7.6

1. AWG
    Jun 22, 2013
    This game allows you to burn things to get combos and Steam achievements. Could it be any bad? It could not. And in fact it isn't. Little Inferno will never be remembered as a great game (it's not really "great", and it's not even really a game) but it's a funny way to spend some hours.
    The final sequence is boring as hell but ehi you don't have to watch it all.
  2. Mar 17, 2013
    This game do have the narrative, artstyle, music and charm to be really good. The gameplay is sadly a joke. Its about putting stuff inside your fireplace and burning them. Which might sound like an intriguing setting for a puzzle game. This is however not a puzzle game. The gameplay is based around buying stuff from a catalog, waiting for the stuff to arrive, putting them in your fireplace, lighting them on fire, waiting for the fire to go out and then repeating the process. And this gets old kind of fast. The only puzzle-like element in this game is that you get combos needed to advance by burning two specific items together based around a vague achievement-like sentence found at the top of your screen. Which aint all that satisfying. The story in this game might have its charm but when the gameplay is both dull and unsatisfying you start to wonder why they chose to make a video-game instead of a movie. But it doesn't matter if you consider this an interactive movie or a video game. I do personally not recommend this entertainment product since i didn't have a good time with it. And it aint more complicated than that. Expand
  3. May 30, 2013
    Little Inferno is a game where you progress by purchasing and burning various objects while getting combos and earning more money.

I had expected a terrible game after reading some of the reviews. I hated Doodle God with a passion, and Little Inferno has similar gameplay. However, I found myself loving this game for its short duration. The game's atmosphere is wonderful, and the story
    is short, but very enjoyable. I love the items too... they're funny and they're entertaining when they burn.

The gameplay is a bit lackluster. The combos make sense most of the time, but a small handful of them require some moon logic. A bit of the time is spent waiting for items to arrive... you really have to manage time well to avoid sitting and doing nothing.

Thankfully, everything else makes up for the gameplay. The story, graphics, and sound are on par with World of Goo, which was phenomenal. Overall, I found this to be a very enjoyable experience, and I'd recommend it to anyone that can enjoy a more patient game. Wait for it to go on sale, though... I beat it in only a few hours.
  4. Jun 10, 2013
    A short game, not really good but not really bad either. Yeah, I get that this is a parody, but it isn't really playable after the first five minutes. Wouldn't buy for the original price, maybe for a buck or so ;p
  5. May 28, 2013
    If you're expecting something like world of goo you would be extremely disappointed and anything remotely close comes really at the end, which most people wouldn't even have played it that far. The game itself is boring and seems very uninspired. Certainly not your money's worth if you expect a puzzle game, no, all you do is burn stuff. That's it, not even a scent of puzzle solving. That's how shallow this game is. Would avoid if possible, mine came in my humble bundle, but I wouldn't even consider it a bonus. Expand
  6. Aug 17, 2013
    This is a completely, totally, and utterly terrible "game". Let me summarize the entire game for you: You have coins. You spend these coins on items to burn. Burning those items gets you coins. This is the entire game. There are no tricks to this you can just set anything on fire by clicking on it. There's nothing else to the game. It is 100% setting things on fire in your fireplace. Over and over and over again.

There is some attempt to add a puzzle to the game with "combos", where you get a little gold star for burning the right two (or three) items together, but there's nothing special about burning them together other than the specific combo name nothing special happens.

The game is not really even a game so much as it is an utter waste of time. It feels like some terrible social game, as you don't even get the items you ordered instantly but have to wait for them to arrive, just so you can burn them.

