1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3931 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    Stay WELL CLEAR of this so called 'Game'
    Utter disappointment! Lies on the Steam Store Page, trying to blame the customer for Misreading the information - meanwhile, it has now been corrected. Game is unplayable. When you die, you have to wait 4 hours to be-able to play again, or pay REAL money to revive that character instantly with GC ( In game currency which you have to buy) ( you can
    create 5 Characters)

Do your research on the game to find out THE TRUTH about this 'so called' game.
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    Buggy horrible mess, not sold as advertised! Not a complete game (still in alpha/beta but sold as complete), one of the worst purchases I have ever made.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    I enjoy the game but i feel kinda scammed, game photos aren't in game footage. I bought the game cuz it sound like a good idea playing with friends but you can find cheaters that ruin your gameplay! Also the game will become into a Pay2Win. If this game doesn't get better it will have the worst metascore, and will have no people playing... Developers must work in the game before selling it...
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a scam and it's horrible. Steam should pull it from being sold. The features listed aren't actually in the game and they neglect to mention it's an unfinished POS. Pic very related http://i.imgur.com/j9Q3f.jpg
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a scam, unprofessional developers, made to quickly raise money and shut down project.
    Many cheaters, many lies from developers, unkept promises, false bans
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is insult to all decent people! Idea is stolen, graphics sucks, game mechanics feels like you play retarded soldier, there is also micro-transaction system where you can buy guns which you can lost after death (!!!!). Even name is derivative of DayZ. This is shameful and immoral. Total spit into the face of consumers.
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    Avoid like the plague. Cash grab. False advertizing. Hacker friendly devs. Shady business practices and sleazy developers. Pay to win microtransactions and if you die you lose all the items that you bought, even in Normal mode. 4 hour respawn time and you have to pay money to respawn faster. DO NOT BUY.
  8. Dec 19, 2012
    The developers are draconian in their treatment of the player base. They set up "traps" in game such as super rare items. If you pick up the super rare item (which is lying in the open where anyone can get it) you receive a lifetime ban from the game, no appeal possible.
  9. Dec 19, 2012
    What an utter piece of crap! Show up naked in the wilderness with an empty backpack, no food, no weapon? Search for hours to find a **** weapon (seriously searched a ranch and trailer park and didn't find a single weapon...no axe, no hoe, no pitchform, not even a stick...) Pretty sh!tty design guys. Clipping plane problems... Geometry problems... Walk off a step and take falling damage...

Have a zed hit me from 20 feet away...

Hit a zed 37 times with a bat to kill him?...really?

You gotta be fookin' kidding me...

This is garbage!
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not purchase this. Do not support this game at all. It's absolutely sickening that they are asking for money for this game.
    The Steam description is laden with flat-out lies about the features. The game is practically unplayable. Laggy. Mind-blowingly awful graphics. Horrendous controls. Full of bugs and hackers.

This game will make you wish Steam had a "red light" feature to remove
    horrible, broken, trashy games like this so that nobody else will be scammed. Expand
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    Big scam been from 15th October got banned 3x And unbanned 3x Scamming people only Don't buy this game !!! Its a a SCAM NOthing its in game what was promised
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    Don't buy this fraud of a game. Shameless developer cashing on success of other developer... this game has nothing to do with DayZ. Misleading on Steam, then blame customer for misreading it.
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    This game was quickly put together and converted from another game, re-hashing all assets and then added functionality for monetization. This game uses every excuse it can to get you to pay more money, even after buying the game. The company lies, steals from other companies and blames its own customers for its own mistakes. Full info and proof here: http://www.mmogames.com/gamereviews/the-warz-zombie-mmo-preview/ Expand
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    This game should never of seen the light of day, a bigger money grabbing scam I don't think I've ever seen since Shamwow was on TV. Thank god this company and game for that matter is now recognized as the money-grabbing scammers they are.

- False advertisement? Check.
    - Continuously silencing paying beta testers and removing constructive criticism? Check.
    - Implementing features
    forcing players to pay microtransactions to actually play the game? Check.

Overall, I give this game a big fat 0, as they should never have been allowed to even release on Steam.
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    The developers asked me to comment on this game, to "tell [them] what [I] think" and as such I decided to sign up to this site for the first time (despite being a long reader) to truly state what I think. The WarZ is by far the most blatant scam that I have ever seen submitted to Steam. With certain aspects of the games design being clearly stolen from other products, the name designed to cause confusion between it and DayZ, the Terms of Service update to remove the possibility of a refund (against European Law I might add), the blatant censorship that has occurred within the community of the game, and, most importantly, purposely banning users that have a significant amount of playtime to try and make them buy the game a second time, this is an absolutely appalling product that should not be bought under any circumstances. When even the developers of the game, as seen in their thread (http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?79039-War-Z-on-metacritic-tell-us-what-do-you-think-!) are trying to submit positive reviews to influence the user score, you know something is very badly wrong.

