Left 4 Dead 2 PC

8.5

1. May 11, 2014
    Simply fantastic; the horde zoombies attacks is a classic scene that is used over and over and never makes you tired. It's a thriller that makes you creep and laughing at the same time. It's so good that makes the storyline absolutely dispensable!
  2. Aug 24, 2010
    All I can say, is that this game is a **** awesome sequel to Left 4 Dead, ticked all my boxes, nothing negative comes to mind. Awesome! The gameplay is awesome in multiplayer, had tones of fun, the new infected are fun to kill and are fun to play as! Very very verry good game :D
  3. Dec 11, 2010
    Valve may have released the sequel too soon, but their promise is still kept, they continue to support both versions of the game, Left 4 Dead 2 carries the same feeling Left 4 Dead 1 brought but with a twist, new weapons, items, maps, and zombies to come across. some engine enhancements. All I'm going to say is, this is worth it! you will have some good times playing with friends, and theValve may have released the sequel too soon, but their promise is still kept, they continue to support both versions of the game, Left 4 Dead 2 carries the same feeling Left 4 Dead 1 brought but with a twist, new weapons, items, maps, and zombies to come across. some engine enhancements. All I'm going to say is, this is worth it! you will have some good times playing with friends, and the new AI Director 2.0 just seals the deal. Expand
  4. Apr 24, 2011
    A good game, yes. But I can't really find myself playing it for more then a few hours, if not only a couple minutes. I quit half way through story modes when I play by myself, and really only play it with friends. With friends, or with people online, this game is really good. But like I said, playing by yourself wasn't as enjoyable as Left 4 Dead 1, because it's the same thing withA good game, yes. But I can't really find myself playing it for more then a few hours, if not only a couple minutes. I quit half way through story modes when I play by myself, and really only play it with friends. With friends, or with people online, this game is really good. But like I said, playing by yourself wasn't as enjoyable as Left 4 Dead 1, because it's the same thing with enhanced A.I (Maybe). But other than that, this is a pretty good game to play. The best on the PC I would say. It's a buy Expand
  5. May 1, 2014
    This game is just an incredibly fun game. I don't think I've ever played an FPS game quite like this one. The community may be horrible but it's still fun, especially if you're playing with friends.
    My only problem with this is that the community is absolutely terrible. They votekick you for not having more than 1,000 hours of playtime. But then again, that's hardly the game's fault, it's more of the people's fault, so if you get this game I recommend playing with people you know.
  6. Apr 15, 2011
    I have 236 hours on it. The base maps alone are tons of fun but the modding community adds even more to it. And thanks to the modding community some servers have 8 on 8 versus which is effectively D-day. It's just awesome. This is not just an expansion pack. It's not just DLC this is a full game.
  7. Oct 16, 2010
    Killing Zombies in a Post Apocalyptic wasteland is a Right of Passage for any gamer...This game delivers...If you are trying to increase your point total for your XBOX 360 GAMERTAG...look elsewhere...
  8. Sep 8, 2011
    I've played more hours of this game than any other - 800 at the moment. It's a truly great game, the only negative is the online community can be very annoying and love to cry "NOOOB!"
  9. Aug 9, 2011
    The great part about Valve is that they patch the game, add new content based on player's interests and no longer allow it to go stale. I have at least 600 hours into the game and have learned specific tactics for taking out the special infected while most people run aimlessly out to their death. It's a team-based game where if you stay together, the chances of survival are high. CoolThe great part about Valve is that they patch the game, add new content based on player's interests and no longer allow it to go stale. I have at least 600 hours into the game and have learned specific tactics for taking out the special infected while most people run aimlessly out to their death. It's a team-based game where if you stay together, the chances of survival are high. Cool binds to use such as taunt, yes, no, take the lead, stick that up your a$$, etc. make for some interesting jokes even if everyone is already on voice chat. What you're really doing is making a movie and if you're one of the 4 star actors you're able to take a break and watch. I love how the game seamlessly as well as instantly adds new players or replaces them with bots without some lengthy game re-load or re-sync making everyone wait. It was remarked that the grenade launcher sitting out in the open for anyone to grab and descimate the game solo was making the game too easy and allowing people to leave the rest 4 dead, so Valve moved them to more hidden areas so players had to search for the big guns. I hope it's evolution continues. Expand
  10. Sep 28, 2011
    I loved Left 4 Dead for some really good atmosphere, solid game play, and the co-op I desperately wanted in my games that nothing I had owned (up to that point) had ever filled though some had the potential to do so (looking at you StarFox). I only played L4D1 for about half a year or a little more before Left 4 Dead 2 was announced and then, quickly, released. The rush to get it out isI loved Left 4 Dead for some really good atmosphere, solid game play, and the co-op I desperately wanted in my games that nothing I had owned (up to that point) had ever filled though some had the potential to do so (looking at you StarFox). I only played L4D1 for about half a year or a little more before Left 4 Dead 2 was announced and then, quickly, released. The rush to get it out is really noticeable as the game has its bugs, but (since I started playing) patch-work has been done to fix that. The game is still far from perfect as it feels more like an expansion pack than a sequel. Only Melee Weapons, a few new maps, and a few new zombies were added to the mix. I get that trying to reinvent the FPS-zombie game for every game in a series might be asking for much, but I don't feel like this is a true sequel to L4D one like, say, F-Zero GX was to F-Zero X (for a random comparison).

The aesthetics are about the same, if not weirder because a lot of the maps are set during the day, which isn't scary. So the game lacks the previous game's tension. But common infected have a much larger variety and uncommon infected added to the mix improves the looks of the enemies, a bit. The uncommon, however, are rather low in number and don't present as big an impact to game play. For the mechanics, the game works, I guess. you point the gun and the enemies die if you click on them. Some new mechanics, like gauntlets, really make for a more interesting horde run. But the number of gauntlets are low, so you won't get them as often as you should. There is also dynamic path-making which will alter the course of a map depending on certain circumstances. While I like the idea of alternate paths to change things up, I don't like it depending on conditions being met. It should just be random so I have a chance to see all the parts of the game rather than having to go through a lot of guess work to figure out what path I can take. Overall, it has improved in terms of game play from the first. Melee weapons, bullet upgrades, and a larger variety of weapons makes for some improvements on the Survivor's side of things, while the horde gets new zombies and new uncommon infected to hopefully balance it all out. If you liked L4D1, this isn't a bad buy. At the time of reviewing, $20 is a good deal for this game, but you can easily wait for a Steam Holiday Sale when it drops to somewhere around $10 or lower.
  11. May 23, 2013
    "Left 4 Dead 2" is one of the most fun Co-Op games out there. The story is quite good for a sequel that does not follow directly follow from its predecessor. The levels are well made for a zombie game, unlike many that we have all played before. The simple tasks within the levels are mainly hold the fort type and scavenging parts never get old and are always fun and rewarding. Me and my"Left 4 Dead 2" is one of the most fun Co-Op games out there. The story is quite good for a sequel that does not follow directly follow from its predecessor. The levels are well made for a zombie game, unlike many that we have all played before. The simple tasks within the levels are mainly hold the fort type and scavenging parts never get old and are always fun and rewarding. Me and my friends can never leave this game with its outstanding replay-ability. The game has some nice multiplayer game modes like “Versus”. Where you play through the Co-Op levels as you would normally except all the special zombies are human controlled (it gets very fun with friends). This game has Steam Workshop support if in the rare case you get bored of the default ones. Did I also say this game comes with redone levels from the first "Left 4 Dead"? Did I also say you should buy this game? Did I also say that it's made by Valve? Expand
  12. Aug 9, 2013
    This game is a great sequel to Left 4 Dead. It is much better though, due to improved AI and level dynamics (levels can play differently every playthrough). After you have completed the game, and start all over again, it will be boring, but the dynamics of this game adds extra replay value. It's best played online with friends, but offline, the NPC Players are quite bad.
  13. Dec 18, 2014
    Zombie lovers, this is a game that is a must buy. The campaign was so much fun to play. But the best thing about the game is the Multiplayer online. They have a **** ton of games to do online and it's a lot of fun. Not only that, you can start a co-op in the campaign. Plus all the DLC for the xbox 360 also that follow the campaign from the start. Best part is that they brought back theZombie lovers, this is a game that is a must buy. The campaign was so much fun to play. But the best thing about the game is the Multiplayer online. They have a **** ton of games to do online and it's a lot of fun. Not only that, you can start a co-op in the campaign. Plus all the DLC for the xbox 360 also that follow the campaign from the start. Best part is that they brought back the original crew from the original left 4 dead. Nothing negative comes to mind. This game is hella fun. Expand
  14. Mar 19, 2012
    This is a First Person Shooter COOP based game. There are several modes on this game, i have play more than 50 hours in online campaign and it is an excellent mode. In this mode, you and 3 other players will fight you way through several big locations in cities and forests and will be attacked by hordes and hordes of zombies (different kind of zombies). Several weapons are available,This is a First Person Shooter COOP based game. There are several modes on this game, i have play more than 50 hours in online campaign and it is an excellent mode. In this mode, you and 3 other players will fight you way through several big locations in cities and forests and will be attacked by hordes and hordes of zombies (different kind of zombies). Several weapons are available, like AK-47 and shotguns, bats and guitars for melee attacks are also important. One campaign can take you more than one hour and a half, and there are more than 10 in the game; also, tons of community content is available and the quality of some of these content is amazing. For achievement hunters, the Steam version have Steam achievements. Also, if are planing to get these game but you are not decided to get it on PC or Xbox, i have to said that the Xbox version is great, but if you have a PC then get the PC version is prettier, faster and with more detailed effects.

