5.9

1. Aug 27, 2013
    Great story and voice acting. It takes a whole new spin on the series going back to the beginning. You have control of a Rig which is like your personal Mechwarrior, but you also leave the rig and use your weapons like pistol, shotgun, assault rifle, etc. Great game and enjoying every minute of it so far. Single player alone is worth getting the game for but there also Multiplayer whichGreat story and voice acting. It takes a whole new spin on the series going back to the beginning. You have control of a Rig which is like your personal Mechwarrior, but you also leave the rig and use your weapons like pistol, shotgun, assault rifle, etc. Great game and enjoying every minute of it so far. Single player alone is worth getting the game for but there also Multiplayer which has multiple game modes. This is a must have game for any Lost Planet fan, and in general if you like third person action games or Mechwarrior, then you would like this game, I definitely suggest it. Expand
  2. Aug 27, 2013
    Don't pay attention to the negative reviews. Those are based on expectations. This is a more story driven mature game than the first 2. If it was released with a new franchise name without the expectations, it would have been voted much higher for the excellent character and story development, with a little less frenetic action.
  3. Oct 15, 2013
    After slightly more than a couple of hours in I'd rate this game an 8 8.5 out of 10 but is too early to fix this value, everything seems to be in place and waiting to correct my rating after finishing the game I'm gonna give a 10 just to balance what, for now, it seems a pretty unreasonable score.
  4. Oct 20, 2013
    What's with the bad reviews? I waited to buy this until I was able to purchase it for $20 because the reviews were so lousy, yet this is the best game in the Lost Planet series. Lost Planet 1 was mediocre, Lost Planet 2 was flat out bad, but Lost Planet 3 is like a love letter to Aliens inspired by elements of Dead Space 1 with hub environments, side quests, interactivity within the hubWhat's with the bad reviews? I waited to buy this until I was able to purchase it for $20 because the reviews were so lousy, yet this is the best game in the Lost Planet series. Lost Planet 1 was mediocre, Lost Planet 2 was flat out bad, but Lost Planet 3 is like a love letter to Aliens inspired by elements of Dead Space 1 with hub environments, side quests, interactivity within the hub environments, great atmosphere, excellent graphics, great gameplay, etc. Again, what were the reviews going on about? It's a travesty that this has such a low Metacritic score. This has far more depth, far better voice acting, far better characters, far better gameplay, etc. than prior Lost Planet titles. Expand
  5. Aug 30, 2013
    I got this on steam and even tried to cancel my pre order and I'm glad I didn't its a great game despite what reviews say I hated lost planet 2 because it had no story the story in this is great and set on the same ice planet from the first it also has great game play I can't recommend this enough
  6. Sep 27, 2013
    I have played all Lp games THIS ONE IS THE BEST Open world allot of combat It is somtimes realy hard and unfair too you but this is what lost planet is made of unfair and nasty situations I LOVE IT. BUY IT BUY IT
  7. Sep 5, 2013
    Very good story mode and graphics. Don't pay attention to the negative reviews.The gameplay is really fun at times and all together it makes a cool game in such an interesting setting!
  8. Aug 30, 2013
    I will never trust review web sites especial gamespot and ign this game is very good
    good graphics and story driven music fellow the good atmosphere i enjoy it
  9. Sep 11, 2013
    Nice comeback from LP2, LP3 have a campaign up-part with LP1. Don't know why ratings are so bad. Story is good, combat gameplay is good, lot of new stuff. Graphics could be better but still very acceptable.
  10. Aug 27, 2013
    The characters and story make a great gaming experience. I loved the facial technology. The gameplay is really fun at times and all together it makes a cool game in such an interesting setting!
  11. Aug 27, 2013
    Great jump forward in the Lost Planet games! This game is superior than the other two games (that I still enjoyed). The graphics are stunning and the controls feel great. I still haven't beaten it, but after 6 hours I'm still entertained.
    P.S. To fully enjoy this game, you need at least 1 friend
  12. Aug 27, 2013
    The story is engaging and got me invested early especially the interactions between Jim and Grace. That was unique. I appreciated the gameplay and the option to go hand-to-hand or in the mech. I have played several other games from Spark in the past few years and this was by far the most thoughtful and most fun to play. Of the LP games, I started with 2 and felt the story in 3 was moreThe story is engaging and got me invested early especially the interactions between Jim and Grace. That was unique. I appreciated the gameplay and the option to go hand-to-hand or in the mech. I have played several other games from Spark in the past few years and this was by far the most thoughtful and most fun to play. Of the LP games, I started with 2 and felt the story in 3 was more interesting and fleshed out. It's good, summer fun and I'd recommend it. Expand
  13. Sep 1, 2013
    Do not listen to negative reviews. Yes, Lost Planet 3 it's a different game than the previous two parts. Yes, it is similar to Dead Space. But what the heck, for Dead Space 3 is very much taken from the Lost Planet: cold planet, Necromorphs looking like Acrids, freezing and more. And when we showed the trailer Dead Space 3 most certainly thought about why the authors decided to copy LostDo not listen to negative reviews. Yes, Lost Planet 3 it's a different game than the previous two parts. Yes, it is similar to Dead Space. But what the heck, for Dead Space 3 is very much taken from the Lost Planet: cold planet, Necromorphs looking like Acrids, freezing and more. And when we showed the trailer Dead Space 3 most certainly thought about why the authors decided to copy Lost Planet.

