Left 4 Dead 2 PC

8.5

1. Feb 8, 2014
    Well, it has a very fascinating multiplayer. You can spend hours easily and don't even notice. It has so many mods and maps and they're all great, you'll never be bored. It's really entertaining but I can't say the same thing to single player. After all, forget the single player. Multiplayer will be enough for you. My score is 9 out of 10.
  2. Feb 9, 2014
    Amazing game, very creative. I cannot wait for the 3rd version to come out, hopefully containing many more weapons, infected character, humans, maps and game modes!
  3. Feb 13, 2014
    This is very good game. It has a lot of mods wich makes it even better. If you play it with your friends you need a lot of time to get bored of it but in about a month you come back to play and it gets cool again and you just can't stop playing it. Game sometimes (very rare times) lags or it just crahes but that's not a problem. You did great work Valve.
  4. Feb 26, 2014
    I gave this a 9...because of the online and mutliplayer...which are close to 10s imo.

The solo campaign is an eight. Still fun but does not shine the same.

There is nothing bad to say about the multiplayer. It is fast, fun, crazy and just as good as Left for Dead 1.
    For me, L4D 1 and 2 are the genre definer in FPS / Zombie / Survival.
  5. May 11, 2014
    Simply fantastic; the horde zoombies attacks is a classic scene that is used over and over and never makes you tired. It's a thriller that makes you creep and laughing at the same time. It's so good that makes the storyline absolutely dispensable!
  6. Apr 16, 2014
    An amazing game, I could play it all day (but I don't have the time, lol). This game kicks ass and it has humor in it too! I recommend getting it on Steam for full experience!
  7. Apr 19, 2014
    I'm not really the one for blogging, but my professor for one of my college classes asked that I write an Essay review of a video game or movie that I like or dislike. I decided to go with my favorite game, L4D2.

Having been a huge fan of the original Left 4 Dead, I was looking forward to playing its next game, filled with new infected, new survives and new maps to play as well as new features. Aside from the few bugs (and lately playable zombie glitches and unfair favoring by the game during V.S) It is over all my favorite game of all time. Now, there are some things that keep it from being absolutely perfect in my book. The game seems to favor teams ins the V.S match, and the once overpowered Charger has become extremely inaccurate and mostly passes right threw the survives without catching them like it should.

On another note, It pleases me greatly with the PC game's updates. There are now more sayings that the characters like Coach, Ellis, Nick and Roshelle speak out during the game. They have become slightly more vulgar, and a lot more funny in terms of Ellis's random stories with "his buddy Keith" Im delighted to see such an improvement in their voice acting scripts. By far, my favorite saying is Coach's Cotton Candy speech during the Carnival campaign. Sitting on top of the food pyramid, passing judgement on all the lesser foods. Haha, gets me every time!

The game itself is amazing. Its graphics have a good, on the edge of your seat, feel to them. I play almost every night if I can with friends. For PC, people come up with amazing mods for it too! Skins and sounds for both characters and infected, as well as new downloadable maps and weapon skins. One of my favorites is the Pokemon "Gotta Cath'em all" theme song that plays every time the Tank appears in game. The freedom to mod such a good game makes it constantly refreshing. Another one I adore is a skin for the Smoker. This mod turns the Smoker into Slenderman. Always a thrill!

