5.9

1. Aug 18, 2010
    much better than the first one. the visual style, the whole grimey feeling of the game is amazing, plus i cant stop playing the multiplayer. recommended!!!!!
  2. Aug 21, 2010
    This game is intense, original and in your face. The characters are realistic and the voice acting and sound effects are superb. If you like "Die Hard" action flicks, and you would like to up the ante by several hundred percent, then this game/film is for you. I never played the first one due to so many bad reviews, and I have only played this one for 3 hours so far. The AI is usuallyThis game is intense, original and in your face. The characters are realistic and the voice acting and sound effects are superb. If you like "Die Hard" action flicks, and you would like to up the ante by several hundred percent, then this game/film is for you. I never played the first one due to so many bad reviews, and I have only played this one for 3 hours so far. The AI is usually clever, and I think playing this game on anything other than easy level would be quite a challenge for your average gamer. I like to experiment and experience different effects on the game play experience. I am using the film grain and camera shake effects on easy level for the first run through the story, and then I will up the difficulty without effects for a second run. There are no other games like this. It contains some disturbing scenes, and these are handled as tastefully as one could possibly achieve without actually editing them out. This title deserves high praise. I recommend it to mature adults that can handle and sometimes enjoy something outside the square. Expand
  3. Aug 21, 2010
    I love this game :) Dark, grimy and awesome gameplay. This doesn't play like MW2 or L4D2 or any other shooter I've played, which is why I guess I like it so much. The enemy AI moves fairly predictably after a couple of attempts to clear a stage, but to be honest, this is not a 100 hour single player game. I didn't buy it to last forever, I bought it for the buzz of the game.

Each

Each stage requires different flanking techniques and there are several directions to get to where you're going. Could do with more things that go bang I think though.

Haven't tried MP yet, still getting the practice in. Play the demo, and if you like it, buy the game. I think it rocks.
  4. Aug 23, 2010
    I loved this game, it is short but very intense. I thought the camera work and grainy look really added to the atmosphere, and I felt like I was tagging along with two very insane gunmen. The story is pretty gritty and I really enjoyed the way the progression went along. I wouldn't say that the AI is the best, but overall I didn't feel like it detracted from the overall experience. TheI loved this game, it is short but very intense. I thought the camera work and grainy look really added to the atmosphere, and I felt like I was tagging along with two very insane gunmen. The story is pretty gritty and I really enjoyed the way the progression went along. I wouldn't say that the AI is the best, but overall I didn't feel like it detracted from the overall experience. The multi-player is really a blast as well! Expand
  5. Jul 26, 2014
    *Review Deleted
    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
  6. Jun 19, 2011
    Don't listen to the haters. Actually this game was really fun and is almost one of best cooperative games I ever played. Visual effects were really good, I have never seen before such filters. I truly loved it. At beginning I didn't like the weapons since I couldn't hit with them, however later you get better weapons.
    Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days is for real gamers.
  7. Nov 8, 2010
    i loved this game and the original have not encountered The @#$%^'s of hacks that are in modern warfare. Wish the weapons were scoped Then again i just got it maybe later you can look down the scope.
  8. Nov 26, 2010
    This game is a blast. Most of the bad reviews on this game seem to come from complete idiots. You can skip cut scenes (hit enter). you can change your controls if you don't like them. and if you don't install your video card drivers, the graphics might be bad (and should be bad for EVERY game you play).

There are a few things that you should think about before getting this game though. if you don't like things that look like they were shot from a reporters camera, then this game isn't for you. It's almost like you are watching some crazy documentary. There is also a fair amount of gore in the game. They cover up some of it with a censor mosaic which to give it that documentary feel.

the game is also pretty short. but multiplayer is fantastic, and extends the life of the game. Someone said the cover system is broken, and this is partly true. to go into more detail, sometimes you take cover and will slip out of cover. It's never been so bad that I died because of it, but it's a little irritating at times. Also, you can adjust your control scheme pretty easily in the options to suit your gamestyle, but if you are used to wasd then you have the basics covered.

