8.5

1. Oct 11, 2014
    The greatest FPS ever created. Good AI, awesome team play and well done graphics. The bonus of fan created add-on campaigns and mods makes for near endless fresh gaming.
  2. Sep 28, 2014
    It's an amazing game, i don't know why people are hating this game.
    It's the best co-op zombie game to play with your friends.
    It's easily the money worth
  3. Sep 7, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2. This is a game made by Valve. The same company that brought us such great games as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress 2. I reviewed those games a while ago, and I thought both were fantastic. They were both insanely fun multiplayer games that you could play over and over, and they wouldn't get old. With Left 4 Dead 2, Valve tries something different. Where Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike were multiplayer shooters that allow you to battle your friends across the internet, this game is a cooperative multiplayer game that allows you to team up with your friends to battle zombies. So, is this the kind of game that will bite your money, or will it want to bite you instead? Let's find out. As I said, this game is a cooperative shooter that allows you to team up with your friends and battle zombies. There are several campaigns to choose from, all with the same premise: you start out in a safe zone with your partners, and have to move from safe room to safe room until you are rescued. Along the way, you and your friends will have to fight massive hordes of the undead together. This would be boring if normal infected zombies were the only zombies you had to worry about. However, this game also has other kinds of zombies, known as special infected. These kinds of zombies add a twist to the game, that can make fighting zombies much more interesting. There are overweight zombies called boomers that vomit on you, attracting normal zombies, spitters that spit acid at you, witches that scream and pounce for a one hit kill if disturbed, and tanks that are practically the Hulk of zombies just to name a few. Not only do these special infected make fighting zombies much more interesting, but they also add new cooperative elements to the game. Certain special infected might pounce on your character, which makes it necessary for partners to save you for example. This game plays very much like any other shooter, only with cooperative elements. You really need to care for your partners in this game, because without them, this game would be practically impossible to play through. You need to give them first aid, certain ammo types, and revive them if they are injured. All this is very fun, and can lead to crazy moments with you and your friends. Along with the normal campaign mode, there are many more modes, such as versus, where you get to play as the special infected and kill the survivors, or survival, where you just survive for as long as you can. The gameplay of this game is fantastic, regardless of what game mode you are playing. As for the graphics, they are every bit as fantastic as the gameplay. Everything is rich with detail, and very colorful. The zombies look about as zombified as you would want them to look. All of the buildings and streets that you run around on also look fantastic. Even the characters and weapons look really good. This is definitely one of the best looking Source Engine games that has ever been made. The game also presents itself very well. The entire game feels like a zombie action movie where you're the star. This is shown through the movie posters used for the campaign, and the end credits sequences that play after you are rescued. There is also a story to this game, but it kind of takes a back-seat to the fantastic gameplay and graphics. Basically, a virus called the green flu has spread across the east coast of the United States, turning people into zombies. You and your co-op partners are all immune to this virus, and must get to safety. This game's survivors are also very memorable, with each having their own back-story, and making jokes every now and then. The campaigns also branch into each other, with each one showing what happens after the survivors escape from the zombies in the previous campaign, only to crash and be stuck in the next campaign, having to do everything they did in the previous campaign all over again. While the story takes a back-seat to the gameplay and graphics, this is the same approach Valve took with Team Fortress 2, so I'm not really complaining here. The only real problem with this game is that the single player AI is terrible. Yes, you can play in single player, but the AI of your partners is bad. There are mods available that can fix this however. Other than that, This game's presentation is really good. Overall, this is a fantastic game that absolutely must be played, especially if you have friends around. It can be hard to play alone, but if you use an advanced bots mod for the game it should work fine. I highly recommend playing this game if you like to play with friends, or if you just like to shoot zombies, or heck, even if you just like first-person shooters you will probably love this game! I can't recommend this game enough!
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Presentation: 9/10
    Overall: 10/10
  4. Aug 15, 2014
    Many people won't like this game because its the same. I say to that, why fix what's not broken. This game took what we all loved in Left 4 Dead 1 and improved it with more weapons, more enemies, more love able characters, and better co-op. Without a doubt, this is one of the best co-op zombie games I've seen.
  5. Jul 10, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2 it's an awesome zombie shooter game where cooperation really matters for progress, with a wide range of scenario and a ton of zombie to kill.
    Promoted!
  6. Jun 11, 2014
    This title is an excellent entry in the zombie genre. The game definitely shines the brightest when played with friends, but I find the single player goddamn enjoyable as well. Not does it only give you hours of challenging, but fun time in the campaign, the multiplayer modes extend the fun so far, that you can have a good time with it, even to this day. The only flaw I had with it was the slight repetition with the campaigns, but seriously, blowing away the heads of those stupid undead people never gets old, shall it be with an axe or a shotgun. Expand
  7. Jun 9, 2014
    To start off, I HATE FPS. It is one of the most repetitive and boring genre of gameplay.

However, L4D2 is very different. To start off, it is not the typical boring man shoots another man because of a war and **** like that. Instead, it involves something unique - zombies! Man shoots zombies otherwise their brains would be eaten. Amazing, isn't it? Furthermore, there are several maps,
    several weapons, and SEVERAL ZOMBIES WITH DIFFERENT TALENTS AND ABILITIES to keep you entertained. Not the typical boring and predictable human enemy. You also get a chance to be a zombie and battle humans in the multiplayer mode.

To summarize, this game (despite my hatred to FPS) is AMAZING!
  8. Jun 7, 2014
    The intense game-play, the weapons... The teamwork all just fits together in harmony when playing L4D2... I really wish a few things would change however these things are not even worth saying... Seriously good game and a worth sequel to L4D1.!
  9. May 28, 2014
    Ahh remember when valve still made games? Loved this game and series. Probably one of the better multiplayer experiences I've had, when you have a good and functional team on either side it can be such a rush. Really needed intelligent ranking team pairing though.

