8.5

1. Dec 10, 2011
    Even though this game doesn't really add enough amount of stuff to be made a sequel, it's still very good game. The gameplay is great, versus mode is increadibly fun and unlike Xbox 360 version, this version isin't killed by horrible community. I recommend to buy this game, if you are into multiplayer games and you understand what teamwork really means in team based games.
  2. Aug 17, 2010
    Better in some ways, worse in some ways. Mostly worse but still fun. There are lots of new weapons and features. Unfortunately the ambiance is completely destroyed. Instead of dark horror moods you have more of a jackass vs zombies mood. The ridiculous music played during the mobs is killer to the survival mood. The new ai director also seems to be poorly put together. Instead of well paced hordes you get one every 3 freaking seconds. The thing that upset me most was that the movie posters don't have screen names below the characters anymore. On the upside you have more weapons, more support, and realism mode. Overall this could've been made an expansion and should't cost anything over 30$ Expand
  3. Aug 18, 2010
    Incredibly fun multi-player. Unfortunately, playing solo is not very fun. As for being the sequel to Left 4 Dead, it does not feel like valve changed much. It's nice to have more range on the weapons, and adding melee was a fantastic idea. If you've already played the original Left 4 Dead, I give it a 6. If you haven't, 10. Left 4 Dead 2 makes the original Left 4 Dead look like a beta, unfortunately, with this feeling comes the feeling like Left 4 Dead 2 really could have used much more time to add more content. If you have already played Left 4 Dead then don't expect much difference, just a few new weapons for each class (Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Hunting Rifle) and melee weapons (the highlight of this sequel) and two new special infected, the jockey and spitter. If you are looking for a great online multi-player game and have not bought the original, then get this. It is an amazing game if you want multi-player. If you already have the original Left 4 Dead, I'd say buy something else, unless you really really really want an upgraded version of the first game. I, on the other hand, had an excuse to buy the second. I have the original for the 360. I finally got a computer more than capable of playing recent/new games so I got it for the PC, also I'm going to college and I don't want to bring my 360 along/it wouldn't fit.

TL;DR If you have played Left 4 Dead: 6
    If not: 10
    Overall: 9

Felt like less like a sequel and more like a big patch update to the original Left 4 Dead. An amazing game if you haven't. Also, don't expect much story, mostly just tons and tons of multi-player fun.
  4. Oct 6, 2010
    An amazing sequel. While many were worried that the quality of the game since there was such a short time period between this and the original game but I can safely say that Left 4 Dead 2 is amazing! The game is quite unmatched by any other zombie themed game. The addition of mellee weapons and new guns really added to the experience. With "Uncommon Infected" and new Special Infected added, the campaigns could never be more fun. The enw characters are colorful, interesting, and funny yet still insanely realistic. This game is gleaming with Valve's polish and it shows, it really does. Expand
  5. Aug 23, 2010
    Left 4 Dead 2 is a great game that is probably the best FPS that i've played in a long time. I recoend this game to everybody. Its pure Great. This game has new levels, zombies, weapons, and chracters. anybody who likes First person shooters should get this game.
  6. Apr 15, 2011
    I have 236 hours on it. The base maps alone are tons of fun but the modding community adds even more to it. And thanks to the modding community some servers have 8 on 8 versus which is effectively D-day. It's just awesome. This is not just an expansion pack. It's not just DLC this is a full game.
  7. Aug 24, 2010
    All I can say, is that this game is a **** awesome sequel to Left 4 Dead, ticked all my boxes, nothing negative comes to mind. Awesome! The gameplay is awesome in multiplayer, had tones of fun, the new infected are fun to kill and are fun to play as! Very very verry good game :D
  8. Dec 2, 2010
    While this game can get boring, it's a near perfect example of a zombie apocalypse.
  9. Feb 4, 2011
    It has all the the perks of the original game and more, which includes lack of support from Valve. I still believe that they have done nothing to improve the re-playability factor, which sadly wore off faster on this iteration than the previous installment. Gone is the writing and enjoyable characters from the first game, the first of many frustrations the game has to offer. Now, before I go any further, let me say that I did have fun with this for about 3 months after I bought it. But, admittedly, I did and still do feel like I payed for an expansion pack to the original game, not a sequel. The problem lies within Valve's Left 4 Dead team, which have made a sadly forgettable entry into their own game series. Almost ironically, I've gone back to playing the first one finding little things that make it just that much more enjoyable than the second. Such as difficulty that isn't just increasing the amount of damage enemies do to you, the gun models looking leagues ahead of what they look like in L4D2, Versus mode that feels partially balanced, and last of all, good maps. I can't stress how idiotic of a decision it was to make the setting in daylight, not only does it break the atmosphere, it also can make for some confusing map designs, which there are plenty of in this game. I have been let down twice now by a game valve has failed to finish. Expand
  10. Sep 9, 2010
    This is is trully amazing than L4D. There are lotta improvements ,gameplay, and a bit storylines too.... The graphics are nice too....but i think the Valve company is too rushed about this game bcoz this game release after 1 year making a L4D...... The multiplayers is great but lag can cause the people to go annoyed....like the incoming attack. Bugs and glitches are not much since the updates were released. Expand
  11. May 28, 2014
    Ahh remember when valve still made games? Loved this game and series. Probably one of the better multiplayer experiences I've had, when you have a good and functional team on either side it can be such a rush. Really needed intelligent ranking team pairing though.

The modded servers are absolutely stupid 90 percent of the time but I made an effort to get banned from them all.
  12. Sep 25, 2010
    It is the best game in the world! In it there is all - Replaying, fascination, she class, interesting. I say thank big to developers! In Russia game costs 600 roubles - the real price for such game! First a part of game much more interesting - she interesting and characters is more attractive than the second part better...
    All I shall advise to get this game, you will not regret cent, you
    will be keen in this game for a long time and if you have friends - that tell and let they will buy it, they will not regret! Expand
  13. Jan 29, 2011
    If you're into hectic precision-gore-fests, then this game's Realism Expert mode is for you. Other modes are pretty much jokes for the kids, as they provide all sorts of visual aid. The fluency, reflexes, teamwork and some planning is what makes this game shine. The level designs, special infected and overall tone should have been darker, though, but it's still fun to obliterate such amounts of meat. Having said that, they should make the fleshy gore more realistic. Sometimes zombies keep running even if the crucial posture-muscles seem to have been destroyed and they should be falling over. Some more variety in the zombies is necessary. Variety in how they transport, too. Why they never crawl? And other issues, as it badly needs a darker tone. The fluency of movements sometimes doesn't make sense when the zombies don't seem to have any inertia (why?) and they seem to be stopping you by touch (is that even possible?). So these are the main gripes. Expand
  14. Nov 23, 2010
    Don't listen to the haters, this game is better than l4d1. The versus is more balanced and has more special infected, more weapons, more everything, it's just more better.