The story is also no Homers Odyssey, but it's still fantastic. I don't see how it's "boring" as it's more/better story than 90% of shooters out there today. and last, the graphics are amazing. the guy saying they look like ps2 graphics needs to go back and play ps2 again and maybe install his graphics drivers (or not play it on a 486).
  9. Jan 5, 2011
    This isn't a game for people who think Modern Warfare is the greatest series to ever come out. This is very much a PC game, and it's for people who like genres like pulp and wuxia, and films like Sin City and Watchmen. It's a game in the style of a violent, amateur documentary and it's a blast. A stylistic and over the top, ultra realistic and horribly violent documentary where you get toThis isn't a game for people who think Modern Warfare is the greatest series to ever come out. This is very much a PC game, and it's for people who like genres like pulp and wuxia, and films like Sin City and Watchmen. It's a game in the style of a violent, amateur documentary and it's a blast. A stylistic and over the top, ultra realistic and horribly violent documentary where you get to play the antagonist is really the best way I can think to describe it.

No running, jumping, quickscoping and knifing, cover and actually being able to aim is a must on the highest difficulty levels which provide some decent AI. Utilize your environment, explosive barrels are still useful.

Granted, if you're playing on the easiest setting the game is dead easy, which you know, the whole "easy mode". Be kinda stupid if easy was hard ey. The film grain and shaky camera are for effect, some people dislike the shaking which you can turn off. The graphics are quite decent when you max them out, of course if your system can't handle it and you turn everything off then, well, it's going to look like you've turned everything off.

There's quite a nice selection of guns, more for multiplayer if you get some of the DLC. Not as many people online as there could be due to things like not knowing that Options>Turn Shaking Off exists but still enough for a match. The multiplayer modes too are quite fun, none of this Deathmatch nonsense, here we have a group of robbers attacking a vault, stealing money and gunning their way out through guards. More cash means you can buy better weapons for the next round, which is a nice incentive to level your shotgun at the back of a players head and pull the trigger, looting the money from his corpse.
    Which gives your teammates full authority to waste you, and the person you just killed has now spawned as a guard and is coming back with a vengance.

The game only took me six and a half hours to complete on normal, and that provided a reasonable challenge but slack enough to enjoy the story. And the story is reasonable, not the greatest around, but not "The Russians are attacking!!" which is getting kinda old now. The dialog had it's repetitive moments but on the whole a nice touch to the game. As others have pointed out, the language can get a bit coarse at times, which for mercenaries and criminals actually works.

AI, on the hardest level will aim for the head, flank, and provide covering fire with assault rifles and sniper rifles while their shotgun equipped allies move in to waste you. On normal... Pretty much the same thing, just at a slower and more manageable pace. On easy, well, it's pretty easy. Level design isn't too bad, some of the missions are fairly linear, and some are full on scripted, but MW2 was worse.