The clarity with which the scam is truly clear is at such an astoundingly high level that even the details on the product description are false advertising (and despite the developers comments, there is very literally no way to interpret them as anything but what they have stated). It truly is saddening to see that this is the Top Seller on Steam at the moment and a refund is in order for all who foolishly bought this on impulse thinking it was DayZ (which is an unfortunately understandable situation). If you're going to spend any money on The WarZ it should be suing the developers for the clear scam they have released on Steam, it is absolutely not worth a purchase.
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a scam and it sucks. They devs lied. Do not buy this game. Save your money. The game still has areas that are in alpha. I bought the game based on the Steam description. Then they changed it. This is not what I paid for. This game is bad.
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    Slimy developer that rips off customers by decieving them and outright lying to their faces. This game is a cash-grab ripoff copy of Day Z with "pay to play" garbage added to it and needs to go die in a hole.
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    A huge scam. You pay for the game, and on top of that, after you die (so easy to get killed), you either wait 4 hours before replaying or you pay more money. Do not waste your money on this game. They are a bunch of lying thieves trying to make money out of everything. On top of that, the game in itself sucks, too many zombies, too many hackers, too many bugs, map too small and probability of finding another playing and getting killed by that player is incredibly high and graphics suck. Expand
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    Game doesn't even feel finished; in fact, it feels exactly the same as their game engine it was based on (War Inc.), but it has zombies and an item spawn system. However, as far as the developers are concerned (according to interviews), this is what the finished game should be and everything else added from now on is just icing on the cake.

It doesn't help that the game is filled with
    hackers, bugs, glitches, and a lack of trained customer service support (I don't think I've talked to any forum moderators or support members that can actually spell or write in proper sentences). You can make a new character, spawn into the game, and once loaded, already be dead (no spawn protection). Micro-transactions are pay-to-win; I'm not talking about cosmetic stuff, but the more money you put into the game, the more of an advantage you get. Example: the respawn timer after you were killed used to be 1-hour long, but post-'release', the timer was increased to 4-hours with the ability to pay 50 cash credits (bought with real money) to respawn instantly.

This game is and feels unfinished and lacks polish. However, they are currently advertising it as a foundation-level experience. No friends list, no promised skill-tree, no actual customer support, no deterrant for hackers (i.e., no anti-cheat system), constant lag on servers with more than 15 players, arbitrary bannings of players (especially if you're vocal about not liking some aspect of the game you've just purchased). Seems like a pretty weak foundation.
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    Ok, Lets start with the Developer of this game. Hammerpoint also ran by Sergay who is the worst of the worst in the game developing world, They lie a lot and never take responsibility for those lies and if anything ruins the game its how the developer handles business with this game making the game any way to make money cash cow. Also his little Sergay known as Kewk will ban you on the forums if you say anything negative about War Z and also just started banning on the steam forums. As for the game it can be fun with friends as long as you do not pay attention to the **** animations and flat textures! WTF it's going to be 2013 and if your a development team that can not make great animations and optimize a game to work well with high end graphics card and have no talent in a mmo which it is not even close to a mmo its just a open world with hours of roaming empty wilderness with closed buildings that look like people obviously took the furniture when the Virus broke out from the few homes you can enter. The game is just plain **** unless you play with other friends who bag on it while you play but then hackers come and wipe out your team because yes the game has hackers everywhere!! The worse hacking I have seen in a game in a long time! Just save your money and DO NOT BUY!!!! Expand
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    I have been playing this game since October 15th. It is, to put is simply, a great game. Yes, it is still a work in progress, with new things continually being added, but that is what you want in an MMO, right? It is a hard game for beginners, because it is a survival game and it is now just as much a pve game as a pvp one. If you can understand that you are going to die a lot while learning the ropes, you will enjoy it. Most people are upset that all the features are not there yet, but the ones that are working are great. I have watched this game develop over time and it is still one I am playing daily. Expand
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, buy this game. 15 dollars may seem cheap, but that's a lot to pay for garbage. The game is quite clearly still unfinished, and the description on the steam page is filled with outright lies. I suppose this wouldn't be so bad if the game were good as is, but surprise surprise, it isn't. I was absolutely bored to tears withing the first 50 minutes or so of booting it up. I saw more players than zombies, and even if one happened to cross my path, fighting it consisted of hitting it with a flashlight 20 times, looking at the same animation over and over again. The only thing I had to survive from in this game was boredom, and I soon started to pray that the zombies would swarm me, and the sweet embrace of death would release me from this hell.

Now normally, graphics aren't a defining factor weather a game is good or not, but dear lord, if your textures look like that mush in a jar that babies eat, it tells a lot about a game. Also, I will add that most of the models are ripped straight from their other game, War Inc, including a few animations. Now, despite your 15 dollars going straight into Sergey's bank account, he also wants to give you the gift of micro-transactions! Of course, this wouldn't be so bad, right? It's some cosmetic stuff, and you can buy weapons without having to find them. Well, if you die, you lose all the weapons you paid for with real money. If that doesn't say "I care about the money, screw you." I don't know what does. You could at least have the courtesy to make the game free and be a bit truthful, yeah?

Also, one of the people that worked on this worked on Big Rigs.
    Big.
    Rigs.