Many of you have criticized Dead Space 3 for the fact that he almost lost the atmosphere of the first part. So, Lost Planet 3 this is the correct Dead Space 3, for those who want the atmosphere, interesting characters, the attention to detail. Dead Space 3 was very beautiful and epic attraction, but Lost Planet 3 that's how DS was to look for the lost cold planet.

I repeat do not listen to the negative reviews, try to play by yourself and decide whether you like the game or not. If you do not want to buy ask friends to give you a game disc. But give the game a chance. After a terrible Lost Planet 2, the third part it's a giant step forward in the development of the franchise. And I think it's very right step

I apologize for my English. I had to use Google Translate
  14. Feb 11, 2014
    Great game, no jokes. Survival in cold unfriendly environment, reveal dirty secrets of big corporation, meet new monsters and hunt them down. And one of the best giant robot driving experience that I ever had in video games.
    This is my favorite Lost Planet game because it has mature and interesting story. It tells a lot about the inhabitants of E.D.N. and about thermal energy.
  15. Sep 5, 2013
    I'm a long-standing fan of the series, and while I was disappointed to see that the latest entry does things differently, approaching it from the perspective of a gamer, not a fan, allowed me to see that not all was lost.
    The game was immediately marred by a loss of personality. It decided to go for a 'gritty realism' atmosphere, in opposition to the high-flying epic action of the previous games, and that combined with uninspired and repetitive level design packed with backtracking seriously damaged the experience. As a matter of fact, for a long time, I was hard-pressed to describe this as a Lost Planet game, rather than a generic sci-fi third person shooter.
    However, it's my opinion that the game's benefits outweigh its generic feel and repetitive levels. First off the game is visually gorgeous, and unlike the first two, very well optimized for PC. This comes off best in the extremely high-resolution facial animations and PC-exclusive high-resolution textures. Second, the game's writing is outstanding a merit the first two games lacked and is packed with believable and likable characters that I found I quickly started to care about. Third, three enjoyable series stables have returned the towering mechs, adaptable grappling hook, and creative multi-stage bosses and minibosses, and while all three have gone through some measure of change, most notably the mechs (or rather, singular mech) but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. The mech you pilot through the game, the Utility Rig, becomes almost a character of its own as you customize it and unlock various attachments and upgrades that will aid you in your journey.
    In conclusion, the game often wound up being drab and repetitive, but I've always said: repetition doesn't matter as long as what you're doing is fun, and doesn't outlast its welcome. The basic shooting that composes most of the game is uninspired, but the epic boss battles, well-realized story, and incredibly fun mech piloting do just enough to balance the experience out.
  16. Aug 27, 2013
    I better like this story-driven game.Thumbs up.I am impressed by the way they came up with this installment.Well optimized for PC!Graphics are way better then first two parts,unreal engine makes it very playable and quite impressive.
  17. Dec 17, 2013
    Really a solid solo game. Clever, well-acted dialogue. Graphics and audio and mostly intuitive controls make for an immersive campaign. The soundtrack reeks of Serenity, but is a solid selection and the use of environmental effects in playing it is just one of the subtle details the game offers. Yes it's a different game than 1 or 2. But I like change and all of its imperfections. And thisReally a solid solo game. Clever, well-acted dialogue. Graphics and audio and mostly intuitive controls make for an immersive campaign. The soundtrack reeks of Serenity, but is a solid selection and the use of environmental effects in playing it is just one of the subtle details the game offers. Yes it's a different game than 1 or 2. But I like change and all of its imperfections. And this one isn't so off-the-rails as, say, Dead Space 3 is to its predecessors. Pros: Mechs! Giant enemies! Glowy spots for obvious shooting targets! Cons: Lots of walking. Awkwardly placed cutscenes. Limited arsenal... Wait for it to come down in price and pick it up at the 20 30 level. Money well spent. Expand
  18. Sep 14, 2014
    I went into this game with low expectations but I'm finding that I'm really enjoying this game quite a bit. The atmosphere is top notch in Lost Planet 3. Some fun combat and a decent story. Id recommend to anyone looking for a new game to check it out.
  19. Aug 31, 2013
    Although your generic third-person shooter, the story is very well written and worth the price of admission. If you're like me and like a mature story-based game versus how much carnage you can do then this game is worth your cash. It makes you want to see the ending.
  20. Sep 28, 2013