tl;dr/dc

If you think jumping for a helicopter, missing and a sergeant grabbing your wrist every 30 seconds is good story, don't buy this game. Don't buy it if you dislike over the shoulder documentary style, over the top violence, or have a dodgy computer. Don't buy it if you like console style games, this isn't one. Buy it if you're looking for a gaming experience unlike any you've seen so far, and are open minded enough to enjoy it for what it is. If you're one of those people, you're going to love it, if not, it's going to be the worst thing you've played since whatever Medal of Honor last came out because it copied CoD. :P
  10. Jan 20, 2011
    I'm sorry but I almost didnt buy this game based on the bad reviews some people gave it.. I love COD and BAttlefield2, this is not either of those games, it is however a fresh approach to video gaming, it is more like playing a movie, or like playing the TV show cops???for a lack of better description...I truly enjoyed this and glad I didnt allow the bad reviews to sway me... If there is aI'm sorry but I almost didnt buy this game based on the bad reviews some people gave it.. I love COD and BAttlefield2, this is not either of those games, it is however a fresh approach to video gaming, it is more like playing a movie, or like playing the TV show cops???for a lack of better description...I truly enjoyed this and glad I didnt allow the bad reviews to sway me... If there is a 3rd Id buy it.. Been playing FPS's for over 20 years Since the 1st wolfenstein and doom hit the scenes.. And this is deffinatly in the top 10 and I give it 4 stars just for coming up with a fresh approach to FPS action.. It does take a bit of getting used to, but heck BUY IT!!! you wont be dissapointed if your a true gamer :) Expand
  11. Jun 9, 2012
    I really don't get all the hate for this game. I absolutely loved it. I was very comfortable with the length of the story, I thought it was just right. A story is not better because it is longer, that is just insane. The game is very well optimized for PC and looks great. They nailed the style and atmosphere of Shanghai. Co-op is a lot of fun. Online multiplayer is totally dead onI really don't get all the hate for this game. I absolutely loved it. I was very comfortable with the length of the story, I thought it was just right. A story is not better because it is longer, that is just insane. The game is very well optimized for PC and looks great. They nailed the style and atmosphere of Shanghai. Co-op is a lot of fun. Online multiplayer is totally dead on PC and online co-op crashes sometimes. I wish there were more save points but it's not a huge deal. Expand
  12. Oct 19, 2012
    This is far superior to the first game, even though I enjoyed that one too. I agree with many of the reviewers who were critical of the grainy film, shaky camera, and less than stellar AI. However, the story line and the non-stop action made up for the shortfall. Both Kane and Lynch are exceptionally gloomy characters, very similar to Max Payne. It's hard to believe that they couldThis is far superior to the first game, even though I enjoyed that one too. I agree with many of the reviewers who were critical of the grainy film, shaky camera, and less than stellar AI. However, the story line and the non-stop action made up for the shortfall. Both Kane and Lynch are exceptionally gloomy characters, very similar to Max Payne. It's hard to believe that they could live through so much gun play. I recommend this game highly because it's suitable for players like me who have limited skills; i.e., the game provides enough of a challenge to be entertaining. Expand
  13. Jul 26, 2011
    Pick it up cheap. Multiplayer is dead, but singleplayer is good fun. Not nearly as bad as the reviews stated. Film grain and shakycam can be disabled, so all that whining is useless. It's like the first game, but with better gameplay and shooting controls. I loved it.
  14. Nov 3, 2011
    In order to like this game you need to take it seriously. If you think of it as a game, it is OK. If you try to get into the visceral experience, you will be hyped up on adrenaline and feel like an action movie hero/(antihero). The only way to play it is on hard or extreme, especially with the music turned up loud. I felt like I was in a very real experience where it was me and aIn order to like this game you need to take it seriously. If you think of it as a game, it is OK. If you try to get into the visceral experience, you will be hyped up on adrenaline and feel like an action movie hero/(antihero). The only way to play it is on hard or extreme, especially with the music turned up loud. I felt like I was in a very real experience where it was me and a friend vs. the whole Chinese mafia/military/police. You just need to go along with what the developers were trying to do. Expand
  15. Mar 3, 2012
    This is the best K&L game, I donno y ppl didn't like it... I was totally happy with the "real-movie-made-on-phonecam" feature, it adds the game more realism, and also - the graphics was cool enough and so on =)
  16. Mar 22, 2012