They're currently importing some of the original maps, and adding more content to this one so unless you like playing with sub 4k players and waiting in lobbies, there isn't any reason to pick up the first over this
    one.

Overall definitely a solid team based fps for those of you who hate fps.
  15. Oct 11, 2010
    This is more of an extended update to the original, if you really loved the first there are very few excuses for you not to get this one. Steam offers this game at a discount multiple times a year, definitely should watch for that if you still don't own it.
  16. Nov 28, 2010
    It doesn't bring all that much over the original, but it's still one of the best games of recent years (though most recent games have been utter trash).
  17. Oct 11, 2010
    Do not underestimate versus fun you can get from this game. Do not try to play single player. Get out there, find a lobby and aid other survivors against endless horde of zombies. Once you get the point, you can't let it go. Absolutely wonderful on many levels.
  18. Oct 16, 2010
    Killing Zombies in a Post Apocalyptic wasteland is a Right of Passage for any gamer...This game delivers...If you are trying to increase your point total for your XBOX 360 GAMERTAG...look elsewhere...
  19. Oct 17, 2010
    People, you can't downgrade a game meant to be coop because the Single Player is lousy. It's also not clear if you should be rating L4D2 relative to L4D, since that rating wouldn't matter to someone who doesn't have either. Rate L4D2 on its own merits, for how it's meant to be played, and if you do that, the game is practically flawless.
  20. Oct 25, 2010
    game Left 4 dead 2 funny oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  21. Nov 7, 2010
    The game can be very entertaining, especially when playing with friends. If you like just spraying zombies down it can keep you entertained for a long time, but for me it simply lacked the competitive touch. Even versus games just seem more like PvE than PvP. If there wasn't any prequel to it, I would have given it a 8. But what really pissed me off is that valve makes us pay for an other game, which hasn't really changed that much. All the new content in L4D2 should have just been released in a content update, now that I own both I would naturally prefer playing L4D2. But if I had known there wouldn't be more to it, I wouldn't have bothered getting it Expand
  22. Oct 28, 2010
    I was a very big fan of L4D, and was excited for L4D2 to come out. It kinda sucks that they released it only a year after the original, but it has enough content to make it worth it. The new stuff keeps things pretty interesting. With the price now hovering around $19.99 (its on a Halloween sale for $9.99) its a great buy!
  23. a12
    Oct 29, 2010
    this game is absoloute......pathetic! theres nothing good about it.its the most depressing game of all time.......now then somebody open the guiness book of records to the most depressing games of all time
  24. Mar 13, 2011
    This game is fantastic. One of my top five of all time... co-op is fun and engaging if you get a good team together, and the mod community is top notch.
  25. Oct 31, 2010
    I was terribly disappointed when I realised that the hype was just a hype. This game qualifies as a mediocre, run-of-the-mill first person shooter, with the exception of the infected.

The missions are quite challenging whilst playing online against well experience players, which unfortunately is the rare exception to the average player of this game. It is not unusual to find yourself
    yelling at your own team, for being generally terrible at the game.

The maps are so few that you grow tired in less than a few hours. This goes for the characters as well. The survivors are all the same, they have no unique niche to them - except for models and voice acting.
    The infected work well together, but that is unfortunately all they do. One becomes terribly bored of them after just a few matches. Not to mention the linearity of them, but at least that makes them very intuitive.

There is nothing upgradeable; no incentive of playing well.

The single player is not worth mentioning since it's basically a multi-player map with bots instead of players.

In conclusion.
    As long as this game cost what it does, roughly 19 euros, I for one would not make the mistake of buying it. If you for some inexplicable reason still is thinking about buying it, get your friends on the train, it is the only way of having any fun in this game.
  26. Nov 7, 2010
    I never played the original L4D and I must confess having now played quite a bit of L4D2 I dont know why ? Left 4 Dead 2 is an excellent game, zombies + loads of weapons + insane ammounts of gore + multiplayer online chaos = LOADS OF FUN !

Buy it, you will not be dissapointed (unless you get the censored version which will dissapoint for obvious reasons).
  27. May 14, 2011
    This is an amazing game. Valve has put a lot of effort into balancing the game and improving its graphics, and it makes for an enjoyable multiplayer experience with friends. However, the game has quite a few fundamental flaws. The versus games often end very early due to a whole team ragequitting. This makes it very difficult to actually play an enjoyable game. The single player mode is unplayable, there is no way to work with a team of bots. The ability to restart a chapter or return to a lobby is often abused by teams when they first lose. A game can be lost because a single player will not cooperate, and either rushes or uses his own strategy.There are many greifers. Though many of these issues are beyond valve's control, they severely detract from the experience of the game. I do not recommend you buy this game unless you have at least one or two friends who will play it with you to avoid these issues with the multiplayer game. Expand
  28. Dec 11, 2010
    Valve may have released the sequel too soon, but their promise is still kept, they continue to support both versions of the game, Left 4 Dead 2 carries the same feeling Left 4 Dead 1 brought but with a twist, new weapons, items, maps, and zombies to come across. some engine enhancements. All I'm going to say is, this is worth it! you will have some good times playing with friends, and the new AI Director 2.0 just seals the deal. Expand
  29. Oct 2, 2011
    New zombies, new weapons, pretty much just dlc for the first game, i found little differnt and i am insulted that the devs would make basicaly the same game a year later? Well they realy want our money realy bad for the greater good of the future or has the first game done poorly for profit? Just like most franchises, their predessors in sequals are far to repetative for their own good.
  30. Nov 26, 2010
    k whoever is being a loser saying l4d and l4d2 is a bad game and stuff, stop this game is awesome.and jay u know both l4d's deserve atleast a five for you but with the good graphics and sound effects im giving this game a 10.
  31. Dec 4, 2010
    With new campaign, new levels, and new weapons, Left 4 Dead 2 is as good as its previous version. Although I did not like the new backgrounds and graphics. They were just horrible. But the game still gives me the creeps.
  32. Nov 29, 2010
    "Attaching laser sights to your weapon makes it more accurate." Yeah right. It actually does, and also attaching laser sights to your weapon certainly makes it look cool. XD Teamwork is also needed for this game so all the haters technically have NO sense of teamwork and therefore they think the game sucks, have you heard the F**K You spoof on youtube by DeStorm? It is for you losers/haters =) My critic would be that game is VERY EPIC, a lot of people in Steam and Garena thought so too =) And those haters who writes long critics are, in my opinion, the biggest losers and rage quitters. Since they have so much time to write these things. And also, those who says melee weapon sucks? I completed a expert campaign using only melee and NO CHEATS =) Peace to all =D Expand
  33. Nov 30, 2010
    People say that this is a poor attempt at sequel but I have to disagree. Its done very nicely and the online mode runs very smoothly. The AI is very intelligent and honestly smarter than most players online. The difficulty levels are true to there name and are actually hard.
  34. Dec 5, 2010
    The only thing different about this game from the first version is, this one is harder. You get a lot more zombies thrown at you. If I want to change the difficulty level, I can do that myself. No need to throw a gazillion more enemies at me at my normal playing level. To get a good rating in my book, you need to make the sequel more creative, not just crank up the difficulty. Certain parts are enjoyable, but many are just plain dumb. I'm giving it a 5 - not a complete waste of money, but there are reasons this one went from full price to discount very quickly. Expand
  35. Ed1
    Dec 12, 2010
    Its clear that the developers really paid attention to this game. The game play is perfect and the graphics are very good. The additions of weapon types, extra special infected and melee weapons makes this a fine sequel to part 1.
  36. Apr 27, 2013
    Left 4 Dead 2 is as good as a sequel can get. It advances every aspect of its prequel. The combat is smoother, the AI is better and each new campaign finale delivers incredibly chaotic and fun gameplay. Left 4 Dead 2 introduces new special infected, such as the “Spitter”, which offers new challenging gameplay moments. The regular infected zombies have better animations and the special infected from the prequel are modified with different appearances and behaviors. There's many new cool weapons introduced in Left 4 Dead 2, including grenade launchers and melee weapons. If you liked the first one, then this is a no-brainer. Expand
  37. Dec 19, 2010
    Milujete zombie? Radi je strilite a sekate na kousky? Chcete to delat spolecne s Vasimi prateli? Potom je to jasna koupe. Pokud nemate moznost sitového hrani je zde i singleplayer, ktery Vam ale nenabidne takove zazitky, protoze vasi partaci jsou rizení umelou inteligenci, ktera je sice na dobre urovni, ale zivy hrac je zivy hrac.
  38. Dec 19, 2010
    This is one the the most amazing game i have ever played
    Nothing negative comes to mind.
    This gameplay is f****** awesome in solo and multiplayer