The modded servers are absolutely stupid 90 percent of the time but I made an effort to get banned from them all.
  10. May 28, 2014
    Left4Dead2 Created in best traditions of Cooperative games,play only and only with friend!My Metascore 10/10.On steam i played 1,200 hours.The best FPS game with zombies!
  11. May 11, 2014
    Simply fantastic; the horde zoombies attacks is a classic scene that is used over and over and never makes you tired. It's a thriller that makes you creep and laughing at the same time. It's so good that makes the storyline absolutely dispensable!
  12. May 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hi I like this game where zombies going crazy
    what's more cool pictures and I just had before the download in steam and cool cool
    and the most I like is the jockey and charger
    and for my only home game
  13. May 1, 2014
    Being new to the Left 4 Dead games - and PC gaming in general - I was unsure what to expect. However, after raking in nearly 20 hours of playtime in a single weekend it is easy to say that L4D2 is ridiculously good fun. The campaign contains multiple missions which can be played cooperatively or alone (if you're brave enough!) Out of all of the thrilling moments that the game has to offer; running along the roller coaster in 'Dark Carnival' quickly became the highlight for me.

If the campaign feels repetitive, there are many other exciting game modes available that allow you to play alongside other players online or as a competitive special infected zombie. The witch is an iconic zombie within the game that can quickly lead a group to panic as suspenseful music thickens the atmosphere. Although the game was released nearly five years ago, their is still an active community which will keep you entertained for hours. Definitely worth a play!
  14. May 1, 2014
    This game is just an incredibly fun game. I don't think I've ever played an FPS game quite like this one. The community may be horrible but it's still fun, especially if you're playing with friends.
    My only problem with this is that the community is absolutely terrible. They votekick you for not having more than 1,000 hours of playtime. But then again, that's hardly the game's fault, it's
    more of the people's fault, so if you get this game I recommend playing with people you know. Expand
  15. Apr 22, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2 has gotten a lot of flak for its similarity to the first game, but I think Valve made the right move in making it just how they did. Here's why:

REPLAY VALUE:
    - The first game was not very long, but it had replay value, the second game is essentially the first game with more levels, new levels, new characters, new dialogue, new weapons and enemies and mechanics, etc. The
    first game was a smashing success, so if the second was why would they change that much in the sequel?

NEW MECHANICS:
    - The guns, special devices, and melee weapons all have a very nice, "clean," feel to them. There's almost no "wind-up," so every swing, shot, and throw feels responsive. This is something many developers overlook when making games, and it's incredibly important to have the feel right.

NEW WEAPONS:
    - The arsenal from L4D was one of the more boring parts of the game. L4D2 has more than doubled the amount of weapons, whilst keeping the originals for old fans.

STEAM WORKSHOP:
    - Don't like the level selection? The skins are boring you? Then modify them with minimal effort by utilizing Steam Workshop, which is home to thousands of custom, user-made skins.

There really isn't much to complain about.
  16. Apr 16, 2014
    An amazing game, I could play it all day (but I don't have the time, lol). This game kicks ass and it has humor in it too! I recommend getting it on Steam for full experience!
  17. Apr 15, 2014
    This game on PC is where you can get the most for your money, steam workshop and mod support increase the games experience by miles. The game is very fun and yet encourages good team work overall. the enemas are well spread out through out the game, rather than 7 tanks coming at you at once.
  18. Feb 26, 2014
    I gave this a 9...because of the online and mutliplayer...which are close to 10s imo.

The solo campaign is an eight. Still fun but does not shine the same.

There is nothing bad to say about the multiplayer. It is fast, fun, crazy and just as good as Left for Dead 1.
    For me, L4D 1 and 2 are the genre definer in FPS / Zombie / Survival.
  19. Feb 24, 2014
    This game is awesome. So Very Cleverly Designed off the HL2 engine. It has one hell of a Co Op with some very talented artificial intelligence, where if you don't like online, or just want to play with one friend. You can kick some Major Butt. If you go online expect some noobishness. But if you find a good crew, work together, talk on the Mic, you can get through these challenges. Some are outright insane with the Amount of Zombies to Kill. So much fun. Now lets go kill some zombies. remember rule number 1. Cardio. and of course. always, double tap. Expand
  20. Feb 13, 2014
    This is very good game. It has a lot of mods wich makes it even better. If you play it with your friends you need a lot of time to get bored of it but in about a month you come back to play and it gets cool again and you just can't stop playing it. Game sometimes (very rare times) lags or it just crahes but that's not a problem. You did great work Valve.
  21. Feb 9, 2014
    Amazing game, very creative. I cannot wait for the 3rd version to come out, hopefully containing many more weapons, infected character, humans, maps and game modes!
  22. Feb 8, 2014
    Well, it has a very fascinating multiplayer. You can spend hours easily and don't even notice. It has so many mods and maps and they're all great, you'll never be bored. It's really entertaining but I can't say the same thing to single player. After all, forget the single player. Multiplayer will be enough for you. My score is 9 out of 10.
  23. Jan 21, 2014
    As someone who has never owned the original L4D, this game was amazing. Fantastically balanced levels and a strong emphasis on teamwork. And if you (like me) never bought the original, all those maps are now in the game.
    One downside is that the Australian and German versions were censored ( D: ), the other downside is that the graphics kinda suck ( 2006 standard), but it was obvious that
    they were too busy polishing everything to a blinding shine. Expand
  24. Dec 30, 2013
    joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya joya Expand
  25. Dec 30, 2013
    For a newbie to PC FPS games, I gotta say, Left 4 Dead 2 is definitely one of the most fun games I have played for the first time. It has great characters, marvelous imagery, incredibly detailed effects, and even more fun than chopping a zombie's head off. Or not.
  26. ERB
    Dec 3, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is no doubt a great sequel upon the original Left 4 Dead 1.Left 4 Dead still looks the same as Left 4 Dead 1 but the biggest difference between these 2 is that The game play in Left 4 Dead 2 is better than that of Left 4 Dead 1 and there are new campaigns and maps in here.Especially The Dark Carnival campaign.The Carnival campaign is fun to play and this is my favorite map.There are even more zombies here added in this game.Like the Jockey.The Jockey is like Left 4 Dead 1's hunter but the difference between the Hunter and The Jockey is that the hunter can jump very high like an assassin who will get you from above and once he catches you he will trap you and keep attacking you until you die unless someone saves you and kills the hunter.The Jockey is a zombie that cannot jump high but he or she is one of the scariest disturbing zombies I have ever seen in games.The Jockey is a zombie that laughs scary and once he or she catches you he will do a horse ride on you and while he is on top of you riding you,you will be like be under his control and he can force you to go where It likes to go and while he is riding you he will be attacking you in the head until you die or get saved by a team mate.

The Spitter is also a new zombie which spits green goo at you and even if your just standing in the goo you will get intense damage and you will die if you stay under the goo for too long.The Charger is also a new zombie which looks a little like the strongest zombie in this game The Tank.Now the charger charges at you and if you got caught by him he will choke you and slam you to the ground until you die.

