1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3873 Ratings

1. Jul 19, 2013
    Dont, just dont buy this game.
    THey changed their name just trying to start over.
    The support is still garbage and they still ban people for nothing.
    And dont expect unban because they are aiming only for your money.

When you get banned they laugh and say: Buy the game again.
  2. Jul 19, 2013
    Infestation has far to many mistakes. From day one, the unprofessional developers hid the mistakes, and had no improvement in content
    I don't see it going anywhere now with the Infestation developers stealing Facepunch Studio's Rust, game content
  3. Jul 20, 2013
    I bought this game on steam sale against my better judgement. I am a huge DayZ and zombie genre fan and for 3$ it seemed too good to pass up. Crashed about 9 Times within the first hour of playing Kept getting kicked off servers, crashed my computer that normally runs no problems. Graphics are pretty simple but I dont mind that I had negative fun in the 2 hours I invested trying to get into this game.

I wish I could ask for a refund.
  4. Jul 21, 2013
    A friend of mine got suckered into buying this, So I took a turn at it to write an honest review, This game is horrible in every respect possible. Graphics: Look like there from 2005. Game play: boring and floaty combat that's nearly impossible,followed by a metric ton of hackers who destroy everything(also the response by the devs to hacker is to at random ban people taking shots in the dark at hackers). Price: Really high on it's own for this ton of crap but then there is a ton of super expensive micro-transactions for weapons and food that you loose and have to re-buy if you die. This game is a giant ball of irritation and money hungry idiots who made a cruddy game to exploit the market of zombie games. Don not buy and feel ashamed if you did, you wasted money and feed and evil money hungry monster. Expand
  5. Jul 26, 2013
    You play 10 hours to get you killed by a zombie with 3 hits.
    The price is very high for the game.
    The game needs to be Free to Play, so i recommended play the pirated version (DeadZ).
    In Infestation: Survivor Stories you can't use cars, but in te pirated version you can.
    And the GC? Regrettable....
  6. Jul 29, 2013
    Despite the potential this title once had, and the continuous improvement over the last months, it is still a very bad game in its current state. It still has massive technical problems. It still does not many of the features it was expected to have upon initial release. Instead, many aspects of the game still seem unfinished or only half-done. Formerly known as "WarZ", this game feels just completely pointless to me, nothing to do, nothing to achieve. It is ugly to look at and pointlessly boring to play. No way I would recommend spending your time on this one. Expand
  7. Jul 29, 2013
    Absolutely terrible game full of bugs and hackers; immature staff and developers. They're lucky people haven't stormed their headquarters and beat their heads in.
  8. Aug 2, 2013
    To be honest I had more fun reading all the pissed off forum threads than I did playing the game. I can’t stress enough that the zombies in this game are merely a backdrop to a PvP style game we have all played 1000’s of times with substandard graphics. Before you make this purchase, drop by the official forums or the Steam forums and pick a few threads to read. If you take it for what it is (and don’t mind the slightly larger numbers of hackers and bugs) then I supposed it would rate a 60. It seems without the zombies it’s just a 2nd rate shooter with middle of the road graphics. Expand
  9. Aug 6, 2013
    Purchased this off steam when it was only a few dollars with a few friends, Game has a lot of issues. Only fun part of the game was there are tons of zombies, something I've found lacking in the other games like it. One of the main issues was that the game constantly crashed. After doing the usual google digging I couldn't find anything that helped so submitted a ticket. 18 days later after I'd already quit playing I get an email response stating that my account had been banned due to evidence of hacking on the account. Can't find any evidence of my account being compromised, and have submitted a reply ticket. As for the ban won't be playing either way but find it offensive to be banned unjustly. Oh well, I saw the warnings about the mass ban hammer being used to handle support issues before i bought it, glad I only paid a few dollars. Got as much fun out if it as I did an arcade game for the same amount of cash. I would never recommend paying full price for this. Expand
  10. Aug 15, 2013
    This game is an absolute abomination. Stay far away!
    Terrible company, full of crooks and liars, check their history. They are the worst people in the game industry I have read about by far.
    Bans on legit players thanks to fairfight (FAILFIGHT). Seriously look it up this travesty bans based on stats rather than detections. No I am not kidding. There is a reason BF3 admins stopped using
    that failure of an "anti cheat"
    The game just looks terrible too. At first glance it's not too bad but then you look at the textures at a reasonable distance and you want to puke. I actually saw 2D props in this game. Yes, 2D props.
    The animations are terrible, I've seen better ones in player made mods from older games.
    Loot is bad and nowhere to be found, zombies glitch out and teleport to you thanks to the game's NUMEROUS glitches. Speaking of zombies if you were looking to play this because the zombies are slower and, according to logic, more realistic because of it than DayZ, don't even bother. There are SPRINTING zombies in this game and the last patch made it so that now there is even more.
    There are hackers everywhere. Almost every single survivor I came across had some kind of ESP or aimbot.
    To top it all off, this monstrous pile of excrement has the audacity to be PAY TO WIN. There is a marketplace, and even though you can not buy guns, you can buy ammo, which is VERY VERY hard to find normally, as well as attachments, which can NOT be found in-game, and armor, which also can NOT be found in-game.
    Support is terrible, I would even say non-existent. Good luck if you have any issues, you are better off asking the players.

Here is my experience playing the game:
    Day 1: look around, get a feel for the game and look for stuff to pick up. Not much is found but scant supplies, but at this point I thought it was just bad luck or a bad zone. Died about 3 times to zombies, because I was still learning and once to a player, who seemed to know where I was at all times.
    Day 2: I have looked online for spawn locations for zombies and items and tactics. I die twice to players after finding 3 guns, all pistols. One might have been legitimate, but the other was clearly aimbotting.
    Day 3: I make a route of the best possible paths to get "good" loot. After coming and going out of these very dangerous areas I have come across 4 pistols and finally one assault rifle. I did not die that day because I was going into VERY low pop servers. Also found good backpacks.
    Day 4: Continuing my loot route, I keep to my low pop servers tactic. This proved to be for naught, as I get killed by a player over 300 meters away with an assault rifle in 2 shots. The "max range" for assault rifles is 85 meters. After losing all this stuff I continue to try and loot, finding two assault rifles and a few pistols after a long time of looting the same "high quality areas" and server hopping often.
    Day 5: Looting continues, I die halfway through. I had accidentally pulled a lot of zombies but managed to outrun them, putting at least 20 meters between me and the one leading the pack with a sliver of health left, but it glitches and teleports to me and kills me instantly. Infuriated, I continue to try and play until I get killed by yet another player despite having nothing on me. At this point I ragequit for the day.
    Day 6: Looting again.. this time I actually find a sniper rifle for the first time in an item box. Feeling good, I now try and remain on the higher ground whenever I am out looting so as to spot and snipe players before they get close. Plan did not work out, was killed by a player aimbotting with an assault rifle once again.
    Day 7: No players, no glitches, decent loot. Or at least, what can be called "decent" in this game with such crappy loot. Everything's fine. I am walking towards the city when I see chat light up with bans. No big deal I've seen this before, but it is annoying to see on the chatbar. I comment in global saying that it's annoying to see that every day and all of a sudden, my character dies. I rage, and figured I had been killed by a sniper or something, as I was sure no player or zombie was near me at all. I try to log back in the game and guess what? Account permanently banned. Excuse me? I am permanently banned? Yet I have come across all these hackers?? Did I mention this was AFTER purchasing GC?! Apparently something I did triggered fairfight (FAILFIGHT)'s statistics system and got me banned. Maybe I headshot too many zombies and it thought I was aimbotting because of it, who knows. Either that or an admin saw me commenting about how annoying the ban messages were on the chat and thought I too should have a taste.

