Legends of Pegasus PC

• Release Date: Aug 10, 2012
1.5

Overwhelming dislike- based on 113 Ratings

1. Aug 14, 2012
    Legends of Pegasus has the potential to be a good game. But from what I've had opportunity to play so far it seems like it's in need of another few months of development and polish. I'm no newb at these sorts of games, but it's missing some of the features we've become accustomed to from games like Civilisation. The graphics are also a far-cry from what I was expecting (they wouldn't beLegends of Pegasus has the potential to be a good game. But from what I've had opportunity to play so far it seems like it's in need of another few months of development and polish. I'm no newb at these sorts of games, but it's missing some of the features we've become accustomed to from games like Civilisation. The graphics are also a far-cry from what I was expecting (they wouldn't be out of place from one of the later X-Com games), especially the planetary construction view.

The biggest issue I've had with it so far is the fact that you need an active internet connection to even start a single player game. Which thanks to issues with my Killer 2100 network card meant it took me a couple of days to work out what was affecting it. I've had to resort to using my motherboard's on-board NIC to get the game running.

In closing: Don't rule out this game yet, give it several months an hopefully it'll be in better shape.
  2. Aug 14, 2012
    Seems to be a trend now days to release 4x games totally broken, I don't know the story behind the scenes as to why LOP was released this way, but for them to post "The flood of problems has really surprised us" is a joke, at release the 1st episode that is a tutorial I encountered 4!! yes 4 game stopping bugs, everything from missing waypoints and stations not building to missing requiredSeems to be a trend now days to release 4x games totally broken, I don't know the story behind the scenes as to why LOP was released this way, but for them to post "The flood of problems has really surprised us" is a joke, at release the 1st episode that is a tutorial I encountered 4!! yes 4 game stopping bugs, everything from missing waypoints and stations not building to missing required tech.... and if that was a surprise then they did no testing, at least some others I could name who released games unfinished have at least admitted it and not posted statements that insult our intelligence.

That said I think it
  3. Aug 24, 2012
    This game shows promise but unfortunately has been made by a developer which has no idea what its doing. While the game is playable to a degree it does crash every hour. For me no problems occurred expect from crashing and some minor issues like Small and Large Repair docks being called Repair Dock with no hint of their size.

Game show promise but it should be given over to a more

Game show promise but it should be given over to a more experienced company to finish. This is NovaCore Studios first game and hopefully their last.
  4. Aug 13, 2012
    Majority of the features advertised not in the released game. Those that are are buggy and crashes you to desktop. There are multiple slots for AI skirmish but you can only add 1. what??? Multiplayer crashes after few min. Save games corrupt. Campaign crashes after a few min. The advanced graphics is "choose your resolution". The Interface is clunky and hard to use. If anyone is familiarMajority of the features advertised not in the released game. Those that are are buggy and crashes you to desktop. There are multiple slots for AI skirmish but you can only add 1. what??? Multiplayer crashes after few min. Save games corrupt. Campaign crashes after a few min. The advanced graphics is "choose your resolution". The Interface is clunky and hard to use. If anyone is familiar with the 4x space genre then you will know that legend of pegasus has just killed any faith gamers have in it, especially with blind preorders. This game cost 39.99 for preorder and is in a pre-alpha stage on release. Sword of the stars II did the same thing and cost about the same. Do yourself all a favor and get the indie-esque Endless space for 19.99, or a AAA title game Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion instead. Even the Galactici Civilizations 2 bundle for 5 dollars is way better. Developers and publishers, stop releasing pre-alphas and charging us over 40 bucks for the privilege. There is so much work that needs to be done to get this even PLAYABLE, and beyond that to be ENJOYABLE, weekend patches for the next 12-24 weeks I fear will still not fix this. Do not just take my opinion, one of the largest threads at this games official forums is entitled "Refund Request" here: http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=15831 . Instead of refunds they will be giving a "compensation" which is anyone's guess, but most likely a small DLC for a broken game. What a shame I really love the 4x space genre but these releases are destroying gamers faith in it :( Collapse

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Sadly, technical problems make this game nearly unplayable- it’s like Legends of Pegasus launched half-finished. Somewhere, deep inside, there’s a great game, with an interesting space-opera story, presented like a graphic-novel … but in the end, the worst alien menace in Legends of Pegasus is not the race of X’or or Arthrox but the bugs. And not like the bugs in Starship Troopers… [January 2013]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Oct 29, 2012
    Legends of Pegasus game is perfect example of how to turn ambitious projects into something you do want to forget as fast as possible. [Oct 2012]
  3. PC PowerPlay
    Oct 11, 2012
    An impenetrable mess with almost nothing to recommend it. Cast this one into the void. [Oct 2012, p.73]