see the big mess of a slugfest that is the combat. Then feed your units. God forbid that they would consider eating when they are hungry! Then replace your losses and warp them into a fight again. Do a facepalm, feed them and replace losses. Repeat this for the rest of the level and the next and the next and also the next. Traps are utterly pointless and boring. It isn't so much a dungeon as it is a camp for the not so gifted.
    Best part: when you have uninstalled it successfully. (at least the uninstaller works)
  5. May 4, 2013
    A poor comparison with Dungeon Keeper or any other classic of that genre. However, not a terrible game if taken at face value. There have been one or two other dungeon keeper type games lately that were on par with this. Unfortunately, it simply lacks feature and content. It is very linear and there is little real strategy involved. The dungeon design is largely irrelevant. Having saidA poor comparison with Dungeon Keeper or any other classic of that genre. However, not a terrible game if taken at face value. There have been one or two other dungeon keeper type games lately that were on par with this. Unfortunately, it simply lacks feature and content. It is very linear and there is little real strategy involved. The dungeon design is largely irrelevant. Having said that, it runs without crashes or glitches and has its moments. No depth whatsoever. The bones of a decent game without the feeling that you doing more than following a formula. A very polished shame of a game. Expand
  6. Apr 28, 2013
    Impire suffers from one major flaw: it's incredibly tedious. Research and party formation occupy most of your time, and once you've created a tank/2 dps/healer combo in a few monster parties, the game is too easy. Customizing your dungeon lord can be cool, but it takes several missions to gain anything and the combat isn't any more satisfying when using your demon avatar than it is withImpire suffers from one major flaw: it's incredibly tedious. Research and party formation occupy most of your time, and once you've created a tank/2 dps/healer combo in a few monster parties, the game is too easy. Customizing your dungeon lord can be cool, but it takes several missions to gain anything and the combat isn't any more satisfying when using your demon avatar than it is with the parties of imps. It's mechanically sound (aside from an option to have your monsters automatically feed themselves, having to do it manually every five minutes gets old), but doesn't bring enough innovation or entertainment to the table. Not a horrible Dungeon Keeper knock-off, but I wish it'd been a bit more like DK and a bit less like Evil Genius (imagine all the boring parts of both games mashed together, and that's what you get here). Expand
  7. Apr 18, 2013
    There are so many issues with impires gameplay that I dont think I could cover them all if I tried with the space allotted. Besides everyone else has collectively covered it all, so I will touch on the one thing that disappointed me the most the lack of one ingredient that makes games great.....the fun. The game bored me....after about 10 hours or so I was forcing myself to keep playingThere are so many issues with impires gameplay that I dont think I could cover them all if I tried with the space allotted. Besides everyone else has collectively covered it all, so I will touch on the one thing that disappointed me the most the lack of one ingredient that makes games great.....the fun. The game bored me....after about 10 hours or so I was forcing myself to keep playing just to find something to really like about the game other then the animation and graphics.It just dragged on and really got worse the more I played it. I took a break and came back to it a day or so later. Trying to clear my mind of its initial impression, and just give it an honest view from a fresh new perspective.
    the problem was,I was comparing this game to dungeon keeper the first time around.Which disapointed me beyond belife, cause lets face it DK was a great title. But even then, playing the game and letting it stand on its own merits and not comparing it to previous title in the genre I still got bored and frustrate. Wondering the whole time why they elected to use....well just about all the gameplay mechanics. The part that makes me want to pull my hair out though isthat there really is soooo much potential there. It really could be a good game but the potential is completely squandered. And considering Cyanide studios put this out, I would be completely amazed and shocked if they actually did anything with this title.
    Now this one was gifted to me, and when I saw it was 10 dollars I thought ok 50% off so 5 bucks isnt a total waste..I spend more on lunch. But then realized it was 10 bucks with the 50% off, I myself would not spend 5 dollars on this title...let alone the full 20. Hell I just checked ebay and amazon and you can get dungeon keeper cheaper then this title at full price, shipping included.
    Anyway...rating this game on potential...I could give it a 6 or 7, but I dont rate on potential...and also as I said earlier Cyanide is the dev. Maybe Cyanide will pull there heads out of there back ends...but there track record speaks for itself so Im not holding my breath.. Replayability and fun factor are the most important things for me, and as you can see the score I gave it really reflects on this title.