This is literally the worst game I have ever played in my entire life, and I doubt I will ever play something worse ever again. Everything that can be wrong about a game, infestation has it.
    All the badmouthing this game has received is in reality ten times worse than that. This game is pure FILTH.
  11. Aug 20, 2013
    The game had changed its name to in infestation probably to try and sneak away from the warz line, since the name had been tainted, my friend got me this game, i downloaded it went to play, played for ten minutes, i then was shot by a zombie flying around with a gun the size of a tree, so i contacted support, next day i log on, 10 minutes of play time, banned for hacking, turns out everyone on the server that day was banned... woopy doo... Expand
  12. Aug 31, 2013
    Do not think of buying this game, Do not think of playing this game. This game is terrible. Low-res, buggy and full of hackers which the developers of the game hasn't done anything to address this situation.

Let's also point that out that the game's Steam page is also very misleading, About 90% of the features what has been mentioned is not implemented in the actual game.

This game
    is just a cheap cash in for DayZ fans, Wait for the standalone if you want to play a quality looking game. Expand
  13. Sep 1, 2013
    This game is an abortion, the champion of my regrettable purchases, walking around in a forest, looking through dull towns, some 12 year old shoots you and takes your pistol.
  14. Oct 12, 2013
    game have to many problems bugs glitchs lags that why i cen't gice 1/10 and next graphic like games in 1996 but we have 2013 then where is 17 years phisics same havoc or some low non... rly game is very empty.
  15. Oct 17, 2013
    Many cheaters, the whole game is buggy with infected through walls, you being disconnected by descending a hill not buy not buy not buy not buy not buy not buy not buy not buy
  16. Oct 20, 2013
    when i got this game on steam it said the game had x features, but then the game did not have any of the features and we had to hassle with steam to get refunds, so don't buy this game, they are liars
  17. Oct 25, 2013
    Im lagging, there is hackers and im so pissed. i spent 3000$ with my moms credit card for in game credit and some guy hacked it and i cant get it back. this game sucks
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    The developers of this game obviously had evil intentions to make this game a pay to play but wasn't quite finished with the game so they charged people for it. Just recently they updated a in game payment for respawning???? So to the people that paid money here comes some more cash for you to throw at the game already. What's next? DO NOT BUY THIS GAME... You're NOT supporting the original creators of Day Z... They obviously rushed this to get the sales and screw everyone over. Just a side note the guy Kewk one of the developers http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkewk has Activision in his group profile so that basically says everything around the direction this games going.... Money grabbing... Save your money for Day Z they won't do something like this... Expand
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    A cash grab gamed base off of the success of the DayZ mod. Nothing good about it at all. Also has in-game cash store where players can buy supplies!! how is that survival?!?
  20. Dec 23, 2012
    This game is a failure at best and a scam at worst. Not remotely finished, horrible dev team (what kind of dev team plays the game using cheats against other players?), shoddy gameplay (Day Z ripoff, but somehow manages to be clunkier), very little content, and F2P style unlocks. Horrible.
  21. Aug 25, 2013
    I tried to look passed the poor behavior of the developers (which I definitely regret), but the game still failed me. I first tried playing on a server with about 70+ people. I ran around killing zombies with my flash light while players were continuously banned. Eventually as I was running clueless through an endless forest, I got banned. I joined another server after that and it didn't get any better. The zombies were very glitchy and got stuck a lot, but other than that it ran fine. I had no lag or anything (and usually do not with my internet connection), so I'm not sure why I got banned. Not worth the measly $4 I paid for it. Expand
  22. Dec 20, 2012
    Ton of fanboy's with their positive reviews ya it can be a good game but it is being so rushed and it still seems like a mod of WarZ. I still jump on once in awhile but the game seems like its only 30% complete of a normal mmo release. Plus with all there false advertisement's I can't stand the Dev team. Avoid till end of next year maybe if they keep going.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought this game on Steam and, when i found out AFTER i had bought the product that it was still in a largely unfinished state, that the store page was actually misrepresenting the actual product... The game is still in BETA... it's not finished... After so many searches via Google I can see I'm not the only one very disappointed with this game and the fact that STEAM has decided to sell this product over their delightful (no sarcasm intended) store system. I can't believe the people at STEAM did not vet this game before releasing it onto the public... If I were STEAMPOWERED.COM i would sue Hammerpoint Interactive for damages of reputation. Expand
  24. Jun 18, 2013
    just doing my part as a responsible gamer to help further lower the score on this game and show the horribleness of the developers. Nothing about this game is good, nothing about the developers is good. Rude, money mongering jerks who insult their own players and then make them suffer in game.
  25. Feb 26, 2013
    You would do a lot better by purchasing just about any other game rather than buying The War Z which is an abysmal and sorry excuse of a game. If you want to play a game that's about surviving a zombie apocalypse, go and play DayZ that's the game The War Z so desperately wishes it was and fails horribly at copying.
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is a total scam. Advertises features that it clearly doesn't have. How you can call a 50 person server a MMO is beyond me. This game was so bad it was even kicked off of Steam.
  27. Feb 14, 2013
    If You checked Score on Metacritic and still don't believe, that this game SUCK BALLS Believe! I didn't, and now I regret. This game could be a milestone, but NO! Whole game is a LIE! Just imagine that: Zombie apocalypse... You stand in a middle of forest with flashlight and some food/water. You head for military base to find some weapons. You wander around for half an hour trying to avoid zombies You don't want to fight them because its half a minute smashing it's head! Finally a bat. So I can kill zombies easier right? WRONG! It's still flashlight but without light! Ok lets look for something else. Body armor! Nice huh? NO! You got shot by armored to the teeth camping new players! Thats what this game is about Find equipment and hunt new players! Need a prove? Try to shoot a zombie i DARE YOU. In less than 5 sec You will be surrounded by instant spawned 20 zombies and get killed loosing all eq. Killing zombies? What for? ALL You got is 5xp per zombie and nothing to spent those xp for. If You REALY want this game so badly at least get some friends to play with You. And trust NO ONE! Kill everyone on sight. "Don't worry im friendly, please help me... I'm just aiming for your head for fun... BANG haha looser!"