The game takes hours to go through and gives you nothing in return. Do not buy this game. Do not play this game. It is utter drivel.
  7. Jul 30, 2013
    It's funny, it's strange, it's novel. This is basically a story that you progress through as you burn combinations of things in a fireplace. There are a 100 combinations to find, and all you know are the combination names. Hmm, cold war combo? What could that be? Must browse catalogs, order stuff, burn! I loved it and it made me laugh.
  8. Nov 30, 2013
    A fun game for about 30 mins, but after that things get tedious and repetitive. Order items from a catalog, burn them, try to make combos, repeat. The time constraint on having your packages delivered is frustrating given that it's sole purpose seems to be wasting your time. Even so, I played through the entire game to see what the story was about. Unfortunately the ending was a bit of a let down just like everything else. Expand
  9. Jun 2, 2013
    2D are back, this time with something VERY new! This is an alternative take on all those "Fireplace" apps you see on the app store, While most of those "Fireplace" apps are pointless crap, Little Inferno is far from it, it's a sandbox style burn-a-ton-of-crap game, there are over 100 items to burn and it's different every time thanks to the dynamic fire engine made specifically for this game, it spreads realistically and it's satisfying to watch, you can combine any of the 100 items to make a different outcome, you can even burn pictures of real people that the game can snap right off your facebook, the game has a subtle story and lightly plays behind you but isn't important at all, then there is the combo system that are the grunt of the game, experiment with different combinations to gain rewards:More items(Including 1-off items from the story)

This is not the sequel to World Of Goo, While the game is referenced multiple times, it's purely a fan factor inserted by 2D, This is again going to start a new genre of casual gaming that isn't dull puzzle games(Which lets be fair, World Of Goo started), for a £6 title, this game is worth every penny and right now, you can get it for £4 on humble bundle with 6 other great indie titles! The critic's do the game no justice, 2D attempted to make a dynamic sandbox fireplace game and they did it well too, This game is no more and no less than that and I found it incredibly entertaining and not once did a flaw jump out at me, thats why Little Inferno gets a perfect score!
  10. Apr 20, 2013
    I've just finished it and I'm quite surprised about how much fun and surprises this game supposed to me.
    It's quite simple and slow paced, but is quite enjoyable playing relaxed and attending to the hidden story.
    Maybe I'm happier with it because I took it on a Steam offer, getting it for 2 bucks or similar...
    In my opinion, good game!
  11. Nov 20, 2012
    I was a HUGE fan of 2D Boy's first game called World of Goo. It was a work of art from the art style, the music, the puzzles, and most importantly the gameplay and story. Right when I saw Little Inferno on steam I got very excited to see what these guys would bring in the realm of great puzzles and interesting stories next but I was extremely dissapointed and honestly feel ripped off. Not many games have made me actually feel ripped off as if I payed too much for the product. Off the top of my head the games that I have honestly REGRETED purchasing were dead island, AC revelations/brotherhood, and now Little Inferno. The great art style and amazing soundtrack is still there but thats where anything good ends. Let me summarize this game for you so you can decide if you want to purchase this without any spoilers:

-The game consists entireley of buying (with fake currency) a toy or object, dragging it with other objects into a sqaure fire place and buring them together trying to get combinations of 2 or 3 together. A small hint is supplied for each combo. That is literally 99% of this game. There are a few cool effects that some of the objects have with each other or with fire but thats only cool the first time, not the [explitive] 30th time you burn that crap. I literally felt nauseaus and had a headache after playing this game, there is no actual puzzle to stimulate your mind or challenge you, it is literally just reading a hint like "bear trap" and buying a bear toy and a trap toy and burning them together to get more coins to do the whole process over again with a different toy. My intelligence felt insulted from this game, I started playing it thinking, "Okay this is just the beginning, the whole game cant possibly just be this" and lo and behold that is all the game consists of short of a ***minor spoilers*** very short, confusing, and non interesting albeit slightly funny ending sequence that Tomorrow Corp (2D Boy) tried to make seem interesting with slightt "mysterious" letters sent to you throughout the game.