I LOVE THAT GAME
  39. Dec 26, 2010
    An overall very good game and great co-op experience with beautiful graphics. I only gave it a 9 because the characters are not as original as in L4D1, the maps designs are not as charming (although they're better in gameplay and many other ways) and the atmosphere is more like a mass-killing zombie game than a survival one. I was also deceived as in the first one that they didn't design the menu like a movie. Expand
  40. Dec 27, 2010
    Simply one of the best and most original games I have played in years and years. Hands down. And I'm a tough reviewer. If you have any doubt, try it. You won't regret it.

Redefines co-op gameplay and has enough play options to keep you entertained for months.
  41. Dec 30, 2010
    Great game and I think this game is better then the first one, I love new infected as well as new weapons and new survivors! I would suggest this to anyone looking to have a fun and easy time playing a game!
  42. Jan 15, 2011
    ( This is a really 'cheap' game ) A boring & mindless shoot-em-up. The screenshots and trailers are very deceiving compared to the actual gameplay... I was very disappointed! Overall, Left 4 Dead 2 STINKS! It really lacks the "intellect" that a game should have, and I think it can actually cause people to become "brain-dead". The gameplay gets very old (without interesting objectives), mostly killing a bunch of sick people over and over and over and over!.. seriously, how fun can that remain??? NO real purpose to this game other than constantly whacking and shooting thousands of half-dead sick people ALL THE TIME!!! The talking and taunts can get repetitive and annoying... The only few things that are good are some of the graphics, effects, environments and frame rate. The overall speed of gameplay is a little bit too fast IMO ( sick dieing people usually can not move that fast!! I mean come on Valve, make it a little more REALISTIC! ). -CONCLUSION: Games like Left 4 Dead 2 should simply be Left Alone 2 Die! It's just another one of those pointless, brainless, waste-of-time shoot-em-ups. I can NOT believe this game received such high reviews... it just proves how many whacked-out-players are really out there playing mindless games like this. If you must try this game, play a friend's before you waste your precious money. !CAUTION: If you require "Real-world Objectives" and if you want to keep your brain cells alive then STAY AWAY from games like Left 4 Dead 2!! Expand
  43. Jan 10, 2011
    l4d2 brings melee weapons and other guns to an instant classic. This has to be the best zombie game ever made for PC to date. The zombies move fast, run around corners, and climb over and under things to get to you. You play one of four survivors who are immune to the infection. With L4D2 more attention is given to the storyline, which is cool, but I really would like to see a good zombie game with a nice single-player mode that tells a good story. Single player mode is almost non-existent in this game. L4D2 is meant to be played online. You can play with 3 bots, sure, but the fun really isn't there until you go online. Starting off, you should play a campaign on normal with 3 other human players in coop mode to get the idea of the game and how it is played (Normal because easy is just way too easy). After playing through all campaigns, you might think that the game isn't worth replaying, but you would be very wrong. First up is versus mode. where you and 3 other friends play against 4 others friend...er, enemies and compete for the best score. Versus mode is probably the best part of this game and the most played game-mode. And if you get bored of versus, load up a campaign in advanced mode and then expert and you'll have a real challenge on your hands (play it online not in single player). Valve also added a realism mode that is even harder, so the game can be replayed quite a bit. In fact, it is one of the most played games I have. Where it also shines are the crescendo events, in which you'll find yourself running through an area with wave after wave of zombie hoards coming at you while you attempt to reach a switch or get to safety. Probably the funnest finale is the bridge crossing at the end of the last campaign where you must run to a helicopter while zombies are trying to take you down. Valve has been putting out DLC that is FREE for this game, and they keep updating the game almost weekly with 'mutations' (mods), updates, and tweaks, and there are plenty of custom maps to download and try out, and Valve has been featuring some of the best ones in their blog. Even though the game uses an older graphics engine (Source 2), it is still a fun game to play and definitely worth having in your collection. However, if you are not a social person and just like to play single-player, story driven games then this game is not for you. It is only worth playing on a PC connected to the internet, as the single-player mode is a waste and I'm not even sure why they bothered making one. I really wish that Valve would make another version of this, but this time give us a single-player mode that tells a story and is worth being in the game. But as much as I play this game, you'd think I'd give it a 10, but I can't because of these reasons: 1. It uses a dated graphics engine. 2. This is just l4d1 the way they wanted it to be but didn't have the budget for it. 3. No in-game download and install of custom maps/content. Consequently, there isn't a lot of people playing custom maps. 4. Single player mode sucks. It may as well not even be there. Yeah, we get it that multilayer games are all the craze, but many of us out here still like a good story-driven single-player mode. The lack of such a mode gives me the impression that Valve was just in it for the money, and didn't really expect the game to make as much as it did. It is still in the top sellers list on Steam. Expand
  44. Mar 26, 2012
    Very addicting game, maybe the best co-op game i've ever played. It comes with the campaigns of the original Left 4 Dead so you don't have to buy the first game plus it comes with a bunch of new ones. Definitely recommend this to anyone.
    Ps: Playing as the Spitter in versus and scavenge is the best :)
  45. Jan 30, 2011
    I always have a good time on this game with my buddies, both in this and in Left 4 Dead. With custom content you'll never get bored. You can also make your own maps and skins for it if you take the time to learn. Great game, but make sure you have some friends to enjoy it with, and some free time to get good at the game!
  46. Feb 8, 2011