Thanks.
  15. Feb 19, 2016
    Absolument énorme, le coop comme jamais dans un jeu immense au potentiel encore fabuleux, j'imagine même pas une suite avec toute les trouvailles que l'on pourrait y faire, un concept démoniaque et un plaisir de jeu hors norme, entre ami, ou même seul, le monde VS toujours aussi fun, même si on aurait aimer des stats et un classement plus motivant.
    Le mode campagne, le coeur du jeu est
    Le mode campagne, le coeur du jeu est tout simplement ce qui se fait de mieux dans le monde vidéo ludique pour ce qui est du coop, énnnoooormmmme!!!!!!
  16. Jan 21, 2014
    As someone who has never owned the original L4D, this game was amazing. Fantastically balanced levels and a strong emphasis on teamwork. And if you (like me) never bought the original, all those maps are now in the game.
    One downside is that the Australian and German versions were censored ( D: ), the other downside is that the graphics kinda suck ( 2006 standard), but it was obvious that they were too busy polishing everything to a blinding shine.
  17. Dec 29, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 is an improvement on it's predecessor in every possible way. Better overall play, added hand to hand variety, better performance, less bugs, hours of playing Co-op, Solo, Versus and of course, now a more versatile Battle "Special Zombie Players vs Survival Players" match. Totally worths it.
  18. Dec 31, 2012
    Amazing! L4D2 is simply a lot of fun to play. So if one loves FPS, zombies, and online gameplay, one will simply adore this game. That said this is not a game to be taken too seriously. Just set back, relax, kill hordes of zombies and have lots fun doing so.
  19. Jul 13, 2012
    Positive: Graphics are good. Its fun to play with friends and its really team focused game. There are tons of custom maps on the Internet. Negative: Lack of steam workshop.
  20. Feb 13, 2014
    This is very good game. It has a lot of mods wich makes it even better. If you play it with your friends you need a lot of time to get bored of it but in about a month you come back to play and it gets cool again and you just can't stop playing it. Game sometimes (very rare times) lags or it just crahes but that's not a problem. You did great work Valve.
  21. Oct 11, 2010
    Do not underestimate versus fun you can get from this game. Do not try to play single player. Get out there, find a lobby and aid other survivors against endless horde of zombies. Once you get the point, you can't let it go. Absolutely wonderful on many levels.
  22. Apr 21, 2011
    It's not as spooky or atmospheric or creative as the first game, but the gameplay is improved, the graphics are improved, and the versus mode is not only playable, but is also the most fun I've had in a multiplayer zombie game since the craziest nights of Zombie Master.
  23. May 21, 2012
    L4D2 was the first L4D I've played and I like it very much. I give out 10 of 10 points because the game does what a game should to do: Fun.
    I play the whole time VS and sure, sometimes you've got problems with flamers and griefers, but sometimes you've got also good teams and a lot of fun. One of the best MP-FPS I've played.
  24. Aug 27, 2013
    This game is freaking amazing. Having not played the first game, I feel I missed out on something but I'll probably pick it up one of these days. As for L4D2, I picked it up on a Steam Summer Sale a few years back and it's become one of my most played Steam titles and one of my favorite games ever, and that's saying a lot since I've played a LOT of games in my life. The best part is, ifThis game is freaking amazing. Having not played the first game, I feel I missed out on something but I'll probably pick it up one of these days. As for L4D2, I picked it up on a Steam Summer Sale a few years back and it's become one of my most played Steam titles and one of my favorite games ever, and that's saying a lot since I've played a LOT of games in my life. The best part is, if you don't like something about the game, you can probably improve it or at least add to it with the Steam Workshop, including mods that make your CPU allies more useful, and entire new campaigns to run through with friends. I'd have given this game a lower score if I were to account for the awful, rude, and constantly-griefing PvP community. It's League of Legends bad. If you find decent people to play with, however, or you just like going solo, this is the best zombie shooter ever made. Expand
  25. Sep 9, 2012
    Very nice game, valve done it again, had so much fun with this one, im hooked on it atm, the gameplay is the same....Extremely awesome. not much to be said really. good job.
  26. Jun 9, 2014
    To start off, I HATE FPS. It is one of the most repetitive and boring genre of gameplay.

However, L4D2 is very different. To start off, it is not the typical boring man shoots another man because of a war and **** like that. Instead, it involves something unique - zombies! Man shoots zombies otherwise their brains would be eaten. Amazing, isn't it? Furthermore, there are several maps, several weapons, and SEVERAL ZOMBIES WITH DIFFERENT TALENTS AND ABILITIES to keep you entertained. Not the typical boring and predictable human enemy. You also get a chance to be a zombie and battle humans in the multiplayer mode.

To summarize, this game (despite my hatred to FPS) is AMAZING!
  27. Mar 1, 2016
    Olá, tudo bem? Bom, vamos a minha crítica, no caso, sobre este grande jogo: Left 4 Dead 2. Trata-se de um jogo de tiro em primeira pessoa (FPS) com um tema pós-apocalíptico, causado pelos tão adoráveis zumbis (aqui em L4D2 podemos chama-los de maratonistas sem nenhum problema, pois haja fôlego pra correr assim!) e podemos controlar até 4 personagens diferentes (juntando a campanha do L4DOlá, tudo bem? Bom, vamos a minha crítica, no caso, sobre este grande jogo: Left 4 Dead 2. Trata-se de um jogo de tiro em primeira pessoa (FPS) com um tema pós-apocalíptico, causado pelos tão adoráveis zumbis (aqui em L4D2 podemos chama-los de maratonistas sem nenhum problema, pois haja fôlego pra correr assim!) e podemos controlar até 4 personagens diferentes (juntando a campanha do L4D original, ficamos com 8 personagens ao todo. Sim, Left 4 Dead 2 vem com as campanhas e personagens do seu antecessor inclusas) cada um deles com personalidades diferentes, mas que no final, tem que trabalhar em equipe para conseguirem sobreviver, e isso é claro, não é simplesmente na teoria, também é na prática.