    If you really want to try this genre I would have to say to buy a copy of Dungeon keepers as it would be cheaper then this title at full price in the steam store(at this time 20 dollars) as Ive already said. But also its a title that will keep you entertained for hours on end. Not to mention that it wont make you want to throw your monitor out the window in frustration XD
  8. Apr 4, 2013
    I really enjoyed playing this game, I'm not sure why everyone else is rating it so low. Impire was really fun in my opinion, and I would recommend it to anyone who liked dungeon keeper.
  9. Mar 16, 2013
    Dull, repetitive, shallow, and buggy. The voice acting is fun but is not enough to save the title from the horrific flaws with the game play. The game taunts you with an appealing story and hints at a satisfying dungeon-builder, but never quite delivers. The constraints on building prevent you from truly designing your dungeon freely and the endless cycle of hero invasions and ladderDull, repetitive, shallow, and buggy. The voice acting is fun but is not enough to save the title from the horrific flaws with the game play. The game taunts you with an appealing story and hints at a satisfying dungeon-builder, but never quite delivers. The constraints on building prevent you from truly designing your dungeon freely and the endless cycle of hero invasions and ladder attacks quickly turn into endless drudgery. Expand
  10. Mar 7, 2013
    Once again we go underground to discover a disgruntle evil force who preys on heroes and uses miniature demons to tunnel. I have always scaled a game based on this formula. Price vs quality vs how much time I would have spent playing pinball in a seedy bar vs entertainment (graphics, sound, playability/replayability) For $19.00, Impire isn't a bad deal. Yeah, it ain't Dungeon Keeper, andOnce again we go underground to discover a disgruntle evil force who preys on heroes and uses miniature demons to tunnel. I have always scaled a game based on this formula. Price vs quality vs how much time I would have spent playing pinball in a seedy bar vs entertainment (graphics, sound, playability/replayability) For $19.00, Impire isn't a bad deal. Yeah, it ain't Dungeon Keeper, and only when Peter Molyneux makes a new version, will I even try to make the comparision. But it did keep me entertained, though it did leave quite a bit to be desired. A manual would have been nice and so would being able to participate some of the 'out of dungeon' quests. Also, a considerable more customization of Hell Slayer would have been a welcome event. All in all, this isn't Black and White, Quake, or Shogun Total War, no new ground is being broken, But, it is fun and I feel, worth the $19 clams for the game. Oh, and John Pinett should have been given a lot more lines and been allowed in the monster's kitchen and been force to leave. Now that would have been funny. Expand
  11. Mar 4, 2013
    A fun strategy game, neat idea, nice graphics.
    Controls and micromanagement are pretty annoying.
    WADS controls the camera nicely but mouse movement in menues to manage squads and such is awkward and laggy. The icons on the map are too large and won't always hide when put on hide. When trying to select single items on the map while zoomed out and you get a magnifying screen of whats
    A fun strategy game, neat idea, nice graphics.
    Controls and micromanagement are pretty annoying.
    The icons on the map are too large and won't always hide when put on hide. When trying to select single items on the map while zoomed out and you get a magnifying screen of whats happening on mouse over, its annoying and sometimes in the way.
    the concept is great, I think with a few control and management tweeks this could be a great game
  12. Mar 2, 2013
    Don't buy it if you expect Dungeon Keeper. In fact, just don't buy it.
    The gameplay is extremely tedious, and it's just a sad waste of time. It feels and looks like a lot of effort went into its production, but it doesn't matter because the gameplay isn't cohesive, and it's not fun at all.
    I have a serious feeling that the "10" reviews are friends and family of the developers...
  13. Feb 28, 2013
    Impire is a fun game and at the price it is worth buying. It has its funny moments but the game is best described as nothing outstanding and slightly buggy. Some of the missions are drawn out and rather dull and there is no real base building involved. Just a combination of defending your dungeon and attacking the surface world. The rooms are always the same size and not scalable but canImpire is a fun game and at the price it is worth buying. It has its funny moments but the game is best described as nothing outstanding and slightly buggy. Some of the missions are drawn out and rather dull and there is no real base building involved. Just a combination of defending your dungeon and attacking the surface world. The rooms are always the same size and not scalable but can be rotated, Skirmish is actually multiplayer and not Skirmish at all and the makers plan to sell you upgrades as optional extras.