Please dont think for a SECOND that this game is anywhere near as good, interesting, or even charming as World of Goo. Thats the only reason that I bought this game and I will NEVER be tricked by 2D Boy again, even if they change there name a third time. This literally felt like a [expletive]ing childs game suitable for an age range of 2-at the very most 10 but whats worse is I wouldnt even suggest it for children because it could give them the idea to play with fire so it obviously wasnt even geared towards children. Save your money but if you absolutely must have it and dont beleive me, then at least wait for a steam sale or a Humble Indie bundle with the game, I wouldnt even buy this game for $5 unless that went to helping a charity. Youve lost a big fan 2D Boy aka Tomorrow Corp, but world of goo shall still remain one of my favorite games.
  12. Mar 15, 2013
    I got this game on sale today for $4. Had I paid another cent I would've been furious. As it is, I've beaten the game within four hours today and have paid $1 per hour of fun. For a game that typically boasts a $10-$15 price tag there should be MUCH more content. While everything I've said is nothing you haven't already heard about this game I'll offer this: If you can get the game on sale (Like this weekend, 3/15/13 until 3/18) do it and do it with the knowledge that you're buying a $4 toy, not a game. That's what Little Inferno is: a toy. Sadly, this toy loses it's charm after the first play-through, and the "ending" is about as useless as a flat tire (and that's how it comes across: flat). Come to think of it, perhaps the $4 sale price is STILL too high. If you have $4 to burn (pun intended) and you haven't already played the Binding of Isaac (or another excellent $4/$5 game), you could do slightly worse than this somewhat charming game. Expand
  13. Jan 6, 2013
    Cute little game with a generally fun combo-matching mechanic, a satisfying flame effect and good humor in the writing and excellent animations. Unfortunately it spends far too much effort trying to tell a moralistic story and the end is just pretentious - worse, it takes forever to get to its point by adding way, way too much padding dialog. That said it'd be worth picking up on sale.
  14. Jan 28, 2013
    It's a cool indie game. A little overpriced right now so wait for one of those huge discount indie sale bundle things to get it. All in all I had a good time with it and spent a day playing it while it was snowing outside (clutch). It kept me warm while I got some laughs and had some fun. I don't see people playing this more than a day but it's relatively cheap so it is what it is as they say.
  15. Jan 30, 2013
    Little Inferno has good basic idea, but it doesn't prevent the frustration when you have played for a while: it gets very repetitive. Developers might have tried to do simple and fun game, but game is too simple and idea does not evolve during gameplay. It is the big minus. Maybe this game could be nice and simple for kids.
  16. Mar 18, 2014
    I am massively surprised about this games low score, from my experience, it's fantastic!

Pros:
    Charm
    Surprisingly emotional
    Unbeatable soundtrack
    FIRE!!!!

Cons:
    Item delivery times get tedious

Little inferno is unique, but can be slow at times...you can also burn a toaster, what more could you want?
  17. Sep 11, 2013
    I need just one word to describe this masterpiece: Art.

Little Inferno is more than a game. It is a way of communication between the developers and the player. It's far more than just burning random objects. You will be trapped by the beauty of the fire, by the depth of the story and by the epicness of the soundtrack.

