1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3983 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    A huge scam. You pay for the game, and on top of that, after you die (so easy to get killed), you either wait 4 hours before replaying or you pay more money. Do not waste your money on this game. They are a bunch of lying thieves trying to make money out of everything. On top of that, the game in itself sucks, too many zombies, too many hackers, too many bugs, map too small and probability of finding another playing and getting killed by that player is incredibly high and graphics suck. Expand
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    Game doesn't even feel finished; in fact, it feels exactly the same as their game engine it was based on (War Inc.), but it has zombies and an item spawn system. However, as far as the developers are concerned (according to interviews), this is what the finished game should be and everything else added from now on is just icing on the cake.

It doesn't help that the game is filled with
    hackers, bugs, glitches, and a lack of trained customer service support (I don't think I've talked to any forum moderators or support members that can actually spell or write in proper sentences). You can make a new character, spawn into the game, and once loaded, already be dead (no spawn protection). Micro-transactions are pay-to-win; I'm not talking about cosmetic stuff, but the more money you put into the game, the more of an advantage you get. Example: the respawn timer after you were killed used to be 1-hour long, but post-'release', the timer was increased to 4-hours with the ability to pay 50 cash credits (bought with real money) to respawn instantly.

This game is and feels unfinished and lacks polish. However, they are currently advertising it as a foundation-level experience. No friends list, no promised skill-tree, no actual customer support, no deterrant for hackers (i.e., no anti-cheat system), constant lag on servers with more than 15 players, arbitrary bannings of players (especially if you're vocal about not liking some aspect of the game you've just purchased). Seems like a pretty weak foundation.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    Ok, Lets start with the Developer of this game. Hammerpoint also ran by Sergay who is the worst of the worst in the game developing world, They lie a lot and never take responsibility for those lies and if anything ruins the game its how the developer handles business with this game making the game any way to make money cash cow. Also his little Sergay known as Kewk will ban you on the forums if you say anything negative about War Z and also just started banning on the steam forums. As for the game it can be fun with friends as long as you do not pay attention to the **** animations and flat textures! WTF it's going to be 2013 and if your a development team that can not make great animations and optimize a game to work well with high end graphics card and have no talent in a mmo which it is not even close to a mmo its just a open world with hours of roaming empty wilderness with closed buildings that look like people obviously took the furniture when the Virus broke out from the few homes you can enter. The game is just plain **** unless you play with other friends who bag on it while you play but then hackers come and wipe out your team because yes the game has hackers everywhere!! The worse hacking I have seen in a game in a long time! Just save your money and DO NOT BUY!!!! Expand
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not, I repeat, DO NOT, buy this game. 15 dollars may seem cheap, but that's a lot to pay for garbage. The game is quite clearly still unfinished, and the description on the steam page is filled with outright lies. I suppose this wouldn't be so bad if the game were good as is, but surprise surprise, it isn't. I was absolutely bored to tears withing the first 50 minutes or so of booting it up. I saw more players than zombies, and even if one happened to cross my path, fighting it consisted of hitting it with a flashlight 20 times, looking at the same animation over and over again. The only thing I had to survive from in this game was boredom, and I soon started to pray that the zombies would swarm me, and the sweet embrace of death would release me from this hell.

Now normally, graphics aren't a defining factor weather a game is good or not, but dear lord, if your textures look like that mush in a jar that babies eat, it tells a lot about a game. Also, I will add that most of the models are ripped straight from their other game, War Inc, including a few animations. Now, despite your 15 dollars going straight into Sergey's bank account, he also wants to give you the gift of micro-transactions! Of course, this wouldn't be so bad, right? It's some cosmetic stuff, and you can buy weapons without having to find them. Well, if you die, you lose all the weapons you paid for with real money. If that doesn't say "I care about the money, screw you." I don't know what does. You could at least have the courtesy to make the game free and be a bit truthful, yeah?

Also, one of the people that worked on this worked on Big Rigs.
    Big.
    Rigs.

Overall, 9/10 would play again.
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    Zbanowali mojego kolege permanentnie za niby haki na steamie klamia ze juz sa rzeczy ktorych nie wprowadzono na postac juz trzeba 4 godziny czekac na odrodznie albo trzeba zaplacic ! zlodzieje !!!
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z copied most things from their previous Game "The War Inc" they adde only a bigger map and zombies .. They said The War Z was in Devolpment 2 Years ( before DayZ ) that is a lie .

The Screenshots on their Sites are only Concept Arts = so another Lie

The War Z on Facebook begs for likes ..
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    This is why gamers can't have nice things. Pay for an unfinished product, then pay again for content, then pay again to resume your game. Sheeeeesh. If this developer wanted money so bad, just put your piece of crap game up for sale at walmart for $60 then watch it go right into the "discount games" bin in a week. Mr Titov, please stop making games.
  8. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is terribly bad..
    And if you ask Dev's or Mod's anything, they will just ban you from the forums and if u do it again they will ban you in-game (permanently banned)
    You will be treated like a slave, since they got the admin power!
    Don buy this game at all!
  9. Dec 19, 2012
    Even if you ignore the fact that the developers of this game lied about its included features to get more sales, even if you ignore the fact that this game is a blatant cash grab (with features such as charging you real money to shorten the 4 hour long respawn timer (yes you read that correctly)), even if you ignore the fact that the game is clearly not finished with mountains of bugs and a plethora of broken features, even if you ignore the fact that the developers response to criticism is to insult the players in interviews, to delete critical messages in the Steam forums and to force players to agree to terms of service which disallows refunds before you're allowed to play, it's still a terrible game that would not be out of place in the clearance bin at a dollar store. If I gave this game to a friend as a joke gift they would never speak to me again and probably burn my house down for good measure. If when I started the game my pc monitor had exploded and thousands of glass shards had torn my face to pieces, making me blind, deaf and unable to taste anything for the rest of my life, I would still have had a better experience than having to play this interminable game.

