8.3

1. Jul 1, 2013
    Guys this remake is brilliant! Dem kids these days don't know what a great PC game is like! Sure it's not got smooth animation or state-of-the-art sh*t, but damn, it looks good (the art is great), sounds good and feels freakin great. Great effort and it's money better spent here than on bloody diablo 3.
  2. Jun 28, 2013
    I was always a big fan of Al Lowe's games and when I saw on Kickstarter that Replay games was going to do a remake I immediately said to myself that I needed to get in on that and over the coarse of a year I saw all the hard work that was put in by Al Lowe, Josh Mandel Paul Trowe and the rest of the Replay team I knew I was going to be blown away but the final product exceeded myI was always a big fan of Al Lowe's games and when I saw on Kickstarter that Replay games was going to do a remake I immediately said to myself that I needed to get in on that and over the coarse of a year I saw all the hard work that was put in by Al Lowe, Josh Mandel Paul Trowe and the rest of the Replay team I knew I was going to be blown away but the final product exceeded my expectations the HD graphics are top notch and the soundtrack which was composed by Grammy nominated composer Austin Wintory was an absolute joy to listen to throughout the game! the humor will have you laughing for hours on end so be sure to use all the icons on everything in the rooms! This truly was a return to the one true Larry and I'm proud to be part of a group that helped bring this game to life Expand
  3. Jun 28, 2013
    Cried I laughed so much replaying the game after so many years! A must buy. The new graphics are gorgeous and the music is spot on. Well worth the 20$ on steam.
  4. Jun 28, 2013
    Larry is back with better graphics, more and new puzzles, more humour and more beautiful girls. Awesome game, recommended for everyone! I really hope there will be a sequel
  5. Jun 28, 2013
    Leisure Suit Larry returns in a remake of the original classic that started it all. And it's not just a 1:1 rehash, either. The story has been extended, the puzzles changed, and the graphics updated to a new generation of adventure game fans. But, it still retains the charm that Al Lowe brought back in 1987. If you're a fan of point-and-click games, you won't be disappointed.
  6. Jun 28, 2013
    I have been a fan of Larry since I was a little kid in middle school and a friend handed us a pirated copy of Larry 1 and Larry 6. I eventually bought every collector's edition and Larry 7, and patiently waited for Larry 8, which never game.

LSL Reloaded is an excellent remake of the original, with new puzzles, characters, updated humor, tons of new stuff, and is still faithful to what made the first game a hit. I encountered 0 bugs while playing, the game never crashed. I am glad they delayed the release because I enjoyed a flawless experience. Replay has done an amazing job with this game, and they have my confidence for Larry 2.

Finally, Larry has come home
  7. Jun 28, 2013
    The Legend of seduction is back reviving old school moments with new awesome graphics. A lot of humor from the beginning to the end.
    They made a wonderful work with the remake I hope they make the same thing with the following Larry saga. Personally I think this kind of games (Graphics adventure, point n' click) that we grew up in the '80 '90 need to be released one more time (with awesome 2D graphics) for the new generation that have lost a lot of humor nowadays.

This is games that make people laugh hard! Cheers!
  8. Jun 29, 2013
    I downloaded it and started playing away and it brought me back to those summers when I would get the old Sierra Games loaded on my relatives computer. I love the artwork, the interface of the game is smooth no oddness on the game play, but just getting back into the swing of adventure gaming. If you know or come from the generation of Leisure Larry and need a change in gaming, this is oneI downloaded it and started playing away and it brought me back to those summers when I would get the old Sierra Games loaded on my relatives computer. I love the artwork, the interface of the game is smooth no oddness on the game play, but just getting back into the swing of adventure gaming. If you know or come from the generation of Leisure Larry and need a change in gaming, this is one of the games to play for this summer. Expand
  9. Jun 30, 2013
    This game's gone beyond my first expectations. Though actual remakes as MI and MI2 didn't satisfied me with those new guybrush (well, maybe the 2nd one is OK, but nothing more) this is what a remake should called.

Look at this, for 20 bucks you get a remastered art piece, with new graphics, new music, completly spoken and subtitled in many languages. And the best, a new graphic adventure that deserves the money you pay.

