8.5

1. Jan 23, 2014
    It is very difficult to put down in words what makes INSURGENCY so great, and once you start to try to list all those smaller things that add up to the greatness you are afraid that you will forget so many things leaving the reader with an inaccurate description of the game.

Most games are just games or just experiences. INSURGENCY is a game and an experience at the same time.
  2. Jan 23, 2014
    I just made an account on metacritic just to tell you how awsome this game is.
    Hardcore-Realism-Teamwork are the three aspects of this game. If you are looking into
    such experience dont hesitate just go for it. CoD-BF and other fps are just time-wasters in front of this. There is lack of community atm though..I hope this is just a temporary state and people who loves fps give more
    I just made an account on metacritic just to tell you how awsome this game is.
    and people who loves fps give more appreciation on this game.
  3. Jan 26, 2014
    This game like battlefield 2, red orchestra, counter strike in ONE PICE! Intresting and deep multiplayer experience ! If you are hardcore FPS gamer YOU MAST BUY THIS GAME!
    P.S. Sorry for my english. See you in the battle.
  4. Aug 10, 2014
    So realistic and fun. A can guarantee you this is far more better than Battlefield and COD. With developers hard work, both on map making and game play balancing, you get a prominent game experience . In addition, all DLC are free.
  5. Jan 24, 2014
    When game was in beta and maps was ugly, I played it for the first time and then I thought "wow, this game will be successful". Despite of ugliness, even then it was great. Throughout the development time, Insurgency was getting better and better - you could see, that almost everything in game was right.
    And now it became one of the best tactical shooters. Not so hardcore as Arma, not so casual as CS or CoD, but just right. All thanks to source engine and excellent game mechanic. Congratulations to New World Interactive.
  6. Jan 27, 2014
    Lack of contents because dev needed financial support, so -1. But the gameplay is one of the most smoothest. Definately deserves score 10. I loved the mod, even since 2005(2 years before the release of the mod) i kept looking on it how Insurgency grows, and i'm happy that Insurgency became a successful indie game. Hope to see more great large maps, though!
  7. Apr 2, 2014
    An amazing realistic shooter. The guns feel and sound great, and this game is very detailed and feel very authentic. You have to play it if you are a fan of realistic shooters, one of the best ever made.
  8. Feb 22, 2014
    This game is like any other war on terror type shooter, but is also very unique. And rather difficult, too.

The different game modes offer a very enticing and exciting game play that sets it apart from games such as Call of Duty. The game has a very good sense of realism in that there are no hit indicators to tell you where you've been shot from, it doesn't take many shots to kill - fewer from the neck up - and the only feature that breaks the realism is the small indicators to show you that the person next to you is a teammate, and also where the objectives are. That's it! No radar either, which makes the game even more involving.

This is by far the most realistic shooter I have ever experienced, and the four pack I bought for my friends and I was a damned good buy. Highly recommended.
  9. Apr 17, 2014
    Insurgency is one of the best games I have ever played. The graphics might not be stunning but the gameplay is. It brands itself as a tactical and realistic shooter, and it is. I have 200 hours into this game so far and don't regret one second of it.
  10. Jan 27, 2014
    Excellent tactical gameplay mixed with realistic weapon and movement mechanics make for a one of a kind FPS experience. Still rough around the edges in terms of presentation and polish, but the core game is easy to recommend.
  11. Jun 12, 2014
    You take a little bit of Counter-Strike, A lot of Red Orchestra/Rising Storm, and the smallest spec of ARMA, and you have Insurgency. This game actually makes you think quiet seriously how to slice the pie of doors and windows, forces you to consider the tunnel of death, and silhouette, and finnaly, Teamwork makes the Dream work, when you enter a scene on CS, there are 2/3 points of entryYou take a little bit of Counter-Strike, A lot of Red Orchestra/Rising Storm, and the smallest spec of ARMA, and you have Insurgency. This game actually makes you think quiet seriously how to slice the pie of doors and windows, forces you to consider the tunnel of death, and silhouette, and finnaly, Teamwork makes the Dream work, when you enter a scene on CS, there are 2/3 points of entry and exit and up to around 5-6 for visual spots, ARMA, you have a full 360 degree to maintain, while RO/RS amount of windows and doors, see spots, and entry exit spots are around the same in Insurgency. You really need a mic and headphones or you are in for trouble. Teammates need to cover your weak sides, and you should really communicate with your team on attacking known enemy locations, I am on the right side of the door I am looking left your on left looking right I am going to run in, you watch my back. But be careful 3D audio makes it where lintel can be taken but false lintel can confuse the enemy, plus I love shouting into the mic Allah Akbar as terrorist in a gunfight where the enemy can hear me and perchance miss his few key shots. It is so pleasurable to duck into cover have thenm blow 15/20ish shots and then slide out to the other side crouch lean out and fire 2-3 to end it, it gives me so much enjoyment, my heart races like going 100 MPH or being on a roller coaster. I have been in so many close calls, I have been utterly destroyed countless times, and I have destroyed the enemy quiet regularly with 9 KD or 7 KD I love it. Expand
  12. Feb 8, 2014
    The FPS I've been searching forever for

I always thought I could go into hardcore mode on a game like COD or BF if I wanted more enhanced gameplay. After owning a game like Insurgency, I realized there was no point.
  13. Feb 9, 2014
    As most of the people i see writing reviews here i signed up just to review this awesome game. Let me first start with the Developers. YOU CANT FIND a more dedicated and reliable group of guys to make a awesome game. With such a small group its mind blowing how kickass this game is. The team work is essential in this game and so is a microphone. Communication, awareness and patience areAs most of the people i see writing reviews here i signed up just to review this awesome game. Let me first start with the Developers. YOU CANT FIND a more dedicated and reliable group of guys to make a awesome game. With such a small group its mind blowing how kickass this game is. The team work is essential in this game and so is a microphone. Communication, awareness and patience are what will keep you alive and helping your team in this game. This isn't some AAA company (which we all know the few i'm pointing out) claiming to be something it isn't. They took a risk of mixing DOD 1.3 , COD1, CSS and Red Orchestra into one. They couldn't have done it more fluid. The game is constantly being updated and patched. New guns are to come soon, along with maps. To sum this all up you honestly owe it yourself to give this game a try. for 15$ and a active Dev team. YOU CANT GO WRONG! Expand
  14. Mar 14, 2014
    Coming from Titanfall, CoD, and BF this is much more refreshing. I'm just tired of playing the same games repacked with a new name every year. This takes me back to early Counter Strike and CoD days. It's more team oriented to win, and it just gives you that feeling of playing a hardcore shooter. It doesn't have multimillion dollar production value, or a a lot of trumped up menus, andComing from Titanfall, CoD, and BF this is much more refreshing. I'm just tired of playing the same games repacked with a new name every year. This takes me back to early Counter Strike and CoD days. It's more team oriented to win, and it just gives you that feeling of playing a hardcore shooter. It doesn't have multimillion dollar production value, or a a lot of trumped up menus, and voice overs, but it reminds us all that in the end none of that matters because in the end we just want solid game play. That is what this game delivers, and at a price tag of 15 bucks. What are you waiting for? Expand
  15. Mar 14, 2014
    A fantastic indie FPS. Imagine if Counterstrike and Arma 2 had a baby and you get this title. It brings a deep and hardcore tactical experience while staying accessible to the less "hardcore" gamer. While Red Orchestra 2 has a heavy learning curve that took me weeks to finally master, Insurgency was like putting on a pair of worn shoes. It masterfully manages to play to the "hardcore"A fantastic indie FPS. Imagine if Counterstrike and Arma 2 had a baby and you get this title. It brings a deep and hardcore tactical experience while staying accessible to the less "hardcore" gamer. While Red Orchestra 2 has a heavy learning curve that took me weeks to finally master, Insurgency was like putting on a pair of worn shoes. It masterfully manages to play to the "hardcore" crowd while taking little time to learn and understand the game. A truly well done FPS game to say the least. Expand
  16. Apr 1, 2014
    Awesome game if you want to be in the middle of COD and Arma. It's realistic but not to realistic to be boring. On public it can be a hectic place with a lot of new players that just haven't really grasped the consept yet.

As I am currently also playing the Ladder and the Cup I can tell you the competative aspect of Insurgency is although in the early stages verry promising. The opening cup has just been played on ESL and there are more and more clans flocking to the competative ladders/cups.

I would recommend this game to people from any FPS background if you have seen footage and know what the game entales.
  17. Apr 2, 2014
    Finally a developer that listens and interacts with the community. Dedicated servers, Map tools and built on the Source engine so modding is supported as well. Game play is challenging but not frustrating. The Coop mode is exceptionally fun with a group of friends.

Maybe not as graphically intense as the $60 games but this allows PC players with lower end machines to play and compete. You cannot find a better value in fps games.