Most of my anger at the shoddiness of this game is not directed at the developers though, since they are clearly either educationally subnormal or moderately competent scam artists. Most of my anger is directed at Steam for allowing this shoddy, unfinished game onto their service and taking their 30% cut of the sales. I never thought I would say this, but I cannot see myself purchasing anything through Steam again unless this insult to gamers is removed from their service.

Do not buy this game, you will regret it.
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    I tried to think about a good way to offer my valid criticism on the game, and there is plenty. I decide instead to get a fresh perspective on it. I paid a hooker to play it for me...said it sucked more then she does. Stay away!
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    Poor design decisions and blatant lying to the customer are among the many reasons you should not be buying this game. Save your money for something better.
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible company and horrible game. If this last week hasnt told you to stay away from this game then I dont know what will. Lets hope steam take it off untill its fit for use.
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    Please don't buy and support this game. This game is a SCAM. Its a falsely advertised unfinished game with micro transactions designed to take your money. If you are really considering it at least google and read up on it first. To top it off the developers of the game are going out of their way to censor and ban anyone who's giving negative reviews or asking for a refund. It makes me sad that Valve would even consider releasing this on steam. Expand
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    Outdated graphics, contrived game play, and a physics model based on bizarro world. I'm a fan of the zombie survival genre but this game simply fails when held up to scrutiny. The many flaws takes away from any enjoyment the genre might give.
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    this game is crappy, it is really a huge scam don't buy it, just wait for the DayZ standalone, like i am even tho i never played the actual mod if Arma 2 co will be on sale i will get it just for the mod
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    Utter trash, poorly optimized abysmal textures and horrid gameplay. It is nothing put a cheap poorly made cash grab. You have to purchase the game then spend more real world money on items in the in game store. Basic features such as clans support cost extra, the feature list is a complete lie with 90% of the features not being in game at all. This game was thrown together in 3 months to cash in on the popularity of dayz and it shows in every way. Expand
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    Not that my review is necessary, but I would like to say one thing: this developer includes the man who made the video game "Big Rigs". Need I say more? Google it, you'll understand rather quickly.
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    This game represents the epitome of garbage. I bought this game a couple of weeks ago, as a friend convinced me to do so. It was fun for the first couple hours, I will give it that, as I had yet to run into any hackers, which changed quickly. Yes, hackers are as abundant as they are annoying, especially when you get shot through a wall. Super awesome, that is. Randomly tabs me back to the desktop, dying whilst logging in to a character, dying whilst walking down a small incline, an inescapable logout screen when you want to disconnect that can take anywhere from 10-30 seconds to complete ... which is more than enough time for someone to happen upon you and kill you.

This game is also an Alpha marketed as a finished product, which was then expounded upon by the creator saying that every MMO is never finished. This is a giant cop-out.

Never buy this. Punch your grandparents instead. Or throw a puppy into a woodchipper. Do something. Anything. Just don't buy this game.
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    Bad game. Shameless egotistic developer who thinks he can have his ways and doesn't understand the concept of false advertising at all. Oh and his communication skill sucks balls too.
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    This game was made to take your money, plans to stop dev. after 6 months of release. Proof that admins abuse in game, and spawn items. Unfair ban hammers. This game is nothing like what its advertised as. DO NOT BUY.
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game of all time, big flat out lies, scamZ. Waiting for another good game to come out... Bought this for more than $30 and it sucks, SAME SH*T AS THE PRE-ALPHA VERSION!!! DON'T BUY THIS GAME!!!
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    it's a money-grabbing scam, trying to ride on DayZ's band wagon.
    There's a lot of things that "look" and "feel" better than DayZ but when it come to game play and partitions, it's boils down to money grabbing.

At first, they had 1 hour respawn for each character, now it's 4 hours with a "button" to respawn via payment. ....4 hours! You can create 5 characters but the 4 hours isn't
    going to work because some players like to troll by sniping other players for no good reason.

Not worth getting.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is fraudulent. It is still in Alpha/Beta stages yet it is being sold as if it is fully featured with minimal bugs. If you want to get a refund, the company forces you to sign a TOS agreement that states that no matter what you do or say, you AGREE to not ever getting a refund. So even if they decide to go belly up or ban you for no reason, you can't get any restitution for it. Complete crap. AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Expand
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    It is a scam. Search google for "War Z scam". They didn't delivered what was promised. It has only a single map. It has no skills, no clans, boring gameworld.
  25. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible, horrible game. Its a quick cash in on the success of the Day Z mod. The games severely broken, filled with numerous bugs and glitches and completely populated by hackers and cheaters. Developer support has been terrible. Youre banned from the forums for voicing concerns about the game and game accounts are randomly banned as well. We were promised so many features of the game that never arrived. I asked for a refund for the game per the agreement and they just resort to ignoring me. Dont waste your money on this pile of garbage. Expand
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    For a game someone has to pay for, they get surprisingly little anything for their coin here. Besides the obvious issues of it just being a terribly crafted attempt to jump on the zombie survival bandwagon to milk whatever coin there may be left in the market, the game has nothing going for it. It's nothing more then a mod for the, less then average, War Inc. engine. Nothing works quite as it was probably intended, bugs such as invisible zombies, getting stuck in places and other wonderful "gameplay elements" are everywhere.
    I don't even feel the "survival" i expect form a zombie survival game, because the zombies that the game does feature are blind and deaf cripples (no offense to people, really) that are unable to detect your presence if you are further away then a meter or two; not to mention they don't really care about players going rambo with their gun, and even if they notice you, you can literally get away with a brisk walk.
    The only "survival" aspect the game offers is contained in the other 49 people on the map -great MMO by the way; 50 people is a lot, honest- since they most likely will shoot you on sight to loot your things. Including the things you had to buy via microtransactions. Which is another sour thing: why are there microtransactions in a game you already paid for? I could at least somewhat understand, if the game was great.
    All in all, the game as such doesn't hold up to it's label, if one has average standarts and expectations for a so called "Zombie Survival MMO" - since neither is there any survival nor any MMO in it and the zombies are just supernumeraries with a zombie skin.