I enjoyed it the game, I think its worth the price but it is not going to win any awards but that does not mean you should avoid it. I personally would follow this rule based on what you have read about it. If you think you may like it, you probably will. If you think you will not like it, you probably will not.

Nice game, nothing exciting, worth buying.
  14. Feb 27, 2013
    When i have read couple of reviews here i had to comment. This game is NOT a dungeon keeper clone. It actually has nothing similar to dungeon keeper. If you want a dungeon keeper clone, play Dwarfs which is amazing. This game is different, basically. It's a RTS game with some interesting features. Campaign is fun, humor is amazing. It is especially compelling to the people with goodWhen i have read couple of reviews here i had to comment. This game is NOT a dungeon keeper clone. It actually has nothing similar to dungeon keeper. If you want a dungeon keeper clone, play Dwarfs which is amazing. This game is different, basically. It's a RTS game with some interesting features. Campaign is fun, humor is amazing. It is especially compelling to the people with good knowledge of metal bands, movies and music in general. For me it was hilarious! I see that people are having a problem with enemies showing everywhere which is not true. They announce themselves via ladders that are present in your dungeon (which you can destroy). If you are not quick they will mess you up!Here is an interesting micromanagement of units which is always fun. When ladders start coming down, you have no other choice but build a nice passageways with a lot of traps. So expanding your dungeon is based on DEFENSE because you can teleport your troops through your dungeon. You have to wait with raiding because you don't know when enemy wave is coming and this is only in first few missions! And i gave 10/10 to compensate for rage on the game by other reviewers. Also i saw no bugs, or anything. Game runs smoothly. It is 19e game, so it is fair to try it. I find it fun. Generaly i would give it 8/10 because of the hud which is too small IMHO and unpractical. I believe that using the kitchen to feed your armies will be improved in future patches. It is a minor thing. Expand
  15. Feb 21, 2013
    units are kinda unresponsive, really not a smooth game a lot. super repetitive nothing new or special about it that sets it aside from other games, not really worth the money at the moment feels like an early version of what could of been a good game.
  16. Feb 21, 2013
    Humor is nice, artworks are great, but this game grows old quite fast.
    The main points are simplistic mechanics, lacking build freedom and lots of micromanagement (and I mean lots: ladders popping up, minions having to be fed and so on).
    See Taziars review for more details.
  17. Feb 20, 2013
    Warning! Do not spend you money on this garbage,
    This game is so terrible, that I even made an account on MC to let you know. Looking for dungeon building fun? You won't have any. This game feels like a tedious chore.
    Want to construct dungeons? Well, you can place pre-designed rooms, with fixed entrances, that can't be destroyed. Limits your choices severly. Want to level you
    Warning! Do not spend you money on this garbage,

Want to level you minions? Well, you can level them to level 3, they still never become badass and die off rather quickly. Mind you, that you still have to micro every single one of you minions, from replacing armor to when it goes to eat! why, oh why?

Want to fight heroes? Well, you can teleport your squads in and watch them slug it out. There is no real feeling of big battels going on, as troops on each side is very limited.

Go to the game forums for more wrongs with this game. Again I can only say, your money will be better spent on almost anything else!
  18. Feb 20, 2013
    This is a good game... Yes it need improvement but all the people who's whine about the fact this is not DK are just haters and should make a game by them self just to have exactly what they are waiting for! I'm giving a 10 just to be fair with them, against all those 0 or 1. They shouldn't trash someone else work like this, this is impressive how the devs remains calm. I'll be glad to seeThis is a good game... Yes it need improvement but all the people who's whine about the fact this is not DK are just haters and should make a game by them self just to have exactly what they are waiting for! I'm giving a 10 just to be fair with them, against all those 0 or 1. They shouldn't trash someone else work like this, this is impressive how the devs remains calm. I'll be glad to see them react to a customer like them at their job. Expand
  19. Feb 20, 2013
    Complete rubbish. Nice graphics and voice acting, but that's all. Stupid campaign that's just a linear tutorial, no option to avoid it, no sandbox mode. Unless you're a complete moron you'll be bored silly within minutes. A cut-down version of Dungeon Keeper. Very buggy and crashes often. Stupid over-powered boss fights as a substitute for mission design.
  20. Feb 20, 2013
    Inspired by dungeon keeper but has his own unique genre and style. Don't expect Impire to be a dungeon keeper clone, If you like the mixes of Strategy, RPG and dungeon management game, you should play it! Yeah, the game is not perfect but if you take time to learn how to play this game, this could be a lot of fun. My score should be 8/10, but I put a 10/10 only to compensate a little toInspired by dungeon keeper but has his own unique genre and style. Don't expect Impire to be a dungeon keeper clone, If you like the mixes of Strategy, RPG and dungeon management game, you should play it! Yeah, the game is not perfect but if you take time to learn how to play this game, this could be a lot of fun. My score should be 8/10, but I put a 10/10 only to compensate a little to all ridiculous troll and too absurd low score. Again, it's not a dungeon keeper clone, don't hope for it, you should try it totally in mind to be a different kind of a game. For an Indie dev, and 20$ buck, it's a good game. Expand
  21. Feb 19, 2013
    Some huge things missing from this game killed it for me.