The L4D series should come out with another game, and soon! There are always constant ideas spilling out for new infected. There is always room to improve, even when a game is as good as this one. I'll never stop playing!
  8. Apr 21, 2014
    one of the best cooperative games ever, and it has zombies. Awesome. it uses the same engine as other valve games of course, which has a specific charm that I love even though it is not graphically beautiful. its not a realistic zombie game either, but its not intended to be, its intention is to be a fun destroy all sons of **** kind of game, which succeeds in wonderfully. Valve is knownone of the best cooperative games ever, and it has zombies. Awesome. it uses the same engine as other valve games of course, which has a specific charm that I love even though it is not graphically beautiful. its not a realistic zombie game either, but its not intended to be, its intention is to be a fun destroy all sons of **** kind of game, which succeeds in wonderfully. Valve is known to give great story telling as well, which it doesn't do in this game, but still awesome even though not necessarily a masterpiece Expand
  9. May 1, 2014
    This game is just an incredibly fun game. I don't think I've ever played an FPS game quite like this one. The community may be horrible but it's still fun, especially if you're playing with friends.
    My only problem with this is that the community is absolutely terrible. They votekick you for not having more than 1,000 hours of playtime. But then again, that's hardly the game's fault, it's more of the people's fault, so if you get this game I recommend playing with people you know.
  10. May 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hi I like this game where zombies going crazy
    what's more cool pictures and I just had before the download in steam and cool cool
    and the most I like is the jockey and charger
    and for my only home game
  11. Nov 6, 2014
    The blood, the gore, the mods, the Fun, Oh my god this game is awesome. I didn't play Left 4 Dead one but when I saw steam had the sequel for £3.74 I jumped out of my seat. I do also own it on the Xbox 360 but none of my friends on that have this game.
  12. May 28, 2014
    Left4Dead2 Created in best traditions of Cooperative games,play only and only with friend!My Metascore 10/10.On steam i played 1,200 hours.The best FPS game with zombies!
  13. Jun 9, 2014
    To start off, I HATE FPS. It is one of the most repetitive and boring genre of gameplay.

However, L4D2 is very different. To start off, it is not the typical boring man shoots another man because of a war and **** like that. Instead, it involves something unique - zombies! Man shoots zombies otherwise their brains would be eaten. Amazing, isn't it? Furthermore, there are several maps, several weapons, and SEVERAL ZOMBIES WITH DIFFERENT TALENTS AND ABILITIES to keep you entertained. Not the typical boring and predictable human enemy. You also get a chance to be a zombie and battle humans in the multiplayer mode.

To summarize, this game (despite my hatred to FPS) is AMAZING!
  14. Jun 11, 2014
    This title is an excellent entry in the zombie genre. The game definitely shines the brightest when played with friends, but I find the single player goddamn enjoyable as well. Not does it only give you hours of challenging, but fun time in the campaign, the multiplayer modes extend the fun so far, that you can have a good time with it, even to this day. The only flaw I had with it was theThis title is an excellent entry in the zombie genre. The game definitely shines the brightest when played with friends, but I find the single player goddamn enjoyable as well. Not does it only give you hours of challenging, but fun time in the campaign, the multiplayer modes extend the fun so far, that you can have a good time with it, even to this day. The only flaw I had with it was the slight repetition with the campaigns, but seriously, blowing away the heads of those stupid undead people never gets old, shall it be with an axe or a shotgun. Expand
  15. Jan 24, 2016
    Great. Just great. Great characters, zombies, graphics and multiplayer.

Complaint of course: The death animation is so SO bad. In L4D, the original, the death animation was great, now its bad. But if thats the biggest problem in this game, then it cant be that bad.
  16. Jun 24, 2015
    A Fantastic game to play with your friends and with strangers! A bit glitchy here and there but overall Valve Corporation have really shown their capability with L4D2
  17. Dec 18, 2014
    Zombie lovers, this is a game that is a must buy. The campaign was so much fun to play. But the best thing about the game is the Multiplayer online. They have a **** ton of games to do online and it's a lot of fun. Not only that, you can start a co-op in the campaign. Plus all the DLC for the xbox 360 also that follow the campaign from the start. Best part is that they brought back theZombie lovers, this is a game that is a must buy. The campaign was so much fun to play. But the best thing about the game is the Multiplayer online. They have a **** ton of games to do online and it's a lot of fun. Not only that, you can start a co-op in the campaign. Plus all the DLC for the xbox 360 also that follow the campaign from the start. Best part is that they brought back the original crew from the original left 4 dead. Nothing negative comes to mind. This game is hella fun. Expand
  18. Jul 11, 2016
    It's a good game.
    Even if you say that "hurr durr it's like a DLC", guess what, it's still a good game.
    Because it costs 5$.
    5$ for new weapons, defibrillator, adrenaline and new maps.