Apesar de L4D2 ser ótimo no modo singleplayer, com certeza você vai se divertir muito mais e por muito mais tempo no multiplayer, isso porque é muito interessante passar de fase usando o trabalho em equipe, pois vá por mim, não tem como você passar de fase jogando sozinho feito um Rambo da vida, isso acontece porque alguns infectados especiais se te atacarem em cheio, te deixam incapacitados de se mover ou realizar qualquer ação e dessa forma você só irá se libertar se um dos seus companheiros de equipe decidir ajuda-lo, então sempre iremos precisar da ajuda dos outros, isso vale não somente para o jogo, mas também para nossa vida (mitei, né não?).

O jogo em si pode ser explicado de forma bem simples: Ele é divido por campanhas e cada uma delas dividem-se em capítulos, onde nosso objetivo, na grande maioria das vezes, é passar do Ponto A para o Ponto B e matar tudo que vier pela frente (mas além da campanha também existem diversos outros modos de jogo, como o modo "Versus" onde podemos controlar os infectados especiais do jogo e temos como objetivo eliminar os sobreviventes). Apesar de soar repetitivo esse estilo de jogo, eu não considero L4D2 um jogo enjoativo. Não sei dizer o motivo mas é um game que é realmente muito divertido, sua jogabilidade é excelente, possui bons gráficos, os cenários são diversificados, os infectados especiais são muito interessantes, cada um deles possue características únicas e uma "música-tema" tensa e os infectados comuns também são interessantes, pois diferente da maioria dos zumbis (os lentões que tropeçam sozinho e mesmo assim conseguem morder as pessoas, como os de The Walking Dead) esses são muito velozes e brutais, eles não exitam em te espancar (sim, eles não mordem você, eles te espancam até a morte) e algumas vezes eles formam uma cirandinha maldita em volta de você e te fazem de saco de pancada, isso é algo muito interessante (e inconveniente também né?).

Ah, algo interessante também nessa versão para PC é que é possível baixar "Skins" de armas, personagens, itens e até mesmo mapas (recomendo demais que vocês baixem o mapa Raccon City: Nemesis). E você também pode criar essas coisas, tudo isso em uma ferramenta de motor Source, dedicada para quem quer fazer coisas para adicionar a Left 4 Dead 2... Enfim, na minha opinião, é um game que com certeza vale a pena ser comprado, é um dos melhores jogos que eu já joguei, você NÃO precisa de um PC da NASA pra rodar, é extremamente divertido e um excelente jogo para ser jogado com amigos. Talvez o único ponto negativo seja a ausência de uma história detalhada, pois o que temos mesmo são simples diálogos entre os sobreviventes, mas pelo menos para mim, isso não faz tanta falta assim, é um jogo que tem um foco muito mais na diversão do que em explicar os acontecimentos em si.

Nota Final: 9.8/10 (Fantástico)
  28. Aug 23, 2010
    Left 4 Dead 2 is a great game that is probably the best FPS that i've played in a long time. I recoend this game to everybody. Its pure Great. This game has new levels, zombies, weapons, and chracters. anybody who likes First person shooters should get this game.
  29. Dec 19, 2010
    Milujete zombie? Radi je strilite a sekate na kousky? Chcete to delat spolecne s Vasimi prateli? Potom je to jasna koupe. Pokud nemate moznost sitového hrani je zde i singleplayer, ktery Vam ale nenabidne takove zazitky, protoze vasi partaci jsou rizení umelou inteligenci, ktera je sice na dobre urovni, ale zivy hrac je zivy hrac.
  30. Sep 6, 2011
    Woah woah woah... time out. All these people complain about L4D2 being the same thing as L4D, but that simply isn't true! At its core, yes, L4D2 is the same but so is every game on the market. Halo is still a shooter, Command and Conquer is still a strategy game, Starcraft is still epic, Episode 3 still isn't released, and Left 4 Dead is still a co-op zombie survival game. Just becauseWoah woah woah... time out. All these people complain about L4D2 being the same thing as L4D, but that simply isn't true! At its core, yes, L4D2 is the same but so is every game on the market. Halo is still a shooter, Command and Conquer is still a strategy game, Starcraft is still epic, Episode 3 still isn't released, and Left 4 Dead is still a co-op zombie survival game. Just because Valve didn't go for L4D2: Cooking Mama as their sequel doesn't mean they're ripping us off. This game easily has enough new content to teach Infinity Ward and Treyarch a thing or two.

Valve obviously worked hard to make the original experience much more fun in every aspect and they definitely delivered. The only thing that I would have docked a point for is not having enough maps, but free DLC took care of that. Besides, I had to do something to even out all the people trying to say the game hadn't changed. I wouldn't be surprised if half of them don't even own the game.
  31. Nov 30, 2011
    What is it, 2 years - 3 after the game came out, and people are still complaining about it? I was part of the little protest not to release l4d2 because it really was the same thing - but valve definitely keeps it updated, fresh and new. They also added new left 4 dead 1 maps into L4D2, so you've really got alot more maps to play on, there's tons of free updates and patches and really,What is it, 2 years - 3 after the game came out, and people are still complaining about it? I was part of the little protest not to release l4d2 because it really was the same thing - but valve definitely keeps it updated, fresh and new. They also added new left 4 dead 1 maps into L4D2, so you've really got alot more maps to play on, there's tons of free updates and patches and really, it's load of fun. 9/10 - the game is not perfect, but it is worth your money if you like zombie games. Expand
  32. Sep 8, 2012
    it's a awesome game. it's pretty hard to get tired on it becouse it is much kind of games you can play as mutations, realism mode, story mode, and more.. and it's great that they have fixed so you can play all the maps and the peoples from left 4 dead 1 in this too.
  33. Oct 31, 2013
    Since this came out a mere year after Left4Dead 1, it angered a lot of the players of the first game, me included.
    I did not want 4 new characters, especially ones as uninteresting as these, I didn't want to plop down another $40 for a sequel when the first was still relatively new and I didn't want it set during the daytime.
    However, if you are able to set all that aside and just look

However, if you are able to set all that aside and just look at the game play, it IS still pretty fun.

Here's what's great:
    - Melee weapons! This should have been in the original and really fill things out.
    - Scripted campaigns. Very foolishly cut from the original game.
    - Ability to restart a particular map without restarting the whole campaign. This alleviates much of the problem of griefers.
    - Uncommon infected. A nice touch that makes each map feel more unique.
    - Mutations. Great way to mix things up
    - Player mods. Some of the player-made maps are even better than the ones in the game.

Here's what sucks
    - High-tech military weapons. This greatly detracts from the mood that these are just 4 random people fighting with whatever was lying around at the time.
    - Jockeys! Are you friggin kidding me? Stupid looking model, stupid special power, stupidly hard to kill.
    - AI. WOW did the AI get dumber! In the first game the bots would at least respond when you got attacked, now they just stand there looking at you half the time.