I laugh at those critics here that just bump MOH and uncharted clones. It's obvious that today, if you want to get a good score, you can't go beyond the common industry. Just follow the white rabbit, buy an engine license and make another battle game set in a future not so far.
  10. Jun 30, 2013
    Ohhhh Larry. I have been playing Larry for quite a while now, in fact the 5.25 Lounge Lizzard disks are still next to my 8088 waiting to play thru again.

This is the best Larry game I've played in a long time, it brought a tear to my eye I laughed so hard thanks for the remake guys! Its good to relive our youth.
  11. Jul 1, 2013
    A trip back to the good old days, this is a lesson at how adventure games must be done. Don't believe stupid reviewers, this game is gorgeous. Few developers are able to make intelligent games like this, and the critics just wait for more "press A to win" titles.
  12. Jul 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In a part of my mind where the years run together, I remember firing up our 386 computer and playing the VGA remake of Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards with my older brother. I think about those days often. Perhaps it is because video games were better back then, or perhaps it is because I simply enjoyed them more. Either way, the magic in video games is gone. When I backed Larry Reloaded, it was entirely for nostalgic reasons. Remake or not, I wanted to see a new Al Lowe game.
    Playing the game, I found a familiar friend—the old icon bar. One of the greatest things about Larry games were the detailed sensory descriptions. As graphics have improved, this has gone away to the detriment of the gaming experience. A picture may say 1,000 words, but not necessarily the right words. In adventures games, narrators felt like characters in their own right. The narrator interacts with the player, compliments him when he solves a puzzle and mocks him when he is stuck.
    When entering Larry Reloaded, the veteran play will find himself in a familiar place, Lefty’s Bar. He’s been here before and knows what to do. The player walks up to the bar and orders a shot of whiskey. Then he walks to the bathroom and gives that shot to a drunk. However, instead of a TV remote, the drunk gives the player a coaster. Suddenly the player—who was content with a quick jog down memory lane—realizes that Al Lowe and Josh Mandel are going to put him to work a bit. The tweaked puzzles add some life to this game without taking away from the original purpose.
    Any fan of the series should be please with this update. It is exactly what we were promised and then some. I look forward to a remake of LSL2, which was always my favorite. And I’ll be the first in line to back that Kickstarter.
  13. Jul 1, 2013
    Leisure Suit Larry remains true to the spirit of the original game while incorporating updated artwork and a excellent user interface. The new music score and dialog help as well. The most amazing thing is the depth. There's so many things you can try, every object and action can be applied to everything in the game, often with very amusing results.

Bravo!
  14. Jul 1, 2013
    Larry is an old school graphic adventure. It don't needs ultra-realistic 3D models to make you laugh. It's the kind of game that we have been waiting for years! Welcome home Larry!
  15. Jul 1, 2013
    Leisure Suit Larry is one of the classic games adventure, and this remake is awesome, great graphics, very funny, nice puzzles... Thank you Al Lowe!!.
  16. Jul 1, 2013
    I love this game. I hope Al make more Larry Games. Leisure Suit Larry 2 Reloaded and Leisure Suit Larry 3 Reloaded. When I was 13 years old, i played this Larry games on my Amiga 500.

Wonderfull, Thank you Al
  17. Jul 1, 2013
    I've been a huge fan of Leisure Suit Larry since the golden-age of Sierra games even had a Leisure Suit Larry tribute site back in '96. It was so painful seeing how the franchise was bastardized the past few years in others hands. Returning things back to Al Lowe and the original story-line was exactly what the franchise needed to get things going back in the right direction.

While

While Larry Reloaded is a remake of the original enough time has passed that the game felt new and the addition of extremely solid voice-talent brought all the original humor to a new level. Some serious laugh-out-loud funny moments especially the dialogue with the hooker too funny!

A great music score also really kept those "what am I suppose to do now" moments flowing and updates to the mission style that allows more exploration and removal all dead-ends made the game more enjoyable than the original. I beat the game in a few sittings, but going back through now to enjoy some of the great narrator jokes connected to just about every object in the game.