Those are some of the new zombies in this game.Now lets talk about the characters in this game.In Left 4 Dead 1 there is Bill,Francis,Zoey, And Louis.In Left 4 Dead 2 you will have some new characters here.The new characters are Coach,Nick,Rochelle,and Ellis.Those are the new characters in this game.

Lets talk more about the game.The game play is not the only thing good about this game but the story in this game is good as well.I can't tell the story because maybe you will now about it and you will lose interest in this game.The game is fun and enjoyable especially the multiplayer.You can either be a zombie or a survivor in this multiplayer game.Which is fun!Left 4 Dead 2 is a great sequel and it gets a 10/10 from me.A great score for this game.This game is fun and I recommend you gamers to buy this awesome game and try playing It.I promise you this game is fun and you will enjoy this game.
  27. Nov 29, 2013
    One of the best cooperative games I have ever played.This title is one of the best Valve games it has good graphics,good optimization and a lot of updates,campaigns and modes also it has workshop.You should definitely try it!
  28. Nov 24, 2013
    Best co-op game I have played ever. The best part for co-op is that you don't need to be good at it to play. Cause even the strongest player will need your help at times.
  29. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2) (If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (2/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is better than the visuals, review this section as if the visuals didn’t matter)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (+1)

30. Oct 29, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is probably the best co-op experience you can find. It throws you into the zombie apocalypse, where you have to work with others to survive. Gameplay wise, it is challenging as the many special infected ambush you from all sides, and the annoying common infected just keep coming. Weapons and ammo stacks are scattered for you to find. Gameplay might be slightly repetitive but it doesn't harm that much overall when you play with friends.

Looking at story, you would think that zombie games don't need story to be great. In this case, it is somewhat true. The story is tiny, saying that New Orleans is a safe zone, and the survivors head there. At the same time, you learn more about the people you are playing as and with. The game is also not short on humour with some weird stories of Ellis' friend Keith to the alerts and jokes made by the survivors.

There are many things that are improved upon from Left 4 Dead, improving the AI, adding fresh new zombies to battle and using several techniques to control your weapon choice, and of course melee weapons are added. After that, Valve does an excellent move by taking all the campaigns and characters from the original, add the new mechanics and improvements and put it into one game as a free DLC. A smart and clever move by Valve.

Not forgetting replayability, where the game gets a bit boring after completing all campaigns. However, hopping into the game with friends is always fun and fresh, and you can choose to cooperate or leave each other for dead.

But all this cannot be as great without the giant modding community. The modding community adds many things including humour through character skins, new campaigns to keep you in the game, and small modifications to minor things. With the SDK, many types of weird mods can be created, including mods to change the special infected appearance, alter the music, weapon skins, right down to animations. All this keeps the game fresh and easy to get back to. And it is made easier with the Steam Workshop.

Often updated with new features like mutations, Valve allows you to return to the game with ease. All this plus intense zombie action gives you the grand co-op experience. Play with a friend or alone, it doesn't matter as both will prove fun and satisfying. Grab Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam or try it out during a free weekend.
  31. Oct 9, 2013
    Amazing game, great community and many modifications that can completely change your game style from a new skin to a completely new campaign. This game is great to play with a friend because well your teaming up to kill zombies! Cooperation is a huge thing in this game you run off to far ahead you die you don't talk to your teammates about strategies you die, you don't share supplies with your teammates they die which means you have a better chance of being killed in the long run every second counts in the game and I think its a perfect combination of a horror/survival game to a cooperation game Expand
  32. Oct 1, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 brings everything great from the first one and adds more to it. With 4 new characters (who i dislike more than the original 4), new levels, and new special infected. To add to this, they also included the 4 original maps, plus the original characters to play as. The special infected AI is a lot better in this game, and with the addition of more special infected, make the difficulty of this game higher, which is very nice. Obviously like the first one, this game should be played online, not alone, as the AI stupidity still seems to be relevant. What sends this game so far above the first, is the addition of the Steam Workshop. There are so many addons you can put into the game to have fun and so many maps you can download. This is easily the best multiplayer game I have ever played. Expand
  33. Sep 1, 2013
    The best co-op and zombie game ever the graphics are decent and the gameplay is great it is built for the PC as well the DLC is great bu the mods and free campaigns are so good and the Steam Workshop items really make it your own game
  34. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is freaking amazing. Having not played the first game, I feel I missed out on something but I'll probably pick it up one of these days. As for L4D2, I picked it up on a Steam Summer Sale a few years back and it's become one of my most played Steam titles and one of my favorite games ever, and that's saying a lot since I've played a LOT of games in my life. The best part is, if you don't like something about the game, you can probably improve it or at least add to it with the Steam Workshop, including mods that make your CPU allies more useful, and entire new campaigns to run through with friends. I'd have given this game a lower score if I were to account for the awful, rude, and constantly-griefing PvP community. It's League of Legends bad. If you find decent people to play with, however, or you just like going solo, this is the best zombie shooter ever made. Expand
  35. Aug 20, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2, this game is just awesome, you can even make a model and put it into game and play it with that add-on, just awesome. I really enjoy this game!
  36. Aug 19, 2013
    Ever wondered its time to join the 'zombpocalypse'? Left 4 Dead 2 is the best place for you. Four survivors with an arsenal of weapon ranging from chainsaw to M60 and lots and lots of Infected trying to hunt you down.

L4D2 picks up where the first game left off, only with new survivors to hunt and be hunted. The short story of the game is spread through 5 chapters (although it was
    expanded with DLC campaigns). It is not overtly complicated and deep, but it can be suspected for a game of this nature and fairly this is not the most important part of this game. On normal settings the campaign can be completed around 4 hours or so, if you have access to the DLC campaigns it will extend the fun to 6-7 hours. Amping up the difficulty will increase the challenge and frustration originating from the retries you have to take to complete the chapters. While the story is not the richest out there, the game features some amazing voice over and writing. The characters are funny, witty and believable in the world of the game of course.

When you (if you at all) breeze through the campaign with bots this is when the real fun begins. Online multiplayer is its name. Simply, this game is meant to be played with other humans. First of all, the AI is not horrible, bud it is bad enough that you will be constantly ripping out your hair while playing the game SP (especially on harder difficulties) Not to mention the Infected AI is much better. Second, the shooting is at its best when you are surrounded with real humans trying to help you survive or chasing you as Infected. Yes, there are game modes (Versus, Scavange, etc.) where you can show your skills as a Spitter, Charger or any type of Special Infected.