    When you can make a game from a idea thats been beaten to death and do it succesfully you know your good.
    This game is a blast to play and the steam achievments add that much more to it.
    The graphics are top notch so i dunno wth JayF is talking about.
    I'm running an old GTX295 and it looks awesome cranked up so maybe his card needs replaced not this game.
    Now on top of all the goodness
    add the add on campaigns free from lfd2maps.com and you get more for your dollar than you can shake a dismembered limb at. Expand
  47. Feb 16, 2011
    This is one of those games that can eat 800+ hours of your life away and keep you coming back for more. For that one fact alone I give it a 10. My money was well spent. There are many modes to keep it fresh and enjoyable. Cooperation within a team is a must. The replay factor and fun factor are simply through the roof. L4D and L4D2 are both worth the investment.
  48. Feb 27, 2011
    I have been a die-hard fan of the L4D series. Once the Sacrifice and No Mercy came out, I was psyched. Now I have L4D2 on both Xbox 360 and Steam/PC, and with both versions, I can play this game anytime I want. I have to say, VALVe and PowerSource, as well as Steam, made one of the best games on the district.
  49. Mar 8, 2011
    Decent game, although they didn't change that much from the original L4D i still enjoyed it. The promised revamped AI director wasn't as amazing. The voice acting(especially rochelle) hasn't been as good. The new alarm events, new infected, and new gamemode (including mutation) are pretty creative and fun though. Although campaign can get too easy and boring over time, i feel the strength of this game lies in its multiplayer. It is immensely fun to play with friends, whether you are dominating in pubs or are playing against challenging opponents. There are learning curves and strategies to play both the infected and survivor, and valve designed it so it is easy to pick up for beginners, while maintaining a high skill ceiling for advance players to hone their tricks. Once again Valve never disappoints. Expand
  50. Mar 13, 2011
    after reeding a lot of reviews on the game left for dead 2 i would agree with some of the criticism posted up but on the defense despite the lack of gaming quality and key things what could be improved it is still a good game. as the turn " you pay for what you get " i payed £20 - 30 as a package deal for my game so did not expect any thrill's like playing a high end full on 3d graphics game what would have cost around £60+ ether tho it is a social game and you can have a lot of fun ether make some rilly good friends or just to blow of some steam after a hard day at work and you just want to kill some zombies all tho yes this game works for me and i have made a lot of friends so guys A+ for me Expand
  51. Mar 17, 2011
    An absolutely amazing game I enjoyed playing for many hours already and the constant Mutation changes and custom maps always add a new replay value to it. If you don't have it you should definitely get it, the 4 player Co-Op campaign is simply amazing (although there are a lot of e.g. 16 players co-op servers for extra fun) and survival too. I believe I will play it a lot soon cause of the upcoming Cold Stream DLC including a new awesome map and the rest of the L4D1 campaign. Expand
  52. Mar 27, 2011
    Strategy and shooter in one phenomenal game! You can play it for 1000 hours and more, but never it will be boring! Nice maps, great weapons, awesome modes and cool infecteds! I could play it all the time :P
  53. May 14, 2011
    After more than 300 hours in game, i must say, it was waste of time. This game has become garbage. Community is full of arrogant no-life emo kids. People are leaving over and over. Maps are buggy and every new update is worse than one before. It's really time for Valve to create new game engine, otherwise there will be no reason to buy expensive and old looking games.
  54. Apr 19, 2011
    Most negative ratings seemed to have come after this game initial release. I can understand where people are coming from in being die hard L4D1 fans previously. However, i started with L4D2 first over a year ago, and it is the BEST online game i have played to date. I bought L4D2 about 6 months ago and while it still have that awesome L4D gameplay, it was just nowhere near as polished as 2 for me. I like in 2 how there is comedy and interesting levels, where 1 seems to have focused more on the horror effect, where there is a dark and gloomy atmosphere. To be honest, i don't see how the atmosphere really makes the game better or worse.

Left 4 Dead 2 has a huge replay value. You can go on and on and constantly learn new things. I personally play all game types, but usually prefer versus. This is one of those games where it will constantly evolve into a better game. The online community is still very strong (even in 1). It is definitely hard to start off when you don't know maps etc. My suggestion is to read/watch some strategy guides or videos.
  55. Sep 5, 2011
    Years on and this is still one of the BEST co-op shooters available... ok the graphics are workmanlike, but Source is gettting way too long in the tooth to ever look top end...accept that sacrifice for everything else being super fast with tonnes of sharpened gameplay and high replay values thanks to it's huge modder community (on PC) supplying hundreds of free campaigns, how can you go wrong?
  56. Apr 22, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2 has gotten a lot of flak for its similarity to the first game, but I think Valve made the right move in making it just how they did. Here's why:

REPLAY VALUE:
    - The first game was not very long, but it had replay value, the second game is essentially the first game with more levels, new levels, new characters, new dialogue, new weapons and enemies and mechanics, etc. The
    first game was a smashing success, so if the second was why would they change that much in the sequel?

NEW MECHANICS:
    - The guns, special devices, and melee weapons all have a very nice, "clean," feel to them. There's almost no "wind-up," so every swing, shot, and throw feels responsive. This is something many developers overlook when making games, and it's incredibly important to have the feel right.

NEW WEAPONS:
    - The arsenal from L4D was one of the more boring parts of the game. L4D2 has more than doubled the amount of weapons, whilst keeping the originals for old fans.

STEAM WORKSHOP:
    - Don't like the level selection? The skins are boring you? Then modify them with minimal effort by utilizing Steam Workshop, which is home to thousands of custom, user-made skins.