Overall, 9/10 would play again.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    Zbanowali mojego kolege permanentnie za niby haki na steamie klamia ze juz sa rzeczy ktorych nie wprowadzono na postac juz trzeba 4 godziny czekac na odrodznie albo trzeba zaplacic ! zlodzieje !!!
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    This is why gamers can't have nice things. Pay for an unfinished product, then pay again for content, then pay again to resume your game. Sheeeeesh. If this developer wanted money so bad, just put your piece of crap game up for sale at walmart for $60 then watch it go right into the "discount games" bin in a week. Mr Titov, please stop making games.
  25. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is terribly bad..
    And if you ask Dev's or Mod's anything, they will just ban you from the forums and if u do it again they will ban you in-game (permanently banned)
    You will be treated like a slave, since they got the admin power!
    Don buy this game at all!
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    I tried to think about a good way to offer my valid criticism on the game, and there is plenty. I decide instead to get a fresh perspective on it. I paid a hooker to play it for me...said it sucked more then she does. Stay away!
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    Poor design decisions and blatant lying to the customer are among the many reasons you should not be buying this game. Save your money for something better.
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible company and horrible game. If this last week hasnt told you to stay away from this game then I dont know what will. Lets hope steam take it off untill its fit for use.
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    Please don't buy and support this game. This game is a SCAM. Its a falsely advertised unfinished game with micro transactions designed to take your money. If you are really considering it at least google and read up on it first. To top it off the developers of the game are going out of their way to censor and ban anyone who's giving negative reviews or asking for a refund. It makes me sad that Valve would even consider releasing this on steam. Expand
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    Outdated graphics, contrived game play, and a physics model based on bizarro world. I'm a fan of the zombie survival genre but this game simply fails when held up to scrutiny. The many flaws takes away from any enjoyment the genre might give.
  31. Dec 19, 2012
    The first night they launched the Alpha version for us to play, it was obvious the game wasn't in devolpment for anything short of a few months, days could of even been argued. The game was just simply unplayable and obvious not being tested that much by the Devs before they released it to us. Problems like zombies not dying and flashlights being one hit kills, things you would of noticed had you actually tested the game at all before releasing anything.

But then it got slightly better, some things changed here and there and it was playable. And i actually started enjoying myself playing with my squad and hoarding stuff. But then came the hackers, making the game almost completely unplayable. You can't go an hour without encountering some **** shooting through walls or aimbotting. And YES it is that obvious when i get killed and see him looking through walls right where the rest of my squad is. Now hackers may be hit and miss for some people but it's to the point for me where whenever me and my squad go into Smallville or Clearview to secure the town and loot it, we are getting shotgun sniped or have a guy flying through walls. I see a lot of people on the forums saying that people are just calling out good players for cheating but there is a huge difference in getting outplayed and seeing someone looking through walls and flying around.

Also in the last ban wave they unbanned a bunch of people because they cried enough on the forums that they were innocent. So basically they are admitting that the anti-cheat doesn't work worth a **** and can throw false positives when detecting cheats.
  32. Dec 19, 2012
    WarZ was a game of great promise, but the continued unprofessional attitude of the developers and forum moderators have tarnished a good chunk of that. Each update adds fairly simple pointless things often with a focus on getting microtransaction features working over fixing glaring bugs and missing features, with the newest patch adding a pay to revive option. Each day this game seems more and more like a rush job and cash grab, if they ever wanted this game to actually succeed they did a poor job displaying that attitude to its customers. Expand
  33. Dec 19, 2012
    there seems to be a giant up-heap with people not liking the game.

first, do not compare this game to dayz they are not the same game nor was dayz the first of its kind for those of who remember playing dynamic zombie sandbox by craig which was out before the first mention of dayz in which i always liked dzs more then dayz. secondly, i have been trying to figure out why and how so many
    people are crying about this game when i join a server and the majority of people of each server i have played on like the game, maybe because there all off enjoying it and not crying on websites. third, how hard is it to research or gather information before you buy some thing? i have never relied on a steam description to determine a purchase for me, youtube and the thousands upon thousands of highly appreciated people who do game reviews and game play videos are available after typing a single sentence, one of the largest problems i have seen is kids buying the game then crying for a refund because they do not like the respawn time which currently sits at 4 hours upon death, well choose hardcore and have it instant delete on death and you wont have a respawn timer, however when skills are introduced you will want to keep what you earn.

forth, game play/graphics. the game play even while still being worked on is enjoyable in my opinion, i do not see how people were saying you wont ever see that many zombies in game ( steam screen shot reference ) when i have seen at least 5 hordes in just a few hours of play yesterday ( by horde i mean about 30-50+ zombies traveling in a group ) its not to hard to start adapting and finding supplies to survive and it is more recommended that you do so with friends, groups make a night and day difference especially in a game where players can simply choose to kill any one they see and be a bandit in order to survive, imo bandit groups do not last long because its not long before they start turning on each other for gear and supplies, my only current gripe with the game is the bad fall detection and not being a choice for PvE only servers as me and my friends currently playing would like to not worry about bandits and have a survival of us vs zombies game play style. the graphics i currently have set to ultra are smooth and more then pleasing enough for my taste and style, god rays coming through trees, shadows shifting through the full day and night cycle the only other thing i could ask for would be a weather system to complement the graphics and environment which would add greatly to the game.

imo for 15$ this game was quite worth it, i knew exactly what i was buying before i bought it, and i look forward to the game developing and growing over time.
  34. Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased the game, played it for a week or two. I asked for a refund the next day but was told to "wait" for the game to finish. However after recent patches, locking people out of a game they paid for while dangling "instant revives" by spending real money was the final slap in the face. The website itself says the game is not "play to win." Clearly, it is. Demanding a refund and I suggest anyone who was fooled into buying this "game" follows suit. Expand
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a good game with a company that is really bad at communicating to it's customers. There are a lot of really cool upcoming features. As of right now, aside from DayZ (which is a different play style), there are no other games like this. Take it or leave it.
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is not worth your time or money. Period. There is no reason that the developer should have released the game in it's current state. I wish I would have read all the drama surrounding this game before I wasted my money. The idea of an open world zombie game sounds great, but this game does a horrible job at it.
  37. Dec 19, 2012
    Totally fake Screenshots (several false Animations that arent in game this way, there are no use able vehicles ingame, there arent so many zombies and so and so on and so on)
    Lots of things taken from WarInc (Chars, Buildings, Weapons, Textures, Masks, the whole game Menu)
    False Story about "we had the Idea before Day Z"...sorry I dont buy that story. PvE will be only possible if you
    rent a server. On normal Servers it is Quake Arena time.
    No Skillsystem, it will come someday...maybe
    Pay2Win (Rent safe Strongholds, buy Ammo for Snipers, buy Cooldown Reduction if you die, medicine and so on) Small map. Even 50 Players are so many that you see Players every 10-15 Minutes...even in a friggin forest! How you want put 70 or even 100+ Players in it?! 30 would be maybe a good number.