Stacking zombies, clipping items problems, broken sounds, ugly graphic, missing textures, tons of hackers And thats not even half of it! DONT-BUY-THIS-GAME it's BROKEN
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    The game runs horribly, it's not even optimized. IThere is little to no content unless you like spawning in and dying immediately to hacking. But that's ok, because you can spend real life currency to just respawn, or instead wait 4 hours to play that character again. The other half of the content is just walking around a map that won't even let you step off of a 1 foot high elevation in the ground without taking half your health away.

The game is just pure awful. The developers lie consistently about what content is in the game, they blame it on the customers, saying they are basically too stupid and should just generalize their facts for the best results. It's also close to impossible to get a refund on this game.

Do yourself a favor - Just type in WarZ controversy in Google and you'll get all the facts you need to steer clear of this awful, deceitful, scam of a game.
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    After 2 hours I asked for refund, and fortunately got my money back. This "game" is in pre-alpha stage, animations are terrible, dev's are using hacks on public http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eOrNAKJbHpc#t=453s and calling players "faggots" http://www.gamespot.com/news/the-war-z-producer-calls-campers-fgots-6398729
    Game description on steam is lying, they are
    turning this game into pay 2 win. Expand
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    Long story short, this game is a giant scam. They made it so you have to constantly buy microtransactions. The game has been removed from Steam because of this. DO NOT BUY IT! Do not support these greedy conmen. Its so bad that the devs have come on this site giving it scores of 10. They are pathetic.
  31. Jul 18, 2013
    This game is the WAR Z they changed the name and did nothing else,. The old metacritic score was 20/100 and they changed the game's name to hide that fact and try to fool potential buyers. This game is just as bad as it was before and the devs are just as big slime balls as before. They are deleting posts in the Steam forums to hide the fact their game is horrid and EXTREMELY poor and badly supported. Expand
  32. Feb 22, 2013
    This game is horrible. Seriously don't buy it. It takes a lot of time and a lot of luck just to get a gun, but most of the time another players kills you before you even find one. I bought an item from the market and I didn't even get it. This game is crap and the company should give everyone that bought it refunds.
  33. Dec 19, 2012
    "There is no such thing as 'release' for an online game" ~Sergey Titov

That quote directly from the dev basically sums up everything wrong here. The steam store page for this game is laden with lies about what this game will deliver. For instance "the game supports up to 100 players". No, the game supports a maximum of 50 players on a server. They also say the game's maps are between
    100 and 400 square km, when at MOST there are some that are a maximum of 100 square km. The dev's official response to the accusation that this was a lie? "Okay -- if text is saying "up to 100 players" -- yes, I may imagine situation when somebody will say "okay it HAVE TO BE 100." "Over 100 sq km" falls in "100 to 400" right?". These are direct quotes taken from a gamespot interview with the dev. To sum it up - the game was released in alpha stage quality, the devs later called it a "foundation release". It's a sloppy, buggy game, that is selling complete lies. This is NOT an MMO, this game does NOT support 100 players, the maps are NOT 100 to 400km. THERE IS ALSO NO SKILL TREE. Also should you die in the game you must pay REAL MONEY to respawn, or wait 4 hours.

This game is one of the most falsely advertised products I have ever encountered, and I can only hope legal action is taken to force the developer to fully refund those duped by their marketing lies.
  34. Feb 21, 2013
    hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, Expand
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    so i purchased this horrifically broken Day Z "clone"(lol) with the extra 2100 gp, installed it, fired it up, and within the first 10 mins of playing died and lost all the 2100 gp worth of shiny new in-game crap that i had just purchased after i encountered the world's worst lag spike that i've ever seen in a game. this game is such a broken, jumbled pile of dog droppings with graphics that would look dated 10 years ago, terrible AI, glitchy gameplay and environments, etc...pretty much this turd of a game isn't even ready for an open beta let alone be on store shelves. and on top of that the game's devs are lashing out at it's customers for calling them out for falsely advertising aspects of the game as selling points that just aren't there. honestly, f*** this game and go play Day Z Expand
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is a scam and most of the features are a complete rip-off from Day Z. Gameplay and graphics are terrible. Players banned for no reason just to make more money. Avoid!
  37. Jul 20, 2013
    The only thing Infested in this game are the hackers. I honestly think a 0 doesn't do justice. There is nothing good about this game. I spent 15$ back in January and had a little bit of fun thinking I just sucked for about 2 weeks only to fight out that the game is literally littered with hackers. Don't believe me? Look at their Twitter page. It posts every account they have banned and it's already well over 3k. Think that's a good sign? Nope because this game goes on sale for 3$ every other weeks and hackers completely stock up and blow half of their McDonalds paycheck on more accounts.

Also, do not believe that introduction clip or screen shots that you see on Steam. It is an absolute lie and they are devs running around with insanely rare loot that they spawned just to make the clip. The screen shots look cool, right? Wrong. Everything about them screenshots is faked. Some of the places you see aren't in the game, some of the gear you see isn't in the game, and all of the zombies that have their hands up is a complete lie. The zombie run at you with their arms completely down at their sides. If you look closely you can see they froze a zombie and twisted and bent their arms to make it look like it's reaching at you.

This game is also extremely pay to win. You are at a massive disadvantage if you do not drop hundreds of dollars in to this game. It's not even an affordable pay to win game. For 5$ you can get maybe 10 bandages that will only heal you through maybe 10 bullets, that's assuming the person stops and allows you to heal mid fight before shooting you again. Don't want to go to bandage route? Maybe some ammo? Good luck. 5$ might get you 2 clips of ammo. Now you are probably thinking, "I'll just find that in the game, no worries." Wrong. Wrong as can be. You would be lucky to find a handful of M4s in a week of looting (having months of experience with the best Melee weapons and kiting mechanics).