So is it worth buying? Well from at 2013 perspective after all the player mods and other stuff that has been added I would say YES, although the way this was handled is definitely a black mark on Valve.
    I also hate, hate, hate the jockys! They are silly, their special ability is even sillier and they are silly-hard to kill. It felt like these things were crammed-in just to expand the inventory when
  34. Nov 19, 2015
    Successful sequel to a very good shooter, where we have to eliminate hordes of zombies. It includes all the campaigns from the first part, so nothing is lost if you were unable to enjoy it before. It offers a few interesting play modes, but I found "campaign" the most enjoyable. The real fun starts when playing co-op with friends.

Score: 9/10 - I would definitely recommend it!
  35. Oct 28, 2010
    I was a very big fan of L4D, and was excited for L4D2 to come out. It kinda sucks that they released it only a year after the original, but it has enough content to make it worth it. The new stuff keeps things pretty interesting. With the price now hovering around $19.99 (its on a Halloween sale for $9.99) its a great buy!
  36. Ed1
    Dec 12, 2010
    Its clear that the developers really paid attention to this game. The game play is perfect and the graphics are very good. The additions of weapon types, extra special infected and melee weapons makes this a fine sequel to part 1.
  37. Sep 9, 2011
    Its a fun but repetitive game. But it hasn't aged well. Its starting to look rough around the edges. If you can fool yourself to thinking it looks good you probably can get several hundred of hours of addicted playing out of this, else it will feel more like a repetitive slog because the environments look very bland. This looks like a game that worried too much about hardware budgets ,Its a fun but repetitive game. But it hasn't aged well. Its starting to look rough around the edges. If you can fool yourself to thinking it looks good you probably can get several hundred of hours of addicted playing out of this, else it will feel more like a repetitive slog because the environments look very bland. This looks like a game that worried too much about hardware budgets , or was developed on a tight budget itself. Not much is textured properly and there is too many details missing from the scenes. For example, their idea of a store is a room with an empty shelve and a block looking cabinet with a register on it, and no other details you'd see in a store. The good side, being a MP game, its still alive currently and finding a game is not too hard. The game also appears to be still be supported regularly by the creator Valve with recently now the l4d campaigns being added into the game. Expand
  38. May 7, 2012
    A great game.The graphics are nice, the campaigns awesome and the new infected are really nice to play with in versus mode! The game modes are interesting and challenging, requires intelligence to play as Infected to hit-and-run.The price isn't very high (13.99 euro here) and it is totally worth it!
  39. May 15, 2012
    This is the BEST GAME I EVER PLAYED. Soon i will have 3000 hours on this game, playing it since the Beta in 2008. Addictive, Fun, Competitive, Fast, Perfect. The MUST-HAVE Competitive FPS !
  40. Jun 20, 2013
    In reality, the game as it is now as of June 2013, is much better than it was as release, and is almost an entirely different beast. Steam Workshop support, the entirety of the first game's campaigns released as FREE DLC on the PC, nearly unlimited room for customization, a limitless pile of new campaigns to be played, new weapons, characters, skins, survival maps, even visual effects allIn reality, the game as it is now as of June 2013, is much better than it was as release, and is almost an entirely different beast. Steam Workshop support, the entirety of the first game's campaigns released as FREE DLC on the PC, nearly unlimited room for customization, a limitless pile of new campaigns to be played, new weapons, characters, skins, survival maps, even visual effects all are available......and entirely optional. The game is better balanced now than it was on release of either L4D1 or 2.

In short, Left 4 Dead 1 is awesome, Left 4 Dead 2 has a LOT more options and features for fans of the original. The argument that the first game was somehow better than the second is now baseless. For a $60 price tag, this game would still be a LOT of bang for your buck, but the game is normally priced at a measly $20, and frequently drops down to $5. Not much room for complaining here.
  41. May 31, 2013
    Left for Dead 2 is undoubtedly the best zombie game I have ever played. The game honestly is a complete blast--- I could go on about it, but I will simply say this: get the game. And if you already have it, go buy another and give it to one of your friends.
  42. Aug 20, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2, this game is just awesome, you can even make a model and put it into game and play it with that add-on, just awesome. I really enjoy this game!
  43. Nov 30, 2010
    People say that this is a poor attempt at sequel but I have to disagree. Its done very nicely and the online mode runs very smoothly. The AI is very intelligent and honestly smarter than most players online. The difficulty levels are true to there name and are actually hard.
  44. Mar 8, 2011
    Decent game, although they didn't change that much from the original L4D i still enjoyed it. The promised revamped AI director wasn't as amazing. The voice acting(especially rochelle) hasn't been as good. The new alarm events, new infected, and new gamemode (including mutation) are pretty creative and fun though. Although campaign can get too easy and boring over time, i feel the strengthDecent game, although they didn't change that much from the original L4D i still enjoyed it. The promised revamped AI director wasn't as amazing. The voice acting(especially rochelle) hasn't been as good. The new alarm events, new infected, and new gamemode (including mutation) are pretty creative and fun though. Although campaign can get too easy and boring over time, i feel the strength of this game lies in its multiplayer. It is immensely fun to play with friends, whether you are dominating in pubs or are playing against challenging opponents. There are learning curves and strategies to play both the infected and survivor, and valve designed it so it is easy to pick up for beginners, while maintaining a high skill ceiling for advance players to hone their tricks. Once again Valve never disappoints. Expand
  45. Mar 22, 2012
    Better than first Left 4 Dead but still there is many things bothering. Rage quits are biggest problem in multiplayer and many times game ends before first map is finished. Game also gets pretty hard when players get better. Infected can not let survivors go when someone is coming to rescue them and kill you and Jockeys should have similar skills with Hunter; Bounce damage and skill toBetter than first Left 4 Dead but still there is many things bothering. Rage quits are biggest problem in multiplayer and many times game ends before first map is finished. Game also gets pretty hard when players get better. Infected can not let survivors go when someone is coming to rescue them and kill you and Jockeys should have similar skills with Hunter; Bounce damage and skill to jump from wall to wall. How ever game was very entertaining for several months after it was released and DLC maps were "ok". There is also no sense to buy original Left 4 Dead because all maps are now available in this game. This was one of my favorite games but now I'm waiting something new from Valve. Expand
  46. Apr 25, 2013
    Hectic, chaotic fun and memorable characters. Plenty of game modes and fun mods to enjoy. If you've never played the original it's fine because the original missions are put in the game for free with improved graphics and gameplay. A must have for zombie fans.
  47. Aug 15, 2013
    One of my personal favorite games every.

One of my personal favorite games every.

Left 4 Dead 2 takes the Left 4 Dead series to a whole new level. While the story can be a bit hard to figure out if you don't play it as much as the others, you still can get the full jest of the game. The characters and zombies are unforgettable and put a smile on your face as you blast through waves of zombies and special's with a group of friends as you listen to those zingy one liners they characters love to through out.

As much as I love this game, it does have its flaws. Left 4 Dead 2 can be a real pain if you're playing with bots. They said they upped the A.I upon coming out but that's debatable. The bots tend to get abit lower than stupid and can be a real hassle to try and keep alive. Most of the time its best to just shoot them dead and move on.

While the main story campaigns are nice, its nicer when you have all the custom community created campaigns to play as well. While Valve has tried getting some over to the consoles, it's best you own the PC version if you want to experience this game to the fullest when it comes to mods. After all, this is a Valve game and it was made to be very mod-able for PC. Valve is a PC company, after all.