    Lost planet 3 are amazing game, more better than very bad lost planet 2!Graphics are nice,gameplay very interesting,but enrage recurring bosses.Sorry from my bad english,i m from Russia!
  21. Jan 7, 2014
    Much better then Lost Planet 2.
    Great atmosphere, great sounds and music, great history, good graphics.
    I pretty glad for this game, its not ruined like Lost Planet 2, this game is awesome.
  22. Jan 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sorry for my English, I'm a usual Russian guy(in a fur cap and with balalaika)). We Russians are different for her special opinion, which is different from the opinion of others. And I can safely say from us,and that was good. Bad warhead and uninteresting open world , developers compensate for the excellent atmosphere and storyline. The game is far from perfect but on a solid 7.5 I and my Russian COMRADES were satisfied. Expand
  23. Dec 1, 2013
    yeah the gameplay and the graphics are average,but the story,characters,the good soundtrack and the well done voice acting will keep you playing this game seriously wanting to know what will happen.
    the game also has the a very good atmosphere. gameplay is not good but not bad too and the Rig parts are where the gameplay shines especially that fight with Laroche in the final hours of the game.
    there's also a radio in the rig but you won't get the chance to listen coz it's TEMPORARLY UNAVAILABLE for about 95% of the game. Damn that really pissed me off
    the game took me 13 hours and 26 minutes to finish with doing some side missions too
    i can only give it a 7.5. and i could've given it a 8 if the gameplay was better than this,coz killing humans really sucked in this game and if it had a bigger world and more sidemissions
  24. Sep 1, 2013
    The game isn't that bad as the critic reviews may suggest. The music is good, the visuals are quite acceptable (on my older rig), the storytelling is capturing. The voiceover is good but the audio quality is a bit strange. True, it has some tedious parts and lack of rig-weaponry; somehow, it doesn't feel right. I enjoyed the maintenance tasks with the rig which is well suited for those,The game isn't that bad as the critic reviews may suggest. The music is good, the visuals are quite acceptable (on my older rig), the storytelling is capturing. The voiceover is good but the audio quality is a bit strange. True, it has some tedious parts and lack of rig-weaponry; somehow, it doesn't feel right. I enjoyed the maintenance tasks with the rig which is well suited for those, but for combat is unsatisfying. Yes it tries to be Dead Space-like, but I felt some Rage and Mass Effect in it. No achievements so there is little to no replay value for me right now even if I left out a bunch of collectibles. The key configuration is a bit awkward and didn't allow me to remap most of the keys, i.e., use E for multiple actions was rejected, even though some keys were by default mapped to many actions at one. Still, its a buy on -25% sale. Expand
  25. Sep 6, 2013
    Pros:Story/Ending is fantastic its tell a whole life of a man...and E.d.n.3 planet,music pretty good,
    robot view,places,characters,non linear gameplay.
    Cons:can't play old jim...Graphics, sometimes even lost planet 1 is nicer...Unreal3 engine is too old.
    gameplay sometimes get boring.pc version keyboard/mouse...
  26. May 11, 2014
    I'd read all the previews. I knew it wasn't going to be like it's predecessor. But something was still off.
    To start with, the story telling is very good. You control Jim Peyton, an every day guy who travels to E.D.N III. You know, simple, everyday stuff. From the start, you notice he is not one dimensional. He is driven by other things than just money.
    Scenes with his wife, Grace, are
    Scenes with his wife, Grace, are perhaps the best part, as you start to care for Jim even more.
    The map, unfortunately, is small, but it seems rather large in comparison to the slow mech you drive. You trundle around in it for a large portion of the game, and engage in fights with giant Akrid, the denizens of E.D.N III. The fights mainly consist of QTE like button presses, but the swipes from the enemy must be blocked and countered before the QTE starts.
    The on foot section is fine, it's not great, it's not bad. In honesty, the only weapon you really need is the shotgun, accompanied by the frag grenade. You fight Akrid still, on foot, and have to shoot them in their convenient orange glowing areas. Some of the fights are genuinely challenging for a start, but then they just get annoying when you fire an explosive round at an Akrid, you kill it, but the explosion kills you and you have to start over again. It's standard third person shooting, and the cover system works fine too.
    It's a good game, but it's nowhere near great, and I just feel it could have been a lot better.
  27. Oct 19, 2013
    um jogo regular, com uma boa jogabilidade também regular, mas peca com uma história não muito envolvente, gráficos razoáveis, pois poderiam ser melhores. No entanto, o pior no jogo são os inimigos. Basicamente se faz a mesma coisa para matar os inimigos gigantes, você atira e desvia quando eles atacam, e só. Essa a estratégia de todo o jogo.
    A Inteligência Artificial dos inimigos no