MMO? Why is it called MMO? Is Arma2 also a MMO? Is Battlefield also a MMO? Its ONE small map for 50 Player. Thats all. This game is never a MMO and it wont be a MMO anytime.

Then the Story about the Mod that told the story that they want to cut the service if it doenst work out well. Yeah he took his story back and is now again best friend with the Producers. Hey i would to...if the only other way had been getting a law suit. Sure that he takes everything back.

To make it short. The most things it advertises are false! This game isnt even an alpha yet. Yeah mabye it calls itself different but it simply isnt more.

It is ONE! Map for played best with 30 Players (even if 50 are set at the moment) and with lots of Features missing and some decisions the MOd Team made the are very suspicious. Sorry, but I can only say...dont buy it at the moment! Wait and see 6-12 Months. Maybe it changed till then to the better but I would bet that the Community is dead by then or the Game put offline.
  38. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought this game thinking it would be great, judging from the game pictures they have on the site and how many people loved the arma 2 mod DayZ. However, don't let the great idea of a mmo zombie game influence you to buy this game, you WILL regret it.
    I made 7 characters, all of which died within 10 minutes from other players shooting me, which is followed by a 4 HOUR respawn time,
    after which you have nothing to eat, drink or defend yourself with. So as you can imagine, after respawning your luck doesn't change much. All in all i guess this is more of a game community review, since i couldn't get far enough from my spawn to actually play much of the game AT ALL.

I give this game a 1, just for the concept of a zombie mmo. But the community, pvp, and lack of a "spawn protection period" or a "new player protection period" makes this game literally unplayable
  39. Dec 19, 2012
    So, I downloaded it from Steam on Monday, thinking everything I saw listed as a feature would, you know, actually be there. Well, they weren't. At all. Seriously. If I'm going to pay for a game, I don't want the pre-pre-beta release with tons of "Oh, we'll get that to you ASAP even though it's supposed to be there now" BS. Wanna know why I'm giving it a 1 and not a 0? Because it actually LOOKS like it could be pretty awesome if the Dev's didn't frigging HOSE it. Expand
  40. Dec 19, 2012
    If you had the idea that a zombie apocalypse where you have to survive sounded great for a gaming concept, so did we. Unfortunately the game doesn't even come near being a decent game. Everything you'd expect in this game is just terrible worked out. While your main focus should be to avoid the zombies and surviving the flesh-eating monsters, the in-game experience teaches you that zombies are no threat at all and the only thing you should look out for are other survivors who are going to shoot you for your bottle of water. So the only thing you do in this game is wander around, hoping to find some loot (good luck there) and praying you don't run into some other survivor with a gun in his hand. Is this how I want to play a zombie apocalypse-game? No! Worst game of the year by far. Expand
  41. Dec 19, 2012
    Played the game, from steam, 4-5 hours played uninstalled, hope this game goes out of sight of the PC soon, or that the dev's fix it, until that it should not be even allowed to go back on steam.
  42. Dec 19, 2012
    do not purchase this game.Recently you did so many mistakes, but in today you did unacceptable something.You show your real greedy face.Everybody complain about cheating,silly bugs(abuse bug).Then what are you doing ?? aa sory you always apology to us, everytime you have excuse.since the game release you couldn't stop hacking, but it isn't problem i'm sure you have a good excuse.Then you did new update about reviving time.Game want to 50gc point(0.40$) if we want to fast revive or wait 4 hour.could you please tell me it is sensible ?Your game is big disappointment.

Uptades comes,uptades gone but cheat never stop in The Warz
    (it was ticket to warz management.and i'm turkish can be some mistakes in my text)
  43. Dec 19, 2012
    Completely a cash grab just before Day Z Standalone. This is the worst game ever made after Big Rig: Over the road racing, but did you know that it has the same developper ?
  44. Dec 19, 2012
    I played the game at a friend's house and found it to be pretty boring as well as a blatant rip off of the DayZ mod for Arma 2. I've also seen the articles that describe all the shady stuff the developer has tried to do with the game's steam page and the micro-transactions. My advice to everyone would be to steer clear of this game if it ever reappears on Steam (it was pulled earlier today).
  45. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is bad. A big rip off and a pretty obvious scam. With that said...

