7.6

1. Fix
    Nov 21, 2012
    Little Inferno is unlike any game you've played before. I wouldn't consider myself a casual gamer, but I was entertained from beginning to end. Just sit back, burn different toys together to figure out the combos, and watch as a story unfolds.
  2. Nov 21, 2012
    Little Inferno is a neat little game. It doesn't promise much and it delivers what it does: a fireplace simulator. Overall I enjoyed playing through it and I especially enjoyed the background story that was unfolded as I played. The only gripe I can think of is that it was a little too short. I played through quite conservatively, on and off, but if I'd have played in one sitting I would've finished it in about an hour. The price tag would need to be lowered significantly for this to be excused. Expand
  3. Nov 23, 2012
    It's not really a game per-say, but whatever it is, it's totally fun and awesome. Admittedly you're out of luck if you want in-depth puzzle solving, but frankly it's not like there's a lack of that in this marketplace, what it does offer that's rare and unique is spirit and humor, and a genre defying twist of gameplay I want more people trying.
  4. Mar 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Played this and found the game rather awesome (maybe because I just like to burn as many things as possible). The story is vague but that's what makes it unique and the little point and click adventure at the end throws some variation into the game, using some very cool narrative storytelling to finally explain what you have been doing all this time. A very unique, fun and thoughtful game. Expand
  5. Jun 9, 2013
    What an experience. This is not a mind-bender like Braid, or a building physics puzzler like World of Goo. Little Inferno is a charming little tale told in a unique way, backed up with some satisfying burny gameplay. There are tons of items to unlock, and subsequently burn to a crisp. Through the three hours it took me to complete the game, I didn't get bored. It was hardly taxing on the brain, but wasn't the point. The amazing score tops off this spellbinding game. Just play it. Expand
  6. Nov 22, 2012
    I admit, I expected a very smart puzzle game and what i got was a very casual sandbox and i still liked it.
    It's a lot of fun playing around with the mechanics. But I would have given it a 7 at most. But then the ending came (after about 3-4 hours). And never has a game managed to make me question myself and the whole gaming world as much as in the final few minutes of this game. It's
    true, it's not really a game, it's a statement. An epic interactive story which makes you think and question the way games are played nowadays and how big corporations try everything to pull as much money as possible out of your pocket.
    You can also see it as a story of hope, a kick in the a** if you will.
    Some people don't want that from a game, i understand that. These people won't like it at all.
    This is a wonderful breath of fresh air and will not be forgotten very soon.
  7. Jun 2, 2013
    2D are back, this time with something VERY new! This is an alternative take on all those "Fireplace" apps you see on the app store, While most of those "Fireplace" apps are pointless crap, Little Inferno is far from it, it's a sandbox style burn-a-ton-of-crap game, there are over 100 items to burn and it's different every time thanks to the dynamic fire engine made specifically for this game, it spreads realistically and it's satisfying to watch, you can combine any of the 100 items to make a different outcome, you can even burn pictures of real people that the game can snap right off your facebook, the game has a subtle story and lightly plays behind you but isn't important at all, then there is the combo system that are the grunt of the game, experiment with different combinations to gain rewards:More items(Including 1-off items from the story)

This is not the sequel to World Of Goo, While the game is referenced multiple times, it's purely a fan factor inserted by 2D, This is again going to start a new genre of casual gaming that isn't dull puzzle games(Which lets be fair, World Of Goo started), for a £6 title, this game is worth every penny and right now, you can get it for £4 on humble bundle with 6 other great indie titles! The critic's do the game no justice, 2D attempted to make a dynamic sandbox fireplace game and they did it well too, This game is no more and no less than that and I found it incredibly entertaining and not once did a flaw jump out at me, thats why Little Inferno gets a perfect score!
  8. Oct 18, 2014
    This is art. It's hardly even a game, and the tacked on combos show it really doesn't want to be. It's a brief, incredible experience that force you to wait, and in turn to idle and think. A beautiful story not nearly as simple as it seems on the surface, wrapped up in fascinating moral dilemmas and tests of the player's humanity will blow your mind and make you think. I played it a good three and a half months ago and still think about it all the time. i still listen to the soundtrack, I still debate in my mind what the true messages were. Don't look it up. Don't read reviews. Stop it. Close those tabs. You found your game. The gameplay isn't "fun", but it isn't supposed to be. Especially recommended to fans of classic movies, literature or ESPECIALLY creative writing and advanced English studies. The less you know going in, the better.