On top of that, the constant lies of the Devs behind this so called game don't help the impression one gets in terms of what this thing is all about. False advertising with false screenshots, promises of features that are not even in sight in the actual game, let alone implemented. Their customer support and PR are very unfriendly and not helpful at all, even to paying customers no less.
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased the game, played it for a week or two. I asked for a refund the next day but was told to "wait" for the game to finish. However after recent patches, locking people out of a game they paid for while dangling "instant revives" by spending real money was the final slap in the face. The website itself says the game is not "play to win." Clearly, it is. Demanding a refund and I suggest anyone who was fooled into buying this "game" follows suit. Expand
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not get this game. It is a bad copy of the DayZ mod. Besides that, it is bugged as hell. The features in advertisements are false. Some of them are not existing. In addition the micro-payment system ist not fair and you should not be charged over and over to fully enjoy the whole content when you already payed 15 bucks for a game.
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    Money whoring, nothing more than money whoring. They told us about a good game, how good it would be in 3-4 patches, how they react to hackers and all that kind of stuff.

Liars. Don't buy that.
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is in a blatantly pre-beta state. The animation looks like a high school student's project from 2006. It is a quick money grab as they have you buy it from steam then after it has gone up to the top they making a ridiculous game changing feature and ask for more money to get around it. This game is Pay to Win at its finest and most of the elements are stolen poorly from Day Z. DO NOT BUY. Expand
  31. Dec 19, 2012
    This is game is good. But its not finished at all and it is full of bugs.
    My point is, for a game in ALPHA development it is going to be good, but release the game at this state is ridiculous.
    The main issue now is: Will the promised features be delivered?
    This games uses the WAR INC. engine and have its limitations. Features like cars are announced for more than 6 months there and they
    still were not able to implement on War Z. They said they sold 600k copies on Alpha state, and the difference from Alpha to Open release is: Clans.

There is nothing else released.

Skills, Vehicles, Maps, Bug fixes, construction features, Leaderboards, FRIEND LISTS and many other things were promised and were not delivered.

The dev, Hammerpoint, claims that with an update that was expected to be released this month, the "Foundation Release" was the mark of the release of the game. But that update wasn't released and the game went live even without that.

What a mess. :(
  32. Dec 19, 2012
    "game is shit
  33. Dec 19, 2012
    Payed 60 bucks for alpha access. I can't put a positive spin on this game. I would rather die of stoning, come back as a 2 year-old terminally ill child, then die again. Stay away! IT IS A CASH GRAB! And more importantly, there is absolutely no love put into the game.

Horrible textures, crappy frames, broken game, missing features, etc. Don't get fooled like I did!
  34. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is nothing but a pay to win broken promise game, whats that? you died? alright have a 4 hour res timer or you can pay real money in order to pop back up... no thank you, pay to win games are a mistake and i feel bad for anyone stupid enough to buy into it. People who dislike this game don't dislike it because its a DayZ rip-off they hate it because its pay to win garbage that's full of broken promises. If you want an actual zombie survival MMO buy arma II and get the free DayZ mod or wait until the DayZ standalone is released, ignore this abortion of a game. Expand
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a filthy money grab. The AI is dumb and the animations are terrible, most content ripped from a failed game, hackers are everywhere, most of the map is the same with copy and pasted interiors. Game is slightly laggy on a high end system even though the graphics really aren't anything good. Pay to win, misleading screenshots and information.
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    Developers completely misrepresented the game on their steam page, including false information that would otherwise entice a user to purchase their title, treat their customer's extremely poorly, are using a model similar to a F2P, but in fact I already purchased the game -- I should not be charged for using game functions. You want to charge a monthly fee? Fine, go that route if you think you should be making more money of your **** game. But don't expect me to purchase a game marketed such as it has been, and then charge me extra money on top of what I've already paid in order to play the game.

Not to mention a ToS agreement that is an outright violation of the FTC's fair trade agreement (by agreeing to their ToS you lose your right to a refund).

This is simply a company no one should be doing business with.
  37. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought this game on steam before Valve took it off. Thankfully they are offering a refund for this blatant cash grab game. The majority of it's features are non existent and new features they have added since release are a joke. From 1 hour respawn timer to four hours - but it's not all bad when you can negate that for $.40 each time. Talk about milking the poor saps who bought this game.
  38. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is garbage. Bugs, glitches, hackers, awful graphics (even on ultra), lagg, bad company and dev's which lies all the time. The game is really awful and the developers doesn't deserve anything.
  39. Dec 27, 2012
    http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ says it all as to WHY it is a terrible game and why it must be avoidable! ppl are STILL saying the game is in beta?? they got no clue whats going on, sergey already stated the game is not alpha or beta anymore! if people did their research on the game, or even read the warz forums/steam warz forums. they would know WHY there is ton of hate towards it, again, this game is just a SCAM!!! Expand
  40. Dec 19, 2012
    Awful scaming scam this game and company is bad and they should feel bad. it was just removed off steam if thats any indcation of just how bad and ugh this makes me so angry
  41. Dec 19, 2012
    This is just a scam. The developers made a poorly working mod of war inc, promised a lot of stuff, took the money and run. I regret buying it every time I see the shortcut in my desktop.
  42. Dec 19, 2012
    Like everyone else said. The advertising for the game is intentionally misleading, and it's obvious the developers are using it as a way to get some quick money. Case in point - In order to respawn after death you must wait 4 hours, or pay real money with a credit card to instantly revive your character. This wouldn't be half as bad if they had just waited to implement it after putting in some basic social functionality like a friends list(as was advertised complete when I purchased it, but is mysteriously absent from the game). In fact, the majority of the developers efforts have gone into monetizing. You can also buy weapons and supplies for real money, but there isn't even a skill system(again, advertised as complete) in place to spend the experience you earn from kills. So what is the point of experience, then? It's too bad such shameful business practices ruined what could have been a decent game. Expand
  43. Dec 19, 2012
    The game was hyped up by only lies and false "screenshots" (concept art). The graphics are one of the worst I've ever seen in a game like this. The gameplay is TERRIBLE, as soon as you join a game you can play for 10 minutes and then you will get one-shot-killed and die. The game creator Sergey Titov claims they have a 100% accurate anti-cheat system, when they really don't have any at all.
    This game is just made to make quick and easy money. DayZ the ArmA II mod got really popular and bam, from nowhere this "WarZ" (not copying the name at all no, no) claims they had this game in development LONG before DayZ was released. Not only that, but all their information, company and everything was made when DayZ got popular. They can not prove anything they state and just decides to ban people who criticize their "game".