All in all, its an amazing game to play with a group of friends if you're bored and just want to have fun. If you're very competitive, you can also play the Versus mode which pits a team of humans against a team of player controlled zombies. Very fun, good game to have a good time in. If you don't own it on PC, steam usually puts it on sale for 5 bucks every few weeks.
  48. Feb 24, 2014
    This game is awesome. So Very Cleverly Designed off the HL2 engine. It has one hell of a Co Op with some very talented artificial intelligence, where if you don't like online, or just want to play with one friend. You can kick some Major Butt. If you go online expect some noobishness. But if you find a good crew, work together, talk on the Mic, you can get through these challenges.This game is awesome. So Very Cleverly Designed off the HL2 engine. It has one hell of a Co Op with some very talented artificial intelligence, where if you don't like online, or just want to play with one friend. You can kick some Major Butt. If you go online expect some noobishness. But if you find a good crew, work together, talk on the Mic, you can get through these challenges. Some are outright insane with the Amount of Zombies to Kill. So much fun. Now lets go kill some zombies. remember rule number 1. Cardio. and of course. always, double tap. Expand
  49. Sep 28, 2014
    It's an amazing game, i don't know why people are hating this game.
    It's the best co-op zombie game to play with your friends.
    It's easily the money worth
  50. Apr 16, 2014
    An amazing game, I could play it all day (but I don't have the time, lol). This game kicks ass and it has humor in it too! I recommend getting it on Steam for full experience!
  51. Jun 7, 2014
    The intense game-play, the weapons... The teamwork all just fits together in harmony when playing L4D2... I really wish a few things would change however these things are not even worth saying... Seriously good game and a worth sequel to L4D1.!
  52. Aug 5, 2016
    The game has a spectacular game play and even new weapons, I say that I'd love the l4d, but there are tons of workshop mods and new maps to enjoy, u can play with friends to enjoy this game
  53. Sep 30, 2016
    It's a pretty nice game to be honest, but truthfully, it could do better on the story and let me know where the heck I'm supposed to go better, but other than that, it a great zombie game to play.
  54. Mar 13, 2011
    This game is fantastic. One of my top five of all time... co-op is fun and engaging if you get a good team together, and the mod community is top notch.
  55. Dec 27, 2010
    Simply one of the best and most original games I have played in years and years. Hands down. And I'm a tough reviewer. If you have any doubt, try it. You won't regret it.

Redefines co-op gameplay and has enough play options to keep you entertained for months.
  56. Jan 30, 2011
    I always have a good time on this game with my buddies, both in this and in Left 4 Dead. With custom content you'll never get bored. You can also make your own maps and skins for it if you take the time to learn. Great game, but make sure you have some friends to enjoy it with, and some free time to get good at the game!
  57. Feb 16, 2011
    This is one of those games that can eat 800+ hours of your life away and keep you coming back for more. For that one fact alone I give it a 10. My money was well spent. There are many modes to keep it fresh and enjoyable. Cooperation within a team is a must. The replay factor and fun factor are simply through the roof. L4D and L4D2 are both worth the investment.
  58. Mar 17, 2011
    An absolutely amazing game I enjoyed playing for many hours already and the constant Mutation changes and custom maps always add a new replay value to it. If you don't have it you should definitely get it, the 4 player Co-Op campaign is simply amazing (although there are a lot of e.g. 16 players co-op servers for extra fun) and survival too. I believe I will play it a lot soon cause of theAn absolutely amazing game I enjoyed playing for many hours already and the constant Mutation changes and custom maps always add a new replay value to it. If you don't have it you should definitely get it, the 4 player Co-Op campaign is simply amazing (although there are a lot of e.g. 16 players co-op servers for extra fun) and survival too. I believe I will play it a lot soon cause of the upcoming Cold Stream DLC including a new awesome map and the rest of the L4D1 campaign. Expand
  59. Nov 12, 2011
    great 7.1 surround sound support, Great stereoscopic 3D support, great multilayer experience. It isn't anything different than the first but it is still just as fun. need I say more?
  60. Dec 11, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 is an enjoyable game to play. Like most games these days the game shines more in the multiplayer aspect and the numerous mods and addons that one can acquire through various means. These addons and multiplayer flavors are where the fun is. The single player is tolerable and is fun to play when bored but the AI really is sub par (the other survivors have god-like accuracy butLeft 4 Dead 2 is an enjoyable game to play. Like most games these days the game shines more in the multiplayer aspect and the numerous mods and addons that one can acquire through various means. These addons and multiplayer flavors are where the fun is. The single player is tolerable and is fun to play when bored but the AI really is sub par (the other survivors have god-like accuracy but are dumb as a rock in relation to self preservation, i feel as if i am babysitting them in most situations). But if you are playing L4D:2 you need to be playing it with other people as the additional survivors or as the special infected. In summation the game as a whole is worth playing and is highly replayable, but if you are more of a loner and play singleplayer exclusively then you may want to overlook this title and perhaps pick up another zombie shooter that caters to the storyline and solo play. Expand
  61. Jan 8, 2012
    Left 4 dead 2 is a pretty epic game....... Its awesome game for xbox pc and mac i really love that game..............................................
  62. Apr 19, 2013
    As I hit 500 hours played in Left 4 Dead 2 I figure it's a good time to share my opinion with anyone who is considering picking this game up during one of the Steam sales. Just try it!

Even if all you do is run through the campaigns with bots or random online players I'm sure you'll get your money's worth. The real excitement comes in the team competitive modes such as Versus, Scavenge or when you have the experience, Realism Versus.

Sometimes it's a little tough to get a balanced match going with teammates that have a clue but it is always worth it in the end. Love the environments like Dead Center, Dark Carnival (zombies on a rollercoaster track? yes please) and No Mercy. I can only describe playing as the special infected as engrossing and totally addictive--I've literally fallen out of my chair when I play as the Charger and miss the survivors with my charge, slamming my big dumb hillbilly zombie into a concrete wall.
  63. Oct 29, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is probably the best co-op experience you can find. It throws you into the zombie apocalypse, where you have to work with others to survive. Gameplay wise, it is challenging as the many special infected ambush you from all sides, and the annoying common infected just keep coming. Weapons and ammo stacks are scattered for you to find. Gameplay might be slightly repetitive butLeft 4 Dead 2 is probably the best co-op experience you can find. It throws you into the zombie apocalypse, where you have to work with others to survive. Gameplay wise, it is challenging as the many special infected ambush you from all sides, and the annoying common infected just keep coming. Weapons and ammo stacks are scattered for you to find. Gameplay might be slightly repetitive but it doesn't harm that much overall when you play with friends.

Looking at story, you would think that zombie games don't need story to be great. In this case, it is somewhat true. The story is tiny, saying that New Orleans is a safe zone, and the survivors head there. At the same time, you learn more about the people you are playing as and with. The game is also not short on humour with some weird stories of Ellis' friend Keith to the alerts and jokes made by the survivors.

There are many things that are improved upon from Left 4 Dead, improving the AI, adding fresh new zombies to battle and using several techniques to control your weapon choice, and of course melee weapons are added. After that, Valve does an excellent move by taking all the campaigns and characters from the original, add the new mechanics and improvements and put it into one game as a free DLC. A smart and clever move by Valve.

Not forgetting replayability, where the game gets a bit boring after completing all campaigns. However, hopping into the game with friends is always fun and fresh, and you can choose to cooperate or leave each other for dead.

But all this cannot be as great without the giant modding community. The modding community adds many things including humour through character skins, new campaigns to keep you in the game, and small modifications to minor things. With the SDK, many types of weird mods can be created, including mods to change the special infected appearance, alter the music, weapon skins, right down to animations. All this keeps the game fresh and easy to get back to. And it is made easier with the Steam Workshop.