Just play it, and you will experience one of the most engaging
    indie game ever made. My congratulations to Tomorrow Corporation "the Future is.... Tomorrow". Expand
  18. Mar 24, 2013
    Ahh, here we are again with another great game by the Tomorrow Corporation (formerly known as 2D Boy). Their most famous other game is the legendary World of Goo, a game that was so deep and so challenging, that it tickled minds while blowing them at the same time. So, is Little Inferno of World of Goo Quality? I'm sorry to say that that's not the case here. Nothing could be such a masterpiece as World of Goo was, even if it's by the same people. But of all the games I've played, Little Inferno game me the familiar feeling that I was playing a game by the same people. It was a nice feeling as it always is. Little Inferno is really more of a fun experimental game rather than a real big game. The gameplay to it is so simple. Buy things, burn them for more money, find combos. Rinse and repeat. But where the game truly shines is in its storytelling. It tells a story of a world that's freezing as it constantly snows. It has gotten to the point where a fireplace where you burn whatever has been considered a toy for entertainment. How aware this game can become and how deep it's meaning becomes is just amazing. But there are three glaring issues. Since it's by the same people, the game has to be compared to World of Goo, and putting the two against each other, Little Inferno sadly doesn't stand a chance. The second problem is that the game is way too easy to beat. There are few combos that really make you experiment as many tend to be so easy, it's almost idiotic. The last problem I have with it is that for how little game you're given, they ask for quite a bit for a game that wastes your time quite a bit just to make a point. They do it quite well I will admit, but this game shouldn't cost us $10. I got it on sale but it wasn't really worth as much to me. I bought World of Goo for that much and it felt like it was worth so much more. So whether or not you think Little Inferno is worth your time is up to you. Despite all my complaints, I loved the game. The question really is: How much patience do you have? The game wastes time, but do you think it will be time well wasted? Collapse
  19. Jan 15, 2013
    Pretty fun and setting things on fire as the main focus of game play is a new mechanic for me. It has an interesting "story" if you will that gets you thinking. Not much of a reason for another play through after you beat it. I would put this in the rent category but given its limitations, you're not missing much.
  20. Dec 7, 2013
    This game is a fun little toy...You burn stuff. Thats all there is. The items do special stuff (Like credit card burst into money.) And there are some puzzle aspects in the game like combining items. But the part that I LOVE is the story and art design. the first 2 hours is you burning stuff but the last 15mins is a amazing story. I would wait tip this game is on sale it is not worth the price.
  21. Jun 7, 2013
    Little Inferno is fun at first, but soon it gets old just burning things that do slightly different things, and the fact that you have to wait for new items to come, is just wrong, it makes it feel like a Facebook game, which are barely games. All-in-all, this is a toy, to finish it I had to pull up another game to play while I was waiting for items to come. I don't find it very entertaining and it's story is repetitive. Expand
  22. Aug 22, 2013
    Come on, everyone loves burning things! But seriously, this gameplay is very simple but strangely addicting and enjoyable. I expected good gameplay from this, and I got good gameplay. What I didn't expect was the story. I had no idea that a game like this could have a story. It was actually really deep and I really enjoyed it. It got me thinking, it really did. You need try this out, don't listen to critics, this game is amazing. Expand
  23. Nov 19, 2012
    I would not call this a game in the traditional sense; instead it
  24. Fix
    Nov 21, 2012
    Little Inferno is unlike any game you've played before. I wouldn't consider myself a casual gamer, but I was entertained from beginning to end. Just sit back, burn different toys together to figure out the combos, and watch as a story unfolds.
  25. Nov 22, 2012
    I admit, I expected a very smart puzzle game and what i got was a very casual sandbox and i still liked it.
    It's a lot of fun playing around with the mechanics. But I would have given it a 7 at most. But then the ending came (after about 3-4 hours). And never has a game managed to make me question myself and the whole gaming world as much as in the final few minutes of this game. It's
    true, it's not really a game, it's a statement. An epic interactive story which makes you think and question the way games are played nowadays and how big corporations try everything to pull as much money as possible out of your pocket.
    You can also see it as a story of hope, a kick in the a** if you will.
    Some people don't want that from a game, i understand that. These people won't like it at all.
    This is a wonderful breath of fresh air and will not be forgotten very soon.
  26. Mar 15, 2013
    Yes, it's a short game with somewhat monotonous gameplay, yadda yadda. The story and ending MORE than make up for it though. I liken it to Portal 2 in that I personally found the puzzles tedious to traverse, but it was well worth getting through them to see the epic bits of the story in between. Much like Portal 2, it's one of those games where the experience will stick with you for a very long time. The gameplay is based around burning items, which drop "Tomorrow Bucks" so that you can buy more things to burn. There are combos to achieve and many items have unique effects when burnt, so that side of the game is surprisingly fun. What I don't like is that you have to WAIT for the items to be delivered. It's not too bad in the beginning when they only take about five seconds to arrive, but for the last items near the end of the game you have to wait around five minutes, which is absurd. There are express delivery tokens which each take about thirty seconds off the delivery time of a single item, that you can get from completing combos and sometimes from burning items. But there are never really enough of them so you will end up running out a lot and having to wait the full delivery time.

The music, is excellent. I actually have some of the OST in my music playlist. The story I won't spoil but trust me, it is very very good. As for the cost, on Steam it has almost halved since the release, now costing £6.99.

I can see why people thought that £12 was a waste of money for this, as it only really takes about three to four hours to complete. But despite all of this game's little flaws, even for that much money I have got WAY more enjoyment out of it than your average generic and brown shooter that costs three times as much, And especially seeing as the price has dropped, I would highly recommend this game.
  27. Jul 15, 2013
    This game's score is solely depends on whether you like mini puzzle games to spend time in or you want some storyline and character development in a game.

Don't get me wrong, this game has some flaws of course. First of all, it is not that long and will not take long before you complete it. Some puzzles are really easy or requires some sort of common knowledge, but Google usually helps
    you with references. Also some more animations or special items might have been better and finally, this game requires a DLC A.S.A.P.

The game is simple: you are basically burning up things and get money from them and with that money, you buy other stuff to burn. The trick is, there are some combos between some items that requires you to burn them together. For example (this is not a spoiler since this is not an existing combo) burning a sugar and a car will get you Sugar Rush Combo. Puzzles depends on the name of items, the description of items or some pop culture references.