There really isn't much to complain about.
  57. Apr 21, 2011
    It's not as spooky or atmospheric or creative as the first game, but the gameplay is improved, the graphics are improved, and the versus mode is not only playable, but is also the most fun I've had in a multiplayer zombie game since the craziest nights of Zombie Master.
  58. Apr 24, 2011
    A good game, yes. But I can't really find myself playing it for more then a few hours, if not only a couple minutes. I quit half way through story modes when I play by myself, and really only play it with friends. With friends, or with people online, this game is really good. But like I said, playing by yourself wasn't as enjoyable as Left 4 Dead 1, because it's the same thing with enhanced A.I (Maybe). But other than that, this is a pretty good game to play. The best on the PC I would say. It's a buy Expand
  59. Jul 6, 2011
  60. May 21, 2011
    This is one of the best game ever. Plenty of fun with friends and a very enjoyable versus mode. The coop system is the best ever seen in the games history. The animations are incredibly fluid, some of the best I've seen so far in a game. The dialogues are great, the characters say a lot of different things and are never annoying or ripetitive. Definitely a masterpiece!
  61. Jul 3, 2011
    I enjoyed the mayhem and personalities of LFD2, but the simplistic shooting system and the somewhat short campaign leaves my money spent questionable. 30 bucks for this game isn't really worth the time or money unfortunately. Liked the game, just not worth it for the price.
  62. Sep 14, 2011
    New zombies, new maps and more weapons! YES! But, for some odd reason I find the game play different. I actually find the original more appealing. The graphics look better as in better looking versus more advanced graphics. The characters aren't that appealing either. It seems a bit rush and too soon. Left 4 Dead 1 just got off the ground when this was released! Shame... But the games still good.
  63. Mar 29, 2013
    When you experienced the first game, some of the atmosphere in the second game doesn't feel as strong. However, this game makes up for that with the new weapons, features, infected and characters. At first, I was very angry at Valve for suddenly working on this game while the first one was still unpolished, but my disposition changed when I finally played this game and experienced the updates along with it. It's good every once in a while, but gets repetitive sometimes even with the game altering "Director" thrown in. Versus Mode can be extremely fun when your team isn't stupid and the hit detection doesn't screw you over, but I find that more or less unbalanced and just stick with the normal co-op. Expand
  64. Aug 30, 2011
    Nothing has really changed since the first version. New characters and maps mixed with improved graphic and nothing else. It's not really L4D2, it's rather L4D1.5.
  65. Jun 30, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 was an exceptionally good game, in my opinion, from the moment I started playing it. It brought to mind the play of Dead Rising, where I could simply kill zombies as a sort of stress reliever. It never needed to have much of a purpose. Just as long as I could kill, move forward, and feel like I accomplished something I was happy. I really enjoy the level designs in the second one. I find especially the Dark Carnival campaign to be extremely fun. The main difference between this game and those of other zombie shooters is that you cannot win this game alone. It is very hard to make it anywhere, especially on harder difficulties, without being a team. Versus mode only proves all the more that without effective teamwork, you cannot win the game. A single player being good is not enough to win the game. More importantly, a lot of times, you don't even have to be good to play, you just have to work together.

A lot of multiplayer video games have completely lost sight of teamwork. When I go to play Call of Duty, if there is a single good person on my team, I may win because of their skill. The next round, they win on someone else's team. It is too dependent on individual people. Left 4 Dead is rarely possible to move any farther when you want to play as a loner. The single player proves this even more with the terrible AI being of little assistance. It certainly feels like you are alone with them. (I still think it deserves a ten because especially friendly AI is rarely very skilled in video games anyway...)

Left 4 Dead 2, as a sequel, also provides some semblance of the creepy level design in the first one. A dank mall, with all the lights turned out, one of the levels virtually serving as a maze because all of the obvious directions are not the right ones. The Carnival, with clowns attracting massive hordes if they are not eliminated effectively. The swamp is a nightmare, especially in realism mode(which is AMAZING... It adds value to the melee weapons and makes you work much harder to remain a team) where you may be dragged away by a smoker and be impossible to find in the foliage. The sugar mill, with a forest of witches, and rain that blinds all view of the screen, is very well designed and very creepy. The Parish is the only campaign which stays well lit for the majority of the campaign but it is not without its challenges as well. The Impound lot, which leaves a massive amount of car alarms in front of you is especially dangerous when you have a person playing who has not memorized where the alarms are. Several of the events in the Parish force hordes of monstrous sizes on you.

This game is only as hard as you make it. You can change the settings to make it simplistic or make it very challenging. Realism mode only adds to the nightmare and makes everything a lot more interesting because you cannot see people through walls, glows around items are disabled, and worst of all, the witch will instantly kill you.