Often updated with new features like mutations, Valve allows you to return to the game with ease. All this plus intense zombie action gives you the grand co-op experience. Play with a friend or alone, it doesn't matter as both will prove fun and satisfying. Grab Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam or try it out during a free weekend.
  64. Jul 11, 2016
    It's a good game.
    Even if you say that "hurr durr it's like a DLC", guess what, it's still a good game.
    Because it costs 5$.
    5$ for new weapons, defibrillator, adrenaline and new maps.

Five. Dollars.
  65. Aug 15, 2014
    Many people won't like this game because its the same. I say to that, why fix what's not broken. This game took what we all loved in Left 4 Dead 1 and improved it with more weapons, more enemies, more love able characters, and better co-op. Without a doubt, this is one of the best co-op zombie games I've seen.
  66. Dec 31, 2014
    Playing this with friends is amazingly fun especially with 4 player co op. Having other game modes to import more entertainment is fine with such as the survivor gameplay.
  67. Dec 16, 2014
    The Game is really cool and I play it a lot, but it could have been better, because it's to similar to Left 4 Dead and I know its a Sequel but they could have added more stuff
  68. Oct 24, 2015
    This game is really fun, really enjoyable and something I could play often. Just... the story isn't that much changed as for the first one. Just new characters. I happy we meet the old characters of course!

I like it, like the small story change, like the different things added and... yeah. Great game when you come to it.
  69. Jul 5, 2016
    left 4 dead 2 es un fps en el cual heres un sobreviente del apocalipsis zombi y deves sobrevivir con tus 3 compañeros, es un juego sentrado solo en el multijugador ,pero si quieres jugar solo esta bien ya que es igual de entretenido.PERO por defecto el juego no tiene campaña ya que solo se trata de ir al punto A al B.el jueo pude volverce repetitivo ya que tiene pocos hecenarios en elleft 4 dead 2 es un fps en el cual heres un sobreviente del apocalipsis zombi y deves sobrevivir con tus 3 compañeros, es un juego sentrado solo en el multijugador ,pero si quieres jugar solo esta bien ya que es igual de entretenido.PERO por defecto el juego no tiene campaña ya que solo se trata de ir al punto A al B.el jueo pude volverce repetitivo ya que tiene pocos hecenarios en el juego aunque esto se remedia ya que puedes descargar mapas que creo la comunidad y la compania.Graficamente se ve bien y les haceguro que les va a dar horas de entretenimiento Expand
  70. May 21, 2011
    This is one of the best game ever. Plenty of fun with friends and a very enjoyable versus mode. The coop system is the best ever seen in the games history. The animations are incredibly fluid, some of the best I've seen so far in a game. The dialogues are great, the characters say a lot of different things and are never annoying or ripetitive. Definitely a masterpiece!
  71. Apr 22, 2013
    The reason for rewarding Left 4 dead 2 a pure 10, is simple. There is no competitor out there to what this game delivers and what it delivers is great. Even 4 years after it came out, it is still the absolute most fun co-op game out there, with up to 4 people. Even greater is the versus mode, where 2 teams of 4 take turn playing the special effected. It's easy to get into, so great forThe reason for rewarding Left 4 dead 2 a pure 10, is simple. There is no competitor out there to what this game delivers and what it delivers is great. Even 4 years after it came out, it is still the absolute most fun co-op game out there, with up to 4 people. Even greater is the versus mode, where 2 teams of 4 take turn playing the special effected. It's easy to get into, so great for newcomers and hard to master. Expand
  72. Jul 28, 2012
    Absolute wonderful multiplayer and coop experience. If you dont know whats that game is about, google it or try it out, you wont be disappointed.
    The only thing that makes that game as enjoyable as eating a bile of **** is, that the average player you have to play with or against, is a retarded 12 year old, or a 40 year old virgin nerd, who is playing like he invented the aimbot.
    All

All in all, if you play that game with good ppl or ppl that you can call your friends, you will enjoy it nearly like no other coop game.
  73. Jan 7, 2013
    This is a great game,all the melee weapons are very functional and fun to use,new better maps,only bad thing about this game are newbies that can sometimes completely ruin the game for you.
  74. Mar 9, 2013
    This game is great, simple with very few elements of tactics but crucial to winning if your not familiar with the game. Graphics are good enough, but not awe inspiring. Servers are pretty good, support sucks but hey, very few people have GOOD support. The community is the one thing that really lets down L4D2, on vs people will kick you out of the server rather than help teach youThis game is great, simple with very few elements of tactics but crucial to winning if your not familiar with the game. Graphics are good enough, but not awe inspiring. Servers are pretty good, support sucks but hey, very few people have GOOD support. The community is the one thing that really lets down L4D2, on vs people will kick you out of the server rather than help teach you anything. Co-op has a much better attitude to it. The skill level is awesome, you can find an easy survivable campaign if your new, If you have some trusted friends that know what there doing, you can start going for the really hard settings and get your ass whupped. Expand
  75. Apr 30, 2013
    This is one of the best zombie games i have ever played, the engine is amazing, the gameplay is engaging and the overall variety of this game gives it an amazing replay value. This replay value has been boosted by valve releasing addon content through steam. The game is well worth the money now.
  76. Jul 14, 2013
    Where to begin...
    Left 4 Dead 2 Is a Co-op zombie shooter like no other.
    It involves elements such as: forcing the player to make a hard choice using the last medical kit on yourself or a teammate, both of you are badly wounded, going back for a player that was downed right when the escape vehicle arrives.). An A.I Director that places the zombies, health items and weapons, Based on
    Where to begin...
    Left 4 Dead 2 Is a Co-op zombie shooter like no other.

An A.I Director that places the zombies, health items and weapons, Based on how the survivors are doing. Last stage felt like cake-walk?
    The A.I Director makes sure items are harder to find and increases the amount of zombies spawned.

Unique zombies called "special infected" are also waiting for you in the shadows.
    Ranging from the long-tongued "Smoker", to the large-armed "Charger", to the hulking mas of muscle known as the "Tank".

The weapons have 2 to 3 tiers of effectiveness, (damage, mix of the two, accuracy) and in the vast weaponry of Left 4 Dead 2.
    You'll be able to find assault rifles, pump and full auto shotguns, sniper rifles, SMGs and even grenade launchers and M60 machine guns! There's also grenade-like weapons such as the molotov.

There's lots more to talk about, like the ability to modifiy your game so that you're holding sliver M1911's instead of a glock and USP45 or playing on an entirely user-made map. But there are some things to find for yourself..