Highly recommend!!!
  18. Jan 24, 2014
    Used to play this game when it was just a CS:S mod and it's come a long way since then. It's an unforgiving realistic game that's actually fun to play (unlike the arma series in my opinion). The objectives are clear and games can go from a minute or two (if you are lucky/unlucky) to 20+ minutes. For $15 this game is well worth it.
  19. Jan 31, 2014
    Insurgency is great game that doesn't follow current FPS trend. It pretty much like highly realistic Counter Strike or modern era Red Orchestra game. It is fast pace(compare to other realistic shooter). It has great balance between realism and fun. It realistic to some minor which most of shooter in market ignored. And it reward teamwork very well. It also yell "F*** COD and BF!".
  20. Mar 9, 2014
    Realistic, comfortable gameplay, hardcore, teamwork requiered. FUN

Maybe the thing I like the most from this game is the fact that there are no vehicles-rush (BF); nor akimbos (CoD); nor kill-streaks, nor battlepacks, nor ranking up or anything like so. Even when you are n00b you have the same weps that the most hardcore players, which means fun for everyone. Yes! Fun, I know that
    Realistic, comfortable gameplay, hardcore, teamwork requiered. FUN

Yes! Fun, I know that in other shooters fun means instant respawn and doing a session of sprinting around the whole map, but the game is so well designed that you are afraid of taking the bomb when you are at the next room, you are carefull of every sound, to every movement, because if you don`t you will be death soon. This game is incredible. It realy takes you inside.
  21. Apr 1, 2014
    This is THE BEST multiplayer only first person shooter i have ever played. I loved it years ago as a mod (and still do), and i love it now in early access. The way it plays is completely original with the fun and intense game modes that just don't exist in any other games. If you find a good squad (and team) the game gets really fun and intense. The voice chat is also awesome sinceThis is THE BEST multiplayer only first person shooter i have ever played. I loved it years ago as a mod (and still do), and i love it now in early access. The way it plays is completely original with the fun and intense game modes that just don't exist in any other games. If you find a good squad (and team) the game gets really fun and intense. The voice chat is also awesome since everyone, including the enemy, can hear you from a realistic distance, and then when you get out of voice range your squad members can talk to you over the radio. Overall, this game is worth way more than 60 bucks, and you can get it for 15 (or less on sale). So get it. Now.

I'm over 400 hours into this game. Buying it for such a low price is like robbing the developers.
  22. Apr 12, 2014
    This game is exactly what I've been looking for in a shooter. It plays like a mix of the tactical realistic shooter like Arma and the first call of duty modern warfare. Perfect for some who wants more realism that the run around and shoot COD/Battlefield games and the slow moving ultra realistic Arma.
  23. Feb 9, 2014
    First of all, this game is for anyone who is looking for tactical-FPS. It's not easy at the start but, when you learn the game mechanics and get used to weapons it becomes a pure fun. If you looking for combination of Cod: MW maps, realism of Red orchestra and mechanics of Counter Strike this game is for you. It's a good mix of simulation and action.
  24. Feb 12, 2014
    Best shooter of this year.Hard but exciting.You can feel some of the real battlefield in this game.Just like they said,If you're looking for a game that promotes teamwork and realism this is the game to get. Insurgency is trying to differentiate itself from top sellers like COD and BF by adding a ton more realism in every way, and it does it damn well.
  25. Feb 18, 2014
    I too, felt like I had to make an account. I'd like to just say buy it, it's just awesome!
    I stopped playing all counter strikes, and most game that I have like BF4 etc... This game reminds me of when I first played a FPS. It is very fresh, it is a lot of fun. My son even stopped playing on his xbox one, and now plays this game more than his xbox! Simply put... learn how to play it, go slow and don't rush...

The fear of going around corner is scary and the fun of taking a room etc as a team is OMG additive.

Working with a team is a must! Team work, while taking a room is not like other FPS, you have to do it with skill, you can't just run in and shoot everyone.
  26. Mar 11, 2014
    I won't lie, this game seemed quite boring to me and look pretty bad but have playing it. Well all I can say that if you love a hardcore and realistic shooter then you will love this.

You start the game with several different game modes from players vs players to players vs bots where the players have to work together to successfully win the level by achieving different task required such as blowing up an ammo cache.

The game feels really realistic because of the way you can die so easily but also the class customisation is important and how the bots/players will try to take you down. You can't just rush in and kill everything as that will not work and you willl be shot down very quickly. You need to take your time and use your surroundings as cover and slowly move up checking your corners.

Overall this game is great and fun to play, the game settings are nice bringing everything that you need.
  27. Apr 2, 2014
    This is really the best game i have played. I will start with the voice acting. Others might not agree, but i find it hilarious and really good. The weapons look realistic and also feel really good to shoot. . The RPG especially is fun to use. The gameplay is super intense and really fun once you get the feel for it. So far the community is really great. Also, this is probably the mostThis is really the best game i have played. I will start with the voice acting. Others might not agree, but i find it hilarious and really good. The weapons look realistic and also feel really good to shoot. . The RPG especially is fun to use. The gameplay is super intense and really fun once you get the feel for it. So far the community is really great. Also, this is probably the most realistic game i have ever played. I've logged over a hundred hours and plan on logging much more. And it is a good deal ($15 on steam, with 2 sales since it was launched). I feel like buying it on sale would be cheating the devs, they did such a good job. Expand
  28. Apr 8, 2014
    Insurgency has become by far my favorite FPS. I have Battlefield, CoD and CS but I quit playing them since I downloaded this game. What I love about it is that it is very tactical and an awesome multi-player. This game is very realistic in the sense that you would see the gun behave as you would in the real world, the recoil is just too real. You don't have to empty 1 magazine on yourInsurgency has become by far my favorite FPS. I have Battlefield, CoD and CS but I quit playing them since I downloaded this game. What I love about it is that it is very tactical and an awesome multi-player. This game is very realistic in the sense that you would see the gun behave as you would in the real world, the recoil is just too real. You don't have to empty 1 magazine on your enemy to kill him (like Battlefield) two or three rounds do the job. Expand
  29. Apr 12, 2014
    Insurgency Is Very Realistic Game So Everybody Can Try Be Like In Real War Not Like In Battlefield!
    So I Like This Game For Realistic Action And TeamWork So I Recommend You Buy It!
  30. Apr 13, 2014
    Bought this game on a whim and I'm glad I did. Despite the bugs (mostly to do with the gun graphics interacting with the environment) its a great game with unlimited re playability (probably more than even CSS/GO if more maps are developed). The maps themselves are fairly well thought out, although repetitive elements do arise and areas within the maps can sometimes seem or be identical.Bought this game on a whim and I'm glad I did. Despite the bugs (mostly to do with the gun graphics interacting with the environment) its a great game with unlimited re playability (probably more than even CSS/GO if more maps are developed). The maps themselves are fairly well thought out, although repetitive elements do arise and areas within the maps can sometimes seem or be identical. The combat is refreshing and really my only qualm is that the game doesn't take into account trajectories the same way BF4 would (middle crosshair will always hit the target, despite the range). Hopefully this would be an update later one since they have already promised many updates in the future (they actually recently released one which has vastly improved the game). I think given another year, this game will be increasingly popular and refined. Expand
  31. Apr 14, 2014
    insurgency is nothing but raw. no crosshair, no dogs, airstrikes, satellites or any other crap. amazing ambient noise and weapon mechanics. also the grenades are incredible, great sound and realistic aoe. i like the wave spawning concept very much, really nice innovation supporting the team play. i think the only annoying thing so far is the restricted area **** where you cant shootinsurgency is nothing but raw. no crosshair, no dogs, airstrikes, satellites or any other crap. amazing ambient noise and weapon mechanics. also the grenades are incredible, great sound and realistic aoe. i like the wave spawning concept very much, really nice innovation supporting the team play. i think the only annoying thing so far is the restricted area **** where you cant shoot anybody but the opponent can shoot you like a dog and for the people saying its because of the possibility of spawn killing, that's ****. most of the restricted areas are not even near the spawn point and its just stupid that you're getting punished instead of rewarded for getting behind enemy lines. also some boxes, tables, roofs or spots are not accessable due to area restrictions which sucks because from the looks and the jumping ability it should be perfectly possible. not enough freedom for creativity in that department. all in all i cant wait for more updates. i hope they bring back baghdad and maybe a new pistol. Expand
  32. Apr 17, 2014
    This game worth a 10. I played fps since CS passing then to Cod and BF but this is how a realistic fps should be: 1 shot 1 kill, aiming its difficoult and all weapons have different recoil (you can just not think to kill a man 100 feet away with an mp5). teams have different classes and roles and all the game is about conquering stretegic points and completing objectives more than merlyThis game worth a 10. I played fps since CS passing then to Cod and BF but this is how a realistic fps should be: 1 shot 1 kill, aiming its difficoult and all weapons have different recoil (you can just not think to kill a man 100 feet away with an mp5). teams have different classes and roles and all the game is about conquering stretegic points and completing objectives more than merly kill the other team (since the respawn is connected to the objectives fulfillment). A way better than other fps that more and more try to ruin the simplicity of the game with a kinda of usless **** Expand
  33. Apr 17, 2014
    in a world of high budget, over promising but under delivering FPS team based shooters, insurgency is a breath of fresh air! The depth, level of detail, gameplay and versatility make this a must buy, especially for the price. Recent updates have been improving every aspect and the game keeps getting bigger and better. Get it now! Ktxbye
  34. Oct 30, 2014
    I just want to tell you one and only thing about this game. Insurgency is the most realistic shooter at the moment. Of course, Insurgency has some minuses, but realism is on fire (except ballistics :D)...! ;)
  35. Aug 17, 2014
    Better than Battlefield, COD, and Counter strike. This might be hard to believe, but it's true. Insurgency missions are tactical, realistic, but not overly complicated or requiring a million unlock achievements. There are lots of servers and players, and it all works fast and smooth as silk. The feel of game play is something close to perfect and I just love playing it.
  36. Sep 30, 2014
    What I like best about Insurgency is its realistic sense of damage taken. Ever played Battlefield and taken a dozen rounds and still lived? Here when you get shot, most of the time your dead. If your wounded then things go fuzzy and disorienting for a moment, then your health stays at the damage taken until you get hit again and die. Excellent FPS battling, amazing for an indie gameWhat I like best about Insurgency is its realistic sense of damage taken. Ever played Battlefield and taken a dozen rounds and still lived? Here when you get shot, most of the time your dead. If your wounded then things go fuzzy and disorienting for a moment, then your health stays at the damage taken until you get hit again and die. Excellent FPS battling, amazing for an indie game and definitely worth the $15. Would be most excellent with some more maps and vehicles. Expand
  37. Mar 4, 2014
    Red Orchestra 2 and CS:GO had a baby named Insurgency and he's growing up fast! The mod was amazing, but now NWI have outdone themselves. Buy it now.

