Left 4 Dead 2 PC

8.5

1. Nov 8, 2011
    Just because you added a "2" in the "Left 4 Dead" title and also made some additional zombie characters doesn't make a better game. I'm not saying it's bad, but its just the same thing I played a year ago. I still enjoy it and I'm thankful for Valve making this epic **** but the next L4D's gotta be more innovative.
  2. May 18, 2015
  3. Oct 31, 2011
    Let's get one thing straight. L4D2 is not a mere expansion pack. It's not Left 4 Dead 1.5, but Left 4 Dead 2.0 as the title suggests. There's twice as many guns, melee weapons can be used as secondary, new equipment and grenades, new enemies, more campaigns which last longer, new characters who join originals and new maps as well as new game modes. There's Realism, scavenge and more mapsLet's get one thing straight. L4D2 is not a mere expansion pack. It's not Left 4 Dead 1.5, but Left 4 Dead 2.0 as the title suggests. There's twice as many guns, melee weapons can be used as secondary, new equipment and grenades, new enemies, more campaigns which last longer, new characters who join originals and new maps as well as new game modes. There's Realism, scavenge and more maps for survival. It's a new game alright- a great continuation from Left 4 Dead. So why do I only give it 7/10? Simply put, the game's appeal doesn't last too long. No matter how much you add to it, killing zombies gets boring very quickly. The achievements, as usual with Valve games, are creative but pointless. Zombies in CoD are way more addicting even without achievements. If you liked Left 4 Dead, this is definitely worth gettiing. But despite the AI director in both games, it's just not addicting. I suppose in CoD Zombies it's addicting to beat your best. Here, in survival mode, it just doesn't grip me at all. Maybe it's the gameplay mechanics, maybe it's that in CoD you get 2 types of zombie. Issues still exist with the AI though. They'll try to heal you when you don't need it, for example, in the middle of a horde. Their only use is as a storage for all the pills and healthpacks you didn't pick up. Generally, Valve's shooter doesn't feel like a 2009/10 release due to the Counter-strike gameplay. With their games, it's much more about the concept rather than the intricate details. Overall, the game is a complete package, since you get survival, co-op, single-player, and competitive multiplayer where you play as the zombies as well. It's a good game, but still not one I'd want to play for a long time. Expand
  4. May 15, 2016
    Very good game about Zombie . Left 4 Dead 2 has got very good multiplayer , awesome graphics for 2009 and in this game very many blood and zombies . This game is too severe . In this game can treat friends in multiplayer . This game is very interesting and funny despite the fact that the cruel . 8/10 . Very good zombie game . Very Much better than Dead Island and a little bit worse thanVery good game about Zombie . Left 4 Dead 2 has got very good multiplayer , awesome graphics for 2009 and in this game very many blood and zombies . This game is too severe . In this game can treat friends in multiplayer . This game is very interesting and funny despite the fact that the cruel . 8/10 . Very good zombie game . Very Much better than Dead Island and a little bit worse than Dying Light . Expand
  5. Oct 11, 2010
    This is more of an extended update to the original, if you really loved the first there are very few excuses for you not to get this one. Steam offers this game at a discount multiple times a year, definitely should watch for that if you still don't own it.