I feel as though a lot of the negative reviews on this game are written by people who rushed out to by this game when it was brand new, who weren't very good at the game, and who could not appreciate all the new things this game had to offer over the old Left 4 Dead. The melee weapons are life saving in Realism mode(which is why describing them as useless seems ineffective and incorrect to me), the guns are vastly improved from the original, and there are three entirely new infected creatures which are all extremely dangerous.(Spitters are great when well timed) The characters are much better developed, interesting, and surprisingly realistic. Especially for those gamers out there who cannot afford an expensive game when it first comes out and wait for the prices to be those of bargains, this game was an amazing buy. I have gotten well over a few hundred hours of gameplay for roughly 20 dollars. I would have paid the 50 dollars if I had it. This game was worth it. Especially with friends, the online is worth every second of playing and I recommend this game to anybody who does not yet have it.
  66. Jul 5, 2011
    Left 4 Dead (2) Series is just amazing i just loving killing me some zombies i dunno maybe because i'm a gun nut and have my own arsenal of weapons for such occasions and just want practice. Anyway This is a great Multiplayer Platform you can team up against zombies or become a special zombie on teams against each other.
  67. Jul 7, 2011
    If it weren't for the 90% of players I've played with that were complete *******, I would've given this game a 8 or 9. Unfortunettely I can't enjoy a game where almost everyone game I've joined, there will be some elitist **** that'll complain about everything, rip through the map while leaving the rest of the team behind, and won't help their teammates for ****.
  68. Jul 11, 2011
    This is a typical game to just get ur head clear and mindlessly kill all that walks, if ur a game addict its not to play 24/7 youll get mad but its a lovely way to just do something elsze with friends for a change,
    i love it!
  69. Jul 22, 2011
    As addictive as Heroin, without the illegality - Although I did prefer the old L4D, it was more original and better designed, and L4D2 is in essence L4D with a Gok-Wan style make-over. Also, Zoey is much more attractive than Rochelle, and less annoying too. But hey, it was fun and good, and to save me writing an L4D review read the first seven words of this review but keep the score the same.
  70. Jul 22, 2011
    I haven't played L4D1, so i don't have anything else to compare it to, (other than perhaps Killing Floor). I thought of giving it a 6, but then i guess it's still a *good quality* game, just that the gameplay didn't suck me in at all. I guess i'm not a fan of a thousand no-AI-whatsoever npc's running at me, it kind of makes each individual kill meaningless, and there is no river of blood to make it at least visually bad-ass. And it's very linear too: after finishing a campaign once, i had no desire to replay it, having to go through exactly the same path again. I did like the vs. scavenge mode though, i think this one aspect of the whole game is what really stood out. Having to be the zombies who die faster than the waiting time between respawns, it was the first time i ever reaaallly had to strategize in an fps. To finalize, if i were to give this game a price, i'd say it's worth about $5-$10 (depending on who you are. To me it would have been worth $5, but definitely not $35, or however much i actually paid for it.) Expand
  71. Sep 8, 2011
    I've played more hours of this game than any other - 800 at the moment. It's a truly great game, the only negative is the online community can be very annoying and love to cry "NOOOB!"
  72. Aug 9, 2011
    The great part about Valve is that they patch the game, add new content based on player's interests and no longer allow it to go stale. I have at least 600 hours into the game and have learned specific tactics for taking out the special infected while most people run aimlessly out to their death. It's a team-based game where if you stay together, the chances of survival are high. Cool binds to use such as taunt, yes, no, take the lead, stick that up your a$$, etc. make for some interesting jokes even if everyone is already on voice chat. What you're really doing is making a movie and if you're one of the 4 star actors you're able to take a break and watch. I love how the game seamlessly as well as instantly adds new players or replaces them with bots without some lengthy game re-load or re-sync making everyone wait. It was remarked that the grenade launcher sitting out in the open for anyone to grab and descimate the game solo was making the game too easy and allowing people to leave the rest 4 dead, so Valve moved them to more hidden areas so players had to search for the big guns. I hope it's evolution continues. Expand
  73. Nov 28, 2012
    Left 4 Dead 2 warms you up with a single player campaign and then has long multi-player replay value. The match-finding service could be improved for casual players. Anybody that doesn't play L4D2 enough to use the infected properly will often be kicked if they end up on a team of expert players.
  74. Dec 26, 2011
    Valve is amazing, and Steam has forever changed how I look at PC gaming. Unfortunately though, not everything Valve touches is gold. For example, this game. L4D1 was a lot of fun, and I would have rated it maybe an 8, since it was a great casual pick-up-and-play game, but not good for long periods. This game, however, is fun for maybe 15 minutes at a time. I enjoy challenges, but I loathe when games can only make it more difficult by being annoying (every Nintendo game ever, I'm looking at you). This game is an absolute joke in single player; don't even try it. I know it wasn't designed for single player, but even multiplayer is bad. The original (L4D1) special zombies were bloat, witch, smoker, hunter, tank, 3/5 of which will incapacitate you in 1 hit, and 1/5 of which will incapacitate you just about as quick. So you need a good team. In L4D2, there are MORE special infected such as charger, jockey, and spitter, 2 of which will incapacitate you in 1 hit as well. Now given that witches and tanks aren't ever spawned in the random waves the "producer" throws at you, that gives you 4/6 of the special zombies coming at you will incapacitate you in one hit (meaning while you may be alive, you can't shoot or otherwise help your teammates), so playing this game, there will be MULTIPLE times each level where you will be the only one still moving around while your 3 teammates are unable to help. While this may sound like chaotic fun (and possibly is if you're drunk), it gets really annoying REALLY fast. Add that on top of the fact that the "producer" in this game throws waves at you like a twitching 5-year-old who can't keep his hands off the keyboard, and friends you're playing with will decide "I'm done" after 2 or 3 attempts. Not fun. This game is seriously a mild update from L4D1, but it's one that I wish could be undone. Oh wait, it can, I'll just go play L4D instead. Or Killing Floor. I seriously regret buying this game. Expand
  75. Sep 6, 2011
    Woah woah woah... time out. All these people complain about L4D2 being the same thing as L4D, but that simply isn't true! At its core, yes, L4D2 is the same but so is every game on the market. Halo is still a shooter, Command and Conquer is still a strategy game, Starcraft is still epic, Episode 3 still isn't released, and Left 4 Dead is still a co-op zombie survival game. Just because Valve didn't go for L4D2: Cooking Mama as their sequel doesn't mean they're ripping us off. This game easily has enough new content to teach Infinity Ward and Treyarch a thing or two.