As of today, the game is on Steam Summer Sale so I strongly suggest you to buy it, you will not be sorry
  28. Nov 23, 2012
    It's not really a game per-say, but whatever it is, it's totally fun and awesome. Admittedly you're out of luck if you want in-depth puzzle solving, but frankly it's not like there's a lack of that in this marketplace, what it does offer that's rare and unique is spirit and humor, and a genre defying twist of gameplay I want more people trying.
  29. Mar 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Played this and found the game rather awesome (maybe because I just like to burn as many things as possible). The story is vague but that's what makes it unique and the little point and click adventure at the end throws some variation into the game, using some very cool narrative storytelling to finally explain what you have been doing all this time. A very unique, fun and thoughtful game. Expand
  30. Mar 16, 2013
    A ho hum indie game that set out to do something and did nothing. The 'gameplay' is watching things burn... it's basically an android game in terms of interaction. I get that some people find it fascinating but the reality is it shouldn't be more than a buck
  31. May 7, 2013
    Good game, maybe not worth the full price, because the gameplay is a bit monotonous. Apart from that, I really love the jokes in the game, and the burning of stuff is generally really fun stuff to do.
  32. Dec 26, 2012
    It gets old very quick. The entire game revolves around burning stuff in a fireplace. It's well executed, the artwork is pretty nice and the animations are fun and well done, but there's just not enough there to keep me interested. There's no story, and it's certainly not a masterpiece, as some reviews claim. There's also a very weird time delay on the stuff you can burn. I found myself literally staring at the screen waiting for my items to arrive from the ingame shop.. in a single player game. That's just inexcusable. Why would a developer want to bore their players like that? It's kinda like having a 2 minute respawn-time if you die or reload your game in Half-Life. Expand
  33. Mar 15, 2013
    'Tis on sale as I speak for 4 dollars until march 18. It's fun, but not in long periods of time. It's not worth a 10$ purchase, but it's worth a 4$ purchase. I got mostly what I wanted from the 4$ purchase. If I bought this when it was 10$, I would give it a 5, because it was overpriced. Anyways, onto the review. Things I like- -Good story. -Burning things. -Explosions. Things I dislike-
    -It's not good for long periods. Play it in short bursts.

Buy this game when it's on sale. Like it is now. Go buy it on steam for 4$, unless you are reading this after March 18 2013. If it goes on sale after that, buy it then,
  34. Mar 15, 2013
    A surprisingly good game! I purchased Little Inferno on sale from the developer's website (Tomorrow Corporation) for the sole purpose of getting the DRM-free version (the fact that it also came with a Steam version is entirely coincidental).
    If you are familiar with World of Goo, you will immediately notice that while Little Inferno is not related to World of Goo it is closely related in
    humor and style of gameplay because the designer is the same.
    I won't drop any spoilers, but I will say that if you like puzzles and nonsensical pyrotechnics then you may, in fact, enjoy this game as much as I did.
  35. gic
    Jan 3, 2014
    With it's unique art style and puzzle combos this indie masterpiece is definitely more than meets the eye.
    To understand the title you'll have to completely dive into it's story, intriguing music as well as catchy details.
    It's only problem is lack of flow to keep some players interested throughout the whole experience -overall monotous idea of burning stuff might be one of it's magical
    components but it should have at least been accompanied with narration. Expand
  36. Nov 20, 2012
    The game is somewhat fun, and the visual style is very pleasing. So is the humour. It is a game from the developers of "World of Goo", visually and stylistically they are very similar. However, this is where similarities end. "Little Inferno" is not a game in a normal sense of word, you just take different toys and watch them burn in the fireplace. With over a hundred different toys with different animations you will have some fun indeed, but it quickly get repetitive. You will skim through all toys in a few hours, There's no real challenge. You need to find "combos" (burn specific items together) to progress, and while the game gives you hints on the available combos, it is still largely trial and error. Having to accumulate money to buy toys and wait for them to deliver/restock makes this process more of a burden than fun. The story is thin and unsatisfying. While some fourth-wall breaking adds a pleasant twist, it just is too simple. It doesn't really develop most of the themes hinted through the game.