  6. Dec 17, 2012
    A direct upgrade from the original with a wider and more varied arsenal (including melee weapons), more multiplayer modes, and more zombie types. After releasing this and the original back to back two years in a row the gameplay is starting to get boring and although the maps are a lot better you're still just shooting, juking and exploding zombies. Versus mode is better with the newA direct upgrade from the original with a wider and more varied arsenal (including melee weapons), more multiplayer modes, and more zombie types. After releasing this and the original back to back two years in a row the gameplay is starting to get boring and although the maps are a lot better you're still just shooting, juking and exploding zombies. Versus mode is better with the new Infected additions but I always found this mode really rage inducing because of the level's pickup randomization. New multiplayer modes are creative and there are mutators but the base gameplay has been done before and I didn't feel compelled to get into them. There's pretty much no reason to buy the original now that this is out especially when you consider they ported the original campaign to the sequel. Once again, the online community is horrible and if you want to play this you will want a group of friends. Expand
  7. Nov 25, 2014
    Game: Left 4 Dead 2
    Genre: First Person Shooter Horror
    Developer: Valve System: PC Total Score: 91/100 Value Score: 91/10 • Story: 8/10 • Characters: 9/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 6/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Storyline and characters are a bit more appealing than the first game +Includes Left 4
    Game: Left 4 Dead 2

• Music: 6/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Storyline and characters are a bit more appealing than the first game
    +Includes Left 4 Dead 1 characters and maps
    +New Special Infected
    +New Weapons
    +Designs of items changed and can be reverted back to original for both L4D1 and L4D2 maps.
    +Multiple modes include Survival, Versus, etc which add more value to the length and replay value
    +Multiple map, character and enemy skin designs available including the official Capcom Resident Evil 6 Enemy skins
    +Both private and public maps available - private maps enable you the option to do cheats and edit the overall game
    +A lot of available mods from a huge community

Cons
    -Does not include the cutscenes from L4D1
    -Does not include some of the glitches/aesthetics often used in the first game (only available in the GOTY edition of L4D1)
  8. AWG
    Jun 17, 2013
    This game is almost perfect. Maps are really well-done and compelling, missions are fair and graphics are well defined. I don't like new characters very much (Nick is the only good one, and I'd pay to watch him fight alongside Zoey, Francis and Bill) but the fact that Left 4 Dead 2 includes all the campaigns and levels from the first game makes it just awesome. I really can't find a flaw.This game is almost perfect. Maps are really well-done and compelling, missions are fair and graphics are well defined. I don't like new characters very much (Nick is the only good one, and I'd pay to watch him fight alongside Zoey, Francis and Bill) but the fact that Left 4 Dead 2 includes all the campaigns and levels from the first game makes it just awesome. I really can't find a flaw. 9 out of 10. Expand
  9. Jun 22, 2016
    2/13/2012: If you don't have this game already, then allow me to smack you upside the head for not buying one of the greatest cooperative games ever made. As I can personally attest, there is no faster way to make friends then to survive a zombie apocalypse together. It's probably a good way to meet chicks, besides. As per their style, Valve delivers a teasing emergent narrative that2/13/2012: If you don't have this game already, then allow me to smack you upside the head for not buying one of the greatest cooperative games ever made. As I can personally attest, there is no faster way to make friends then to survive a zombie apocalypse together. It's probably a good way to meet chicks, besides. As per their style, Valve delivers a teasing emergent narrative that encourages the players to tell their own story, while putting the tools in their hands to seriously ♥♥♥♥ up whatever is standing between them and their goal. When I first played L4D2, coming off of the first game, I was immediately kicked in the ♥♥♥ for thinking it was going to be the same game. The new special infected, more aggressive common infected, gauntlet crescendo events and other elements meant that this game was a whole hell of a lot harder. And in the end, it ending up being better, too. Now we've got new (and old) campaigns, new gametypes, and new stories to tell every time you play. Expand
  10. Jul 26, 2013
    Good thing I didn't buy this game and tried on a friend's machine first. The game is just pointless. You walk in some corridors, zombies spawn everywhere, you put them down. I kept hitting my own teammates. Some zombies are so fast you can't avoid them. In some places so many zombies spawn that no matter how fast or accurate you shoot, you can't shoot them all. At some place I just didn'tGood thing I didn't buy this game and tried on a friend's machine first. The game is just pointless. You walk in some corridors, zombies spawn everywhere, you put them down. I kept hitting my own teammates. Some zombies are so fast you can't avoid them. In some places so many zombies spawn that no matter how fast or accurate you shoot, you can't shoot them all. At some place I just didn't understand where to go next, and frankly i didn't feel the need to continue.
    Value, your Half Life 1 and Counter Strike was great, Half Life 2 was bad, and this one is bad, too. A rail shooter, stupid and pointless.