This game is not even a game. It's a remake of Sergey's earlier F2P game War Inc. WarZ has the same ugly exact motor as in War Inc. and the game is just broken. The AI sucks really hard too and I don't find this game enjoyable at all, hoped I've never bought this piece of crap. I'd rather **** on my money then throw it away.
  44. Dec 19, 2012
    This is quite possibly the WORST game EVER. This game is nothing more than a cash cow rushed out by an idiotic dev team to try and quickly make money and then be left alone to rot. What ever you do DON'T BUY THIS GAME! Bad Rats use to be know as the worst game ever but after this thing was released id rather spend $60 on Bad Rats then look at this piece of garbage again.
  45. Dec 19, 2012
    Taking your money and setting it on fire, may actually be more entertaining than playing this game. If you doubt me, start with a dollar. Just burn the corner a little bit. The glow, the smell - it's liberating!
  46. Dec 19, 2012
    do not purchase this game.Recently you did so many mistakes, but in today you did unacceptable something.You show your real greedy face.Everybody complain about cheating,silly bugs(abuse bug).Then what are you doing ?? aa sory you always apology to us, everytime you have excuse.since the game release you couldn't stop hacking, but it isn't problem i'm sure you have a good excuse.Then you did new update about reviving time.Game want to 50gc point(0.40$) if we want to fast revive or wait 4 hour.could you please tell me it is sensible ?Your game is big disappointment.

Uptades comes,uptades gone but cheat never stop in The Warz
    (it was ticket to warz management.and i'm turkish can be some mistakes in my text)
  47. Dec 19, 2012
    -Greedy by limiting people on how often they can play (cash shop revive)
    -Blaming us for "misreading" while they just KEEP posting false info about their game to get more purchases. -Hackers!!
    -As of right now it's CoD with some zombies, people just kill on sight I could go on and on i I sat here and wasted more of my time but I won't. Until they learn how to talk to the community and
    fix their game I can't back them up. Shadiest company I've ever seen, good luck fixing your rep. Expand
  48. Dec 19, 2012
    Stay away from this, I feel dirty for paying hard earned money for this game and supporting dev's who are basically liars see their forums and the steam debacle for evidence!, they insult their own customers continuously, I mean literally insult them!..... Their lead dev has called some of their customers **** and accused people of misreading blatantly wrong information on the steam page....... no matter how hard I scrub the dirt isn't coming off... :( Expand
  49. Dec 19, 2012
    This Game is Pathetic and so are the Devs. I bought this as soon as it came out(Oct.15) because i fell for there lies. Honestly I have never played a game that is worse than this.
  50. Dec 19, 2012
    sorry for my english , this game is so bad i registered here to write about it 1.false advertazing of map size and count : only one map and way smaller when the developers say : no private servers , no skills , no zombie hordes , false advertizing no hidden fees:want to form clan -pay . also removed from steam becouse of false advertising ::: also no anti hacking system , and they banned me permament ban and unbanned wihout any explanation after 3days aand final in game forums players are asked to rate this game 10 in metacritics if you consider to buy it google first ....i am not day z fan i newer played dayz Expand
  51. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a plague. Not even 75% finished plays plays horribly half of the promised features are not even in the game or do not work. I have never seen more false advertising for any other game in history (Been gaming for 15+ years) the developers working on this clearly just want one thing. Money they do not care about there fan base at all.... They continue to lie even after people have caught them red handed lying.. If you think burning money is fun then this game is for you other then that stay away from this. Expand
  52. Dec 19, 2012
    This game has a decent base. I originally bought this as an alpha tester, it was obvious that it was in alpha. Now they've released the game to the public under the assumption "it's complete!" and I can't support this game at all. The underlying factors of bad business practice, ethics, the very potent censoring that goes on in their forums and the Steam discussion board is all very disturbing. I'm afraid to know what will happen in the future from this company and therefore cannot recommend it to friends nor give it a good rating. People are claiming this game is in Beta, it's NOT. This is still very much an alpha or even pre-alpha game. They're nowhere near final-release (which is the definition of Beta) and have been blatantly lying to their customers. Do not buy this game. Expand
  53. Dec 19, 2012
    So bad Steam removed this game for not being anywhere near a finished product. The game is a reskin of War Inc. a horrible free to play shooter. Die a lot in scary games? Too bad, it'll cost you $0.40 microtransaction to respawn your character quicker than 4 hours for a game you've already paid $15 for.

The developer also lies about features, claiming several items that are not even
    released are part of the game.

Also, check out this quote from the Executive Producer of War Z:

"War Z on metacritic - tell us what do you think !