Valve obviously worked hard to make the original experience much more fun in every aspect and they definitely delivered. The only thing that I would have docked a point for is not having enough maps, but free DLC took care of that. Besides, I had to do something to even out all the people trying to say the game hadn't changed. I wouldn't be surprised if half of them don't even own the game.
  76. Nov 8, 2011
    Just because you added a "2" in the "Left 4 Dead" title and also made some additional zombie characters doesn't make a better game. I'm not saying it's bad, but its just the same thing I played a year ago. I still enjoy it and I'm thankful for Valve making this epic **** but the next L4D's gotta be more innovative.
  77. Sep 9, 2011
    Its a fun but repetitive game. But it hasn't aged well. Its starting to look rough around the edges. If you can fool yourself to thinking it looks good you probably can get several hundred of hours of addicted playing out of this, else it will feel more like a repetitive slog because the environments look very bland. This looks like a game that worried too much about hardware budgets , or was developed on a tight budget itself. Not much is textured properly and there is too many details missing from the scenes. For example, their idea of a store is a room with an empty shelve and a block looking cabinet with a register on it, and no other details you'd see in a store. The good side, being a MP game, its still alive currently and finding a game is not too hard. The game also appears to be still be supported regularly by the creator Valve with recently now the l4d campaigns being added into the game. Expand
  78. Dec 2, 2012
    Yes, it's a decent sequel with big amount of changes over it's predecessor, which can't be simply packed in a DLC. This game is about teamplay and replayability - i'm playing it with my friends with VoIP and i played more than 400 hours in total and not yet bore with. One of the best co-op, PvP and overall games in my life.
  79. Oct 31, 2011
    Let's get one thing straight. L4D2 is not a mere expansion pack. It's not Left 4 Dead 1.5, but Left 4 Dead 2.0 as the title suggests. There's twice as many guns, melee weapons can be used as secondary, new equipment and grenades, new enemies, more campaigns which last longer, new characters who join originals and new maps as well as new game modes. There's Realism, scavenge and more maps for survival. It's a new game alright- a great continuation from Left 4 Dead. So why do I only give it 7/10? Simply put, the game's appeal doesn't last too long. No matter how much you add to it, killing zombies gets boring very quickly. The achievements, as usual with Valve games, are creative but pointless. Zombies in CoD are way more addicting even without achievements. If you liked Left 4 Dead, this is definitely worth gettiing. But despite the AI director in both games, it's just not addicting. I suppose in CoD Zombies it's addicting to beat your best. Here, in survival mode, it just doesn't grip me at all. Maybe it's the gameplay mechanics, maybe it's that in CoD you get 2 types of zombie. Issues still exist with the AI though. They'll try to heal you when you don't need it, for example, in the middle of a horde. Their only use is as a storage for all the pills and healthpacks you didn't pick up. Generally, Valve's shooter doesn't feel like a 2009/10 release due to the Counter-strike gameplay. With their games, it's much more about the concept rather than the intricate details. Overall, the game is a complete package, since you get survival, co-op, single-player, and competitive multiplayer where you play as the zombies as well. It's a good game, but still not one I'd want to play for a long time. Expand
  80. Nov 2, 2011
    Awesome coop game, the value of the free dlcs and the game itself make it a masterpiece.
    **** to the ones saying that it's the same old **** if the game has changed the same guys would be the first saying "oh no, ****ty game, those dubass changed everything and now is totally different, why would they did that? Vote: 4, 0, 2". Buy it.
  81. Sep 30, 2011
    I'm coming up to playing 300 hours on this game. This game would have to be my favorite game. The only bad thing I can say about this game isn't actually about the game itself but the ****heads who play it online. Other than that I love this game and play it almost daily.
  82. Sep 28, 2011
    I loved Left 4 Dead for some really good atmosphere, solid game play, and the co-op I desperately wanted in my games that nothing I had owned (up to that point) had ever filled though some had the potential to do so (looking at you StarFox). I only played L4D1 for about half a year or a little more before Left 4 Dead 2 was announced and then, quickly, released. The rush to get it out is really noticeable as the game has its bugs, but (since I started playing) patch-work has been done to fix that. The game is still far from perfect as it feels more like an expansion pack than a sequel. Only Melee Weapons, a few new maps, and a few new zombies were added to the mix. I get that trying to reinvent the FPS-zombie game for every game in a series might be asking for much, but I don't feel like this is a true sequel to L4D one like, say, F-Zero GX was to F-Zero X (for a random comparison).

