Little Inferno PC

7.5

1. Apr 22, 2016
    Being a fan of World of Goo, I was drawn to this game with expectations of something bizarrely similar in scope. While I was not disappointed in what I got from the game for my completion, I can definitely say, it is let down heavily by it lack of replayability. While you could say the same of World of Goo to a certain extent, there is still enough about it to keep you trying to improveBeing a fan of World of Goo, I was drawn to this game with expectations of something bizarrely similar in scope. While I was not disappointed in what I got from the game for my completion, I can definitely say, it is let down heavily by it lack of replayability. While you could say the same of World of Goo to a certain extent, there is still enough about it to keep you trying to improve little by little. This game, once you have completed it has nothing to draw you back. 100 burning combinations are all it offers and minimal narrative. Expand
  2. Aug 27, 2015
    The story behind it definitely surpasses the actual gameplay. There are so many messages that can be taken from it and for a short game it isn't bad. It can just become a little repetitive I suppose.
  3. Jun 14, 2015
    SCORE: 7.3/10

Innovative, quirky, and fun despite a very Seinfeldian "about nothing" premise. You buy toys, you burn toys, and then you buy more toys. You burn them in combos to earn extra coin. The commentary and light story along the well are very well done. The graphics are cute and fit the game well. It was a fun 3 hours and I recommend the game if you can find it on sale.
  4. Jan 13, 2015
    I enjoyed myself enough for the €3 I spent on it I guess. I was disappointed by the "story" though. From what I've read I expected, well something. It was cute, and I had a chuckle at times but the ending didn't make any sense. Why implement such an ending if you're not gonna explain anything? I'm very confused by this.
  5. Sep 6, 2014
    It's not quite a game and more of an interactive fiction piece. It's fun to watch how things burn, but there's not a lot of challenge apart from finding combos. The quirky humor caries it through the few hours you'll spend playing it, but there's not a lot of replay value. The soundtrack and art aesthetic, however, are fantastic.
  6. Jun 10, 2014
    Otra experiencia interactiva bastante loca, el arranque parece sencillo y sin sentido pero acaba atrapando por su sencillez y por la sensación de que oculta muchos secretos y una narrativa más compleja de lo que parece. Buena compra en rebajas.
  7. May 17, 2014
    Good game, but with a very limited period of life. You'll play for up to five hours because you will end the story, then you will uninstall the game because restart the story again is totally unnecessary because there is only one possible outcome. At the end of the story, you can start burning objects, but that's it. In short, a game that is too short for its price, and that deserves aGood game, but with a very limited period of life. You'll play for up to five hours because you will end the story, then you will uninstall the game because restart the story again is totally unnecessary because there is only one possible outcome. At the end of the story, you can start burning objects, but that's it. In short, a game that is too short for its price, and that deserves a longer story, or with several options. Expand
  8. Dec 7, 2013
    Little Inferno was a relaxing and charming game with its own flair. This was definitely the first "fireplace simulator" I had ever played and I finished it in one sitting. The game play was boring but it had its own unique tale which kept me intrigued until the very end.
  9. Nov 30, 2013
    A fun game for about 30 mins, but after that things get tedious and repetitive. Order items from a catalog, burn them, try to make combos, repeat. The time constraint on having your packages delivered is frustrating given that it's sole purpose seems to be wasting your time. Even so, I played through the entire game to see what the story was about. Unfortunately the ending was a bit of aA fun game for about 30 mins, but after that things get tedious and repetitive. Order items from a catalog, burn them, try to make combos, repeat. The time constraint on having your packages delivered is frustrating given that it's sole purpose seems to be wasting your time. Even so, I played through the entire game to see what the story was about. Unfortunately the ending was a bit of a let down just like everything else. Expand
  10. Jul 15, 2013
    This game's score is solely depends on whether you like mini puzzle games to spend time in or you want some storyline and character development in a game.

Don't get me wrong, this game has some flaws of course. First of all, it is not that long and will not take long before you complete it. Some puzzles are really easy or requires some sort of common knowledge, but Google usually helps you with references. Also some more animations or special items might have been better and finally, this game requires a DLC A.S.A.P.

The game is simple: you are basically burning up things and get money from them and with that money, you buy other stuff to burn. The trick is, there are some combos between some items that requires you to burn them together. For example (this is not a spoiler since this is not an existing combo) burning a sugar and a car will get you Sugar Rush Combo. Puzzles depends on the name of items, the description of items or some pop culture references.

As of today, the game is on Steam Summer Sale so I strongly suggest you to buy it, you will not be sorry
  11. AWG
    Jun 22, 2013
    This game allows you to burn things to get combos and Steam achievements. Could it be any bad? It could not. And in fact it isn't. Little Inferno will never be remembered as a great game (it's not really "great", and it's not even really a game) but it's a funny way to spend some hours.
    The final sequence is boring as hell but ehi you don't have to watch it all.
  12. Jun 10, 2013
    A short game, not really good but not really bad either. Yeah, I get that this is a parody, but it isn't really playable after the first five minutes. Wouldn't buy for the original price, maybe for a buck or so ;p
  13. May 30, 2013
    Little Inferno is a game where you progress by purchasing and burning various objects while getting combos and earning more money.