19 ppl think game is **** 3 think that game is good. Plese go and vote - tell us what do YOU think !
    Sergey Titov
    Executive Producer
    The War Z"

54. Dec 19, 2012
    Bad game. Many glitches and bugs horribly optimized, a buy to play game with a cash shop... (Which defeats the purpose of finding things yourself) - plz dye in a fier n nevar com bak.
  55. Dec 19, 2012
    I gave this game a zero not just because of the poor graphics, horrendous gameplay, extremely buggy state, absolutely absurd pay to play mechanics or the fact that it is largely unfinished, unpolished and poorly made...

No, what tipped me over the edge was the way the development team has handled this game, its players, its advertising and almost every single aspect of its existence.

From blatantly lying about the game's features to insisting it was the player's fault for "misreading" what they specifically stated was included, to ripping off the terms of service from League of Legends, to being a direct port from War Inc. with a few NPC's changed... to everything.

This game is a catastrophic disaster.
  56. Dec 19, 2012
    A blatant cash grab by an incompetent developer, trading on the breakthrough success of the mod which they are attempting, poorly, to copy. Bottom of the barrel crap that would be 'bargain bucket' in an era that still had such things, presented on Steam as a top-tier release. A perfect storm of lazy, dishonest scumbaggery which should warn gamers away from any future releases associated with the name Sergey Titov. Expand
  57. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is terrible. I bought it long before its "release" and its done nothing but sink in price. I'm not a fan of dayz was looking for a decent zombie survival and while it looked very promising you can't help but feel ripped off. The world is TINY. It's boring the in-game store has been expanding there's no zombie survival about it just surviving people shooting you . The gear is boring and bland. And all the dang features they swore would be in the release are still missing. The dev team to top it off is some of the biggest deniers I've ever seen. I hoped it would get better but this is an outright money grab and bail Expand
  58. Dec 19, 2012
    If you click the TOS, no refunds. AKA fraud, AKA these motherfuc*ers are breaking the law with their TOS. GG WarZ devs, GG. Also, they claim to 'ban' hackers, yet they ban innocent accounts with alot of play time just so they have to buy the game again, and there is a **** load of hackers.
  59. Dec 19, 2012
    Today i died from walking down a shallow slope and lost everything in my backpack including purchased items.
    Quite some rage i can tell ya ... at least i had some time to cool down because the respawn time just got randomly upped to FOUR hours.

Don't get me started on cheaters, spawn camper, graphics or overall buggy gameplay.
  60. Dec 29, 2012
    Awful, Awful game. Do not waste your time with this piss poor game. Take a look at the previous game made by this develeper *cough* Big Rigs *cough* and you will see why you should stay away from this game.
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought the game two months ago, from the moment the game was not added anything new that could leave a good impression of her. At this point in the game you can just walk to collect supplies and weapons, and from time to time to kill other people. At this to my deepest regret all the gameplay ends. I do not advise to buy the game for at least the next 3-4 months. All the fun will most likely not before March. I apologize for my English.

P.S Awaiting the release DayZ SA.
  62. Dec 19, 2012
    The first build was good. Now it's Pay 2 Win, PVP fest game with lots of bugs and ugly graphics. Don't buy this PoS game. I think this game was made because of the succes of DayZ. Well Hammerpoint Interactive, good job. Operation Cash Grabbing is succesful ;)
  63. Dec 19, 2012
    Calling this 'thing' a game is an insult to every video game ever made. If you put a gun to my head, I would still not buy this game. Please, whatever you do, stay far far away from this game.
  64. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is an example of when a company uses the public for Alpha and Beta testing... but charges people for it. What little time I had with the game (based on it not working) was full of bugs, crashes and massive server issues. Sergey from the development team insists it OUR fault as consumers their game is incomplete or buggy, blaming the consumer for their faults, sad, pathetic and ignorant. Also, this review is one of almost a thousand, seems that Sergey believing less then 5% of the players are unsatisfied is another marketing lie. Expand
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game of all times. Complete rip-off. An obvious, though a VERY BAD one at that, clone of Day-Z.

You want a zombie survival ---> Day Z is what you want!!!
  66. Dec 19, 2012
    First off let me say that I am a QA tester by profession and have also worked as customer service/technical support. I've worked with both SCEA and Trion Worlds as functionality and balance testing, not the most experience but enough to know what I'm looking at and what I'm looking for. While doings CS/TS I was at SoE, which is the only company in the games industry I've done that for but I do have more experience than that. What I see when I played The War Z is not a finished product. I would hesitate to even call it a beta build. I have seen Alphas that have features more fully implemented in a game then this one has at a release to the general public. You have an MMO that has no friends list (coming soon, really?) and only one map that fails to come anywhere near the size that was boasted about and promised. Couple that with the fact that the game is obviously geared to suck money out of your wallet to fund the company that put it out (world of tanks style) and I think I can safely say that this game is going to struggle from here on. Waiting to respawn your character for any period of time is crazy in a game where people can kill you, even more so when you are going to limit the amount of characters a person can have.

That's just the surface, lets get to the next part. I do play Day Z but I was more then happy to give War Z a chance to prove itself, that's why I payed money to buy it via steam. It has done nothing to impress me. It has shown to take what Day Z has done and water down parts and try and improve the graphics of it. It feels like it is a clone that is missing some of the wonderful things that make Day Z great, something I would be willing to look past if it actually seemed like it was going to be free once the initial purchase was done. The fact that you are making people pay for a game and then expect them to spend even more money is laughable at best, you should have taken a page out of League of Legends (since you took their ToS at the start) and tried to stick closer to that. A free game that, if you want to, you can spend money in for small things that will not improve your game play.

Finally I see a problem with how you are handling the community. You are saying that people are lying simply to save face, or at least implying it, about being banned wrongfully. You should ]NEVER come out and say that about your customer, even if it is true. If a player feels they were banned and shouldn't have been then you should give them a fair chance to present their case and give them a response in a timely manner. If you can not respond to all customers in a timely manner, which considering what is happening right now I would think is happening, you should at least send you a generic response to all open tickets that you are extremely busy and working on getting back to them. At least let them know that you are trying to handle everyone's problems, communication is more important than most people think when they become a suit.