    it's hard to believe there are so many idiots out there who just can't figure this game out. don't believe the fools who have given this game poor reviews because it is pretty much great in every way. the artwork is beautiful, the graphics are fantastic (though admittedly i don't really enjoy the look of the shaky-cam or the full screen effects but it is easy enough to turn both thoseit's hard to believe there are so many idiots out there who just can't figure this game out. don't believe the fools who have given this game poor reviews because it is pretty much great in every way. the artwork is beautiful, the graphics are fantastic (though admittedly i don't really enjoy the look of the shaky-cam or the full screen effects but it is easy enough to turn both those things off). the sound design is among the best i've heard in any video game ever. the game-play is fast-paced, target-oriented-shooting, hit detection is spot on and so is the control scheme, i can be about as agile in this game with keyboard and mouse as i am in any first person shooter. also contrary to what some of these morons will try to tell you, the cover system works perfectly fine, it's exactly like rainbow six. the two-man co-op experience is awesome and works on the internet as well as the lan and the multi-player match is the first innovative addition to online shooting matches that i've seen since the invention of the ctf game mode, it's a shame that people are too stupid to take the time to learn how to play it. the storyline is gritty and the characters are all very easy to hate which makes them real. which also makes me see why they did this game in the third person, because you really don't want to put yourself in these guys' shoes and i wouldn't think most people would want their kids getting too into this role either, kane and lynch are **** people. i would even go so far as to say that this game is not suitable for people under 16 or 17, the whole point and concept of this game is rated R for sure. this is also the only 3rd person game that i've really been able to enjoy because it is that well executed and i am eagerly anticipating the next game in this series! the only shortcoming i can think of in this game is that the interface for pc is a bit kludgey, notwithstanding that, i like everything about it. this game goes on greatly discounted sales, frequently throughout the year and that's how i came to pick it up myself but if i had only known i would have surely paid full price for it on launch day. get this game immediately, on sale or not! Expand
  17. Jun 1, 2012
    If only story could define a game instead of controls. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog days is a mess of crime gaming put in with a shaky camera, bad controls but fun game play and interesting storyline. If you didn't play the original Kane and Lynch, it was about two crooked crime gangsters who are betrayed by their leaders and forced to recover an amount of money for the clan. The first game doesIf only story could define a game instead of controls. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog days is a mess of crime gaming put in with a shaky camera, bad controls but fun game play and interesting storyline. If you didn't play the original Kane and Lynch, it was about two crooked crime gangsters who are betrayed by their leaders and forced to recover an amount of money for the clan. The first game does not land on my positive side as the story was less good written and the controls destroyed every fun aspect of the game. This game instead fixes it's controls but only slightly and many times I find myself slipping up and messing my concentration. Dog Days tells the tale after Dead Men in which now the Schizophrenic psychopath James Seth Lynch now living in the slums of Shanghai with his new lover Xiu. Now working for a criminal named Glazer, Lynch invites his old pal Kane to come to Shanghai and help him with a weapons trade. Things go to hell as the duo accidentally kill the daughter of a corrupt government official and are targeted by many gangsters and crooks. The story is more enjoyable as it reminds you of an old time crime movie. I have to say though as the whole game rather falls short and the ending had me cursing wildly with it's stupid and idiotic cliffhanger. Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days is not a great game and was never expected to be. I can appreciate it's try to be a thrilling action shooter but fails badly but measures up to a short game that will probably take a week to finish. Expand
  18. Nov 19, 2012
    I miss this kind of games, its no about the gameplay , graphics, the amount of missions or the amount of characters or weapons,is to represent the life of its respective theme , this game represents the risks to be a mob and how you lose all the people at you´re enviroment, this game is a nice example of how has to be the story of two poor bastards, not all is
  19. Dec 2, 2013
    Ta gra jest fenomenalną strzelanką. Całość jest tak chora, że już chyba bardziej się nie da. Grafika odbiega od najlepszych standardów (całość jest jak gdyby kręcona kamerą VHS z wolnej ręki) ale nie o to tutaj chodzi, bo strzelanina jest zwyczajnie wyborna. Daję tej grze 10 bo oceniam grywalność i guzik mnie obchodzi wszystko to co w tej grze działa źle...
  20. Dec 15, 2013
    Very underrated series. I love the feeling, setting, sound and characters of Kane & Lynch. Even though the gameplay is not the greatest, it is still worth playing just for those. It is very dark, depressing and the youtube like format of the grainy camera fits perfectly. Imo it is worth buying just for the menu screen! Best menu screens ever!
    Some of the scenes in the game also feel very
    Some of the scenes in the game also feel very unsettling thanks to the music design. Especially a shootout early in the game where police sirens is mixed into the sound and music makes for a very nice, hopeless and unsettling feeling.

I would love for Rockstar to get involved in Kane & Lynch. It would fit their style perfectly. If they can just keep the feeling but polish up the gameplay it could be truly amazing.
  21. Dec 15, 2013
    Some of the scenes in the game also feel very

1. Dec 25, 2010
    A massive upgrade on the first game, but don't blame us if you get a bit tired of shooting people in the face. [Issue#244, p.106]
  2. The best advice i can give is to trust your own instincts: even after reading this, if the concept and setting still appeal to you, definitely give it a chance. Just don't expect to feel the same way when it's over.
  3. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is an interesting beast because it really shouldn't exist. Outside of a unique art style it brings nothing new to the genre and does little to improve over the original game, which I might add, was far from a good game.