Minor quibbles which knocked it down to a 9/10: - victims of non-lethal hits to the torso should realistically suffer somehow (e.g. getting knocked down, severe slow-down or suppression effects, etc.) - need to quickly see the

Minor quibbles which knocked it down to a 9/10:

- need to quickly see the load-outs of team members in the load-out screen (e.g. to make sure somebody has the C4)

- joining games with the map filter should filter on the server's map list, not just the current map

- sprinting past the edges of doorways and other geometry can bring you to a complete stand-still (it would be nice if you could bump-off and around things as you do with other players)

- the already excellent 3D VOIP system needs to be augmented with an AI that automatically mutes immature punks
  38. May 16, 2014
    What is awesome about this game - it's so freaking scary when you in shootout. Great sounds and mechanics. Luck of community but I hope its a temporary
  39. Nov 3, 2014
    It's a very tactical team-based shooter. Reminds me of the old school Rainbow Six games without the map waypoint strategy. The strategy happens real-time between players over the in-game VOIP system. You die and you're out. Your only chance at a respawn is your team mates making it to the next objective, else you all start at the beginning of the mission again. This forces one to play as aIt's a very tactical team-based shooter. Reminds me of the old school Rainbow Six games without the map waypoint strategy. The strategy happens real-time between players over the in-game VOIP system. You die and you're out. Your only chance at a respawn is your team mates making it to the next objective, else you all start at the beginning of the mission again. This forces one to play as a team, extremely carefully and strategically.

The maps are well designed and very immersive with numerous routes to objectives.

The AI is incredible! During my first game, I thought I was playing against players who were online. I also love the way the AI increases in number and difficulty as more players join your squad.

The graphics are good enough and give a great all-round, authentic experience. Night missions are fantastic and very challenging.

The surround sound with a gaming headset is awesome. One is able to spatially place sounds around one's self while playing, particularly moving enemies.

This game is a must buy for FPS fans.
  40. Jan 14, 2015
    Insurgency is a realistic-tactical shooter. This is a merciless experience for players who are careless and ignore the importance of teamwork. In my first hour experience I felt like a war reporter
    on the most dangerous front of Iraq. Bullets flew over my head, my teammates died while I was hiding behind covers, tried to stay alive between strong explosions, heard unending gunfire, used every piece of cover to save my life and died a lot. After two hours I was able to lurk dark corners of the map, leaned behind covers to shot my enemy before he shot me and tricked the enemy in anyway I can. But it's very hard to master this game. You need your teammates to succeed on your missions. Moving together, using formations correctly, and maintaining 360 degree security for the team are vital parts of success. Getting familiar with game maps is another important factor for success. You have to know where your weak points are while you're attacking or defending objective zones. Experienced lone wolves infiltrate behind enemy lines to hunt their targets one by one. So if you want to be successful explore maps as quickly as possible. Shooting mechanics feels good and realistic. Maps designs are very good and well optimized to balance tension between teams. Graphics can't compete with its counterparts but they are decent. Sound effects are great. If developers continue like this, this can be the best FPS game of all the time in the coming years.
  41. May 19, 2014
    Insurgency is a realism intense FPS that is based in Afghanistan .The game looks barer then most of your conventional FPS e.g COD CS:GO Battlefield.The game is built from the source engine so it might look like a copy of csgo. It's basically CS:GO intergraded with Battlefield ADS and COD's Regen health system.It is a 1 shot head shot every weapon, and a 2-3 shot body and 4 shot Limbs e.gInsurgency is a realism intense FPS that is based in Afghanistan .The game looks barer then most of your conventional FPS e.g COD CS:GO Battlefield.The game is built from the source engine so it might look like a copy of csgo. It's basically CS:GO intergraded with Battlefield ADS and COD's Regen health system.It is a 1 shot head shot every weapon, and a 2-3 shot body and 4 shot Limbs e.g arm legs.Adding the realism there is 3D Voip voice surround thing .Basically means that unlike csgo where everyone in your team can hear you, in insurgency everyone can hear you depending on where you are behind a wall or car or out in the open.BUT theres a thing in insurgency called squads.If you talk regardless where they are they can hear you.

After saying all that i feel like im gonna play some insurgency now
  42. Jun 14, 2014
    I made this account just so I could leave this review. More people need to be playing this game because it is incredible! The maps are perfect and provide good strategic cover and the game itself really promotes teamwork. The game modes are great and definitely feel like a breath of fresh air after playing all of the mainstream shooters out there. It might take a few rounds to get the hangI made this account just so I could leave this review. More people need to be playing this game because it is incredible! The maps are perfect and provide good strategic cover and the game itself really promotes teamwork. The game modes are great and definitely feel like a breath of fresh air after playing all of the mainstream shooters out there. It might take a few rounds to get the hang of things if you aren't familiar with games like this, but if you are looking for good tactical team-oriented gameplay then you will not regret this purchase. Especially for $15 this game is really a steal! Expand
  43. Jun 26, 2014
    I'm with Fr4ntic on this, I just made an account to give this game a 10. It is really really good. It feels very realistic and doesn't get old. The devs are doing a great job of adding content and refining the game. I almost didn't buy this game but I'm glad I did as it is my favorite fps. I didn't even bother buying COD for the first time in years. If I could I would give it an 11.
  44. Aug 19, 2014
    Um dos melhores jogos de FPS na minha opinião. Um coop muito dinâmico, e que você consegue jogar até com 8 amigos, uma integração muito grande, visto que outros jogos do gênero abrigam no máximo 5 jogadores por servidor. Sem contar que você sempre se surpreende com os Bots, que pulam, deslizam, correm e fazem o impossível para lhe pegar desprevenido e matá-lo (isso tudo sendo bemUm dos melhores jogos de FPS na minha opinião. Um coop muito dinâmico, e que você consegue jogar até com 8 amigos, uma integração muito grande, visto que outros jogos do gênero abrigam no máximo 5 jogadores por servidor. Sem contar que você sempre se surpreende com os Bots, que pulam, deslizam, correm e fazem o impossível para lhe pegar desprevenido e matá-lo (isso tudo sendo bem realístico, e não trapaceando por bugs). É um jogo extremamente tático, e que deve ter auxílio de comunicadores para se sair melhor na missão, visto que assim como os bots, você também morre com um tiro. Expand
  45. Sep 15, 2014
    When just about every 1st person shooter has went full nuclear, it is excellent to find a dose of reality. Some reviews state it brings nothing new. I beg to differ, it brings a modern FPS game into modern day without all the fluff. Bringing something new seems to mean make it more ridiculous in the current market. With Insurgency - No unlocks, short on stats, realistic gameplay. NoWhen just about every 1st person shooter has went full nuclear, it is excellent to find a dose of reality. Some reviews state it brings nothing new. I beg to differ, it brings a modern FPS game into modern day without all the fluff. Bringing something new seems to mean make it more ridiculous in the current market. With Insurgency - No unlocks, short on stats, realistic gameplay. No ridiculous gadgets, no killstreaks, no headshot bonus. Gaming pure and simple.Some of the most intense gaming I have had since MOH:AA/BF:Desert Combat mod COD/CODUO/COD 2 when I competed. It brings good gameplay, something that is regularly left out and replaced with shock and awe graphics (blue tinted environments... Yeah DICE I mean you!).