The challenges will just never end with this game. You can play different MP modes like Versus or the newly introduced Scavange (collecting cans and filling up the generator while the Infected are trying to stop you). Or if you want you can just play the campaigns again with human help. If you are tired you can jump on community servers or try the endless number of easy-to-use mods created for the game by the community.

Here we are again. Valve have proved again that they are indeed the masters of Multiplayer Madness. After hits like Counter Strike, Team Fortress we have the upcoming wave of games like the L4D2 series and DotA 2. While the SP mode is not much engaging and falls short of expectations and you may not care about the characters in the end, if you ever want to just jump in and oppose the endless hordes of zombies while having super fun, this is the ultimate and most definite place to start.

Rating: 85/100; Replay Value: 5/5; To Beat: 6 hours (SP with the campaign DLCs); Played on: normal.
  37. Aug 15, 2013
    One of my personal favorite games every.

Left 4 Dead 2 takes the Left 4 Dead series to a whole new level. While the story can be a bit hard to figure out if you don't play it as much as the others, you still can get the full jest of the game. The characters and zombies are unforgettable and put a smile on your face as you blast through waves of zombies and special's with a group of
    friends as you listen to those zingy one liners they characters love to through out.

As much as I love this game, it does have its flaws. Left 4 Dead 2 can be a real pain if you're playing with bots. They said they upped the A.I upon coming out but that's debatable. The bots tend to get abit lower than stupid and can be a real hassle to try and keep alive. Most of the time its best to just shoot them dead and move on.

While the main story campaigns are nice, its nicer when you have all the custom community created campaigns to play as well. While Valve has tried getting some over to the consoles, it's best you own the PC version if you want to experience this game to the fullest when it comes to mods. After all, this is a Valve game and it was made to be very mod-able for PC. Valve is a PC company, after all.

All in all, its an amazing game to play with a group of friends if you're bored and just want to have fun. If you're very competitive, you can also play the Versus mode which pits a team of humans against a team of player controlled zombies. Very fun, good game to have a good time in. If you don't own it on PC, steam usually puts it on sale for 5 bucks every few weeks.
  38. Aug 9, 2013
    This game is a great sequel to Left 4 Dead. It is much better though, due to improved AI and level dynamics (levels can play differently every playthrough). After you have completed the game, and start all over again, it will be boring, but the dynamics of this game adds extra replay value. It's best played online with friends, but offline, the NPC Players are quite bad.
  39. Aug 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Left 4 Dead 2 provides a unique co-op experience set during a zombie outbreak. Sequel to the hit 2008 game, the gameplay features the same A to B strategy from the original, but improves off it. The AI director, capable of randomising each level to tailor each player's experience and change the pace of the game, has been improved with new features, such as the ability to randomise the layouts of certain levels, or spawn different types of weapons throughout the map.

With a cast of new characters; Coach, Rochelle, Nick and Ellis, the survivors make it their mission to stick together and make it through the state of Georgia and into Louisiana, where they will be rescued in New Orleans. The game originally featured 5 campaigns, but Valve have since added extra levels and even ported the ones from Left 4 Dead. Other new gameplay features include new Special Infected, such as the Jockey, that will hop onto survivors' heads and carry them away into whatever fate they see fit, and the Charger, a huge ram that will pound into the survivors and deal a lot of damage. To counter this added difficulty, the survivor's get new items to use such as incendiary and explosive ammunition, and melee weapons.

The game also features new modes, such as Scavenge and Realism, adding extra hours of fun. Versus is still fun as ever with the new additions. The custom content in this game also adds to the fun factor, with campaigns such as Dead Before Dawn and Suicide Blitz 2 show how creative the community is. All in all, Left 4 Dead 2 is successful in improving several things that didn't work too well in the original. If you're looking to buddy up with some friends and survive the oncoming hordes, then this is the game for you.
  40. Jul 20, 2013
    While this game seems to be more of a glorified D.L.C., it earns its spot as one the of the greatest sequels of all time. Like its predecessor, Left 4 Dead 2 FORCES you to work TOGETHER. The graphics are very good for the dated Source Engine. The weapons have a good feel, and the realistic damage to the infected will make feel squeamish quite a lot. A very fun game from beginning to end. (Extra merits for easy modding as well.) Expand
  41. Jul 16, 2013
    To keep it sweet and short, Left 4 Dead 2 is an excellent single and multi-player zombie slayer. Carrying over most of the L4D1 content, the game is quite intense (maybe to gory for the squeamish), fast paced, and absolutely FILLED with enough things to shoot at with your friends.
  42. Jul 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Welcome to your South eastern part of America filled with zombies, Left 4 Dead 2 is filled with many experiences, starting in the region of Savannah, Georgia to the end of New Orleans, Louisiana. The characters itself is amazing, four character with terrific characteristics, Ellis, a redneck that has a very big crush on Zoey a character from the first game, Coach, a wise man, known for his cheeseburgers, Rochelle, a normal girl that is apart of News 10, and works as a producer, and Nick, your average guy that mocks every word you say, and as well for the Left 4 Dead characters there is Zoey, a teenage girl, working in college, she watchs MANY horror/zombie movies, meaning she is all ready for the zombie apocalypse, Bill, a elder of the whole group, like Coach, he is always watching for whats going to happen, Louis, a pill addict, or in a serious way, a business manager, very optimistic and positive, and Francis, a though man, but with a negative attitude with the whole team. The other thing is the game's plot, amazing traveling in the North east, and as I said before, the South east, I'd say, use your $20 on this game, I SWEAR, you will not regret it. Expand
  43. Jul 11, 2013
    j'aime beaucoup ce jeu le contenu est plus variées ont y retrouve les épisodes de son opus précédent la qualité graphique est tous aussi mieux un bon jeu auquel les fans de zombies ne risqueront pas de se lassés
  44. Jul 5, 2013
    this is one of the most amazing zombie games ever.gameplay is fun,multiplayer is cool,graphics are very good for an 2009 game.the blood is sick.there is nothing wrong with this game.its the perfect sequel to a game that i think is average(left 4 dead 1).buy this and you wont regret it.
  45. Jun 26, 2013
    When you can reach 1300+ and still play a game fairly regularly you know its something special.
    L4D2 is for me the perfect multiplayer experience you NEED your team mates to survive/kill survivors which really adds emphasis to communication and playing as a team which is lacking in other multiplayer games.
    What keeps game play fresh is the different variety of game modes and even some
    community mods which are easily accessible due to the steam workshop. L4D2 is best experienced with some friends although it is advised for new players to play through the campaigns first before venturing into competitive games like versus or scavange.
    As mentioned earlier there are some great mods for this game including Helms deep a survival map straight for Lord of the Rings, there are also tweeks for the AI and reskins for characters.
    The graphics arent going to amaze you but nor will they repel you the source engine has aged well and this game shouldn't be to taxing for any operating system.