If you like paying for finished games and don't like being lied to or mislead, this game is not for you. It is simply unfinished and with so much controversy surrounding it, it is clearly something you should avoid. If you want someone with the same style but free and acknowledging that it's just a beta, try
    DayZ, the game WarZ ripped off. Expand
  46. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible customer support and treatment of said customers, a broken game that has been released in alpha/beta state on Steam and blatant lies in terms of marketing and features in the game. It isn't worth anyone's money.
  47. Dec 19, 2012
    In this game everything about money items/revive! So many hacker! guys dont buy it!Many features listed on Steam is missing. If u dead u have to wait 4 hours for revive Or u have to pay for revive! JOKE! DON't buy it!
  48. Dec 19, 2012
    No matter how they claim THIS is developed before Dayz, i just can't believe that with what i have seen & read and my sixth sense. Two years' development with no proof like video before the alpha is just too suspicious. Everything looks so rush. You can clearly see that their features that are differentiated itself from Dayz like skill tree, stronghold,etc are being added much later on or not even delivered. Based on your mmo/gamming experience you can already tell if the game has future or not. Expand
  49. Dec 19, 2012
    Since purchasing the game I have been mislead and blatantly lied to about its content. I have spent time being banned for nothing and then subsequently un-banned with no explanation or apology. These guys really need to work on their customer service. Apart from all that though the actual game is far from done. The graphics slider should be renamed the "computer throttle" as it appears to not affect the visuals at all and the amount of hacking is unacceptable. I wish I could talk about the rest of the game but I have spent hours unable to play because I have, according to the devs, met the "one" hacker in the entire game over an over again.
    Sergey, you need to really step up your game and give us something actually worth the $15.
  50. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is a waste of everyones time unless you like to give your money away to random bums that make video games so you can support thier third world living expenses. Its a scam and rip off.
  51. Jan 29, 2013
    I've never seen a more undeserved rating. Granted, the game is rough as **** but it's 15 dollars. You will not get a better game for that price anywhere. If you did buy an expensive package and didn't research beforehand, I have no sympathy for you. Would you go buy a car because the commercial made it sound awesome? No. You ****ing research it. This many tears haven't been shed since 911. The internet is and has been filled with controversy over this game for months. If you dropped 30 or more dollars on this without researching it, it's on you. The devs are jackasses, there's some hackers, it needs work, etc. But the game is absolutely worth 15 dollars. Also, bugs and glitches are quite overstated. Lack of new content is hurting this game. Expand
  52. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible game. Graphics even on high look horrible, the animations of the zombies are horrible, it takes a minute or two to load even player skins (so you could be killed by an invisible player before you realise it) The 'Pay real money to virtually respawn' option is a huge joke. They said that many features were implemented then redacted that comment to say they're all either on the way or were at least ideas in the idiotic minds at Hammerpoint.

This is a bad game, they should feel bad for making it (well, making half a game then trying to sell it as a full game)
  53. Dec 19, 2012
    THIS GAME SUCKS

i rather shoot myself in the head then too ever play this crap again i rather be tortured with a chainsaw then this this game is soooo bad that it should have died on the drawing board END OF REVIEW
  54. Dec 19, 2012
    I have nothing else to add that hasn't already been said. The game is nothing more than a gimmick trying to con you out of your money. They lied in their game description and copy-pasted League of Legend's terms of service. DO NOT GIVE THEM A DIME.
  55. Dec 19, 2012
    Scam game, soo many promises just to sell a pvp games with somes zombies.

True Story.
  56. Dec 19, 2012
    Looked really promissing, but turned out to be overhyped and unfinished. Defently not something i would recommend. It is a blatant ripoff of the DayZ mods ideas, but there is no real improvement to the table . Unlike the dayz mod, which is free, they actually charge money you for this buggy half baked piece of crap.
  57. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not buy this game they are braking many laws and are one of the worst developers i have ever seen.
    They have no respect for there customers and cheat the system.
    Im glad i can get a refund from steam.
  58. Dec 19, 2012
    First off I have been playing this game since it came out back on October 15 th, and i will be the first one to admit it has a lot of problems and the Dev's have not followed through with some of the things they said they would. Many things need to be fixed and/or completed but still a enjoyable game none the less especially in a group setting. The zombies are not what they should be and the game does need some serious optimizing but i am able to run it just fine on high settings, not with the FPS i am use to but problem free none the less. This game is a work in progress and has great potential and should not be written off so quickly , especially if the Dev's would stop worrying about the little things in the game and move on to the RPG side of the game to give it more balance. Long story short this game is enjoyable it will make you laugh it will make you cuss and yes maybe some crying in there as well. Happy gaming. Expand
  59. Dec 19, 2012
    This is only alpha they will improve everyting im sure about th
  60. Dec 19, 2012
    I have played this game for many weeks now, since the first initial alpha release and i have to say, it's not as bad as everyone claims. Sure, there is need for improvement, but at it's core it is a fun game to play. BUT, the developers are misleading and ignorant. The whole deal with the steam page is just disgraceful and they're blatant ignorance of hate towards the game as "DayZ Fanboys" is stupid. I find this game more fun than DayZ personally (was addicted to DayZ for months). Both have glitches, both have hackers. Both are fun. The only thing i dislike is the attitude of the devs in WarZ, they just seem to want to get as much money as possible and don't listen to the community as much. Rest assured they are trying to make a better game, but I feel that the overwhelming hatred from the community will eventually force them to quit and people will say "I told you so" when they caused the problem. I'd wait to full release to play. Expand
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    I've been a registered player for about a month now (bought it around Thanksgiving). The gameplay can be fun but the problem with the game is the developers and management team. They put posts out talking about how they have all these features coming and are fixing issues but never follow-through on it. They also will ban forum members at lock threads as soon as people stop complaining to censor criticism on the forum. Please sell this game to a development company worth a **** Expand
  62. Dec 19, 2012
    When The War Z came out, it was an undeniably shaky game - bad textures, laughable animations, bugs /everywhere/. However, many positive, community-driven changes were pushed out in the days to come, and many of us were convinced that, should Hammerpoint maintain its steady stream of attentive updates, there was simply no way The War Z could go wrong in development.

As it turns out, the
    game rather quickly became stagnant: new features were not released; what small portions of the map were opened up were, generally, poorly textured, uninteresting, and just a bit of the same ol', same ol'; there was a lot of rumbling about community censorship and refunds going around, and the general atmosphere of The War Z became very hostile.

