4.0

1. AugustusF.
    Mar 5, 2004
    This game sucks so bad it isn't funny. IV ROCkS compared to this dog. DO NOT spend real money on this boat anchor of a game. IV runs flawlessly and fast on my machine. V runs like cold molasses. Steer clear.
  2. WeZZeY
    Jan 11, 2005
    Excellent multiplayer game!
  3. JohnD.
    Nov 30, 2005
    It/' too bad you have to pay for this game before you try it. It can't hold a candle to jetiv. The assignment configuration sucks. Can't reduce acceleration below 60%. No help from Company. Save your money and be satisfied with iv for now.
  4. Larry
    Feb 8, 2005
    Why does every frigin flightsim have to be so realistic? Can't ya just jump in and do some flying. Don't get me wrong, I've played Falcon 4 and Lock On, plus other hardcore games, but sometimes it's nice to just look around and shoot down some stuff.
  5. KingDon
    Jun 5, 2007
    Useless Game. Not allowing us to change key board setting. I have played previous jet fighter. It is worst among previous ones. Not having good look from the cockpit. Who made this crap?
  6. Avinashs
    Mar 26, 2009
    wAT A SUPERB GAME.If u r new then u will be in difficulty with controls but later u will be xpert.if anyone having problem pls contact me veldar13@yahoo.com.type in sub jetfighterV
  7. J-sanG.
    Nov 1, 2003
    Just like John H. says. Game got display issues within XP and accessing the off. website didn't do sh*t. Darn website ain't even fully functional... No support or download capabilities... This SuX Intensely.
  8. DanielS.
    Nov 21, 2003
    What the hell, the game can't be loaded in, what is wrong with the Game.exe, how to fix this god damn problem, cuz if it is not fixed, the score will be stayed 0 4ever.
  9. JohnH.
    Oct 29, 2003
    Seems to have an issue with win XP. Checked there forums on there web site and I was not the only person having this problem. No one has yet to come up with a fix. Don't bother with this game. Wait for Lock On to come out.
  10. Yeahright
    Jan 11, 2004
    Very nice - need some variation of birdfights modes. and then their is this bug, so that you can only use missiles on your F16. irritates the crap out of me.
  11. MarkB.
    Jan 11, 2004
    Hey I have played JF since it was just an Amiga game. It came a long way until this release. Excellent graphics. Who's the moron that dumbed all the key controls. It was a simple hey I've got some time lets dogfight game and fun. Now some dumb #^$^#& reconfigured the keys didn't give you and keymaping and no free flight and Fu#$$&%&* it all up. What the $)(%)@&$! Fix it and Hey I have played JF since it was just an Amiga game. It came a long way until this release. Excellent graphics. Who's the moron that dumbed all the key controls. It was a simple hey I've got some time lets dogfight game and fun. Now some dumb #^$^#& reconfigured the keys didn't give you and keymaping and no free flight and Fu#$$&%&* it all up. What the $)(%)@&$! Fix it and put it back the way it was and give us some new missions. Fire the *$&^(# that trashed a perfectly good game. Expand
  12. RichK.
    Jan 6, 2004
    Lots of problems with this game starting from getting it out of the Box. The website on the instructions and box say www.jetfighterV.com but it dosen't exist. The Forum on the rel site once you navigate to it is unavailable. I sent support questions a week ago and haven't heard back. Hints or walkthrus are unavailable although this game has been out over 4 months. I say thumbs Lots of problems with this game starting from getting it out of the Box. The website on the instructions and box say www.jetfighterV.com but it dosen't exist. The Forum on the rel site once you navigate to it is unavailable. I sent support questions a week ago and haven't heard back. Hints or walkthrus are unavailable although this game has been out over 4 months. I say thumbs down to Global on this one!! Expand
  13. RandyC.
    Jul 29, 2004
    It a good game for beginner but not good enough for gamers.
  14. LeeF.
    Jan 31, 2006
    How do you control it there are no instructions on what key does what is this part of the game that you are suposed to guess it would be nice to know these things web sight what web sight ??cant tell you any more until i can get this thing under controll.
  15. RogerE
    Apr 24, 2008
    The only complaint I have is the instructions are not complete enough. I have had to experiment to find out some things.
  16. patf
    Feb 17, 2009
    pofs!!! no instructions and they changed the keyboard config. simply a poor practical joke on us, no wonder people pirate software...
  17. J.James
    Nov 11, 2003
    Good game, there are lots of games that wil not play on XP, so al the game's are 0 ?? LockOn ??, it takes a new computer.!! so that's a 0.