Some huge things missing from this game killed it for me.

1.) There is no AI whatsoever. Minions don't wander your dungeon on their own. They will literally just stand there and starve to death not interacting with anything unless you tell them to go eat something even if they are STANDING IN THE KITCHEN!!! How lulz worthy is that? How can you possibly make a game playtest it yourself and not be frustrated by that??? You'd have to be the most simple minded person ever to not view that as a huge problem.

2.) Enemy has no AI and no challenge. They don't attack things using a strategy it's just a random location enemy spawn. Yep that's right so your traps and unit placement are useless. No building defenses or anything like that. Enemies spawn in a random location... you teleport your squad to that location DONE... that's the whole "challenge" behind this game. Once again it's either rushed and not play tested or just plain evil money grab to allow a game to be shipped like this.

3.) Overworld resource gathering is horrendously bad. You send a squad to a location on the overworld then 5 minutes later you get a pile of resources. You have no control over them after they are sent. The simplest Facebook games execute this mechanic better. WHY!? Why did you guys do this!?

4.) Multiplayer and PVP are still in beta! Surprised? I'm not because this game is obviously unfinished.

5.) Dungeons aren't customizable!!! You missed the biggest aspect of these games. Building a personalized death trap maze for the heroes that enter just isn't possible with this.

There's so many other issues telling me this game is unfinished it's really not even funny. It's sad. Just very very sad to see the state of gaming come to this when an unfinished game just gets squeezed out and sells copies anyway encouraging the next group of developers to do the same. WAKE UP PEOPLE!
  22. Feb 19, 2013
    Its a huge disappointment, controlled like on console and feels like it was made by some kind of a game troll. I didn't expect much, but this is far below of what you'd expect from the mediocre indie game. Its boring, tedious, absent of any thought or design and not even challenging. Its crime to even mention Dungeon Keeper here.
  23. Feb 19, 2013
    Gamers have to stop accepting and buying games that are poorly developed and published as money grabbing items. This game is boring and the AI is non-existent. You build a dungeon but your minions just stand around until you tell them to do anything (unlike dungeon keeper games). This game is similar to the aliens:colonial marine game where the developers do not actually develop the gameGamers have to stop accepting and buying games that are poorly developed and published as money grabbing items. This game is boring and the AI is non-existent. You build a dungeon but your minions just stand around until you tell them to do anything (unlike dungeon keeper games). This game is similar to the aliens:colonial marine game where the developers do not actually develop the game play into an unique experience. The structure of your dungeons does not matter at all as you can just teleport your troops everywhere. It is an unfinished game and released to grab easy profits.Please stop buying these terrible releases. A continuation of the genre called "unfinished masterpiece" that started with Warz and Aliens. Expand
  24. Feb 19, 2013
    Huge disappointment. I was so looking to another DK spinoff, liked the graphic-style and thought I'd try it out. The game itself is one of the least fun experiences I have ever had. They literally managed to exclude completely everything that would be fun about a dungeon manager. There is no managment at all. You can not design your dungeon properly, as enemies will spawn randomly anyway,Huge disappointment. I was so looking to another DK spinoff, liked the graphic-style and thought I'd try it out. The game itself is one of the least fun experiences I have ever had. They literally managed to exclude completely everything that would be fun about a dungeon manager. There is no managment at all. You can not design your dungeon properly, as enemies will spawn randomly anyway, sizes and shapes of rooms are entirely predetermined. The dungeon always feels empty and dead. There is literally no AI, you'd think your minions and units would do stuff say eat, sleep, wander around, visit various rooms or anything like that: no. They are braindead standing waiting for you to port them onto enemies so you can watch them autoattack a bunch of units until they wait some more until you send them to a kitchen to feast. That's it. Oh there is an overworld map where you can gather