Overall, while this game can be fun, it definitely a very short one and also a fun not for everyone. Nowhere near to World of Goo.
  37. May 29, 2013
    Little Inferno is a unique gaming experience; that much is certainly true. Much like games like Doodle God or Little Alchemy, Little Inferno is about combining things; combining them, and then obliterating them with all-consuming fire. The game is darkly satirical, and it personally struck all the right chords with me. While the game is ridiculously simple in its one main form of interaction, it is strangely absorbing. A sick sense of morbid delight is elicited from you as you burn up sometimes cute, sometimes creepy toys and objects. The game has some strong themes reminiscent of Aldous Huxley's classic dystopian novel, Brave New World. While it provides cynical laughter over Huxley's pessimistic grimace, Little Inferno is genuinely moving from time to time, and upsetting and unnerving at others. Little Inferno's main problem is that it's rather short. My first playthrough (that is, from beginning of story to end, not a 100% completion mark) lasted a little over three hours. During all that time, though, I was either having fun or ruminating on the concepts the developers presented in a subtle, clever way. I do hate that, later in the game, when items get costlier, they also toke longer to generate; I would sometimes stare at my fireplace for a few minutes while they were shipped to me. It was an irksome stumbling block for my destructive habits. Finally, the final phase of the game was kind of slipshod. It felt tacked-on, rushed, and not altogether there. The final phase wasn't bad per se, or any less interesting than all the rest, it just introduced game play elements that didn't need to be there. Still, this game is worth experiencing, if only for the five hours spent revisiting the kid in you who used to burn anthills with a magnifying glass. Expand
  38. Dec 7, 2013
    Little Inferno was a relaxing and charming game with its own flair. This was definitely the first "fireplace simulator" I had ever played and I finished it in one sitting. The game play was boring but it had its own unique tale which kept me intrigued until the very end.
  39. Jun 9, 2013
    What an experience. This is not a mind-bender like Braid, or a building physics puzzler like World of Goo. Little Inferno is a charming little tale told in a unique way, backed up with some satisfying burny gameplay. There are tons of items to unlock, and subsequently burn to a crisp. Through the three hours it took me to complete the game, I didn't get bored. It was hardly taxing on the brain, but wasn't the point. The amazing score tops off this spellbinding game. Just play it. Expand
  40. Nov 21, 2012
    Little Inferno is a neat little game. It doesn't promise much and it delivers what it does: a fireplace simulator. Overall I enjoyed playing through it and I especially enjoyed the background story that was unfolded as I played. The only gripe I can think of is that it was a little too short. I played through quite conservatively, on and off, but if I'd have played in one sitting I would've finished it in about an hour. The price tag would need to be lowered significantly for this to be excused. Expand
  41. Jan 12, 2013
    It is a good game, but it is way too short and simple to get a good score. If there was other catalogs, adventures, and other stuff... It would be much better.
  42. Jan 19, 2013
    Fantastical adventure of the metaphor value of game mechanics. It's truly amazing much substance can spin off a simple burning simulator. Pay for the abnegation, play for the commentary of the story on the game industry.
  43. Nov 25, 2012
    Little Inferno is not a game. It is an experience to be had, with a message to be told. The environment and atmosphere settle you in and make you feel relaxed, and comfortable. Then, as the story unfolds, it gets more and more mysterious, and it becomes more and more suspenseful as you progress farther and farther. With hilarious touches of dark and light humor alike, beautiful graphics, and addictive gameplay, Little Inferno is a game I would recommend to anybody. But MAYBE not for $14.99. Expand
  44. Feb 2, 2013
    This type of game is what you might call a time killer game. It is very interesting and pretty addicting for a short period with it's display of fiery mayhem! Pyromaniacs will love the heck out of a game like this! As for it's story; It is very simple yet funny. It is defiantly worth getting the ending to see what happens, so there is a reason to play it, rather than just to burn things. Defiantly worth it's price! Expand
  45. Feb 21, 2013
    Part experience, part game Little Inferno takes a short while to start unfolding but the distinctive graphics, some nice emotional moments and some great music combined with some subtle (and not so subtle) satirical digs make this one of my favourite games of the past few years. And the ending is fantastic.
  46. Mar 15, 2013