The aesthetics are about the same, if not weirder because a lot of the maps are set during the day, which isn't scary. So the game lacks the previous game's tension. But common infected have a much larger variety and uncommon infected added to the mix improves the looks of the enemies, a bit. The uncommon, however, are rather low in number and don't present as big an impact to game play. For the mechanics, the game works, I guess. you point the gun and the enemies die if you click on them. Some new mechanics, like gauntlets, really make for a more interesting horde run. But the number of gauntlets are low, so you won't get them as often as you should. There is also dynamic path-making which will alter the course of a map depending on certain circumstances. While I like the idea of alternate paths to change things up, I don't like it depending on conditions being met. It should just be random so I have a chance to see all the parts of the game rather than having to go through a lot of guess work to figure out what path I can take. Overall, it has improved in terms of game play from the first. Melee weapons, bullet upgrades, and a larger variety of weapons makes for some improvements on the Survivor's side of things, while the horde gets new zombies and new uncommon infected to hopefully balance it all out. If you liked L4D1, this isn't a bad buy. At the time of reviewing, $20 is a good deal for this game, but you can easily wait for a Steam Holiday Sale when it drops to somewhere around $10 or lower.
  83. Sep 28, 2011
    This is a superb co-op game still being played now almost 3 years after its release. Its a game where you only get out of it what you put into it. Players are expected to help each other, in an environment where anyone can just into your game and leave as easily you have to be expecting the odd pain. The variation in the kind of teams you can find yourself fighting with adds a lot to this games re-playability.
    The game has been consistently supported with patching, new official maps, new play modes. There are tonnes of servers still providing loads of free online multiplay. On top of that you get a game which all other co-op zombie shooters are compared against as it still is the best one one the market hands down. The game has co-op campaign, versus, survival (with leaderboard), single-play and scavenge modes. You will make new friends playing this game, and there are some very good people playing this game now-a-days with many of the turkeys having gotten bored of cheating and pk'ing.
  84. Oct 8, 2011
    Wow, never played a funner co-op game, completely honest. Not only blowing off heads like in the first one, but it has added melee to whack heads off. It's not scary, just intense, and it's a game I don't think anyone will ever forget.
  85. Oct 15, 2011
    This is an awesome game due to the replay value. The "Director" changes the campaigns every time you play to spawn the horde, witches, and tanks in different locations every time (or no witches or tanks at all). The graphics are fantastic for anyone that has a 4 to 5 year old computer as of 2011; the FPS is superb (depending on your computers video card and RAM) and works flawlessly for me.
    The Vs Mode is awesome - sometimes you have a good team and sometimes you don't; sometimes you have people who stay when they are losing or some who leave (ragers) because they're losing. The "Director" does a great job making the Vs campaigns random.
    The Mutation mode offers some different styles of gameplay; while some are not great - others are exciting to play.
    Survival Mode: How long can you survive against the horde (need I say more?)
    If you want to up the difficulty, play Vs Realism which doesn't show the survivors outlines if you are a survivor (playing normal as survivors, you would see an outline of your team but not in Realism)
    Also - you can download custom maps and campaigns and all other sorts of things to customize the game (look at: http://www.l4dmaps.com/l4d2/ ).
    Full score and highly recommend.
  86. Apr 22, 2013
    The reason for rewarding Left 4 dead 2 a pure 10, is simple. There is no competitor out there to what this game delivers and what it delivers is great. Even 4 years after it came out, it is still the absolute most fun co-op game out there, with up to 4 people. Even greater is the versus mode, where 2 teams of 4 take turn playing the special effected. It's easy to get into, so great for newcomers and hard to master. Expand
  87. Jun 26, 2012
    I'm not a pessimist, but when after buying Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam, I was a little unsure of how it would be. The first aspect that worried me was the change in overall theme from a grounded city setting to a more diverse, but campy deep south America. Once I bought it however, I can safely say that L4D2 is still as fun as ever. So what has changed you ask? Quite a lot has been changed: the visuals and sound are improved; you can now use melee weapons; there are more guns; there's a better sense of progression and of course, more gore. This is probably the goriest game I have ever played; if it were a normal shooter about shooting soldiers instead of zombies then I might have felt a bit guilty. There is a problem I have with L4D2 though: teaming up with friends on-line and ploughing your way through hordes of slavering zombies may be entertaining, but it's also repetitive and quickly becomes quite tedious to play. The campy setting also seems to have taken away some of the emotional impact from the game. Overall, even though this is probably Valve's weakest game I've played, it still stands tall and proud over most of the junk which the game industry churns out and as a co-op experience, I thoroughly recommend it. Expand
  88. Oct 27, 2011
    The addition of new weapons and a few of the maps is the only positive thing I can possibly say about this game. After Valve rushed this game without properly supporting the first Left 4 Dead, I told myself I would not purchase Left 4 Dead 2. I finally gave in and as the demo had suggested, this game sucked and continues to suck. No matter what hardware I've played on, the game will randomly lag for 1 to 2 seconds (online and offline). The characters (survivors) are not very well developed, leaving your with boring dialogue, annoying voices with no way to relate to the characters. The old special infected look and sound really stupid. In general, I'm against DLC's, but I would much rather have paid 49.99 for an original L4D DLC that added all the new maps, weapons, and cool game types like Mutation, Scavenger etc... Gabe I am disappoint. Expand
  89. Nov 2, 2011
    everyone hypes it... but why? graphics are bad, animations are bad, music is annoying... the ai is retarded. you cant aim with your weapon, exept for the sniper rifle. (the problem of the source engine) the talking of the characters and the gameplay makes it look like a comedy but not like a good and scary zombiegame. the best thing is the intro video, after that it plays like poop. got it for 6â Expand
  90. Nov 8, 2011
    an FPS game that is brilliant! the gameplay is awsome for a fps, the guns are awsome but lack a little variety. The only reason to really buy this game is to play online, single player id give it a 6, multiplayer online is a for sure 10. The replayability in this game is great, youll notice yourself playing it after you get bored at first from time to time and casually play it here and there. great game online, well worth the buy. Expand
  91. Nov 12, 2011
    great 7.1 surround sound support, Great stereoscopic 3D support, great multilayer experience. It isn't anything different than the first but it is still just as fun. need I say more?
  92. May 13, 2012
    Overall one of the best games ever made, and pretty much evolved the zombie genre to a point towards even making Resident Evil run for its money when it comes down to zombie genre games. Left 4 Dead 2 will leave you with excitement and suspense which you will more than likely be talking about for a long time, along with that the fact its a Steam game and from valve, expect it to have alot of PC content exclusives such as Achievements, constant upgrades and unofficial mods. To make it better, Left 4 Dead 1 comes packed with this game as well when you purchase it! Expand
  93. Nov 30, 2011
    What is it, 2 years - 3 after the game came out, and people are still complaining about it? I was part of the little protest not to release l4d2 because it really was the same thing - but valve definitely keeps it updated, fresh and new. They also added new left 4 dead 1 maps into L4D2, so you've really got alot more maps to play on, there's tons of free updates and patches and really, it's load of fun. 9/10 - the game is not perfect, but it is worth your money if you like zombie games. Expand
  94. Nov 29, 2011
    Left 4 dead 2 tries to expand on the original, and kinda does its job. While l4d2 is a good game, there are certain things keeping it from being a great game. Dynamic routes that were supposed to be in versus multiplayer were removed, dynamic weather was removed, when the game was released there was a crash to desktop issue, valve has not supported l4d2 with fixes for bugs, glitches and exploits. 2 years after being released, some of the glitches that were in the game in day one are still there. Valve has also ignored the l4d2 community in our request on ways to improve l4d2. Some of the maps have too many health kits, and valve refuses to remove the kits. While l4d2 could have been a great game, the glitches take away from the overall experience. Expand
  95. Apr 9, 2013
    This game is so fun, but it's ruined with all the glitches, the stupid bots, the griefers, the hackers and many more. Versus is the only amusing gamemode, yet is barely playable. Hunters will pass through enemies while pouncing, Smokers take forever to get hold of a survivor, giving them enough time to pass a corner to avoid getting caught, Boomers can easily miss their target, Jockeys can barely hit anything because of how atrocious the hitboxes are, the spit from Spitters takes a while before it actually does a few damage to the survivors (about 10 hits for 5 damage) and the Chargers have to be 100% accurate to hit someone. Now on to the bots. The survivor bots will take a long time before reaching you if you are caught by an infected. They can't throw grenades. They can't save you if you are in certain places. They will teleport from one side of the map to the other. Now, the infected bots. They take forever to attack, even in front of the survivors. They get stuck easily, and unlike survivor bots, they can't teleport away if stuck. Basically, a team of experienced players can lose against a team of children. So in the end, this game is incredibly broken, but it can be enjoyed if you have a few friends. Other than that, play a different game. Expand
  96. Dec 11, 2011
    Left 4 Dead 2 is an enjoyable game to play. Like most games these days the game shines more in the multiplayer aspect and the numerous mods and addons that one can acquire through various means. These addons and multiplayer flavors are where the fun is. The single player is tolerable and is fun to play when bored but the AI really is sub par (the other survivors have god-like accuracy but are dumb as a rock in relation to self preservation, i feel as if i am babysitting them in most situations). But if you are playing L4D:2 you need to be playing it with other people as the additional survivors or as the special infected. In summation the game as a whole is worth playing and is highly replayable, but if you are more of a loner and play singleplayer exclusively then you may want to overlook this title and perhaps pick up another zombie shooter that caters to the storyline and solo play. Expand
  97. Dec 13, 2011
    This game has more disappointments than improvements from Left4Dead. If you don't have either one, just buy Left4Dead instead. Only a few more Infected were added and a slightly better weapon selection enforced. Everything else; graphics, art, character selection, maps, and craving for zombie death got worse with this sequel. I still play L4d, but I can't find the interest to install L4d2 again.
  98. Dec 16, 2011
    This is the most bloody game from all games witch I played, it's also very funny, Valve is based on "team" games, like Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead(1) and Half-Life(with his broters: CS, CSS)... @VonCarlsson, you're right, but, you can also try survivor mode, wich is very funny sometimes, it doesn't worth 4 mark, no way, anyway, this just the begin, I think the CS: Global Offensive will be disappointing for most of us... Expand
  99. Dec 21, 2011
    A fun game overall. Boring and dull when playing with bots, but great when playing with friends. Wouldn't mind if there were more campaigns or other content though, as the game is quite short. All the campaigns can be replayed alot however.
  100. Dec 21, 2011
    Best game ever! Played is now for more then 600 hours. Every minute is still very fun to play. If I have to mention one point that is not so good are the players online, 40% sucks ;-)
    Hoping for Left 4 Dead 3!

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.