All in all get this game!
  46. Jun 24, 2013
    It is a perfect game for just to have fun. With it's almost no storyline and only a lot of guns, against a lot of zombies with 4 of your friends makes this game a must play.
  47. Jun 20, 2013
    In reality, the game as it is now as of June 2013, is much better than it was as release, and is almost an entirely different beast. Steam Workshop support, the entirety of the first game's campaigns released as FREE DLC on the PC, nearly unlimited room for customization, a limitless pile of new campaigns to be played, new weapons, characters, skins, survival maps, even visual effects all are available......and entirely optional. The game is better balanced now than it was on release of either L4D1 or 2.

In short, Left 4 Dead 1 is awesome, Left 4 Dead 2 has a LOT more options and features for fans of the original. The argument that the first game was somehow better than the second is now baseless. For a $60 price tag, this game would still be a LOT of bang for your buck, but the game is normally priced at a measly $20, and frequently drops down to $5. Not much room for complaining here.
  48. AWG
    Jun 17, 2013
    This game is almost perfect. Maps are really well-done and compelling, missions are fair and graphics are well defined. I don't like new characters very much (Nick is the only good one, and I'd pay to watch him fight alongside Zoey, Francis and Bill) but the fact that Left 4 Dead 2 includes all the campaigns and levels from the first game makes it just awesome. I really can't find a flaw. 9 out of 10. Expand
  49. May 31, 2013
    Left for Dead 2 is undoubtedly the best zombie game I have ever played. The game honestly is a complete blast--- I could go on about it, but I will simply say this: get the game. And if you already have it, go buy another and give it to one of your friends.
  50. May 23, 2013
    "Left 4 Dead 2" is one of the most fun Co-Op games out there. The story is quite good for a sequel that does not follow directly follow from its predecessor. The levels are well made for a zombie game, unlike many that we have all played before. The simple tasks within the levels are mainly hold the fort type and scavenging parts never get old and are always fun and rewarding. Me and my friends can never leave this game with its outstanding replay-ability. The game has some nice multiplayer game modes like “Versus”. Where you play through the Co-Op levels as you would normally except all the special zombies are human controlled (it gets very fun with friends). This game has Steam Workshop support if in the rare case you get bored of the default ones. Did I also say this game comes with redone levels from the first "Left 4 Dead"? Did I also say you should buy this game? Did I also say that it's made by Valve? Expand
  51. sft
    May 22, 2013
    Resurrect Bill Vol 1

I just love the original Left 4 Dead. It’s a simple yet effective (and in my case addictive) game. So I started Left 4 Dead 2 with very high hopes. And I haven’t been disappointed. Valve have improved almost everything. We have 4 new survivors and the location has been moved to the deep south. The campaigns are considerably longer due to larger maps. More
    challenging tasks have been introduced and the zombies come thicker and faster than ever. There are several new “specials” to deal with, along with some new weapons, including melee weapons ranging from cricket bats to machetes. L4D2 looks even better than the original and there are some great in-game events: the use of weather as a hindrance to your progress in the Heavy Rain campaign is particularly inspired. It’s also a good deal more difficult than the original. So, pretty much everything about L4D2 is superior to L4D1. Except for the survivors. For me they lack the character of the original team, and although Valve have lived up to their deserved reputation for the quality of the dialogue I just don’t find them as engaging as the original 4. The chat between the survivors in L4D1 is full of great one-liners which helped build the bond with the player, even though you know they’re just bots. Obviously this hardly matters when playing with other people but I wish, nonetheless, that the original characters had been carried over from L4D1. Still, L4D2 is a great game. Play it. Now! Expand
  52. May 3, 2013
    Being a sequel and a game made by Valve, the game already has the potential. Left 4 Dead 2 is a sequel to the 2008 original, and is basically a survival game. A team of 4 survivors must fight for their survival in a town full of zombies. As a story there isn't something like never seen before, but doesn't really need a lot, after an infection, the remaining survivors must fight their way out of the city to a place with no zombies.

The gameplay is just awesome and fun. You can play as any one the 4 available characters and then you must only kill zombies, what else you can want from such a game?

It's linear so you won't miss many parts of the levels, but the AI is very well made, and every time you play the zombies are in a different place, same with the weapons, which despite you find in the same place, they're different. This dramatically increases the replay value, knowing that each time you play you'll have a surprise.

The zombies also have special classes, presented as Special Infected, and named like Jockeys, Hunters, Witches, Tanks, Chargers, Spitters and others, each one having it's own abilities.

The weapons are the most common ones, M16, AK47, USP, Glock, spas-12 shotgun, others shotgun, but there are also interesting ones, such as the Desert Eagle, Hunting Rifle, another Assault Rifle, and even molotov and pipe bombs, and if is not enough, you can use even gas cans and other explosive props as weapons, and even build explosives.

The weapons however can only be customized with lasers which really increase your accuracy, but is not a big problem as the game is set in a sort of apocalyptic world, and well, you don't have a lot of time to customize the guns.

The game doesn't offer regenerating health, but it can be however restored, by using first aid kits, pain pills, and adrenaline. Anyway, only first aid kits offer permanent health, others only a temporary boost.

The graphics are realistic, with nice shadowing effects, detailed textures, and a good realism level.

The soundtrack is as well dynamic and is played only in needed and exciting parts, which like with the zombie's AI director, the song's location varies every time you play.

The game also has a multiplayer mod, presented as a Versus Mode, where you can play as either a zombie or a survivor, a horde mode, and a coop mod.

As about flaws, well, there is a sort of a glitch sometimes when some special-infected zombies(not a certain race) can be encountered a ridiculous amount of times during the same level, however this glitch doesn't occur many times, it's a sort of a rare glitch, so it's not a big problem.