10 bucks gets you the best FPS of the decade (perhaps 2) - not some DLC that was pulled from the final game to sell to you separately at launch to maximize profit.
  46. Oct 30, 2014
    Insurgency is a fantastic game. It's the first FPS I ever played where you really work together with your teammates to achieve victory, especially in co-op levels. They add a lot of FREE content like new maps, weapons and even game modes! The graphics aren't as good as in games like Battlefield and Call Of Duty, but the game play feels realistic and doesn't get repetitive thanks to theInsurgency is a fantastic game. It's the first FPS I ever played where you really work together with your teammates to achieve victory, especially in co-op levels. They add a lot of FREE content like new maps, weapons and even game modes! The graphics aren't as good as in games like Battlefield and Call Of Duty, but the game play feels realistic and doesn't get repetitive thanks to the custom made maps you can try out. Definitely worth your money, for pvp but mostly for co-op tactical shooting. Expand
  47. Nov 1, 2014
    I too, made an account to write this review. (And to show off my sick rhymes)

Basically - Insurgency is the game to play if you want something a lot more serious than COD, less chaotic than Battlefield, and not as skill-based as Counter Strike. For me, Insurgency isn't the type of game I sink hours into every day. It's the type of game I play every few days, knowing I'll still have
    I too, made an account to write this review. (And to show off my sick rhymes)

For me, Insurgency isn't the type of game I sink hours into every day. It's the type of game I play every few days, knowing I'll still have fun when I do. Sometimes I go a few months without playing, and when I come back, there's always new content.

This game caters towards semi-casual to hyper-hardcore gamers. Insurgency in my opinion, has a bit of morbid humor to it. I can get super sweaty when trying to hold a capture point when I'm the only person left alive, or I can laugh my ass off when my teammate yelps as he's shot in the face. Best of both worlds!

Insurgency is a game with a small community, which I love. You can hop into a random match, and recognize half of your teammates since you played with them last week. There is a little mic spam, and people yelling "ALLAHU AKBAR" before each match, but it only makes it a bit more immersive.

The dev's are active. Recently, they added another free DLC which contains a proper nightmode.

I'm giving it a 10. Not just because I enjoy this game, but because anyone else can as well.

I paid $15 for the game in January, it was worth it then. As of right now, it's still $15.
    Also, it's made on the Source engine, meaning it'll run on a TI-84 (not really, but almost)

If you like FPS's at all, then skip going to Subway for lunch tomorrow, and get this game instead.
  48. Nov 19, 2014
    Got this game in sale, expecting a average FPS. Got surprised. Not only it has all the mandatory game modes, but each is cleverly tweaked to suit the overall game style. Coming from CS:GO, and having a AA 2.x experience a long time ago, I feel this game strikes the balance between tactics, realism and fun.
    Squad roles from which you get your selection of guns, limited supplies that you have to tackle to form your kit, and affect your stats, like speed and armor. Realistic radio, where when you use your mic you also make noise ingame. No health bar, no medic, no revive, one, two shots and you are gone. The game doesn't give you any help like, crosshair, deathcam, kill message, no minimap on the corner (although you still have a full map available with your team positions), you have to figure out if you killed him, or from were you shot, and relay the info to your team. If you want to survive you really have to work with the rest of your team.
    Details like these, matter and make a better overall game experience, if what you are looking is something that feels more real and unforgiving.
  49. Nov 25, 2014
    For years, nothing came close to CoD4 in the FPS world. The following CoD's were poor console ports for the PC, BF3&4 were awful, RO2 a tad disappointing.

Insurgency has all the elements a good FPS should have. No cheats included as perks (invisibility, see through walls, jump packs). No helicopters or airstrikes. No dog packs. None of that silliness. You win because you play in a

You win because you play in a team and do your bit.

The game has improved enormously since release, I hope to be able to keep up with it. It is not easy, but that's why is so rewarding.

Move over CoD4, there is a new king in town!
  50. Mar 31, 2014
    Insurgency is a fantastic shooter. This game is rough around the edges, but the core elements are outstanding. Modern shooters offer lots of glitz and glamour, but all that comes at a price. Popular shooters are plagued by issues that are just darn frustrating, such as overpowered score streaks, quick scoping, C4 kills, unbalanced weapons, and spawn killing. Those design flaws have existedInsurgency is a fantastic shooter. This game is rough around the edges, but the core elements are outstanding. Modern shooters offer lots of glitz and glamour, but all that comes at a price. Popular shooters are plagued by issues that are just darn frustrating, such as overpowered score streaks, quick scoping, C4 kills, unbalanced weapons, and spawn killing. Those design flaws have existed far too long. Unfortunately, there are worst problems in the fps genre. Poor hit detection is my biggest gripe. Battlefield 4 is the best example of this. Unfortunately, AAA titles are where most gamers flock. I just don’t find many of them to be that good.
    Insurgency is different. Foremost, it doesn’t suffer from these problems. New World Interactive developed the game as a Source engine mod that has slowly evolved over several years. Several incarnations of the game exist since even before NWI’s founding. The game revolves around patience, teamwork, tactics, and patience (yes, patience is important). One of the original developers of the mod served in the US military overseas, so the game naturally takes place in Iraq and Afghanistan. The maps are varied, and several paths lead to any one point. By holding down strategic routes, a well coordinated team could control a match. But the design of the game makes that difficult. First, death is permanent until the next round. So the run and gun play style won’t work. If a player dies, their team can be flanked and gutted as a result. Some game modes have wave respawning. In those modes, fallen teammates will respawn only after certain objectives are completed.
    Second, classes are limited. For example, there can only be 1 or 2 snipers per team. Once a sniper is out of play, he’s gone until the next wave or round. This could be 30 seconds or several minutes. Class limitations are a welcome relief since it prevents domination by sniping, C4 spam, and noob tubing. Things too prevalent in the COD series.
    Third, Insurgency is lean and designed for competitive play. So servers support high tickrates. I’ve been in servers with 128tick and region lock. OMG!! (Battlefield 4 is a pathetic 10tick). Insurgency’s hit detection is easily in the top 5 games I’ve played. Plus, the guns handle well. LMG’s kick violently but can kill with a few bullets. Assault rifles are accurate, but lack the LMG’s suppression. Shotguns are devastating in close quarters, but lose their bite in ranged battles. Guns take several seconds to sight in. So players ADS a lot. This adds realism. Soldiers don’t burst into rooms with guns at their sides.
    Class customization is similar to the marvelous Take 10 in Blops 2. Unlike Blops, there are no cheesy perks like dead silence or engineer. Players can choose ordinances, weapon types and attachments, pistols, armor, and ammo capacity. And players do not rank up in Insurgency. Within each class, players have access to the same items and upgrades. But capacity is limited. If a player carries too much, he moves slower and loses stamina. So forgoing items, such as pistols, and switching to lighter armor will increase speed while and freeing up space for more powerful ordinances. The customization system is streamlined, not sparse like Titanfall or superfluous like BF.
    Next, showboating is not rewarded. Players do not run around with knives scoring one hit kills. Instead, they move cautiously thru rooms and alleys listening and watching for the enemy. Oh the tension!! Unfortunately, not everyone appreciates this. One player complained he couldn’t get one hit shotgun kills. He didn’t realize that the heavy armor of his opponents mitigated a significant amount of his weapon’s damage. Additionally, he tried to run and gun instead of remaining in areas suitable for shotgun combat. He left the game. For players who want to run around with shotguns, play something else. Here the focus is balance.
    And the best thing about Insurgency? IT SUPPORTS MODDING!! This will keep the game alive for years to come much like Counter Strike. But the developers are very active as well and have already released several patches and added new content—for free.
    What’s the bad? Insurgency’s graphics are dated. The game is designed to run on older machines, so textures will look muddled up close. Smoke effects are terrible. Character animations aren’t consistent. Throwing grenades and crawling around with LMG’s looks awkward, but certainly not game breaking. However, the maps are vibrant and lighting effects are impressive. Guns look and sound realistic.
    Insurgency has a steep learning curve. Gameplay is nuanced, and patience is required. If a player dies early, he must spectate until the next team respawn. This lends an opportunity to watch others and learn. Some will find this boring.
    Insurgency is a must own. It’s the perfect hybrid between Counter Strike and Ghost Recon. At $15, this is the best fps money can buy this year. Period. Compare this to another Source engine game released this year: Titanfall. Titanfall is a critically acclaimed AAA title and it lacks the customization, depth, and balance of Insurgency. And it costs $60. Don’t overpay for hype, download Insurgency today.
  51. Dec 20, 2014
    A fantastic FPS with heavy leanings on stressing realism. First thing to note, the pace of the game and firefights feel just right. Gun mechanics, hit boxes, ballistics, sounds, and maps have all been polished quite nicely. The level of immersion you will feel while playing the game is incredible, and you will be provided with many tense moments while playing. Whether it's the RPG beingA fantastic FPS with heavy leanings on stressing realism. First thing to note, the pace of the game and firefights feel just right. Gun mechanics, hit boxes, ballistics, sounds, and maps have all been polished quite nicely. The level of immersion you will feel while playing the game is incredible, and you will be provided with many tense moments while playing. Whether it's the RPG being fired from a distant spot in the map, or the sound of your comrade screaming as he's being shot at, you'll find yourself doing whatever it takes to stay alive because you'll truely fear for your life.

Insurgency doesn't BS you by making you level up guns to unlock attachments. Everyone gets an allocated amount of supply points to modify their loadouts freely, at spawn. Want a optic site? You got one. Want to carry a molotov instead of grenade? You got it. Want heavy armor? Sure. You pick your own loadouts based on your preferences. This adds a tremendous amount of variation in the loadouts that you can create.

