Iron Brigade PC

5.2

1. Dec 21, 2013
    It's fun to customize your mech with different parts and weapons, but sadly this game lacks the structure and depth of other tower defense games. That being said, it's still fun to play through at least once. I bought it when it was on sale, and I don't regret it.

Never the less, if you're looking for a REALLY good tower defense game, I'd highly recommend Toy Soldiers, Orcs Must Die, Orcs Must Die 2, or Dungeon Defenders.
  2. Aug 18, 2012
    Co-op is riddled with game breaking bugs, music seems to be missing entirely. I regret this purchase after spending 2 hours trying to get a coop game running without success. There was clearly no beta testing done for coop.
  3. Aug 27, 2012
    I was really looking forward to this game for a long time. Now that it's out, the lack of effort put into it by Doube Fine is blatant. Co-Op is full of game-breaking bugs and issues. Everytime i would try to join my friends game i would be frozen, unable to move or interact with anything. The one chance i did connect to my friends game, the game would freeze about every 4-5 seconds and aI was really looking forward to this game for a long time. Now that it's out, the lack of effort put into it by Doube Fine is blatant. Co-Op is full of game-breaking bugs and issues. Everytime i would try to join my friends game i would be frozen, unable to move or interact with anything. The one chance i did connect to my friends game, the game would freeze about every 4-5 seconds and a message would come up "losing connection to [player name]" WIth co-op unplayable, i turned my sight to singleplayer, little did i know that it is virtually impossible to get a gold medal solo. With a patch nowhere in sight, i am about to lose hope for this game. Lose a lot of respect for Double Fine on this. It's a disgrace. Expand
  4. Aug 26, 2012
    Automatic, obligatory Zero score for using Games for Windows Live. No matter the quality of the game, no one should have to wade through so aggravating and useless a service in order to enjoy a product that has nothing to do with the service they purchased.

Buyer beware. This uses GFWL and therefore, i recommend avoiding it entirely.
  5. Jun 1, 2015
    well, better late than never....

I got this game in 2015 - but i have to admit that i was surprised that it was a 2012 release. Not so much because its looks and feel is up to date so much - but rather because it fit into the casual games market of 14/15 quite well. Graphics are alright with actually pretty good models, simple animation and a good amount of variety. Equipment can be
    well, better late than never....

Graphics are alright with actually pretty good models, simple animation and a good amount of variety. Equipment can be seen well on the mechs and each monster has a very distinct look that tells you from far away what type it is - which is very good.

The campaign is long enough but the difficulty curve is a bit uneven with most of the missions being on the very easy side and only a few being difficult for even casual players

While the UI is alright - the customization is lacking. Considering mechs do not exceed 3 hardpoints per side - and some weapons use 2 of them - leaving a single one for a very different weapontype ... it is vexing not to be able to customize weapongroups but being bound to left and right alone.

There are not enough maps for the survival mode - leaving rather little to do once the campaign is done.

The multiplayermode was bugged for me - meaning ... i did not get it running at all - so no comment there.

Each aspect is well-executed, but there’s no soul, none of that extra, zany magic stuff that made Plants vs Zombies so lovable. If you are a fan of Tower Defense, with an inclination towards cooperation and social relations, you’re in for a treat. [October 2012]
    Quite mad and quite funny tower defense action could be more playable if the controls were not so complicated. [Nov 2012]
  3. Sep 4, 2012
    Iron Brigade is a very good game. The mix of genres works out just right, as the tactical notions of a tower defense game blend in well with the action of a third-person mech shooter.