    A Inteligência Artificial dos inimigos no jogo outra coisa frustante, pois eles sempre fazem os mesmos movimentos, sendo, portanto, muito previsíveis.
  28. Sep 1, 2013
    Story is always a good thing; Lost Planet 3 delivers with very Human and likeable characters in a fantastic setting with less cringe-y acting from the first game. Unfortunately LP3 is a prime example of what happens when a balance between story and gameplay are not kept at equilibrium; combat and gameplay feels toned down from LP2 with not much in the way of exploration or exciting action.Story is always a good thing; Lost Planet 3 delivers with very Human and likeable characters in a fantastic setting with less cringe-y acting from the first game. Unfortunately LP3 is a prime example of what happens when a balance between story and gameplay are not kept at equilibrium; combat and gameplay feels toned down from LP2 with not much in the way of exploration or exciting action. If anything it feels less fluid and more of a chore come the later battles, instead the game opts to tell you how to win without letting the player come up with his or her own strategy like with the previous games in a desperate attempt to advance the plot. While the aesthetics are nice to look at, levels are very tiny and linear with no room for exploration, missions are laughably short and Loading Screens are painfully plentiful. It really feels like the developer didn't do its research by missing the entire point on what the Lost Planet series was built on and ignoring Capcom's own attempts at perfecting the IP. Hopefully Spark Limited takes the moment to learn that while imitation is considered the best form of flattery, gutting a series from what it's known for in place of something that instead deserves to be in its own IP is what alienates your gamers from the series it enjoys. Expand
  29. Apr 13, 2014
    It has some good moments, like some non cringe-worthy character dialogue, however.... this game is a crawling simulator with a bunch of cutscenes. It has painfully small areas which only seem bigger because it takes you forever to get anywhere. When you're in the mech, it moves extreeemely slowly; and when you're on foot, you have a thousand million tight corridors that your character hasIt has some good moments, like some non cringe-worthy character dialogue, however.... this game is a crawling simulator with a bunch of cutscenes. It has painfully small areas which only seem bigger because it takes you forever to get anywhere. When you're in the mech, it moves extreeemely slowly; and when you're on foot, you have a thousand million tight corridors that your character has to crouch and crawl through.
    There's 3 hours of actual content that's stretched out to seem like there's more.
    And I didn't even do most of the side quests, which required even more crawling and backtracking through all the areas you had already crawled though. I think it could have lasted another 24 hours at that rate. That's not really more content. That's pretending like you have content, and needlessly dragging out something that's already boring.
  30. Oct 2, 2013
    I wasn't expecting much from this game and didn't get much either. The main story is interesting enough but the side stuff is boring and annoying. you have your mech and can go on missions and stuff, there are upgrades for your mech ass well as weapons. I just wish they had put more effort in side missions, made it more open world.
  31. Jul 3, 2014
    I was an avid player of the lost planet series, I loved the first and second game. The third however was a lot different from the other two. The third game failed to give the same progressive or linear story the other two gave and it seemed like it was an attempt to create an open world for the player which I did not feel was achieved. I also did not appreciate the lack of larger bossesI was an avid player of the lost planet series, I loved the first and second game. The third however was a lot different from the other two. The third game failed to give the same progressive or linear story the other two gave and it seemed like it was an attempt to create an open world for the player which I did not feel was achieved. I also did not appreciate the lack of larger bosses and VS suits. The Akrid were extremely lacking in this game and it felt like instead of surviving on a planet infested by giant glowing alien bugs I was on an alien planet dodging bad guy humans and there just happened to be a few Akrid along the way. I was also longing for a battle between me and other VS suits that did NOT involve me in an over sized mech drilling platform. In comparison to the other two games, this was a disappointment to me. If they decide to make another game in the LP series, I really hope they go back to their previous game play styles. If you have never played the LP series, get the first and second game and play those first and THEN play this game. If you have played and liked the other games in the LP series, you may not like this one as much. Expand
  32. Sep 13, 2013
    First of all it should be noted, I loved Lost Planet 1 and 2, they were far from perfect but they had their own thing going for them.