So for those of you that are tl;dr here is the break down.

The game feels like it is still in alpha, not something that should have been released. The concept for the micro-transactions is completely off base for an MMO and makes it feel like you are desperately trying to pull in money to finish the game. Your custom service team is, most likely, swamped and not even close to prepared for the influx of customers an MMO is going to bring you with problems. Your community team is treating people terrible on the forums from the majority of the reports which will hurt your company in the long run.
  67. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is a bad excuse for a game worth charging money for. Everything from character animations, textures and models range within very low quality. The GUI is horrible, as is the game experience. The game does not live up to what it promises, and with it's micro transaction system seemingly being one of the few things actually working in this excuse for a game, it is headed towards it's own demise, looking and playing like nothing but one big scam project to earn some quick bucks off of unaware costumers. I will change my rating according to what changes the game will undertake but until then I can only give 0 for an expensive game that can't deliver what it promises. Expand
  68. Dec 20, 2012
    This game gave me diarrhea the first time I tried to play it, so I wouldn't ever suggest trying it yourself. It's an atrocity that rests in the absolute worst events of history, a true crime against humanity, really. Buggy, Laggy and nearly unplayable due to spawn camping and other goodies, this game proves once and for all that you shouldn't try to rip off the competition, especially when your ripoff makes Chinese copies of American products look good. Expand
  69. Dec 19, 2012
    Over a month ago, I bought The War Z and must say: I am disappointed.
    I was under the impression this would be a similar, albeit much greater game than the free mod, "DayZ." However, when I got into the game, I found it rather lacking comparatively. It is a solid enough game, that is true, but the description included multiple maps of a much larger size than this, as well as mechanics
    that just don't exist in-game. I don't know if they intend to add these things with future updates, but the last update I saw lengthened the death time and added the option to buy in-game currency through your account, much like a free2play game. I'm not sure what is going on with this game, but I give it a 0 for blatantly sleazy salesmanship. Expand
  70. Dec 19, 2012
    Sergey, you're a lying f**k with a deceitfully sh*tty copycat game, and you helped develop one of the WORST games ever conceived with Big Rigs. You need to accept these things as fact, and fix them. You pissed off the gaming community, now you need to pay with blood, sweat and tears. Fix this hunk of dogsh*t game, fix your bad attitude, and reevaluate your life and how you treat us gamers, then MAYBE we'll hand you our hard earned cash. Expand
  71. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought it in Alpha, game was fun at the beginning then cheaters started ruining the fun every few hours.. Not interested anymore in that rip-off. So sad I can't have a refund...
  72. Dec 23, 2012
    I thought the warz was going to be good but now I realize it is horrible one reason is that I bought the game and it said i did not but now I agree it is horrible
  73. Dec 19, 2012
    this is just scam. there are numerous bugs, cheats, hacks and what do the developers do? they release a patch to increase the re-spawn time from 1 hour to 4 hours to get money from their instant re-spawn system. 40 US cent per re-spawn. you have got only five character slots.

even valve is apologizing and does now admit it was a mistake and has taken it down from steam.
  74. Dec 19, 2012
    It's not just that game is incomplete, or bugged. At first it was a good idea for a game.

But, lying about features, ignoring player base and punishing regular buyers is just unacceptable. Worst. Game. Ever.
  75. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not purchase this game...game is terrible, in game purchases with real currency is a ripoff, game looks like major crap, controls like crap, zombies move and attack like crap, features they promised on steam are missing and lies and above all this game is just a huge scam to squeeze every penny out of dumb consumers who fell for the **** they spewed out....avoid this game like the plague.
  76. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. The price was reduced to less than $15 in order to squeeze as much money from the game before it dies. I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems.

and they even copy paste their artwork on their website from other
    copyrighted material around the internet. proof : http://s16.postimage.org/atacxy4et/Zombies.jpg Expand
  77. Jul 19, 2013
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! The developer, Sergei Titov is a fraud and A CHEAT and THE GAME IS AS WELL. The developer himself SHOULD BE IN PRISON FOR ALL OF THE CRAP HE'S PUT OUT OVER THE YEARS. DOO NOOOOOOT BUYYYYY THIIIIIIIIS GAAAAMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!!
  78. Dec 19, 2012
    The reason people are Mad is because in order to receive a refund they force you to sign a new ToS (terms of service ) and in the new ToS by signing it you wave all rights to a refund. That and mass banning people.
  79. Dec 19, 2012
    All those people that give it zero - that's not fair, it's not that bad. But it doesn't deserve more than 1/10. Definitely a beta, it's boring, and the player community is filled with griefers and spambots.

Blatant ripoff of dayz in every way, except the good ones.
  80. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game ever released, both in terms of gameplay and of the studio's attitude. The core features are missing or badly implemented. More than half of what is advertised is false. For example, the stealth system is a simple radius depending on whether you're standing still/walking/running. No progression or slow decreasing when changing of state and so on. Also, most people that gives a good review do it to "balance the score" or against "DayZ fanboys". They're bringing the subject themselves. Expand
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    Right now, this game is awful, I'm giving it a 0 because even though I've enjoyed this game and still do with friends (honestly, who doesn't enjoy playing anything with friends? even awful games) but right now it's a complete disaster.

The developers make two bad choices for each right one, they turned this game into a cash grabbing machine, you pay for the game and then you pay to
    revive your characters earlier (previously you had a 1 hour respawn timer, now you have 4 hours of waiting time and you have to pay to revive early).