I had expected a terrible game after reading some of the reviews. I hated Doodle God with a passion, and Little Inferno has similar gameplay. However, I found myself loving this game for its short duration. The game's atmosphere is wonderful, and the story is short, but very enjoyable. I love the items too... they're funny and they're entertaining when they burn.

The gameplay is a bit lackluster. The combos make sense most of the time, but a small handful of them require some moon logic. A bit of the time is spent waiting for items to arrive... you really have to manage time well to avoid sitting and doing nothing.

Thankfully, everything else makes up for the gameplay. The story, graphics, and sound are on par with World of Goo, which was phenomenal. Overall, I found this to be a very enjoyable experience, and I'd recommend it to anyone that can enjoy a more patient game. Wait for it to go on sale, though... I beat it in only a few hours.
  14. Apr 20, 2013
    If you're someone who doesn't really care about story-line and comes for game-play, I can already tell you this game probably isn't your fit. But, regardless, this game has an amazingly deep story hidden under it. The game-play can get a bit tedious at times, but you're drive for the story makes you persevere through it. The art style is really unique, and just compliments the bits ofIf you're someone who doesn't really care about story-line and comes for game-play, I can already tell you this game probably isn't your fit. But, regardless, this game has an amazingly deep story hidden under it. The game-play can get a bit tedious at times, but you're drive for the story makes you persevere through it. The art style is really unique, and just compliments the bits of humor throughout the game. Overall, this is a pretty sweet nice experience if you've got the money just lying around. Expand
  15. Mar 24, 2013
    Ahh, here we are again with another great game by the Tomorrow Corporation (formerly known as 2D Boy). Their most famous other game is the legendary World of Goo, a game that was so deep and so challenging, that it tickled minds while blowing them at the same time. So, is Little Inferno of World of Goo Quality? I'm sorry to say that that's not the case here. Nothing could be such aAhh, here we are again with another great game by the Tomorrow Corporation (formerly known as 2D Boy). Their most famous other game is the legendary World of Goo, a game that was so deep and so challenging, that it tickled minds while blowing them at the same time. So, is Little Inferno of World of Goo Quality? I'm sorry to say that that's not the case here. Nothing could be such a masterpiece as World of Goo was, even if it's by the same people. But of all the games I've played, Little Inferno game me the familiar feeling that I was playing a game by the same people. It was a nice feeling as it always is. Little Inferno is really more of a fun experimental game rather than a real big game. The gameplay to it is so simple. Buy things, burn them for more money, find combos. Rinse and repeat. But where the game truly shines is in its storytelling. It tells a story of a world that's freezing as it constantly snows. It has gotten to the point where a fireplace where you burn whatever has been considered a toy for entertainment. How aware this game can become and how deep it's meaning becomes is just amazing. But there are three glaring issues. Since it's by the same people, the game has to be compared to World of Goo, and putting the two against each other, Little Inferno sadly doesn't stand a chance. The second problem is that the game is way too easy to beat. There are few combos that really make you experiment as many tend to be so easy, it's almost idiotic. The last problem I have with it is that for how little game you're given, they ask for quite a bit for a game that wastes your time quite a bit just to make a point. They do it quite well I will admit, but this game shouldn't cost us $10. I got it on sale but it wasn't really worth as much to me. I bought World of Goo for that much and it felt like it was worth so much more. So whether or not you think Little Inferno is worth your time is up to you. Despite all my complaints, I loved the game. The question really is: How much patience do you have? The game wastes time, but do you think it will be time well wasted? Expand
  16. Mar 15, 2013
    'Tis on sale as I speak for 4 dollars until march 18. It's fun, but not in long periods of time. It's not worth a 10$ purchase, but it's worth a 4$ purchase. I got mostly what I wanted from the 4$ purchase. If I bought this when it was 10$, I would give it a 5, because it was overpriced. Anyways, onto the review.

Things I like- -Good story. -Burning things. -Explosions. Things I

Things I like-
    -Good story.
    -Burning things.
    -Explosions.

Things I dislike-
    -It's not good for long periods. Play it in short bursts.