Overall, this is one of the better realism FPS shooters. The learning curve for new users can be considered steep, but this makes it all the more satisfying when you do finally get the hang of things. Well worth the price.
  52. Jan 4, 2015
    This game is awesome for hardcore shooter fans. You have to be very tactical and if you want to win will have to coordinate with your team mates. You can play alone, but you will really have to pay attention to other players to know where enemies are up ahead. I've had some connection issues a few times that have been pretty irritating but game when working is great and visceral. With allThis game is awesome for hardcore shooter fans. You have to be very tactical and if you want to win will have to coordinate with your team mates. You can play alone, but you will really have to pay attention to other players to know where enemies are up ahead. I've had some connection issues a few times that have been pretty irritating but game when working is great and visceral. With all great features like lean, breath, prone, switch fire and weight slots for how much gear you can carry (which makes even picking your loadout a tactical thing to do), it makes this game a great realistic shooter to play. Expand
  53. Mar 6, 2014
    Fr4ntic has spoken the truth. I too made an account on metacritic just to let world know how awesome this game is. I am playing it since it got out for early access. One of many reasons I love this game is "Its more tactical and less typical FPS-COD crap". It makes you think first then act. Its all about teamwork and disciplined game play. This game has set an example for FPS games, CODFr4ntic has spoken the truth. I too made an account on metacritic just to let world know how awesome this game is. I am playing it since it got out for early access. One of many reasons I love this game is "Its more tactical and less typical FPS-COD crap". It makes you think first then act. Its all about teamwork and disciplined game play. This game has set an example for FPS games, COD devs should learn from this. You won't get anything this amazing, worth the money for $15 bucks on this planet ever... Just buy it Expand
  54. Jun 25, 2014
    I'm a long-time battlefield player and this game offers something that battlefield just simply can't do. It has the fluid play and powerful-feeling weapons of battlefield, with the tight gameplay of something like counter-strike, with the palm-sweating intensity of something like arma. The game modes are new twists on old favourites and really stand out. To be honest I was expectingI'm a long-time battlefield player and this game offers something that battlefield just simply can't do. It has the fluid play and powerful-feeling weapons of battlefield, with the tight gameplay of something like counter-strike, with the palm-sweating intensity of something like arma. The game modes are new twists on old favourites and really stand out. To be honest I was expecting something new and fresh, but I wasn't expecting to be blown away and totally impressed like I have been. I hope that people keep playing this game and that it will really catch on because these developers have stumbled onto something special. Expand
  55. Jun 25, 2014
    This game does what makes multilayer first person shooters fun far better than any game on the market at this point. Crisp graphics, great maps, reliable game engine, lots of game modes, awesome community and dev team, lots of guns, no grinding, minimal HUD, immersive suppression system... (the list honestly goes on). What does this all give you? The most intense and challenging teamThis game does what makes multilayer first person shooters fun far better than any game on the market at this point. Crisp graphics, great maps, reliable game engine, lots of game modes, awesome community and dev team, lots of guns, no grinding, minimal HUD, immersive suppression system... (the list honestly goes on). What does this all give you? The most intense and challenging team based closed-quarter firefights in any fps I've ever played.

Couldn't recommend this game more!
  56. Oct 11, 2014
    It's a shooter perfect for those who are looking for realism in a FPS game.
    The controls are tight and the game-play is fun. Though this game is not for everyone, so keep that in mind.
  57. Oct 29, 2014
    Insurgency is a tactical first person shooter that allows you to take action with your friends or team in close quarter or long range fights over a series of game modes. The gameplay is very fluid and works well for most situations, you also have the ability to peak around corners that also gives you more ways to play tactically. The only down side to the gameplay is that sometimes youInsurgency is a tactical first person shooter that allows you to take action with your friends or team in close quarter or long range fights over a series of game modes. The gameplay is very fluid and works well for most situations, you also have the ability to peak around corners that also gives you more ways to play tactically. The only down side to the gameplay is that sometimes you will get stuck on the environment or your bullets end up hitting object masks instead of the enemy.

Character Models in the game are also not polished but are still being worked on and you can see a great difference between when the game was realised and to this point in time. One thing that sets this game apart from other first person shooters like Battlefield and Call Of Duty is the teamwork and strategy that goes with it, a lot of people in the Insurgency community right now are pretty friendly and play like the game is men't to be played which in a result make this 10x better to play, you still have the odd people who end up shooting you out of spawn just because they "felt like it" but we have them players everywhere these days... The recent addition from the developers was the modding capability which allows users in the community to create and share there own content for the game allowing for the lifespan of the game to keep going.

Content in the game so far if actually really good, When you enter a server you have two squads to pick from out of your team. From there you pick a position e.g Sniper or Rifleman, Then you get to choose your weapons that are only selectable for that class. There is also a variety of attachments available for the guns ranging from Sights to even what type of bullet rounds you are using. The kit set-up works on a point system so the more attachments you put on your gun the less points you will have to carry more ammo or have more protective armour. This system really works for the games environment and makes it so you don't have people running around a huge arsenal of equipment just destroying the battlefield.

For only $14.99 (AUD) you get so much content delivered to you in one package and with the developers of the game New World Interactive constantly releasing free updates to the game which include new content like maps, weapons and more. I really recommend playing this game with a couple of friends over a Skype call or Teamspeak because it give you a much better feel playing more strategic and having fun, but if your mates aren't up for it just talk through in-game chat and get to know some of the players on your team. But at the end of the day there is no reason to pick this up if you are into tactical FPS's.
  58. Nov 15, 2014
    Insurgency isn't your average First Person Shooter you find on the internet. When was the last time you bought a game without overpriced DLC or Micro-transactions? Well, Insurgency even takes the next step and offers a lot of DLC for free (including the newest DLC: Nightfall [15.11.2014]).
    The basic controls in the game are pretty easy to learn (You can also try the tutorial), but as soon as you enter the world of multiplayer the game begins to shine. The first steps into this game are brutal and hard to climb - thanks to the 2 bullet kill and the most minimalistic HUD I have ever seen in any First Person Shooter - , but as soon as you learn how to move, how to shoot (single-shot mode usually) and how to play with your team to win the objective Insurgency starts to shine with its intense firefights.
    If you are tired of using the same gun over and over just to unlock fancy scopes, silencers or camos, then go play Insurgency. The game gives you the full arsenal of guns directly at the start of the game - They are bound to different classes. Teamplay is guaranteed by the 2-Squad system consisting of multiple different classes - Every class feels unique.
    Insurgency is a game for casual and experienced players. Get to know a wide variety of guns, maps and game-modes, including multiple Coop mode versus Bots.
    Go get Insurgency if you like tactical and hard shooters with easier controls than Arma and Red Orchestra!
  59. Nov 16, 2014
    ITS BASICALLY FREE ON HUMBLE BUNDLE FOR 8 MORE DAYS
    Like several others i've seen in these reviews, I made an account just to say that this game is the **** and that everyone who's into first person shooters should try it out.
    The critic metascore is and will become outdated every few months because the game is updated so much. There have been like three DLCs worth of content just given
    ITS BASICALLY FREE ON HUMBLE BUNDLE FOR 8 MORE DAYS
    There have been like three DLCs worth of content just given out for free since the game was launched, and the community is currently getting larger.
  60. Jan 11, 2015
    I could write a list of 10,000 reasons to get this game but none of that could possibly describe the feeling that it would give you if you were playing it yourself. It needs to be experienced, the feelings it gives never dies and that in itself says something. Kills are rewarding, objectives are highly valued, teamwork is vital. You need this game in your life if you are looking for aI could write a list of 10,000 reasons to get this game but none of that could possibly describe the feeling that it would give you if you were playing it yourself. It needs to be experienced, the feelings it gives never dies and that in itself says something. Kills are rewarding, objectives are highly valued, teamwork is vital. You need this game in your life if you are looking for a realistic shooter! Expand
  61. Dec 15, 2014
    Insurgency is a solid tactical-shooter that will remind you of the good times when everyone was playing Counter Strike and modern FPS games like COD were non-existent, good old times.

One of the best things about Insurgency is the fact that you die quick, very quick, If the enemy spots you, you are dead, period. The same happens if you won’t cooperate with your teammates or wander too far across the map. Teamwork is key in this game, so you better find a bunch of friends that you can play it with, or at least get a mic and a solid pair of headphones because without them, you are in huge trouble. At first, you probably won’t notice who killed you because this is a very tactical game, everyone is hiding and waiting for the perfect moment to approach. Insurgency will appeal to the kind of players who love tactical shooters with steep learning curve, sort of like in Counter Strike 1.6.

Insurgency started off as one of the most popular Half-Life 2 mods, but you probably already know that, because most people that I know already played Insurgency before, as in the HF2 mod. It was downloaded over a million times ,and received the Player’s Choice 2007 Mod of the Year award from ModDB which is a huge honor and I’m happy that this game got released. Even though the game runs on Valve’s Source Engine, it still looks and feels like a fully fledged release. Personally, I was expecting much less from this game, but I was pleased to see that the developer(New World Interactive) actually took the time and made it worth a while.

