6.0

1. Aug 27, 2013
    Huge disapointement. i liked the first lost planet and loved the second. The free moving, jumping and grapling anywhere you want of the first two where awesome. Lost planet 3 bring the brilliant concept trowing all that the window. Really?!? it want from awesome action packet shooter whith super mech to bland shooter and tedious mech walk. im giving 3 point for the graphic.
  2. Aug 27, 2013
    If you are a fan of the other two Lost Planet games skip this one. The game is pretty much trying to be Dead Space now. Also the game only launches 1 out of 10 times.
  3. Aug 28, 2013
    Spark Unlimited's best game yet, still terrible. This is one of the most generic formulaic games boring games I've ever played. It feels like work. There are already so many similar games out there, all of which will be at least some degree better than this. I see no reason to buy this. I will say some of the environments look really good but there is a lot of inconsistency, sometimesSpark Unlimited's best game yet, still terrible. This is one of the most generic formulaic games boring games I've ever played. It feels like work. There are already so many similar games out there, all of which will be at least some degree better than this. I see no reason to buy this. I will say some of the environments look really good but there is a lot of inconsistency, sometimes they look great sometimes not. I would strongly recommend against buying this game, even on sale. If you have to get it, the PC one looks better and doesn't lag as much. Expand
  4. Aug 28, 2013
    If you enjoyed the first two like I did, skip this installment due to the following: Crashes to desktop, hangs infinitely loading maps, can't mute ANYone's mic (so you get to hear someone's broken mic going completely crazy the entire match), lobby "host" gets to kick you if you kill them too much, grappling hook randomly goes where it wants (fires when you press it only 90% of the time),If you enjoyed the first two like I did, skip this installment due to the following: Crashes to desktop, hangs infinitely loading maps, can't mute ANYone's mic (so you get to hear someone's broken mic going completely crazy the entire match), lobby "host" gets to kick you if you kill them too much, grappling hook randomly goes where it wants (fires when you press it only 90% of the time), LAG oh how horrible the lag is which gives crap connections an advantage (you can be melee-ing someone multiple times from behind when you suddenly die from the same person), character animations used to be really smooth now they're N64 style, graphics are seriously mid-tier for PC (you will get stuck in the environment and you will take damage for it as well), weapon selection is crap now there is seriously a HUGE step back in variety with this game, mech (mech not MECHS) are almost non-existent and good for a spam kill or two before blowing up...the list of how frustrating this game is can go on for about an hour.

HUGE step back in the franchise, avoid it, the campaign is typical attempt to appeal to us "westerners" with it's new (horribly boring) story. Another reviewer also said it, Lost Planet 3 is trying to be like Dead Space now with it's atmosphere (even the menu music sounds like Dead Space's!), and they fail miserably. Wait for this game to be $5.
  5. Nov 11, 2013
    I`m Lost Planet fan since 2007. Own all games in the series on PC and X360. And i must say i`m totally disappointed with Lost Planet 3. This game is a garbage on all aspects animations look like PS2 or previous century PC, 'almost" open world is downloading every 2 minutes giving us stupid video logs nobody cares about, all details that were essential for LP are taken away (free anchor,I`m Lost Planet fan since 2007. Own all games in the series on PC and X360. And i must say i`m totally disappointed with Lost Planet 3. This game is a garbage on all aspects animations look like PS2 or previous century PC, 'almost" open world is downloading every 2 minutes giving us stupid video logs nobody cares about, all details that were essential for LP are taken away (free anchor, VSs, roll&shot, jump&shot, grenade shooting, rockets launcher, stun animation and many, many more) and are not replaced with anything valuable. This game shouldn`t be named Lost Planet. It has nothing to do with LP franchise but snow and few character names. But that`s not all. Game is horrible bugged and glitched. Many people can`t even start it or it crashes all the time and there is no patch 2 months after premiere... Multiplayer is worst experience i`ve ever had in video games. People who has DLC characters are invisible for these who don`t have it, same with some weapons, rank and progression is reset to 0 very often, Akrids act like bricks, lagg is everywhere even at people with very good connection indicator, you never know where your anchor will stick, FPS counter limited to 60 no matter what options you`ll set and what PC you have, etc. etc. etc. I could count endless things that are broken in this game. Won`t recommend this game to anybody even my worse enemy, The only good thing worth mentioning are locations and ice. EDN III looks really good and traveling with RIG is pretty fun especially when you`re allowed to play your MP3 (unfortunately game allows you only sometimes, when it wants it, not when you need it). Conclusion Don`t buy it. Don`t even think about this garbage. Go play Lost Planet 1, Lost Planet Colonies or even Lost Planet 2 (not perfect game but compared to LP3 it shines like a diamond). Expand
  6. Oct 11, 2013
    Great dialogue writing and acting can't help when the plot is boring and gameplay is so repetitive and irritating. Graphics are okay though. Stay away or you will be insanely bored and frustrated.
  7. Sep 9, 2013
    This game is sooo Lost.... Lost planet 1 was very good.. but this is a shame. 80% in this game is wrong.

DO NOT BUY THE GAME at least you play some "demo" first or see some reviews... Sad day...

Saludos.
  8. Sep 13, 2013
    First of all it should be noted, I loved Lost Planet 1 and 2, they were far from perfect but they had their own thing going for them.

And yes, the story of this is a little better written than the previous games. HOWEVER... The gameplay is lackluster, they took things that made the previous games enjoyable and scrapped them, trying to appeal to a more Dead-Space/Gears of War

And yes, the story of this is a little better written than the previous games.

HOWEVER...