resources. This has been done in the most boring event I could possible think off. You can't see where they are raiding, they just despawn and come back after 2 or so minutes and that's it. There is absolutely zero management in this game. The micromanagement in this game is dumb and tedious. The total lack of AI ruins it. The campaign is boring, long and tedious. Multiplayer and Coop is still in beta and doesn't function properly. I hade several bugs where I would get error messages having to alttab to cancel them. The UI and controls are simply annoying, everything has a delay. Unit responses aren't instant but rather take a second as well as even opening the wheely menu or scrolling with your mouse has a default delay. Why? Don't ask me. The game contains literally not a single aspect of what a dungeon manager should have, other than it's looks. It's not fun, it's tedious, it's unfinished and it's simply boring. Expand
  25. Feb 19, 2013
    This game is brutal. It is lacking so many mechanics that old games like dungeon keeper had. For example, the heroes can come into any place in your dungeon instead of coming in the entrance. This means that you can not make your dungeon defensible.
  26. Feb 19, 2013
    Got this game about 3 hours ago loving it so far, funny as hell and a direct descendant of dungeon keeper 1 and 2 at least in spirit, well worth the E19.99 on Steam, its visually a very attractive game, plots hilarious dialogue even more so and like the other guys said the voice acting is superb, all in all givin a 9 just for the sheer fun im having with my lil blue devil!!!! if you likedGot this game about 3 hours ago loving it so far, funny as hell and a direct descendant of dungeon keeper 1 and 2 at least in spirit, well worth the E19.99 on Steam, its visually a very attractive game, plots hilarious dialogue even more so and like the other guys said the voice acting is superb, all in all givin a 9 just for the sheer fun im having with my lil blue devil!!!! if you liked Dungeon keeper or theme hospital or anything like that you'll love this!!! Expand
  27. Feb 18, 2013
    All little buggy, but a very fun game! I like Baal, he’s cute :)
    It’s definitely not a Dungeon Keeper-like (but anyway, I did not hear the developer or the publisher say it was). It’s more a RTS with lots of management.
  28. Feb 17, 2013
    More time with this game has just made it less likable. Way too much micromanagement, poor squad control, poor balance and bugs. Might be a fun game after some patching, but as it stands it's not worth it.
  29. Feb 17, 2013
    There is almost no AI of note the squads won't even eat when they are hungry, making the game a micromanagement hell. Monsters freed from their rooms won't run rampant through your dungeon, making the game boring.
    The cut scenes are a pain to watch, the humor is very bland.
    The cut scenes are a pain to watch, the humor is very bland.
    I will give a 5 because despite all these flaws, the game is playable enough, though it still has an unfinished feeling about it. It could be a better game, even if different from Dungeon Keeper, but is failed in being so.
  30. Feb 17, 2013
    The cutscenes are full of humor and very funny, the levels seems to be same but got different and not so boring quests. It is very fun to build and upgrade your dungeon, place traps, manage your monsters.

There are many complains about some crashes bugs. I have tested this game on an old laptop: Acer aspire 5740G i7 640m 2.6 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ATI 5650 mobility HD, and new desktop PC: i5 3.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, GTX660TI and the game works perfectly without any bugs or crashes. In my laptop I even have Windows8, and the game still works without any problems.

The only few problems I found with the game is:
    1. Squads sometimes attack ladders and sometimes not after teleporting them near enemy ladder.
    2. Squad sometimes go to different location and not where I ordered them to go.

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Jun 10, 2013
    A charming strategy, with pleasant gameplay, some original ideas and humorous wackiness. A must have for old friends of Dungeon Keeper. [April 2013]
  2. CD-Action
    May 7, 2013
    A game similar to Dungeon Keeper but worse in every aspect. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.76]
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Apr 15, 2013
    Impire would be below average strategy game in the spirit on Dungeon Keeper, but thanks to really awful, long-winded and unfunny attempts of humour, it becomes something much, much worse. [Apr 2013]