Overall, this game gets a 8 out of 10.
    The game is innovative and full of modifications, but as you play into your 100th hour.
    You can memorize events, event triggers and Tank spawning positions. As well as the shortest route on a stage and where all the weapon and item spawning points are, so that destroys the scavenging aspect. So online Co-op with random players and the random horde events are the only thing you can count on being unexpected.
    These are only my thoughts, try it out for yourself at a friends house or when a steam free weekend event occurs.
  77. Jul 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Welcome to your South eastern part of America filled with zombies, Left 4 Dead 2 is filled with many experiences, starting in the region of Savannah, Georgia to the end of New Orleans, Louisiana. The characters itself is amazing, four character with terrific characteristics, Ellis, a redneck that has a very big crush on Zoey a character from the first game, Coach, a wise man, known for his cheeseburgers, Rochelle, a normal girl that is apart of News 10, and works as a producer, and Nick, your average guy that mocks every word you say, and as well for the Left 4 Dead characters there is Zoey, a teenage girl, working in college, she watchs MANY horror/zombie movies, meaning she is all ready for the zombie apocalypse, Bill, a elder of the whole group, like Coach, he is always watching for whats going to happen, Louis, a pill addict, or in a serious way, a business manager, very optimistic and positive, and Francis, a though man, but with a negative attitude with the whole team. The other thing is the game's plot, amazing traveling in the North east, and as I said before, the South east, I'd say, use your $20 on this game, I SWEAR, you will not regret it. Expand
  78. Apr 15, 2014
    This game on PC is where you can get the most for your money, steam workshop and mod support increase the games experience by miles. The game is very fun and yet encourages good team work overall. the enemas are well spread out through out the game, rather than 7 tanks coming at you at once.
  79. May 1, 2014
    Being new to the Left 4 Dead games - and PC gaming in general - I was unsure what to expect. However, after raking in nearly 20 hours of playtime in a single weekend it is easy to say that L4D2 is ridiculously good fun. The campaign contains multiple missions which can be played cooperatively or alone (if you're brave enough!) Out of all of the thrilling moments that the game has to offer;Being new to the Left 4 Dead games - and PC gaming in general - I was unsure what to expect. However, after raking in nearly 20 hours of playtime in a single weekend it is easy to say that L4D2 is ridiculously good fun. The campaign contains multiple missions which can be played cooperatively or alone (if you're brave enough!) Out of all of the thrilling moments that the game has to offer; running along the roller coaster in 'Dark Carnival' quickly became the highlight for me.