And yes, the story of this is a little better written than the previous games. HOWEVER... The gameplay is lackluster, they took things that made the previous games enjoyable and scrapped them, trying to appeal to a more Dead-Space/Gears of War

And yes, the story of this is a little better written than the previous games.

HOWEVER...

The gameplay is lackluster, they took things that made the previous games enjoyable and scrapped them, trying to appeal to a more Dead-Space/Gears of War audience.

The camera is tighter making it infuriatingly difficult to spot when an enemy is approaching from behind, the grappling hook is practically gone (now instead used on selected ledges when you get a button prompt), the weapons are sluggish and ineffective, enemies weak spots are small and pointless, the Akrid have lost most of their bug like charm.

The fun Vital Suits are gone, instead replaced with the big RIG, which as an addition would have been kick ass but it feels like a feature downgrade. The HUD is temperamental, the Multi-player is a meagre 5v5 (and only a short while after release, apparently barren to) compared to the 8v8.

The reason I loved Lost Planet 1 and 2 (and I imagine most fans will agree) was their gameplay, sure it was a little slower and at time, cluttered and anarchic, which could be kind of infuriating but also fun, but it was different, it wasn't just 'Generic COD clone #425' or 'Third Person Shooter #233', it was Lost Planet, what Spark has tried to do here is gather more of an audience by replicating main stream games, and, without the budget those games are packing or the ground-up focus those games have, they've plummeted short.

The art is disappointing, while in Lost Planet 1 I could see and hear the crunches of the snow and in number 2 the jungle and desert environments were stunning, in here they just feel kinda bland, you feel like a guy walking over a movie set built to look like a snowed in wasteland, not like you're actually there, all in an attempt to make the game feel more survival horror, a-la Dead Space, again robbing the series of its own style.

What about the story that everyone's talking about? Yes, the characters are a little more relatable (or some of them are, whatever, I'll get to that in a second), yes the writing is better than Capcoms attempt, but the purpose of a game is to play, an area where this game falls DRASTICALLY short.

The writing and story is better and the voice acting for both the main character and Gale is pretty good, but some characters just sound bored, some of the voice actors did a terrible job, sounding like they're reading lines for a radio advert or something.

And on a slightly more personal note, the need to make everything darker and grittier is infuriating, seriously, I liked my slightly cheesy story with giant mechs, stirring speeches, a clear bad guy and glowing orange aliens, just because every other game decided they were going to paint the scenery and the story with an extra thick layer of grit doesn't mean you have to jump on board because hey, all the kids are buying that up.