Having been with the game since day one of the alpha, I can tell you this: what The War Z boils down to is a very shady Russian man - the mind behind Big Rigs, perhaps the most horrific game ever made to date - who may or may not be committing a very sophisticated, game-oriented adaptation of the pump-and-dump stock fraud method. At the end of the day, you're better off investing in a copy of ArmA II and DayZ, or waiting for DayZ's standalone.

To be frank, I've seen drug deals a shade more legit than this game has turned out to be.
  63. Dec 19, 2012
    Money Grabbers! Ban for no reason at all and take 5-8 days to answer a support ticket and still not unban you! Im a 100% legit professional gamer that has no need to hack / cheat any game i play and i get banned with no reasoning!! I get no response from support yet and it has been 5 days so far and i can only imagine how many more it will take! On a side note i read the steam release and it was completely false and they try to cover it up by saying a miscommunication! Thats complete BS! If you have a game getting ready to come out on Steam of all places you make sure you have all your ducks in a row not just HALF ASS it! Then i hear that it takes 4 hours to revive a character? REALLY 4 hours thats rediculour with the amount of hackers in that game because if oyu play you die by a hacker every time you log in to a big server! It used tpo be at 1 hour and that was legit and fine but 4 hours? On top of that if you want to revive early it will cost you GC? REAL LIFE MONEY to revivie early! Thats a money grab folks! Have fun getting ripped off if you buy it!! Expand
  64. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is an obvious grab for cash after the Day Z craze, but still has its merits. It improved many things that were flawed in Day Z, such as loading times and UI. Zombies are also much smarter than they were in Day Z, and actually will quit following you after a while, whereas in Day Z zombies would chase you until you made them go up a hill. However, the zombie AI isn't great, and you can pretty much outsmart them by jumping on boxes, where they cannot hit you, or jumping through windows. The zombies are glued to the ground basically, and will not walk through anything that isn't a doorway. If you've played Left 4 Dead, you will be very disappointed in the zombie AI.

There is no voice chat. Day Z had voice chat, yet this is still not implemented. Honestly, there are a lot of features that are already in Day Z that haven't even been put in War Z. I also feel the sneaking around zombies was much better in Day Z, but that's because the engine was made for that kind of stuff. The game is also a lot smaller than Day Z, which is a good and bad thing. It doesn't feel as much like a hike to get from town to town, as they're pretty close together. This does mean that there is fewer towns and thus more interaction with other players. This is probably the reason that most of the servers are capped at only 50 players. There are 20 servers that are capped at 100 players, but if you go to those expect to be killed by a hacker, because 90% of the playerbase hacks. Oh, and there is a river that flows through the middle of the map that you can't swim through, because you can't swim. The only way to get to the other side is to literally follow it until it ends, then go around. This is really stupid.

Overall, I rate it a 5 because its an unfinished game, and still somewhat fun. I don't think it's completely horrible; if it gets updated it could be a solid 7. If they, at the very least, add in all the features that Day Z currently has it would be a decent game. I probably would recommend this game if you liked Day Z, its not horrible, but just needs a bit of updates.
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    Só nao é melhor porque tem muito hacker... e repito sinto vergonha de 90% deles serem BR....
  66. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is a mess, I had hoped in this game but the developer team is totally inexperienced and incapable, they just destroyed the great idea of ​​this game, which was Zombie pós-apocalyptic, and turned it into PVP game. do not buy it, im a dissatisfied consumer. TERRIBLE game!
  67. Dec 20, 2012
    cheaters,hackers,glitchers,money scam and lie.nothing to do in this game. main produser lieing to people,and on steam.false advertising aswell. its not even alpha its an early alpha.and the devs doing more and more to scam people.
  68. Dec 20, 2012
    This is just a fail try to steal people's money. Seriously, this isn't even a game. Plus: random bans, unfinished, small map, lies about the real features, stupid in-game community, buy the game and then you have more thing to pay for and that's what a I call scam and unqualified staff.
  69. Dec 20, 2012
    I consider this game an outright scam. I was lied too and deceived and paid money for something I never received. The developer is a thief, refusing to refund me. Everyone that has had this criminal scam you are encouraged to charge back on your credit card if you purchased direct from Hammerpoint, or request a refund if you purchased on steam. Absolutely appalling behaviour and will definitely affect the gaming industry - I am a lot less likely to purchase any game in the future after this experience. Expand
  70. Dec 20, 2012
    Not worth anyones time. Do NOT get this game, even when/if it is released. The animations are sketchy, players are dicks, and most of all... you can't last more than 3 hours in this game.

Do not buy this. This dev team is despite for money and using microtransactions in the game
  71. Dec 20, 2012
    i want to like this game i really do, but the fact that the company that makes it keeps dragging their heels promising content that should have been implemented months ago, and postponing content that should have taken priority.... it's horrible. it seems like the people at Arktos Entertainment need to sort their issues out, and get working.
  72. Dec 23, 2012
    There is a lot of potential in the game. I think that the game is fun but just needs some more time to develope. Mistakes have been made by the developers but I still have faith in them.
  73. Dec 29, 2012
    Is the best zombie game, much better than dayz, the only problem are the crybabies who did not investigate before buying and later realized that the game is in beta.
  74. Jan 1, 2013
    Sergey Titov did it again. The only reason I'm not giving it a 10/10 is because it isn't as WINNER as Big Rigs or Remington Big Buck Trophy Hunt, but it's certainly the most WINNER game out this year. Congratulations, Titov, and may we all be WINNER!
  75. Jan 6, 2013
    Great game, Like Demon Souls with GUNS! I love how hardcore this game is I have killed and been killed many times, lost tons of loot and found some cool stuff. Now this game is a sandbox FPS zombie survival - EVERYTHING I wanted. I like Dayz but I like the gunplay in The War Z much better.