Five. Dollars.
  19. Aug 15, 2014
    Many people won't like this game because its the same. I say to that, why fix what's not broken. This game took what we all loved in Left 4 Dead 1 and improved it with more weapons, more enemies, more love able characters, and better co-op. Without a doubt, this is one of the best co-op zombie games I've seen.
  20. Jan 12, 2015
    Brilliant fun to be had here, playing co-op or versus multiplayer. Zombie slaying at it's best. Work together as a team through the multitude of hour-long campaigns. One of those games you can simply drop in and play for an hour of frantic fun. It is somewhat similar to Killing Floor, except it has more game modes, better campaigns and is generally more fun.

It also includes Steam

It also includes Steam Workshop support and has a wide variety of stuff available to spice up the game.

Jimbo Rating: 8/10
  21. Dec 31, 2014
    Playing this with friends is amazingly fun especially with 4 player co op. Having other game modes to import more entertainment is fine with such as the survivor gameplay.
  22. Dec 16, 2014
    The Game is really cool and I play it a lot, but it could have been better, because it's to similar to Left 4 Dead and I know its a Sequel but they could have added more stuff
  23. Dec 27, 2014
    Left 4 Dead 2, this game is just awesome, you can even make a model and put it into game and play it with that add-on, just awesome. I really enjoy play this game with my friends..
  24. Jun 8, 2015
    Amazing Game. It gives experienced survivalists a challenge on any mode, whether it be Survival or Campaign. If you like challenging survival, play L4D2. It really gives you a challenge!
  25. Oct 8, 2015
    THE BEST COOPERATIVE GAME EVER! Click-fest, jump scare, FUN! This game, even years after initial release is one of the best games ever made! The reason it is so successful is because the gameplay mechanics of the shooting is just so polished....the interaction and story-line element to each chapter is so will done, superb level design. it is so satisfying chopping zombies limbs off, headsTHE BEST COOPERATIVE GAME EVER! Click-fest, jump scare, FUN! This game, even years after initial release is one of the best games ever made! The reason it is so successful is because the gameplay mechanics of the shooting is just so polished....the interaction and story-line element to each chapter is so will done, superb level design. it is so satisfying chopping zombies limbs off, heads blowing up, and destroying the special infected zombies. The special zombies variety really makes this game, it mixes it up, you need to work together, heal each other and protect each other from the special otherwise you will die. The community is friendly and active to this day. THIS GAME IS A MUST BUY FOR ANY PC PLAYER. Expand
  26. Oct 19, 2015
    Still an awesome game. I'm a sucker for those COOP games though. So much better than the first installment. Just can't wait for the third Left 4 Dead, pretty please this Halloween maybe?
  27. Oct 24, 2015
    I hate zombies, really hate zombies, but for this game, I had to miss because it is one of the most successful co-op games ever been .Only problem of the game is that you need to have at least two friends who also have a game ,otherwise it's not that.
    Especially if your friend lying on the ground and screaming, "What the **** are you doing ?!"
  28. Oct 24, 2015
    This game is really fun, really enjoyable and something I could play often. Just... the story isn't that much changed as for the first one. Just new characters. I happy we meet the old characters of course!

I like it, like the small story change, like the different things added and... yeah. Great game when you come to it.
  29. Nov 2, 2015
    Left 4 Dead 2 is definitely a great follow-up for its predecessor; with new infected, new maps, new characters, and others. But just like the first title of its series, the graphics and the atmosphere of the game should've been more darker and creepier, like any post-apocalyptic environments that we can imagine. Besides from that, I find no new notable game play elements either
  30. Nov 22, 2015
    Left 4 Dead is another great game that developed by Valve company. The extraordinary graphic of this game is just stunning. Valve added some new special zombies into the game. You can find a lot of mod in the workshop and they are all free to download. You will have more fun when playing this game with your friends.

L4D2 delivers multiple improvements over its predecessor, and I get to keep all my fingers and toes.
    It remains one of the most distinctive co-operative titles out there, and allows for some of the most nerve-searing team-based multiplayer gaming on the market.
  3. Whereas once we treated Left 4 Dead as a stopgap between Half-Lifes, this is no longer a weird little side project with modest expectations, and Valve is confident enough to play around with it, safe in the knowledge that you can trust your players. Left 4 Dead proved it. And whereas that game had a personality, this one is overflowing with it.