If the campaign feels repetitive, there are many other exciting game modes available that allow you to play alongside other players online or as a competitive special infected zombie. The witch is an iconic zombie within the game that can quickly lead a group to panic as suspenseful music thickens the atmosphere. Although the game was released nearly five years ago, their is still an active community which will keep you entertained for hours. Definitely worth a play!
  80. Oct 9, 2013
    Amazing game, great community and many modifications that can completely change your game style from a new skin to a completely new campaign. This game is great to play with a friend because well your teaming up to kill zombies! Cooperation is a huge thing in this game you run off to far ahead you die you don't talk to your teammates about strategies you die, you don't share supplies withAmazing game, great community and many modifications that can completely change your game style from a new skin to a completely new campaign. This game is great to play with a friend because well your teaming up to kill zombies! Cooperation is a huge thing in this game you run off to far ahead you die you don't talk to your teammates about strategies you die, you don't share supplies with your teammates they die which means you have a better chance of being killed in the long run every second counts in the game and I think its a perfect combination of a horror/survival game to a cooperation game Expand
  81. May 28, 2014
    Left4Dead2 Created in best traditions of Cooperative games,play only and only with friend!My Metascore 10/10.On steam i played 1,200 hours.The best FPS game with zombies!
  82. Dec 27, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2, this game is just awesome, you can even make a model and put it into game and play it with that add-on, just awesome. I really enjoy play this game with my friends..
  83. Oct 24, 2015
    I hate zombies, really hate zombies, but for this game, I had to miss because it is one of the most successful co-op games ever been .Only problem of the game is that you need to have at least two friends who also have a game ,otherwise it's not that.
    Especially if your friend lying on the ground and screaming, "What the **** are you doing ?!"
  84. Nov 22, 2015
    Left 4 Dead is another great game that developed by Valve company. The extraordinary graphic of this game is just stunning. Valve added some new special zombies into the game. You can find a lot of mod in the workshop and they are all free to download. You will have more fun when playing this game with your friends.
  85. jonaspal
    Jan 9, 2010
    this game is AWESOME i mean like all the gore, teamwork, skill and, this is a new game. sure i agree that the original is very similar but still it isnt the same. people who say that this game is bad because of valve took more money for this one should stop and think for a sec, i mean is the game bad or the developer? And people who say this doesnt have a story, i mean do you want a good this game is AWESOME i mean like all the gore, teamwork, skill and, this is a new game. sure i agree that the original is very similar but still it isnt the same. people who say that this game is bad because of valve took more money for this one should stop and think for a sec, i mean is the game bad or the developer? And people who say this doesnt have a story, i mean do you want a good story or do you want ot get out there and kill zombies without seeing like kleiner ''starting zombie information NOW'' or ''omg my knee it hurts help me'' i mean &%/%¤¤... wait a sec im just getting so frustrated over this. Some guy here has said that this game is just mods slapped together from counter strike, WHAT?! MODS!?!??! this makes no sence so if i was to make a mod to a game where you have weapons to some game you would say that alll games have taken mods from other games? Expand
  86. jackp
    Jan 5, 2010
    This game is better then the first one in every way. However the friendly A.I are pretty much useless most of the time but that said it doesn't affect game play all that much. Also I don't get why people say valve are milking for more money when it couldnt have been an expansion. The sheer amount of content in this game would have meant that the separate expansions needed to add This game is better then the first one in every way. However the friendly A.I are pretty much useless most of the time but that said it doesn't affect game play all that much. Also I don't get why people say valve are milking for more money when it couldnt have been an expansion. The sheer amount of content in this game would have meant that the separate expansions needed to add it to the new game would cost pretty much the same if not even more then this game does. The only reason it got a 9 and not a 10 is because of the friendly A.I... Expand
  87. TimothyK
    Jan 6, 2010
    Just adding my 2 cents as well... Look I have almost a nickel. Anyhow I feel like I should comment more on the complainers about Valve trying to make money than the actual game. People are actually mad that a company is trying to make money? Do we all want to live in Soviet Russia or what? Guess what a lot of companies do that, they don't stop making cars in 2008 just because they Just adding my 2 cents as well... Look I have almost a nickel. Anyhow I feel like I should comment more on the complainers about Valve trying to make money than the actual game. People are actually mad that a company is trying to make money? Do we all want to live in Soviet Russia or what? Guess what a lot of companies do that, they don't stop making cars in 2008 just because they made a lot of money in one year. The 2009, 2010 etc. models will come out and people will be happy because its always exciting to get a new product. I'm not going to go into all the good about this game because its all been said before but I will make a couple of comments on needs improvement. I wish Valve would be more creative on the type of games involved. I enjoy scavenge mode but really think there could be more modes. LIke an escort mission (something like TF2's payload). Also I hate the infected rotation, its overally predicitable. You can never have the joy of having mulitple hunters in l4d2 but instead you get a crappy jockey who is more annoying than dangerous. Oh well overall great game and I do hope they make a third one you communists nerds who hate captilism! Expand
  88. GuntherB
    Feb 10, 2010
    Its still a little buggy on most computers and there are issues with non-gaming laptops, even with sufficient specs. But overall, its a very great game to come from a formerly great game.
  89. lolseriosuly?
    Feb 7, 2010
    Left 4 Dead 2 is a big improvement over the first, mostly because of the better levels and more powerful, more diverse zombies. There are five levels, all of them are pretty good, although 3 of the 5 are really the best in my opinion, Hard Rain and Swamp Fever are a little mediocre. The new zombies, especially the Charger and the Spitter, make it much easier to break up tight groups of Left 4 Dead 2 is a big improvement over the first, mostly because of the better levels and more powerful, more diverse zombies. There are five levels, all of them are pretty good, although 3 of the 5 are really the best in my opinion, Hard Rain and Swamp Fever are a little mediocre. The new zombies, especially the Charger and the Spitter, make it much easier to break up tight groups of survivors and make more difficult for survivors to bunker up in a corner to fight a wave of zombies. Melee weapons are a great addition, and Valve seems to have learned from the mistakes of the first game by making multiplayer more balanced and devoid of any annoying exploits. This game makes it seem like Valve was taken a bit by surprise at the competitive, and large, interest in multiplayer in the first game and has planned for it in this game. Valve Official Servers and other sometime Mod servers have all been fun for me. I have actually played on some really fun custom mod servers (more powerful special infected, new gun skins, special infected ghosts can fly or choose type of special infected). All in all I love this game. Expand
  90. JG
    Feb 9, 2010
    Controls get some taking used to, but memorable characters (especially Ellis) and plenty of fun against hordes of Infected make this game great. After 5 minutes of the Demo I was begging for more. Give me a Katana and an Assault Rifle and I will be laughing like a maniac as heads and limbs go rolling.
  91. DavidL
    Dec 6, 2009
    This game is very enjoyable to play and rewarding in many ways. It has a much higher level of game mechanics than most shooters out there.
  92. Eltiarp
    Dec 7, 2009
    The game ot's a lot of fun, the Co-op it's sweet! the action it's unlimited, the fun it's on every corner and the improvemets makes this game the greatest co-op zombie shooter next to Killing floor
  93. BugsBunny
    Jan 10, 2010
    First of all, my english is not best. Second, I spent 240 hours plaing Left 4 Dead 2 and it's still fun. I don't know any other game that can be fun after so long playtime. I think Valve did great job and if you don't like it you don't have to buy it.
  94. simPC
    Jan 4, 2010
    First... all you noobs saying "I cant find my way around" "Map's are terrible, I get lost"... you're just retarded stop eating lead paint chips and pay attention. It's very simple my 12 year old sister has beaten the Campaign numerous times on Advanced and Expert. I personally have not experienced any major bugs... or any minor bugs. Of course there are some map glitches, First... all you noobs saying "I cant find my way around" "Map's are terrible, I get lost"... you're just retarded stop eating lead paint chips and pay attention. It's very simple my 12 year old sister has beaten the Campaign numerous times on Advanced and Expert. I personally have not experienced any major bugs... or any minor bugs. Of course there are some map glitches, Like DC-1 you can jump the second floor of the hotel, and thus cheat the infected from being able to reach you. But... that's minor. And I'm sure in Competitive (cal/cevo) play it's not allowed. And most casual gamers don't use the glitch, if they even know about it. Actually it seems like the Competitive teams are the one who use it, go figure. Anyway... this is obviously not an expansion, and in no way, shape, or form should of been a DLC. This should of definitely been a sequel. Rushed? Maybe... High Quality, Action Packed, Suspenseful, Fun, Co-Op Survival? ABSOLUTELY. Hands down, BEST ZOMBIE GAME TOO DATE. The original was already amazing, but this game definitely expanded the gameplay, and added a nice new story to it. Originally I was put off, thinking this might be a buggy piece of DLC trash with some Lipstick on it, But that is definitely not the case. You people crying need to find a girlfriend... Or get a job so you can earn some money to buy this game and stop being so jealous. And that's another thing... it's not like Valve is out to get your money, they make a quality game, and market it, If you don't want to buy it, DON'T. Simple as that, they aren't holding you up, they're selling a product that they worked hard on. And... all you people talking about Lazy Coding/Programming... I do it for a living, and all work done on this game is of High Quality. Sure sometimes you take shortcuts, but the new weapons and new uncommon common were done beautifully and in no-way did I feel like i was wielding the same weapon with a different skin, or fighting the same zombie with a different outfit. Bottom Line, Great game, WORTH EVERY PENNY Expand
  95. NathanJ.
    Jan 4, 2010
    Ridiculous pile of reviewing trash yet again down voting a game because they feel like it is an "expansion." How much you want to bet that 4/5ths of these 0 voters bought wrath of the liche king at full price as well? Yet no one complains about WoW in this aspect. But when valve releases a new game taking the weapon count from 7 in the original to something like 22 in this one, its called Ridiculous pile of reviewing trash yet again down voting a game because they feel like it is an "expansion." How much you want to bet that 4/5ths of these 0 voters bought wrath of the liche king at full price as well? Yet no one complains about WoW in this aspect. But when valve releases a new game taking the weapon count from 7 in the original to something like 22 in this one, its called an "expansion." Also, for you "tactical" "far superior" KF players. I play both. Comparing the two is like comparing TF2 to Counterstrike. Yes, they are both zombie survival shooters, but trust me in saying that they are different games with different playstyles. You have no business rating another game lower based on the fact that your game of choice has a different playstyle. I would buy KILLING FLOOR 2 if I wanted to play KILLING FLOOR 2! For all those who claim that there is "less story" in L4D2, what are they smoking. There is definitely more personality within the characters, and the campaigns actually coherently form a solid story. Great graphics, fun gameplay, and the fact that I can run it at 50 FPS on a four year old mid-range computer make this a classic for me. Killing Floor players, hope you have fun in your "infinately varied" same map cycle only one game type game. I will be joining you once I get tired of L4D2... oh wait, Bad company 2 will be out by then. Expand
  96. GabrielD
    Jan 5, 2010
    Well, unlike the haters, im gonna put this from another point o view, I DO regret buying L4D1, why?, it's not like L4D2 is some kind of DLC L4D1 should have had, in fact, it feels like I've been ripped when I bought L4D1, because it was, and still is, a simple beta game with so many bugs and lack of content, yet you still had to pay full price for it, lack of servers in the Well, unlike the haters, im gonna put this from another point o view, I DO regret buying L4D1, why?, it's not like L4D2 is some kind of DLC L4D1 should have had, in fact, it feels like I've been ripped when I bought L4D1, because it was, and still is, a simple beta game with so many bugs and lack of content, yet you still had to pay full price for it, lack of servers in the beggining etc etc etc, yet I was a hardcore player of it. Now, L4D2 it's like L4D1 polished to perfection, seriously, awesome game, and gotta love realism mode, it truly makes your games remarkable, and a must have. Expand
  97. christianc
    Jan 6, 2010
    This is a brilliant game. Those who say that the game was obviously rushed and you see the same skins all over again and again, Check L4D1? Its the same way, their complaining about things that they already overlooked in the first game. The game was not obviously rushed, but every new game obviously has hitches and needs updates. overall I beleave this is a worth game getting, if your not This is a brilliant game. Those who say that the game was obviously rushed and you see the same skins all over again and again, Check L4D1? Its the same way, their complaining about things that they already overlooked in the first game. The game was not obviously rushed, but every new game obviously has hitches and needs updates. overall I beleave this is a worth game getting, if your not into zombie apocolipses thats nice. If you don't like the sequel STOP BITCHING ABOUT IT. Alright? Expand
  98. Anti-RageQuit
    Feb 10, 2010
    The only reason these kids are giving it a bad review is cuz this game isnt noob friendly. these are the kids that join the servers run away from the team get pounced by a hunter and die. This is what a true fps is suppose to be like. Its all about teamwork and fast reaction time. If you gave it a 1-7 its because you suck at this game no question about it.
  99. AllanH
    Feb 15, 2010
    Guys. You do not find a better game. Left 4 Dead 2 is the funniest, most challenge(on expert), etc. It's the best game ever.. Run through a campaign making team-work is good. Read the other good ones.. Well, it's just a MUST BUY!
  100. FranciscoJ.
    Feb 23, 2010
    Para mí este juego es una auténtica pasada, grandes características que lo combierten en uno de los mejores lanzamientos del año. Sin duda alguna la forma más divertida de matar zombis sin sufrir malas consecuencias! Muy manejable y facil de jugar además de un gran modo online!

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.