So overall the writing is slightly better, if only slightly, but the gameplay is butchered in an attempt to mimic the 'big games', the enemies, environment, weapons, characters have all lost the things that made them unique, several key elements of play from previous games have been cut down to simple button prompts, removed entirely or over emphasized (such as weak points now being an absolute rather than a reward), and everything that made the series fun in its own way has been removed.

The multiplayer has been butchered, practically completely hacked off and is plagued by long waiting times and miniscule lobbies, a player backing out just before the start of a game will leave everyone else in the lobby in a state of Limbo as players can't leave, new players can't join and the game wont start until there's a full lobby (only remedied by completely quitting the game and restarting), with simple things like a mute player option missing, because a boolean is a hard thing to add.

The gameplay is still slightly enjoyable and some attention to writing is good to see, so while this isn't my cup of tea (and if you're a fan of the first two, probably not yours either) some people may find some enjoyment in this fairly generic shooter (hence the 4) but if you're a fan of the series give this a miss, it was built to try and please fans of the mainstream action games, not fans of the series.
  33. Dec 7, 2013
    i didn't play any game of the lost planet franchise and i decided to begin with that one (i wish i didn't) the game is not good at all i haven't played a game that is so repetitive or boring like this for a long time the story was really good but the gameplay ruined the game for me
  34. Sep 2, 2013
    Why did this even came on PC? DX9 Game with bad keyboard optimization and very "helpfull" boss checpoints, which let you see unskipable cinematics each time you die.
  35. Oct 11, 2013
    Great dialogue writing and acting can't help when the plot is boring and gameplay is so repetitive and irritating. Graphics are okay though. Stay away or you will be insanely bored and frustrated.
  36. Sep 9, 2013
    This game is sooo Lost.... Lost planet 1 was very good.. but this is a shame. 80% in this game is wrong.

DO NOT BUY THE GAME at least you play some "demo" first or see some reviews... Sad day...

Saludos.
  37. Aug 27, 2013
    If you are a fan of the other two Lost Planet games skip this one. The game is pretty much trying to be Dead Space now. Also the game only launches 1 out of 10 times.
  38. Aug 27, 2013
    Huge disapointement. i liked the first lost planet and loved the second. The free moving, jumping and grapling anywhere you want of the first two where awesome. Lost planet 3 bring the brilliant concept trowing all that the window. Really?!? it want from awesome action packet shooter whith super mech to bland shooter and tedious mech walk. im giving 3 point for the graphic.
  39. Nov 17, 2013
    This game reminds me of ummm let me think. MAX PAYNE 3. You do like 4 hours of walking around. That's the game. The rest is cut scenes. Also the game looks okay. I used all the settings. Eg. Set it to Low then Medium... So forth. And I have to say you get the best performance on High. Also when your not walking around you are pulling a lever then walking somewhere else then pulling aThis game reminds me of ummm let me think. MAX PAYNE 3. You do like 4 hours of walking around. That's the game. The rest is cut scenes. Also the game looks okay. I used all the settings. Eg. Set it to Low then Medium... So forth. And I have to say you get the best performance on High. Also when your not walking around you are pulling a lever then walking somewhere else then pulling a lever. It's the same gameplay over and over again.
    I do not recommend this game.
  40. Aug 28, 2013
    If you enjoyed the first two like I did, skip this installment due to the following: Crashes to desktop, hangs infinitely loading maps, can't mute ANYone's mic (so you get to hear someone's broken mic going completely crazy the entire match), lobby "host" gets to kick you if you kill them too much, grappling hook randomly goes where it wants (fires when you press it only 90% of the time),If you enjoyed the first two like I did, skip this installment due to the following: Crashes to desktop, hangs infinitely loading maps, can't mute ANYone's mic (so you get to hear someone's broken mic going completely crazy the entire match), lobby "host" gets to kick you if you kill them too much, grappling hook randomly goes where it wants (fires when you press it only 90% of the time), LAG oh how horrible the lag is which gives crap connections an advantage (you can be melee-ing someone multiple times from behind when you suddenly die from the same person), character animations used to be really smooth now they're N64 style, graphics are seriously mid-tier for PC (you will get stuck in the environment and you will take damage for it as well), weapon selection is crap now there is seriously a HUGE step back in variety with this game, mech (mech not MECHS) are almost non-existent and good for a spam kill or two before blowing up...the list of how frustrating this game is can go on for about an hour.

