Interstate '76 PC

8.8

1. Sindow
    Jan 7, 2009
    Probably one of the best games I have ever had the fortune of playing. I still keep I'76 installed in case I need a break from flashy graphics and realistic physics to drive around to a funky soundtrack and blow things up. With the guns. On my muscle car. From the 70's.
  2. E.P.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Possibly one of the best games to come out of Activision before they started to suck. 10 years later and I'm still waiting for a sequel that doesn't suck. Interstate 84 is to be avoided at all costs. Interstate 76 has it all, great story, great voice acting, awesome cut scenes, great music, and fantastic game play, with great realism. I played this online a lot just for the Possibly one of the best games to come out of Activision before they started to suck. 10 years later and I'm still waiting for a sequel that doesn't suck. Interstate 84 is to be avoided at all costs. Interstate 76 has it all, great story, great voice acting, awesome cut scenes, great music, and fantastic game play, with great realism. I played this online a lot just for the racing dynamics. In short, great damn game. My final comment on how much this game rocks is this: I actually built a Pentium 233 with a couple of Voodoo 2's in SLI early this year just to play this game in its proper glory. Expand
  3. TifZ.
    Aug 24, 2004
    Great game. Awesome music. I´m driving myself mad trying to find out a full version of this game.
  4. Nov 22, 2015
    '97 was like the Golden Year for PC Gamers! . . .did Leisure Suit Larry make a return then? :))
    Anyway, Activision and Interplay were my favorite guys back then.
    Needless to say i bought Interstate '76 and wad not disappointed. Little do i remember of the story, but the gameplay was sure fun - just like 'em bullets on a frying pan! ):D
  5. Sep 29, 2011
    Some of my most fun memories playing a pc game was this one... wow what an amazing game it was, especially for its time. I wonder if they could ever properly remake this game, it was so amazing, even the multiplayer was simply fantastic.
  6. Feb 23, 2014
    The game is amazing. I did need to buy a windows 98 computer to run it, because i am too lazy to get it to run on 7... Good gameplay, but level 4 is an absolute pain in the arse

1. Combining a great premise with an excellent physics engine, this may be the most realistically exciting vehicular violence since Steve McQueen blazed through the streets of San Francisco as Frank Bullitt.
  2. The story and cut scenes are brilliant, in a kitschy Starsky & Hutch kind of way... Not since LucasArts' "Full Throttle" has a game maintained such a singularly unique style.
  3. The second major problem is the wildly fluctuating difficulty levels. Some missions will be easily completed in one try; others will require days upon days of unsuccessful attempts. Not that the challenge is insurmountable, but it seems somewhat misguided for Activision not to have included difficulty levels - or at least some options to make the game easier.