Honestly, I don't recommend this game as it is right now to anyone, don't waste your money, save it for DayZ standalone, Dead Linger, Dead Matter, Project Zomboid or anything of the kind!
    This game looks like it's being run by the russian mafia, it's full of bugs and hackers, lots of missing features that were supposed to be already out, they lie to their customers, they ban anyone who disagrees with their views, they have taken your entitlement to a refund away as soon as you agree to the TOS, there is censorship all over their forums and above all, they focus more on marketing with false claims of features that aren't in the game yet and on their money grabbing in-game market than they focus on finishing their ALPHA game, that's right this game is an alpha and all they care about is money!
    It's a mess!
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    I once though about buying this game someday. That was before all the drama involved with the Steam release of the game. The gaming industry doesn't need unprofessional developer that treat their customer like idiots.
  83. Dec 19, 2012
    Awful graphics compared to the majority of similar games, poor HUD, poor map, micro-transactions, lies on the Steam descriptions of the game, and lies from the devs - the only good thing about this game is that Steam have taken it down and are offering refunds to everyone who bought it.

Do not buy this game, now or ever - the devs have shown with their dishonesty and censorship that
    they don't deserve your money. Expand
  84. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is okay...if it werent full of lies and blatant organized money theft. In order to kill zombies, you need to buy gold to buy in global server...but as soon as you land in server, some guy is waiting for you to gun you down....then you have to wait 1hr (now 4hr unless you pay) steam took it off buyability list and offers refunds now
  85. Dec 19, 2012
    I been playing this game since day one. I really gave this game a chance. This game is has a really bad hacking problem and the devs don't know how to handle. The devs are a joke they thing there anti hack is working well I'm here to tell you that it's not. I bought a $15 copy of the game and used hacks for 5 days got ban in there big ban wave for hacking. The really cool part 2 days later they un ban me saying they are sorry for banning my account and I was not hacking (which I was) and they also gave me 1000GC for my lost time. Not only did I get my account un ban I know a bunch of other hackers who also got there account un ban as well. Every time they come out with a patch they fix one thing and break about 10 other things. Don't tell me this game will get better or its beta or alpha or whatever they case maybe. The devs have no clue what they are doing with this game and it is to late to fix it. Expand
  86. Feb 26, 2013
    Sadly, still a bad game with the patches. Please don't waste your money, really, this is a copy of DayZ mod. If you still want to waste your money, just throw it through the window.
  87. Dec 19, 2012
    Hammerpoint's WarZ, with their bait-n-switch tactics, false advertising and decreasingly excellent credibility, has become the online gaming version of the TSA: brainless zombies grabbing at your junk for no apparent reason, who then try to charge you for the privilege of being so continually violated.
  88. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought the game awhile ago and it showed prospects, still does, but and its a big BUT the developers seem keen to merely milk those supporting the game for all their worth.
    FINE, the Steam write up was a mistake, maybe. BUT then don't charge for re-spawns the day after without at least first fixing the hacker problem mainly because of the logical reason that lots of people are joining a
    game at the moment 'surviving' for ten minutes and then are quickly killed by a clear and obvious hacker. The message this gives may not be intentional but its effectively, Pay 2 Buy our Game, Play our Game, Get Killed By Cheats, Pay More, That last part could be rinse and repeat obviously dependent on the dedication of the player. Oh and then effectively censoring what you want us to say about your game...low, and just increases everyone suspicion levels to Defcon 4. I get it though its in Beta or Alpha, it takes time to fix the bugs, it takes time to improve the game, But (theirs that word again) don't charge us an arm and a leg while your doing it. If and when this game was improved open, basically FIXED, I would have happily nown and again paid to respawn, if I was enjoying it. Does it sound like I'm enjoying it at the moment. The only two conclusions I can make looking at the overall picture are SCAM or DEV Financial issue fix (opinion) . I hope its neither and just bad decision making in which case, fix it. Expand
  89. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible game. Plagued with bugs, glitches, lag, no tutorial of any kind, graphics and textures suck even on ultra. Framerate is bad. Login issues. Miles of area in the game with absolutely nothing - no buildings, no items, no monsters, nothing. New player spawn location(s) / algorithms are crap. Half of promised features are missing. False advertising on steam store page. Now it has been removed from Steam completely with a public apology from a spokesperson of steam. Don't waste a second of your time or a penny of your money on this garbage. Expand
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    It's a beta that claims it's not. It's a ripoff of DayZ and it doesn't even have as many gameplay elements. It is poorly made and a terrible excuse for a game. BLAM THIS POS.
  91. Dec 19, 2012
    I purchased this game because on paper it looks great. Hordes of zombies, giant map, adventure! In reality, this game is none of these. Zombies are a bare-bones path finding AI, simple proximity based. Nothing smart about them, and certainly not in hordes. If more than one is chasing you, its likely at least two will look the same, since they only made about five different zombie skins. Also they chase in straight lines, so instead of a roaming wall of zeds coming for you. Its a line, a cute line of zombies.

Moving on. Huge world. The site claims the map is 100+ Sq Km. It is in fact roughly 72. Adventure! No. There is no adventure, just endless running. No items to be found, just endless running. No places to hold out from zeds, just endless running. Running, running, running, running. In fact, this game should be called "Running Simulator 2013" except for the fact that your only lightly jogging most of the time and sprinting is limited to about 200 in-game meters. Finally there is the plethora of lies from the developers about the features on the steam page, and their website. If you look at today's (12/19/12) PC gamer stories, you can see the developers blaming the gamers for this. Bad game.
    Bad developers.
    Bad bad bad.