I would also like to add that there is no such thing as teaming up in this game. Unless you have real life friends that have this or go online and find a clan willing to accept new players you are totally screwed. Everyone in this game shoots on sight because they feel the need to have to. That's just how the game is designed.

This game is just cash cow and please don't give Hammerpoint any money. Please. This is the most pathetic game I've ever seen made and all of the devs want nothing but your money. If you post ANYTHING wrong about the game on their forums it is deleted. Well I kind of take that back. Their devs got so fed up with it that they actually just gave up and don't use their forums for feed back. It's kind of a place just to go to let some of your anger out that you experienced playing that hunk of game.
  38. Dec 19, 2012
    A friend bought this game and gave us the guest keys and we all played together. This game is the biggest piece of **** i have ever played. We **** died randomly while walking(we didn't get shot or hacked, Just random fall damage while WALKING on a FLAT SURFACE). DayZ Standalone is such a better choice than this once it comes out soon. It has so much better graphics and gameplay. This is literally the worst game i have played in my life, and I've played a lot of ****ty games. Expand
  39. Dec 28, 2012
    This game would be fine if the developers would admit that the game is in very early alpha stages still, rather than trying to market the game as a finished product. Really though at this point, after having seen the true colors of the development team and the terrible customer service and unprofessional attitude they all have, there is no way I will be spending money on this game in the future. Picked it up at launch, did a charge back with my credit card company within 2 hours. Stay away from this game, if you want a similar game try the DayZ mod for ARMA2, its in alpha still I believe but at least the devs are open about it and not trying to screw you out of a bunch of cash. Expand
  40. Jan 25, 2013
    Terrible game that is only further backed up by their customer support. War Z is not ready for official release by a long shot and should have never been released. Avoid this game like the plague. Maybe in a year or two will it be semi-functional based on their recent updates.
  41. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is an awful mess of an alpha which was said to be a full game. They blatantly lied about the features on their steam page, so much so that steam took it down and is investigating them. On top of that the support that they give to their customers is **** They basically tell you that you won't get a refund and threaten to put you on a blacklist for asking for a refund. They stole their TOS from LoL and only recently changed it. The guy "Sergei" who is the head of this game happened to design the engien for big rigs, you know? The worlds worst game, the game where the box says you will be transporting illegal cargo and racing cops despite that never happening, and how the trucks you race against have no ai so they sit in spawn. Yeah, worst game ever and this guy who made the engine is the lead on this game. This game is what you get when a couple of scummy no good **** decide to, instead of build on what rocket made (Day Z) decide to take their terrible F2P combat arms rip off and turn it into a open world zombie game, falsely advertise it, and the only innovation they do is adding a micro transaction shop to get more money out of customers. DO NOT BUY IT. The forums are like a damn gulag. DON'T BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  42. Mar 7, 2013
    Seriously do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. The price was reduced to less than $15 in order to squeeze as much money from the game before it dies. I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems.
  43. Jul 18, 2013
    Awful game. Awful support. They encourage you to buy microtransaction items that are only usable once. Then they'll ban you if you even ask for support or questions about bugs in the game. Terribly managed and executed.
  44. Dec 19, 2012
    This is an awful game where you spend a large amount of time moving about slowly, only to be killed by some "tough guy" who can use bots and exploits.
  45. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is an utter mess. Who would want to play this and if you would like to play this, why?! First off, it has horrible controls, bad graphics, badly optimized, dumb broken AI and what more? Well, it was on Steam and it came back to Steam which is probably the worst thing ever to come to my mind. It's over priced for such a bad game. It is also a rip off of DayZ, the awesome mod for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. Worst game of 2012. One more thing to mention: IT WAS MADE BY THE CREATORS OF BIG RIGS OVER THE ROAD RACING, which is a bad thing because the game is the worst game I have ever played in my entire life, along with Extreme Paintbrawl. Expand
  46. Dec 19, 2012
    There is no game. In fact, developpers are only thieves and swindlers who played with the desires of the players. The list of them misdeeds is oppressive, everything carries to believe that it is not only a question that of incompetence but well and truly an organization dedicated to earn money explitant the credulity of gamers.
  47. Apr 2, 2013
    Don't buy this game! It's a cash cow, a scam. The producers abused the hype arround the really good game "dayz" to rip the consumers off.
    - extremely bad and boring game world, invisible borders, huge distances with no variety and no things to find, unrealistic and bad item spawns, no swimming not even short distances (through a small stream)
    - boring gameplay, only deathmatch and no
    interaction between the players (except clans), many cheaters, dumb zumbies, the players move way too slow so the distances seem even longer than they are already
    - so many features that have been announced which will never be in the game only to get the people's money, all the screenshots on the developper's site look interesting but they're all fake.
    - boring graphics
    - ingame shop: people who spend the most money have advantages (for a f2p game it may be ok but we already payed for the game).
    - the whole game seems to be unfinished
    Again: Save the money, don't buy this game!
  48. Jul 22, 2013
    I honestly wish I read reviews before purchasing this game, I started off creating an account and 20 minutes later after actually managing to connect to servers I begin so you can understand my frustration when the game froze after 6 minutes forcing me to power off my PC (Ctrl+Alt+Del and a hard restart wouldn't work), I then started it again and noticed my character was killed when I powered off my PC so I either had to wait an hour or pay for my character to be re-spawned so instead I created another player and once again 10 minutes in it froze so I gave up and checked on their forums, apparently they have problems with hacks and also one dedicated player got banned and accused of being a hacker and got told where to go when he contacted the developers.