    If you are thinking of buying this game, please don't judge it by it's video trailer, borrow it from someone first and see if you like it! It's not a coincidence they don't offer a demo.
  11. Jul 31, 2012
    L4D2 makes the first L4D feel like a demo. The PC version boasts 5 new campaigns and all the L4D1 maps plus a brand new map called Cold Stream included for no extra price. The game looks beautiful and it includes a ton more stuff than the first. A must buy for zombie killing fanboys
  12. Mar 8, 2014
    This is great fun to play with the steam workshop and l4dmaps.com mods and would be a 10/10, but without mods the game can get quite repetitive. The only good non-modded level is Dark Carnival.
  13. Mar 3, 2012
    For fans of the traditional LAN party, rejoice, for now there is a game built from the ground up for co-op! Just make sure your friends sign a contract to say they'll continue to play this game for the next couple of years or so to get your money's worth! :)
  14. ERB
    Dec 3, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is no doubt a great sequel upon the original Left 4 Dead 1.Left 4 Dead still looks the same as Left 4 Dead 1 but the biggest difference between these 2 is that The game play in Left 4 Dead 2 is better than that of Left 4 Dead 1 and there are new campaigns and maps in here.Especially The Dark Carnival campaign.The Carnival campaign is fun to play and this is my favoriteLeft 4 Dead 2 is no doubt a great sequel upon the original Left 4 Dead 1.Left 4 Dead still looks the same as Left 4 Dead 1 but the biggest difference between these 2 is that The game play in Left 4 Dead 2 is better than that of Left 4 Dead 1 and there are new campaigns and maps in here.Especially The Dark Carnival campaign.The Carnival campaign is fun to play and this is my favorite map.There are even more zombies here added in this game.Like the Jockey.The Jockey is like Left 4 Dead 1's hunter but the difference between the Hunter and The Jockey is that the hunter can jump very high like an assassin who will get you from above and once he catches you he will trap you and keep attacking you until you die unless someone saves you and kills the hunter.The Jockey is a zombie that cannot jump high but he or she is one of the scariest disturbing zombies I have ever seen in games.The Jockey is a zombie that laughs scary and once he or she catches you he will do a horse ride on you and while he is on top of you riding you,you will be like be under his control and he can force you to go where It likes to go and while he is riding you he will be attacking you in the head until you die or get saved by a team mate.

The Spitter is also a new zombie which spits green goo at you and even if your just standing in the goo you will get intense damage and you will die if you stay under the goo for too long.The Charger is also a new zombie which looks a little like the strongest zombie in this game The Tank.Now the charger charges at you and if you got caught by him he will choke you and slam you to the ground until you die.

Those are some of the new zombies in this game.Now lets talk about the characters in this game.In Left 4 Dead 1 there is Bill,Francis,Zoey, And Louis.In Left 4 Dead 2 you will have some new characters here.The new characters are Coach,Nick,Rochelle,and Ellis.Those are the new characters in this game.

Lets talk more about the game.The game play is not the only thing good about this game but the story in this game is good as well.I can't tell the story because maybe you will now about it and you will lose interest in this game.The game is fun and enjoyable especially the multiplayer.You can either be a zombie or a survivor in this multiplayer game.Which is fun!Left 4 Dead 2 is a great sequel and it gets a 10/10 from me.A great score for this game.This game is fun and I recommend you gamers to buy this awesome game and try playing It.I promise you this game is fun and you will enjoy this game.
  15. Jun 2, 2012
    L4D is one of rare games where I really cried for money spend. Even if game is bad I never complain because people did a lot of effort to make a game. L4D is just too bad game. If you want 4 player MP COOP go for Payday: The Heist. Skip L4D is BIG CIRCLE!!!!