Just don't quit until the ending. Believe in your heart that every seemingly monotonous task WILL be worth it in the end.
  9. Mar 15, 2013
    A surprisingly good game! I purchased Little Inferno on sale from the developer's website (Tomorrow Corporation) for the sole purpose of getting the DRM-free version (the fact that it also came with a Steam version is entirely coincidental).
    If you are familiar with World of Goo, you will immediately notice that while Little Inferno is not related to World of Goo it is closely related in
    humor and style of gameplay because the designer is the same.
    I won't drop any spoilers, but I will say that if you like puzzles and nonsensical pyrotechnics then you may, in fact, enjoy this game as much as I did.
  10. Feb 21, 2013
    Part experience, part game Little Inferno takes a short while to start unfolding but the distinctive graphics, some nice emotional moments and some great music combined with some subtle (and not so subtle) satirical digs make this one of my favourite games of the past few years. And the ending is fantastic.
  11. Mar 15, 2013
    Generally, I just let people's opinions stand for themselves, but this game forced me to sign up on Metacritic to tell you this: this game stands perfect for everything it set out to do. This game, whether for 10 dollars or 4 dollars, at the price I bought it, is worth every single ounce of work you put behind that currency to buy it. It's relatively 4-5 hours long, depending on how long you wish to play with the effects and your ingenuity, but Little Inferno possesses the tones and themes of a classical literature piece. While at face value it either appears to be "yet another moody indie game" or just a sandbox waste of time, it slowly sheds this shallow skin, and when accompanied by such a moving and triumphant musical score, brings emotions to the surface. This game is not for everyone, but I will say that if you are either at an impasse in your life, waiting at the brink of something grand, or you are sitting stagnant for far too long, then it will resonate with you. The climax of the game is almost a religious experience, as if the tale of Oedipus embracing his blindness to shut himself off to the world, but played in reverse. Somehow, 2D Boy was able to keep me leaning forward, staring at a fireplace that had not changed for almost 4 hours. Truly, those who did not play till the very end are just like our friend Oedipus, earnest heart, but blind to the world. In short, this game surprised. I would recommend it. Also the gameplay is fun. Expand
  12. May 29, 2013
    Cool! Very addictive game Burn, burn, burn... I can't stop. I can't explain it. And it is foolish to bad grades, just because it does not puzzle. No one promised puzzle!
  13. Oct 12, 2013
    This game was great fun, and quite relaxing. Good soundtrack and cute back story. It kept me interested throughout and some of the explosive combinations are very funny.
  14. gic
    Jan 3, 2014
    With it's unique art style and puzzle combos this indie masterpiece is definitely more than meets the eye.
    To understand the title you'll have to completely dive into it's story, intriguing music as well as catchy details.
    It's only problem is lack of flow to keep some players interested throughout the whole experience -overall monotous idea of burning stuff might be one of it's magical
    components but it should have at least been accompanied with narration. Expand
  15. Dec 31, 2013
    Very nice game. Nice story and a funny games if you don't have much time and want to play a game. If you rage, its a very nice game to calm down! I can only rate to buy and try it out!
  16. Jan 13, 2014
    Genius work; piece of art. Little Inferno not only give the strange, creative and amazing gameplay but also lead you into one of the greatest gaming atmospheres I've ever played.
  17. Mar 18, 2014
    I am massively surprised about this games low score, from my experience, it's fantastic!

Pros:
    Charm
    Surprisingly emotional
    Unbeatable soundtrack
    FIRE!!!!

Cons:
    Item delivery times get tedious

Little inferno is unique, but can be slow at times...you can also burn a toaster, what more could you want?
  18. Sep 28, 2014
    It's a great game, its not for everyone. I'll admit it was a little long, and there really is no point to playing it after you beat it. It's got a great soundtrack however. It's different from ANTHING you will ever play. Overall a great game.

1. Feb 6, 2013
    A short experiment based around a fairly oblique puzzle system, Litter Inferno succeeds as a compelling curio. [Feb 2013, p.75]
    Little Inferno has a story to tell. It has neither beginning, nor end. It sports but a few characters, and does not care for correct narrative structure. It will leave you with plenty of questions, all of them unanswered. But it will accomplish what few games can. It will mesmerize you. It will awaken your imagination and force you to think of your own ending. It will move you and make you beg for more! [February 2013]
  3. Feb 1, 2013
    Little Inferno's argument against games I would never elect to play left me rather cold. [March 2013, p.79]