Appalling game that the game developers couldn't care less about, my tip is wait for Day Z to come out as this is a poor mans rip off!!
  49. Apr 1, 2013
    I really can't add to anything hasn't already been stated hundreds of times before. Broke game, can't swim, extolling money for pay to win items, hackers galore, banning people regardless of what they were doing, and generally horrible business practices... Stay away from this game and company at all costs.
  50. Dec 20, 2012
    if you have a cheap computer i recomend running this game on that computer and setting that computer on fire it will buff your charisma for one hour with the gods favour.
  51. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is absolutely horrible. Horrible textures, horrible animations, horrible map, horrible physics and on top of it all pay to win. It is also filled with hackers and glitchers.
  52. Feb 26, 2013
    This game is absolutely terrible. It is being marketed and is on sale as if it were a full game when it's really still in alpha development phase. The developers are already cashing in on those who are unlucky enough to fall for the false promises made on this game. It's also extremely pay-to-win. After forking over real cash for fake credit, you and another player can have a wallet battle, where each person pays to respawn faster in order to regain the loot they lost. Eventually, someone gives up and loses their stuff to the other guy or runs out of money, and the developers have gotten the players to spend potentially huge amounts of money for absolutely nothing. It also robs the players of any reward they may have received by doing well unless they're willing to pay up to the developers in order to get their character to respawn faster than the other guy. Expand
  53. Dec 19, 2012
    Buyer Beware, this game fails to deliver! The developers lie about features and the graphics and animations are awful. Don't support these people. I wasted $20 on this game, so don't make the same mistake I did. AVOID AT ALL COST!
  54. Dec 19, 2012
    "A Zombie MMO! isn't that great?" DON'T BE FOOLED, the game is far from a MMO, I dont know what the Devs were thinking but they even ripped off the League of Legends EULA, seriously, EVEN their PROMO SCREEN has ripped off images from The Walking Dead, what we have here is just an attempt of getting your HARD earned money with blatantly lies and misinformation, I repeat: RESEARCH about the game first, it was removed from Steam because of the lies they've written, the game is full of hackers and lacking the content that was promised in the game info. Expand
  55. Dec 20, 2012
    The War Z is far from finished/polished. I've had my fair share of fun but only to be ruined the next minute because of either hackers or dying from a 1 feet fall. It's buggy and not worth a single penny in my opinion. Worst release I've seen in years.
  56. Dec 21, 2012
    These developers should straighten up and do their work properly. This is a GREAT concept being drained down the toilet. I really hope some real people will start thinking about a game like this, maybe they will manage not to screw things up.
  57. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is a bait and switch, where the customer is the mark. Hammerpoint sells their games as if it was a feature-complete game, while it is, for all practical purposes, in alpha-stage. That is quite apart from the blatant lies in the marketing (still present on the WarZ homepage, nevermind the Steam store page) and the ludicrous claim that it is an "MMO".
  58. Jan 16, 2013
    Too many bugs, game needs major polishing. Also the game is loaded with hackers that face barely any penalties, so everyone's doing it. In turn making the game a very unpleasant experience.
  59. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is essentially the story of the mad king. But first we need to understand the background of the company. The entire games history is half truths and down right lies. According to their forum rules you must not "Steal Copywrited Work" unfortunately this doesn't seem to apply to them. Not only did they STEAL League of Legends ToS - the best part is they left the link of league of legends inside the terms of service for War Z. Then their great zombie logo is actually stolen screen grabs from the t.v show The Walking Dead photoshoped. Oh but lets get onto the game. The War Z is actually just a Mod of War Inc.. A Free 2 Play game owned by the parent company Hammer Point. Essentially what they tried to do is the reverse of DayZ. In DayZ's case, they used most of the models and gameplay concepts from ARMA 2 and released a mod with a few changes. In WarZ's case it was almost the opposite. You are actually paying for the Mod. They used alot of the assets and same engine from War Inc., changed a few things around, and made you pay for the mod Instead. Essentially if you played War Inch, add a bunch of zombies and shoot, an you got War Z. Now onto the business side of War Z. War Z has a great reputation for banning dissenters. You say anything bad anywhere, your account gets banned - no reason given. Essentially its like a mad king killing those who oppose him. Not only that, this king blames his subjects for "mis-reading" his words, instead of manning up saying he didn't correctly explain the product description. So if you want to support a company that steals other products, blames its customers, bans accounts without reason. Support War Z. Otherwise Down with the King. Expand
  60. May 12, 2013
    the war z is nothing but an impudently scam. lying about production and releasing a totally bugged and unfinished game which does NOT contain the promised features. they charge money to rent your own server and what? you can not even control your own server! if you want items or weapons on YOUR OWN server you have to PAY for them on your own server. that is so unbelievable impudent!
  61. Dec 18, 2012
    I purchased War Z back in October and I ordered the Legendary addition. Shiny badge was almost enough for me as it was.. The GC was a bonus and I liked the concept of the Stronghold servers. But even so, this game has its problems. Here are the major issues: Hackers, DeV team clashing with their fragile community, features and updates are NOT being flushed out in a more organized and reasonable fashion, Hammerpoint has been pulling off a lot of questionable moves and comments that have many in the community extremely worried.

What Hammerpoint needs to do from here now is take a serious look at themselves and see what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong. Communication to the community on the War Z forums should be more important than third party gaming news websites interviews.. yes.. we know about those. Second, they need to crack down on these hackers. Go after the source, not just the problem. Start going after these sites that are creating and SELLING these hacks. Isn't it against the law to illegitimately hurt another business and their products?

Then from their, they need to get organized.. big time! They need to quit dishing out small patches and start going big, add NEW things.. Like how Minecraft does it. Then patch what gets broken later.

This game has potential still to be great. There is still time for them to fix this and they have to start, NOW!
  62. Dec 18, 2012
    having the potential of becoming an "Okay" zombie game if there are PvE mode, because PvP is very much out of hand in this game. Too many server hoppers and people with awesome gears mowing down new players, thus making the game unplayable for new comers.

Also many glitches not been fixed, along with cheaters..