  16. Rem
    Dec 3, 2015
    Following up on 2008's multiplayer funfest just a year later, Valve hopes to bring the masses with a compelling and addicting zombie survival shooter in Left 4 Dead 2, and they succeeded oh so well. What may seem like a ding off the point scale is how similar everything in Left 4 Dead 2 feels compared to the first. Almost all the game mechanics have been almost unchanged and the whole gameFollowing up on 2008's multiplayer funfest just a year later, Valve hopes to bring the masses with a compelling and addicting zombie survival shooter in Left 4 Dead 2, and they succeeded oh so well. What may seem like a ding off the point scale is how similar everything in Left 4 Dead 2 feels compared to the first. Almost all the game mechanics have been almost unchanged and the whole game at a glance seems to be a simple reskin. But the real meat and flavor derives from how Valve makes the small changes and gives you so much more to play with. A quadrupled arsenal that includes melee weapons, weapon buffs, special ammo, new special infected, better map designs, a southern twang setting, better setpieces, improved graphics after just a year, a plethora of modes, and improved balancing rocket Left 4 Dead 2 into a multiplayer masterpiece. It's how you refine a game while gaining a new identity after a single year in production. Like the first, the second game's most tantalizing feature is a completely dynamic AI that changes the game experience everytime you play, and relying on your coop partners is the absolutely only way to succeed. If one were to go lone wolf, sign your grave cause the undead are unforgiving. If the first Left 4 Dead never grabbed you with its simple Point A to Point B zombie survival romp with a completely dynamic gameplay and AI, then Left 4 Dead 2 will do little to change your mind. But the sequel has gallons of fun with friends to offer and zombie guts needed to fill it. Expand
  17. Apr 21, 2014
    one of the best cooperative games ever, and it has zombies. Awesome. it uses the same engine as other valve games of course, which has a specific charm that I love even though it is not graphically beautiful. its not a realistic zombie game either, but its not intended to be, its intention is to be a fun destroy all sons of **** kind of game, which succeeds in wonderfully. Valve is knownone of the best cooperative games ever, and it has zombies. Awesome. it uses the same engine as other valve games of course, which has a specific charm that I love even though it is not graphically beautiful. its not a realistic zombie game either, but its not intended to be, its intention is to be a fun destroy all sons of **** kind of game, which succeeds in wonderfully. Valve is known to give great story telling as well, which it doesn't do in this game, but still awesome even though not necessarily a masterpiece Expand
  18. Jan 29, 2012
    The amount of free updates you recieve on the PC is astounding. Valve quality stamp, coupled with the amount of user content available makes this game a total blast. One of the best co-op games around, if not the most replayable ;) . Go buy for 20$ on steam or in stores!
  19. Nov 2, 2015
    Left 4 Dead 2 is definitely a great follow-up for its predecessor; with new infected, new maps, new characters, and others. But just like the first title of its series, the graphics and the atmosphere of the game should've been more darker and creepier, like any post-apocalyptic environments that we can imagine. Besides from that, I find no new notable game play elements either
  20. Nov 6, 2014
    The blood, the gore, the mods, the Fun, Oh my god this game is awesome. I didn't play Left 4 Dead one but when I saw steam had the sequel for £3.74 I jumped out of my seat. I do also own it on the Xbox 360 but none of my friends on that have this game.
  21. Jan 12, 2016
    Quite possibly one of my favourite games of all time. Everything about this game is just excellent. If for some reason you haven't played this game yet, It's well worth the ~£10-£15 price tag.
  22. Sep 5, 2011
    Years on and this is still one of the BEST co-op shooters available... ok the graphics are workmanlike, but Source is gettting way too long in the tooth to ever look top end...accept that sacrifice for everything else being super fast with tonnes of sharpened gameplay and high replay values thanks to it's huge modder community (on PC) supplying hundreds of free campaigns, how can you go wrong?