  18. TerenceM.
    Nov 12, 2003
    This doesn't rate against Jetfighter IV. That game is rich in features and controls and setups. This one has no ILS, no HUD controls, a mickey mouse waypointing system, no wingman talking and helping, hardly any airports to land at (NO LAX!!), I saw no free flight mode like in IV. Where's our mission briefer voice telling us what he wants on this mission? How could the same This doesn't rate against Jetfighter IV. That game is rich in features and controls and setups. This one has no ILS, no HUD controls, a mickey mouse waypointing system, no wingman talking and helping, hardly any airports to land at (NO LAX!!), I saw no free flight mode like in IV. Where's our mission briefer voice telling us what he wants on this mission? How could the same company do worse on the next version? Any new missions for IV out there? Expand
  19. SteveV.
    Nov 17, 2003
    If the promised late release of the "Multiplayer" portion of JF5 is delivered, and works well. JF5 might well become a 5 or a 6!
  20. DaveC.
    Nov 22, 2003
    This game worked for about a week on XP, then decided it wanted a video mode way outside of normal, and even uninstalling and reinstalling won't fix it. It's completely unusable now.
  21. JoshM.
    Nov 28, 2003
    This game is great it works fine on xp you can fly the hottest aircraft it is the best jetfighter game by far very cool.
  22. Richard
    Dec 14, 2003
    lo... all u with the visual probs i suspect deleting the config file from the main folder... then the game wuill create a new 1... if u higher graphics remember 2 turn the monitor frequncy down or ur monitor will turn off like wat happened 2 me... deleting config reset the video options so i could enter the game again. This game is quite gd but im having a real prob locking onto planes b4 lo... all u with the visual probs i suspect deleting the config file from the main folder... then the game wuill create a new 1... if u higher graphics remember 2 turn the monitor frequncy down or ur monitor will turn off like wat happened 2 me... deleting config reset the video options so i could enter the game again. This game is quite gd but im having a real prob locking onto planes b4 they lock on 2 me... multiplayer should be descent tho when they decide 2 bring it out. Expand
  23. Hwnboi
    Dec 8, 2003
    The graphics are excellent, but the realism is a joke. The plane rolls just fine, but the elevator control (up and down) is comparable to a jumbo jet. If your a die hard sim fan DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!
  24. JohnnyAppleseed
    Jan 11, 2004
    Works great and looks great until you try to attack a ground unit and the game shuts off! What can I do about it if their are no patches?
  25. KyleG.
    Dec 27, 2004
    This game is absolute garbage!! I installed,unistalled about a bazillion time for nothing, when i set compatibility mode and checkmark everything as well as compatibile for 98 I get sound. Whoopy f*&^ing sound! But no pic!!! My advice.......snap the disc in half find the f^*$er who created it and slit his wrists with it. [Ed: a little extreme there, Kyle?]
  26. StephanieS.
    Feb 29, 2004
    This game was an absolute waste of time and money! I had to install and uninstall numerous times thinking I was f@*#ing it up. Finally I called a friend @ a computer place and had him do what he thought could be done. He has tried it all to no avail. No graphics show up just a little box saying 'out of range'. Don't waste your time or money. It sux!
  27. LouisC.
    Mar 18, 2004
    Nice graphics. That said, the sorry truth is that this game is a piece of crap. The only parts of the website that work allow you to see pretty screenshots or buy the game. No support, no forum. In the game there are No choices akin to Jetfighter 4; they actually made it worse...it boggles the mind. I suspect the higher ratings found here are from the owners family.
  28. DavidS.
    May 22, 2004
    If all I can get is an error coment on upload with no support it's a zero or less. Who's selling this crap since I can't return software. What a scam.
  29. Mike
    Jun 27, 2004
    This game is sweet, there are very complex controls such as you have to open your wepon bay on the f22 and the jsf jets to fire a missle, the graphics are great, but you need an accelerated graphics card to run the game. its a lot of fun once you get the hang of it.
  30. brianm
    Dec 21, 2009
    the graphics are good I have enjoyed but the boring part is that you only have three planes to fly so i need to know the tricks besides, i can't target anybody but anyway it's not too bad i like the game i zm happy to have bought this game.
  31. BrianD.
    Nov 11, 2003
    Got potential, plays great, until it crashes.
  32. JohnM.
    Nov 18, 2003
    The basics are there but it needs patches for such as hud brightness, flaps, speed brakes and the like. I expect it will be a real winner soon but for now it is a very playable windows xp game.
  33. Sep 26, 2014
    This game might be tough for the first time and boring too, but once you settle with it and get to know the basics its actually a Perfect game for people who like jet simulations. The missions, jets(F-16,F/A22 and F35), missiles everthing is awesome. Must play.

1. Computer Gaming World
    A rare combination of frustration and boredom. [Feb 2004, p.85]
    If you're new to sims and want to start at a higher level, or if you're an arcade flyer who wants to get his or her feet wet on a less forgiving title, then Jet Fighter V will serve -- at least until you get good enough to graduate to a more realistic sim or until you get frustrated enough to go back to a simpler title.
  3. PC Gamer
    JetFighter V may have the looks, but it's just way too air-headed to register as a serious contender in this genre. [Holiday 2003, p.112]