The best way to describe Insgurgency’s gameplay is quite difficult, it’s a mix between Counter Strike and Red Orchestra, the reason why I’m saying that is because throughout my time with this game I felt like I’m playing a solid tactical-shooter, it reminded me of the time when everyone played CS 1.6 which is a good thing, you have access to everything, you don’t need to unlock weapons or perks, this is an old school tactical-shooter and I love it.. For those uninitiated with the world of tactical shooters, the gameplay is highly dependent upon you sticking close to your teammates, and taking control of the objectives. Most of the game’s maps are perfect for this kind of gameplay style, small maps with many vantage points for long-range shooting and much more, you’ll really appreciate the work that the developers put into the maps. The fact that the game supports up to 32 players, I have never encountered a camper during an online match, which is surprising because at first I thought everyone is just going to hide behind the cover but no, majority of players cooperate with each other, I have also noticed that the community is very supportive, this makes the online experience very enjoyable.

The feel of weapons in Insurgency is spot on. Each gun in the game, has its own advantages and disadvantages, and they all handle differently. This is how you supposed to program guns in an online multiplayer game, I’m talking to you Call Of Duty. You can also add different attachments to your weapons, for ex. penetrating ammo, scope and many more. The Supplies system gives you a limited number of points which prevents the player from adding all of the attachments to their weapons, for ex. adding a penetrating ammo will cost you 3 points and you have 10 in total(I’m not sure about the precise number).

What I love the most about this game is how difficult it is, and how it focuses upon tactical play and cooperation with your teammates, I haven’t seen a game like Insurgency for a long time(except for CS:GO), We need more games like Insurgency, and less of the COD, modern-military bulls**t that we are overwhelmed with nowadays.
  62. Mar 4, 2014
    Insurgency offers some of the most enjoyable FPS action that I've seen since Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Much better than critics seem willing to admit...

The few issues holding it back from a 9 or 10 score seem mostly tied to various bugs and glitches, which only require some light polishing. Also, there is no leveling / unlock system. This may be why some critics were disappointed when comparing Insurgency to CoD or BF. However, at its low price, I feel that I still got more than what I paid for.

The elements which I believe most set Insurgency apart from its FPS competitors:

- The 'weight system'. You customize your own load-out, with options such as guns, pistols, explosives, armor, and extra ammunition chest rigs. You are only able to carry a certain amount of equipment at once. This is surprisingly well-balanced and enjoyable. Both firepower and armor enhancements are costly, so one must choose wisely. At the same time, you can't really choose wrong!

- The sound effects are intense. You will hear bullets whiz past your head. You will hear them crack upon hitting hard surfaces near you. These suppression effects are pulse-pounding! Soldier dialogue is also impressive. You will hear nearby teammates screaming and calling for help when they're being 'lit up'.

- Well-built mid-range maps. They feel smaller than Battlefield's maps, but larger than CoD's. A wonderful middle-ground which makes SMGs just as effective as sniper rifles if you choose your cover wisely.

- Great multiplayer game modes, and unique uses for explosives. Skirmish is probably my favorite game mode. Both teams have a weapons cache which is outside of their respective spawns. If you're bold enough to sneak in, you can use grenades, C4 or rocket launchers to destroy them. This stops the other team from gaining more reinforcement waves. Too often FPS games utilize rockets and explosives only as anti-personnel weapons. I thought Insurgency put a great spin on an old weapon.

All-in-all, it's worth your money. There is a heavy learning curve, so prepare your anus. Once you have a basic grasp though, you will not want to put this game down! It's refreshing to see the Source engine still kicking and able to create such an impressive atmosphere. Good work New World Interactive. I'm excited to see what the future holds for you, and therefore the gaming community.
  63. Mar 15, 2014
    Game speaks for itself. I am not going to write a review, enough have been said already. I am just giving my score. I have played 65 hours plus and I still wake up in the morning and almost instantly think of starting up Insurgency for some play time.
  64. Feb 10, 2014
    Is this game good? Yes. Is is the best thing in the world? No. This game, like all others, has its positives and negatives. Overall, I think this is worth the buy. We'll probably end up seeing this game in the competitive scene after some patches, and a little bit of scrubbing. I'll get right to the point with the bad.

Negatives: Graphics: Let's be fair. This really shouldn't matter

Negatives:
    Graphics: Let's be fair. This really shouldn't matter too much. Look a CS Source. Those graphics aren't nearly as good as Insurgency's, and it's still a decent game. These graphics are thin and make it seem cheep. So doe CS Source (judge lightly). The weapons look decent, and could use a little polishing. Thankfully, they don't take up too much of the screen while aiming down iron sights. Optics are a different animal. Depending on the optic, your FOV is (duh). Overall, 6/10

Class Setup: Somedays, you just wanna run around with an LMG and blow the heads off all your enemies. While I sympathise with this, there's only one slow available. So you can't just assume that you will get to play your prefered style the whole time. This does have its positives though. Not getting the same class every time forces teams to work as a team, and for everyone to follow their respective rolls. Word of warning: The sniper / Marksmen classes always seem to fill the fastest (baised on my very limited gameplay.) However I do think that overall it's for the better. I'm just bitter because I miss my LMG some times. Overall, 7/10.

Goddamn lag: This is a harsh reality. And it affects every gamer who plays online. Please for the love of god, play this game with at least 10MB upload & download. You know who you are. 5/10

Positives:
    Incredibly realistic. None of this BS that you find in COD (or BF) where you get shot, and might be able to escape. 99/100 times in this game, if you get shot, you're going down. Personally, I'd rather see a game where if you get shot in the leg, you move slower/drop to a knee rather than getting completely downed. But that's the word of one fat gamer. 9/10.

Mechanics: I had a hard time getting used to the mechanics at first. This game has the "lean" feature that COD Ghosts and BF4 both flaunt. I believe it's far superior to COD, due to the speed of the snap or the "lean". Anyone who has been in any sort of firefight (paintball, airsoft, legitimate warfare...) you know how much it matters to get your head back in after firing. This delivers that in spades. This game also includes a sliding feature that fan-boys should really love. Could use a little tweaking. I don't think you should be able to slide as far as you do, but it still serves a legitimate purpose. Overall, 8/10

Rendering: Let me explain. When looking down a sight (Iron, Holographic, ACOG), the entire screen around you doesn't go black. A better way to put it: Remember when Infinity Ward was stroking our cocks with the "Dual Render" feature in Ghosts? And how this was especially effective with sniper rifles? Yea. This ones got it. I just had to throw this portion in my already lengthy review. **** COD. Overall: 8/10

Teamwork, teamwork, teamwork: If you have one run-and-gun-I-don't-need-no-stinkin-teammates player, then consider him dead, and work around fighting with a body down. If you don't work as a team and play the objective, then you're not going to win. Winning's everything right? Communicate. I don't wanna say that having a headset is absolutely paramount to win... but it sure as hell helps. Overall: 9/10

The Fellow Gamers: This surprised the hell out of me. After 5 matches, 4 of them had at least 5 players, who were actively communicating. This was a very serious environment. Everyone was communicating and working to capture the goal. And we were going against AI! I was amazed how... dedicated to the objective these people were. Overall: 9/10

Overall, this game has earned my respect. I recommend this game who wants something different from a first person shooter. 7.6(8)/10
  65. Aug 9, 2014
    I have just bought the game and played it a bit. I can say that i really liked it. It is a tactical FPS. It is easy to kill and easy to die. I play Red Orchestra 2 too and enjoy while playing it but RO2 is more annoying than Insurgency.

Team play is important and if you play with friends it will be more funnier. It is a tactical game bu it is not really so stressful. Most beautiful

Most beautiful things about the game are weapon and class systems. Attachments, bombs etc. It is nice to select a class and customize it. There are enough weapons and they look pretty good. It looks like that the devs spent some hours on weapon models.
    The problem about the game is "graphics" i guess. The graphics could be better. Of course not like last BF or CoD game but a bit better. Characters look stupid sometimes while they are running and fighting. Their movements seems not normal.

Gameplay is more important then graphics. So it is a good game with some -'s
  66. Aug 26, 2014
    Okay, let's put this out there before I get started; I suck at most FPS games. I do well enough to have a good time every other round, but for the most part I suck. That being said this game makes me feel good. I'm not saying that because I'm better at this game than most other FPS, no. I'm just saying, with the "realistic" damage and the amount of recoil, it's easier to actually get aOkay, let's put this out there before I get started; I suck at most FPS games. I do well enough to have a good time every other round, but for the most part I suck. That being said this game makes me feel good. I'm not saying that because I'm better at this game than most other FPS, no. I'm just saying, with the "realistic" damage and the amount of recoil, it's easier to actually get a kill: in a one-on-one confrontation. Put 2+ enemies in front of you and you'll more than likely die, if not shortly after while you reload. But, nevertheless, it's a good time with friends or even random people,most people play the objective and if they don't, they usually die and have to watch other people play better. I normally don't like the "get killed and then a forced into spectator mode" type thing, but in here it works well and really makes you ant to play better and better. The guns are great and all have their strengths and weaknesses, but most require a bit of skill to use. I strongly recommend to play the tutorial first, and to ignore all these negative comments. I read most of them and I think some are just upset because they died a lot, just my opinion though. At $15, it's a steal. Expand
  67. Jan 2, 2015
    It's what a modern warfare shooter should be. The cooperative mode is by far the most satisfying. The game looks good enough and more importantly runs smooth.
  68. Mar 18, 2015
    Insurgency is the best tactical shooter TO DATE. The gameplay is perfect. Everything feels like it should. Its intense, well paced and is just loads of fun. Its well balanced, nothing feels unfair or cheap, if you die, it was probably your fault. The gunplay is realistic and just feels right. The maps are well layed out and don't give one team an advantage over the other. Your loadout isInsurgency is the best tactical shooter TO DATE. The gameplay is perfect. Everything feels like it should. Its intense, well paced and is just loads of fun. Its well balanced, nothing feels unfair or cheap, if you die, it was probably your fault. The gunplay is realistic and just feels right. The maps are well layed out and don't give one team an advantage over the other. Your loadout is fully customizable; from what type of vest you want, all the way down to what gun you want and what attachments you want for that specific gun. Yes, you get to customize your weapon attachments.
    The game has a good amount of content to offer. There are plenty of gamemodes (including co-op if you don't like PvP,) plenty of maps, and plenty of classes/loadouts. They're still adding stuff, by the way.
    The sound design is FLAWLESS. I mean like wow, this is Battlefield-esque sound design. The graphics, while looking pretty outdated at times, are some of the best I've seen on the Source engine.