The gameplay is lackluster, they took things that made the previous games enjoyable and scrapped them, trying to appeal to a more Dead-Space/Gears of War audience.

The camera is tighter making it infuriatingly difficult to spot when an enemy is approaching from behind, the grappling hook is practically gone (now instead used on selected ledges when you get a button prompt), the weapons are sluggish and ineffective, enemies weak spots are small and pointless, the Akrid have lost most of their bug like charm.

The fun Vital Suits are gone, instead replaced with the big RIG, which as an addition would have been kick ass but it feels like a feature downgrade. The HUD is temperamental, the Multi-player is a meagre 5v5 (and only a short while after release, apparently barren to) compared to the 8v8.

The reason I loved Lost Planet 1 and 2 (and I imagine most fans will agree) was their gameplay, sure it was a little slower and at time, cluttered and anarchic, which could be kind of infuriating but also fun, but it was different, it wasn't just 'Generic COD clone #425' or 'Third Person Shooter #233', it was Lost Planet, what Spark has tried to do here is gather more of an audience by replicating main stream games, and, without the budget those games are packing or the ground-up focus those games have, they've plummeted short.

The art is disappointing, while in Lost Planet 1 I could see and hear the crunches of the snow and in number 2 the jungle and desert environments were stunning, in here they just feel kinda bland, you feel like a guy walking over a movie set built to look like a snowed in wasteland, not like you're actually there, all in an attempt to make the game feel more survival horror, a-la Dead Space, again robbing the series of its own style.

What about the story that everyone's talking about? Yes, the characters are a little more relatable (or some of them are, whatever, I'll get to that in a second), yes the writing is better than Capcoms attempt, but the purpose of a game is to play, an area where this game falls DRASTICALLY short.

The writing and story is better and the voice acting for both the main character and Gale is pretty good, but some characters just sound bored, some of the voice actors did a terrible job, sounding like they're reading lines for a radio advert or something.

And on a slightly more personal note, the need to make everything darker and grittier is infuriating, seriously, I liked my slightly cheesy story with giant mechs, stirring speeches, a clear bad guy and glowing orange aliens, just because every other game decided they were going to paint the scenery and the story with an extra thick layer of grit doesn't mean you have to jump on board because hey, all the kids are buying that up.

So overall the writing is slightly better, if only slightly, but the gameplay is butchered in an attempt to mimic the 'big games', the enemies, environment, weapons, characters have all lost the things that made them unique, several key elements of play from previous games have been cut down to simple button prompts, removed entirely or over emphasized (such as weak points now being an absolute rather than a reward), and everything that made the series fun in its own way has been removed.

The multiplayer has been butchered, practically completely hacked off and is plagued by long waiting times and miniscule lobbies, a player backing out just before the start of a game will leave everyone else in the lobby in a state of Limbo as players can't leave, new players can't join and the game wont start until there's a full lobby (only remedied by completely quitting the game and restarting), with simple things like a mute player option missing, because a boolean is a hard thing to add.

The gameplay is still slightly enjoyable and some attention to writing is good to see, so while this isn't my cup of tea (and if you're a fan of the first two, probably not yours either) some people may find some enjoyment in this fairly generic shooter (hence the 4) but if you're a fan of the series give this a miss, it was built to try and please fans of the mainstream action games, not fans of the series.
  9. Nov 17, 2013
    I was a fan of the first game and i even liked the second part, but this game is just terrible. It has nothing in common with the previous games. It's just terrible. Seems like they wanted to make it look like Dead Space, but they failed, the gameplay is boring, like the plot. A great step back in the franchise.
  10. Sep 2, 2013
    Why did this even came on PC? DX9 Game with bad keyboard optimization and very "helpfull" boss checpoints, which let you see unskipable cinematics each time you die.
  11. Nov 17, 2013
    This game reminds me of ummm let me think. MAX PAYNE 3. You do like 4 hours of walking around. That's the game. The rest is cut scenes. Also the game looks okay. I used all the settings. Eg. Set it to Low then Medium... So forth. And I have to say you get the best performance on High. Also when your not walking around you are pulling a lever then walking somewhere else then pulling aThis game reminds me of ummm let me think. MAX PAYNE 3. You do like 4 hours of walking around. That's the game. The rest is cut scenes. Also the game looks okay. I used all the settings. Eg. Set it to Low then Medium... So forth. And I have to say you get the best performance on High. Also when your not walking around you are pulling a lever then walking somewhere else then pulling a lever. It's the same gameplay over and over again.
    I do not recommend this game.
  12. Dec 7, 2013
    i didn't play any game of the lost planet franchise and i decided to begin with that one (i wish i didn't) the game is not good at all i haven't played a game that is so repetitive or boring like this for a long time the story was really good but the gameplay ruined the game for me
  13. Dec 29, 2013
    I'm giving it a zero score because I can't run it without a workaround. No game should crash upon opening for a substantial amount of people. Before buying, google "lost planet 3 crashes upon opening". Today is December 29, 2013. It was released August 27. They've had plenty of time to update/put out patch.

Just pathetic.

1. Nov 22, 2013
    In the end, Lost Planet 3 isn't all that bad. The gameplay is solid enough as long as you're on foot, and the story is well acted even if it doesn't end up being very interesting.
  2. Sep 23, 2013
    Even if you haven't played any of the other Lost Planet games, Lost Planet 3 is a great game with a lot of action and a good story.
  3. Sep 19, 2013
    As weird and ironic it sounds, given the score, this is the finest game in the Lost Planet trilogy, and the most successful title ever made by Spark Unlimited. Because compared to the abysmal Lost Planet 2, this mediocrity is a huge step forward.