    Generally, I just let people's opinions stand for themselves, but this game forced me to sign up on Metacritic to tell you this: this game stands perfect for everything it set out to do. This game, whether for 10 dollars or 4 dollars, at the price I bought it, is worth every single ounce of work you put behind that currency to buy it. It's relatively 4-5 hours long, depending on how long you wish to play with the effects and your ingenuity, but Little Inferno possesses the tones and themes of a classical literature piece. While at face value it either appears to be "yet another moody indie game" or just a sandbox waste of time, it slowly sheds this shallow skin, and when accompanied by such a moving and triumphant musical score, brings emotions to the surface. This game is not for everyone, but I will say that if you are either at an impasse in your life, waiting at the brink of something grand, or you are sitting stagnant for far too long, then it will resonate with you. The climax of the game is almost a religious experience, as if the tale of Oedipus embracing his blindness to shut himself off to the world, but played in reverse. Somehow, 2D Boy was able to keep me leaning forward, staring at a fireplace that had not changed for almost 4 hours. Truly, those who did not play till the very end are just like our friend Oedipus, earnest heart, but blind to the world. In short, this game surprised. I would recommend it. Also the gameplay is fun. Expand
  47. Apr 14, 2013
    I bought this game on a whim and I'm incredibly happy with myself that I did. I certainly don't regret it. I found myself completely immersed and entranced by the games universe that is filled with quirk and morbid charm. The gameplay is addicting and rewarding thanks to the combo system and realistic fire physics which makes burning objects extremely gratifying. This game took me only 5 hours to finish which is short but the ending alone really makes this game special for me. In fact, the ending to this game is probably one my favourite endings to any game I've played. Expand
  48. Apr 20, 2013
    If you're someone who doesn't really care about story-line and comes for game-play, I can already tell you this game probably isn't your fit. But, regardless, this game has an amazingly deep story hidden under it. The game-play can get a bit tedious at times, but you're drive for the story makes you persevere through it. The art style is really unique, and just compliments the bits of humor throughout the game. Overall, this is a pretty sweet nice experience if you've got the money just lying around. Expand
  49. May 29, 2013
    Cool! Very addictive game Burn, burn, burn... I can't stop. I can't explain it. And it is foolish to bad grades, just because it does not puzzle. No one promised puzzle!
  50. Oct 12, 2013
    This game was great fun, and quite relaxing. Good soundtrack and cute back story. It kept me interested throughout and some of the explosive combinations are very funny.
  51. Dec 25, 2013
    This successor of 2D Boy's first game World of Goo in my opinion is excellent. It certainly isn't for everyone, but it is an indie game, indie games are not for everyone. The art style and story telling are still in the same style that you are used from World of Goo. However the game play is certainly different.
    It is a game about burning items and while doing so it both mocks itself as
    well as the micro transaction trend in the gaming industry. Besides that it has an interesting story that is even more important than it was in World of Goo as well as more interesting. That is also necessary since without the story the game play alone wouldn't be enough to make this a good game, with the two combined it makes it an excellent game. Since it is often sold in the humble bundles you can get it for just a few dollars, for that price it is just perfect. A couple hours of fun and a nice story, going to the movies is more expensive and lasts shorter.

However if you don't care about a story a game is telling and only care about game play, this game probably isn't for you.
  52. Dec 31, 2013
    Very nice game. Nice story and a funny games if you don't have much time and want to play a game. If you rage, its a very nice game to calm down! I can only rate to buy and try it out!
  53. Jan 13, 2014
    Genius work; piece of art. Little Inferno not only give the strange, creative and amazing gameplay but also lead you into one of the greatest gaming atmospheres I've ever played.
  54. Mar 24, 2013

1. Feb 6, 2013
    A short experiment based around a fairly oblique puzzle system, Litter Inferno succeeds as a compelling curio. [Feb 2013, p.75]
    Little Inferno has a story to tell. It has neither beginning, nor end. It sports but a few characters, and does not care for correct narrative structure. It will leave you with plenty of questions, all of them unanswered. But it will accomplish what few games can. It will mesmerize you. It will awaken your imagination and force you to think of your own ending. It will move you and make you beg for more! [February 2013]
  3. Feb 1, 2013
    Little Inferno's argument against games I would never elect to play left me rather cold. [March 2013, p.79]