For fans of the click-and-point Adventure style games that Sierra made popular back in the day will love Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded and for those who never had the pleasure, welcome to the party.
  18. Jul 2, 2013
    This game brings back memories for me and not only did they remake Larry in all his greatness, they actually improved on him (not in the suave way either This game is great and I hope we get to see more great titles like this from the folks over at Replay Games
  19. Jul 3, 2013
    Granted, the first Larry is a very short game and because that not even nearly the best Larry game. But it's still a big part of gaming history and first chapter of one the most lovable character. Now it's here HD polished and with added extra content! It's done with style and love, what more can you hope for? Go buy it and support the return of Larry! Cannot wait for LSL2 and 3 remakes.Granted, the first Larry is a very short game and because that not even nearly the best Larry game. But it's still a big part of gaming history and first chapter of one the most lovable character. Now it's here HD polished and with added extra content! It's done with style and love, what more can you hope for? Go buy it and support the return of Larry! Cannot wait for LSL2 and 3 remakes. Also, this is a good start in a hope of a brand new Larry game! Thank you Replay Games. Expand
  20. Jul 3, 2013
    This is an excellent remake of the original Leisure Suit Larry game!! Thank-you so much to Josh, Al and everyone else that worked so hard to bring us all such an awesome reboot to this classic series of games! Please ignore any negative reviews unfairly given to this superb new remake. They were obviously written by extremely ignorant critics who's reviews are clearly incorrect,This is an excellent remake of the original Leisure Suit Larry game!! Thank-you so much to Josh, Al and everyone else that worked so hard to bring us all such an awesome reboot to this classic series of games! Please ignore any negative reviews unfairly given to this superb new remake. They were obviously written by extremely ignorant critics who's reviews are clearly incorrect, undeserved and just garbage not worth wasting a second of your time reading. Their useless opinions are not what's important, what matters is the opinions of all the people that chose to help fund the making of this game. I can honestly say Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded is worth every penny I contributed through Kickstarter and more. Thank-you Replay for renewing the classic first Leisure Suit Larry game for the world to enjoy again. I can't wait to see what you do with Leisure Suit Larry 2! Expand
  21. Jul 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you haven't played this game, why not! It is full of things the PC Police does not like (sexual innuendos, censored nudity and puzzles that you can figure out if you just write down what the skin mag says in the convenience store). Oh, and you will do better at 21 in the casino if you "save often and restore when you mess up!" I know, there are a lot of puzzles for you youngsters but if you get stumped go to Al Lowe's web site and click on "Email Me!" Warning: This game is not for anyone under 21! You will be booted out of the game. Expand
  22. Jul 4, 2013
    The game is a lot of fun! The remade UI is easy to use. The voice work and the music are top notch. Tons of low brow humor and jokes. The new graphics look great at 1920x1080.
  23. Jul 5, 2013
    A superb remake of an already excellent game, if you love adventure games you owe it to yourself (and probably to Al Lowe, from whom you most likely pirated the original game in the 80s) to play this version. It looks and specially sounds awesome.
    The narrator is one of the funniest things you will find in any game ever released, and the music by Austin Wintory deserves accolades for taking was was already memorable into something amazing.
    Even if you finished the original many times and have it memorized they changed some things around, so prepare to be surprised by new puzzles!
  24. Jul 5, 2013
    Love Leisure Suit Larry. Not fair that some people judge this game by today's standards when this is clearly a graphically updated game of the original.

Now I'm SUPER excited to see LSL8 and with the LSL7 style
  25. Jul 6, 2013
    Its great to see Leisure Suit Larry revived as a franchise. You play as Larry, always unlucky in love, enduring a sarcastic narrator, and generally embarrassing himself through ineptitude. As such, you gotta feel for the guy. While there aren't too many new puzzles compared to the original versions, the is all new graphics, music, funny kickstarter references, and a million things to clickIts great to see Leisure Suit Larry revived as a franchise. You play as Larry, always unlucky in love, enduring a sarcastic narrator, and generally embarrassing himself through ineptitude. As such, you gotta feel for the guy. While there aren't too many new puzzles compared to the original versions, the is all new graphics, music, funny kickstarter references, and a million things to click on for for a laugh. Expand
  26. Jul 6, 2013
    Oh Larry, how I missed you!
    This game has all the fun of the first game, well the point-and-click version that is, and the excellent voice actor from the last good Larry games...
    I'm not counting the cheap knock-off games in the "post Al era"... they never happened..