So, final verdict, Left 4 Dead 2 is a great game with a huge replay value, and is another must-own.
  53. Apr 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Left 4 Dead and left 4 Dead 2 are no doubt an incredible gaming experience, it has limited creativity-on the game I mean. Though, it offers a chance to play as one of the unique Special Infected, actual teammates' cooperation, several unique maps and gaming experiences, and a good dialogue, Valve has to push themselves from the limit and think of new ideas. What I have heard, Valve is coming up with Left 4 Dead 3 where a memorable survivor from the original Left 4 Dead returns. All i am saying is that if you guys can improve the game experience, but at the same time offer the great entertaining fun of charging Ellis out of the building-or even better. Expand
  54. Apr 30, 2013
    This is one of the best zombie games i have ever played, the engine is amazing, the gameplay is engaging and the overall variety of this game gives it an amazing replay value. This replay value has been boosted by valve releasing addon content through steam. The game is well worth the money now.
  55. Apr 27, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is as good as a sequel can get. It advances every aspect of its prequel. The combat is smoother, the AI is better and each new campaign finale delivers incredibly chaotic and fun gameplay. Left 4 Dead 2 introduces new special infected, such as the “Spitter”, which offers new challenging gameplay moments. The regular infected zombies have better animations and the special infected from the prequel are modified with different appearances and behaviors. There's many new cool weapons introduced in Left 4 Dead 2, including grenade launchers and melee weapons. If you liked the first one, then this is a no-brainer. Expand
  56. Apr 25, 2013
    Hectic, chaotic fun and memorable characters. Plenty of game modes and fun mods to enjoy. If you've never played the original it's fine because the original missions are put in the game for free with improved graphics and gameplay. A must have for zombie fans.
  57. Apr 23, 2013
    The fun and joy of completing the game on expert draws you in; the Versus mode ensures you keep coming back.
    The variety because of the different maps, the different unknown combinations of Special Infected you're facing and the alternation between Survivors and Infected, makes the Versus mode irresistible.
    This is definitely one of my favorite games and a keeper.
  58. Apr 22, 2013
    The reason for rewarding Left 4 dead 2 a pure 10, is simple. There is no competitor out there to what this game delivers and what it delivers is great. Even 4 years after it came out, it is still the absolute most fun co-op game out there, with up to 4 people. Even greater is the versus mode, where 2 teams of 4 take turn playing the special effected. It's easy to get into, so great for newcomers and hard to master. Expand
  59. Apr 19, 2013
    As I hit 500 hours played in Left 4 Dead 2 I figure it's a good time to share my opinion with anyone who is considering picking this game up during one of the Steam sales. Just try it!

Even if all you do is run through the campaigns with bots or random online players I'm sure you'll get your money's worth. The real excitement comes in the team competitive modes such as Versus, Scavenge
    or when you have the experience, Realism Versus.