Buy this game when it's on sale. Like it is now. Go buy it on steam for 4$, unless you are reading this after March 18 2013. If it goes on sale after that, buy it then,
  17. Mar 15, 2013
    I got this game on sale today for $4. Had I paid another cent I would've been furious. As it is, I've beaten the game within four hours today and have paid $1 per hour of fun. For a game that typically boasts a $10-$15 price tag there should be MUCH more content. While everything I've said is nothing you haven't already heard about this game I'll offer this: If you can get the game on saleI got this game on sale today for $4. Had I paid another cent I would've been furious. As it is, I've beaten the game within four hours today and have paid $1 per hour of fun. For a game that typically boasts a $10-$15 price tag there should be MUCH more content. While everything I've said is nothing you haven't already heard about this game I'll offer this: If you can get the game on sale (Like this weekend, 3/15/13 until 3/18) do it and do it with the knowledge that you're buying a $4 toy, not a game. That's what Little Inferno is: a toy. Sadly, this toy loses it's charm after the first play-through, and the "ending" is about as useless as a flat tire (and that's how it comes across: flat). Come to think of it, perhaps the $4 sale price is STILL too high. If you have $4 to burn (pun intended) and you haven't already played the Binding of Isaac (or another excellent $4/$5 game), you could do slightly worse than this somewhat charming game. Expand
  18. Feb 2, 2013
    This type of game is what you might call a time killer game. It is very interesting and pretty addicting for a short period with it's display of fiery mayhem! Pyromaniacs will love the heck out of a game like this! As for it's story; It is very simple yet funny. It is defiantly worth getting the ending to see what happens, so there is a reason to play it, rather than just to burn things.This type of game is what you might call a time killer game. It is very interesting and pretty addicting for a short period with it's display of fiery mayhem! Pyromaniacs will love the heck out of a game like this! As for it's story; It is very simple yet funny. It is defiantly worth getting the ending to see what happens, so there is a reason to play it, rather than just to burn things. Defiantly worth it's price! Expand
  19. Jan 15, 2013
    Pretty fun and setting things on fire as the main focus of game play is a new mechanic for me. It has an interesting "story" if you will that gets you thinking. Not much of a reason for another play through after you beat it. I would put this in the rent category but given its limitations, you're not missing much.
  20. Jan 12, 2013
    It is a good game, but it is way too short and simple to get a good score. If there was other catalogs, adventures, and other stuff... It would be much better.
  21. Jan 6, 2013
    Cute little game with a generally fun combo-matching mechanic, a satisfying flame effect and good humor in the writing and excellent animations. Unfortunately it spends far too much effort trying to tell a moralistic story and the end is just pretentious - worse, it takes forever to get to its point by adding way, way too much padding dialog. That said it'd be worth picking up on sale.
  22. Nov 20, 2012
    The game is somewhat fun, and the visual style is very pleasing. So is the humour. It is a game from the developers of "World of Goo", visually and stylistically they are very similar. However, this is where similarities end. "Little Inferno" is not a game in a normal sense of word, you just take different toys and watch them burn in the fireplace. With over a hundred different toys withThe game is somewhat fun, and the visual style is very pleasing. So is the humour. It is a game from the developers of "World of Goo", visually and stylistically they are very similar. However, this is where similarities end. "Little Inferno" is not a game in a normal sense of word, you just take different toys and watch them burn in the fireplace. With over a hundred different toys with different animations you will have some fun indeed, but it quickly get repetitive. You will skim through all toys in a few hours, There's no real challenge. You need to find "combos" (burn specific items together) to progress, and while the game gives you hints on the available combos, it is still largely trial and error. Having to accumulate money to buy toys and wait for them to deliver/restock makes this process more of a burden than fun. The story is thin and unsatisfying. While some fourth-wall breaking adds a pleasant twist, it just is too simple. It doesn't really develop most of the themes hinted through the game.

Overall, while this game can be fun, it definitely a very short one and also a fun not for everyone. Nowhere near to World of Goo.
  23. Mar 17, 2013
    This game do have the narrative, artstyle, music and charm to be really good. The gameplay is sadly a joke. Its about putting stuff inside your fireplace and burning them. Which might sound like an intriguing setting for a puzzle game. This is however not a puzzle game. The gameplay is based around buying stuff from a catalog, waiting for the stuff to arrive, putting them in yourThis game do have the narrative, artstyle, music and charm to be really good. The gameplay is sadly a joke. Its about putting stuff inside your fireplace and burning them. Which might sound like an intriguing setting for a puzzle game. This is however not a puzzle game. The gameplay is based around buying stuff from a catalog, waiting for the stuff to arrive, putting them in your fireplace, lighting them on fire, waiting for the fire to go out and then repeating the process. And this gets old kind of fast. The only puzzle-like element in this game is that you get combos needed to advance by burning two specific items together based around a vague achievement-like sentence found at the top of your screen. Which aint all that satisfying. The story in this game might have its charm but when the gameplay is both dull and unsatisfying you start to wonder why they chose to make a video-game instead of a movie. But it doesn't matter if you consider this an interactive movie or a video game. I do personally not recommend this entertainment product since i didn't have a good time with it. And it aint more complicated than that. Collapse

1. PC PowerPlay
    Feb 6, 2013
    A short experiment based around a fairly oblique puzzle system, Litter Inferno succeeds as a compelling curio. [Feb 2013, p.75]
  2. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 4, 2013
    Little Inferno has a story to tell. It has neither beginning, nor end. It sports but a few characters, and does not care for correct narrative structure. It will leave you with plenty of questions, all of them unanswered. But it will accomplish what few games can. It will mesmerize you. It will awaken your imagination and force you to think of your own ending. It will move you and make you beg for more! [February 2013]
  3. PC Gamer
    Feb 1, 2013
    Little Inferno's argument against games I would never elect to play left me rather cold. [March 2013, p.79]