HUGE step back in the franchise, avoid it, the campaign is typical attempt to appeal to us "westerners" with it's new (horribly boring) story. Another reviewer also said it, Lost Planet 3 is trying to be like Dead Space now with it's atmosphere (even the menu music sounds like Dead Space's!), and they fail miserably. Wait for this game to be $5.
  41. Nov 11, 2013
    I`m Lost Planet fan since 2007. Own all games in the series on PC and X360. And i must say i`m totally disappointed with Lost Planet 3. This game is a garbage on all aspects animations look like PS2 or previous century PC, 'almost" open world is downloading every 2 minutes giving us stupid video logs nobody cares about, all details that were essential for LP are taken away (free anchor,I`m Lost Planet fan since 2007. Own all games in the series on PC and X360. And i must say i`m totally disappointed with Lost Planet 3. This game is a garbage on all aspects animations look like PS2 or previous century PC, 'almost" open world is downloading every 2 minutes giving us stupid video logs nobody cares about, all details that were essential for LP are taken away (free anchor, VSs, roll&shot, jump&shot, grenade shooting, rockets launcher, stun animation and many, many more) and are not replaced with anything valuable. This game shouldn`t be named Lost Planet. It has nothing to do with LP franchise but snow and few character names. But that`s not all. Game is horrible bugged and glitched. Many people can`t even start it or it crashes all the time and there is no patch 2 months after premiere... Multiplayer is worst experience i`ve ever had in video games. People who has DLC characters are invisible for these who don`t have it, same with some weapons, rank and progression is reset to 0 very often, Akrids act like bricks, lagg is everywhere even at people with very good connection indicator, you never know where your anchor will stick, FPS counter limited to 60 no matter what options you`ll set and what PC you have, etc. etc. etc. I could count endless things that are broken in this game. Won`t recommend this game to anybody even my worse enemy, The only good thing worth mentioning are locations and ice. EDN III looks really good and traveling with RIG is pretty fun especially when you`re allowed to play your MP3 (unfortunately game allows you only sometimes, when it wants it, not when you need it). Conclusion Don`t buy it. Don`t even think about this garbage. Go play Lost Planet 1, Lost Planet Colonies or even Lost Planet 2 (not perfect game but compared to LP3 it shines like a diamond). Expand
  42. Aug 28, 2013
    Spark Unlimited's best game yet, still terrible. This is one of the most generic formulaic games boring games I've ever played. It feels like work. There are already so many similar games out there, all of which will be at least some degree better than this. I see no reason to buy this. I will say some of the environments look really good but there is a lot of inconsistency, sometimesSpark Unlimited's best game yet, still terrible. This is one of the most generic formulaic games boring games I've ever played. It feels like work. There are already so many similar games out there, all of which will be at least some degree better than this. I see no reason to buy this. I will say some of the environments look really good but there is a lot of inconsistency, sometimes they look great sometimes not. I would strongly recommend against buying this game, even on sale. If you have to get it, the PC one looks better and doesn't lag as much. Expand
  43. Nov 17, 2013
    I was a fan of the first game and i even liked the second part, but this game is just terrible. It has nothing in common with the previous games. It's just terrible. Seems like they wanted to make it look like Dead Space, but they failed, the gameplay is boring, like the plot. A great step back in the franchise.
  44. Dec 29, 2013
    I'm giving it a zero score because I can't run it without a workaround. No game should crash upon opening for a substantial amount of people. Before buying, google "lost planet 3 crashes upon opening". Today is December 29, 2013. It was released August 27. They've had plenty of time to update/put out patch.

Just pathetic.

1. Nov 22, 2013
    In the end, Lost Planet 3 isn't all that bad. The gameplay is solid enough as long as you're on foot, and the story is well acted even if it doesn't end up being very interesting.
  2. Sep 23, 2013
    Even if you haven't played any of the other Lost Planet games, Lost Planet 3 is a great game with a lot of action and a good story.
  3. Sep 19, 2013
    As weird and ironic it sounds, given the score, this is the finest game in the Lost Planet trilogy, and the most successful title ever made by Spark Unlimited. Because compared to the abysmal Lost Planet 2, this mediocrity is a huge step forward.