TL;DR: Insurgency puts Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to shame.
  69. Mar 27, 2015
    Best FPS of all time. Graphics are not the best one, but the gameplay is much more superior than COD or BF. Every mod in this game is just awesome, no abusives respawns. 10/10
  70. Jul 18, 2014
    I find this game to be a refreshing drink, or a nice breath of air. a step away from all this call of duty crap (not being biased, as I've prestieged a total of 12 times on 3 cod games) this game brought forward the idea of realism, and teamwork. their ideas where a solid 8.5/10 and their execution of them was about a 7.75.

I'd recommend this game to anybody who looks towards the fps

I'd recommend this game to anybody who looks towards the fps genre but wants a step away from super competitive parkour queerscoping nonsense, zombies, survival, etc. (about 11 hours on record here)

a hint to future reviewers, when you look to review a game, review the game, not the engine it was written on. if your computer didn't handle it, you didn't play it, you don't review it.
  71. Jan 13, 2015
    This game looks so awesome and challanging.
    NO SPOTTING, NO HIP-FIRE CROSHAIR NO MINIMAP, NO KILLCAM, NO HEALTH METER, NO HIT /KILL NOTIFICATION, NOT EVEN AN AMMO COUNTER.
    it really forces you to trust your instincts and your teamates due to the lack of information.
    It feels so rewarding to confirm a kill or win a game.
  72. Feb 9, 2015
    Este é um jogo fantástico, vale a pena lutar essa frente, como fan de jogos de guerra não poderia deixar de ter essa beleza. inicialmente estava a procura de algo como Call of Duty e me deparei com Insurgency, o realismo e a jogabilidade deste jogo me impressionaram e a dificuldade também.
  73. May 22, 2015
    A hardcore multiplayer FPS that is as unforgiving as it is rewarding. Highly tactical gameplay on mostly close quarters maps. Those who are tired of being constantly marked on the minimap in the Battlefield series should give this one a go. I play it solo but I can only imagine how good this game is with a squad of buddies. Brilliant at what does but could get a bit monotonous after aA hardcore multiplayer FPS that is as unforgiving as it is rewarding. Highly tactical gameplay on mostly close quarters maps. Those who are tired of being constantly marked on the minimap in the Battlefield series should give this one a go. I play it solo but I can only imagine how good this game is with a squad of buddies. Brilliant at what does but could get a bit monotonous after a while. Great support by the devs witch constant patching and free maps and game modes. Expand
  74. Feb 22, 2015
    This game is the best modern hardcore shooter I've ever played! You are a soldier in Iraq, that's it! You have no HUD besides how many Mags you have and the objective markers. When you first play it you will probably die a lot of times and will be frustrated for the first 1-5 hours you play until you figured it out how you have to play this because it's so much different from Battlefield,This game is the best modern hardcore shooter I've ever played! You are a soldier in Iraq, that's it! You have no HUD besides how many Mags you have and the objective markers. When you first play it you will probably die a lot of times and will be frustrated for the first 1-5 hours you play until you figured it out how you have to play this because it's so much different from Battlefield, CoD and all the other average online multiplayer shooters! 10/10 Expand
  75. Feb 28, 2015
    I bought this game when it was on sale during late 2014. Other than ghost recon, this game was the first shooter I ever got. I would say I am pretty good at the game, and despite the fact I don't have much experience with FPS. This game is a good first FPS for anyone thinking about trying the genre. It is extremely hardcore and that is why I think it is so awesome. If you are inexperiencedI bought this game when it was on sale during late 2014. Other than ghost recon, this game was the first shooter I ever got. I would say I am pretty good at the game, and despite the fact I don't have much experience with FPS. This game is a good first FPS for anyone thinking about trying the genre. It is extremely hardcore and that is why I think it is so awesome. If you are inexperienced and get good at this game, you can be great at other FPS. Buy this game! Expand
  76. Mar 13, 2015
    I have bought this a few months ago, I have a total of 120 hours of playing on steam, and I still play this.
    I really like that the game is a little bit realistic, it is more fun and makes the game more strategic .

Waiting for more content from the developers.
  77. Apr 21, 2015
    This game is more mil-sim than shooter, and to be honest I think that this game creates the most immersive firefights I have ever seen. Bullets seem more dangerous than in any other game, with sharp cracks and a very decent suppression system. Your character actually reacts to being shot at and seeing allies going down, which makes the entire fight seem a whole lot more engaging andThis game is more mil-sim than shooter, and to be honest I think that this game creates the most immersive firefights I have ever seen. Bullets seem more dangerous than in any other game, with sharp cracks and a very decent suppression system. Your character actually reacts to being shot at and seeing allies going down, which makes the entire fight seem a whole lot more engaging and personal, especially when you hear the fear in your character's voice as a squad member gets shot right in front of you.

This game punishes you for using traditional twitch-shooter mechanics: There's no drop-shotting or quick scoping here. Instead, the game encourages you to work as a team and actually use the response wheel, which can be used to announce a whole lot of useful things such as spotting an enemy or telling your team quickly that you need to suppress an area or to spread out. Not only does this come up in the bottom of the screen but your character actually SPEAKS the line, which is a nice touch. Game play is a lot slower than most shooters; more like Red Orchestra than Battlefield.

The community mainly consists of older guys, mainly 18+, and although everyone laughs and jokes around in the lobby screen everyone gets very serious and tactical in game. Even when I see a younger person on the game, they all seem to be very tame compared to, say, the CoD community.

Overall, this game is brilliantly made and for a relatively cheap price tag you can pick up hours of fun. See you guys on the battlefield.
  78. May 2, 2015
    Pretty Amazing game with great developers who always take feedback and are always there to help out the community. Real tactical gameplay. A unique and tough game that is sometimes quite unforgiving. Great game!
  79. Jan 22, 2014
    Insurgency is a hard core first person shooter at it's finest. The game strips you of most conventional shooter mechanics such as a cross hair and simply says survive. The game modes and maps in Insurgency are well varied and very entertaining and challenging. While there isn't much progression to speak of, insurgency entices you in not with rewards for doing good but rather the feeling ofInsurgency is a hard core first person shooter at it's finest. The game strips you of most conventional shooter mechanics such as a cross hair and simply says survive. The game modes and maps in Insurgency are well varied and very entertaining and challenging. While there isn't much progression to speak of, insurgency entices you in not with rewards for doing good but rather the feeling of doing good and the sheer surge on adrenaline when you win the round for your team. Insurgency isn't for the weak of heart but if you are looking for a hardcore first person military shooter look no further. Expand
  80. Jan 28, 2014
    One of the best tactical FPS games since red orchestra 2. Interesting and unique game modes, exceptionally rewarding gunplay. I would NOT recommend this game to people who only like really arcadey shooters like CoD and BF.
  81. Jan 24, 2014
    The best tactical shooter i have played in recent years. The gameplay is balanced really well. Weapons recoil fells good. Maps are nicely designed and action is intense. Great alternative for casual games like COD and BF.
  82. Jan 25, 2014
    Like Fr4ntic, I also made a metacritic account so I could review this game. The phrase "Counter-Strike meets ArmA meets Rising Storm" is how I've been persuading my friends to play it because I think it takes all the best elements of those games and combines them expertly. The gameplay is tactical, tense and heart-quickening, with sudden vicious fire fights erupting and ending just asLike Fr4ntic, I also made a metacritic account so I could review this game. The phrase "Counter-Strike meets ArmA meets Rising Storm" is how I've been persuading my friends to play it because I think it takes all the best elements of those games and combines them expertly. The gameplay is tactical, tense and heart-quickening, with sudden vicious fire fights erupting and ending just as abruptly. Teamwork is the key to success and a good community of mic'd players is forming, much like RO2 had when it was first released. Maps range from long to mid-range mountainous areas to close quarter towns and villages and everything is highly detailed and feels realistic without straying too far into ArmA-style geekery. Like all "realism" type FPS games, there is a steep learning curve here, but once you surmount it, Insurgency provides a very rewarding experience. Expand
  83. Jan 25, 2014
  84. Jan 30, 2014
    I don't normally write reviews but a total of 77 on steam does not give it justice. The I really hope this game gets expanded on. You get so much for £11.99