Sometimes it's a little tough to get a balanced match going with teammates that have a clue but it is always worth it in the end. Love the environments like Dead Center, Dark Carnival (zombies on a rollercoaster track? yes please) and No Mercy. I can only describe playing as the special infected as engrossing and totally addictive--I've literally fallen out of my chair when I play as the Charger and miss the survivors with my charge, slamming my big dumb hillbilly zombie into a concrete wall.
  60. Mar 25, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 puts you in the shoes of one of four survivors Rochelle, Coach, Ellis, and Nick and makes you kill hordes and hordes and HORDES (maybe even hordes) of the undead! Why is it so fun, you ask? Because everything works. The visuals are as you'd expect them to be from a Valve game, the co-op is immersive, the levels and maps are different of multiple play throughs and the shooting feels so natural you'll actually feel like every bullet counts. Expand
  61. Mar 21, 2013
    Single player is a frustrating affair having to rely on a dumb A.I. the so called gameplay improvement Instead of getting hit by one special attacks you will get hit by two special attacks now. Plus A.I. team members will not carry any missile weapons or help in mission orientated tasks same as before.
  62. Mar 9, 2013
    This game is great, simple with very few elements of tactics but crucial to winning if your not familiar with the game. Graphics are good enough, but not awe inspiring. Servers are pretty good, support sucks but hey, very few people have GOOD support. The community is the one thing that really lets down L4D2, on vs people will kick you out of the server rather than help teach you anything. Co-op has a much better attitude to it. The skill level is awesome, you can find an easy survivable campaign if your new, If you have some trusted friends that know what there doing, you can start going for the really hard settings and get your ass whupped. Expand
  63. Jan 15, 2013
    Eerily similar to L4D, this game does not deserve to be called a "sequel". A fraction of the updates in TF2 could have created this game from it's predecessor L4D. Regardless, it is rather enjoyable and scary. There is nothing like the feeling you get when a boomer pops out from a corner and screws up your vision. Multiplayer is a veteran's game, so you better know what you're doing before joining ( a lot of people are very rude to noobs, which is honestly the worst part of this game, so if you can get past that you're golden). I bought this on sale for $5, and would have gladly paid $20 for it. The biggest problem with the multiplayer is that gameplay ends up being one-sided. There are 2 teams, and players enjoy stacking a lot. You'll often find yourself with utter noobs or else with extreme experts, in which case the game becomes anti-competitive. You can simply quit when this happens and join a fairer game, so I would highly recommend this 9/10. Expand
  64. Jan 7, 2013
    This is a great game,all the melee weapons are very functional and fun to use,new better maps,only bad thing about this game are newbies that can sometimes completely ruin the game for you.
  65. Dec 31, 2012
    Amazing! L4D2 is simply a lot of fun to play. So if one loves FPS, zombies, and online gameplay, one will simply adore this game. That said this is not a game to be taken too seriously. Just set back, relax, kill hordes of zombies and have lots fun doing so.
  66. Dec 25, 2012
    One of my favorite games of all time, for valve it is my favorite. The game has many more and new levels, allowing you to fight your way through the horde with new items, weapons and such. The game is perfect for co-op, survival, versus and scavenge (including realism). The only real downside to this masterpiece is the fact that the AI is horrible, always takes the wrong weapons and wastes health packs. The AI also never goes into the vantage points of the boss fights, and your almost always the only one to make it out. Expand
  67. Dec 9, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 was my first game on Steam and I just spend $5 on it! I really play this game every week since I bought it. Just a great-awesome-action-survival-zombie-game!
  68. Dec 2, 2012
    Yes, it's a decent sequel with big amount of changes over it's predecessor, which can't be simply packed in a DLC. This game is about teamplay and replayability - i'm playing it with my friends with VoIP and i played more than 400 hours in total and not yet bore with. One of the best co-op, PvP and overall games in my life.
  69. Nov 30, 2012
    A very good co-op zombie FPS. I didn't play Left for Dead 1 so when I played L4D2, I felt I no longer need to leave the house. All I need is some food to eat and play this game forever. Much teamwork is needed in harder difficulties, and I loved the fact that I cannot just shoot blindly and not caring about ammo. This make survival fun and exciting.
  70. Nov 25, 2012
    Ive put way too many hours into this game to give it anything less than a 10. As far as value goes for a game l4d2 has been the best game purchase Ive ever made. From a gameplay perspective, either have friends to play this with or make some because you dont want to go into this one alone which isnt to say you cant make friends in the game but a majority of the community can be pretty bad. It gets a 10 because it did exactly waht it set out to do and that, create a terrific coop/competitive zombie survival game. Expand
  71. Nov 10, 2012
    Chill out you lot who knock this game,it's a scream and great fun.I love the carnival with the rollercoaster its a ride and a half what a great time when you want a bit of a blowout.
  72. Oct 8, 2012
    just like the first game it was a huge sucsess and an enjoable game, story was actually interesting , and made me connect to the characters, the graphics were pretty good as well, and new weapons and the option for melee made killing zombies a whole new level of fun, and even the small jokes every now and than are great! people thought it might be a bad idea to make another l4d but they were wrong, ohh they were so wrong! Expand
  73. Sep 9, 2012
    Very nice game, valve done it again, had so much fun with this one, im hooked on it atm, the gameplay is the same....Extremely awesome. not much to be said really. good job.
  74. Sep 8, 2012
    it's a awesome game. it's pretty hard to get tired on it becouse it is much kind of games you can play as mutations, realism mode, story mode, and more.. and it's great that they have fixed so you can play all the maps and the peoples from left 4 dead 1 in this too.
  75. Jul 31, 2012
    L4D2 makes the first L4D feel like a demo. The PC version boasts 5 new campaigns and all the L4D1 maps plus a brand new map called Cold Stream included for no extra price. The game looks beautiful and it includes a ton more stuff than the first. A must buy for zombie killing fanboys
  76. Jul 30, 2012
    Awesome game. I don't know why you would pay full price on this. It's a Valve game, it goes on sale A LOT! I got this as a 4 pack to share with some friends. it was 14.99 for all 4 copies. We played Dead Center the first time we played and had some Co-op fun. If you can find it on sale it's a great value especially with the new free Cold Stream DLC.
  77. Jul 30, 2012
    this is the best game that I've ever played. I don't know some one even can say it is nor excellent! unbelievable.this is the best game that I've ever played. I don't know some one even can say it is nor excellent! unbelievable.
  78. Jul 25, 2012
    One of the best games that Valve made. It's better than the first one I can tell, more weapons, better graphics, more special infected and more modes. The no 1 game to have fun with your friends and kill zombies. The message that valve wants to deliver thought Left 4 dead 2 is use teamwork. There is nothing better than having a team by your side and survive a zombie apocalypse !
  79. Jul 13, 2012
    Positive: Graphics are good. Its fun to play with friends and its really team focused game. There are tons of custom maps on the Internet. Negative: Lack of steam workshop.
  80. Jun 1, 2012
    Amazing game!! good graphics, insane game play, awesome characters and the Add-Ons is the best part , I cant figure out why people are giving this game such horrible ratings cuz this game is a BEAST!! This is a must have game for every PC gamer.
  81. May 22, 2012
    Simply a fun game to play. What makes it fun is the way you can play the single player mode over and over again, stand back to back with your friends fighting zombies, BE zombies and the graphics are good!
  82. May 21, 2012
    L4D2 was the first L4D I've played and I like it very much. I give out 10 of 10 points because the game does what a game should to do: Fun.
    I play the whole time VS and sure, sometimes you've got problems with flamers and griefers, but sometimes you've got also good teams and a lot of fun. One of the best MP-FPS I've played.
  83. May 15, 2012
    This is the BEST GAME I EVER PLAYED. Soon i will have 3000 hours on this game, playing it since the Beta in 2008. Addictive, Fun, Competitive, Fast, Perfect. The MUST-HAVE Competitive FPS !
  84. May 13, 2012
    Overall one of the best games ever made, and pretty much evolved the zombie genre to a point towards even making Resident Evil run for its money when it comes down to zombie genre games. Left 4 Dead 2 will leave you with excitement and suspense which you will more than likely be talking about for a long time, along with that the fact its a Steam game and from valve, expect it to have alot of PC content exclusives such as Achievements, constant upgrades and unofficial mods. To make it better, Left 4 Dead 1 comes packed with this game as well when you purchase it! Expand
  85. May 9, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 is bloody, fun and really successful. Not only multipalyer is fun, even the single player is fun. It doesn't want hard specs and It's amazing. The only bad thing there is that It doesn't have checkpoint in single player. Overall, it is amazing! (9.1)
  86. May 7, 2012
    A great game.The graphics are nice, the campaigns awesome and the new infected are really nice to play with in versus mode! The game modes are interesting and challenging, requires intelligence to play as Infected to hit-and-run.The price isn't very high (13.99 euro here) and it is totally worth it!
  87. Apr 22, 2012
    This game is a must if you love zombies, or if you played L4D, single player experience is very nice, and your team mates are always ready to help, multiplayer with a lof of people is just supreme, if you are a fan of L4D you can play the maps as they are being imported, play from VS to Co-op mode, lots of fan made mods from weapons to maps and skins, are you ready to fight for survive against the zombie plague that spread all around the country ?
    If yes get in and kill some zombies !
  88. Mar 26, 2012
    Very addicting game, maybe the best co-op game i've ever played. It comes with the campaigns of the original Left 4 Dead so you don't have to buy the first game plus it comes with a bunch of new ones. Definitely recommend this to anyone.
    Ps: Playing as the Spitter in versus and scavenge is the best :)
  89. Mar 19, 2012
    This is a First Person Shooter COOP based game. There are several modes on this game, i have play more than 50 hours in online campaign and it is an excellent mode. In this mode, you and 3 other players will fight you way through several big locations in cities and forests and will be attacked by hordes and hordes of zombies (different kind of zombies). Several weapons are available, like AK-47 and shotguns, bats and guitars for melee attacks are also important. One campaign can take you more than one hour and a half, and there are more than 10 in the game; also, tons of community content is available and the quality of some of these content is amazing. For achievement hunters, the Steam version have Steam achievements. Also, if are planing to get these game but you are not decided to get it on PC or Xbox, i have to said that the Xbox version is great, but if you have a PC then get the PC version is prettier, faster and with more detailed effects.