This game does catch much fodder for some reason, I think its mainly a small group being extremely
    vocal about how much they hate this game... that or they pissed that they lost their loot... LOL Its all part of the game now shut up and play. Expand
  76. Jan 6, 2013
    Even though i only have guest passes i was in production before dayz and statistics show that more people are hackers in dayz than in warz making warz having a more fun aspect about it i really recomend this game my friends and i play this all the time. All these people that areposting are dayz fanboys. I bet half them have not even played the game. This game is a buy.
  77. Jan 6, 2013
    Yes, they stole their ideas, were rude to customers, stole images, and are overall a poor company. But, the game is fun to play. The interface is a little more mainstream then Dayz and this makes it more Newb friendly. The hate is from people wanting to hate it. It is a game stolen and it is okay.
  78. Jan 7, 2013
    So; all this hate. I don't agree in the last 2 weeks; they have released a patch and for tomorrow another is scheduled. They have finally implemented their anti-hack and are perma banning now. The game is fun, and is truly a survival mmo zombie game. Problem with days is its engine; its holding it back. the game will never look any better. while on ultra the War Z looks actually pretty nice.

SO I GIVE MY HONEST OPINION Thanks for your tiome.
  79. Jan 7, 2013
    Purchased this game on Steam (which fails to acknowledge that it is still in beta on the War Z store page) and requested a RMA 4 hours later. I feel my time is better spent with the fantastic Arma II mod, Day Z. With War Z currently in beta at the moment, you will find broken game play and environments; from invisible walls to glitchy life ending hill drops to spotty AI. I feel your money is best saved for its final release, if by then it is fixed too . This is the problem Expand
  80. Jan 8, 2013
    Despite all the negative critiques, the game is fun to play with friends and very addictive. What spoils the game is that it was released too fast and with too many problems.

I hope the developers put everything promised because the game has great potential!
  81. Jan 8, 2013
    Relay fun game , especially with friends . there is still some important things to be fixed . i think this game have a good potential .
    i believe in this game
  82. Jan 8, 2013
    is a great game, but it has some problems that must be solved, kind, hackers
    but it is a good game that people have fun playing, but has some that swear the game, their right, but I think they're asking too much, with all due respect, THE WAR Z is a big and great to play! My metascore is 9/10
  83. Jan 8, 2013
    I am going to try and be as objective as possible with my review. I can say from first hand experience and many hours of game time. This game is unfinished. Keeping that in mind, it is very fun in it's current state. Most of the reviews I've seen for this game are on the extreme side of negative for one reason or another. Gameplay: This game is hard. It is unforgiving at times. The learning curve is steep. This does not make this a bad game. Once you learn how to collect weapons without dying. (easier said then done) Your satisfaction will improve immensely. As of writing this review the game is mostly PvP. If you go into it not knowing that, It will be a hard pill to swallow. With more things to do promised in the future, everything is looking up.

Value: The game is 15 dollars. Not 15 on sale, but regularly priced at 15 dollars. I've gotten many hours from this and I can't see how I haven't gotten my moneys worth.

In the it's current state, I can understand why people aren't happy with this game. That being said, this game doesn't deserve a 0. It's a fun game and will only get better with time.
  84. Mar 23, 2013
    Best game ever end of story.
  85. Jan 24, 2013
    Was looking for a game like this, I played dayZ and love that game. WarZ has a lot to build on bring potential to its foundation version. They update a couple times a month adding new item, building, artwork, a good player bad player element, and will soon be skill tree. Understanding that it is a work in progress and is constantly being worked on and improved.
  86. Jan 28, 2013
    The delevopment has improved greatly since december 2012! Are you a fan of walking dead etc, this is your game. Playing it with friends is kick ass!
  87. Feb 6, 2013
    its weird with someone who not like this game
    i trust this game will be nice ya i know it now its still many bugs/cheater here please know its preety new now right?
    this game is cool and have good graphic and nice idea reality game not like the other reality game the zombie can run like a sports car

im trust this game will be a good game sometimes ya many features listed on steam r
    completely missing is they fault who promised some but its not a fact
    but someday they will prove it to you all
  88. Feb 10, 2013
    I don't understand why everyone hate this game. I could even say it has the same quality as DayZ, and probably a bit better. The graphics are great, the game server does not lag at all. Of course, there has some problem with releasing the game on Steam with some features that are not yet in the game, but the game is great as it is right now.

I haven't met any bugs, any hacker, and only
    one glitch. But I know that the hackers are really here, but Ive never been killed by a hacker. The game has a great potential and I really want to see how they will have implemented the features they announced when they released the very first version of the game. They don`t work really fast, maybe because of their lack of experience that some people think they have, but at least they deliver what I paid for when I bough my Legend package.

You may read a lot of negative critics here or on other sites, but these are only DayZ fanboy who doesn't want to see DayZ be forgotten. Also remember that when someone don't have a problem with it, they don't always write a critic about it, because they think that someone else already did, and the score is high.

Buy the game if you like zombies game, it is cheaper than DayZ right now and totally worth the 15$.
  89. Apr 25, 2013
    Messed up in everything! No Anti-Cheat-Protection and unlimited amount of Cheaters... The Zombies are crappy coded and this Game has still to much "Stuff" that is not finished...
    The weapons are bad coded! The AI is bad coded! Did i mentioned the Hackers?
    This Game is bad and Sergey Titov is one of the worst Developers ever...
    He did not learned anything since his Big Rigs "Fail".
    Not
    worth even 5$ Expand
  90. Feb 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its a good game after copple of patches and now its nice game when you play with friends or in clan its a awsome game! the beginning of warz is bad now its a very nice game! Expand
  91. Feb 26, 2013
    Fail start- Good end ?