85. Jan 26, 2014
    This is simply the most realistic, tactical, hardcore and yet fun-to-play multiplayer FPS available with emphasise on teamwork and realism. From my point of view It combines all the best features of Counter Strike, Red Orchestra, SWAT Rainbow Six, AA and Arma. Forget CoD and BF. Insurgency is a game for real man :-) Waiting is over. I would give 10 points, but instead opted for 9, since inThis is simply the most realistic, tactical, hardcore and yet fun-to-play multiplayer FPS available with emphasise on teamwork and realism. From my point of view It combines all the best features of Counter Strike, Red Orchestra, SWAT Rainbow Six, AA and Arma. Forget CoD and BF. Insurgency is a game for real man :-) Waiting is over. I would give 10 points, but instead opted for 9, since in my opinion the game would benefit from better bots though, to facililtate training of newcomers, make coop even more rewarding experience, and have fun with multiplayer game if there is not enough people, or simply play offline. Ten years ago bots were much better and human-like (see Far Cry 1). I would like bots in Insurgency be like those bots in Far Cry 1 and like bots in the Brink game today (modified after intitial problems) - usually hard to tell difference between human and bot. And this is my only complaint. Expand
  86. Jan 23, 2014
    I've had this game for a couple months now and it has only gotten better with the full release this week. If you like Red Orch., COD, BattleField, or just any fps military shooter, get this game. It's the tactical shooter that I've better waiting for. Get it, Play it, Live it... Insurgency!
  87. Jan 29, 2014
    Insurgency is by far one of the best FPS games I have played in the last 5 years because it is fresh and new, while at the same time familiar. The gameplay and gun mechanics are spot on and very satisfying. The sound effects in the game are highly realistic, to the point getting fired at and suppressed can cause a response in YOU. Elevated heart rates can often occur. Pretty cool. When youInsurgency is by far one of the best FPS games I have played in the last 5 years because it is fresh and new, while at the same time familiar. The gameplay and gun mechanics are spot on and very satisfying. The sound effects in the game are highly realistic, to the point getting fired at and suppressed can cause a response in YOU. Elevated heart rates can often occur. Pretty cool. When you achieve a frag it feels more like a victory than a simple frag like in most games. Teamwork and thinking are rewarded over Rambo tactics, but the gameplay is not in any way slow. Suspenseful corridors, amazing suppression effects and useful attachments that actually modify/enhance the way you play. Gameplay takes the look of CS:GO, and improves upon it, then adds guns that actually do damage, and incorporates the strategy of MW2 hardcore search and destroy/domination (etc.) with red orchestra 2/rising storm. At 15 bucks, you can't go wrong! New World Interactive has pure gold with this title and it is my go-to game, often winning out even over Dota 2. I made this account just to review this game because it's that fun! Expand
  88. Feb 10, 2014
    Fantastic game and my new favorite FPS. I haven't played BF4 or CS:GO since I bought it. It could use a few updates (ability to save loadouts for example) but as far as gameplay, teamplay, and overall fluidity go, it's a 10/10.
  89. Jan 23, 2014
    Simply AWESOME. A true back to basics shooter. Very tactical. I played through early Alpha all the way to release and have been very impressed with the devs and the progression of the game. A ton of thought has gone into the layout and feel of the game. 10 out of 10 from me. I can't stop playing.
  90. Jan 29, 2014
    This game is a what if... infinity ward would have made a new COD 2 in my opinion with the latest game modes and weapons , cod 2 is one of my favorite fps , i'm glad games like this are being released , thumbs up!
  91. Jan 23, 2014
    Unique, different, fun, cheap, overall great game. Bugs need to be worked out but thatll come with time. I love playing with friends, besides the few ragers in the game, its rad!
  92. Jan 26, 2014
    after many years of being fed COD and BF bs, how refreshing it to see a dev just come up with a game that works.....this game does not pretend to be anything other than a shooter THAT WORKS! brilliant game and the AAA devs can really take a look at this to see how it should be done...straight up great, fun shooter with no **** attached.....and for those who believe great graphics makes aafter many years of being fed COD and BF bs, how refreshing it to see a dev just come up with a game that works.....this game does not pretend to be anything other than a shooter THAT WORKS! brilliant game and the AAA devs can really take a look at this to see how it should be done...straight up great, fun shooter with no **** attached.....and for those who believe great graphics makes a great game...we don't need you! well done NWI, easily the best military shooter out today (yes better than COD and BF!!!!).....sure it needs a little bit of polish which will come in time. as a release this is far superior to the AAA's of today as there was no bs at launch....this is the difference between those that make games to make money and those who make them because they care and love them! NWI, i am your newest greatest fan...Thanks for restoring faith in the genre again! Expand
  93. Feb 1, 2014
    This game is a realistic shooter with team based combat like in Counter Strike, and realistic movement and gun handling similar to arma. The graphics are nice but nothing special and the game itself runs smoothly. Combat is very skill based, players used to games like call of duty will find it very unforgiving. The current player base is small but quickly growing with mature supportive players.
  94. Jan 23, 2014
    I put around 250 hours into the game so far. I started back in the early access in March of 2013. The game has progressed into the best shooter I have ever played. It makes me keep coming back for more. This is a hardcore shooter that has filled the void that other modern shooters haven't been able to fill.
  95. Feb 8, 2014
    Perfektní pařba! lepší než kinder warfare nebo bugfield :-) jasná volba co se týká FPS! taktika a spolupráce, žádné rambo úlety. zbraně skutečně zabíjejí na jednu,dvě kulky! super. splnění mojich snů
  96. Feb 6, 2014
    Don't write this off as just another fps.

Pros:
    -Great weapon handling, ballistics, etc.
    -Tactical teamwork centric gameplay.
    -Surprisingly good soundtrack.
    -Red Orchestra with modern day firearms.
  97. Feb 2, 2014
    Worth once to play this game and other games seem like child's play. Gameplay, control, balance, graphics and music is praiseworthy. The developers managed to achieve a special feeling in the game when really afraid to die.
  98. Jan 28, 2014
    As an avid Red Orchestra / CS GO and ex CoD 4 pro, I was completely taken by surprise by this game. In combines elements of various game such as the ones before mentioned, Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six, generating the absolute finest FPS currently on the market, IMHO.

+++ Ballistics, Sound, Conceptual gameplay ++ Game modes, Graphics (in regard to its engine), Dev support + Community

+++ Ballistics, Sound, Conceptual gameplay
    ++ Game modes, Graphics (in regard to its engine), Dev support
    + Community (growing number)

- Balance issues (kind of natural for the state of the game)
    -- Minor tweaks, bugs (still, a natural defect but worth mentioning)
    --- Missing features, such as a more informative UI at the round start. I also consider that the game could benefit from a more warm in-game interaction with players, WITHOUT changing the gameplay.

The game brings me the thought-to-be-forgotten feeling of actual competitive gameplay. It bring back the hope that not all current games spoon-feed you and treat you like an idiot. This is not a simulation though, but I regard it as one the current best point on the arcade - simulation axis. It is not "tacticool", it is a game that requires a vast attention span, good headphones and skill if you wish to play it at a tactical level.

All in all, If you think about having second thoughts towards buying this game, ABANDON THEM. DO NOT FEAR THE "Early access/WIP" labels ! This game is one of the few that really aims high and is not a money-grab!

If at least ONE person takes my advice and is happy with the game I'll be happy. This game needs good people to make it an even greater game that it is. A solid future is ahead of it, but don't think that the game is now unfinished.

It's an organic project that will grow upon those who play it! You are what you eat!
  99. ozi
    Mar 13, 2014
    This is a great shooter, I honestly prefer it to the giants in the genre because it has a certain intensity that the big titles just don't have. This is mainly down to a realistic damage model, and the way the guns work. You have to move slowly and methodically, not just sprint around corners then hold down the trigger whilst jumping around.

This is the only game I know where, if you

This is the only game I know where, if you are good, you can feel like some special forces guy, going on a sneaky flanking mission with a suppressed weapon, just using double taps to the chest to take guys out.

The gun mechanics are so detailed as well, from the satisfying sounds, the SAW and the mp5 come to mind, to things like if you reload with a bullet in the chamber you won't need to cock the weapon again. Reloading also takes a reasonable amount of time so you can't really spray and pray (unless you have a drum or box under the gun).

The co op is also great, the AI leaves some things to be desired, but its fun nevertheless, if you liked the "terrorist hunt" gamemodes in the Rainbow 6 Vegas games, you will probably love this.

The only reason I gave this a 9 is that there are currently (13 march 2014) only 6 maps, (2 of which I don't like). But the devs posted on the forums about a patch coming before April that will add new maps and weapons so I am looking forward to that.
  100. Mar 22, 2014

1. May 9, 2014
    Insurgency is great in what it does, being like expanded Counter-Strike for competitive players. Unfortunately Battlefield has already corrupted me with is unlocking and achievements and... [May 2014]
  2. Apr 15, 2014
    Fun enough, but hardly anything new under the shooter sun. [May 2014, p.58]
  3. Mar 31, 2014
    The things that Insurgency does well can already be found in its original Source mod form while the new changes are not substantial enough to really make the game something worth trying out unless you’re completely wet behind the ears or looking to scratch an Insurgency itch.