Thanks.
  90. Jan 29, 2012
    The amount of free updates you recieve on the PC is astounding. Valve quality stamp, coupled with the amount of user content available makes this game a total blast. One of the best co-op games around, if not the most replayable ;) . Go buy for 20$ on steam or in stores!
  91. Jan 17, 2012
    Contains well thought out plot for a zombie apocolypse. Is very faithful to the original game containing new units, superior graphics, and very oriented around game play with friends. 10/10
  92. Jan 3, 2012
    As much as I miss the characters of the first one, and am loyal to the original's originality and simplicity, I must give the sequel a higher rating if only for the upkeep of free updates and constant addition to the already varied dynamic. While this one feels less like you're running for your life to a fate uncertain through the decaying ruins of the recent and progressing apocalypse, it's got more dakka and gorn. Plus that much more story to go along with the grim path humanity took in late 2009. For more information, see my review of L4D and just throw in the fact that there are more guns, more special zombies, more game play modes, even more game modes, a crossover campaign with the original survivors that's explained in "The Sacrifice" web comic, the original campaigns (with all the second's goodies), and just more Valve. Game on, comrades. But I do suggest you buy the first as well, if just to ease into the second's complexity, while being able to see your legs. Expand
  93. Dec 31, 2011
    I signed up just to make a review on this. As an experienced player of the Left 4 Dead franchise, I have accumulated about 2000 hours on Left 4 Dead 2, and about 350 on Left 4 Dead. What I have to say about this game is related to it's gameplay, AI, and the community itself. To begin with, the gameplay is exactly the same as the original. There are new throwables, melee weapons, and the original pistols that turned out to be the only secondary in the original Left 4 Dead. As of today, there is no real point in purchasing the original Left 4 Dead, because everything in Left 4 Dead 2 contains whatever is in Left 4 Dead 1. Everything is smooth, clean, and the graphics are stunning(not that it should be a major factor). The AI is intended to be smart and not idiotic. People have way too high expectations for the AI. Of course at some times the AI will fail to meet your humane, on-the-double needs, but that doesn't mean you can't do it over again. I say this because people who give up because the AI is too "stupid" have no patience for a game, and quit way too easily. The AI, during other game modes, follow suit. They kill on sight, and will wind up getting attacked more often than not, but are definitely all valuable and should not be wasted. As for the infected AI, I'm sorry to hear that you're infuriated that there are no new skins. There is a new skin, and it's the improved version of the original. The infected have succumbed further to the infection than they did in the original. The infected are smart and are meant to be on par with the intelligence of your Survivor allies. The producer's intentions are to come at you with full assault with small breaks in between. Without it, it'd be boring. As for the community(and this is my favorite part), you must bring friends. And if you're lucky, you're be grouped with exceptional, advanced, weathered players. The attitude towards each other in games like Versus and Scavenge are aggressive, and full of smack talk. If you want to keep your cool, don't say anything at all. Smack talk is a strategy to knock your focus off-course. Everyone in this game groups up on unsuspecting players in order to "stomp" them, known as pubstompers.

TL;DR

The main purpose of this game is to be grouped up with complete strangers and thrown straight into the fire, where you must work together to weather the storm of zombies and special infected, all while reaching the end together, or by yourself. Whether it be real people or AI you're working with(or against), you're definitely going to be put to the test in a fast-paced game such as this.
  94. Dec 29, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 is an improvement on it's predecessor in every possible way. Better overall play, added hand to hand variety, better performance, less bugs, hours of playing Co-op, Solo, Versus and of course, now a more versatile Battle "Special Zombie Players vs Survival Players" match. Totally worths it.
  95. Dec 21, 2011
    Best game ever! Played is now for more then 600 hours. Every minute is still very fun to play. If I have to mention one point that is not so good are the players online, 40% sucks ;-)
    Hoping for Left 4 Dead 3!
  96. Dec 16, 2011
    This is the most bloody game from all games witch I played, it's also very funny, Valve is based on "team" games, like Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead(1) and Half-Life(with his broters: CS, CSS)... @VonCarlsson, you're right, but, you can also try survivor mode, wich is very funny sometimes, it doesn't worth 4 mark, no way, anyway, this just the begin, I think the CS: Global Offensive will be disappointing for most of us... Expand
  97. Dec 11, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 is an enjoyable game to play. Like most games these days the game shines more in the multiplayer aspect and the numerous mods and addons that one can acquire through various means. These addons and multiplayer flavors are where the fun is. The single player is tolerable and is fun to play when bored but the AI really is sub par (the other survivors have god-like accuracy but are dumb as a rock in relation to self preservation, i feel as if i am babysitting them in most situations). But if you are playing L4D:2 you need to be playing it with other people as the additional survivors or as the special infected. In summation the game as a whole is worth playing and is highly replayable, but if you are more of a loner and play singleplayer exclusively then you may want to overlook this title and perhaps pick up another zombie shooter that caters to the storyline and solo play. Expand
  98. Dec 10, 2011
    Even though this game doesn't really add enough amount of stuff to be made a sequel, it's still very good game. The gameplay is great, versus mode is increadibly fun and unlike Xbox 360 version, this version isin't killed by horrible community. I recommend to buy this game, if you are into multiplayer games and you understand what teamwork really means in team based games.
  99. Nov 8, 2011
    an FPS game that is brilliant! the gameplay is awsome for a fps, the guns are awsome but lack a little variety. The only reason to really buy this game is to play online, single player id give it a 6, multiplayer online is a for sure 10. The replayability in this game is great, youll notice yourself playing it after you get bored at first from time to time and casually play it here and there. great game online, well worth the buy. Expand
  100. Nov 2, 2011
    Awesome coop game, the value of the free dlcs and the game itself make it a masterpiece.
    **** to the ones saying that it's the same old **** if the game has changed the same guys would be the first saying "oh no, ****ty game, those dubass changed everything and now is totally different, why would they did that? Vote: 4, 0, 2". Buy it.

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.