Although if you find a friendly group or playing with a group of trusted
    friends, this game is pretty fun..until the cheaters show up and kill you all with a flying aimbot. Expand
  63. Dec 18, 2012
    Well, I am a big fan of the game. But the game is far from beeing amazing. The thing is ppl from Hammerpoint say that they listen to us and everything. That's BS! Example: A lot of ppl are angry with the game atm, specially because of it price on STEAM. At the Forums, there were 20 posts out of 30 of ppl complaining on something. What Sergey does? He post that He listen to us and the majority of ppl are saying that they agree with what Hammerpoint is doing. REALLY? majority? BS!
    Oh, they say that they answer our e-mails and gives attention to all of us. another big BS. still waiting for an answer on my e-mail 2 weeks so far. About a problem that I've had.
    This game has problems since day 1, that everybody realized it, just as Hammerpoint ppl did, but they so far done NOTHING against it. example? Server Hopper. This makes the game even less survival and more pvp than it should. Don't take me wrong, I love the pvp in the game. But the Hopping makes ppl just loot and PVP. I can do that on COD, without the need of waste time hopping. Me just like many others are still here because we believe tha the changes will come.
    ppl from Hammerpoint never keep to it promisses. They never release things on the day they say they would. I won't even talk about hacker. Just the fact that Hammerpoint employees are trash when it comes to hack situation.
    Honesyl, I love The War Z. Just not the ppl behind it. I play the game since its first day. Hours and hours daily. with a nice clan. And just like me, they are waiting for the day that ppl from Hammerpoint will start doing things right.
  64. Dec 19, 2012
    I purchased this game back in October. At first I thought it to be a neat and innovative game. The promises were fair and everything seemed the be in a place where this game could deliver big. Oh how wrong that all was. Myself and a friend were both banned from the WarZ forums because we voiced articulate dislike for the mistreatment of us the players and how the game was failing to deliver. We didn't get warned or anything we were both permbanned. This was happening on the steam forums too until the entire forum was deleted. Then the recent interviews with the game's developer and lead designer. The refusal to give refunds, the lying and false claims, the blatant lack of appreciation for us the players supporting him and so much more has made me never EVER want anything to do with it ever again. I will NEVER support ANY game/idea/product from this person/developer again. I would not touch their product even if they offered to pay me. The game play is mediocre. The graphics are sub standard, there is nothing memorable about the game itself. If it were just that I wouldn't feel so bad being out my money. But then We the players got kicked while we were down... repeatedly... The WarZ has been uninstalled and I am not looking back. I signed up for metacritic JUST to write this review because people need to know they type of dirty, scummy, grimy, less than human A- Hole the dev team has been toward the gaming community as a whole. Please do not buy this game, don't even try it at a friends place. This should be avoided at ALL costs. I am sorry I didn't do enough due diligence and I will never make this mistake again.

-Sincerely-

A very disgruntled gamer.
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a disgrace to the Steam platform and gaming itself. By false advertising they've promised features, that don't even exist in the game. Private servers? Not implemented. Hardcore mode? Not implemented. 100-400km² in size? Colorado has 75km² at best.
    100 players per server? 50 slots is the actual limit.

All "Screenshots" on the sales page are FAKED. None of these is an
    actual screenshot. This is just an abysmal cashgrab. Don't get fooled by shady business ethics. Expand
  66. Dec 19, 2012
    Short answer - Absolutely terrible game made my terrible people.

Long answer - The Steam page falsely advertises with mocked-up screenshots, features that don't exist in game, and so on. The game is far from finished, and the steam page does NOTHING to acknowledge this. The fact that this game has micro-transactions on top of the purchase price is a kick in the teeth as-is; the fact
    that those micro-transactions are lost on death of your character is even more ridiculous. This is a game genre where you're expected to die, so the in-game store is just a blatant cash-grab.

Speaking of dying, if you die, then your character goes on cooldown and you need to wait 4 hours to use it again... unless you feel like paying real money to instantly revive. Add that on top of the game being buggy as hell, painful to look at, poorly optimized, fundamentally broken, and more, and you have quite possibly the worst game of 2012.

And finally, to top it all off, the devs seem to believe it's a good idea to ban anyone from both the forums and the game itself for spreading the word that this game is absolute **** They also threaten to put certain people on a payment blacklist for the company that handles their micro-transactions; in other words, because the WarZ devs don't like you, they will try to tell the company they work with that you're not a trustworthy customer and that company will no longer accept your payments for ANY game, not just WarZ. Oh, and they're refusing refund requests.

Yeah, it's that horrible. Don't waste your money on this garbage.
  67. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is literally the worst thing I have ever seen. I don't even know where to begin with this. Even at that, anything I could mention has probably already been mentioned everywhere else on the Internet. But let's just get down to business; this game is literally not worth a single penny. From the beginning the playerbase was promised features and lo and behold when the game is officially released everyone is stuck dealing with placeholders and broken hopes. This game is no better in it's current state than it was in it's alpha. In fact, the ironic part is a lot of the features in the game currently are STILL IN ALPHA. The reviews are pouring in and if you have rated this positively I legitimately feel sorry for you and would like you to know that you are in the minority. This game is an abomination in every sense of the word. The developers literally had to be called out in front of the whole Internet before they changed the false claims on the steam description page and EVEN STILL, if you read the GameSpy review with Sergey, the 'lead developer of the game,' he blatantly ignores the fact that his game is incomplete and nothing but lies. I cannot even begin to continue with this review because I am so appalled by the business principles and overall general attitude of Sergey Titov and the rest of Hammerpoint Interactive. Congratulations, guys, you are absolutely what is killing gaming as we know it today. Expand
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    Did you like Day Z? Well take that free ARMA2 mod. Now charge money for it. Except take out the things that made it good. Now add micro-transactions for items that you buy with real money and go bye bye when you get killed. Make the map (singular) smaller.

In no way should this game have been released in it's current state. Seriously just wait for the Day Z standalone release.
  69. Dec 19, 2012
    Its a scam everyone don't buy into it! Don't waste your hard earned money supporting the dev's known for the terrible, unplayable game "Big Rigs". Give actual deserving developers your money.
  70. Dec 19, 2012
    The WarZ. Atrocious, horrific (and as far as i'm concerned downright illegal) customer service coupled with a shoddy unfinished 'game'. Buy at your peril and do not give constructive criticism about the game or you may very well get banned, no matter how polite you give it.
  71. Dec 19, 2012
    A lot of people are looking forward to the dayz stand alone release so when they see Warz it may appear to be something to do in the mean time. Do not be fooled gamers! This game is asking you to pay for a terrible imitation that is worse than dayz in every single aspect. However the reason this game deserves the zero is because the devs out right lie about the content of the game as well as releasing screenshots that portray events that are impossible to come by. On top of these lies they have a micro transaction system that would have you pay large amounts of money for items that A:You loose on death, and B: Can find quite easily in the open. Simply avoid this train wreck of a piece of software that deserves nothing less than total removal from the steam shop and refunding provided to all the poor fools who purchased it. Expand
  72. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought this game while Alpha was running, normal package (15 bucks ) at the end of October. We are december now, and no real updates have happened. And its still in Alpha, by now I'v lost hope that any of the features they promised will become realty. -The game's core mechanics do not feel 'survival' at all. You get rewarded for beating people in the face with a flashlight so you can grab their ammo. These so called core mechanics are why the game fails for me, I could care less about servers with 100 people, and not knowing who's standing in front of you is dumb but I can deal. But no, if you'v played games that encourage Co-op youd clearly know this is not one of them. This game is not a zombie survival game. -Its downright an agony to play with friends or Co-Op with people you don't know.Its hard to get on the same server, you can't make a party to chat with them in private or see where they are. There are also no nametags above anyone's head. Have fun guessing who your talking too. -There is no PVE, period. Exept for 'AI'dead zombies, the world is entirely empty. Yes that incudes the safezones, it was apparently to much work to put some idling NPC survivors there. -the Dev's are a joke ,if you haven't read this you should; http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