DO NOT BUY!
  92. Dec 19, 2012
    I created an account just to give this game a negative review. The developer's shameless begging for people to upvote this game was enough to bring me here to express my opinion. An awful clone of a game that already exists, with ridiculous bans on users, outright lies in advertising, and a backhanded apology by the company. Truly disgusting game and company overall.
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    Negative points about this game:

* Majority of content appears to be directly lifted from other games, shows, or artwork, with minimal to no changes
    * Developer provided blatantly false advertising when the game was published on Steam, then blamed it on gamers "misunderstanding" what they said
    * Developer waited until *after* mass purchases on Steam to increase respawn delay from 1 to
    4 hours, and implement a real-money payment option to bypass respawn delay. Blatant cash grab move, and this after advertising "no hidden fees, no paid DLC," etc.
    * Speaking of no paid DLC, items you purchased with real money are lost when you die, meaning you have to re-purchase them.
    * Game advertised up to 100 players, multiple areas with maps (plural) ranging from 100-400 square km, and spending experience/skill points to upgrade skills. Buyers of the game learned that it came with one single map with only approximately 73 square km playable (the rest was locked), capped at a maximum of 50 players rather than 100, and no hint of skill points or skill upgrades.
    * When challenged about claims and releasing a game that was effectively a beta that was nowhere near done or ready, the developer claimed that the game was fully out of beta stage, but would never be "finished" because online games are always evolving. This in the face of a clear message in the version released on Steam that stated "ALPHA TEST FUNCTIONALITY SUBJECT TO CHANGE."
    * Developers have reportedly randomly banned players through the use of "lure" items that will trigger its automatic anti-hack system, permanently banning game accounts of those players. Complaints on the developer forum about unethical bans like this are ignored or deleted.

This developer is also the genius behind "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing." If he was not notorious for releasing shoddy, barely finished junk to the public and trying to scrape cash in while doing the absolute bare minimum and never actually providing a working final product, he should be now. He insults you for "misunderstanding" his lies, makes lots of claims that are not true, lifts most of his work from previous projects (some that aren't even his own), and is in just about every way a perfect example of what NOT to do as a game developer.

This game is absolutely not worth your money. Check the official forums or do some Google searching if you question any of this.
  94. Dec 19, 2012
    For all good and peaceful on this planet, stay away from this game. It is a pay-to-play game, nothing more.
    The developer lied, then blamed the customers for being and I quote "idiots" and misunderstanding them. They ported their previous game "War Inc. Battle-zone" and, re-skinned it to make "WarZ". They have stolen countless artwork and used it as their one. Their game banner for one
    thing. They have never met a deadline, the game is horrible in literally all possible aspects a piece of entertainment software can have. I honestly cannot believe that in this day and age, a business can go through with all that. One would assume that the consumer base has grown as a collective group, but it seems that only if the part of the group that is awake, and not blinded by corporate misleading, causes an uproar, things may change. Expand
  95. Dec 19, 2012
    This game has continued to disappoint those who were looking for a DayZ clone and those who simply wanted another zombie game. No matter the case, the game is obviously deeply flawed at its core level with heavily ingrained in-game-purchased, hardcoded mechanics to force you to purchase those IGP items, and more still to punish those who try to play for free.

The game itself was
    mismarketed and the developers behavior has been despciable. Stay away, or get a refund. Expand
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    This game gave me cancerous hemorrhoids... Sort of saddens me that STEAM released this game on their platform... Quality control much??

Thankfully its off the platform now, and hopefully it won't get back in there.
  97. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is an absolute scam. Nothing has been added to it since it was released yet the company making it claims that they have already gone through alpha and beta and the game is now released. They sell the game based on lies, false promises, and doctored screenshots which show impossible in game situations and features that simply do not exist.

Almost none of the features the
    company lists and being in game currently actually appear. When they first put the game on Steam they claimed to have multiple maps and hundred player servers and even these simple basic game elements they were lying about. Even after having to edit their Steam page to better reflect how the game actually is they just put up another list of features that aren't actually in the game and then lied about the map size and players per server some more.

The entire game is just a poorly executed mod for the companies other FREE 2 PLAY game War Inc: Battlezones. The only difference being the UI and that there are now zombies (which have horribly broken AI and don't even perform as shown in screenshots). That is it other than that you are just getting a failed Free2Play shooter on a different map (a map which is much closer to 10 square kilometers than the 100 the company tries to claim it is).

This game has now been removed from being purchasable on Steam and Valve even went so far as to post a public apology for even placing this game in the store in the first place with all of its false advertisements and the fact that it is nowhere even close to being a finished product.

The screenshots that they use to advertise their game and claim is actual in game footage shows multiple features that the company hasn't even started working on yet. They also show tons more zombies than actually appear in the game. They recently tried to up the zombie count (even still it is nowhere near what we see in their screenshots) and all they managed to do is cause every single person, even those running top of the line machines, to get a severe drop in performance.

The same day that the released the game on Steam they also made it so that when you die in the game you have to wait 4 hours to respawn. That is unless you visit their cash shop and purchase the new insta-revive which was also added the day it went one Steam. This is the definition of Pay2Win.

This game expects you to not only buy the game, which is simply a mod for a Free2Play game by the same company, but then in addition to this they run a cash shop filled with almost every item in the game (for instance you can buy 100round drum mag NATO rounds which are used in about 8 different not even rare guns in the game). They also expect players to pay for additional clan slots if you want more than 4 people including yourself in the clan. You will also be renting the game servers when they decide to start letting people do that.

I gave this game a 0/10 because it is not even a game it is a poorly executed modification for a failed free FPS and is being sold on nothing more than a pack of lies and doctored screenshots. How this game hasn't been sued yet for false advertising is beyond me and I bet it is just a matter of time.
  98. Dec 19, 2012
    The people who made this game are straight up con artists. After the game started selling from false advertising on features that aren't even in the game; they added a 4 hour respawn time to your character and give you the option to pay real money to bring your character back to life so you don't have to wait 4 damn hours to start playing again. Skip this abortion of a game.
  99. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a scam. Spent hard earned cash on it, and it really hurts knowing that Titov the scumbag is making off with it now. Don't care about the merits of the game-- it was blatantly false advertising.
  100. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is a waste of everyones time unless you like to give your money away to random bums that make video games so you can support thier third world living expenses. Its a scam and rip off.

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.