  23. Mar 25, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 puts you in the shoes of one of four survivors Rochelle, Coach, Ellis, and Nick and makes you kill hordes and hordes and HORDES (maybe even hordes) of the undead! Why is it so fun, you ask? Because everything works. The visuals are as you'd expect them to be from a Valve game, the co-op is immersive, the levels and maps are different of multiple play throughs and theLeft 4 Dead 2 puts you in the shoes of one of four survivors Rochelle, Coach, Ellis, and Nick and makes you kill hordes and hordes and HORDES (maybe even hordes) of the undead! Why is it so fun, you ask? Because everything works. The visuals are as you'd expect them to be from a Valve game, the co-op is immersive, the levels and maps are different of multiple play throughs and the shooting feels so natural you'll actually feel like every bullet counts. Expand
  24. Jun 24, 2015
    A Fantastic game to play with your friends and with strangers! A bit glitchy here and there but overall Valve Corporation have really shown their capability with L4D2
  25. Nov 14, 2012
    Let's be clear- this is a multiplayer game. There is no other reason to play it. I enjoy playing games by myself and as such did not have a very good experience with this game. With that said, I did play multiplayer a few times, but the repetitive gameplay detracted from my experience. There's very little variation in your encounters with zombies. I feel like I would've been better offLet's be clear- this is a multiplayer game. There is no other reason to play it. I enjoy playing games by myself and as such did not have a very good experience with this game. With that said, I did play multiplayer a few times, but the repetitive gameplay detracted from my experience. There's very little variation in your encounters with zombies. I feel like I would've been better off playing Borderlands. Expand
  26. Mar 29, 2013
    When you experienced the first game, some of the atmosphere in the second game doesn't feel as strong. However, this game makes up for that with the new weapons, features, infected and characters. At first, I was very angry at Valve for suddenly working on this game while the first one was still unpolished, but my disposition changed when I finally played this game and experienced theWhen you experienced the first game, some of the atmosphere in the second game doesn't feel as strong. However, this game makes up for that with the new weapons, features, infected and characters. At first, I was very angry at Valve for suddenly working on this game while the first one was still unpolished, but my disposition changed when I finally played this game and experienced the updates along with it. It's good every once in a while, but gets repetitive sometimes even with the game altering "Director" thrown in. Versus Mode can be extremely fun when your team isn't stupid and the hit detection doesn't screw you over, but I find that more or less unbalanced and just stick with the normal co-op. Expand
  27. Nov 28, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 warms you up with a single player campaign and then has long multi-player replay value. The match-finding service could be improved for casual players. Anybody that doesn't play L4D2 enough to use the infected properly will often be kicked if they end up on a team of expert players.
  28. Nov 14, 2014
    Was a great game and if you have friends who play this it's a 8,5. Without friends it seems there's only russians and russian servers (live in the middle of europe), they shoot everybody who isn't russian and speak orcish so theres no actual co-op. As a singleplayer only game that it is nowadays I have to give it a measly 5.
  29. Feb 4, 2011
    It has all the the perks of the original game and more, which includes lack of support from Valve. I still believe that they have done nothing to improve the re-playability factor, which sadly wore off faster on this iteration than the previous installment. Gone is the writing and enjoyable characters from the first game, the first of many frustrations the game has to offer. Now, before IIt has all the the perks of the original game and more, which includes lack of support from Valve. I still believe that they have done nothing to improve the re-playability factor, which sadly wore off faster on this iteration than the previous installment. Gone is the writing and enjoyable characters from the first game, the first of many frustrations the game has to offer. Now, before I go any further, let me say that I did have fun with this for about 3 months after I bought it. But, admittedly, I did and still do feel like I payed for an expansion pack to the original game, not a sequel. The problem lies within Valve's Left 4 Dead team, which have made a sadly forgettable entry into their own game series. Almost ironically, I've gone back to playing the first one finding little things that make it just that much more enjoyable than the second. Such as difficulty that isn't just increasing the amount of damage enemies do to you, the gun models looking leagues ahead of what they look like in L4D2, Versus mode that feels partially balanced, and last of all, good maps. I can't stress how idiotic of a decision it was to make the setting in daylight, not only does it break the atmosphere, it also can make for some confusing map designs, which there are plenty of in this game. I have been let down twice now by a game valve has failed to finish. Expand

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.