-false advertising ; I bought a game ,but its noting like the site had me believing it was. Sadly enough I bought it before there could be 'lets plays' as I thought I'd be paying less then other people. Looks like I was wrong. They are now selling it for less then 15 bucks on steam. Beware the screenshots ! I only made this account to review WarZ and hopefully get it true to people that this game is not worth your money. Go see a movie ! Buy some popcorn and a drink, you'll have more worth for your money then spending it on this thing that they dare calling a game.
  73. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a buggy and unfinished cash-grab scam attempt. The Steam page fails to mention this game is still an Alpha build of the game missing a lot of the features advertised on the same Steam page. The developers are banning people at random so they have to purchase the game again. The whole thing is a farce, don't buy it.
  74. Dec 19, 2012
    Treat this "game" as if it were radioactive, stay very, very far away from it. The game itself isn't finished, it reflects beta or alpha version of a similar product, and don't get me started on its micro-transaction system - nothing short of extortion.
  75. Dec 19, 2012
    I cant belive what they just do whit this game, is just the WORST GAME EVER, i really want my money back, steam reputation y going down for this game. WORST GAME EVER, isnt even finished. I mean I EFFING PAY FOR A BETA!...
  76. Dec 19, 2012
    Would not recommend this game. Probably the worst game of 2012. (It is based on War Inc. Check that out on steam before buying.) - Poor animations. The player models moves really awkward. - Zombie AI bad and predictable. - Textures are low-res and looks like they have been ported from a 90 's game. - Poor weapon behavior. Almost no recoil, instant switch etc. - The attachment UI is a direct copy from Crysis.
    - Sounds are low quality and in some cases really awkward. For example, when you are next to a few trees the ambient sound reminds me off a dense rain forest with tropical birds.
    - Map design is horrible. Many choke points that forces PVP. Smaller than the devs said it would be.
    - Lack of features and end-game content.
    - You can't drive cars, fly copters etc.
    - An insane amount of hackers.
    - The developers are turning the game into a Pay-2-win bit by bit. - There is no real survival aspect. You can buy food, drinks, weapons and medical supplies with real money. You can also horde all your gear and supplies in a global inventory.

I could go on forever,, you get the point. Don't buy.
  77. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is not sold as advertised and is a blatant cash grab. It is badly made and has so many things wrong (bugs/poor graphics/bad game mechanics etc) with it that I am stunned that Steam put it in their store. Also, a new feature has been added that prevents your character from respawning for 4 hours after death unless you pay real life cash! Allegedly, the EULA contains a clause stating 'NO REFUNDS'. Do not buy. Expand
  78. Dec 19, 2012
    misleading sales arguments, hacker infested game, severe censorship on forums, illegal TOS.

I bought the game and highly regret this but bought it before it really came out so that was my mistake. Don't make the same mistake as I did by buying this 'scam'
  79. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the game is a **** **** not buyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Expand
  80. Dec 19, 2012
    It's painfully obvious now: the sole purpose of this game's existence is to rob gullible player's money. There's no mention of game being at beta state (it feels like alpha if you ask me) in the Steam store page, only few features listed are actually in the game etc.
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    Oh where to start! First of all the optimization is horrible in the game, even with a core i7-3930k and dual gtx 670's I get horrible frame rates. The lag in this game is horrendous which does not help with the poor controls. Respawn rate is extremely long which they are allowing you to bypass by actually charging you to respawn sooner. The game is being sold with lies on the product description on steam which has been changed but still have things listed that are not in the game like hardcore mode. Purchase with caution as it seems they are rushing this out to secure more funds to actually finish the games so right now you are getting a broken game with the "promise" of things being promised added later on. Expand
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    in a just and righteous world the devs of warz would be rounded up and shot in the street. if you are looking for a zombie MMORPG then you should look elsewhere. This game is not Massive and has no Role Playing. It is merely a MOG, not a MMORPG
  83. Dec 19, 2012
    I am shocked that they released a game which is in alpha with several bugs and advertise it as a full release. Avoid this game at all costs if you value your money.
  84. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought the "Legend" package for The War Z, their highest offering, on the day the game was first made available to the public. I had reasonable expectations for the game and was excited about another offering in this genre having played DayZ for months and loving every minute of it. I knew that The War Z was just going to be a simplified, "easier," version of DayZ that had more of a classic FPS feel to it that most gamers are familiar with as opposed to the mil-sim backbone dayz is based on. I figured I would just play both games, that I'd be able to enjoy them both for their own strengths....but The War Z has NO strengths. It's terrible. The zombies are less of a threat than the boars of the woods of c=Chernarus. I'll admit I died when i met my first zed during alpha due to me not realizing you need to hit their head in order for them to actually die (a nice touch, I'll admit), but once you realize you can stunlock pretty sizeable groups of zombies with a crappy flashlight and just kite them around you'll see them for what they are. An incredibly minor, slight annoyance. They are boring as an enemy. Nothing more than an early warning system for other players if you hear one aggro on anther person. Its not just the zombies that are boring, either, the world itself makes me question if The War Z devs even played the game they're blatently ripping off. The backround soundtrack and ambient noises are awful. The sound quality is terrible and sometimes they play so loud that they drown out teamspeak (and they're tied to the other game sound effects like footsteps and gunfire so you cant just turn them down/off). The world itself is completely barren, there is no ambient wildlife to interact with and the cities are unimpressive at best. Most of the buildings aren't enterable and even those that are are completely empty besides their loot spawns (no tables/chairs/no evidence whatsoever that anybody had even been inside of it before you). The map is far smaller than even many of the user-made maps for DayZ let alone the official Chernarus map, and you'll routinely run into invisible walls while trying to navigate the hilly and mountainous areas that are inside the boundaries of the map. But its not just the PvE that blows. The PvP is a joke. The hacking is unbelivably rampant, but even playing legitly, I found myself completely unimpressed with the way the guns function. There is no bullet drop, but there is an arbitrary bullet cone which makes most longer range engagements an excersice in frustration. There is also no in-game voice chat, only text, so there are no tense situations asking if another person is friendly anymore, it's a shoot-on-sight fragfest (even more so than DayZ turned into if you can believe it. After all, who in their right mind is going to give up control of their toon to type for a moment?). Their "global inventory" and in-game inventory means there is no survival aspect of the game anymore. An assualt rifle takes up the exact same inventory slot as a can coke and most items stack so carrying 20 guns, 400 bandages, and 30 sets of binoculars is an easy feat and leads to global inventories with hundreds of weapons, armor, backpacks, and an absurd amount of medical supplies (which you can equip new characters through, meaning once youve got a good stash going a brand new character can spawn with assault rifles, backup pistols, huge packs, full body armor, and enough medical supplies to cure AIDS in all of Africa).