If you liked adventure games, don't think you'll cruise trough, there is new stuff here! looking forward to more!
  27. Jul 11, 2013
    I backed this project because I loved the original Sierra games by Al Lowe and this one was done by him and the original team. They delivered EXACTLY what they promised. I read the official "metacritic" reviews and I think just because they don't like this type of game they shouldn't be reviewing it. Sorry ladies, it's not Left For Dead 7
  28. Jul 19, 2013
    No doubt the best Leisure Suit Larry game ever created. I played them all when I was in high school so I hope they remake them all, especially 2 since I almost got to the end and realized I had to start from the very beginning again!! I'm so glad they got Al Lowe back.....he's why I bought it!!!
  29. Sep 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. REVIEW OF LARRY RELOADED BY MATT FLINTON
    Calloo Callay! Call in all your sick days, pour yourself your favorite beverage and sit down at your computer. After almost 20 years and two horrible remakes the lovable loser Leisure Suit Larry is back.
    A brief history of Larry
    In the year 1987 Sierra on-line released a game called leisure suit Larry in the land of the lounge lizards, about a 40-year-old Virgin who comes to the city of Lost Wages after his mother and father moved to Florida. This leaves Larry free to find true love so he goes to a small town outside Las Vegas called Lost Wages.
    Larry Reloaded
    Even if you haven’t played the original Larry or an adventure game of any kind; no worries. This graphic adventure game uses a point-and-click interface. The Larry Reloaded plot is basically the same as the classic Larry version with Larry looking for true love. The puzzles have been changed, and are relocated. The Larry Reloaded game starts off with Larry pulling up in a cab in front of Lefties bar in the town of Lost Wages. This game is very colorful figuratively and literally. The high definition graphics of this game are awesome.
    The new girl is a really nice addition in the story. Without giving away too much, the machinations you go through to get the new girl to go out with Larry was, to put it in Larry’s vernacular, “the climax wasn’t worth the finish.”
    It is great to have Al Lowe and Josh Mandel at the helm of this reboot. The jokes are fast and furious and, most importantly, funny. Jan Rabson expertly performed the voice of Larry. I am extremely excited that the Larry franchises are back and I very much hope that the people who backed this game will back the next one. I know I will. I cannot wait to see what new humor and graphics are in store in the next installment.
    I give this game an “A”.

WARNING THIS GAME MAY CAUSE;
    Forgetting your spouse Forgetting your anniversary.
    Forgetting your wedding day. Forgetting you have parents.
    Forgetting Mother’s Day. Forgetting Father’s Day
    Forgetting you have kids Forgetting to sleep.
    Special warning for accountants: This game may cause you to smile uncontrollably
  30. Jun 28, 2013
    It was awesome to go back and revisit this game using 2013 technology. Al Lowe and company have done an excellent job of updating the game but not to a point where it loses any of its original charm. The handpainted backgrounds are gorgeous, the voice acting is excellent and all around it's just a really fun, nostalgic experience.

Also, it seems like a lot of people are complaining

Also, it seems like a lot of people are complaining about the age verification at the beginning of the game which is a bit ridiculous considering it can be bypassed by pressing ctrl-alt-x, just like the original.

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Although the animation isn't what you expect, Larry's return makes you laugh. It proves that adventure games aren't relics, and that something we considered funny as we were kids is still funny. The game relies on nostalgia, but adds its own flavor to the mix. [Aug 2013]
    A technologically excellent and humorous remake of the original Larry game is an enjoyable little game. Especially for those contemporaries of the once famous series, who are now overgrown by moss. [Issue#232]
  3. Sep 13, 2013
    I just sat there and gambled until I finally felt so angry with the game that I wanted to stab my screen. [Nov 2013, p.78]