I purchased myself the standard edition, though i have read already all reviews about this game. However i was angry in the beginning after the purchase. The payment went okey same goes for the installation. I launched the game and i died, how come Spawn killing bandit on a random server. Been playing it for hours and i kept dying hour for hour. I was really
    angry. At one point on me, for buying this game and on the other hand on the developers. However, after i played it for around 1 month i realized its not such a bad game. Well it is, but not in all ways. You need much logical thinking, good knowledge of the map and stuff. You will surely keep dying in the first hours unless you have a partner with you. I was playing solo and i did not except dying and dying. You can have fun with this game yes but you should follow some rules. Do not join big servers, find good farming spots, trust noone. By following this simple 3 rules you can make up a good gear and then you are ready for action. The most annoying point about this game are not the 35 bugs i counted but the same linear action. You spawn, farm weapons and gear, kill zombies or players get to the sage zone, hide stuff and you start again with Point 1. I hope the developers will include more Feautures till now its a bad game developing to a casual pay2win mmo for days when you have really nothing else to play 5/10 Expand
  92. Feb 26, 2013
    a joke game
    pay for win
    pay for play with no hacker
    pay for hack
    $$$$$$$$$$$$ game.
    low dev, many 1 map, no car, no mission, actually, this game sux.
  93. Feb 27, 2013
    La idea del juego en sí no es mala, pero está llevada a abo muy mal, desde el principio un juego apresurado. No puedes pasar mas de 20 minutos sin encontrarte a un cheater y además ese es otro punto que me desagrada: yo compré el juego cuando salió, esperando encontrarme una verdadera experiencia de supervivencia en un apocalipsis zombie, pero lo que me he encontrado es un Shooter PVP con algunos zombies alrrededor y que además tienen una IA terriblemente mala, el juego después de casi un año está lleno de bugs, el tiempo de carga para entrar a servidores es demencial, los gráficos están horriblemente optimizados, yo tengo una tarjeta gráfica todoterreno y sin embargo jugando en LOW quality tengo suerte si alcanzo unos FPS estables de 16-17, los objetos de la tienda son muy caros de adquirir teniendo en cuenta que los vas a perder probablemente en menos de 15 minutos, la mayoría de la gente campea, o hace salto de servidor en los lugares donde suelen salir armas para llenarse hasta los topes. No solo el juego está terriblemente mal, si no que su comunidad de jugadores también es terrible. Al final terminas dandote cuenta que lo que realmente te atemoriza es encontrarte con un superviviente, y es que de hecho es un juego que solo te permite hacer 2 cosas: Lootear o bien matar al superviviente que se te cruce para quedarte con lo suyo y seguir looteando, los zombies son parte del decorado. ¿supervivencia zombie, donde? Expand
  94. Feb 27, 2013
    Many have criticized this game did in Alpha stage.
    This game is good, still needs a lot of corrections.
    It has good gameplay, beautiful graphics and provides plenty of fun!
    I hope the team keep up the good work to solve ALL the problems we are facing.
  95. Feb 27, 2013
    I assume most people are aware of the controversy hovering around this game and recently it has been made available again on steam. While the features which are listed in the description have been mostly corrected the screen-shots remain. These screenshots do not represent the actual gameplay and are false advertising. It is also not mentioned that this game is in a very unfinished state. The game itself is still bad and the ability to buy the best items with real money remains. The game is still the horrible cash grab it was before but it seems that the developers work less and less on the game and they might even abandon the project after there is no more money to squeeze out of the pockets of kids who want the "real" experience. Expand
  96. Feb 27, 2013
    Puts so many great ideas from dayz and other games into one place, but without any sense of balance. I'm not really sure, whether the developers even play this kind of games, a project from heart with personal interests can impossible have that many failures.

I bought it the first few days without any expectations as a fan of dayz to bridge the time for the dayz standalone. Gave it
    another try in december, still no fun. Another Try in February still no fun and so many hackers, it's just ridiculous. I don't speak for others, but for me, it's still a nogo. Sorry. Expand
  97. Feb 27, 2013
    people rip on this game from the hacker issues well i didnt complain and played through the tough times. warz is now becoming a fantastic game it is a fun game to play with friends. i believe it has some downfalls like it not having cars or more guns but i would recommend
  98. Feb 27, 2013
    This game offends me. The developers lied, and they even tried to rip off War Z. Dumb zombies, hackers everywhere, and even after you bought the game you need to buy in game content that you'll lose when some hacker shoots you through a wall. DayZ is a mod, created by 5 modders, when The War Z is a full game created by an actual company yet they couldn't beat a team of 5 people? Ridiculous. Go get Day Z, don't even buy this game if you're looking for something out of the bargain bin. Expand
  99. Feb 28, 2013
    a horrible pay to win game boring and sluggish game play. i can say so many reasons why this game fails in so many ways but i bet that the character count would go to the max. this game is not good at this stage do not whatever reason get it it has false advertisement and many horrible things.
  100. Mar 1, 2013
    This developer has done nothing but lie and scheme throughout their entire process.. They lied about features which caused them to be removed from Steam. The game is over run by hackers but to hear them say it it is a very small I am just sorry I did not do more research before buying this game which is little more than a poorly ported version of War Inc. another game of theirs that support ended when they started WarZ (with promises of features never added like vehicles and such which has been promised for WarZ). PLEASE dont waste money on this game Expand

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.