This is missing everything from DayZ that made it such an engrossing experience. It's missing a believable world, it's missing the player interactions that made dayz such a heart pounder, and there is even less to do in game than there is in the DayZ mod.

tl:dr - The War Z brings nothing new to the table and sets the FPS genre back 10 years. Don't waste your time. Wait for DayZ standalone if the survival/horror genre interests you or just play L4D or COD/BF if the action/arcade genre is what you want.
  85. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is utter garbage, specially when they have the audacity to charge money for a clearly uncompleted game (with no indication that this is clearly an alpha version of a game). DON'T BUY IT!
  86. Apr 9, 2013
    Do not buy this game, cheap copy of Day Z made to make money. They lied to sell more copies of the game and they are ignoring all criticism by blocking/banning people from the game, forums, steam community and more. Textures are horrible, assets are taken directly from War Inc. and zombie AI is brainless. There are also a lot of hackers in game.
  87. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z copied most things from their previous Game "The War Inc" they adde only a bigger map and zombies .. They said The War Z was in Devolpment 2 Years ( before DayZ ) that is a lie .

The Screenshots on their Sites are only Concept Arts = so another Lie

The War Z on Facebook begs for likes ..
  88. Dec 19, 2012
    Even if you ignore the fact that the developers of this game lied about its included features to get more sales, even if you ignore the fact that this game is a blatant cash grab (with features such as charging you real money to shorten the 4 hour long respawn timer (yes you read that correctly)), even if you ignore the fact that the game is clearly not finished with mountains of bugs and a plethora of broken features, even if you ignore the fact that the developers response to criticism is to insult the players in interviews, to delete critical messages in the Steam forums and to force players to agree to terms of service which disallows refunds before you're allowed to play, it's still a terrible game that would not be out of place in the clearance bin at a dollar store. If I gave this game to a friend as a joke gift they would never speak to me again and probably burn my house down for good measure. If when I started the game my pc monitor had exploded and thousands of glass shards had torn my face to pieces, making me blind, deaf and unable to taste anything for the rest of my life, I would still have had a better experience than having to play this interminable game.

Most of my anger at the shoddiness of this game is not directed at the developers though, since they are clearly either educationally subnormal or moderately competent scam artists. Most of my anger is directed at Steam for allowing this shoddy, unfinished game onto their service and taking their 30% cut of the sales. I never thought I would say this, but I cannot see myself purchasing anything through Steam again unless this insult to gamers is removed from their service.

Do not buy this game, you will regret it.
  89. Dec 19, 2012
    this game is crappy, it is really a huge scam don't buy it, just wait for the DayZ standalone, like i am even tho i never played the actual mod if Arma 2 co will be on sale i will get it just for the mod
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    Utter trash, poorly optimized abysmal textures and horrid gameplay. It is nothing put a cheap poorly made cash grab. You have to purchase the game then spend more real world money on items in the in game store. Basic features such as clans support cost extra, the feature list is a complete lie with 90% of the features not being in game at all. This game was thrown together in 3 months to cash in on the popularity of dayz and it shows in every way. Expand
  91. Dec 19, 2012
    Not that my review is necessary, but I would like to say one thing: this developer includes the man who made the video game "Big Rigs". Need I say more? Google it, you'll understand rather quickly.
  92. Dec 19, 2012
    This game represents the epitome of garbage. I bought this game a couple of weeks ago, as a friend convinced me to do so. It was fun for the first couple hours, I will give it that, as I had yet to run into any hackers, which changed quickly. Yes, hackers are as abundant as they are annoying, especially when you get shot through a wall. Super awesome, that is. Randomly tabs me back to the desktop, dying whilst logging in to a character, dying whilst walking down a small incline, an inescapable logout screen when you want to disconnect that can take anywhere from 10-30 seconds to complete ... which is more than enough time for someone to happen upon you and kill you.

This game is also an Alpha marketed as a finished product, which was then expounded upon by the creator saying that every MMO is never finished. This is a giant cop-out.

Never buy this. Punch your grandparents instead. Or throw a puppy into a woodchipper. Do something. Anything. Just don't buy this game.
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    Bad game. Shameless egotistic developer who thinks he can have his ways and doesn't understand the concept of false advertising at all. Oh and his communication skill sucks balls too.
  94. Dec 19, 2012
    This game was made to take your money, plans to stop dev. after 6 months of release. Proof that admins abuse in game, and spawn items. Unfair ban hammers. This game is nothing like what its advertised as. DO NOT BUY.
  95. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game of all time, big flat out lies, scamZ. Waiting for another good game to come out... Bought this for more than $30 and it sucks, SAME SH*T AS THE PRE-ALPHA VERSION!!! DON'T BUY THIS GAME!!!
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    it's a money-grabbing scam, trying to ride on DayZ's band wagon.
    There's a lot of things that "look" and "feel" better than DayZ but when it come to game play and partitions, it's boils down to money grabbing.

At first, they had 1 hour respawn for each character, now it's 4 hours with a "button" to respawn via payment. ....4 hours! You can create 5 characters but the 4 hours isn't
    going to work because some players like to troll by sniping other players for no good reason.

Not worth getting.
  97. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is fraudulent. It is still in Alpha/Beta stages yet it is being sold as if it is fully featured with minimal bugs. If you want to get a refund, the company forces you to sign a TOS agreement that states that no matter what you do or say, you AGREE to not ever getting a refund. So even if they decide to go belly up or ban you for no reason, you can't get any restitution for it. Complete crap. AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Expand
  98. Dec 19, 2012
    It is a scam. Search google for "War Z scam". They didn't delivered what was promised. It has only a single map. It has no skills, no clans, boring gameworld.
  99. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible, horrible game. Its a quick cash in on the success of the Day Z mod. The games severely broken, filled with numerous bugs and glitches and completely populated by hackers and cheaters. Developer support has been terrible. Youre banned from the forums for voicing concerns about the game and game accounts are randomly banned as well. We were promised so many features of the game that never arrived. I asked for a refund for the game per the agreement and they just resort to ignoring me. Dont waste your money on this pile of garbage. Expand
  100. Dec 19, 2012

-Sincerely-

A very disgruntled gamer.

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.